[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 99 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Please consider donating to help the victims of the KyoAni studio fire: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-kyoani-heal

File: D2T-S_QUcAUH_w4.jpeg.jpg (158 KB, 1000x642)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
It's been too long, come and talk.
>>
File: ucho_Boil.png.jpg (109 KB, 540x540)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
are Uchouten visual kei?
>>
I hate Australians so god damn much.
>>
hide resurrection when
>>
>>10133304
Nagomu and visual kei are considered different movements as far as I'm aware but they had some things in common imo and I remember reading that a lot of nagomu fangirls moved on to visual kei once it started taking off
>>
File: hide.jpg (48 KB, 315x255)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>10133338
I feel you
>>
File: uchoten.jpg (168 KB, 770x773)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>10133339
You're right, but I think Uchouten influenced bands like Metronome or Codomo A.
Kinniku Shoujo Tai (who were in nagomu at first) also influenced bands from the angura side.
>>
File: D2V846TU0AAx_TR.jpg (591 KB, 1536x2048)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
>>10133304
>>10133339
Never heard of Nagomu. From what I can understand, its 80s bands on a label call Nagomu Records, right?
>>10133341
Speaking of Codomo A, Eiji's current project Matsutake Works (MT WORKS) is picking up in activity now. They have recordings available on Spotify. Pic related.
>>
File: uchoten_aissle_m.jpg (156 KB, 900x1200)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>10133370
Yeah, Nagomu Records was the label of Kera (pic related) vocalist and frontman of Uchouten. He has produced a number of famous bands back in the 80s, although Nagomu ceased activities in early 1990s, Uchouten came back in 2015.
Eiji is a big nagomu boy, he even did some covers of nagomu stuff in his folk side-project onigiri de 120pun.
Matsutake Works is pretty good, 頭痛ちゃん especially is incredible.
Also, Riu, bassist of Metronome, plays in another band by Kera, Kera & The Synthesizers. And FLOPPY (metronome's Sharaku electronic band) has played lives with Uchouten in recent years.
>>
>>10133467
I always think I know a lot, and then I get my mind blown like this. I think a lot of that information is obscure even on the Japanese internet. Even as a fan of Sandwich de 120 pun, I didn't know there was an onigiri version :)
>>
>>10133304
Holy shit I listened to a lot of Uchoten when I was 18, how did I forget about them? Nanairo Shakkuri best/worst song to listen to while on LSD. Is their new stuff any good though? I drifted away from listening to them in heavy rotation about two years before they reunited
>>
File: 435140._UY400_SS400_.jpg (36 KB, 400x400)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>10133467
Were Yapoos signed with Nagomu too? I remember I kept seeing people in lolita forums back in the day associating Jun Togawa both with Nagomu and lolita but I could never find a source for it. I always assumed that either one of her bands signed with them (wouldn't have been Guernica based on the vintage sound so possibly Yapoos) or Nagomu fangirls maybe just liked her too even though she was arguably a much bigger artist than most of the bands on Nagomu.

OR maybe the authors of pic related pulled it out their asses and it then got parroted around like a fact when there wasn't much info about early lolita available.
>>
File: ucho_9.jpg (151 KB, 503x1200)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>10133943
Eiji has a lot of obscure releases, even today, he keeps releasing CD-Rs in very limited quantities that he only sells at live venues and/or sometimes mail-order only. You probably know that he has over 70 CDs released as DENTAKU.
Onigiri de 120pun had 2 CDs, and it included covers of Tama and Karate Bakabon (both nagomu bands), among others.
>>10133954
>Nanairo Shakkuri best/worst song to listen to while on LSD.
Hahahah, great song.
Yeah I liked their new stuff a lot, you can listen to both their "lost and found" EP and "Kafka's Rock/Nietzsche's Pop" full album on Spotify.
Kera also released a jazz album in 2016 called "Brown White and Black" (which includes a cover of Uchoten's "Mississippi", also a Guernica cover, among others). In May, Kera releases a new album, "Landscape". He's been really active on music this past years.
>>10133959
As far as I know Jun never released anything in Nagomu but she was part of the same family of new wave/post-punk bands so yeah, Nagomu gals liked Togawa too. Jun also performed with Uchoten at least once, and shared stage many times. Kera and Jun call each other "Jun-chan" and "Kera-chan" respectively, lol.
Just recently Kera tweeted about Jun because Cou (Uchoten's guitarist) is going to be playing guitar for her, since Bera (old guitarist of nagomu-era Kinniku shoujo-tai, who also played guitar for Jun these past years, passed away recently on a car accident.
>>
File: kon.jpg (144 KB, 800x1200)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
So, I'm officially studying abroad in Kyoto for a month this year. I've been keeping a list of every live I could find announced during that time. What else can anyone reccomend checking out in the Kansai area, visual kei related or otherwise?

Pic unrelated, though I wish it wasn't
>>
>>10134217
Here are some venues you could check out in hope they have some VK performances when you're there:
https://www.metro.ne.jp/schedule
http://bigcat-live.com/schedule
http://www.club-quattro.com/en/umeda/schedule/
http://www.arm-live.com/muse/osaka/
>>
File: 128120190203114346.jpg (439 KB, 590x886)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>10134224
Thanks! So far I know I'll probably catch Diaura, Hyde (funny because I'm seeing him here in LA this year too), and Deviloof. Most bands haven't announced past May and I'm gonna be there late June and most of July.
>>
>>10134233
You're welcome! Good that there are things you can already look forward too (and you can never see enough Hyde lol). And I guess indeed for the complete schedules it's just a matter of waiting a bit for the months to come around.
>>
File: VAMPS.jpg (249 KB, 944x853)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>10134741
>you can never see enough Hyde

More true than you could ever know. He was the first Japanese artist I got into and he's still one of my favorites. I've seen him with Vamps like 3 times so far, and the last time I saw them in LA there were a ton of Japanese bangya at the show. Fun and awesome show, and hilarious to see my mom react to the bangya headbanging in a line.
>>
>>10133338
hideloid when
>>
Just bought Jupiter’s new album on release. This better be good boys...
>>
>>10139817
What do you think? I am hoping to buy it during the European tour.
>>
>>10140469
It’s really really good if you like European-style power-metal. It’s different from everything that came before their last single (two of the three of those songs are on the album). I really like it because I only really care for metal and classical music, which as always Hizaki is great at combining. There is a ton of English. Which surprised me, but Kuze’s voice can actually stand behind the power in the lyrics so it doesn’t sound off or anything. Basically, from what I’ve heard Hizaki and Teru wanted to move back to more traditional metal after doing Vkei for like 20 years. Hence the choice of a non-Vkei vocalist to begin with. Good move.
>>
Also a new parody V-kei band konan suki yaro? (コンナンスキヤロ?) just started with 10 members all based around Visual Tanuki stereotypes. Their first song is...something. Had me laughing.
>>
>>10139817
i miss......zin.......cant believe theyre finally coming 2 london and its without......zin.......
>>
>>10140696
He still does...stuff? Sometimes. You can follow his twitter. Honestly though, his voice never fit the rest of the music. He did okay, but never improved to the level of the other members. Rose Quartz was the culmination of that lol. Horrible English and all. I’m just superbly picky about my music though so grain of salt etc.
>>
>>10140696
Zin’s voice was too weak, untrained, and ‘pop music-y’ for the instrumentals. He didn’t fit.
I’m not a fan of the new vocalist, he feels mismatched stylewise in his outfits, and lacks presence in what I’ve seen, but vocally definitely suits them much better. That said, everything I’ve listened to by them with either vocalist feels very samey.
>>
File: 12.jpg (1.12 MB, 1668x2466)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
Where you people download stuff nowadays?

