[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: peta.jpg (95 KB, 1140x699)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
When did they go downhill?
>>
>>3137252
When faggots started throwing fake blood on people
>>
>>3137252
When the government either founded them or took over their administration to poison the well for environmentalism and animal rights.
>>
When some random yuppie New Yorker got pissed at a guy for flogging his own horse.
>>
>>3137316
>>3137316
>>3137316
Peta only exists to delegitimize environmental and animal rights discussion
>>
Didn't Penn and Teller allude to them commiting terrorist acts? I found that believable because they're also super-hypocrites about killing animals. Anyways this is a really fucked up topic that I don't really want any part of.
>>
>>3137325
Oh believe me, I know. This is why I lost contact with all environmentlist groups. The ones that haven't already experienced corporate capture are basically being run by the FBI or other spooks.
>>
Going downhill would imply they ever weren't fringe loony borderline eco terrorists. Where they? I legit don't know but anti peta sentiment goes back at least to the 80s
>>
>>3137391
>anti peta sentiment goes back at least to the 80s
All according to plan.
>>
>>3137326
Then why the fuck did you even make a post you double nigger
>>
>>3137417
Kek
>>3137326
They didnt allude, they said they did. Wtf are u on homo
>>
The foundation is for retards, moving on....
>>
>>3137252
>Almost every single cent they spend on any type of effort relating to helping animals goes towards cats, dogs, and other household pets and farm animals.
>Most of the animals they "save" are usually just euthanized by them anyway.
>Actively harass and threaten real wildlife conservationists and their organizations.
What is their end game?
>>
>>3137506
To crash the enviroment, with no survivors
>>
>>3137506

peta believes that humans bred or conditioned to live with humans, aka farm animals and pets, are inherently abused and should be driven to extinction to spare them from human influence.

this is their actual opinion
>>
>>3137663
Sauce? Actually interested, if true it's a powerful weapon against them
>>
>>3137252
>>3137325
basically this. They claim to help animals and then turn around and attack anyone that ever does anything with animals as if there's something wrong with using animal products..
>>
>>3137663
>killing all pigs to avoid 1984
>>
>>3137417
To express myself. Bottling up your thoughts is unhealthy.
>>
>>3137325
This
>>
>>3137705
This. So much.
>>
>>3137658
You're a big organization
>>
>>3137686
You express the thought that you don't want to talk about the subject the thread was created for, in the thread itself?
>>
>>3137834
For your dog
>>
>>3137252
When they became a cult of professional activists sponsored by hedge funds.
Same as feminism.
>>
Only garbage responses in this thread.
They didn't go downhill. They're the good guys.
You bought into anti-peta propaganda just like any mindless drone, and/or you make fun of peta because it's trendy among edgy children.
>>3137316
>>3137325
Wrong. Also, >>>/x/.
>>3137326
The entire episode was garbage. They spent most of the episode talking about people literally not related to peta.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Penn_%26_Teller:_Bullshit!#P.E.T.A.
>>3137391
Tell me one instance of ecoterrorism from PETA.
>>3137506
All three points incorrect.
Educate yourself on peta's accomplishments.
https://www.peta.org/about-peta/victories/
https://www.peta.org/about-peta/milestones/
>>3137663
>>3137666
Incorrect. This is a twisted interpresetation of a quotation taken out of context to make it seem like they're out to kill animals. Obvious and desperate meat industry propaganda.
>>3138756
They count on people sharing silly images like you did in order to raise awareness.

Now people will still post more garbage to say why PETA is bad, even when there's no supporting evidence, because mindless drones are incapable of changing their script.
>>
>>3137506
>>Most of the animals they "save" are usually just euthanized by them anyway.
I forgot to address this.
-They save and help animals all the time without resorting to euthanization- passing off animals for adoption, providing free/cheap veterinary care, doghouses, etc.
-Most animals in their "center" are euthanized because... it's a euthanization center. They run a free/cheap euthanization service for animals that are about to die anyways, because poor people drown or strangle their kittens and dogs, and there are pounds out there that use piss- and vomit-filled gas boxes.
>>
>>3138778
>interpresetation
*interpretation.
>>
>>3137252
When they began losing all sense of reality
>>
>>3138778
>peta are the good guys!
>linking to peta's own website as evidence
>>
>>3138778
>The entire episode was garbage. They spent most of the episode talking about people literally not related to peta.
>https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Penn_%26_Teller:_Bullshit!#P.E.T.A.
Watch the episode man, they had a guy working for them as an educator that was also charged with arson.
>>
>>3137252
>When did they go downhill?
March 22, 1980
>>
>>3138778
Autism speaks.
>>
>>3138778
>Tell me one instance of ecoterrorism from PETA.
I said borderline, but just off the top of my head their links to the ELF and ALF which are absolutely eco terror groups, to the extent that Peta caught the ire of the FBI back in the early 2000s
>>
>>3138778
PETA kidnapped a little girl's dog and killed it, was sued by the family, and settled for half a million.
>>
>>3138839
50k actually, but still, they stole someone's dog from its owner's yard and killed it.
>>
>>3137252
I can't remember a time when they weren't a joke.
>>
>>3138802
I did watch the episode. That guy was the only one who was even vaguely related to peta, and if I remember right, he worked some small volunteer position for a short time and left years before the arson.
>>3138799
As said above, they make bizarre statements to attract attention and raise awareness, so that people like you make this thread, or share that article. I'm not making this up. They're open about this strategy.
>>3138801
Show me your evidence that they made up their very public campaigns, and that the companies and governments that changed their policies were just imagining all of it. You're trolling or a delusional child in denial.
>>3138839
I knew this would be brought up.
>They were called in to euthanize feral violent dogs in the area that were hurting cattle. "Owners" of the feral dogs gave peta permission.
>They saw a different dog that matched the description of one of the feral dogs, unleashed with no collar, so they picked it up.
>The worker, against peta's policy, and against state law, euthanized the dog before a 5 day grace period. Peta fired her.
>Peta updated their policies to prevent similar incidents in the future.
-Sensational media and anti-peta propaganda jump on the incident and make it look like peta's assassinating pets.
Details here: http://www.whypetaeuthanizes.com/maya.html

You have been successfully tricked by propaganda to turn against the good guys. No need to admit it here. Just realize it eventually.
>>
Environment protection agencies (even government ones) do questionable things all the time.
Now, you think some animal-right (pro-tip: most animals don't have rights, because they are not self-aware) protection thing does right things? Fuck no.
>>
is there an actual peta apologist in this thread defending them? ayyyy
>>
>>3138924
>feral dog harming cattle
>a chihuahua

retard
>>
>>3138778
>>3138924
Too long, didn't read
>>
>>3138981
Obviously I didn't mean that every single feral dog in the area were harming cattle.
>>
>>3138924
>As said above, they make bizarre statements to attract attention and raise awareness

Ah yes, the "I was only pretending to be retarded" defence.
>>
>>3138924
PETA niggers use medicine from animal research. Fuck off.
>>
>>3138924
>As said above, they make bizarre statements to attract attention and raise awareness, so that people like you make this thread, or share that article. I'm not making this up. They're open about this strategy.
>I was just pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>3138778
>>3138924
Companies who shill by being hip and edgy and "Making bizarre statements" are absolutely cringe. If you don't agree then you probably follow the Wendy's Twitter account and other "woke" fast food brands on social media.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.