[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 101 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: omg.jpg (159 KB, 1000x685)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
I have spent some time reading about the Timothy Treadwell story and how he was eaten alive by a bear and the entire incident was recorded but has only been listened to by a handful of people. Bears scare the shit out of me. If a bear wants to kill you and you don't have a powerful shotgun, you are dead. You cant fight the bear because of how much physically stronger it is, it can crush your head in an instant or kill you with one slash of its claws. You cant even run away because bears are extremely fast on the ground. You have no hope. It freaks me out and makes me scared of going anywhere near where bears live. I am fortunate to live in England where there are no predators so I can roam the countryside freely without fear of being killed by an animal. But I went on a camping expedition in the Pyrenees recently and I was shitting myself the entire time that I might be attacked by a bear.
What are your thoughts on bears /an/? I wouldn't care if they all went extinct desu, as bad as that sounds
>>
That kind of shit keeps me up at night too but you just gotta come to terms with it man. We're only at the tip of the food chain because of our brains, in terms of raw physical capabilities we might as well be at the bottom. There are plenty of calibers that can penetrate a bear skull. And it's really only brown bears you gotta worry about, black bears are just big ol' bitches.
>>
>>3136353
so you have a perfectly rational fear of an animal that can and often will eat you? Good, you sound pretty normal and well-adjusted to me.

I live in bear country, I see them fairly often. I don't really fuck with them. I'm not deathly afraid or anything, I just avoid them as much as possible.
>>
>>3136356
>black bears are just big ol' bitches.
true, but they kill and maim about as many people as brown bears do.
>>
>>3136353
Imagine finding this guy under your house. How fucked are you
>>
I thank god i don't live in shitholes like India where tigers regularly hunt and eat villagers.
Atleast bears wont see you solely as food
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident

The most terrifying incident of a bear starting to hunt humans.
>>
>>3136353
>What are your thoughts on bears /an/?

>they cute
>don't go to burr country
>if you have to, bring 12ga pump, AK in 76239, Glock 20 or 357mag revolver
>DO NOT GO TO BURR COUNTRY!
>get bear spray
>>
>>3136353
Grow some and get a gun faggot.
>>
But anon, you CAN outrun a bear. Unless you're a fat fuck, or a dumb fuck trying to climb. Humans are natural midspeed endurance runners (you should be able to run at an easy 35kmh, and while many bears are faster they can't really attack and run at the same time, so they'll tire before they catch you) and one of the fastest non-aquatic mammalian swimmers. Bears are also very lazy and will give up the chase when it feels you are no longer a threat, or are no longer worth the hassle.
>>
File: 1504327924665.jpg (7 KB, 239x229)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>3136368
>On December 9, 1915, at 10:30 a.m., the giant brown bear turned up at the home of the Ōta family. Abe Mayu, the farmer's wife, and Hasumi Mikio, a baby being taken care of by Mayu, were at the house. Mikio was bitten on the head and killed. Mayu fought back, apparently by throwing firewood, and tried to escape. She was overtaken, knocked down, and dragged into the forest. According to contemporary descriptions the scene resembled a slaughterhouse, with blood puddled on the farmhouse floor.
>>
>>3136370
People always mention shotguns without mentioning the type of shot and this is why retards get killed when trying to fend off a bear with birdshot. High gauge buck or slugs are the only things that have a chance at dropping it.
>>
>>3136373
most of this is false
>>
File: nigga u gon die.png (71 KB, 645x403)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>3136373
>>
>>3136380
This is such fucking bullshit. Any pistol round will fuck up a bear just as much a person, they don't have some super layer of fat, or hyper dense bones. If you shoot a bear and hit it's going to fuck off majority of the time.
>>
>Odo had remained at the house as the only bodyguard. When he ran for the door, the bear released the mother and child to pursue him. Yayo then escaped with her children. Odo attempted to hide behind furniture, but was clawed in the back. The bear then mauled Kinzō, the third son of the Miyouke family, and Haruyoshi, the fourth son of the Saito family, killing them, and bit Iwao, third son of Saitō family. Next to be targeted was Take, Saitō Ishigorō's pregnant wife. She too was attacked, killed, and eaten. From later testimony, villagers heard Take begging the bear to not touch her belly but to instead eat her head. Later the fetus was found alive from her corpse, but died shortly after.