Used monochrome heaven but seems that they removed the download forum
>>
>>10140492
That sounds good, I am really looking forward to it! I like that they asked the singers from Lacroix Despheres to help on the album. Can’t wait to see them live again!

>>10140696
Zin still has a solo project you can follow. He posts a lot of stuff on YouTube.
I have seen them with both Zin and Kuze and even though I loved Zin’s performance at that concert, the vibe Kuze gives is just as good. I hope you still look forward to the concert.
>>
>>10140495
is that entire song just about fucking bangya? i’m kind of here for it honestly. the singer’s abs are photoshop in his twitter picture though???it’s weird
>>
>>10141224
I am still really looking forward to the show! teru is one of my fave guitarists ever so will be amazing to finally see him live after like 10+ years of stanning him

also seeing the gazette live in london if anybody else is. electric ballroom is a fucking awesome venue
>>
does anybody have any favourite musicians in the vk scene that you admire for their skill?? ive literally been a fan of miyako of dezert since he was in dragonwapppppper in 2008, then onto his stuff in moran and now hes in dezert and playing the best stuff hes ever done.

vk scene is annoying because bands last about a month but it is fun getting to see ur faves in different bands and doing different stuff
>>
File: g3652342.jpg (42 KB, 512x355)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>10141773
People like that for me would be Yuya of Develop One's Faculties and formerly Cocklobin (seriously, look up videos of him playing guitar on YouTube, he has an insane style with unique techniques), Chitose formerly of Tarrot and Chanty, everyone from the Gallo and formerly The Skull Fuck Revolvers, Izumi of Roman Kyoku and formerly Sibilebashir and Baggy Boggy, Jin of Articlear and formerly Nega and The Black Swan, San of Lack-Co and formerly Nega...man, there's lots more. There are tons of skilled musicians, I feel bad for leaving people out.
>>
>>10141773
Guitar: Teru, Hizaki, You (Scarlet Valse) Cazuqui (Nokubura) Daisuke (Nokubura)
Bass: You (Opera)
Vocals: Sono
Writing: Sono, Ayame, Hizaki
Honorable mention for the sheer amount of shit he does: Rimo (Re:Move)
>>
File: D3CbIvmVAAAABzH.jpg (211 KB, 849x1200)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>10141907
yuya is a fuckin god
i didnt know izumi had a new band? was very upset when sibile bashir broke up :-( yeah wajow from the gallo is up there for me, as well as andy. hes such a class bassist

basically all of deluhi are insane musicians, and their reunion live is coming up soon! the band split but all members are still active

leda is in Far East Dizain with sujk

juri and aggy are in breakin' holiday (with yusuke from 12012)

both bands are kind of average but we still stan
>>
has anybody noticed the random uptick of 16 year old malice mizer fans on twitter lately
>>
>>10142084
>>10142113
All extremely based tastes
>>10142115
Yeah, they come from Tumblr, they're all SJWs, who think vkei is an expression of sexuality, and I want to break all of their limbs.
>>
A lot of old visual kei is getting added to Spotify. Just noticed much of GazettE's discography is finally added, including their more recent albums. It no longer just stops at Toxic. LM.C similarly got fixed up. There are more examples but I'll show those later. I hope we eventually get more Versailles and Kiryu. Disclaimer, this is all true for USA Spotify, I don't know about other regions.
>>
>>10142113
Yeah, I was devestated when Sibilebashir broke up. Roman Kyoku thrills me, it's exactly what I wanted. It has Toru from Sex-Android, so that's a huge plus. Their one song so far is a banger, I'm hoping for lots more to come.
>>
>>10142127
yeah its crazy! some new stuff too, a lot of UniTe, entirety of the gallos discography, almost all of dezerts stuff

its crazy how much this allows me to engage with bands as someone who uses streaming for my music. shipping on cds is as expensive as ever so i try and support bands i listen to on there buy enabling my cheki obsession and buying merch.
>>
>>
motoki keeping 2010 oshare kei alive
>>
>>10133370
>>10133467
Nagomu girls are also how lolita fashion started
>>
File: DsxHDU_V4AIzWOD.jpg (229 KB, 800x1200)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>
>>10142124
They're annoying but at the same time I'm happy that bands like malice mizer are still being loved and appreciated. When I first got into vkei as a 14 year old I was doubly as painful, and despite that I'm still into it today. They're annoying now, but once they're done with the dumb "i know everything" 16 year old tumblr phase they'll just be any other fan.

Also seeing malice mizer pics I've never seen before or that I thought were lost to photobucket resurge makes me really happy. In the end, I'd rather have annoying 16 year old malice mizer fans who think that kami was a qweer angel uwu than a gazette fan obsessed with teh hawt yaoiz xD
>>
>>10142124
But anon, it IS method of expressing sexuality. How many bangya can you take home before you get old enough that no one wants you anymore? (Only half sarcasm. Some of my friends are absolutely guilty of this. To obscene levels even)
>>
>>10142271
>>
File: yoshiki_britney.jpg (221 KB, 640x640)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>10141051
soulseek and jpopsuki.
I think MH's dl forum is still there, but you need 50 posts or so to be able to see it.
>>
File: 16859909.png (575 KB, 480x640)
575 KB
575 KB PNG
>>10142469

