[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: shane.webm (409 KB, 800x450)
409 KB
409 KB WEBM
>I fell off le high thing! Now that have all the attention, get me an ambulance to the hospital so I can heal for 10 months on daddy's dime while real wrestlers that earned their spots work for a living! Am I fitting in with le boys yet?
>>
worked and seething
>>
I have mixed feelings about Shane. On the one hand he's proven himself to be a willing spotmonkey and has done some legit dangerous shit and created memorable moments, but on the other hand you could just about any doughy kid in that spot and he'd get over just as big and it's annoying to see Vince feature his shitty kids all over the show.
>>
>>5671954
Why does he keep doing this?
It's Foleys spot anyways.
>>
>>5671954
Assuming you’re not a wrestler who feels as if they could have entertained the crowd any better than Shane, how is this your problem? Why are you bothered by his actions?
>>
He was horrible in 2001-2003. As much of a glory hog as Steph, Vince, etc. ever was. But unlike before when he had the Mean Street Posse or whoever running in, during this time he was going toe to toe with Angle and Kane by himself.
>>
>>5671954
'bump my back into sawdust' Shane was fine, but 'kayfabe power levels off the charts pure striker kick out of a Zig-Zag clean as a whistle at 2 (even if it is the least protected finisher)' Shane is dumb as hell. Coast to coast is a pretty good signature move though.
>>
>>5671954
I love this copypasta and you should post it more often
>>
File: 1543250039332.jpg (133 KB, 1000x1500)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>5671983
Because it's retarded. He's not a pro wrestler, he's a middle aged man who occasionally has a match with a top wrestler for whatever reason

It's kinda dumb in the first place that he can have an equal match with someone like AJ Styles, if Styles is supposed to be one of the most skilled fighters and Shane is an old man who wrestles once a year. But then he also does some kind of massive spot which just undermines everything that all the other guys do. Why am I supposed to care when [wrestler] does a dangerous thing, when Shane McMahon did an elbow drop from the moon?
>>
Fuck you guys his KOTR match with Angle is still fucking based.
>>
>>5671954
when those ''''''''''''''''real'''''''''''''''''''' wrestlers that '''''''''''''''earned'''''''''''''''''''' their spots do something like this, you call me
>>
>>5672280
>It's kinda dumb in the first place that he can have an equal match with someone like AJ Styles,

This
AJetty is a midget Shane-o-dimes should've ding-dong diddly destroyed him
>>
You know you marked for it.
>>
>>5672280
imagine the intoxicating musk
>>
File: 1497500076196.gif (1.26 MB, 284x207)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
>>5671954
He isn't half the worker Vince was that's for sure
>>
>>5672520
Calling him half the literally anything of Vince would be generous.
>>
>>5671954
>Kills himself for our entertainment.
>Recharges for months.
>Bores you weekly.
>Gets injured anyways and recharges for months.
Shane>95% of the roster.
>>
>>5673425

Ok except one subtle change that changes everything:

>Kills himself for his ego.
>Recharges for months.
>Bores you weekly.
>Gets injured anyways and recharges for months.
Every real wrestler that ever lived > Shane
>>
>>5673479
>>Kills himself for his ego.
He does it for the fans. And he succeeds unlike many on the roster.
>>
>>5673479
>ya
>seethin
>at based
>shane
>>
>>5671954
That's the reason he can even atand a chance in kayfabe. It's not his job and he has healthcare. That said, him actually being skilled as a fighter is bullshit, he won that fucking tournament which was based around being "the best" in Saudi Arabia. He should be an ace in the hole who can be used for very specific scenarios. An out of control psycho heel would fear the rich guy who is fine with getting hurt.
>>
member when he stole RVDs Van Terminator
>>
>>5671966
Hey, he is the boss's son. He doesn't need to do this crazy shit, he is already a millionaire and not some wrestler like Jeff Hardy that needs this type of shit to get over from time to time. And even after being the boss's son, he has the balls to go out there and perform these type of over the top spots. I respect him.
>>
>>5671954
I don't think he has the lockerroom's respect as "one of the boys" but does have the lockerroom's respect as "a good boss." By all counts he is the least unpleasant/insane McMahon to work for. He's not a wrestler, but he's willing to give it his all and take bumps that many pros won't take, so that some respect. Finally, when nobody wanted to win the World Cup because of the possibility of bad PR of having that Saudi-Prize forever on your title record, he jumped on the grenade because he's a family shareholder and so is less susceptible to the fallout of bad PR.

Granted he's still a McMahon, so he's still probably crazy and unpleasant, but he's the least bad McMahon.
>>
>>5673854
>. Finally, when nobody wanted to win the World Cup because of the possibility of bad PR of having that Saudi-Prize forever on your title record, he jumped on the grenade because he's a family shareholder and so is less susceptible to the fallout of bad PR.
Didnt thought of that, that is pretty based.
>>
>>5673854
Based
>>
>>5673854

Any time someone who doesn't currently work for WWE talks about Shane it's always vague compliments with tons of huge pauses. It's clear that he's a really nice guy and he is killing himself for wrestling so no one wants to say he never should have set foot in the ring but it's what everyone thinks.
>>
Didn't fall. jumped
>>
I don't mind him doing the occasional match and crazy ass spot, but he really should have been left off the Survivor Series team and given someone else some screentime, Corbin wrestles and he wasn't even actually in the match.
>>
>>5671954
Shane O’Mac vs. Steve Blackman for the hardcore title is one of my favorite matches of all time
https://youtu.be/Q45710XfotU
>>
bump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.