jap guro is pretty old it seems...
>>
>>3136391
A bear skull is retarded thick, my dude. And assuming it's already charging at you, body shots of any caliber aren't going to stop it.
>>
>>3136396
>A bear skull is retarded thick, my dude.

even 9mm will still sail right through

>And assuming it's already charging at you, body shots of any caliber aren't going to stop it.

plenty of videos on YT showing the opposite.
>>
>>3136400
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/#axzz5yytctEMz
>>
>>3136392
>>3136377
>After the attack, most of the villagers of Rokusen sawa soon left, and the town rapidly transformed into a ghost town.
I don't blame them, that must have been horrific
>>
Which bear species is more apt for domestication? I would say the andean bear, it's smaller so it needs less food to live, it is less aggresive towards humans, it has a varied diet and can live on mountainous and tropical areas so it has no problem adapting to similar environments. What do you guys think?
>>
>>3136416
yeah, meanwhile if that happened in europe, a guy with his dog and a bear spear would have solved the problem within a day.
>>
>>3136353
>>
>>3136353
I’m not particularly scared of bears but that’s a highly unsettling picture and I would not be happy if I saw that under my porch.
>>
>>3136400
>>3136405
Fair enough. I wish it specified which types of ammo were used on all of those. I'd imagine heavy grain fmj's would be much more effective than hollows or soft tips.

>>3136433
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kejX4gBGmk
>>
>>3136353
>>
>>3136436
>I'd imagine heavy grain fmj's would be much more effective than hollows or soft tips.
why would you imagine that?
>>
>>3136440
Because with something with that thick of a hide, that dense of a bone, that much body fat, and that much muscle you need the penetration. Safest bet is 10mm fmj bois.
>>
>>3136440
Because heavy jacketed rounds tend to penetrate more than those intended to mushroom.
>>
>>3136444
>Because with something with that thick of a hide, that dense of a bone, that much body fat, and that much muscle you need the penetration. Safest bet is 10mm fmj bois.
ah, thank you.

you're entirely wrong, but it's always interesting to hear how people with no experience at a thing imagine it to be.

In real life the most common round used to kill bears historically has been the .22lr, usually in hollowpoint.

but that's not how someone that's never killed a bear would imagine it, is it?
>>
>>3136468
>consider big dick waved
>>
>>3136468
.22lr hollow point. Are you fucking retarded? Yeah you could kill them with it. But the point is you want something that is LIKELY to kill it in one hit while it is pissed off and charging you.
>>
>>3136377
Did you miss the part where she prayed to the bear to spare her child and it DID? The japs literally angered a Kami.
>>
>>3136468
22lr hp is basically an fmj ball round because it has neither the power of mushroom the lead nor does the projectile have the manufactured petals which can make it mushroom and open up in the first place. it will kill if it hits the right spot but it's a crappy round for bear SD.
>>
>>3136476
>.22lr hollow point. Are you fucking retarded?
I'm passing on information, not giving you recommendations.

my point is that whether .22 is a good choice or not it's the usual choice, and it's perfectly effective despite supposed thick hide, dense bone, and lots of body fat.

it's essentially the weakest round available and it will easily penetrate far enough to kill a bear.
>>
>>3136478
I see you've never shot anything bigger than a squirrel with it.
>>
>>3136353
Being eaten alive feeling everything. Every puncture, every bit of skin tearing, even just the tongue brushing an open wound. Painful awful way to go.
>>
>>3136468
>most common round used to kill bears historically has been the .22lr, usually in hollowpoint
Feel fucking free to cite any of that
>inb4 just pretending to be retarded
>>
File: what am i looking at.gif (1.99 MB, 352x264)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>3136468
>In real life the most common round used to kill bears historically has been the .22lr, usually in hollowpoint.
>>
>>3136479
Maybe if the bear was chained down/caged and the gun was used to shoot several times into the brain point blank execution style, sure.
>>
>>3136353
Bears are kinda like werewolves
>>
>>3136494
don't go on /b/, they are posting a video of a guy kidnapped by a drug cartel and their pitbull is taking chunks out of his genital area between his spread legs. bite by bite while he is still alive and screaming into the camera with eyes wide open. carnivores are fucking scary in general. no mercy at all
>>
File: 1546002759408.jpg (67 KB, 736x427)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>3136391
>or hyper dense bones
man they've got the thickest bones of any land predator
>>
>>3136353
>having paranoid fears of bears
>walking in the bear free country side of england
>gets eaten by a puma

