[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 75 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

The world ends at the end of March.

What are you working on? Looking forward to? Any drama?
>>
Anyone else at minami this weekend? Seen a few cosplays already.
>>
File: mcmgroup.jpg (65 KB, 605x960)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>10122543
Cant wait for the medication and fresh fruit and veg shortages.
>>
>>10122609
Great, you have abs
>>
>>10122543
cant wait to die lol
>>
>>10122614
Go play DmC 5 to lift your spirits before death.
>>
Anyone thinking about going Liverpool comic con? I wouldn't it's dead!
https://youtu.be/icSFEi4i2HA
>>
>>10122713
Because most people are planning to go tomorrow?
>>
>>10122713
its friday, most people are working or travelling
>>
>>10122713
I didnt think it'd be this dead but fridays are always the deadest day, I'm going tomorrow and sunday.
>>
>>10122756
They have also downsized from what I can see from last year it seems?
>>
>>10122800
What’s the usual person total? I’ve never been.
>>
>>10122880
Apparently they've sold 5,000 tickets for tomorrow
>>
>>10122800
if anything they seem to have grown slightly. Last year was rammed on the sat and sun. This is their first Friday so i'm not surprised it's dead af
>>
>>10122900
Wasn't it two halls last year, or am I mistaken?
>>
>>10122906
i'm sure they opened up all of the halls iirc
>>
>>10122897
It was definitely packed. But the layout was atrocious and meant that half of the whole was empty and the other half you could barely walk around in. Which meant everyone just sat in the hallway and you could barely move without stepping on a bag...
>>
>>10123303
yeah was packed but not as busy as i'd though it be. Why do they insist of taking up a large chunk of the hall for 1 replica spaceship and barely anyone took pictures of? That could have been filled with more stalls for sure.

There was also some lovely folk selling knock off anime t-shirts and wallets for x2 the price of the og. Typical.
>>
>>10123334
You had to pay for a conbook too... ridiculous. I don’t know any other event that does that...
>>
>>10123334
Maybe they wanted to make it look busier in the videos/photos?
>>
>>10123345
There weren't even many cosplayers there like they took a photo, but with barley anyone in it. The photographers there also weren't very good
>>
>>10123344
Yeah that's bad. Another thing was the huge amount of normies. I couldnt find a seat to sit down anywhere because all the mums with prams took up all the seating. I got stares and comments about how "weird" cosplaying is etc. I wish they wouldn't try to appeal to these people.
>>
Reminder that this is a niceposting thread!
>>
File: pedotakesatrip.jpg (49 KB, 498x409)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
I wonder why?
>>
>>10123495
Andres at it again I see
>>
I don't mind Sunnycon and wondering what their liverpool event is gonna be like, but I can't handle this cringe from tuker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rq2vXHVEtY
>>
>>10123303
>>10123334
Damn, really dodged a bullet there by being a lazy piece of shit and just staying in bed all weekend
>>
I notice there's Tekken 3 announced for MCM Birmingham. I know it's a slim chance but im hoping to see a Tekken 7 related announcement soon
>>
>>10123874
These videos are just plain stupid. Not surprised there’s barely any views.
>>
>>10124279
Sat was decent, sunday was pretty dead. Basically normie con. Was a laugh but if you're a weeb you're not very welcome by the looks of it. They treasured shit bought-tier supermans and star wars cosplayers but actual good weeb cosplayers were totally ignored by press, staff, and attendees. It's what they did market towards so i'm not really all surprised.
>>
>>10124398
so it really was shit.

