[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 77 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan will be temporarily down for maintenance from 7PM to 11PM EST.

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: 565545773472243.png (811 KB, 560x560)
811 KB
811 KB PNG
Last thread is saging >>10023356

ILD is nearly upon us! What's your comm planning?
>>
>>10041438
So far, absolutely nothing
>>
Second for glad I'm not in a comm
>>
An unbelievably horrible ita literally just joined my comm an hour ago, and she's already posted an album of fucking ridiculously bad pics of herself in a dress that looks like her grandma's sofa, and apparently she lives in just a crack house based on how the backgrounds look
And she's already signed up for the Christmas meet
So that's fucking great
>>
>>10041438
Nice picture! Glad to see real lolita coats instead of shitty north face and other normie shit thrown over a coord
>>
File: help me.png (217 KB, 401x285)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
I've been wearing lolita for a couple years but I never had the balls to go to a meetup. I don't know what to say when I walk up to the rest of the group, what if no one talks to me, what if I have to sit alone the whole time, etc. I just moved to a new city and I really want to get over myself and join the comm here. Any advice, gulls?
>>
>>10041533
You have to have some social skills in general but I've found that people are generally pretty friendly and down to talk if you initiate.

If people flat out ignore you then your comm sucks and you're probably better off without
>>
>>10041533
Introduce yourself and connect with them on FB first; it really depends on the comm but in mine I can safely tell you that newcomers who are actual lolitas are welcomed with open arms, but we have some problems with itas so again, depends on the comm.
When you get to the actual meetup, try striking up some conversations - The fashion is what we have in common so breaking the ice is super easy, you have plenty of things to ask and talk about just to make that initial connection. If your local comm is super tight knit and you feel like you don't fit in at all, then just accept that you just don't click with them and move on; it'll be sad but you can't really force a connection with people who don't want it, if that makes sense. I do hope it doesn't happen to you though, and from my experience, many comms are quite welcoming so just be sure to be polite and friendly and you'll do just fine. You can do it, anon, I have faith in you.
>>
>>10041506
what's sad is the grandma's sofa dress was actually the better of the two she posted
>>
>>10041541
omg, right?
Did you see how she's just in like a fucking hoarder's basement?
>>
>>10041542
That plus her facial expression made me so uncomfortable
>>
>>10041546
Holy shit yes, like why the fuck is she purposefully doing that Ethan from H3H3 face?
Like she's already got enough eye bags for the whole class, but then she's adding earth worm neck into the mix, jfc

okay this is weird but I have to say, I don't know who's 'cool' in the comm yet, and it's really nice to talk to someone being real lol
>>
>>10041549
>>10041542
>>10041541
Post pics please
>>
File: oh it gets worse.png (349 KB, 516x652)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>10041550
This is the album cover
>>
>>10041551
>To play with
>Those expressions
Is this a sissy or just in poor taste?
>>
>>10041553
Yeah I'm not completely sure, but their profile had something with "neko kitty hippy burnout girl" in it, so I'm guessing at the very least, there's some foul sex in the mix here

Also I'm just noticing that she's wearing a bdsm collar in the first pic
>>
Would you attend in workshop meet that could be a bit dirty if you're not careful? I have my own workshop with heavy machinery and I've been thinking of having meet here where I would make the most dirty parts beforehand and the comm would do the "finishing touches".

For an example enamel pins (I won't say what I'm really doing). I would do the metal parts with few different designs and in the meet everyone could colour them for their own liking. It would take some time after the meet they could come to pick theirs up.
>>
>>10041556
is it though? looks like the same hippy-esque necklace she's wearing in the other pics.

Also, collars have been part of different subcultures (punks, goths, etc) and aren't always worn for a fetish reason. Not sticking up for her, just a long time collar wearer and getting sick of it being related to bdsm only.
>>
>>10041551
How can anyone take a pic where they obviously create a double chin for themselves.
>>
>>10041568
Sounds like the kind of thing you have to really know your comm in order to pull off successfully. You don't want a bunch of teen weebs you barely know poking about.
If you know them well enough to do it, just ask them personally what they think
>>
>>10041588
Well, sometimes bad pics happen, but whether or not you upload it is a different thing all together. I'd never upload that... lol
>>
>>10041568
My comm has craft meets once in a while. It's understood that it's okay to show up in Normy clothes, some still do wear Lolita but bring an apron. People seem to like them, we usually make accessories.
>>
>>10041568
My only concern would be having people I don't know around heavy machinery. Like, it's good not to underestimate how dumb people can be. I might unplug the machines in case someone leans on them or something.