you are a fucking idiot
>>
>>3136515
Link!!!!!!
>>
>>3136386
yeah, even usain bolt can only run 100 metres with 27.8 mph. but otherwise humans could successfully hunt the bear because humans are the best persistence hunters in the animal kingdom.

Humans are the only surviving primate species that practises persistence hunting. In addition to a capacity for endurance running, human hunters have comparatively little hair, which makes sweating an effective means of cooling the body.Meanwhile, ungulates and other mammals may need to pant to cool down enough, which also means that they must slow down if not remain still.

Persistence hunting is believed to have been one of the earliest hunting strategies used by humans.It is still used effectively by the San people in the Kalahari Desert, and by the Rarámuri people of Northwestern Mexico.
>>
>>3136521
go on bestgore.com and look down down the main page until you see it. you’ll see it.
>>
>>3136521
live leak, but I'm not searching for the link, I want to forget the sound and visuals
>>
fucking monsters
>>
>>3136531
not to sound like a hardass but that one isnt even that bad. his dick and bolls are already gone when the vid starts. The worst one I’ve ever seen is when they decapitate that mexican cop in front of his son and aztec style flay the son until you can see his beating heart and then they stab the shit out of it.
>>
>>3136532
>>
>>3136422
I have no idea, but theyre cute as fuck
>>
>>3136534
>>
>>3136539
>>
>>3136422
raccoons of course
>>
I went camping for the first time near Bruce Peninsula National Park and stayed awake in my tent the first two nights worrying about black bears. The next day someone came across what they thought was a paw print about 200ft from my tent.

Predatory black bears will try to catch you by surprise, most you encounter in the wild will bolt the moment they see you. There's a little a firearm or mace can do if the bear is already on top of you.

Never keep food where you sleep and try not to travel alone. Don't turn your back, avoid running, slowly back away, avoid eye contact, make lots of noise if you do stumble across one.
>>
>>3136533
we are talking about the fear of animals eating humans alive
>>
>>3136532
he's standing several feet behind it
>>
>>3136543
>In many languages, the raccoon is named for its characteristic dousing behavior in conjunction with that language's term for bear, for example Waschbär ('wash-bear') in German, Huan Xiong (浣熊 'wash-bear') in Chinese, orsetto lavatore ('little-bear washing') in Italian, and araiguma (アライグマ 'washing-bear') in Japanese. Alternatively, only the washing behavior might be referred to, as in Russian poloskun (пoлocкyн, 'rinser').

i always thought this was cute :3
>>
>>3136353
Hshaha bears in the pyrenees? There aren't hardly if any. But Anyways we all have fears, just don't visit forests that it's known to be bears, which are the majority
>>
I see bears a lot. Black bears mind you. And these horror stories seem so weird to me. Black bears feel more like giant Raccoons and unless it's a mother with cubs they'll just book it when they see you and aren't really even remotely scary from my experience.
My main fear I the Cubs trying to investigate you, they're adorable but I'm terrified of letting them get anywhere remotely close because their moms going to be somewhere nearby and will flip out on you.
Basically I'm wondering if brown bears and grizzly bears and what not are noticeably more dangerous than black bears in terms of behavior. Wouldn't want to let my guard down just because black bears seem so chill.
>>
File: DASH_480.webm (2.99 MB, 480x480)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
It's scary how unpredictable bears are.
>>
File: 1501837251973.jpg (17 KB, 306x165)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>3136468
>>
>>3136502
that doesn't work.

what we do is quickly dump 15 rounds into the chest and its lungs collapse. It could bleed to death, but suffocation is usually faster.
>>
>>3136353
I wish there were bears here so I could justify carrying a 45-70
>>
>>3136356
Black bears will stalk their prey for days before attacking, fight back as hard as you can unless it's a mother and her cubs
>>
>>3136643
>Black bears will stalk their prey for days before attacking
not true in pretty much any black bear attack on a human.

usually they're accustomed to getting food from human sources or they're starving. There are very rare cases where a random bear in the woods attacks a hiker, but those are extremely rare. It's almost always a starving bear in spring or fall, or one looking for food in tents or dumpsters.
>>
>>3136558
What is the camera man even doing so close to it? Is the bear deaf or something?
>>
>>3136651
he's playing tag, slapped it on the ass.

