[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 85 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan will be temporarily down for maintenance from 7PM to 11PM EST.

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

If everyone could stop breaking /cgl/ board rule number 2 that would be great: "Don't bring community vendettas onto this board. Singling out individual cosplayers for the purposes of trolling them will not be tolerated."

Previous thread >>10038932
>Viencon 2019 bookings will open up Friday November 30th
>Yes Anon, Jaapcon is back!
>DCC took place and now we'll enter a long period of nothingness as far as conventions go
>€250 for a 1m tall Sailor Moon statue that's missing her clothes, why?!
>Jaarbeurs halls suck for photography
>Anon who quit cosplay still enjoys seeing so many cosplayers at Utrecht CS

The five next major events:
>Moshi Moshi Fair (December 15th & 16th, Amsterdam NH): A special Christmas edition of Moshi Moshi Fair which takes place simultaneously with the Sushi Festival Amsterdam
>JaapCon 2 (December 28th, Beverwijk NH): the sequel to a joke meetup.
>TomoFair (Januari 5th & th, Amsterdam NH): Dealers, some games, yadda yadda.
>Imagicon 4.0 (Januari 26th, Ede GL): Sci-Fi, geeks stuff, cosplay and what not.
>TomoFair Capelle a/d IJsel (Februari 23rd, guess where?): Still dealers, some games, yadda yadda.
Full list: https://dutchgulls.nl/en/agenda/

Links and advice:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST SITE-WIDE RULES AND WILL BE DELETED!
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ often only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and move on.
>Make sure to check if your bike lights are working, the Dutch police will be doing their annual large scale check soon.
>Our site with a store list, newcomers guide and more: https://dutchgulls.nl/
>Our Discord: https://discord.gg/QAYNyfY
>>
The five next major events sound really sad. I guess I will all see you in spring.
>>
>>10043997
I know Anon, it saddens me too especially after the last two years where it felt as if we had good content all year round. Nishicon moving to late May really left a large hole on the calendar.
>>
What kind of cons do you guys want to see?

I would like a Horror/Thriller themed con or a really campy Christmas themed con .
>>
>>10044003
This. Is there actually any explanation why Nishicon moved to May? To me, it seemed perfectly fine for it to be held in January/February.
>>
>>10043997
Imagicon used to be pretty okay right? I didn't even know they still existed desu
>>
There is also the mid winter fair in Archeon 7-8 december :)
>>
>>10044297
They had a stand at DCC right?
>>
>>10044292
Theaterhotel seems to have a really busy schedule. And with all the other cons we have (I'm not saying too many Tomo events, but too many Tomo events) it's hard to get a date at all I guess
>>
>>10044019
Horror con for sure. I'm sad it never got to be a thing.
>>
>>10044297
Imagicon's location is super cozy and has fancy decoration, I might actually go just for the fun of it (gasp!)
>>
>>10044297
From what I recall it used to be okay. I've never been there myself tho, but considering Ede is nearby and the lack of other cons I might as well give them a try.

>>10044342
Fun, at a convention?! This is an outrage!
>>
Anyone who has been to Imagicon before that can share some experiences? I might be interested to go
>>
>>10044348
Small, smelly, few visitors (last time only 300) and a lot of older comic book guys.
Location is ok and very well decorated. Not worth the time and money imho
>>
>>10044334
But why not Tomo and another con in the same month or even in the same weekend? That wouldn't be a problem I think? Most of the people want to attend a quality con?
>>
>>10044371
Nope. Most people like it cheap. Quality is not a prime motivator anymore.
>>
>>10044371
Sadly a lot of younger cosplayers are content with conventions such as Tomo. They are mostly on a budget and prefer quantity over quality. As long as they can do their Fortnite dances while wearing a bubblegum pink wig and some cheap school uniform they're happy. It's mostly the somewhat older and more serious/more skilled/etc cosplayers or people with actual standards in general who prefer Nishicon in that case.
>>
What happened to Dynamiccon? That was held around the beginning of the year as well right?
>>
>>10044423
Dynamiccon was shit.
>>
Tell me if I’m reaching, but it feels like whoever drew the nishi mascotte this year blatantly drew some shitty KDA akali color over.
I understand using the design to get your theme across, but it feels like a cheaper attempt than ex: using snk jackets on a mascotte
>>
>>10044454
Well thanks for the glorious answer
>>
>>10044505
It's always drawn by the same person. She doesn't trace, it's just not the most flattering style sometimes. She's slowly getting more blind too I believe. I think this one is at least a little better than some of the previous years.
>>
>>10044512
> She's slowly getting more blind too I believe
she's colorblind
>>
>>10044512

I know it’s not a color over, but indeed the style isn’t flattering. It really makes it look like the artist just took an akali picture, drew some more basic lineart and just added some new colors