And lol at them charging 22-28goodboypoints for a day pass for something so fuckin small and crappy, when even MCM charges half that much
>>
File: bristol.png (828 KB, 1572x686)
828 KB
828 KB PNG
>feeling jolly

I don't think your maids are very jolly mate
>>
>>10124398
Agreed, Sat was ok but it was defo a normie con which I was expecting. Nowhere near worth the 22 quid ticket price for a single day, never mind the 60 odd for the whole weekend. I also thought it was fucking stupid the system they had around the entry halls. They were only letting wristband holders in through both hall entrances but single day stamped people could only go through another which I totally did not understand. Got chatting to a few of the guest cosplayers though and they were nice enough.
>>
>>10124452
The sheer amount of wasted hall space and normie mums that didnt know wtf was going on was a huge shame.
>>
>>10124484
yes that space was weird cramming all the dealers into one side making it very hot and stressful at times when busy and then so much free space at the other end. Still, don't understand why there was one console in the middle or nowhere
>>
>>10124435
has anyone noticed that arcadia always seem to update their social media at about the time the pub closes?
>>
>>10124518
Wonder why..... /s
>>
Looking forward to March 29, it had better happen
>>
>>10124557
if it happens
>>
>>10122543
I'm going to start making 4 cosplay outfits that i need for a con in 2 months and i've only made a cosplay outfit once in my life.... rip me

I am looking forward to my first big con and Tokonatsu. i hear some drama every now and then but i don't like to bring it up here since i don't wanna get involved plus people bring it up here anyways (either there or on the discord group)
>>
>>10122543
Costumes are sorted, now its just a case of getting time off approved for conventions...
>>
File: IMG_20181014_170304.jpg (1.17 MB, 3120x4160)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
Hibana reg is open, get going
>>
Hello, I'd like to claim the keys for my reservation at The Hub, 7th floor.
>>
oop oddtogs cosplay drama kicking off on facebook
>>
>>10125028
Share?
>>
>>10125083
looks like they made the most recent stuff public. I have not read it yet, but something about a deceased pet? Is the drama there. I do not want to read 21 posts and see it actually about a dead pupper because sads.
>>
>>10125115
nah she used the photo of a dog because it looks sad, its not relevant to the post. Shes made a massive post doxxing a dude she used to fuck because shes pissed he dumped her, and then got worse in the comment replies, its very entertaining
>>
>>10125131
Ah, thank you brave anon. I shall read.
>>
File: brookes.jpg (86 KB, 320x498)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>10125131
I love how Beth comments, swear she posts on any drama. Maybe her attempts of saying she's killing herself to people haven't been working so needs more attention
>>
>>10125178
what the hell am I reading?
>>
>>10125178
> Beth Brookes telling someone to be more mature
LOL
>>
>>10125178
thought you meant the other beth then, was confused as i hadnt seen her posting about suicide anywhere
>>
I fail to see how this post on their page was a good idea. If she is pissed because the dude broke it off, did she think this post would win him back!?
>>
>>10125194
the comments on her part in this are gold
>>
>>10125195
from what ive seen her ex friends posting about her, seems shes just crazy
>>
>>10125223
share?
>>
>>10124645
Are people the desperate for a con?
>>
>>10122543
>The world ends at the end of March.
citation please
>>
So, what April events are there?
>>
>>10125396
Mcm panic
>>
>>10125380
Hibana? Who the fuck designs websites like that these days? It looks like something I did when I was 11
>>
>>10125422
and yet still better than last year - hardly instills you with confidence does it anon
>>
>>10125234
You can just google the cosplay page and read it there.
>>
>>10125457
what cosplay page? Is it cosplaykira or someone?
>>
I find it funny that most of the drama thats posted here is dog related drama
>>
The original post has been deleted now, anyone have any screenshots??
>>
>>10125475
Oddtogs
>>
>>10125485
Late to this but not screencapping drama is some real amateur hours shit /cgl/
>>
>>10125512
I have them will post later
>>
Seem like alcon is dieing a slow death
>>
>>10125561