Bears aren't scared of people, they got no reason to run from us outside of hunting season.
>>
>>3136646
Perhaps, you're probably right but there was this attack that happened where I live (Canada) when I was a kid and it will stick with me forever.

Man (maybe more but can't remember) was camping, fishing, etc. in the woods and kept seeing this one black bear who would watch him for the couple days while he was in the woods, despite the man moving to different locations. The same bear followed from a distance and got closer and closer but never enough for him to have a good shot (he did try to do warning shots, which only worked temporarily).

Near the end of his trip, the bear has enough and chases him up a tree, grabbing one of his boots in the process and ripped up his leg pretty bad. The bear would make attempts at getting up the tree but somehow didn't grab him again, not sure how because they are expert climbers.

Somehow managed to stay in the tree for almost two days before a helicopter found him. The man, who was in the woods a lot and seen lots of bears, said it looked healthy and fat from what he could see.

Never ever ever trust a wild animal, especially a bear.
>>
>>3136660
Yeah your black bears are a whole different story, they're larger and more aggressive than the ones in the US where I live.

We had 3 bear attacks in the last 2 weeks in my town in Colorado, but it was just one large male black bear raiding dumpsters and homes. He was identified and shot pretty easily since he was running around town all day every day. Our bears aren't spooky, and don't usually hunt humans. We just get a lot of attacks because there's so much human/bear interaction here.
>>
Black Bears: very scared of humans.
Grizzly Bears: very not scared of humans.
If you are in predator country, you'd be a fool not to bring a sidearm of some description with you.
>>
>>3136673
>Black Bears: very scared of humans.
lol
pretty much never true. Black bears might fuck off if you make noise, but they're not scared. If they leave they'll be walking almost every time. And if you follow they'll gnaw on you. Only real exception is hunting season when they might be scared of you. Probably not though.
>>
>>3136368
Thanks for the good story, anon.
>>
>>3136502
One problem, you don't need to shoot a bear in the head. In the context of hunting, a quartering away shot through the lungs and maybe the heart will usually do the trick.
>>
>>3136468
hunting and defense against a charge are 2 different things
but I can confirm 22lr can kill a bear with a lung shot, it just takes a long time to die
>>
>>3136521
gif and search rekt
>>
>>3136687
>but I can confirm 22lr can kill a bear with a lung shot, it just takes a long time to die
exactly

.22 isn't legal to hunt bear but historically hunting laws didn't exist, .22 was the most common rifle on hand, and dumping a box of lead into the bear was just as effective as a couple loads of buckshot to the chest.

it works, and it's been used countless times. Not the fastest way to drop a bear, but easily the most common back in the day.
>>
>>3136643
I think you got it mixed up with polar bears cause that's exactly what they do. Black bears are usually scavengers due to their presence around urban areas.
>>
>>3136692
He's in Canada. Their black bears are a different animal
>>
>>3136353
This kind of shit is why gun control is bullshit. If everybody had a state provided gun then we as a species on the top of the foodchain wouldn't be embarassingly killed by lower life scum like bears.

We have brains, but brains can't fire bullets now can they?
>>
>>3136373
Yeah? But we're modern men. We don't use our body in a natural way. Not even the body builders do.
>>
>>3136707
if everyone had guns you'd be far more likely to be shot to death than killed by a bear. Even with only 1/3 of americans having guns you're still way more likely to be shot by a human than eaten by a bear.