>>10044518
That’s pretty impressive then
>>
So what happened with that deadpool book drama? Hype Creations got off easy
>>
>>10044540
Well the comments got disabled and it pretty much ended with that.
>>
>>10044540
They're not getting off easy. I heard from a DCC insider that there will definitely be consequences. I'm hoping it's only for the host though because the rest of HC is great. The volunteers are great. The competition is great. The owner of HC is a little less great but I can live with that because of the rest.
>>
>>10044540
Just because things moved out of the spotlight doesn't mean they're getting off easy. From what I know the book in question got added to the goodie bag last minute without anyone at HC having actually read it. They simply trusted their teammate on this which backfired and resulted in a few people getting upset about the contents of the book. HC is aware of this, released a quick statement about it and things will be discussed further internally where it belongs.
>>
>>10044512
I don't mean to be rude... But if someone is slowly turning more blind AND they're colourblind, why would you let them be in charge of your art?
>>
>>10044631
Let's not forget the people who are claiming that they tried to look for a HC member but couldn't find any of them backstage or at the stand. There was always someone at the stand and I heard even backstage until about half a hour after the competition.
>>
>>10045350
Because she's also one of the organizers of nishicon and they only have a few other volunteers that change every edition

>>10045352
I've had a couple of periods where I couldn't find a HC crewmember personally.
>>
>>10045364
>Because she's also one of the organizers of nishicon and they only have a few other volunteers that change every edition

I can kinda get that.. But surely there's someone that might be a better fit than her, even if it's just for a couple of bucks.
>>
>>10045378
It's probably pride desu.
>>
>>10044397
every public their own event right?

I've had some skilled cosplayers really look down on me for not being as skilled as them.
So what's the point if those nasty ppl go to nishi and I stick with chibi hangout or jaapcon?
>>
>>10045412
>I've had some skilled cosplayers really look down on me for not being as skilled as them

Look down on you like how exactly?
>>
DCC made a statement. Besides a just a oh no we are sorry they specificaly state that it means fuck all and they are going to continue working with the people that brought the book.
>>
>>10045457
I wouldn't be to quick to judge if I were you, anon. There is just a little bit of information. They're going to keep working with HC but I can only guess that at least the host will be fired.
>>
>>10045460
I hope the host gets fired. It's the least thing they can do.
>>
>>10045457
>>10045460
>>10045462
I want everyone fired. Volunteers included.
>>
>>10045457
Did we even read the same statement? DCC is publicly holding Hype Creations responsible for this minor fuck-up and expects them to set things straight. In the end all that happened was someone within HC decided on his own to hand out his poorly written book with jokes that were in poor taste. It’s hardly the end of the world and certainly no reason to break all ties with the entire team with.

Also here's a link to the statement by DCC to those interested: http://www.dutchcomiccon.com/nl/News/DCC18/Statement%20cosplay%20contest
>>
File: screenshot.png (221 KB, 950x766)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
HC posted a statement on their own page.
>>
>>10045460
>>10045462
I hope they will. The host is currently defending himself and is blaming everyone that they're bullies now. What an idiot. Admit you made a mistake by not realizing this book would be offensive to a lot of people, especially by giving it as a reward.

Way I see it he's just gonna continue hosting as Hype crew member and everyone will be like 'oh im sorry this happened it wont happen again' and no repercussions will be had.
>>
>>10045499
Where is he claiming everyone is a bully?
>>
Black ring their dcc video is out, opinions?
>>
File: 20181128_170539.jpg (251 KB, 720x838)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>10045499
>>10045503
The most terrible way to handle something, if you ask me.
>>
>>10045506
Terrible. Like always
>>
Edgy cringelord aka deadpool is fired. See their page.
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (31 KB, 501x181)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>10045466

Pretty sure this is enough right?
>>
File: antafullbaka.png (194 KB, 500x486)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>Minor community outcry takes place over some shitty book handed out at the Dutch Comic Con cosplay competition
>Both DCC and Hype Creations decide to take full responsibility and put an end to it in a professional manner
>The guy who wrote the book decides to throw oil onto the fire after things have been worked out
>mfw I'm watching this all take place
>>
What was in the book that was offensive?
>>
>>10045519

He is just ruining it for himself with his behavior after it.

I mean>>10045518
Is proof the community is filled with toxic whiteknighta and sjw but if he played the basic sorry card it would have blown over. All they want is to win even if it just an apology.
>>
>>10045525
That's why I don't understand why >>10045466
is being salty and demands the entirety of volunteers gone.
Then again, might just be a troll.
>>
Deadpool cosplayers once again proving they are the worst.
>>
>>10045534

True but also showing the community is toxic as fuck. They see something and jump right on it but next week crying why people are mean, toxic and jump to conclusions.
>>
I bet if he wrote that shit somewhere in the middle of the book no one would have noticed and this all wouldn't have happened
>>
>>10045552
Sooner or later someone would've noticed and still comment about it.
>>
I wonder if anyone actually notices that he is actually ridiculing Hitler? Poeple act as if he wrote there some pro nazi propoganda but he didn't. Sure it was a bit edgy what he wrote. But people are also over exaggerating this whole thing. Its more like a bad joke if anything.
>>
It's pretty much going to be like momokun, witch hunting is 'in' now. The cosplay blacklist dude just wasn't popular enough to get the job done.
>>
>>10045547
It was inappropriate either way and someone needed to be held accountable. It's not the first, nor last time that this host would fuck something up.

