[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/c/ - Anime/Cute

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 6 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Mei34.png (557 KB, 630x800)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
Thread the Twenty-Sixth!

Month of Mei Edition

Old Thread: >>3425665
>>
File: Mei33.jpg (45 KB, 544x674)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>
File: Mei40.jpg (316 KB, 1129x1200)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>
File: Mei120.png (1.23 MB, 1240x1753)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>
File: Mei106.jpg (295 KB, 724x1024)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>
File: Best Firefighter.jpg (137 KB, 900x900)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>3449596
I'm a big fan of the idea myself(Part of my hate for Reflections is that they had a golden opportunity to do EXACTLY that but didn't), but like you say the team is...forgetful.
Well we can always dream/talk about it I suppose, that works too. Works better imo, although that's part due to my opinions on the team.

Who do you think would go to visit the other though? It'd almost certainly be Lena visiting Hana I think, but stranger things have happened.
>>
File: TVa34.jpg (145 KB, 900x1101)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>3449609
I wouldn't even know where to start, since they're currently so disparate from each other, and–for all we've seen of her since–we haven't caught up with Lena in the present for over two years now. Circumstance would have to force them into each other's proximity.

I know: they both get lost in the woods, wake up in Narnia and have brunch with Aslan or something. What? As long as we're fantasizing, we might as well go all the way.
>>
File: You had one job Jeff.png (389 KB, 650x434)
389 KB
389 KB PNG
>>3449633
I dunno, I always think it wouldn't have needed to be so drastic as for circumstances of the un/fortunate sort to force them together, could have just had Hana be part of some live gaming tournament to celebrate the Omnics being beaten back for the holidays, and Lena being a human being and all, goes to see it in person to relax. Hana sees THE Tracer in the audience, talks to her after the show, one thing leads to another, one kiss/show of interest towards Hana on Lena's part later, and off they go to meet Winston for Christmas. Bonus points if Lena being the charming disaster that she is, convinces Fareeha to come(If her father would want to) too(Although that assumes Lena would have met her at some point).

You see now you've made me imagine Winston dressed as Aslan, and that's far funnier than it should be. You'd need to bribe him with a state's worth of peanut butter though....
>>
File: Pharah59.jpg (593 KB, 1000x1000)
593 KB
593 KB JPG
>>3449650
The circumstances wouldn't have to be dire, but I feel like they wouldn't be in the same place unless it was for something important. But we're basically just workshopping our fanfiction right now, so why not? After hours of wassail and singing, they start opening up to each other about their personal issues, and comfort and catharsis ensue as they come to see one another–some for the first time–as people and friends rather than as heroes or colleagues.

Winston adorned with a big, majestic lion's mane; it catches the wind and wafts majestically in the ocean breeze. Glints of sunlight reflect and dance along its proud contours.
>>
File: Atlantic Angel.png (816 KB, 764x1046)
816 KB
816 KB PNG
>>3449840
I'd argue that taking time to relax and just be, well, human is just as important as anything else, all work and no play will get them killed sooner than Talon's bullets. Was why my idea was rewriting Reflections(Also because I object to Blizzard's obsession with manufacturing new characters to fill a hole -the hole Lena's home life- when there are perfectly good characters sitting there gathering dust.) since they weren't doing anything important for the war anyway.
Of course we can’t forget the bonding over vidya and movies(Even Hero of My Storm, much to Hana’s embarrassment). Naturally Lena would be second best until a drunk Winston cleans house and beats everyone of course...then forgets in the morning.

Speaking of Vidya, may everyone’s lootboxes be filled with Legendaries(Or Epics, if there are any of them that you like).

Winston would NOT be amused, everyone else would be though.
>>
File: 1554662243420.jpg (1.49 MB, 2330x3047)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>
File: Symmetra19.jpg (152 KB, 540x654)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>
File: Brigitte20.jpg (555 KB, 1352x1000)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
>>
File: DVa08.jpg (445 KB, 745x1024)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
>>
File: Pharmercy21.jpg (55 KB, 1090x735)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>
I love Moira
>>
Ahahaha OWL did it again, time to become a Healnotreallydom because I'm nowhere slutty enough to Healslut and if I have to try and DPS only to have to fill because of 5 DPS teams anyway I will invent a way to weaponize salt.

But how are your guys experiences with Anniversary going?

>>3451813
Not really my cup of tea honestly, but I'm glad you like her anon.
>>
File: Tracer59.jpg (106 KB, 894x894)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>3451813
>>3451928
I love how we can all come together to show love for our waifus.

I've been a complete mental deadzone lately (work has been nuts), so I apologize for my silence. I'll resume our discussion later this evening when I'm hopefully feeling relieved by the weekend.
>>
>>3452184
Don't worry about it anon, I'd rather you feel better than listen to my bitching about what they -should- have done with Hana(Who is getting nerfed again. Because of OWL....again. Defence Matrix is going to be 1/3rd worse now).
Have some fun with the workshop I'd say, most of the gamemodes are great, although not giving XP unless it's an 'arcade featured' mode was an, admittedly understandable, smol brain moment.
>>
File: Ccp3s1WWIAE6VC9.jpg (122 KB, 600x852)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>3452198
....and I forgot my image. Seems the only smol brain here is me.
>>
>>3452184
I’ve been in a mental dead zone for the last two years. Hope you feel better soon anon
>>
File: Happy Anniversary03.jpg (378 KB, 1000x800)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
Alright, I'm back.