I own guns but you have to admit you're a retard.
>>
>>3136515
Yep ive seen that on /pol/. Before watching the webm I thought it would be a video of a pitbull violently ripping off the guys genitals, but no the dog is slowly nibbling and licking off small bits of flesh and tore off a bit of skin, which i think it a lot worse than quick violent mauling.
>>
>>3136359
Most of that is people sleeping with food in their tents. Black bears are pretty skittish.
>>
>>3136363
Dude chased it off just by screaming at it
>>
>>3136731
Should have started the lawn mower.
>>
>>3136709
If everyone had guns in civilized communities, homicide rates remain the same. The only difference is that some mentally-ill nigger would shoot you instead of bomb you/stab you/ burn your house down while you are asleep. The thing about having guns is that you have the ability to preserve your own life if you are far away from police presence. Yes, it is unlikely that your life will be threatened by a wild animal or some deranged killer out there in rural areas. But it is, in my opinion, priceless that an individual has the ability to protect themselves in that situation with a firearm. Also the ability to protect family and resources in times of crisis is what the firearm can provide. Look at the state of the bahamas right now after hurricane damage. Only people with firearms are able to have some form of control over their lives and resources. Everyone having a firearm is better worth having an increase in gun-homicides while the overall homidice rate remains exactly the same. Homicide rates could even plummet because criminals think twice before acting like chimps.
>>
File: 1558162114710.jpg (147 KB, 600x534)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>3136373
>they can't really attack and run at the same time
>>
>>3136353
Mum, it's not hurting anymore. I don't feel the pain. Forgive me for everything. I love you so much.
>>
>>3136692
No, if it's a polar bear, you are 100% fucked and it's almost guaranteed you're not walking away. People up north don't lock any doors and will have guns right beside their doors because it's common for polar bears to come into town and you need to get out of there FAST

If you see a polar bear, run and pray to God you survive

> t. Family in the Yukon, Northern Manitoba, and Nunavut

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/polar-bear-management-arviat-1.4904164
>>
>>3136732
I've worked with park rangers and got to help them relocate bears more than once. The process involves us just standing there screaming "GO AWAY BEAR! FUCK YOU BEAR!" while dogs bark
>>
>>3136737
IMO that phonecall might just be more horrible and distressing than what happened to Timothy Treadwell.
>>
>>3136353
>Bears scare the shit out of me
They should. Any animal that can seriously fuck you up should scare you.
>>
>>3136731
Wow, a guy scared a bear that is not hungry by screaming. Now try that with a hungry one.
>>
>>3136380
Buck will do shit though.
>>
>>3136477
Did you missed the part where it already ate the entire family already?
>>
>>3136353
>Bears in the Pyrenees
Do you mean the half dozen Slovenian bears that were released and that barely bother even the shepherds who stay in the mountains half of the year? I live close to the mountains, I've probably been in much more remote areas than you would have as a tourist, and I've never seen so much as a bear shit. Same goes for wolves. There is no such thing as dangerous animals in Europe (if you don't go and be retarded enough to get bitten by a viper). If you insist on being a little bitch, pepperspray is enough, and it would be enough too in some place with grizzlys. Are you scared of going outside of your house? Because the likelihood of getting stabbed or ran over is much stronger than even meeting a bear at all.
>>
>>3136372
He lives in Britbong land.
>>
>>3136353
>If a bear wants to kill you and you don't have a powerful shotgun, you are dead. You cant fight the bear because of how much physically stronger it is, it can crush your head in an instant or kill you with one slash of its claws. You cant even run away because bears are extremely fast on the ground. You have no hope

https://mycountry955.com/the-wyoming-man-who-killed-a-grizzly-bear-with-his-hands-and-teeth/
>>
>>3136975
https://metro.co.uk/2013/05/27/shepherd-kills-brown-bear-with-his-bare-hands-after-squeezing-its-throat-3810110/
>>
Reminder that if you find a black bear and don't to die, then you should chimp the fuck out because studies show that the bear will understand that you are autistic and feel pity for you or it'll eat you, but also out of pity for you being retarded.
>>
>>3136733
>If everyone had guns in civilized communities, homicide rates remain the same
no way, because every conflict would now have a deadly step easily available so where 2 idiots would normally decide to go at each other with fists they'd pull their guns out instead
>>
File: 1499440083496.png (94 KB, 796x1082)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>
>>3136353
You're in less danger from a bear than your fellow humans. Bears are far less likely to attack you, especially if you follow simple guidelines.
>>
>>3137198
Bless you, pepebro
>>
File: 1506628728923.jpg (42 KB, 447x406)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>3137223
>>
File: 1556556046964.jpg (28 KB, 387x464)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>3137226
>>
Bears don't care about you as long as you aren't a retard trying to annoy them. You can scare them off with a sealed tin can and some coins inside of it.