Also, it's weird to bring three people with you to a meet, right? One I get, some people are nervous. Three and it seems like you should just go hang out with your friends.
>>
SF comm is super embarrassing. Y'all get worked up over someone calling out your smelly ass city and resort to bullying and shit flinging. As if NY and Chicago are like walking in a field full of roses
>>
>>10042351
Sorry you got posted Chii, go be a disgusting ita elsewhere
>>
>>10042351
guess telling people to wash their nasty clothes is bullying now
>>
>>10042351
Like we said multiple times - while the city streets are disgusting, we don’t have any issues of our clothes smelling like urine and feces. This isn’t a city problem, this is a personal hygiene problem.
>>
>>10042351
SF just got the biggest drama monger from WA. Our condolences. Try to not let her tear you guys apart.
>>
File: 1520381074955.jpg (43 KB, 533x297)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>tfw no comm
>tfw only 2 people are even slightly active in your comm facebook
>tfw too scared to ask them if we could have a meet
I've searched everywhere for comms in nearby cities (even an hour away is fine) but there's nothing.
Why even bother?
>>
>>10042409

Don't worry, literally no one is on her side. Even the few people who thought SK was being too harsh changed their minds when they saw what CW had actually said. CW whined that she doesn't want to be part of the community because of "harassment" and "might go to the occasional brand party but that's all". If I had enough guts, I would tell her to not let the door hit her ass on the way out. But that probably wouldn't be necessary at this point. She's essentially shown herself the door, and KV will probably ban her if she says anything else offensive.
>>
>>10042426
which is hilarious considering CW would shittalk everybody behind their back and then pretend to be nice, and openly declared multiple times that she loved to 'cause drama'. what a fucking tool.
>>
>>10042355
I'm not even that girl but nice try. She wasn't rude to anyone in the SF comm thread. L*ura, L*na and S*af were quick to pounce on her on another girl's post about the incident. Good job getting that assmad over a rando using the word "stench"
>>
>>10042351

NY girl here. Thank you making me laugh anon.
>>
>>10042417
Same, anon, same. Everything close and decently sized is at least two hours away from me
>>
>>10042384
>This isn’t a city problem
The smog is so bad that it is akin to smoking 10 cigarettes in a day
>>
>>10042528
CW complained about 'urine and grime' specifically
>>
>>10042538
we talking about the person who was posted in the secrets thread right? they state city stench.
>>
>>10042538
She should eat and see if the smell goes away...
>>
>>10042573
Did you not see her first reply??

>Sorry if it sounds insulting but my dresses smell horrible and I’m thinking it might be because of the smells of grime and urine?
>>
>>10042426

For real this Anon is not joking. >>10042433
The first meet I went too that CW also attended she was straight up talking about how she wrote a bunch of BTB secrets about this girl. CW went on for while about it and being pretty nasty about it too.
>>
>>10041590
>>10042324
>>10042330
Thanks for opinions. Luckily my comm is rather small and there's no teen weebs so I think it would go well. I will ask them would they be interested.
>>
Can anyone tell me if there’s a comm in New Orleans area? I tried looking for one on fb but can’t seem to find anything. If so what’s it called and what’s the comm vibe like there?I’m heading out that way for a bit come spring and I’d love to meet some others during my stay.
>>
>>10041551
....autism?
>>
>>10042770
Here anon, no idea why the OPs have been slacking on including this lately https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evXegSoFbfEXn8o0joeA-KFvolNKPKllgvaYqNgvOiw/htmlview#gid=1

Its the local comms spreadsheet with links to their chosen social media site. NOLA Rufflebutts seems to be the name of the New Orleans group currently. It makes sense you couldn't find it if you were searching Facebook with the term "lolita(s)" because they filter that shit now (and probably put you on a watch list, who knows)
>>
>>10042770
Come is a little dead since allot of the veteran members moved out of state or are busy. Other wise they are pretty chill when they meet up.
>>
>>10042587
I'm with the anons from NY - big cities smell and the people in them usually smell like the surroundings. I went to SF to visit and the smell was awful and I say that as someone who can't smell very well unless the stench is strong.
>>
>>10042791
>>10043286
Thank you both for the info!
>>
>>10043783