>>3449966
"Important" as in "plot critical", I mean. I agree with the sentiment; I just doubt Blizzard would as well. I'm not getting into a debate with you over Reflections, but I will say that I love each of these characters, and any endeavor to get them in the same place is one worth pursuing. Experienced heroes and newcomers alike, old friends and new friends, reuniting or meeting for the first time, pooling their resources and expertise, opening their hearts to each other, overcoming their struggles, developing, and working together to create something great that upholds and celebrates what we were initially led to believe was the spirit of the series. That’s what I came in for, and that’s what I stick around for. Some day, mark my words. Some day.

Happy birthday, Overwatch. You magnificent, beautiful, smoldering train wreck, you.
>>
File: Moira04.jpg (797 KB, 800x1132)
797 KB
797 KB JPG
>>3452448
Thank you, and I'm sorry to hear that. Would some more Moira help you?
>>
>>3452789
Yes pls
>>
>>3452787
Eh, I'm not too keen about the plot critical-ness being required, tad too coincidental for my liking. Then again Overwatch runs on distilled coincidence, (Tracer is surrounded by it even, and I’m not too sure it’s the good kind), so I suppose it COULD work if handled well.
I agree with them meeting up though, BUT I would add that I’d want them to be especially careful when it comes to the pooling expertise part, most of the oldwatch crew(...all except Winston, Rein and Genji, and also Mercy but she might not even come back given her comments during the fall/on WP:G) have got some really bad habits they really shouldn’t pass on to the next generation of peacekeepers. I mean they’re still...mostly good, just maybe don’t absorb ALL their experience noobs.

Happy birthday Overwatch! May Workshop be a sign of good things to come...and may you learn not to listen to OWL.
>>
File: Brigitte05.jpg (158 KB, 2048x1152)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>
File: Happy Anniversary02.jpg (3.43 MB, 2500x3178)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
>>3453101
You're either overthinking it or I'm underthinking it. Or both. Or neither. I just want to see my favorite characters get together, be heroes, do cool stuff and grow as individuals; It's what we were initially promised, after all. We can confront these issues and address them along the way, but c’mon, Blizz, let's have some fun! You’re a game company, I don't think that's asking for much.
>>
File: Moira16.png (1.3 MB, 1280x1666)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>3453084
I think I can help you there, although I don’t have much of her.
>>
File: Moira05.jpg (254 KB, 944x1257)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>
File: Moira Mercy02.png (2.18 MB, 3465x3958)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
Genji in the other room: “Ha ha, Doctor, very cute. Now give it back.”
>>
>>3453774
If it's the coincidence part you mean, probably both, leaning towards me overthinking. I'm just wary of Blizzard's....Blizzardness. But my dumbass theories can wait until Anniversary is over.
I'm tempted to say I MIGHT prefer a Widow or Reaper comic, if only to finally find out how short her leash is, as well figuring out why Gabe went nuts. But I would also like the Heroes to do things too *just not Echo*, so I'm conflicted.

>>3453084
A friend found this one if it helps? Quite like it actually, which is a first for me.
...and it was too big to upload, so a link, https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/578983119613591563/582351542322069564/moira-overwatch-artwork.png
>>
File: Dad 76-24.png (291 KB, 500x647)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>3453792
My personal wishlist is (in no particular order):

- Lucio receives some attention
- Symmetra's story and issues develop
- Tracer acknowledges the assassination in a meaningful, developmental way
- Pharah and Ana reunite
- In general, more characters respond to the recall. I've enjoyed the flashbacks, but we need to get things moving in the present again.

Hey, I've already been able to check "D.Va short" and "Tracer salvaged from being a mockery of herself" (which never should have been -on- the list, but I digress) off the list within the past year, which actually has me feeling hopeful for the first time in a while. Now, I can't speak for you, but I hope you're at least doing well and enjoying yourself.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone (or at least those of you observing in the US). Grill something's flesh and devour it today.
>>
File: 70392059.jpg (652 KB, 2300x3000)
652 KB
652 KB JPG
>>3454108
Mine would probably be...:
Lucio too, maybe MAYBE at the same time as Symm.
Bit of Brig maybe?
I'd want something that explores how exactly Pharah feels about Ana's...Ananess first. Did she assume the message was a fake or just feel betrayed? We don't know.
Hanzo? Or....Winston....Zen? There's just too many characters that need SOMETHING.

While I agree with D.Va, I couldn't disagree more about Tracer if someone tried to blackmail me to do so. The reasons are highly subjective, and sort of...maybe personal, so I won't go into them here, other places maybe. I'm glad that you're happy with it, don't get me wrong, but essentially all the new stuff they put out for her, has all just built up to make things...exponentially worse to me, and I hate myself for it as much as I do Jeff.
Doing well...not so much but that's not important. Enjoying myself though? Amazingly, yes, haven't had this much fun playing Overwatch in months, even if I am just grinding for skins. I hope you guys are doing well/having fun yourselves? (Also for some reason I thought in the thumbnail the guy on her shirt was Liquid Ocelot for a second. Slap me.)
>>
File: Tracer209.jpg (114 KB, 800x800)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>3454175
"BRROOTHERRRRR!"

Well, I know I've said "I'm sorry you feel that way" about a half-dozen times already, but I'm honestly not sure how else to respond. I personally thought it was exactly what she needed, and I could try to convince you of that, but I have a feeling we've both already made up our minds. If you disagree, then I trust you have your reasons. I can't know everything about where you're coming from on this issue, and likewise, you can't know everything about where I'm coming from, either. Regardless, I am genuinely glad that you're enjoying yourself now, and I hope we can continue to share our appreciation for the things we do enjoy together. Mark my words: there is going to come a day when we can both celebrate for the same reason, and I'm not giving up until that day comes.