OOOOOOOOH I SEE

>>
File: noname2.jpeg.jpg (1.47 MB, 2000x1333)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>10142223
Some of Gallo is missing ;(
>>10142227
I've wanted a visual kei band to try glow-in-the-dark hair coloring ever since I found out it was a thing. Glad Dadaroma did it so well.
>>10142228
What a lad.
>>10142240
Who is he?
>>10142242
You have a point, kids do grow up.
>>10142271
I suppose that's just par for the course for any rock star worth their salt.
>>10142469
>using MH
Oh the horror...
>>
>>10142115
I thought i was the only one who noticed glad to know im not going insane
>>
Is anyone interested in turning these threads into a proper general? I tried to call it /vkg/ before. I don't know if that's cringeworthy or not. I know these threads are super slow and last forever. I have ideas for a copypasta that we could use for the OP of each thread.
http://ktai.la-edison.com/sm/index.cgi
http://www.jishubanclub.com/index.php/
These sites are what I use personally to keep track of new releases.
Thoughts, ideas?
>>
>>10146047
They don’t need to be. These threads are so dead and die off a lot of the times because nobody bumps them.
>>
>>10146068
I wish they were more active. I hate MH so much.
>>
>>10146158
I’m a little curious why you hate MH.
>>
>>10146339
It's rotten to the core. Annoying and genuinely bad people from the type of users it attracts, to the people who founded it.
Basically, almost everyone on there is either brainless and tasteless, and SJW, extremely cynical for no reason (this is the big one for me), or all of the above.
>>
File: yoshiki_paul.jpg (116 KB, 1080x1080)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>10146000
I don't really use MH. I'm from the times of D's DL forum (any tr00 oldfag here? D is not the band btw)
>>
>>10146438
Never heard of that, I've only been around since 2013, I'm a yungin
>>
File: main.jpg (69 KB, 770x437)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Weirdest fucking thing I've ever heard, but after a couple listens. I think it might be actually really good and super avant garde.
https://youtu.be/l8-m_Bdd54o
>>
I’m bored. Anyone want something dug up off Tanuki?
>>
>>10146984
Sure, Anon. Do your best/worst.
>>
>>10147066
Give me something specific to work with.
>>
>>10146984
>>10147066
>>10147074
Reminder than making fake gossip is the easiest thing ever and Tanuki is worthless.
>>
>>10146984
>I’m bored. Anyone want me to wade through a pile of shit in hopes I find a dime?

Go for it if you want, but WHY would you want to?
>>
>>10147128
This. Sure, some stuff on there is legit, but the percentage is miniscule.
>>
File: D3UeV50UYAAFRrj.jpeg.jpg (594 KB, 1536x2048)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
I love the huge variety of different visual styles and sounds in the scene today, but I still think not enough bands these days do EGL/EGA stuff. I guess it's not in vogue anymore like it was in the 90s and 00s.
>>
>>10146984
What can you find on Mejibray?
>>
File: kakeru190311.jpg (138 KB, 300x450)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>10147152
On 7/12, Scarlet Valse is doing two lives for Kakeru's birthday. One live is a FREE oneman live, with an optional ¥3,500 premium ticket that gets you into Kakeru's birthday party, and the other live is a ¥10,000 live featuring just Kakeru, limited to 10 people. Weird but cool, I'm going to try and go to the birthday party one. Hopefully nobody reacts negatively to a tall foreign man trying to go to Kakeru's birthday.
>>
>>10147170
That’s not really weird, it’s becoming more common amongst bandmen to do stuff like that.
>>
>>10147174
I found it to be fairly unique, at least from what I've seen. It's not shocking or very surprising. I do think it's a very cool idea and I want to go.
>>
>>10147176
What rock have you been living under??
>>
>>10147181
If I've really been living under a rock, you should easily be able to provide 5 other examples of lives limited to 10 audience members.
>>
>>10147191
Hahaha. Can't back up your bullshit claims so you resort to insults.
I'm gonna be having a great time in Japan while you sit at home wasting your life.
>>
>>10147159
Nothing terribly interesting at the moment. There’s a thread from yesterday titled “Why did Mejibray disband?” Mostly just people suspecting the usual “Oh shit we’re 30 now time to quit Vkei” This picture is a gem though.
>>
>>10147128
>>10147136
Because it’s everyone’s (not so) secret favorite pastime. Everyone reads their own threads too lol.
>>
>>10147201
I thought Mejibray disbanded because they were getting treated like shit by their label?
>>
File: Z7HeRxU.png (361 KB, 512x512)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>10147203
I know most of them are bullshit but I guess that's the fun of it. I didn't mean to be a buzzkill, as long as people acknowledge that Tanuki isn't a reliable source of information, let's enjoy it.

I peaked at the cali≠gari thread, not much to it. Funniest thing I saw was multiple people saying Ao is cute and smells good. Even that wonderful old gay man has obsessive fans it would seem. Wholesome.
>>
>>10147208
Dude, Ao is a legend. Of course he has fans.
>>
>>10147289
Oh absolutely, I love him, he's a complete genius. I just assumed his fans were simpler folks like us, I didn't know that he has excited bangya who see him as an idol. That's a good thing though, I want all generations to realize how amazing cali≠gari is.
>>
>>10147152
There’s 薔薇の宮殿. They’re like...budget/knockoff Versailles if that’s your thing.
>>
>>10147529
I checked them out. At least for this song, there's not much in common with Versailles besides the look and the choir vocals. I like the raw heaviness and weird elements.
https://youtu.be/qpL3HZqU8VI
>>
>>10147529
>>10147679
Oh but you know, it's sort of like Megaromania as well.
>>
>>10141051
https://datenshiecd.blogspot.com/
http://jprockdownload.blogspot.com/

Not sure if they just stole stuff from MH or other similar places though.
Also, you can always try finding the songs on youtube and ripping them from there.
Of course the quality is not as good but I know for me personally, I don't care too much about that stuff.
>>
Am i the only one who is very annoyed from that on girl that ALWAYS comment with a wall of (unnecessary) text under Nimos (ACE, the micro headphones) Facebook posts?
>>
>>10148109
I wasn't before but I am now, damn. I almost just wanna reply to her and say "nobody reads this, you know".
>>
>>10148109
>text under Nimos (ACE, the micro headphones) Facebook posts?
the what now?
>>
>>10148691
If you don't know who or what this is, it won't be interesting to you so it would not be worth explaining.
>>
>>10148109
I feel like too many (female) western vkei fans are like this.
>>
>>10146000
the orange hair dude is yutori from pentagon, hes an absolute fashion icon tbqh
>>
>>10146047
i would be interested in a general, i know these threads die easily but it might be more of an incentive for people to post. I literally only go on cgl for this thread atm lol.
>>
i feel like this is the only place i can be mad about koichi and tsuzukus new thing. its not even particularly good pop music?? they look cute but ughhhh
>>
>>10149209
That's their real them. Mejibray was put together by their producer, probably they wrote their songs too.
>>
>>10149218
thats fucking depressing. good for them ig then
>>
i miss yusuke but new ddrm drummer is cuuuute
>>
>>10149029
You'd be correct. Same type of people that made me hate MH.
>>10149202
Thaaank you. I need to catch up with Pentagon.
>>10149204
Yeah, me too. If I get the opportunity to start the next one it will be a general.
>>10149209
>>10149218
>>10149220
Yeah, it's not my thing either, but I know it appeals to the other side of the fanbase (young females who also like kpop). I'm pretty sure most of Mejibray's songs were written by MiA, and I strongly dislike that guy nowadays. I'm mostly interested in catching up with whatever Meto/Yutaro is doing nowadays, though I'm not quite sure what this is yet. I haven't gotten to hear him sing yet. He talks now though, so that's cool. But yeah, Mejibray was great, will miss them.
>>
>>10149209

I think they are getting better though, I liked flight plan from their new EP. Wish there was less autotune but koichi can't sing half the time lol.