That's bullshit. I also visited SF from NY and didn't notice a "stench". And don't get me wrong, NY is still a gross place in certain areas but the smell doesn't "cling". Not unless you're in a bodega at 3am.
>>
>>10043783
Yeah, I visit SF once in a while for a few hours and never noticed any bad odor aside from BART and whenever I walk by homeless encampments. Do you literally go up against a steaming pile of shit and take a whiff anon?
>>
>>10043783
You’re fucking filthy and doing something gross to get those smells your clothes then. Walking through a city, no matter how dirty, should not have your clothes smelling like shit lol
>>
>>10043954
Why are you so mad, L. Your city reeks, end of discussion
>>
>>10043954
I don't live in a big smelly city where bums can grab at my brand if I walk down the street. Enjoy your shitty living conditions.
>>
>>10043836
>from NY
Well of course you couldn't smell it, you are immune

>>10043845
Yeah you are proving my point. The homeless are everywhere there so you always get a whiff of piss coming off some drunk guy. I'm never going back there.
>>
Another thread lost to bait and stupidity.
tl;dr wash your dresses and move to a cleaner city.
>>
>your city stinks!
>no, your city stinks!
Okay, let's agree that BOTH of your cities stink.
Anyone doing anything for NY with their comm?
>>
>>10044599
I know I should be annoyed but I can't keep laughing because anons are getting salty over a stinking city

>>
>>10044668
*stop
>>
>>10043783
>>10043954
I'm from LA and your city reeks. Not sorry bout that one. Smells shouldn't permeate onto the clothes. You sound nasty.
>>
>>10043845
Yes, we all go up to steaming piles and take a whiff. We do it all the time, every day.
>>
Cities stink. SF stinks. NYC stinks. London stinks. Paris REALLY stinks. Get over it.
>>
>>10045083
Yes they stink, but does the stench linger on clothing? That has to be a personal hygiene issue.
>>
>>10044617

Yep, Nutcracker themed meet.
>>
>>10045083
>Paris REALLY stinks

nah bro, that's cause everyone uses diesel fuel
>>
>>10045083
I've lived in NYC the past few years and I've never had a problem with my clothes stinking. I used to live in a very small town, where I also didn't have clothes-stinking issues.
>>
>>10045182

What original humor. Will you be here all week?
>>
>>10045087
>That has to be a personal hygiene issue.
I only visited, but when I did, my experience there was that most people smelled bad and the air was not good. I never said it was in my clothes. The fact that people need to try and draw a distinction is silly because the place does fucking reek, all over, and it's mostly due to the smelly fuckers that live there. There is literally a fecal problem in SF and people are trying to act like it won't get on your clothes? Are you fucking joking?
>>
>>10045246
oh, yeah, come here and self-post to defend your extremely bad move. that'll work out well
>>
>>10045295
Honestly, I'm with her on this one. People are way too sensitive when it comes to the place in which they live. I will never understand why it is a source of pride for some.
>>
>>10045299
I'm not from SF, so I don't really care one way or the other who stinks or why, but I've rarely seen someone this aggressively committed to carpetbombing their own social life immediately upon moving to a new place. It takes dedication.
>>
Okay look. No one who lives in SF thinks it doesn't stink. We all know that certain parts of the city smell bad, and personally I joke about it all the time. The issue is that 1) most people don't have a problem with the smell being retained in our clothes in a way that couldn't be solved by normal cleaning and 2) the girl decided to whine about "bullying" to rufflechat when she got reasonable answers. So yes, to the people who are posting about SF and it stinking- we're aware of this, it's not a big deal to say that SF smells bad. If the smell doesn't come out of your clothes it's probably your own BO.
>>
>>10045295
I did go there and I saw two lolitas at tea and crumpet. They complimented my coord.

This isn't about me though. Its about how the air condition's in SF are terrible and how there is an actual fecal matter problem in the city!