If you want something guaranteed to make them fuck off buy a .44 revolver.
>>
>>3136363
It depends on whether you're currently holding an AR-10 or (worse) AR-15 chambered in .450 Bushmaster/.458 SOCOM/12.7x42mm. And if you have the rifle aimed at the bear by this point and are in the process of flicking the safety selector lever from safe to semi and unloading your magazine.
>>
>>3137221
Doesn't matter. They are still dangerous if you are close to them.
>>
>>3137194
Darwinism at work.
>>
>>3137194
No, that is not how it works. Your simpleton brain might believe that is how it will go down but it won't. Regular people, yes even idiots, don't just pull out a gun if they get mad, especially f they know everyone else in a community also has guns. That knowledge that pulling out his gun can result in his own death is a deterrent.
>>
>>3137493
Unless it's a nigger.
>>
>>3137493
it wouldn't act as enough of a deterrent, if you and I were in the same room arguing and I can see your gun in it's holster all I would have to do it draw my gun quickly and pop you in the head before you even have your hand on yours. if everyone had to keep their guns in their hand at all times maybe you could be right, but catching someone you're psycho mad at, or even someone you want to steal from off guard would become too easy and simple. which equals more deaths, people don't always respond to potential threats by backing off it's called fight or flight bro
>>
>>3136391
The problem isn't killing the bear, even a few .22 will kill the bear eventually, the problem is killing the bear BEFORE he can kill or seriously injure you. There have been plenty of accounts of humans getting shot with 5+ pistol rounds and still keeping going for a dozen or two seconds, which is more than enough to stab someone or fire back. With a 9mm or even .45 the bear will keep trucking long enough to bite your arm off, considering the range at which it is likely you'd engage a bear in a self-defence situation. You need to cause enough shock and/or sudden blood loss that the bear stops within a few seconds at most.

I don't live near bears but if I did I'd unironically carry a shotgun with high brass rounds or even a straight up .458 semi auto, both carried front for quick access. Yeah might not ever be needed but fuck risking a horrible death because "nah bro a pistol is much more handy I'm lazy".
>>
>>3137695
>I don't live near bears but
I mean honestly that's 99% of the people talking here.

I live near bears and I'm telling you people don't go packing guns all over here. Because some 17 year old pimply 4chan dude with a gun is way scarier than a bear, and we're not only going to watch you very carefully but we might just grab a gun in case we need to shoot you.