Aaanyway, I was thinking about Hanzo and Zen, as well. The only reason they don't make the list is because I myself have trouble envisioning specifically what I want for them. Lucio and Sym have their own rivalry and issues that have mostly gone untapped, and Zen at least has his relationship with Mondatta which could provide something. The problem with Hanzo, however, is that his identity revolves heavily around his brother, and he otherwise seems uninterested with getting involved in much else and has no other appreciable connections. So, under current circumstances, you can only do so much with him on his own.
>>
File: TVa01.jpg (490 KB, 2079x3181)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>
File: TVa15.png (160 KB, 600x944)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>3454458
Ah don't apologize mate, it's not your fault, I just can't see what they gave Tracer in any positive way, before Storm Rising I sorta could have, but...well moving on. Aside from the Reflections issue, I can agree with you on -ends-(For example, Uprising is just "Tracer saves her city from X"), but it's the means and the reasons for them that ruined it all. Anyway, to cut the long short, I'd happily talk about it if you cared to listen(To be honest, you shouldn't), just not in thread, for too many reasons to list. Which I admit sounds like me just wanting to hate it for the sake of hating it, but I promise that's not the case, it's just....complicated.
I'll raise a drink to the day we get some unarguably good development for Tracer, albeit we might have to wait a while given she was just in SR.

Hanzo...yeah I got nothing either. Only thing I can think of is Overwatch proving themselves ‘worthy allies’ so Hanzo can restore his honour For Zen...uh, maybe he can help the Overwatch gang with their many many issues like he helped Genji? I honestly don’t know about either of them. What about a Mercy short/comic? That'd work and they literally cannot screw her up.

We'll never get a shirtless fist fight between Solid Soldier and Liquid McReyes ontop of Geneva as the world falls down around them. That's the real crime right there.
>>
File: Angela518.jpg (484 KB, 684x941)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>3455178
>What about a Mercy short/comic? That'd work and they literally cannot screw her up.
Do not underestimate them. They've already messed plenty with her character you-know-when.

Also, hi guys!
>>
File: matilda-fiship-unknown.jpg (123 KB, 785x1007)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>3455186
That is....fair. They can't mess her up any worse than they did during the holidays.....I hope.

Hey Mercybro, how's life/Overwatch been treating you?

I used the smaller image by accident then couldn't find the full one when I deleted to repost, have this one instead.
>>
File: Mei01.png (553 KB, 800x800)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
>>
File: Angela469.jpg (73 KB, 600x802)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>3455205
Life has been treating me well enough. Got through most of my exams but a few more still await me so I've been keeping myself busy with that. Can't say the same for Overwatch though. I haven't been playing in a really long time but recently it has been a detriment to my mood nonetheless. I've just been feeling nothing but spite and further anxiety which make me delve even deeper into it getting me stuck in this perpetual cycle. I've reached a point where I don't even want new "lore" to be released because of it. I've had my reasons for wanting the game to fade into obscurity and slowly die but all I care about now is the further ruination of the character(s) and how I just want it to end.
This is all very personal and I'm allowing myself to ramble on again.

What about you? Hope you're doing good. How's the state of the game itself? Did the new event provide you with satisfaction?
>>
File: Mercy17.jpg (417 KB, 1139x1686)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>3455178
By this point, shirtless Reyes is probably just a cloud of smoke anyway.

I know I can't change your mind, but my advice to you would be to stop worrying so much and try to focus on the things you enjoy. At least take heart that, as I see it, she's reclaimed her credibility and is once again a respectable hero worth taking seriously, and I think that is appreciable in any context.

Aw, man, what criteria would Hanzo use to judge Overwatch's "worthiness"? I'm reminded of that episode of Invader Zim when he tries to evaluate how fit some humans are to be his friends by basically treating them like lab rats.

"Beast Man! To prove your hardiness, you must withstand my dragons!"
"My name is Win-GORPH."

>>3455186
>>3455480
Hi, Angelafriend! Always nice to see you around. I have been in the exact same place you are right now for a very long time, and I know the feeling intimately well. I know it can be discouraging, but trust me, the solution is not to brood or become spiteful. When things are grim, your job is to stand by your waifu's side and keep the love alive, because that is when she'll be needing it most, and it will remind you of why you care. These issues are painful, but ultimately transitory, and I know from experience they can be weathered, especially if you find a likeminded group to offer morale and support and share in what you love in the meanwhile. I think we can safely assume you've managed that. Stick with that, and you have my word that this too shall pass and you will be happy again.

Keep your chin up, good luck with your exams, and enjoy your week.
>>
File: Mercy 76.png (2.86 MB, 1600x2560)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>>3455480
I know the feeling about Overwatch, although in my case it's applied less to the lore in general and more specifically Tracer's(Which my bitching up above attests to), just sorta feel numbness and dread at the thought of more of it, rest of the characters get nervous curiosity though. I don't quite want the game to die yet though, but OWL? OWL needs to die in a flaming train wreck that ends with heads rolling at Blizz. I won't be satisfied until those 'Pros' get the HoTS treatment(Which HotS E-Sports didn't deserve, OWL would) for what they did to this game.
Ah but if I go on much longer I'll shit up the thread again, so I'll stop.