It has been for years, Towers just refuses to acknowledge that.
>>
>>10125561
since when was alcon a thing to bring up? Not like anyone is going to it here.
>>
>>10125581
They cut a day off and only using one building also no longer 18 plus
>>
>>10125590
Yeah but Did you see any of the comments after the last one? The changes announced is what people were asking for, so I doubt it’s going to be the end. Like it or not they have actually listened to people so people will still go
>>
>>10125590
the real reason they doing it is due to next to no ticket sales and half the space and less days means them spending less money.
>>
>>10125561
is it though? they announced some new cons this year, surely they wouldnt expand if they had money problems
>>
>>10125672
The 3 day thing seems a sensible change.. I never understood why they did 4 days anyway - not like any other anime con does it and I personally wouldn't want to fork out for four nights of accommodation.
>>
>>10125724
4 nights for accommodation I think is fine, it’s just that you’d have to travel on the first day of the event or have a 5th night of accommodation.
>>
>>10125425
Were there many positive opinions last year? I only heard negative ones really, or people shrugging it off after the shit announcement at Kita (what has happened to them btw, officially dead now?)
>>
>>10126036
They can’t run this year at Warwick cos the building doesn’t exist for most of the cons needs. Don’t think work is due to finish till late 2020.
>>
>>10126036
I mean unless you got ripped off on buying some expensive dice you probably had a good time at Hibana based on general gullcensus
>>
No matter what you never use your autism as an excuse to grope someone. My friend has just told me that at Liverpool Comic Con some guy slapped her ass then blamed it on his autism and apparently security said its not their problem
>>
>>10126235
I heard it was the space being booked ahead of scheduel by others that meant the kita slot wasn't available and by the time it would be it was too late and rennovations would have started.

They wanted to do the 10 year anniversary hard, and could have found other venues in the time they had, but the decision not to do so meant that the majority of staff left.
>>
File: hmm.png (60 KB, 1134x270)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
Hmmm'st
>>
>>10126502
The whole Kita team seem to want to step back and have a few years off. I don't see them coming back till 2021 or something stupid
>>
>>10126593
How do you know that? Pretty sure kitacon said they were returning in 2020 anon?
>>
>>10126593
Its quite far fetched however I get where you are coming from there hasn't been any movement at all
>>
>>10126593
>>10126601
We'll just have to see I'm wondering was happening with Amecon too considering the whole breakdown on stage thing wasn't pretty
>>
If Ame really wanted something to happen, they'd make it happen. It's not as though Warwick is the only venue on this shitty island. If they could run at the Brittania and run the risk of killing the attendees then they could settle to downsize and try a different hotel or uni.
I just wish either Kita or Ame would make some noise that something is going on. I'm sure most of the community are willing to slum it until Warwick returns instead of having nothing for potentially two years.
>>
Both Ame and Kita lost most of their staff, and they were all part of the older generation who were winding down anyway.
You'd have to hope the remaining staff can build a working committee from the people they trust, or their gophers (which would be terrifying).

We might see one of them in 2020 but not both, and coming back is unlikely after when there has been near radio silence for this long.
>>
>>10126601
Beacause most of them literally stood down at ame in the closing ceremony and the work being done at Warwick isn’t fininished until autumn 2020.

>>10126502
Renovations started the week after ame. Warwicks website says stage 2 is starting in Easter with the destruction of the cinema/art centre. The project is even called 20:20 so it’s not due to complete until then.
>>
>>10126662
breakdown on stage?
>>
>feeling so much regret for not going to amecon and kitacon these past 3 years...
>>
>>10126487
The security were appalling. The only thjng they actually confronted people about was sitting in front of fire exits. They didn’t care about safety...
>>
>>10126728
Feedback panel. One of them cried.
>>
>>10126899
Over what, and how did the audience react?
>>
>>10126900
Towards the end. Think it was regarding social media and emails. One guy said he had to step back for a bit due to personal attacks and another mentioned the usual real jobs, can’t respond immediately as they are at work etc then got a bit teary. It was towards the end, panel finished about 5 mins later anyway due to time slot. No one commented directly but here a couple of people said if you can’t handle the stresses of whatever it was maybe they shouldn’t be doing it anyway.
>>
>>10126902