bears aren't a serious threat. You might be.
>>
>>3137561
> all I would have to do it draw my gun quickly and pop you in the head before you even have your hand on yours.
Why would you even do that though unless you were an insane murderer? The average person is not an insane murderer. Average everyday people won't do that. An insane murderer will find a way to murder others regardless of whether they have a gun or not.
>>
>>3137495
Well yes, niggers are outliers in civilized countries. If we got rid of niggers, murders, gun crimes, all crimes will drop dramatically.
>>
>>3137703
not all murders are committed by insane murderers, that's the point. in the heat of the moment people do all sorts of typically unexpected things, and a gun is an ultimate temptation. normalizing it doesn't take the danger away, just look at all the drivers who don't give a fuck about road safety. should cars be banned? no, should everyone be driving? also no, and it's the same with guns on an inarguably more dangerous scale
>>
File: bearwalkingbybus.gif (2.52 MB, 480x270)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB GIF
>>3136558
>>
File: 1565605513959.jpg (79 KB, 1024x576)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>3137226
>>
>>3136468
>It will penetrate and then bounce around in the skull
>>
>>3136971
>Oi, that bear has a knife
And the bobbies take him down.
>>
>>3136353
why would bear want to kill me?
>>
File: a52.jpg (86 KB, 400x400)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>3137795
Because you're un-bear-able.
>>
>>3137806
Carlos!
>>
>>3136544
I camped outside Grand Teton a while back and couldn't sleep because I was worried about bears. No fucking joke I saw THREE seperate grizzly bears the next day. Decided to stay in a hotel after that.
>>
>>3136557
Black bears have injured and killed far more people in the US than grizzlies.
>>
As long as you act properly in the event of an encounter and don't do anything stupid, you're relatively safe.
Even if a bear does decide to attack you, bear spray works pretty well. As soon as it gets a face full of liquid hell it'll fuck off and leave you alone.
>>
>>3137871
>bear spray
I'll take my chances with my .45
>>
Bears are chill as long as you don’t spook them. Just be noisy or wear a bell when you go out.
Cougars though. Cougars are scary.
>>
File: 1537672601291.png (658 KB, 1155x1020)
658 KB
658 KB PNG
>>3137194
the most gruesome, barbaric, hideous things humans have ever done to one another have been when the victims were disarmed.
>>
>>3137561
The force of the law is a deterrent then, including the death penalty
>>
>>3137773
>>3137786
lol
>>
File: file.png (611 KB, 670x350)
611 KB
611 KB PNG
Fair of beers
>>
>>3137760
Dangerous driving due to being overconfident is not equivalent to bringing out a loaded gun, cocking it, and firing it at someone you don't like. You have to be unstable to do that. That is more equivalent to someone intentionally swerving into a person on the street, killing them in the process. That results from murderous insanity. Simply having a gun on hand doesn't make regular people more likely to want to kill each other you fucking brainlet.
>>
>>3136516
Proof?
>>
>>3138134
>Simply having a gun on hand doesn't make regular people more likely to want to kill each other you fucking brainlet.
it could but setting that aside, your idea of everyone having a gun makes it easier for non regular people, which logically would result in more deaths. this is not debatable, you can't argue that having a gun yourself is a guaranteed deterrent against someone with killing intent who also has a gun

a world where a fraction of unstable people have guns is safer than one where all unstable people have guns, regardless of how many guns stable people have in "defense"

>>3137912
>if both are armed, the field is level
literally bullshit, because as anon I replied to stated, regular people won't become more likely to use the deadly force of a gun

also lets imagine a bear being able to use a gun
>>
File: bears.png (556 KB, 1119x602)
556 KB
556 KB PNG
>>3137866
That's not saying much though considering black bears are far more numerous in the US. Grizzlies are isolated to Alaska and Yellowstone mostly.
>>
>>3138182
true, but it doesn't point to black bears being safe and cowardly either. They're not as dangerous as grizzlies but they still manage to maul people with regularity.
>>
>>3136370
What are those snub wide barrel bear killer revolvers called?
>>
>>3138391
Redhawk alaskan or raging bull snubnose?
>>
>>3136353
>Live on England where there are no predators

Come on mate, who are you kidding? We've got brown child predators everywhere.
>>
>>3138161
>you can't argue that having a gun yourself is a guaranteed deterrent against someone with killing intent who also has a gun
No one is arguing that, the point is that the individual has a chance to use a gun to defend themselves, their family, their resources, or their property at all. If only criminals with intent to harm had guns, then innocent people have a massively reduced chance to defend themselves.
>a world where a fraction of unstable people have guns is safer than one where all unstable people have guns, regardless of how many guns stable people have in "defense"
Debateable. And in the end unstable people are in a minority and it would be great if everyone could have a chance to defend themselves against unstable people. A perfect utopia doesn't exist and will never exist, and in this scenario letting all people have guns is a good thing.
>>
>>3136380
Alaskans use 12ga slugs
>>
>>3138654
But we can't walk around with a loaded shotgun through their territory...
>>
>>3137760
>That projection
Sorry you have shitty impulse control
>>
>>3137561
>what is the 21 foot rule
Shouldn't you be in class Tommy?
>>
I'm afraid as fuck of bears. I live in Australia and I'd gladly take all the shit we have over here against an actual giant fucking murder machine that will 100% kill you if it feels like it. Here most of the stuff will at least try to leave you alone first
>>
>>3136558
Bears and retards are both unpredictable which is why I'm scared of both.
>>
>>3139428
Bears are chill.