>>10045573
For sure, but the whole book was incredibly stupid choice as a reward for a competition in name of an organisation such as HC or DCC.
>>
>>10045531
Was trolling/being sarcastic. I like a great deal of them in actuality.
>>
>>10045350
I guess they don't SEE a problem with it
>>
>>10045764
Ahaha I see what you did there
>>
Honestly I read the book. I have no life. There is no offensive content except for the Hitler reference in the foreword.
>>
>>10046191
that;s the thing "except for". We can say he tried to joke about Hitler. I agree that he tried, but that doesn't make it less offensive. That and the innapropriate/annoying behaviour during the competitions and the vulgar remarks to underaged girls, is just one big pile of shit. Just the straw that broke the camels back.
>>
File: 20181129_124105.jpg (140 KB, 720x411)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Someone pinch me please. Did they? Is this for real a Tomocon ad????!!??
A Satan cat dressed up as Sinterklaas????? OMG
>>
>>10046191
Doesn't make up for the bad writing. How many days did it take you to read it and actually understand what he wrote down?
>>
>>10046215
It's so bad it's good, I can't wait for the first con to use Office 2000 wordart for their advertising!
>>
>>10046215
Wanna hear a joke? They used the same image last year, it’s the first result if you google ‘Sinterklaas kat’, so they didn’t even really try (not like they ever use images beyond result number 5 anyway...)
>>
Seeing as most people in the dutch community seem to hate anyone with a decent like base, I came up with a new discussion/question

What makes someone a likable cosplayer? I don't want any name droppings, just the characteristics of a likable cosplayer.

And another question. What makes you dislike a cosplayer?
>>
>>10046977
>What makes you like a cosplayer?
Them being a likable and decent human being, someone who won't hesitate to help others and remains down to earth no matter how popular they get.

>What makes you dislike a cosplayer?
Them behaving like an entitled stuck up diva bitch.
>>
>>10046977
To be fair it's a thing I've seen happening more and more. The moment a person gets a decent like base (honestly whether it's real or fake), a lot of people immediately jump on the hate-train and assumptions are being made, rumors are being spread and whatever not. And the worst thing is, is that they're often not even based on true facts or sources. Dutch coscom people are like sheep; following the other constantly.

But to answer your question and what >>10046980 said. I like a cosplayer who shows sincerity. I don't care whether they buy or make their cosplays, as long as they're ''real'' (which obviously you can't always guarantee online). I love cosplayers who are sociable and are open to helping others, regardless their skill.

I don't like cosplayers who think are entitled just because they got over a 1000 likes or something. Or cosplayers who call themselves ''the best'' or ''cosfamous'' or the ones that are clearly looking for attention and/or more likes. (kinda reminds me of those youtubers who start to do insane stuff just for views)
>>
>someone who won't hesitate to help others and remains down to earth no matter how popular they get.
As someone with a fairly large follower base, it's awful how everyone expects this of you, yet they do not realize how many messages and questions (sometimes absurd or undefined) you get. I ignore a lot of them and you're a bitch immediately.
I'm not a social person, it exhausts me a lot. So a lot of people immediately assume im 'too important' for them.
>>
>>10047104
Not to mention the creeps in people's inboxes sometimes. I'm thankfully spared from it mostly...but I've seen the things some people receive... oh dear.
>>
>>10047104
This. I love to help people but I have a day job too. Sometimes it's just gonna take me a while to type out the exact explanation and gather the references. I still do it because I think teaching others is an important part of being in the cosplay community, but people honestly expect you to be on-call 24/7. People need to learn that they can either google "how to worbla" themselves, or wait until I have time for them.
>>
>>10045364
Wasnt it also because she didnt want someone else to do it though?
I still honestly thing she traces or at least partially traces and adds the hair+face herself.
Because some art she sells as a standalone stand also looks oddly familiar.
>>
>>10047104
Just close your DMs. It's really that easy.
>>
>>10047228
I suppose that's just what happens when you're used to drawing a specific style, it just all looks the same way.
>>
The cosplay competition registrations for Animecon will open on December 15th at 8:00. Anyone here who plans on competing?
>>
>>10047583
Nope. Not worth the effort only to have to travel to another con a year later as a reward. I'll just be making pictures and hang outside like I did this year, that was quite fun.
>>
>>10047025
As a cosplayer for 10 years, I helped other cosplayers a lot, like making stuff for them but every single time they took it for granted. Some of them I used to be friends with, but since they got more followers/likes, they treated me like shit. Now I don't help any cosplayer than only little things.
>>
I'm planning to do a duo with my mom :)
>>
Ugh why do people feel the need to slut up the powerpuff girls.
>>
>>10047583
Originally I was planning to, but I haven't even bought tickets yet. So I'm not competing.
>>
So I just discovered guild games is something. Is it any fun or good?
>>
>>10048551
It's not.
>>
>>10048551
It's worse than Tomo
>>
>>10047583

