[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 46 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

You do clean your cat's litter box EVERY day, right anon?
>>
>>3139392
I don't have a cat
>>
Uh no? Twice a week is good enough fag.
>>
>>3139396
t. smelly catfag
>>
>>3139392
Stinky, cat-owning NEETs don't even clean their own dick and ass every day.
>>
>>3139396
My sister does this and her place stinks to high hell. It's probably "subtle" enough for her to not notice though cause she thinks her place smells fine. I think every other day should be everyone's minimum because cat shits are vile. Probably more if the box is uncovered.
>>
It should depends on how many cat you have and how frequent they go
>>
>>3139409
if you do it less than once a day even if you have a single cat i guarantee your place smells like shit/piss
>>
>>3139411
I do mine once a week and it still doesn't smell?
>>
>>3139392
Every time your cat shits. One time/day won't do.
At this point, litter stops making sense.
>>3139396
You must be disabled or something...
>>
>>3139413
i do mine morning and night, use a hooded box with a filter, and I'm 100% sure it smells fine. i think once a day is alright as long as your box isn't open and your litter doesnt suck. how are you supposed to know every time your cat shits? do you have a camera tied to him?
>>
File: 20190911_213211.jpg (1.97 MB, 2576x1932)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
I'll have to now.
>>
>>3139412
To you.
>>
>>3139407
Buy better litter.
>>
>>3139415
>how are you supposed to know every time your cat shits?
Hear what is it doing.
>>
>>3139424
every other day is being really generous anon. i hope you're not implying you do less. your place prob smells horrible but no one wants to say anything
>>
>>3139431
Wrong
>>
>>3139426
Are you a neet? Is your house 2 feet wide? Why does your cat moan while shitting in the first place? I'm saying it's pretty doubtful you get every shit as soon as it happens.
>>
>>3139440
>Are you a neet?
No
>Is your house 2 feet wide?
It is commie ant block.
>Why does your cat moan while shitting in the first place?
I don't have cat. When sister had, they were scratching floor (ceramic tile), and only completely deaf won't hear this. It is not hard
>>
>>3139445
my cat doesnt scratch outside of his litter box, nor have 2 of my other past cats. the only cat i've had that scratched outside of it did it when they pissed AND pooped so if you legit go off of that you'd be scooping like 6 times a day. my house also only had 3 rooms and even then it was pretty easy to not hear so I don't know what kind of paper walls or brittle tiles you have. on top of that, my current cat who scratches the exact same way but to clean up after he eats (on tile) is literally impossible to hear unless you're in the kitchen with him even though the dining room is right there too.
you'd literally have to be a neet and have a 1 bedroom house AND probably still not leave the room to have the opportunity to even do that. once-twice a day is perfectly fine to keep your house smell-free and recommended by most vets and what not.
>I don't have cat
retard
>>
>>3139412
This is what toxofriends actually believe
>>
>>3139457
Wow. I didn't know common sense would cause so much rage.
>>
>>3139461
Only outdoor cats get toxo.
>>
>>3139475
>common sense
>literally 2 foot wide shitbox apartment 3rd world problems
>>
My cat shits outside. Stop this "indoor cat" meme.
>>
>>3139392
Once a week, usually. Our cat is unusually mild smelling in general, but I guess we may just be desensitized to the smell. Helps that we keep her litter far from the area of the home where we host people.
>>
>>3139392
Do you mean scoop the clumps? Everyday.
>>
>>3139526
Someones backyards is not a litter box, so don't be amazed, when your cat doesn't come home one day, day when one of your psyco (thanks to toxoplasmosis for your cat) neighbors kill it after a he had bad day.
>>
>>3139407
My sister cleans her cats' box twice a day and the apartment still smells like cannabis.
>>
>>3139541
>implying one of the fine employees at Psy Co. would harm a cat
>>
>>3139541
Jesus Christ your English skills are so poor, you must be some 3rd world Brazilian favela nigger or some shite, how do you even have a PC and internet access?

>assumes that the only free space that isn't a house is a backyard
Oh no no, he lives in some urban shithole, can't even conceptualise the idea of living in the countryside surrounded by fields for his cat to shit in.