I'm...not doing too well for...personal reasons, but moving on... The state of the game is...surprisingly....okay in my opinion. The Workshop not giving XP unless it's a 'featured' gamemode is an understandable but still annoying pain pain, but the potential and modes are -incredible-. RPG modes, races, 'Infection' modes -hi Bungie-, weird modes with people firing Torbjorn from their guns, Bastion 'gunships'...Even saw someone give Mercy the ULT SHE SHOULD STILL HAVE JEFF YOU KNOB back, as well as a third person mode, which is a guilty pleasure of mine, so it's...looking up Not that far up, but even the largest tree comes from somewhere....then they nerfed D.Va on PTR and utterly ruined her, while buffing Orisa. Fun.. And the event did, surprisingly, yes. Been having a lot of fun with it, more than I thought I would, just wish the boxes would stop buggering me rotten so I could get the two skins I want without blowing 6k Credits(I mean, I have double that, but I want to save them if I can in case something else comes out in another event, y'know?).

If you feel like trying it I'd be willing to play, although I am on PS4.
Good luck with the exams as well mate, hope you ace them.
>>
File: DVa2.jpg (69 KB, 700x871)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>3455604
"Angry grandpa yells at edgy cloud on top of old OW HQ, more at 12"

That's just the problem though, from my point of view, her credibility and respectability are...not good. I shouldn't go into it, but tl,dr:
>Tracer does a thing as her first act in OW.
>Gabriel and Hanzo do the same thing -admittedly when they do the thing it's variably more severe-.
>Gabriel, and Hanzo are punished for doing the thing, either by the people of the universe, or even just the universe it's self.
>Tracer however, receives nothing but rewards, including claims of ‘growth’, promotions, and getting to go home with the girl at the end(of the Overwatch organization)
Then she has the....'opinions' on Widowmaker that Blizzard just can't stfu about, and also Reflections tacked on. This all does not, a 100% likable character, make.

(Again I must stress this is just how I see it. I don't fault you for seeing it differently, nor can I blame you. I -wish- I could be happy about it and see it as a positive, but as it stands, I just can’t see her in too positive a light anymore.)

Clearly the answer is he challenges Winston to a peanut butter eating contest, not knowing that the man is a master of it. It's Hanzo's own fault for not listening to Tracer, she did try to warn him…Although I’m not sure how getting flattened like that would help restore his honour.
>>
>>3453778
>>3453779
>>3453781
>>3453792
Thank you frens
>>
File: AngelaStarTrek.jpg (88 KB, 987x741)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>3455604
I never questioned my love for her even for a second. It's something I'll have to fight through. She has taught me many things and one of them is to never give up. I admire your resilience as I know how you feel. Your kindness knows no bounds and your words warm my heart. Thank you. You've helped me a lot. I'll keep fighting on. If you ever need anything or just want to talk I'll always be here to return the favor.

>>3455622
>just sorta feel numbness and dread at the thought of more of it, rest of the characters get nervous curiosity though
It's a shame really. For being the face of Overwatch they really don't seem to want to make people happy by making her an interesting and engaging character which she can absolutely be.
>not giving XP unless it's a 'featured' gamemode is an understandable but still annoying
It's a necessary evil. Don't want to see the browser flooded with "Idle" and "Achievement" servers.
It's good that the event seems to have sparked some hope. The update itself also seems like it has fun things to offer.
I don't particularly have the urge to get back into the game for the time being but I still hope you guys have fun with it. I'll still be here posting what I can and chatting to you wonderful fellows.
>>
>>3455955
>It's a shame really. For being the face of Overwatch they really don't seem to want to make people happy by making her an interesting and engaging character which she can absolutely be.
Don't get me wrong, to other people I'd absolutely say she probably is already to some degree, it's just my personal viewpoint that ends with me looking upon her actions/lore rather poorly, if that makes sense.

>It's a necessary evil. Don't want to see the browser flooded with "Idle" and "Achievement" servers.
I absolutely agree there, although a way I'd have wanted them to do it is, just for the Anniversary event, let people earn XP from Workshop games. As a nice little way to say thanks to the people who allow OWL to exist, us common plebs who like fun gameplay in their game, y'know?
I will also admit part of that wish is that I feel slightly annoyed that they slapped Workshop down during the event(Which I still say was the BEST/only time TO drop it, given it's the -Anniversary-) and then it partially becomes a sort of "You can have the cool skins, or the cool game modes, but not both, never both*" sort of thing.

Don't blame you for not wanting to play honestly, but we'll be here if you change your mind**. Wouldn't mind any Tracer Mercy if you have it, it's rather a rare occurrence as far as I've seen.

*Unless you like Gun game/randomly changing heroes for everyone.
**Platform allowing of course.
>>
File: Tracer240.jpg (330 KB, 810x1084)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>3455701
Well, once again, I'm sorry you feel that way; I likewise don't fault you, but I will admit to being unable to see it that way. I have a -lot- more I could say, and I could go -far- more into depth on this issue point-by-point, but we've been down that road before, and I would prefer for the thread to remain pleasant, especially since we've managed such a good job so far.

I will, however, go as far to say if you think she has been nothing but rewarded, I would like to see this edited cut you've apparently been viewing.

>>3455955
>>3455999
I certainly disagree with the notion that she isn't engaging. I think my friend's view is somewhat jaded, and while I won't deny Blizzard have done a lot to discourage excitement for her (I've railed against the specifics myself many, many times just in these threads), I think there is a lot of genuinely good and captivating aspects of her to appreciate. Her commitment to her fellow man, the inspiration she takes from others and returns in kind, her capacity to persevere and retain her ideals even in the face of tragedy and adversity, and the way she gets her hair to do the thing it does. Now, I'm aware and critical of what I consider to be the substantive issues with her (in general, I think she suffers from untapped developmental potential due to the writers' semi-evident crippling fear of progression), but at no point do I think they're disqualifying.