I'm annoyed I didn't go to it after attending most other feedback panels. I didn't see the point because they usually get all defensive about any -constructive- feedback I previously tried to give/trying to find reasoning behind specific choices and figured I'd be wasting my time. However the shit show that happened sounds like it would have been worth the popcorn.
>>
>>10126902
Not to be a bitch here, but maybe the lack of sympathy for those who volunteer their time is why most of Kita and ame threw in the towel? If they really wanted to run they could have just found another venue, Warwick University is hardly the only venue in the country
>>
>>10126909
Nah, it was fairly dull until that bit. Stuff about the venue building overrunning work affecting events, accommodation being so over demand to previous events they ran out and other issues which I forget. Likely registration delay. Then they opened floor to questions. That seemed to be mostly a rerun of accommodation or access for disabled people and registrations payment window. Probs the same sort of thing you’d seen before if you are a feedback panel veteran. It didn’t get shouty or defensive as the guy running it was extremely chilled. Too chilled desu. After a diff guy said about having to step back social media for a bit another member of the committee chipped in and came on stage. They then said about work life balance/mortgage/job and how they couldn’t respond as fast as people evidentially liked and welled up. Then things sorta wrapped up. A few people hung around the stage after and asked direct questions as the room was reset but I left to go change for the party.
>>
>>10126914
bb..but no stone circle to sit in.
>>
>>10126914

I think a lot of it was to do with the reception that Ame got at Keele. It was a sound location and a lot has improved in recent years. But the attendants were allergic to exercise and walking around between panel rooms, which could most likely be remedied once the construction finished. That's all I could find wrong with it and since then they haven't been back despite the fantastic photo ops and the committee setting up the use of Keele Hall exclusively for the attendants.

As a result they're all afraid of trying anything new. Warwick was highly praised and became prime real estate for cons to run at following Ayacon's demise. AmeChibi was clearly on a tight budget. Why do you think both Kita and Ame claimed it? At that point why even bother to differentiate between the two conventions since they had very little to separate them anymore.

It's frustrating to me because Ame should be fresh faced and ready to go after they got themselves into bother/being unable to run and Kita having to bail them out by running twice and AmeChibi being a smaller event, only for them to have to die back down again.

Cons should have A teams and B teams, so if one person fails to do the job they have someone to fall back on or they can lighten the load and share the weight of responsibilities - especially when it comes to replying to messages or social media. Maybe not for every position but enough that they don't burn out and turn into a mess in the face of criticism.
>>
>>10126922
So we now have a situation where committees are too fearful of how people will react to change?

Seems that people are just too demanding and selfish. I could see why people would chuck in volunteering their time and just not bother. How depressing
>>
>>10126922
I wouldn’t call it bail them out. Ame didn’t have a venue, kita ran twice. Ame did the same for aya in 06,07 and 08. They just agree not to run same years.

The window to run a summer con is over 6 weeks. If the venue is booked or another event like tokonatsu or an expo is around the same time you have to factor that in. Likewise what rooms are available at the venue. In the feedback panel the guy said they could have ran on a different weekend but have no onsite accommodation due to another conference on at the time. It’s not just a case of finding a suitable location.
>>
>>10126928

Pretty much! The issue with that is that things become stagnant, flowing water vs still water and all that shit. Attendants are just too entitled these days and often forget that these people aren't paid to put up with their bullshit. So if it keeps them happy and quiet they'll just keep doing what they've always done instead of trying to better themselves, for the sake of the cons lifespan and the attendees.

I believe in the notion of not fixing something if it isn't broken, but at the moment we have a huge car crash and no survivors, and a good opportunity for the cons to reinvent themselves, especially Kita with the handing over to a new chair who hopefully won't fuck it up.
>>
>>10126933
You messed up a perfect chance to banepost.
>>
>>10126928
Everyone knows that there is that bunch of loud vocal weebs that demend they be specially catered for.
But the staff also give way too much leeway and attention to the attendees that cause so much of the drama they can't really expect anything else.

And if you think the staff actually give a fuck about the attendees opinions on how to run the event, or what venue they should take, you're an idiot. They know they will sell tickets wherever they set up and no one will care after the event if they run it properly and make it fun.
>>
>>10127021
If they don't give a shit then why not run in a different venue? That one doesn't add up anon, they clearly give too much *of* a shit
>>
>>10127059
Because they couldn't get another venue that everyone agreed on (or that they could afford), after banking on warwick so hard.
What I'm saying is that the decision of what venue they choose is not affected by the attendees opinion, only their own and their funds.
>>
>>10127064
Ok So you're saying there is only one venue in the UK suitable to hold them?
>>
>>10127087
Finding a venue is pretty much the hardest part. Also because it's not a standard event because it's not a typical 'conference' nor a 'festival'.
>>
>>10127232
But there are plenty of universities out there who would love to host an event like that though....
>>
>>10127303
Who may not have the correct facilities, tech, accommodation needs, party rooms, onsite food, travel links, suitable vid rooms, event rooms and may just be too expensive to rent or insure.