Also I may or may not have spent....some..time reading up on this whole thing so I'm just dumping stuff I read here.

apparently they said they aren't allowed to do vkei/mention mejibray anymore? It's probably a condition of them leaving the label. during the show during halloween they dressed up, but koichi said they won't be doing vkei anymore.

in the interview they had, tzk said he only started listening to edm last year (he was listening to jpop before that lol) so this thing is definitely koichi's idea. Seems like tzk is letting koichi take the lead now, he leaves the MCs mostly to koichi too who is kind of floundering lol.

During one of the first shows Koichi also said they didn't intend or expect to release an EP(super star) so soon since this is something new that they are trying, but tower records (who was helping them promote) told them "might as well make a cd". Which probably explains the shitness if they had to rush something out unexpectedly
>>
>>10149963
forgot to add, but if there's anything good to come out of this, it's that tzk looks way better now physically. He seemed to have gained some weight which is good for him.
>>
What are some good visual kei (metal) bands that are still active?
>>
File: gargoyle5.jpg (145 KB, 800x800)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>10149970
Gargoyle
>>
What are some 2010s bands you liked/ wish would come back from the dead? Maybe they’re just on hiatus or maybe they broke up. I kind of want to listen to some more recent stuff, but I don’t really like too many currently active bands.
>>
>>10149963
thats ridiculous?????? no vkei????? what. like. LEGALLY?? im so???
>>
>>10150029
2010 in itself was an amazing year for VK.

im really missing zoro at the moment. Gonna miss an cafe a fucking bunch - particularly their big days where they had like a cult following and they came to london for shows quite regularly :(

Aicle for definite too, they were probably one of the best VK bands ever. V-neu around when they released LIMIT pv were like sooooo fucking good too

basically i miss early 2010 oshare kei :-(.
>>
>>
>>10150029
Fuck like there’s a lot. Versailles is basically dead, Deluhi (although I guess they’re doing a couple revival lives) Xephyr was pretty good, Virgil too but the members changed a ton then the singer became a voice actor.
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDKOEWxi_48

new dezert mv!!!!! i love it
>>
File: ruihi_01.jpg (778 KB, 705x1058)
778 KB
778 KB JPG
>>10149970
There's tons of them, be more specific. Subgenre of metal?
>>10150029
Aicle should come back.
But if you don't like current bands, you're not looking hard enough, there's modern similar bands to any sub style of vkei. What do you listen to?
>>10150044
Aicle, An Cafe, v[NEU], all so fuckin good. Nowadays we have some good bands like that though, like Sick2, Codomo Dragon, Mikansei Alice, 0.1gの誤算 and BabyKingdom.
>>10150049
>Versailles is basically dead
Not true. Balancing separate activities and the main band doesn't make them dead.
>>
File: c4yfmhwumaabv0f.jpg (197 KB, 799x1200)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>10150254
speaking of sick2, why is hiroshis youtube channel so wonderful and adorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlXk0nZ631k
>>
>>10150260
Yeeeeah it's great!!!
>>
>>10150258
Nope and it’s a running joke among bandmen lol. Every time at karaoke everyone screams “Bonjour” if anyone sings a Lareine or Versailles song.

>>10150254
They don’t have any current plans. Balancing would be going back and forth between activities. Not going years in between lives. Kamijo wanted to go solo.
>>
>>10150290
>Kamijo wanted to go solo.
Way to oversimplify it. Kamijo wanted to to vampire and rose stuff while the rest wanted to do power metal. I'm sick of the Kamijo hate in this community, you all suck. Kamijo is based. He takes care of his friends and puts lesser known artists in the spotlight, over and over again.
>>
>>10147679
Wow, the bassist is a former friend of mine. It’s so cool to still see him being into business and also staying true to his original sound back from his neko Mimi days.
>>
I'm going to bury myself in a hole right now. phone autocorrected desu to desu
>>
File: zin.jpg (36 KB, 400x400)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
wtf happened here..... anyway zin is god
>>
oh god. Is this a 4ch thing? don't really come here that often. I'm just gonna leave it as desu
>>
>>10150567
I just hope Misa isn't a bad guy now, I know he produced Mejibray. Otherwise I don't really care.
>>10150571
>>10150574
Yeah it does that.
>>10150572
He's cool, what is he up to?
>>
File: LAREINE.jpg (46 KB, 500x637)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
speaking of Lareine, check out this amazing live report
https://aitreni.livejournal.com/194195.html
Some highlights
>Kamijo brought a girl in a sexy skimpy outfit and mask onstage and led her to the sofa. She sat there, Mayu went and sat next to her, and she slithered all over him, sticking her tongue down his throat, and then as he played the slides in the instrumental intro she slithered more on him. I had an unfortunately clear view of what she did to Mayu. Then Mayu got up and Kamijo sat down on the couch to be slithered on. :O Kamijo turned his head when he kissed her so all I saw of that was his hair, thank God for small mercies
>>
File: dabide.jpg (139 KB, 543x475)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>10150587
Misa doesn't seem like a bad person, but he seems to be severe or have a strong personality, still doesn't have any shady past like, say, Kisaki.
From what I've gathered from japanese VK fans, he's well liked, and people in the industry also respect him.
He cute in that zebra outfit though!
>>
>>10150590
Yeah, you guys got me into him :)
>>
>>10150588
This live report amused me. I always imagined the girl wears a bad blond wig, that would be so typical.
>>
>>10150588
>>10150754
I may be a Kamijo stan but that's funny as fuck, I forgot that happened
>>
anyone know why tensai. is going on hiatus? they seem to be doing quite well
>>
>>10151609
I can't find any information stating that they're going on hiatus. I checked their Twitter, their official site, and a couple news sites. Are you sure it's てんさい。you're thinking of?
>>
File: D3jioJ0UwAAb2Z0.jpg (827 KB, 1460x2048)
827 KB
827 KB JPG
>>10151609
>>10152166
活動休止 = Hiatus