I realize I'm kinda spilling my heart about Tracer right now, so let me take a moment to show solidarity with our Mercyfriend. I think Mercy is awesome. I love her design, her identity and her unwavering dedication to her ideals and to helping others (noticing a pattern with my preferences, yet?). She has consistently been a solid #2 or #3 for me since the very beginning (she and Mei tend to swap places depending on my mood).

Incidentally, I actually have plenty of Mercy-Tracer pictures. But... they're not exactly appropriate for a blue board, if you take my meaning.
>>
File: Moira28.jpg (83 KB, 696x1024)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
This thread got mighty gloomy today. The Moira guy is the most jovial person here right now. That tells me I need to do something.
>>
File: Mei Zarya01.png (777 KB, 1270x1200)
777 KB
777 KB PNG
>>
File: Bake Sale.jpg (252 KB, 556x1438)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>
File: DVa141.jpg (124 KB, 900x1260)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>
File: Pharah90.jpg (2.25 MB, 1920x2895)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
>>
File: DVa Sombra04.png (1.21 MB, 1200x1920)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>
File: Reinhardt Reaper Tracer.jpg (300 KB, 1000x1278)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>
File: Not related just cute.jpg (92 KB, 850x578)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>3456251
Sorry for harping on about it so much, I just...feel like I'm not explaining the viewpoint properly, so I try to, but I can't really to keep the thread...somewhat cheery, then that just niggles at the back of my brain and then I get back to point one and the cycle continues.

>I would like to see this edited cut you've apparently been viewing.
Well, between becoming a Cadet, and Alive, the only negative thing that we KNOW happened, was the Doomfist short, which as we agree, was inane wankery that shouldn’t even be canon. The positives I already listed above, for the sake of saving post space.
Of course then Alive happened, but Lena still got back up(Which we also both agree is admirable), and had THAT comic too.
(Sorta related, I need the soul of whichever idiot decided to make Tracer somehow unable to understand Winston saying that Max would talk in Storm Rising.)

>I think my friend's view is somewhat jaded
You are absolutely right to be fair. It's just an....extensively complicated list of issues that blend together, but as said before, that's for anywhere but here....now admittedly I screwed this second bit up, but an attempt was made.

>But... they're not exactly appropriate for a blue board, if you take my meaning.
You see now you're just teasing me. I know I'm an ass, but have a heart! It’s like Lena tying Hana to a chair and then beating all her high scores while she's forced to watch. At least boop Discord or something.
>>
Now you see the issue here is that we need to replace D.Va with myself before this picture works.
>>
>>3455955
>For being the face of Overwatch they really don't seem to want to make people happy by making her an interesting and engaging character which she can absolutely be.
But she IS interesting and engaging
>>
File: Mercy Tracer03.png (260 KB, 871x617)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>3456472
Yes, friend, I agree, which is why I'm up past my bedtime and making that case right now.

>>3456390
Based on what you're saying now and what I can infer from what you've said in the past, I think I have an inkling of your viewpoint. You think her actions in Uprising constitute some form of sovereign infringement, and therefore her career is predicated on something you disagree with and that she is essentially being rewarded for an unlawful act while Gabriel is punished for something similar. Would I be close to warm for assuming that? If so, I feel like that is the point where you and I diverge and from which all our differences of opinion germinate (the "spore", if you will), as I disagree rather strongly with this interpretation and have several criticisms of it (for instance, now that you bring it up, my position with Alive is that her ability to recover constitutes neither a "reward" nor the end of the story; rather, it is indicative of how the implications have merely been glossed over rather than put to constructive use).

Alright, I think we're all a little emotional right now, so perhaps it would be best for us to back off and return to this subject when we've regained ourselves. But we can continue to discuss this in a way that is mature, civil and constructive without bringing down the mood of the thread, as long as we keep our heads and approach the issue with sensitivity and awareness for each other.

>You see now you're just teasing me.
Oh, I am? I'll show you! You asked for it! LOOK AT THIS! LOOK AT THIS ///FILTH///! Right in the open where anyone can see them, no less. Have they no shame?
>>
File: Symmetra14.png (419 KB, 811x964)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
Alright, I'm leaving for work now; please be aware that I may be too tired when I get home to offer a proper response to anything.
>>
>>3456483
You're sorta right there, it's a bit more...complicated so backing off and trying again later would work yes.
Although I should clarify I wasn't saying bouncing back from Alive was a reward, just that I -can- find positive things about Tracer too(I am also not the happiest with them doing nothing with the whole...'the one important dude in Omnic/Human relations just got assassinated' thing too, but that would then require them to ADVANCE THE PLOT. Can't have that, heavens no! That would take people away from OWL! What nonsense.).

>That pic
This is disgusting, why would you have such...such sin saved on your harddrive? And for the pair of them to engage in that so publicly....this is why Overwatch was shut down, not Geneva!*

*Now we must collect it all for....evidence, yes, that. Not because it's cute, nope, just for police records.
>>
>>3456260
Pls halo Moirafren I’m very sick
>>
>>3456802
Help*
Fucc
>>
File: TVa37.png (698 KB, 899x1077)
698 KB
698 KB PNG
>>3456674
I get you; I'm glad we share common ground there, and I too am ready for the thread to be comfy again. Sadly, though, I'm beginning to think the only way we're going to get advancement is if we convince the team to have Overwatch and Talon agree to resolve their conflict with a game tournament as a pretext to some kind of league promotion. Fight nonsense with nonsense, I say.