Plus there are 6 weeks or so of summer and they may be insufficient accommodation. Or other events booked using some of the facilities at weekends available and again may be on at the same time as other anime related events

It is not just a case of choosing a central university and rolling with it.
>>
Dissing cgl
>>
>>10127568
Need to add on pricing for this too.
I know the kita staff spent weeks looking for other places that had all the options for space and ammenities, also had the licenses to allow the late parties till 3/4am each day, actually wanted a con after finding out what exactly what they were and what went down. Places rarely hit all of those to an acceptable level.
>>
>>10127087
For pricing, in a central enough location, with decent travel links.
Actually yeah there are very few that actually fit that, when you add in that most of these places will have events going on already, cons do struggle to find places everyone on the staff agrees to.
>>
>>10127632
They could have just run a smaller hotel con for a year? Not running till 2021 is just lazy. Will half their new and largely untested committee even be interested in running an event by then?
>>
>>10127637
What venue could they have used?
This sort of stuff was looked into, but the idea of doing the smaller easter con again was always on the table, but people wanted time off, so skip untill anniversary that ended up not happening.

And the new committee will be a gamble since they have nearly all of the positions to fill, they will have to start off on a small one likely or risk tanking it.
>>
>>10127637
They dont actually have to run. you get that right.
>>
>>10127694
They don't have to, but it is pretty shitty of them given that this could be time other groups could be looking at doing a summer con instead of relying on a group that likely won't bother in the end
>>
>>10127707
Then organised and run one then. Nothing will happen at Warwick till 2020 +
>>
>>10127710
It's considered professional courtesy to let other cons know that the venue will be available, and it means they also wont feel like they are taking away from kita.

People can give suggestions without having to step up and run a con, so don't need to be so defensive.
>>
>>10126900
At the feedback panel people complained about the poor communication on social media. Like the incident with all the servers going going during registration etc, social media should have been giving people constant updates on what was going on, reassuring worriers and keeping people informed. Turns out the reason there were no updates was because the person in charge of social media is a flake and got too stressed out to fucking post. She then promptly burst into tears at people saying she didn't do her job and ran off stage.

I actually get paid to shitpost on my company's social media profiles, and the most basic level of training is 'keeping people informed is the most important thing'. So it's clear they gave the job to someone who thought it was going to be an easy ego boost, not realising you need to work hard and have a thick skin. Nobody cares about your fucking feelings, only the content you post.
>>
>>10127717
Hibana domination when?

>>10127735
Shitposting and being paid? The legends are true.
>>
>>10127735
I had forgotten just how much of a fuck up that all was, I remembered it was bad but this has just reminded me of exactly how much of a clusterfuck it ended up as.
People forget attendees are needy and bitchy, if you can't handle daily drama you can't step up to run social media.
>>
>>10126036
Didn't hear anything bad about last Hibana, it's more of a con you go to with friends because it's a good hangout.
>>
File: ente.png (98 KB, 497x276)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>10127750
The social media side is the best part of my job. It's really satisfying when people DM you with a problem and you're able to help them.