Yes. At the end, it is the only competition where you are taken seriously. Participated a few times before, and will try this year again.
>>
>>10047583
I'm taking a break this year after participating for a few consecutive years. It's nice to not have to worry about it for a change!
>>
>>10048551
last time they had only 16 visitors.
>>
The oiled ass is turning into the oiled tits o god
>>
>>10049506
oh help
She also wanted a samus zero latex suit for 2019...
>>
>>10049506
>>10049511

Why are you all so obsessed with her?
>>
>>10049517
I was actually trying to figure out what her ig was again because i forgot her name. I just find it amusing.
>>
>>10049518
Seems legit
>>
>>10049517
Isnt that what she wants? i mean she is buying tits for fame
>>
>>10049528
That's a pretty weird and disrespectful assumption to make. Do you honestly believe all people's lives are centered around their cosplay-hobby?
>>
>>10049529
Can you blame people for assuming that when all u do is post pictures with your lips out though

im not saying above person is right, but i understand where the thoughts come from
>>
>>10049531
The thoughts probably come from an old-fashioned mindset, where people think it's normal to be disrespectful to anyone who has made the concious choice to show their more private parts. Even when they do it structurally, I don't think there's a good reason to be disrespectful and make unnecessary assuptions about their private lives.
>>
>>10049506
oh hell no
>>
>>10049518
It's @adiacosplay
>>
>>10049529
I'm not even the anon you're replying to but 2 threads ago I've posted the same thing. I have no idea how why or what made her into a thot because she used to go for cute characters instead.
>>
>>10049556
Also we don't need to post names too many threads have died because of it.
>>
>>10049591
It's not even her IRL name, chill.
>>
>>10049590
You're clearly not up to date, she still does "cute" cosplays, one or two semi-nude cosplays does not mean it's the only thing she cosplays or will cosplay.

Also, since when does it actually matter why someone makes a choise to do this? There's clearly demand for it, and it's everyone's own choice whether to follow her or look for it on whatever kind of social media. This is the reason why these threads get deleted a lot, there's no real reason for us to discuss cosplayer's decisions, it's not a community issue, it's their own issue.
>>
>>10049617
Someone's boobjob is not a community issue, and assuming it's only for fame for every cosplayer who does it is ignorant. Also, nobody said "how dare you make assumptions"; people just point out that it's disrespectful and unreasonable to make these assumptions. There's no need for them, and this is why threads keep getting deleted.
>>
>>10049629
This.

On another note, is anyone else outgrowing cons? Not feeling they're worth it anymore? Expensive dealer halls with little to do and realising that you're not doing much on such a day except hanging out with your friends in costume?

I am. It's gutted the little bit of motivation I had left to be honest. I'm still making costumes, but I just prefer doing off-con shoots these days.
>>
>>10049648
I will repeat myself. Nobody says you can't judge. Just do it in silence or in closed-off group chats, because this is how you're getting a thread deleted. Don't get offended by things which aren't said. You can judge but that doesn't mean it's not disrespectful or reasonable.
>>
Why can't a person take a boobjob because she doesn't likes her boobs? Ashley didn't even do it for the fame, she hated her almost non excisting boobs

No clue if Adia does it for fame or not, but it's best for herself and her image (oily butt and all), to answer that as she posted it as a Truth fact anyway on her instagram
>>
>>10049645

I feel the same. I do enjoy cosplaying and events but not as much as I did years ago where I felt I had to attend at least every convention once in my life.

This year was a absolute no-so-fun cosplay/convention year for me. However DCC winter was enjoyable for me due good friends.
>>
Can anyone enlighten me why she had to make it oily? Is 2b's ass oily in the game or something? It looked so weird.