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/01/634626538/san-francisco-squalor-city-streets-strewn-with-trash-needles-and-human-feces
70 mil to clean literal shit off your streets. And you're lynching some girl cause she doesn't like the smell in her clothes due to the fucking filth in the air? You probably smell bad.
>>
>>10045477
I just read that and holy shit is that city is disgusting.
>>
>>10045348
And 3 people in the SF comm went full retard by bullying the girl on another comm member's FB status. Stop kissing each other's asses because you're too prideful over your shitty overpriced city. Literally no one is saying you personally stink so why are L, L and S still so defensive over this? You three are the only ones who care this much
>>
>>10046041
I don't care about that chick actually. I just wanted to talk about how I recently went to SF and found that it was true what the headlines are saying. There is literal filth in the air.
>>
>>10046045
Yeah I mean, there were wildfires. People lost their homes and lives.
>>
>>10046128
NTA but I visit SF for the AP tea party each year and my clothes end up smelling like I just got out of a musty club. But yea, wildfires
>>
>>10046039
Because those people have absolutely no chill and go full retard all the time especially S
>>
>>10041438
Is there a comm for NE England? I've just moved to Newcastle. The one in my home city was terrible so never bothered but will attempt to mingle if they're nice here.
>>
>>10046194
Where was your home city
>>
>>10046128
That was in socal far away from SF. I went there before all that happened too. I understand the smoke transferred and made it worse, but even when the smoke wasn't present, it was still pig fucking disgusting there with literally feces in the street. Like I can't stress enough how fucking nasty that is.
>>
>>10046272
Sorry anon, I thought you were talking about the fires most recently! They were actually north of us and pretty close, since a few people in this thread mentioned how bad the air quality was as if that was like, year round or something, but it's not normal. Although it was pretty scary when it was happening! And yeah, there is feces everywhere, idk, I guess you just kinda get used to it. Which sounds weird, but it just doesn't faze me anymore.

>>10046171
>>10046039
Yea I agree they took it too far! Like the inital thread was okay, but I don't think it was necessary to reply multiple times to her Rufflechat post. At the same time, though, she seems like a fucking brat and if this is what keeps her from coming to meets, I'm okay with it.
>>
>>10046198
I don't want to give the game away so SW England. Also tried the Manchester comm and that was terrible.
>>
>>10046342
>yeah, there is feces everywhere, idk, I guess you just kinda get used to it. Which sounds weird, but it just doesn't faze me anymore.
And this chick is getting reemed even though this fact exists?? Wild. SF comm sounds awful. Glad I didn't hang out with anyone while I was there. If they all have this typical cgl mindset to pile on while someone is down then fuck that.
>>
>>10042351
Chicago here. As long as you aren't rolling around in the L subway elevators or a dumpster somewhere, there's very little chance of smelling like that just because you're downtown. Maybe something like car exhaust or food but not piss and shit...
>>
>>10046041
The Chii defense squad shows us who's on the same social ineptitude level as her lmao. Thank god most of them don't go to meet/aren't even in the comm.

>>10046144
If your clothes smelled after attending an indoor tea party that says more about your personal hygiene if anything? Wash your clothes?
>>
>>10046344
If you think Manch is was terrible then please don't bother visiting NE comms, we like Manch and don't want prissy shits like you causing drama.
>>
>>10046344
>SW England
I'm on their fb and they seem dead/quiet rather than awful? What was so bad about them?
>>
>>10046272
>That was in socal far away from SF
>What is Paradise, California?
Anon, that fire was heavily covered in the news and is in norcal.
>>
>>10046921
I don’t think that anon has ever been to California, unfortunately. Why do people choose this board to larp on
>>
>>10046807
Also Chicago, also kinda shocked. I have never encountered random piles of human poop just laying around in any of my adventures around the city. Nor have I ever picked up any smells besides maybe food. SF sounds fucked up if that's true desu. Glad I don't live there.
>>
File: 231029_original.jpg (77 KB, 1200x900)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>10041438
We're having a meet-up next weekend at the Unicorn Dessert Bar that just opened downtown.
>>
Loling at the "smelly city" convos. I live in Paris and of course it smells like dog shit and cigarettes but no one I've interacted with besides the homeless have smelled bad. If your clothes smell like ass after you spend the day out and about its you, not the city. Sorry you're one of the fucks that never washes their brand ever.
>>
>>10046872
This was about 5-6 years ago now, the group has probably died now.
>>
>>10047134
Sounds really adorable.
>>
>>10047134
>tfw no local unicorn dessert bar
>>
>>10047165
Huh. Sorry to ask, but I remember I went on a trip to Paris last year during march, and I didn't notice any stench that was too bad? Are some times of the year just better than others, or am I just nose blind?
>>
>>10046344
Spill the beans
>>
>>10046921
Not what I'm hearing in the news. Again. I went before the fires happened.
>>
>>10047343

You’re a fucking dumbass lol.
>>
>>10047344
http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps
they were all over. I listen to podcasts from people who live in LA; it happened where they live too.
>>
Is it more about quality or quantity when it comes to ILD for you gulls?