When I'm looking after work experience students their faces light up when I get to how to run social media, because they think it's all going by glamorous selfie taking and being an influencer. It's not, corporate social media is as cynical and clinical as fuck. It's about pandering to your main market (yes, bushinesses can see your personal information and when you're checking our pages) and growing your followers for more exposure. It's about being relatable whilst maintaining a fake persona. The whole thing is hugely manipulative. The main commandments of corporate social media are:

>Post content often
>Use damage control ASAP
>If you can't damage control, at least respond so people think you're doing something
>Don't take things personally

The person running the Amecon social media fucked up on all four of them- I'm guessing she was like the work experience students that thought it would be sparkly fun instead trying to placate hundreds of angry customers at once. Yeah, it may be a fun job, but it's still a job and you still need to be a fucking professional. You don't get the luxuries you get for your personal accounts. You're the public face of an organisation and you need to be damn good at it.
>>
>>10128320

Most con social media folks do it so they become one of the known faces of the con and get to bask in the percieved popularity of having a few hundred weebs talk about how 'they totally know someone on thr committee'.
They tend to forget it actually involves shit loads of work, it's basically the same as answering endless emails only everyone can see what both sides say.

And 100% agree, they do not understand damage control
>>
Anyone go to Bournemouth comic Con this weekend?
>>
>>10128464
Did not even know it was on. Will google as that’s only an hour away.
>>
>>10128464
ye, was absolutely tiny and shit.
>>
>>10129138
looked at the website. A load of literally whos and a canceled game of thrones worst character snek. Were the traders interesting or a sea of funkos?
>>
>>10129318
traders weren't too bad, but their werent enough stands for it to be interesting. i was pleasantly surprised by the quality of cosplay in the contest for such a small con, was expecting absolute shit
>>
>>10122543
>cant search thread w uk or brit

Youre a real proper cunt m8
>>
>>10129426
Fucked it up by putting thread name as poster name. Soz
>>
This must be the plan to top the bank account up after Alcon empties it.
Looks like the north is no longer safe anons
>>
File: 1492388268633.jpg (42 KB, 437x501)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
I'd really like to cosplay but I'm not very good at crafting things and I'm poor. Even worse I have no friends to cosplay with. Anyone else in this boat?
>>
>>10130724
I think most people are desu. Don’t worry you’re not alone
>>
>>10130724
Welcome to 70% of this board.
>>
>>10130724

What neck of the woods are you from?
>>
Where do you anons get your materials and such for a cosplay? I have no idea where to even begin. I have 0 craftwork skill

>>10130823
London :( How about you?
>>
>>10130831
how hard is it to literally google?
>>
>>10130831
It would help to know what you actually intend to make.
>>
>>10130831
Honestly, most of us buy a cosplay or source the components online rather than making from scratch. There are a few people who make some crazy stuff from hand, but there's absolutely no shame in starting off small and giving whatever you're up for a go. It's a cartoon dress up hobby, it's supposed to be fun.

A whole lot of people are from the London-sphere too
>>
File: 1403905286388.gif (2 MB, 300x300)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>10130864
>most of us buy a cosplay
Whoa now.
>>
>>10130831
Definitely just start out with buying, and you can practise sewing/crafting alongside it!
>>
File: 1537648889427.jpg (11 KB, 318x313)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>Tfw no gf for an Okabe/ Kurisu Cosplay duo
It's not fair!
>>
>>10130831
>London

You are in such an easy location to meet fellow cosplayers, go to meets and just talk to folks.
>>
>>10130864
>>10130885
Ok thank you for the help anons I will probably buy something for my firstplay. I wanted to do a god of war thing but I dunno how pricey fur is so maybe I'll do something else
>>10130973
>meetups
Not a bad idea. Guess I'll have a look! Thanks anonymouse
>>
What is actually going on with sunnycons Liverpool dealers? I don't think anyone is actually going to be there.
>>
>>10131020
Guessing from all the hush hush that it’s going to shit. It’s gonna be a shit expansion and considering how many past attendees don’t wanna go back I can’t see them going anywhere else from here.
>>
File: 1552925342856.jpg (104 KB, 572x621)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>10131056
Ooooh go on anon, let's hear the gossip.
>>
>>10131063
Let's start with Michael Tuckwell's video where he pretty much implies Sunnycon are the only UK anime con shall we?
>>
>>10131063
They reduced dealer prices, they also seem to be ramping up social media advertisement for liverpool despite newcastle having earlier date so im guessing their tickets sales are bad.
Also the owner keeps making cringey "behind the weebs" videos which he keeps going on about brexit fucking up his business.
>>
>>10131144
>>10131263
Anything else? What makes it an expo? How many people actually attend?
>>
>>10131144
Ah yes, videos where he sits on his own and rambles absolute nonsense. Oh and let’s not forget his new Twitch channel. “Sunnycon plays” no, it’s just you playing a game by yourself. Starting to wonder if Sunnycon even has any other members of staff... would certainly explain the disorganisation.