>>
File: maxresdefau1t.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>10049731
>>
>>10049734
Thank you, that explains it a bit. Still looked weird though.
>>
>>10049734
I've played the game and never had her ass shine like this. Even so, highlighter would've been an overall more flattering choice to emulate this look.
>>
>>10049752
it's a mod either way
>>
>>10049752
>>10049757
Nah, it shines like that after you get stand in water.
>>
>>10049645
>On another note, is anyone else outgrowing cons? Not feeling they're worth it anymore? Expensive dealer halls with little to do and realising that you're not doing much on such a day except hanging out with your friends in costume?
Yeah, my interest in visiting conventions has declined as well. I can't say I'm surprised considering I've been visiting conventions for roughly 10 years now. I've pretty much seen all there is to see and done all there is to do at this point. It also doesn't help that I barely keep up with with anime any more and that most of my old con-people stopped going by now.
>>
>>10049793
Dus eh... Kom je ook naar Viencon?
But honestly yes, the dealerrooms have lots of the same stuff and bootleg, the events are becoming a massive commercial milkfarm. I think thats why Viencon appeals to mostly cosplay veteran groups. They have the money (usually more mature and have a job), and many are tired of the typical mass production events. Just hanging out with friends in cosplay.
>>
>>10050047
Exactly this. I mean we all used to be like the kids we dislike now, who are hyperactive on cons, but damn they make me tired of going. Viencon was the one place it had less of that. 5/7 would viencon again
>>
>>10050047
Oh god the dealerrooms are the worst. It's just the same shit every stand. And as I don't really keep up with anime and manga anymore either, I end up buying nothing. The only stands I like going to are the Gunpla stands. And even then I rarely buy anything.
Animecon is the exception as a con for now, because it offers more than just a dealer hall, and loads of workshops/lectures. Viencon I'd like to experience as well one day, and I considered going this year, but I highly doubt I'll be able to go.
>>
>>10050103
>And as I don't really keep up with anime and manga anymore either, I end up buying nothing.

which is why tomo caters towards youngsters.
the fact is that you can only build your collection once, and since most veterans don't buy anything, conventions don't cater to them.
>>
So what do you all think of Animecon's VIP tickets?
>>
>>10050194
Lineskip is worth it.
>>
>>10050194
>Weekend ticket, VIP-badge and T-shirt, water bottle, wristbands, the code for a medium locker (skip the Bag Room queue) and discount coupons from various sponsors.
All things considered it's really not worth the €120, especially not with a weekend ticket and a locker costing around €80. Sure line-skip is nice, but it's also hardly neccesary if you plan ahead and all that remains is useless tat and "free" discount coupons. At least it's a fair deal (read: not yet neccesary), so good on those buying it and supporting Animecon this way.

Now what I'm wondering is when Animecon will release the promised list of hotels that will have a shuttle bus service to and from Ahoy. Gotta make that booking!
>>
>>10050194
Meh might be worth it once the hotel is build, but as I don't have a car and have to travel back and forth to the hotel, waiting in line seems like not much of a hassle. I would buy an abunai vip ticket to skip the line and if it comes with a guaranteed hotel room. I heard contestants do get in earlier? Or is it for those who have a panel as well?
>>
>>10050249
You only have to wait in line once to fetch your lanyard anyway. That line is long as fuck at opening, but if you hear to the con a bit later the line is only 15 minutes anyway and it's not as if you really miss anything.
>>
>>10050274
Yeah that's usually what I do, pick it up friday at like 4-5 and I've never have to wait for anything. I will get that locker though, I never realised how useful that might be.
>>
>>10050274
Thing is whenever I miss an event I wanted to go to, I feel crappy afterwards. And some start close to opening hours so there is no way to look decent-ish, dump your stuff and get there in time. I'm like a headless chicken running around.
>>
>>10050249
>I would buy an abunai vip ticket to skip the line and if it comes with a guaranteed hotel room.
>Abunai's collective face when they read this
All jokes aside, Abunai could probably pull this off with ease. Just throw in a few goodies, charge a premium price and keep the quantity of VIP tickets limited to prevent pissing off your their visitors and you're set.
>>
>>10050305
I hope so, I mean there will always be people who find the whole pay to win thing unfair, but there's always the question is it worth it? And for me not going to many conventions anymore I can afford to pay extra for things I really want.
>>
Anyone hear anything about a new DUH hosted photoshoot? I saw some fb post coming by about the dude looking at locations. Last time I missed it, but it looked like something I wanna participate in.
>>
>>10050693
What's DUH?
>>
>>10050305
Don't worry, Abunai will find a way to fuck it up.
>>
>>10050693
It's personal invitation only unfortunately, but I guess you can join the duh cosplay facebook group if you haven't already.
>>
>>10050730
What does it even stand for lol
>>
>>10050742
It stands for duh, duh!
>>
>>10050730
Elite af
>>
>>10044423
Dynamiccon announced that they would organise smaller events instead of one convention. But after that announcement, it became really silent.
>>
>>10050776
Elite af maybe, but I still want to be part of it
>>
>>10051150
ok well have fun with your elite group
>>
>>10051150
The group is open to all of I am not mistaken
>>
>>10051190
That will be no problem whatsoever!
>>
>>10050776
i hate elite groups. they can suck my dick
>>
>>10051906
Everyone hates the elite group they aren’t a part of.
>>
>>10051906
If you spent your time improving your costumes instead of being salty on the internet, perhaps you'd get an invite too
>>
>>10052309
Jokes on you I'm in it but the people are absolutely terrible lol
>>
>>10052446
Kek, I genuinely don’t think you spent more than 15 minutes talking with anyone. Most of the groep is and are pretty great Some exceptions ofcourse but DUHguy tries his best to keep it a friendly bunch.
>>
>>10052446
Jokes on you, you are one of these terrible people
>>
Slow thread is slow. No drama to fuel the thread so we can start talking about nice things. What are we all working on?
>>
>>10053091
Got plenty of new cosplay plans for 2019 i'm looking forward too. Not going to post stuff anymore on the thread though because nobody fucking cares.
>>
>>10053091
Getting my shit back together.
But costume wise, I still have 6 unfinished costumes laying around that are about 80% done not even counting all the others I have materials for. Promised myself last year to stop being a workaholic but that didn't work out.
>>
>>10053096
Well aren't you a party pooper. Got a couple of costumes I am working on but am being held back financially. Big dreams require big wallets :(
>>
File: IMG_20181210_135758.jpg (437 KB, 1080x1755)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
Well they opened sign-ups for this year for everyone so y'all complaining about elitism can get out. Curious to see which photographers will sign up and get picked and maybe then ill sign up as cosplayer too.
>>
>>10053109
So... What exactly is so special about this whole ''event''? I literally don't see a difference between this and just holding a normal, regular shoot.
>>
>>10053158
Not much, but you get an opportunity to shoot with multiple cool photographers and locations and experience them without having to arrange it yourself, especially if you don't do that often/haven't experienced many off-con shoots. Like a really tiny tiny pixelmania.
>>
>>10053161
>>10053158
Sounds a bit like pixelmania: free edition.