I heard that it's because they're either going to restart activities under another name or one or some of the members are going to retire from vkei (the bassist or drummer)
>>
>>10150049
Speaking of Virgil I wonder what happened to the third set of guitarists? Did those two do anything at all after that or just kind of disappear?
>>
>>10152239
They must have published that flier a while back, I couldn't find that anywhere on their sites.
>>
>>10152239
Lol almost all of those shows are at 二万電圧? That place is fucking tiiiiny.
>>
>>10152253
Which two? Takato and Luta?
>>
>>10152555
It's the pinned tweet on their Twitter but it's not on their site.
>>
>>10152719
Wow, I totally overlooked that.
>>
Why is it that so many people in this thread seem to not know anything about VK? First someone was denying Kamijo copied a fictional vampire and now people are denying strict contracts existing?
>>
File: Misa.jpg (27 KB, 240x320)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Are you telling me this based man bullied Tsuzuku and Koichi into making pop music?
>>
File: small.jpeg.jpg (146 KB, 600x600)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Thoughts on this album? I think it's great.
>...limited to 500 copies
Wtf Starwave???
>>
>>10152909
misa owns raika now, too, he's basically VK chad.
>>
>>10152937
It’ll take them a long time to sell that many. My friends usually let their albums run on a slight back order rather than making so many they can’t sell.
>>
>>10153085
Oh, that makes sense. I remember bands doing that often in the early 00s.

I also want to post and discuss this album, which is killer in my opinion. I wanna find out who they got to do the soprano sax stuff on SNOW.
>>
>>10153255
I have the album sitting here. Track 11 guest musician is ユッコ ミラー

I think this was return to form for Opera. I’ve listened to it through over 100 times since I bought it on release. It really is a great album! I’m going to the anniversary live and the tour finale in two weeks. Pretty excited. I don’t go to major band’s shows very often. Well except Opera lol.
>>
>>10153595
I figured you where who I think you are. Have fun, keep going with you love for that band :)
>>
File: D4gRfFBU4AMcxqB.jpg (55 KB, 800x533)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Best look I've seen in a while, need to see how they sound. It's the guy from黒百合と影 so I'm assuming it'll be great.
>>
>>10153606
Thanks! 11 years strong lol. Someday I’ll get to talk with one of them about writing I hope! Ayame and Sono are composition gods. Inhuman abilities there. I got to meet my absolute guitar idol at a friend’s gathering about a month ago. He was everything I hoped he’d be in person lol. Incredibly nice drunk おっさん.
>>
File: noix.jpg (102 KB, 800x494)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>10133124
NOi'X / NightingeiL / L.I.S.K / MUNIMUNI
Ikebukuro Chop, July 19th
https://eplus.jp/sf/detail/2931330001-P0030001
>>
>>10154322
Shit...that’s a blast from the past. Are you going to this anon? I’ve somehow never heard of that live house.
>>
Any recs for someone who likes「想葬」 by コドモドラゴン ?
>>
>>10154569
Praying for better taste desu
>>
>>10154648
:(
I'm just looking for something else other than the typical heavy guitar/screamo vkei, really.
>>
>>10154322
Ah fuck! I love all these bands but by then I'll have moved back the states. That livehouse is great too, one of my favorites.
>>
>>10150754
>>10150761
There's that other really funny Lareine live report where apparently Kamijo used ketchup instead of fake blood for some reason and squirted ketchup all over himself and under the lights it heated up and he smelled like rotten McDonald's. He got really distressed and had to change.

Or that other Lareine live where it was their last one and Kamijo didn't come out for the final set at first and the other members were trying to look for him and it turned out he was curled up sobbing in the corner.

Kamijo is such a weird dude but at the same time so earnest about his work and aesthetic, I really respect him. And he's so nice in person, not stuck up at all.
>>
>>10153608
I have a feeling this band is gonna be great. Mei from kuroyuri to kage, Hisame from Grieva and You from MIZTAVLA. I'm hyped
>>
>>10140495
If you like them another great parody band is
怪盗戦隊ヌスムンジャー. They do a lot of parodies of other bands. So far they've done the Raid, 0.1gの誤算, DADAROMA, and Golden Bomber. They tried to do a few more but all the bands said no or sent cease and desist letters to them. Their next parody is actually going to be a Kiryu parody and I'm super excited for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6CpdIFKJs
>>
https://youtu.be/RMqVD_M1oAg
>>
https://youtu.be/7BQwaaOgv_M
>>
https://youtu.be/7ENIrfHK4Cw
>>
https://youtu.be/rhayC02vjdA Enjoy guise~
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>10155452
God I fucking love AION
>>
File: zikill_c.jpg (127 KB, 770x666)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>10155431
Great band, great concert.
>>
New Metronome single sounds good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlmCPY0LWGo
>>
>>10155215
Ignore that troll, I'll give you reccs in a bit.
>>10155322
>earnest about his work and aesthetic
>so nice in person, not stuck up at all
Wish more people realized this.
>>10155339
Hell yeah!
>>10155434
>>10155438
I own both of these, awesome stuff.
>>
>>10156053
Right? I've met Kamijo in person only a handful of times but he remembers his fans and takes care to greet everyone nicely, and his live performances are absolutely incredible. I didn't used to really like his music until I got dragged to one of his lives and now I can't get enough, his voice live is so much better than how it sounds on the CDs its unreal.

He's dismissed as the "weird bonjour guy" but he's one of the last old-school era vkei artists who has stuck with his aesthetic instead of going normie and I really respect that.
>>
>>10156118
He's not only stuck with his aesthetic, he's evolved and led the pack. True legend.
>>
>>10156196
Metamorphose/Fiancailles-era Lareine is peak aesthetics though, he never topped it.
>>
>>10156053
>everyone who posts something I disagree with is a troll
>>
File: D4OKpQqVUAU1Bx5.jpeg.jpg (297 KB, 843x1200)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>10156370
I respect your opinion, but I think The Love From A Dead Orchestra and God Palace are his greatest works, at least in terms of composition. It's hard for me to say any of his visuals are better than the others, they all seem to fit the intended mood.
>>10154569
Okay, back with recommendations. For that sentimental type of sound, nobody really does it better than Vistlip. I'd also highly reccomend Chanty and Tarrot.
>>
>>10156399
Forgot to mention, I can reccomend specific songs by those artists if you'd like. Let me know.
>>
>>10156426
>thinking everyone on 4chan is the same person