My comm is having 2 ILD meets tomorrow because we’re are a larger comm with people who need cheaper options. everyone is pretty chill about double meet days because of it. 1 is pricier with a beautiful venue and amazing spread but not as many are coming. 2nd is much cheaper with more people attending but the venue is kind of gross and so is the menu.

I’m going to the cheaper of the 2 because need to be conservative about money for the holidays. but I’m tempted to save up in advance for the nicer one next year. I’m still kind of new to the fashion and I’m curious about on average what kind of meets end up being more worth it.
>>
>>10047483
I think its definitely about the quality. I will always opt to go to the fancy ILD meet, but last year I didn't get to buy my ticket in time before all the spots were sold out. Luckily someone organized a micro meet for people who couldn't go and we had a wonderful time. I think it's fine to have that kind of ILD meetup, but don't try to create the event page before or at the same time as the official big ILD meet. As in, don't try to compete with the big meet.

In your case it sounds like the cheap meet definitely competes hard with the nice one, since more people are coming. This might lead the organizers of actually good meets to not try so hard and give up, which would be a shame.
>>
>>10047483

What comm is this anon? Kinda sounds cool that there's more than one ILD meet going on that way guests can choose what they prefer.
>>
>>10047483
This sounds exactly like my comm, but there's also a third, more casual, later meet-up in the evening that doesn't conflict with the other two. I'm like you and I'm going to the cheaper daytime meet because budget.

Where you at, anon? US?
>>
>>10047483
Our comm is doing something similar. We've got a 2-part event. A museum visit followed by a fancy high tea at a nice venue. Museum is under 20, and the tea is about 55. You can do one or both, we'd all move together to the next event.
>>
>>10047483
Quality for sure. My money isnt unlimited so I cant afford to travel to the fancy events say like Paradiso or RC (RIP). But if its local to me, I'd be willing to spend $60-$200 for a nice meet

That said I think the most I've ever paid for a meet was just a fancy high tea that was $60-$90 I forget. But if anyone was to plan something extravagant, I'd be willing to spend the above budget on it

>I have nothing against those that would opt for a cheaper meet though. I completely understand.
>>
I feel really bad, my comm isn't doing ILD because we wanted to have a christmas meet, and I was taking time to plan it (it would have been the first meet i've planned) and i ended up with a job opportunity i cant say no to, and i start the same day as the meet ive been planning for the past month(ish). I'm going to continue planning it and help make sure it runs smooth from afar but i feel bad dipping out of a prior engagement. Apparently this job is going to be a big deal so i can't be too bummed my career is kicking off, but i really love meeting with my comm and wish i could go enjoy the holidays with them.
>>
>>10047637
Congrats on the job opportunity! I’m sure your comm understands and look forward in seeing you again when you’re all settled.
>>
Do any of you have experience with creating/cultivating a local comm? Is creating a Facebook page and hoping people find it the easiest way?
>>
>>10050281

Yeah, pretty much. You add your lolita friends first and if you get permission from mods, advertise in another nearby comm. Gotta have good interpersonal skills and know how to convince people to join your comm. Setting up interesting meets is a plus.
>>
>>10050281
Yup, what the other anon said. Advertising in other comma in your state/province/country may help. Also advertising in local anime con FB groups - I know that sounds like it may attract some itas but it is a potential place to advertise. I’d also say maybe see if you can post in RC or something, or just try posting about it in the lolita general thread too/this thread. If you have an anime con in the area you may even want to try to hosting a lolita 101 panel there to get the groups name out.
>>
>>10047483
ILD is for fancy meet. Every other meet throughout the year is casual. It only happens twice a year and I'll never understand how girls can't manage to save $50 in 6 months but have money for everything else. I'm so tired of the girls in my comm who don't understand how a luxury hobby works or how to save money who always want nice shit but don't wanna pay for it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.