>>10053096
Same anon. Though the amount of plans I have are about the same as usual. 2 or 3 max, and maybe one or two will actually be realised.
>>
>>10053161
Looking at the CosplayNL post and the people that are signing up I wouldn't necessarily call them "cool photographers". It's just the same basic group of people always, imho. Might just be me, but regarding Dutch photographers I got the feeling I kinda seen it all already.
>>
>>10053222
>Sounds a bit like pixelmania: free edition.

But.. Pixelmania is free already?
>>
>>10053733
You still have to pay for travel and hotel though? Tbh that's out of budget for me already although it looks really awesome.

>>10053708
True that. I've seen a lot of works though but haven't worked with a large part of them.
>>
>>10053733
oh
>>
>>10053733
Nope, Pixelmania isn't free. They charge a admission fee. not much though 10 euros :)
>>
>>10053748

Travel to Pixelmania and accomadation will most likely cost you less than any random convention with hotel in the Netherlands.

Travel: just go by car
Hotels in poland are cheap and you can also choose to sleep at the base location. You only need to bring your own sleeping stuff.
You get breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The only real hurdle for Pixelmania is getting accepted.
>>
>>10053764
Still cheaper than a lot of Dutch conventions/events though. 10 euros is nothing for what you get: a place to sleep and food 3 times per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner + barbeque at Saturday night and drinks).
>>
>>10053767
>The only real hurdle for Pixelmania is getting accepted.

I love seeing people try
>>
>>10053851
Seeing that Bhiner X Cosplay sent them costumes it seems like you don't even need to be a good cosplayer.
>>
>>10053838
Agree, I'm kinda annoyed by people complaining on how expensive it it without actually doing any research. It's all listed on their website. If they took 5 minutes to read it and google a bit for travel plans and maybe hotel they will see it's much cheaper than for example an animecon with a hotel.
>>
>>10053893
Lmao That's kinda bullshit. [[Most]] of the people at Pixelmania create their own stuff with a few exceptions. The guy organizing this does everything out of his own pocket. It's almost even free for the attenders. I think he done a great job on getting a couple of sponsors, including Bhiner. If you're judging sorely based on that, it basically says enough lol
>>
>>10053897
I don't know about you but I don't have a car and I can't just take the week off and go somewhere without losing a lot of money.
Hence why I hate these cons offering tickets and travel/hotel to other countries too as a cosplay contest prize.
>>
>>10054129
Well I mean it's called planning
>>
>>10054520
Doesn't work like that for my job but yeah in some cases probably.
>>
>>10054129
pixelmania is from friday till sunday, so just 1 day off?
But it's all your own choice to go somewhere or not, if you think it's not worth it just don't go?
>>
How can a butt be a completely different colour than the back of the same girl... The photoshop-force in this one is strong.
>>
>>10055490
care to elaborate?
>>
>>10055541

Wrong, you'll get this thread deleted because your contribution adds absolutely nothing to this thread.
>>
>>10055543

> contribution
> add nothing to this thread

pick one

>>10055512
I'm sure you can think of one cosplayer who has their butt hanging out ;)
>>
Adding to this thread the fact that there is more and more photoshop
>>
>>10055625
That 2B one?
>>
Here we go again. We all know who this is about. Let's just stop here.
>>
>>10055490
Why are you so obsessed with her butt anyways? Its a nice photo, she looks alright! Nobody cares about your vendetta against her.
>>
>>10055799
Mabye it's the photoshop what bothers them idk but its annoying
>>
>>10055490

I'm guessing she gets off from showing her butt since she lacks the boobs.