You sound absolutely crazy.
>>
>>10156426
Can you get over it? You shitting up the thread responding to it is just as annoying. Posts were deleted on both sides.
>>
File: 2119.jpg (187 KB, 600x900)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
It's SAN's birthday tommorow, say something nice.
>>
>>10152652
I think they both quit music? Neither of them are on the guest list for the 10th anniversary live next week. That’s a shame. Would have been cool if all the members showed up. I wonder if they’ll go watch?
>>
>>10156461
Oh shit, it's also Masashi's birthday tommorow!
>>
>>10156401
Thanks! Yeah please give me some songs to start off from.
>>
I love Acchan so much, even his 53-year-old self in 2019. I really don't now what I will do when Buck-Tick stops making music one day...
>>
>>10157561
Agreed, one of the last bands with an original line up. It’ll be awhile before they hang it up probably!
>>
Anybody else going to the Gazette concert this Tuesday in LA? It's my first concert for any Japanese band and my first time going to one alone, but I'm so excited.
>>
>>10159541
They put on a great live show! You will have a really good time!
>>
did any of you guys use to go to this site called jrockanonmeme on livejournal oh my fuggin gad the crazies on that place
>>
>>10159541
oh goddamn im going too anon!! i took the day off work for that shit goddamn haha
>>
>>10160079
That was the best shit
>>
>>10160079
I still go to some anon memes on lj and dw
>>
>>10159636
Thanks for the encouragement!

>>10160084
That's awesome! I'm really looking forward to it, hope you have a good time tonight anon!
>>
>>10159541
How was the concert? I saw a setlist and I'm pretty excited to see them again in NYC!
>>
>>10160679
It was great! They had a lot of energy (especially Reita), and their English was super cute. Plus I loved people watching. Hope you have fun!
>>
File: hide5.jpg (12 KB, 250x250)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
May 2, 1998.
>>
>>10161148
Have been listening to his solo discography today in memoriam and I'll never not be amazed by the variety just in Psyence alone. He really was a genius.
>>
>>10161161
>genius
>dies by hanging himself on a door knob by what people close to him think is an accident

Weird choice of words anon.
>>
File: hide+tusk.jpg (43 KB, 780x439)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>10161178
Bad taste, anon.
>>10161161
Psyence is my favorite, but I don't think I dislike a single music piece produced by him.
Have you seen the HIDE+TUSK movie?
>>
>>10161203
This is 4ch, everything here is in bad taste. The only people who think it’s not are trying to make themselves feel better about coming to this shithole.
>>
>>10161178
yeah except thats actually def coming from denial, he had history with suicidal thoughts + substance abuse, his brother said in his book he was morbidly obsessed with suicide and had a talk with him about what to do in case he dies shortly before he did die, though the accident vs suicide thing is its own can of worms that will never really have a clear conclusion. doesn't change the fact he was a great composer and songwriter which was the point of the post.
>>10161203
same! Of course I did, I really like the concept of the story and I really like the visuals of the movie itself too. Makes me wish he did more things like that, he had a nice dark short story about honey blade i really like too
>>
I was looking for a translation of a "song" from the band Nightingeil. The album is Shippai no boku seikou no kimi (失敗の僕 成功の君) and the track is called ------

Can anybody help me? I'm really curious about what it says.
>>
>>10161372
Suicide is just a special class of Darwin Awards being handed out so it’s fine.
>>
>>10161817
ow the edge
>>
>>10161817
I wonder what kind of person would be anti-hide on a visual kei thread.
I mean, you obviously know who he is etc so you're not just a random passing troll.
>>
>>10161994
I just think he was over rated, and that anyone who commits suicide is weak and doesn’t deserve to be glorified. There were quite a few copycats, to me that’s the real tragedy from it all, not him initially doing it. He must have known how admired he was and how it would upset people.
>>
>>10161997
We just don't know what was going on in his mind, I don't judge people like that without knowing them personally.
But anyway that's irrelevant. I kind of understand how he might seem "overrated", being so famous and all, but I think he deserves the praise he gets, I think he was a really amazing songwriter on top of being a great guitarist. His voice is OK, not a pro, but managed to find his own style.
Out of curiosity, what VK bands/artists do you like?
>>
File: Ao_Sakurai.jpg (65 KB, 250x350)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2wr64Volwo
why is Ao so based?
>>
>>10162223
Stop trying to police what other people post. Not everyone is who you think they are, that’s why you get told that. People can have opinions different than yours and it isn’t “trolling.” Telling people that you wish they killed them selves makes you no better than the “trolls” you sperg out about.
>>
>>10162223
it’s pretty uncool of you to try and act like some moral authority in these threads and then say stuff like

>wish you had comitted suicide instead of him. I genuinely, genuinely do

especially when you said you felt threatened by an anon before.
>>
>>10162223
Nightingeil anon here!
Yo, I feel the same, La'Mule and Nightingeil are like one of the best vkei bands for me, it's so hard to find a fan of them.
And thanks for that, I was looking for the English lyrics of that track for much time now but I think nobody has translated it.
>>
>>10162341
>>10162337
It’s the same person as >>10156429
>>10156428 were replying to. >>10156426. He got his posts deleted last time for starting drama/trying to minimod the threads and gatekeep saying people posting conflicting opinions were all the same person and now it looks like he’s doing it again telling people he wishes they would committed suicide.
>>
>>10162341
>>wish you had comitted suicide instead of him. I genuinely, genuinely do

wow what a cunt. he has no right to act like he can dictate the way these threads go when he tells people he “genuinely, genuinely” wants them to kill themselves.
>>
2 days of Matenrou Opera
Unfortunately I had to leave before the end today, but the anniversary live yesterday was magical.
>>
if I'm reading the jpn comments right, takemasa from kiryu announced his marriage???
>>
>>10164626
Yeah, only like 2,5 years late. I really hope people won’t make such a fuss of it.
>>
>>10164839
Brand X in Tokyo closed overnight with no warning. Presumably with a lot of money for preorders and events. The not only left customers, but labels and bands in the dark. That’s outwaying the shit-storm that Takemasa would have faced. Also besides Kiryu’s bangya no one else will care other than a side comment to someone else.
>>
everything seems to be happening at once
>>
Is it worth it to travel 2,5 hours to see Jupiter if they're only playing for 1 hour?
>>
>>10165346
as somebody who travels for concerts a lot, it will always pay off