It's no use; law enforcement are fraternizing with the perpetrators. This must go right to the top.
>>
File: Moira Mercy04.jpg (400 KB, 1280x1639)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>3456802
Show the good doctor where it hurts, sweetie.
>>
File: TVa23.jpg (39 KB, 549x563)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>3457065
Well you see here, the conundrum is that I'd rather not bring the thread down....again, so screw it, Adam Savage#5136 posted again just in case. Uh...message me and explanations can be had and things put to rest. Or don't, I am currently too preocuppied losing my marbles over other stuff to bother too much.
Don't be giving Jeff any ideas now. Blizz: "Okay there's no way we could possibly screw up the lore anymore than we already did." OWLshitter: "Hold my beer."

It's even worse than that, I have reliable proof(Source: My ass) that Officer Song is just making evidence disappear to cover for her childhood friend's hand h[REDACTED]. What's next, is HSI corrupt too?
And now I disappear to the land of sleep so I don't resemble a corpse.
>>
File: DVa140.png (2.19 MB, 877x1240)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>3457113
Peace be upon you, brother. I hope you've gotten some rest, and I wish calm and good fortunes to you.
>>
>>3457323
I....got....some rest. But the good fortunes part didn't really work out.....
I appreciate the well wishing though.
>>
>>3457066
It hurts everywhere
>>
File: Moira15.png (1.19 MB, 1280x1477)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>3457714
Relax, I'll kiss it and make it all better.
>>
File: It suits her.jpg (72 KB, 730x1095)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>3457714
I currently know that feeling.....way too well for my liking.
Sorry if the pic isn't ideal Moira friend(At least I'm fairly sure I'm replying to the right post), I am not feeling the brightest myself rn.
>>
File: Zarya02.png (704 KB, 794x1123)
704 KB
704 KB PNG
>>
>>3457910
Thank you
>>3457984
I very much like that Moira actually
>>
File: Symmetra55.png (331 KB, 604x776)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>
>>3456472
>>3456483
I was a bit grumpy and sleep-deprived when I responded to this. What I should have said was "I don't think he means to suggest she isn't; just that the writers aren't doing the best job they could, which is a pretty fair assumption." I don't want our friend to think we're out with him or anything.

>>3457984
Alright, you know what? Forget about the game. Forget about Blizzard and Jeff and Michael and any of it. Forget it. This thread is now about dumb, goofy stuff that makes you happy, because I think that is what we need right now.
>>
File: DVa215.jpg (115 KB, 894x894)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>
File: Tracer58.jpg (477 KB, 900x1300)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
>>
File: Symmetra08.jpg (313 KB, 700x870)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>
File: We created a monster.gif (186 KB, 540x540)
186 KB
186 KB GIF
>>3459038
Nah don't worry I know you didn't mean anything by it, just...stuff happened(which you replied to in this post anyway) so...yeah.

The cute stuff is appreciated, although that one confuses me. Lena seems....too happy for having been defeated by Hana's cooking. Sort of.
>>
Also Retri all heroes today if anyone hadn't checked and it's their thing.
>>
File: Mercy07.png (1.17 MB, 1280x1372)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>3459047
Well, I was responding to my response to our other Lenafriend who in turn was responding to our Angelafriend. I'm going to have to start responding to people one at a time.

Oh, you know how she is. Always has to be nice and supportive of her friends even if she has to invent reasons for it.
"(Kaff!) Good job, love! You really (Hork!) got us good with this one! (Kaff! Oh, God, where's the water?)"
>>
>>3459110
Ah, well now I feel stupid.
I dunno, personally I like to imagine Hana is -the- best cook, she's just doesn't have the patience to do it so she just survives on the junkiest of junkfood. "Why bother with cooking when Dorit- sorry D.Vas come 'pre-cooked' and in 'adequately sized portions'?" - Hana Song
>>
File: TVa36.png (584 KB, 796x935)
584 KB
584 KB PNG
>>3459152
Alas, we shall likely never see Hana and Lena team up to make a Dorito and kipper casserole (that's not a euphemism, I swear). Such is life.
>>
File: TVa31.png (348 KB, 700x1011)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
>>3459439
A dorito and kipper cas-..That sounds like the sort of thing that would gain sentience on the Red Dwarf to be honest.
>>
File: Sombra25.jpg (101 KB, 500x500)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>
Which overwatch hero would you want to be your mommy?
>>
File: DVa Tracer Mei02.jpg (111 KB, 936x1177)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>3459984
None. I would treat them all as equals and expect the same in return.
>>
>>3460211
pretty based actually
>>
File: Tracer136.jpg (527 KB, 1000x1000)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>3460268
Why, thank you.
>>
File: Angela521.jpg (406 KB, 1769x2048)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
Here's another one I happen to have for the Moriafriend.

>>3456251
>>3456472
Do not misunderstand me. I'm just annoyed with the missed potential she has as a character. Every single character in the game suffers from this. Even the one I'm deeply in love with. There are interesting things that can be done to her that can give her a proper conflict, character arc, etc. It's not that she's uninteresting. It's that there's that one tiny bit missing that could turn her into something bigger. Honestly some of the scenarios you guys post here will be a hundred times better than anything the writers try to hamfist. And if I too begin spilling my heart out about that there'll be no stopping me. I specifically know perfectly well what it is for a character you care deeply about to not be allowed to live up to their full potential. It's not like I can't see why you guys like her so much.
But, as has already been said let's return to wholesomeposting. Didn't mean to stir trouble.