The Photoshop is done poorly since the butt area is a shiny, smooth mess and different color than her lower back but I guess that was probably needed to cover that rash.

wondering what the photographer did to her face though, she looks like 2b's cross dressing brother.
>>
>>10055848
Damn, the insecurity is big with this one
>>
>>10055848
Someone had too much salt
>>
>>10055848
Go get a job or something. You have way too much time on your hands.
>>
you know id believe it if it was maybe 2 defensive replies especially since no picture was posted to compare the criticism with. But hell you guys got nothing better to do? Reply highlighted some poor photoshop errors which are really obvious now they're pointed out and I wish I didn't see them now.
>>
>>10055874
Stop being a total tool, anon.
>>
>>10055878
grow a spine
>>
aw man now i lowered myself to your level of personal insults to anonymous posters instead of providing actual arguments
>>
>>10055655
So?
>>
>>10056098
He woke up and suddenly realised people have been photoshopping for the past 20 years. Now he thinks its a good idea to start the same discussion we already had a 1000 times.
>>
Animecon tickets go up in price in a few days... I still haven't bought mine. I need to save money for a convention within my industry, which is £40 for a single day...
>>
>>10056180
>Animecon tickets go up in price in a few days
Thanks for the reminder Anon. Now if only that damned winter depression could piss off so I can make up my mind on whether or not I’ll be going to spend €300 on a ticket and hotel.
>>
Important news to all people who like more `mature`anime en manga titles.

As of September 2018 a new law has been passed here in the Netherlands regarding sexually themed DRAWN pornography AND explicit contents, such as Ecchi Hentai Lolli and Shota...

It´s about aticle 240 and section A and B
The Dutch criminal law punishes "anyone who spreads, sells, openly exhibits, manufactures, imports, transports, exports, acquires, possesses, or accesses by means of an automated system or using a communication service an image (or data carrier containing an image) depicting sexual conduct, in which someone knowingly under the age of 18, is involved (or APPEARS to be involved)" with a prison sentence of up to 4 years or a fine in the fifth category (up to €82.000)

The Dutch Law can be found over here.
https://wetten.overheid.nl/BWBR0001854/2018-07-01#BoekTweede_TiteldeelXIV_Artikel240b

Please be aware of this law, because in Canada for example, they have arrested a guy for owning Nanoha )probably a doujinshi about Nanoha' and it might as well be possible here in the near future.
>>
>>10056223
/d/ and /h/ are that way degenerate --->
>>
No, I do not like Lolli stuff or Shota in that regard. However, I am not talking about the extreme sexually explicit stuff.

You can be arrested for having a manga with a SUGGESTION or APPEARING to be a minor, please read it carefully. I am just concerned that certain manga, that are suggestive, innuendo or ecchi CAN be targeted by this law. Because of certain indivividuals that might get offended over Ecchi or Magical girl stuff.

What about Shin-chan? I mean it's a minor showing his butthole, and he hits on teachers is that punishable by law?

Personally I do not like the idea that people consume drawn child pornography. I mean, it is a drawing and there are thousands of books with violence and sexual content, it doen't mean that you are in fact a murderer if you like reading Detective stories, right?
>>
>>10056234
still wrong board
And the law does not specify drawn. And that specific law hasn't changed in years, i compared it with 2016.
What the fuck are you doing,
>>
>>10056223
>>10056234
Again, wrong board. Also keep in mind that Dutch judges look at the circumstances of every case they tackle. No judge will send you to jail for watching an anime where two teenagers kiss or where a tit gets exposed in the mandatory beach episode. Shin-Chan showing his buttocks during his silly dance is exactly that, and certainly not a sexual act, not to mention it (originally) being a show for adults justifying its adult humour. Even Shinji jerking off to Asuka’s comatose body in End of Evangelion wouldn’t get you in any trouble as it’s barely shown and serves an actual purpose in the story by depicting his ever-growing mental problems.

In the end it’s simple, just don’t watch legit shota or loli content and you won’t have anything to worry about. Even if you do accidentally come across some questionable content you’ll be fine, it’s when you make a habit out if when you’ll get in trouble. Also if you’re still having doubts, try talking to a lawyer who actually understands the law as opposed to wildly speculating and calling yourself “Truth Factory”.
>>
Actually it does apply to drawings too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_drawn_pornography_depicting_minors

Please combine this with the law I just posted, and see for yourself.