Also err just because you project and have fantasies about killing and abusing cats, doesn't mean normal white people do. Literally all my neighbours have cats, and all of them are normal outdoor cats, not amerimutt meme "indoor cats".
>>
>>3139602
>fields for his cat to shit in
And that’s why your region has such a high t. gondii infection rate.
>>
cat shit is the most vile smell on the planet and ever cat owners home smells like cat shit and piss

stay pure. don't own a cat
>>
>>3139559
Funniest shit ever
>>3139628
Spot on
>>
>>3139409
Sure, but at least a check every day is the minimum for an 1 box 1 cat setting if you want to make sure she won't prefer the clean floor to a used toilet one day.
>>
>>3139424
No, even with the best and highest filling of clumping litter which will never let the shit or piss actually touch the litter that won't get scooped out, if you let it dry out it won't be able to work that well. Also it still smells as long as it's in there, maybe you won't realize it but some people and expecially the cat will. By the way the cat will still have to walk and dig around in her own shit and you can't blame it if one day it decides to search for a clean place instead.
>>
>>3139445
Now that's usefull but I'd say most cats only scratch the litter, not the floor. With a closed box you don't hear it if you're not in the same room. But you can still check the box two or three times a day to catch it early of course.
>>
how do people live like fucking goblins?
>>
>>3139720
Toxo.
>>
>>3139722
literal fucking toxo. would you guys leave your shit rotting in the toilet for 3+ days? why would you subject an animal, someone who can't change their living conditions to this? I can't even stand living my dogs shit in my yard for that long and it's OUTSIDE. god damn
>>
>>3139392
no
>>
>>3139602
>>3139559
>>3139521
Lol, catfags will always bitch about something that is not important like ESL English or "stop living in commie block".
>>
>put a trash bag in the tray
>pour in litter
>at the end of the day take that shit out and lysol that room to high hell
>repeat
i don't even have a cat
>>
>>3139820
>spends 50 bucks a week on litter
>>
>>3139843
And $20 on lysol
>>
>>3139860
And collecting a few more trashcans.
>>
>>3139726
People really should keep in mind that scooping a litterbox is like flushing a toilet.
>>
general tips on minimizing shit/piss smell other than a cheeky "get rid of your cat"? I scoop twice a day and as many times I go into the room that has the box but am deathly afraid of being that smelly ass cat house.
>>
>>3139392
>Not have a house big enough to partition the litter box to it's own room with a filter on the box
>>
>>3140155
Own furniture/flooring/wall paint that can be easily scrubbed down every few months. Brush out cat thoroughly on a regular basis and clean brush afterwards. Good ventilation helps. World’s Best cat litter is nice but so is a cheap 50lb bag of wood pellets for how often you say you scoop. Basically, as long as anything your cat rubs on and wherever it pisses gets cleaned regularly, you shouldn’t have problems with “that smell” permeating your entire home.
>>
>>3140155
Occasionally deep clean the box, ie. Toss out all the litter whether it's clumped or not, scrub down the box to remove residue (especially if you don't use a liner bag), spray down with an enzyme cleaner to break down cat piss, then refill with fresh litter.
>>
>>3139843
>>3139860
You guys are horrible wasters of money if you cant find find bags, litter/sand, and disinfectant for under 20 a week total - fuck it, under 10
>bag of thin but good enough for the job bags, $5, 20ish bags is almost a month of bags
>sand/shitty litter (doesnt need to be good if its tossed daily), $8 maybe, why pour a lot when it get tossed? A week of usage
>fuckhuge spray cleaner, $30 but lasts forever
>>
>>3139797
Stop being a 3rd world nigger who can't speak english and lives in a urban shithole.
>>
>>3140235
>He doesn't know avg. Russian has summer house in middle of nowhere where you have giant ass hornets and shit, and a commie block.
>>
>>3140242
or you could live in a civilized, non-laughing stock of a country with a normal home wherever you want.
>>
>>3140245
>or you could live in a civilized, non-laughing stock of a countr..
Give me fucking greencard, or european citizenship. I promise I will move outta here.
That said, it is not so hard to hear cat shitting, unless you're deaf. Even in giant ass house.
>>
>>3140222
Why do you need all this, when no litter works the best, since you will throw shit fast anyway withing 2-5 minutes after cat shitted ?
>>
>>3140247
im not the person you were arguing with but you're wrong, communist. you'd know this if your "houses" weren't made of cardstock
>>
>>3140252
Americans have houses made of fucking drywall and siding.
Commie-block are made out of concrete entirely. Summerhouse I have is built like they do it in US, studs and drywall.
I can hear literally every fucking corner of house. Go check your hearing, before something happens to your belongings. Trust me, Mexicans, Slavs can be super quiet when needed.
>>
>>3140256
obsessed, not american. i'm from SG
>>
>>3140257
So, do you really own a house that big in such expensive place? What the fuck are you doing on hobo forum then?
>>
normal people can smell when the cat shits and they don't like it which is why normal people don't have cats
>>
>>3140258
i said im not the original person you were arguing with. i live in a 2 bedroom apartment and still cant hear my cat shit which is why im assuming you must live in a house made of plywood or 200 sqft which I think youve already confirmed. although i have no idea what a commie block really is but from what ive seen of russia i imagine a concrete room thats cold and depressing
>>
>>3140263
>i live in a 2 bedroom apartment and still cant hear my cat shit
How?
Do I have some extraordinary hearing?
>h is why im assuming you must live in a house made of plywood or 200 sqft
Nah, commie block is concrete, and it is 85 sq. meters (3 bedrooms), so it is 900 sq ft.
Summer house is 100 sq. meters, but is made from drywall and has no insulation inside inner walls.
> i have no idea what a commie block really is but from what ive seen of russia i imagine a concrete room thats cold and depressing
Well, it has wallpaper, and carpet on some walls for sound insulation.
>>
>>3140270
>3br
>900 sqft
>concrete
even my last apartment was 1 br and 800. you've confirmed my suspicions, its small, cold, and sad. good bye
>>
>>3139440
My cats meow a bunch every time they use the box, and they have done so since they were kittens
>>
not only everyday, when they go shit it gets scooped right away
>>
>>3140454
This. I scoop that poop immediately and I completely change the litter every 4 or 5 days.
>>
>>3140422
Interesting. Do you know if they were taught that? Is it to let you know so you can clean it? Is it just to announce it so you don't disturb them? Kinda cute desu
>>
>>3140270
commie block is concrete
I'm almost sure it's something else, I've melted two drills on that shit.
>>
>>3140560
Anon, you’re supposed to use a hammer drill for concrete.
>>
>>3140560
Dude, this exists.
>>3140774
Hammer drill is not that necessary, though it makes everything go faster.
>>
>>3140245
Nah, only traitors and niggers move out of their homeland instead of trying to improve it, and i am neither
>>
>>3140270
>you will never have a cozy dacha