And while we're at it, here's a friendly reminder to smile even if there is no reason to and that laughter is the best medicine. Doctor's orders.
>>
>>3460764
Cute!
>>
File: Mercy42.jpg (517 KB, 1001x1920)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
>>3460764
Oh, nonsense, you didn't stir anything. I also reevaluated my response here (>>3459038) because I thought I initially came across a little strong. I actually agree with you and have been fulminating over the same point myself for years. Tracer's problem is that her own story is so intertwined with other characters and major events that she can't properly develop without meaningful advancement, which is an issue when you consider how averse to that the writers are, especially since they also keep undermining her credentials and accomplishments along the way. It's frustrating, but I'm spilling again. I can't deny it's nice to just get things off your chest once in a while, but I want us to focus on what makes us happy. I'm glad we're here for each other, and I'll remember to take my medicine.

I hope you're doing well yourself. Have you finished with your exams?
>>
File: DVa77.jpg (95 KB, 776x1024)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>
File: Pharah22.jpg (272 KB, 1050x1400)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>
File: Pharmercy06.png (538 KB, 1200x877)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
>>
File: Tracer65.jpg (753 KB, 1760x2500)
753 KB
753 KB JPG
>>
File: Mei96.jpg (67 KB, 736x736)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>
Well, according to 'sources', Blizzard is going to announce 'Overwatch 2' at Blizzcon. Ha...ha ha...
Also Diablo 4(again according to 'sources'), which would actually be a good thing, and a long overdue good thing at that.

But anyway, hope you guys had a good week, and will have a good weekend.
>>
File: Zarya42.png (1.19 MB, 850x850)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>3462687
The same company that's made a gravy train out of World of Warcraft for fifteen years is giving this one a sequel after three? I don't buy it. If anything "new" is in the works, I bet it's just some spin-off or gaiden.

I don't trust the rumor mill. "Sources" also said Fallout: 76 was going to be singleplayer (and, for that matter, a game), and that Sekiro was going to be Bloodborne 2. But I'm not going to worry myself about any of that, because I have a nice, chill weekend ahead of me. Happy Friday, everyone!
>>
File: Symmetra26.jpg (1.51 MB, 1237x2467)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>
File: Time to go.jpg (84 KB, 736x1040)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>3462864
Well apparently the guy who made the claim is 'reliable' so I don't even know. I do know there's a good chance I'll drop Overwatch if it's legitimate though. Ah well, at least Diablo fans would get something nice.

But no matter, weekend is Star Wars time, have a fun weekend guys.
>>
File: 1513204989862.jpg (91 KB, 810x1232)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>3462864
>>3462687
I'm actually pretty hyped because it's rumored to be a PvE-heavy game and that's something I've wanted for years.
>>
Moira a cute
>>
File: Tracer256.jpg (145 KB, 540x648)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>3463176
Hmm, I can't deny that more PvE content–possibly with a story-driven campaign and more singleplayer options–would be something I would love. Alright, I'm more onboard with the idea now, but we'll still be waiting about five months to learn if it's even real, and even if it is, this is Blizzard, so development will still likely take years.

Either way, no reason to get worked up now, so have fun and make the most of the Anniversary's last weekend.
>>
File: Mercy119.jpg (503 KB, 720x960)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>
File: Brigitte26.jpg (1.42 MB, 2108x3508)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>
File: Angela524.jpg (289 KB, 1507x2047)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>3460915
>Have you finished with your exams?
Just got done with 2 this weekend. Two more await me.

>>3462687
Aaaaaand back to the anxiety I go. Will I ever know peace? Is really what I ask for that much? I just hope they leave her out of this for once.
As for the sources being untrustworthy, didn't Blizzard officially respond that it is a thing?

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't let it get to me prematurely. I hope we all dream of our waifus tonight boys
>>
File: Mercy.jpg (406 KB, 800x800)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>3464196
I...admittedly didn't keep up to date with it after 'Overwatch 2' essentially evaporated all my hope and tolerance for the franchise, so if they confirmed it, I couldn't tell you.
On the bright side(possibly), it's apparently 'like Left 4 Dead' so there's a chance of it being set during the Crisis? If we're lucky all they can screw up is Rein, Reaper, Torb and then 2 characters who don't actually matter.

Either way, good luck with the exams Mercybro, you'll do great.
>>
File: Mercy92.png (459 KB, 640x932)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
>>3464196
Man, I wish I could join them in that picture.

Good luck, bud; I believe in you, and so does she.

And please try not to worry; we don't really even know what's happening.
>>
File: Pharah33.jpg (279 KB, 1898x2000)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>
File: Storm Rising02.jpg (271 KB, 2048x1247)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
Rest easy, heroes. See you again next year.
>>
File: Mei108.jpg (302 KB, 850x1218)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>
File: Ana45.png (2.83 MB, 1200x1800)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB PNG
>>
File: DVa39.png (1 MB, 1000x1092)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>
File: Zarya07.jpg (624 KB, 877x1500)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
>>
File: Tracer281.jpg (433 KB, 1000x1728)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>
File: Mercy63.png (362 KB, 813x1062)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
>>
File: Efi and Orisa03.jpg (816 KB, 1000x1342)
816 KB
816 KB JPG
>>
File: TVa51.png (819 KB, 1200x1288)
819 KB
819 KB PNG
So, how about that E3? Anything strike anyone's fancy?
>>
File: TVa07.png (176 KB, 464x546)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>3467661
Honestly? Cyberpunk 2077, the DaH remakemaster and despite the story instantly killing my mood, Watch Dogs Legion a little bit.
And the new Halo's trailer has me...intrigued, although I am wary that the one single guy who finds Master Chief is part of ONI.
How about yourself?
>>
File: Tracer124.jpg (274 KB, 1000x1271)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>3467692
As a competitive first person shooter, Overwatch is actually something of an anomaly in my library. My real passion is big, immersive, open world RPGs, so Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely on my radar (been an avid CD Projekt fan since the first Witcher), as are The Outer Worlds and Elden Ring. I'm a huge FromSoft fanboy, so I was going to follow the latter no matter what, but knowing Miyazaki and his team are tackling my favorite subgenre has me all the more excited.