im travelling about 3 hours on the coach to see them on sunday!
>>
>>10165346
Why 1 hour? I don't think it's worth it considering the cost
>>
>>10165346
I'd make a day of it and go shopping and eat at a regional restaurant before the show.
>>
>>10165832
>>10165834
Nayrt but it's probably their show in Rotterdam, because there are 4 other bands performing before them they only play for like 1 hour. The other bands are not very good and Rotterdam is not a nice city to visit. It would be better to visit a different city on the way there depending on where you're coming from.
>>
>>10165346
>>10165836
I'm not going because it's in Rotterdam, nobody I know is going. It's really dumb they're playing there instead of in Amsterdam or Utrecht.
>>
people are losing their shit because of Takemasa's marriage announcement on youtube kek. The dislike bar is huge and japanese bangya are pissed because he was acting passive aggressive towards the kiryu bangya during his announcement.
>Inb4 kiryu disbandment
>>
>>10165932
>disbandment
there's suspicion of this already anyway, with mahiro's eyes not getting better and the speed at which they are releasing singles
>>
>>10165932
It'll be interesting if this will actually impact their CD or ticket sales.
I have a feeling it won't though.
Most of the Kiryu-gyas are Mahiro-gyas anyway.
>>
>>10165346
I don’t know of you went, but I did find it worth it in the end. I did had to take the very last train home. The other bands weren’t my thing, but Jupiter was great. I think they played a little longer than scheduled as they ended at 23:10. Would have preferred other Amsterdam and Utrecht as well, but I am already glad they decided to come to the Netherlands.
>>
any recs for vk bands/song with jazz influences?
>>
Does anyone remember when Music Japan took pictures of dressed up people at visual kei shows? I wish they'd bring that back, or maybe it's a cool blog idea for someone else. I saw some really nice looks at Jupiter in Europe.
>>
>>10170310
Matenrou Opera’s singer Sono has a solo project 運命交差点 (Unmei Kousaten) that might be up your alley.
>>
I mean, I don’t want to just blindly dick ride hide, but I cried reading this story, about the song “misery”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/visualioner.com/2015/05/02/stories-of-hide-r-i-p-1964-12-13-1998-5-2/amp/

Go ahead and name a more wholesome v-kei or even j rock musician.

Pro-tip;
It’s impossibru
>>
File: D5JcWxeVUAAhOy3.jpg (441 KB, 2000x1408)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>10155322
>it turned out he was curled up sobbing in the corner
That's so fucking cute.
>I really respect him.
Same here, I wish more people saw the amount of passion and effort he puts on his work, specially when going against odds and hardships.
>>
>>10156399
>I think The Love From A Dead Orchestra and God Palace are his greatest works
Totally agree on this. I'd even risk saying both of them are masterpieces.
>>
>>10171944
I didn't know this. Misery has always been one of the most soulful and emotional songs for me.
hide is the best.
>>
It was just announced that Morrie and Kiyoharu will be having a show together in NYC on August 16th. It will be super cool to see Kiyoharu live!
>>
Klaha era is truly the most under appreciated Malice Mizer era
>>
File: memoire.jpg (41 KB, 640x480)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>10177216
But Klaha era is rather popular, especially the last 3 maxi-singles.
Tetsu era is truly underappreciated.
>>
File: D7aVFzEWkAE4sIg.png (472 KB, 729x512)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
Hizumi just announced a new band. I never thought I would see the day where he returned to the music scene. I hope his voice can hold out. But what I really want is for D'espairsray to come back.
>>
File: ruki.jpg (322 KB, 772x1210)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>
File: NEW LOOK.jpg (169 KB, 1024x682)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>
How do all these foreign girls get in with band guys wtf. Obviously they must live in japan, but I don’t get it? What do they do?
>>
>>10182949
Usually Twitter dms and going to concerts & meet and greets lol. A good portion of vkei guys hook up with fans.. it’s not difficult at all
>>
>>10182949

Yes to everything here >>10182954

Probably outing myself by giving this much advice, but...

A lot of the foreigners I’ve met here that know a lot of people are a bit infamous for burning through a lot of guys. That’s not a judgement, just an observation. The guys also won’t judge, but once you start sleeping with multiple people that will be your reputation. If you just want to bang someone it’s easy, if you want friends or lasting relationships you have to put in some work, meet the right people.

Also this is a terrible idea and only works if you’re up front about being mixed/foreign and speak fluent Japanese, but it is possible to meet decent people on tanuki. I was bored one night and ended up with a long-term boyfriend from one post that I thought wouldn’t go anywhere. However, unless you’ve been here a while and know what you’re doing Twitter or leaving a note at a live is much better and loads less risky.
>>
fuck-chans? in my /cgl/?
>>
>>10182949
Show up? Japanese guys think foreign girls are cute and easy. The language barrier is the only thing that may discourage some men, but if they're attracted to you enough they'll try. They're still men.
>>
>>10182949
Literally just be pretty and have decent Japanese skills. If you try and it doesn’t work out you probably aren’t pretty enough. I didn’t even try and I’ve had several bandomen attempt to hook up with me.
>>
>>10182949
Be pretty and easy
>>
>>10183063
More likely than you might think
>being a slut just because a guy is able to play a few chords on a guitar
>>
File: D7_AaKTXkAAwjsL.jpg (128 KB, 800x1200)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
I'm kind of in love with The Benjamin's latest artist photos.
I don't even particular love their music, but it's refreshing to see older guys still in the indie scene.
>>
>>10184355
im a sucker for casual looks with sclera contacts
>>
File: c4yfmezueaafj-4.jpg (255 KB, 799x1200)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
would anybody know where i would get those members badges you get in the gacha machines sometimes at stores?? mercari is actually kind of shit for vk merch
>>
>>
>>10150254
>>10150260
>>10185017
These kind of pics make me want to git gud at make-up, but I worry my face will melt off after 1 hour. I also have extremely sensitive skin so I can't use those fixing sprays. Visual kei make-up tutorials don't talk about this kind of stuff. I know they use a lot of photoshop but how do they deal with it at lives?
>>
>>10189878
desu i have similar issues but i kind of just deal with the bad skin it gives me bc i wear make up every day anyway lol. maybe you could try setting powder.
>>
>>10157561
My favorite band ever, Atsushi has the most beautiful voice. I wish they were more famous in occident so I could have friends to hype with.
>>
Bump
>>
File: retsu.png (1.15 MB, 2560x1440)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
dimlim's new single is out online.
https://linkco.re/SQbSFpT7
>>
>>10192630
good christ that screenshot. also dimlim are going places
>>
>>10184355
This is what I aspire to be.
>>
File: 1516809425348.jpg (88 KB, 677x1024)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>
File: DiPT1NtVAAAas7A.jpg (64 KB, 782x568)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Ya'll should join the MK's Visual Kei Discord server if you havent yet, talk about anything from music to cosplay to dramaz

https://discord.gg/XxgcWTv
>>
>>10201266
>larping as Kamijo

I’m not surprised at this behavior from a kamijostan but I am disappointed
>>
I wish there was a decent VK discord, but the one posted in this thread was posted by some LARPer which is a red flag and the only other well established one I can think of had drama with some fat fujoshit who likes that yakuza game crying about her feelings being hurt by the coowner
>>
>>10201266
Love these old Lareine/Kamijo pics,
Do you have more?
>>
>>10201272
didn't join this but you may want to take a look at this one: https://discordapp.com/invite/GfSqGrj
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaK_mg4Y0Mk

