[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

y/n?
>>
yes
same goes to fans
most of you fucking faggots have absolutely awful ideas and when you sit there and type them out as if it's the "obvious" direction i really start to wonder what rate of the iwc has genuine autism
>>
>>6865500
wrestling shouldnt have "writers" thats some stupid attitude era bullshit. writers have nothing to do with wrestling, this isnt jerry springer or days of our lives
>>
>>6865513
Nice b8
>>
File: SuRosemary[1].jpg (334 KB, 1200x675)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>6865513
If you don't have writers you end up with this kind of crap. Original Character A vs Do Not Steal B
>>
It's hilarious to listen to the shoot interviews where the wrestlers go "yo so I was pushing all kinds of shit" and then the angles they push are always retarded shit where they have a double personality that lives inside a mirror.
>>
File: the-rock-eyebrow.jpg (22 KB, 647x340)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>6865533
Or you have generic flip guy A vs chain-wrestler C in an hour long match that looks exactly like the past 12 hour long matches between them.
>If only those STUPID WRITERS would just get out of the way and let the WRESTLERS WRESTLE. tHat's WhAt peOPLE WANT tO sEE
>>
>>6865500
Better than the stuff Vince does with them.
I'm sure Ricochet wanted to lose to Baron Corbin, the guy whose most athletic act is getting out of bed.
>>
>>6865598
Baron Corbin defeated Kurt Angle clean at Wrestlemania. If Ricochet had beat him (I don't know if he did because I haven't watched RAW in weeks) then that would be retarded.
>>
>>6865500
>Most WWE writers are not good writers and should not be in control of their stories
y/n?
>>
>>6865854
>Most WWE writers are not good writers and should not be in control of other people's stories
FTFY
>>
>>6865598
>Baron Corbin, pro football player and multiple time Golden gloves winner, is not athletic
Smarks literally follow the meltzer gospel of just making shit up
>>
>>6865500
In control of their character doesn't mean in control of their story.
>>
>>6865598
>calling Corbin of all big guys unathletic
Holy shit
>>
>>6865500
Wrestlers are actors. A good actor should give input for their character in a story, but not control it.
The former is showing you've taken care in a role and want to make sure your character is done justice in how they react to story developments.
The latter isn't about the character, but about trying to look like you know better than everyone else and will go to great lenghts to protect your spot.
>>
>>6865618
Every anon from /asp would beat the living shit out of angle
>>
>>6866150
>wrestlers are actors
That's the problem wrestlers can't act for shit now and it really damages promos. Pretty sure they're going for the real sports style promos where athletes can't talk very well, that or they can't find a draw who can talk well.
Even with a shit script just give them acting lessons to make it bearable.

Doesn't help that when they do find a decent actor they repeat their shtick ad nauseum like Enzo and Elias.
>>
>>6865500
ummm if those are steel cables in the ropes why aren't his arms getting decapitated?
>>
>>6866192
Nah aspies couldn't confront him due to aspergers and social anxiety.
>>
>>6865854
WWE writers are never in control of the stories.
>>
>>6866039
Because he's the one WWE seems to keep pushing despite having much better big guys on the roster and ratings having plummeted during this time.
>>6865618
You act as if Corbin beating Angle wasn't just 'Vince doesn't like that Kurt was in TNA for so long so he'll punish him by having him be retired by the worst wrestler on my roster for cheap heat, ignoring that pesky thing called Legacy'
>>
>>6865500
Doesn't matter. If they want to get over, they'll learn in the same way they learn wrestling. At least that way not getting over can't be blamed on shit writing from creative, each guy is responsible for his own shit.
>>
Depends on wrestler. For example: shitters like Ricochet = no.
>>
>>6866260
>arms
>decapitated
the absolute state of American education
>>
>>6866543
Corbin is not on Smackdown yet the raw ratings are up and smackdown ratings are down. It's not Corbin it's the IWC darlings that are bringing the ratings down.
>>
>>6866260
kek basde
>>
>>6866543
>Because he's the one WWE seems to keep pushing despite having much better big guys on the roster and ratings having plummeted during this time.
Like?
Corbin is pushed because he is a very safe worker and can work with small and big guys alike, while being somewhat ok on the mic
Just like Elias

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.