Breath of the Wild 2 as well, but I have mixed feelings about it just as a concept. The original is easily one of my recent favorites and one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had with a game since I was a kid. Frankly, I'm not sure it even needs a sequel, and I'm unsure about what direction it could take. Returning to the series formula would be a step backward, but how do you recreate the sense of scope and wonder without feeling like a retread? It'll be interesting to see it develop. Short-haired Zelda a cute, though.
>>
File: Symmetra23.jpg (3.17 MB, 4133x5546)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>>
File: Dad 76-15.jpg (62 KB, 597x666)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Happy Father's Day! If you're in a position to do so and of the inclination, do something to let your dad know you care about him today.
>>
>>3468083
Like a bit of everything myself, except racing. CP2077 was definitely a yes, although I am on the fence about Outer Worlds. Don't get me wrong it looks great, but I highly doubt I'd get both, and Cyberpunk wins that contest.

Wait, they're making a Breath of the Wild 2 -already-? That makes me a bit wary honestly, like you said, it might not even need a sequel, and it's really a bit soon for it. If they MUST give it a sequel, then I'd at least want them to take a lot longer to make it.
>>
File: Mei02.jpg (3.39 MB, 2480x3508)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB JPG
>>
File: Angela20.jpg (93 KB, 734x1089)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>she is in the new short story
I feel like God is just mocking me at this point...

>>3467661
I actually am completely indifferent to this year's E3. Partly because I won't be able to play 90% of the new titles but mostly because I just don't really care about video games as much as I used to. The only thing that caught my eye was one metroidvania and the Borderlands stuff which we've already seen.
>>
>>3469429
>Mercy is in THAT.
I'll be honest, I couldn't even read it, just Ctrl+F'd "Angela" and "Mercy"(....and "Tracer" and "Winston").
Can't blame you for finding E3 bleh though, although 2077 caught my eye, not a lot of the other stuff did. DAH excluded because it's DAH of course.
>>
File: DVa90.jpg (55 KB, 726x866)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>
File: Mercy05.jpg (71 KB, 700x962)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
And here I was hoping we'd be having a Zelda discussion this week.

I held off on reading it until today because dang that's a lot of text. Thought it was pretty cool, frankly. I like Baptiste. I think he's the most interesting new character in a very long time. That said, as I made my way through pages upon pages, part of me couldn't help but think "Boy. It's really been a while since Pharah did anything." Also, Baptiste can apparently get a thirty-page short story to address his concerns and feelings after three months, but Tracer can't get a single line of dialogue to express how she feels about failing to prevent an assassination in her own neighborhood after three years. Tch. I don't even consider these detracting points, but it's part of the process for me: whenever a character gets something new and nice, even if I enjoy it, it reminds me of everything else that irks me.

>>3469429
Hey, cheer up, at least she's mentioned in the context of another character praising and wanting to help her. With my waifu, you never know if she's going to get something nice or be ground into the dirt and abandoned for a year. Now, I'm not saying that to play "waifu misery poker", but to make a point: treasure the moments–great and small–that treat her with respect, because they are precious.

Your exams should be over now, right? Well, I'm sure you did well on them, and now you can have them off your mind. Relax and take comfort; let's celebrate!
>>
File: Angela70.jpg (191 KB, 800x720)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>3470212
Yeah, you're right. I just have my own reasons for not really wanting her to be "remembered" or present. At least this time she was mentioned without her being attached to you-know-who as an accessory or shippingbait. Probably because Alyssa wrote this one instead.
I'm feeling better about this short story already.
>Your exams should be over now, right?
Just one more left but I'm pretty much done.
>let's celebrate!
I second this.
>>
File: Mercy48.jpg (110 KB, 857x1309)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>3470521
That’s the spirit. It’s nice to have some fresh blood in the writer's room who seems to actually value the characters as more than wankfodder.

Hang in there just a little longer. I'm sure you'll do fine, and once you're done, let us know and we'll party into the next century. Give or take.
>>
File: Tracer10.jpg (133 KB, 600x600)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>
File: Pharah26.png (266 KB, 600x691)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>
>>
File: Mei31.jpg (489 KB, 2000x2000)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
>>
File: Tracer497.png (490 KB, 944x944)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
>>3471829
Who wants a higher-res version? I bet you do!
>>
File: DVa196.png (1021 KB, 886x1423)
1021 KB
1021 KB PNG
Also, happy first day of Summer!
>>
File: Mercy18.png (2.68 MB, 2149x3035)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
>>
File: Tracer299.jpg (379 KB, 1576x2097)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>>
File: Sombra48.jpg (86 KB, 724x1024)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>
File: Ana14.png (858 KB, 1471x1500)
858 KB
858 KB PNG
>>
File: Brigitte15.jpg (208 KB, 1500x1500)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>
>>3472183
It's appreciated, cheers.

Although I will have to leave the celebrating and summer to you guys. I am...not feeling it at all.
>>
File: Tracer387.jpg (500 KB, 780x1190)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
>>3473522
Aw, I'm sorry, buddy. Anything we can do to help lift your spirits? I will not hesitate to share brownie recipes if I have to.
>>
File: 1526992067243.jpg (881 KB, 1100x1300)
881 KB
881 KB JPG
>>3473768
Not really at the moment if I'm honest, I'd rather you guys just have fun with whatever strikes your fancy, be it Overwatch related or not.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.