such a good live, this one
>>
https://youtu.be/pa79pW8hmso
Their collective hatred of Gackt somehow made (nearly) all commenters deaf enough to praise Kamijo to the nines, while he sounds just awful here. How can you delude yourself into thinking this is better than the original?
I hope Kamijo is able to have some sort of voice recovery (different training?) like Kyo had after a bad phase a couple years ago, but I honestly doubt it, taking his age into account...
>>
>>10217894
Kamijo fans are some of the most delusional, irritable, and defensive fans I’ve seen. When faced with facts they ignore them and try and insist he is some amazing VK savior who spreads his music purely for the sake of blessing their ears with his frenchaboo presence.
>>
>>10217901
Absolutely agree. Some of my friends who attended his concerts act as if he's some literal "sooo humble and sweet!!!"-angel, when he's probably just the same as all old bandmen.
I actually quite liked Lareine and Versailles, but his solo work sounds so mediocre and same-y and his live singing is getting more and more unbearable. Tanuki says that his family is well-off, which definitely would make sense since there's no way he makes enough to continue being a singer for so long.
I wonder the same about D and Asagi: in their 40s, yet still active in an indies band...
>>
>>10217983
His concerts sell out quickly, so I assume he earns enough with his music to make a living. And if not he might have another job. I am sure plenty of other VKei musicians have other jobs as well. Vkei is so niche that unless your Gackt, Yoshiki or Miyavi, you probably don’t get rich of your music.
>>
>>10217983
To go on about D and Asagi. They have that photostudio know, or at least it has something to do with D but I have no idea who exactly owns it. And Kaya co-owns a livehouse. These are probably new ways for them to earn a bit more.
>>
>>10218147
I think people tend to overestimate how much concerts make. And it's not easy getting a job as a mid-40s, blonde and longhaired parttime bandomen in Japan lol

>>10218158
I've never heard about that, where did you get this info from?
>>
>>10217894
...fuck sake he sounds awful
>>
>>10217894
>>10218481
Sounds like a dying goat
>>
>>10218250
Well his merch and such sell out quickly as well. His CDs and such never seems to sell out though. He also has that accessory line, but I don’t know how much he would make on that. Still most fans I know do trow quite some money at him.
Yeah there are probably not a lot of job opportunities for them. I do know some bandmen do some form of teaching/instructing, but you never really get to know more about that.

>>10218250
Well Asagi is the owner of Studio Rosarium. They have a lot of rooms from D PVs.
https://twitter.com/studiorosarium/status/1149188576707354624?s=21

And Kaya co-owns the livehouse PetitMOA. (It is more of a small and artsy live-house.)
https://twitter.com/petitmoa/status/1130776373302243328?s=21
>>
>>10218875
I can answer that last bit for you. The less busy guys that are still very skilled give lessons or voice training etc. However, that combination of good and not busy is rare. For example Hibiki used to give drum lessons, but when he joined Matenrou Opera as an official member he quit. A ton of older guys own bars or that type of thing. Mikage for example. Others move on to ghost writing or producing like Avanchick’s Otake. A lot of the lesser known guys work in shops or bars. They do a lot of stuff. They’re just normal people after all lol.
>>
>>10219183
Mikage ex-hizaki grace project and babylon? what's his bar?
>>
>>10220463
Yes. Google Kabukicho VKei Bar. It’ll be the first result. It’s not private, if you’re in Tokyo you can go there.
>>
This one is awful as well, the other guys harmonize together and then there's Kamijo trying to stand out and holding notes longer than them on purpose.
https://youtu.be/PyP9wZb-CVE
>>
>>10221010
https://youtu.be/Uyi7BSowHmg
>>
>>10221014
>This song works better with Kamijo's style!
No.
>>
File: 1542152135132.jpg (27 KB, 1024x718)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>10150254
>An Cafe, v[NEU],

Holy fucking shit I almost forgot about them
>>
>>10221010
I watched the entire live, but the first singer was even more awful than Kamijo. He lacked any form of charisma on stage. Kamijo’s songs were way too fast paced for his way of singing, but he did bring some livelyhood on stage. The third singer was the best in my opinion. The three guys indeed didn’t sound well together, but yeah I wouldn’t blame it all on Kamijo. They should have let Közi sing some more, never understood why they didn’t make him the singer. He does sing quite well.

I have to say the live was underwelming. I thought I would love it, but I found it meh. ) I feel like it is nice that they tried to replicate the same performance stuff they did during those old big lives, but it looked a little forced. It didn’t really look like they were having a good time at all. They also shouldn’t have muted the audience so much, as it sounded like they was barely an active audience at the live. (According to friends who went the audience was much louder at the concerts itself.)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XsZ3Wo09UgE
>>
>>10221198
I don't know the first guy at all, but yeah, Hitomi was the best, also because he sounded the most similar to Gackt, which simply suits MM's songs.
>I feel like it is nice that they tried to replicate the same performance stuff they did during those old big lives, but it looked a little forced. It didn’t really look like they were having a good time at all.
I absolutely agree, it was painful to watch. Yuki sometimes smiled but the others looked ready to cry. When Mana did that little fanserive bits all I could see was a pitiful guy in his 50s, he moved so robotic in comparison to back then.
Some commenters claimed that they looked "touched" but to me they just looked unbelievably sad, especially when they played au revoir with that video of Gackt playing and then quickly went off stage before the encore. That wasn't a happy event for them.
I always wondered whether they regret disbanding, their fame ended before they even turned 30, that's not something one can handle easily.
>>
>>10221198
>>10221212
The first singer is Shuji from cali=gari goatbed and xa-vat, who was also a MM roadie like Kamijo and Hitomi.
>>
>>10221651
I didn't mind Shuji's vocals, but it's very weird to hear him sing in a more vkei style when cali=/=gari is...not like that at all, especially as of late. his vocals are definitely weak at parts.

he looked amazing though
>>
>>10217894
>>10218481
>>10218496
I honestly wonder what the fuck happened to Kamijo's voice. He was pretty good in Versailles up to Jubilee (in my opinion at least) but since Destiny the Lovers he sounds like he is trying to shout louder and louder and I hate it so much.
>>
>>10221198
>>10221212
Yeah, this just about sums up the way I felt, too.
Going in I was almost prepared to cry, as I did tear up when reading the live report, but the whole thing turned out to be kinda awkward and emotionless, and I ended up enjoying ZIZ's segment the most.

Mana looks pretty good for his age.
>>
Any bands coming to Europe this summer?
>>
>I guess in the end, we really were nothing but beings of Malice and Misery™™

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.