There is nothing there that’s the biggest problem. One of the biggest complaints people have is that there’s nothing to do there, followed by staff being useless and not dealing with attendees threatening each other. It’s a shit show and I don’t know how it’s even still going.
>>
File: 1492354880917.gif (504 KB, 1080x1080)
504 KB
504 KB GIF
So then what are the actual good cons in the UK?
Is comic-con ok? t.noob
>>
>>10131343
>Actual cons?
No
>Decent events to do things with friends?
Toko
>Is expo good?
Expensive but fun with people
>>
>>10131343
None
>>
>>10131343
MCM London is nice
>>
>>10131343
So, for a start you have comic con’s around the country. They’re regular, and the number of them means you might not have to travel far. These are the busiest cons, so you’ll have a lot of attendees, but this can reach the point of being overbearing. I’d argue comic con’s the less comfy con. I personally enjoy it just to look around and spend time with friends. It’s not a write off but it kinda’ lacks the soul some smaller cons might have. If you’ve never taken a look before, I’d still go just to see what it’s like.

Then you’ve got the ‘main’ summer cons around the country that aren’t comic con. Usually the big fun one is Kita/Amecon, but you’ve picked an unlucky year where neither is running, they usually alternate on and off. Those cons are a measure smaller, comfier, and a lot more weebier than the bigger cons, I think it’s cute.

There are still other cons running, but I’m less informed about those, other anons might know some more. Tokonatsu is a fun weeb one I’m excited for, but it’s camping, and as a result can be a struggle, especially in the heat. While it’s good fun, it’s really not your usual con.

Then we’ve got hotel cons, which are a bit smaller again at maybe 200 or less attendee’s. By this point you’ve tipped the scale from a huge comic con with entire warehouses full of vendors and such with thousands of attendee’s, to a bunch of people that recognise each other and maybe a single room with a dozen or less small vendors. These kinda’ cons can be my favourite, though quality might vary depending on who’s running the event. I tried Hibanacon last year, and that was pretty good imo, though it didn’t seem to be for everyone.

So, the smaller it gets, the comfier it gets, though that’s not to say bigger can’t be enjoyable too. It’s down to what you want to do too, one con might be better if, say, you want to find collectibles and stuff, another if you want a drink with friends.
>>
>>10131444
If being shouted at by single mothers for not letting their toddler chew on your costume and being laughed at by kids in grey tracksuits is nice, you'd be correct.
>>
>>10131338
I believe Tuckwell just runs the show himself. I was crying when he was using a shitty spreadsheet to do his timetable, no one uses that even Hibanacon know to use Google drive cause how are the rest of the staff meant to help organise everything? They must get paid lots for doing absolutely nothing!
>>
>>10131456
Yeah using that just shows that he doesn’t actually consult anybody else with the timetable, which speaks for itself really. The more he shares the more stupid they look.
>>
>>10131456
Hibana is such a boomer con, all the committee guys are like dads and it's kinda wholesome
>>
>>10131447
> Usually the big fun one is Kita/Amecon, but you’ve picked an unlucky year where neither is running, they usually alternate on and off.

Year? It's been over a year already and no sign of them coming back yet. They said by 2020, but no actual guarantee and it will have been 3 years by then.
>>
>>10131848
Amecon was 7 months ago, not quite a year yet, that's right on Kita's part though

I don't want a life without the circle steps
>>
File: 1526951427668.jpg (62 KB, 517x496)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>10131454
Can't wait to go dressed as a literal child murderer and get called Daft Punk all con
>>
Never been to the afterparty at mcm london. Is it any good? I remember I got kicked out years ago because I was underage then just didn't really think about it after that
>>
Getting out of this fucking wheelchair if were being perfectly honest
>>
>>10131909
It's.. here and there. It's a busy and bustling one, so you won't have some totally dead room, but it's got it's issues. The Fox, the pub itself, becomes an Industrial Grade Sweatbox, Elite Gamer Edition. If you burn out 2 to 3 senses on spirits it's more bearable, plus they play the good dumb shit like Busted or Naruto.