It is a good point to find out where the line actually is. I am not so sure wether some Ecchi stuff such as Nanoha, Goblin Slayer, Highschool DxD, Foow wars etc. crosses that line or not. And I am not even speaking about Hentai in general. Also some ecchi figures might be interpreted as "minors" even though it is a fictional character.

Again, how it looks now it does seem that it CAN be applied to these examples.The terms that define the law are quite vague especially if you check the Dutch version of 240B Yourself.

But hey, if you guys think I am worried about nothing, fine by me. We'll see how this will turn out. This will be my last post, farewell
>>
>>10056298
Drawings of real minors. Like if you drew or created an image of a child actor taking dick- and it’s recognizable as that specific child- then that’s illegal. But fictional characters are not considered “minors” in the legal sense of the word.
>>
>>10056298
>Actually it does apply to drawings too
>The laws appear to only outlaw "Three-dimensional, realistic images representing a minor engaged in a sexually explicit conduct".
>In a 2010 case, after viewing the images in question, which were created on a computer, the court opined that the virtual child pornography images did not fall under criminal law.
>In January 2011 the law was expanded and non-realistic 3D images are now counted as child pornography.
Maybe you should read up on your proof as it clearly states this only applies to 3D pictures. Again, if you're worried that anime tiddies will get you send to jail go see a lawyer or call the "Juridisch Loket" to clear things up for you. But frankly, at this point you're only making yourself paranoid over nothing.
>>
bye lol
>>
>>10056191
I feel this way too deep. Especially as I don't really know where to stay in Rotterdam near Ahoy.
>>
>>10056348
There are some hotels like one metro stop away. I hope Animecon will post a list soon to make it even easier, but it's not very difficult to find something on your own.
>>
>>10056358
Not that Anon, but I recall Animecon stating they will run shuttle busses between Ahoy and several hotels because they weren't allowed to do run a night program if they didn't. It would be nice to finally see that list pop up somewhere so we can all book the right hotel.
>>
>>10056365
Oh right, I forgot about that!
>>
>>10056365
Yeah I'm hoping that they will post this soon. I'm not a party goer but the friend I travel with heads back to the hotel earlier than I like, so by having a bus service it's easier to do my own thing.
>>
>>10056348
>I feel this way too deep. Especially as I don't really know where to stay in Rotterdam near Ahoy.
Me neither and from what I see there are barely any hotels near Ahoy to begin with. At this point just the thought of having to deal with shuttle busses or renting a bike makes me tired, let alone asking around for someone to room with me.
>>
Guys c'mon, it's not that hard to do a quick Google search and find the closest hotel. We're not CosplayNL now are we?
>>
>>10056856
There's nothing within proper walking distance so you have to rely on the shuttles/OV so i'd like to know where these shuttles will go.
>>
>>10056856
>We're not CosplayNL now are we?
No, but apparently it is too hard to read what others just said about shuttle busses and the lack of hotels near the venue. Not everyone can rely on public transport, Ubers or ride a bike in cosplay.
>>
Just adding my two cents to the Animecon discussion; please all be careful near the location. Metrostation Zuidplein is not a place where you want to be seen standing out, even if you're in a small group.
>>
>>10056883
I'm used to city life and wanted to say you're overreacting. But then I realised something: thugs are everywhere and always look for easy targets and a significant portion of con-goers are exactly that. They come across as lost in the big city, insecure and some walking alone, flashing their fancy goods around or being piss drunk while wearing revealing clothes. I'm sure us gulls won't run into any troubles, but I can't say I feel the same for the average socially awkward con-goer.
>>
>>10056883
Think opposite, ghetto life has alot of anime fans. Anime events in Detroit are fine. Although everyone expects it to be bad. It actually pretty good in those areas. So yes, overreacting.
>>
>>10056883
>>10056926
>>10056970
I'm from around the area as well and I can honestly say it's not as bad as people make it seem to be. To be fair, The Hague could be pretty ''ghetto'' as well if you ask me.

Just a bunch of SJW's overreacting.
>>
anyone planning a visit to Imagicon?
>>
>>10056926
Lol as if gulls are any different. That neighbourhood is a nightmare for anybody that's not from there.
>>
So the DCC early bird tickets are out. That's 30 euro for a weekend ticket i.e. saterday and sunday 10am-5/6pm.
So that's 30 euro for 15 hours of con.

When I think about it, that's pretty expensive for a expo where you just buy merch
>>
>>10059176
I got groped in my lil' hometown and I know plenty of villages where crimes also happen. Also a ton of drug use, it's dangerous anywhere.
I heard plently of weird rumours about animecon from almelo and the hague. abunai also.
always take care at every con.
>>
>>10059226
''That neighbourhood'' isn't much different from any other city neighbourhood lol.
>>
>>10059240
And you aren't posting the rumours? This thread needs some new life blown into it.
I agree though, you need to take care wherever you go. Travelling in groups is always safer.
>>
>>10059341
I mean its the usual comatose drinking, drug use and sexual abuse rumors

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.