why live?
>>
>>3141077
some of the 70s and 80s built commie blocks in the EU are made from fairy space dust concrete. you will not believe how hard and resistant to everything it is.
>>
>>3141144
To earn money so you can buy dacha.
>>3141145
Invest in really good bits, maybe invest in SDS+ hammer drill.
I know the pain.
>>
My cat always shat outside because we're not nasty people who wanna dig around a sandbox for animal shit on a daily basis
>>
>>3141237
There are a lot of mentally ill people, and they will kill your cat, if they have a bad day.
>>
File: boy_thumb_up.jpg (48 KB, 221x170)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>3141290
>pest control is mental illness
>>
>>3141337
Cats aren't pest control.
Also, your cat probably caused their mental issues.
>>
>>3141370
holy shit u r dumb
>>
>>3141399
Toxoplasmosis made me dumb, info 900%. WIthout cats everywhere contaminating well water, I would be smarter
>>
File: 345345.jpg (656 KB, 1000x667)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
Using wood pellets. Very cheap in hardware store, 5-7 dollar/15 kg. Does not stick and easy dumb in trash bag.

Two cats. Daily pick up poops and flush them down in toilet. Whole cleaning 1-2/week.
>>
>>3139392
I used too, my cat quit using the litter box for about 3 years it was amazing, she just went outside.

Unfortunately since I moved she picked back up using the litter box and I'm out of routine of cleaning it daily.
>>
what do y'all recommend for litter
>>
File: urmom.png (863 KB, 1050x600)
863 KB
863 KB PNG
>>3141126
>

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.