There are a good number of absolute fuckboys too that won't respect your boundaries at all, it can get nervewracking at times. If you're a person that's bothered by that, maybe just stay aware of where peopld you know are.

The whole area around the pub is a chill temperature and still busy for conversation though. If nothing else, it's an interesting night.
>>
File: Rock lee.jpg (22 KB, 480x480)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>10131925
Is it at the Fox? I thought they changed it on acount of a stabbing last year? I might be way out of the loop though.
>They play Naruto? What.... The opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRn99oN1p_c
To be honest I don't even know if I'm going to go if there's gonna be loads of people like that. I'm pretty tism. Usually I would ask my friends but they're all gonna be at Uni and unable to make it I guess so I might just pass.

Sidenote: Holy hell after hearing that intro again I want to cosplay Rock lee!
>>
>>10131937
Why would they be at uni then u less they are unlicky enough to have exams in the last week of exam period, and right around the mcm weekend.
Only first years have stuff at that point and thats a 40% pass anyway.
>>
File: 4496522_200x130.gif (61 KB, 300x351)
61 KB
61 KB GIF
>>10131947
Anon are you on your phone?

Their unis are all at the other side of england I guess and they weren't into Mcm that much to pay for train tickets. I'm not at uni so I wouldn't know anything about dates to be honest anon.
>>
>>10131952
Yeah I am, but that is still not really a defence for that bad of a post :/

They might not have looked at the term dates yet, or it could be that Uni means they can not afford mcm.
>>
>>10131702
So is Hibana a good one then?
>>
>>10131909
I normally just chill out with my friends outside or chill at someone's hotel room. the pub is so overcrowded and boring (even though I know most of my friends go there)
>>
File: rsyKLfg.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
So the cosplay I want is barefoot. How can I get around this without it looking really dumb?
Also advice on applying the tattoos? I should just get someone to help me with it but I couldn't ask someone to dedicate like 4 hours to doing the tattoos on my chest and back.
>>
>>10132378
http://www.andsewingishalfthebattle.com/invisible-shoes/
>>
>>10132431
Hey thanks anon can't believe I didn't think of that.
>>
>>10132263
It's small and comfy and very much an old school anime con. I personally love it.
>>
So I'm gonna be cosplaying Tooru at MCM London this year and I made the rookie mistake of getting a tail that works by having 4 foil balloons inside of it and extends a good 3 feet or so behind me. Do yous think that'll be completely unworkable in the vendor area? Also, does anyone know any good ways to deflate foil balloons without breaking the fuckers?
>>
>>10133444
It's entirely doable
>>
>>10133444
And as for deflating, you're in for the long haul

This had been inflated since the 18th of August 2017

Enjoy your new life
>>
>>10133449
I'm glad it's not just my one whose tip goes flaccid every night. Taking it on the train will be FUN
>>
>>10133450
It sure is
>>
File: 1532378755933.png (448 KB, 846x900)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>10133445
I dunno why, but this picture make me laugh really hard. Thanks anon. I will forever avoid cosplays that have me carrying around lots of extra stuff.
>>
File: 7sow24.gif (242 KB, 475x300)
242 KB
242 KB GIF
>>10133497
Same anon, the fact that it's blurry makes it even funnier for some reason
>>
Post moar dragon tail
>>
Could anyone from Glasgow update me on the cosplay scene/events/etc? Any notable drama, maid cafe cringe, etc?
I lived there for some years but returned to my homecountry a year and such ago.
Can't say I miss the comm but I had some sort of fun observing how fkn awful it was, I brought home a fair amount of bullshit to tell my friends.
Thanks!
>>
File: IMG_20181104_212142.jpg (1.33 MB, 3120x4160)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>10134112
>>
>>10134417
L..lewd

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.