https://youtu.be/rbE53XUtVw0
>>
>>3136737
YAMATEEE
>>
File: U5bAR.jpg (57 KB, 520x390)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>3136353
>>
>>3136353
You're more likely to get killed by a fucking tick, learn some relativism.
>>
just tell him to go away
"Go away bear!" maybe call him a fat idiot
>>
>>3139469
I'm sure this fact will be a great consolation when a bear is eating your head.
>>
>>3139543
It will be of great consolation when that never happens, as the number of people killed by bear attacks is tiny. If you're going to worry about dying, worry about cancer, not bears.
>>
>>3139561
>worry about cancer, not bears.
for 4chan's age range and socioeconomic status suicide is a much larger danger.
>>
>>3139564
>Heart disease: 647,457
>Cancer: 599,108
>Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
>Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
>Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
>Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
>Diabetes: 83,564
>Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
>Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
>Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Nah, considering all the fat weebs though, heart problems and diabetes might be.
>>
>>3139566
>stats not adjusted to age, sex, education, and gun ownership
If you make it past 50 suicide ceases to be your biggest risk and cardiovascular disease takes over.

I'm pretty sure you're not past 50
>>
>>3139567
Suicide is never your biggest risk, at any age.
>>
>>3139569
You can actually google this stuff if you like.

You'll learn something, but it's ok to learn things.
>>
>>3139579
I did, but if you want me to spell it out for you:
Most common causes of death ages 15-24
>Accidents 41%
>Suicide 18%
>>
>>3139582
>singles out age
>ignores gender, education, gun ownership
I don't have time to trifle with you, moron
>>
>>3139584
>textbook goalpost mover

Gender: Men die by suicide more, but also by accident due to risk taking behaviour.
Education: Higher educated people have higher chance to die by suicide, but you have no evidence that 4chan's user base is higher educated than average.
Gun ownership: 4chan's user-base has a lower rate of gun ownership than the US average, because half of 4chan is European.
>>
>>3139588
>>textbook goalpost mover
My first post directly referenced 4chan demographics, and every post after it as well.

this is why I think you're retarded. Perhaps you're drunk or something. I hope so because if you're actually this stupid you're not going to be any better in the morning.
>>
>>3139592
I think it's about time you come up with an argument as to why 4chan's demographics would be so much more likely to commit suicide. Other than being mostly male, which also increases accident risk.
>>
File: vSa5JnLp.jpeg.jpg (12 KB, 400x400)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>3136353
this caused my fear of bears
>>
>>3137773
is he mocking them?
>>
File: 1536882907338.gif (321 KB, 500x281)
321 KB
321 KB GIF
>>3136541
what are the two big bear after the polar bear?
>>
>>3139707
Grizzly, then Brown.
>>
File: 1557797060747.jpg (23 KB, 540x539)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>3136737
I didn't need to be reminded of this
>>
>>3136558
what the fuck was this retard's endgame?
>>
>>3139588
>but you have no evidence that 4chan's user base is higher educated than average.

It used to be back when it was more tabboo to visit. It kept the normies away, and there's no chance of an actual retard finding their way here.
>>
>>3139786
Ultimate shit fetish.
>>
>>3140066
>there's no chance of an actual retard finding their way here.
>>>/pol/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/soc/
>doubt.bmp
>>
>>3140070
Those were made after the legacy media boomers stopped telling everyone that 4chan is full of CP peddling mega rapists.
>>
File: 1566958502805.webm (2.9 MB, 406x720)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>
>>3140071
Well those days were shitshows too. The GMA/Jessie Slaughter scandal alone jumped the retard population sky high. The hobby boards generally fared better than the main boards (like /b/ and /v/). But over time a noticeable drift has set in. The move to 4channel probably helped a lot, as did paid mods, but plenty of retards manage to find their way in.
>>
>>3136693
Different but intruiged anon. How so? Are they different from the Maine black bear population? Cucks around here bait bears and shoot them.
>>
>>3140191
yes, they're also different within Canada itself

the further north you go in Black Bear range the more human attacks you see per capita and generally the larger the bears are. There's also the matter of hibernation, with bears being more likely to hibernate and hibernate longer the further north you go.

the aggression may just be due to lack of human contact though. The further north you go the less people there are, and the less the bears are hunted.
>>
File: bear_hunting_reindeer.jpg (18 KB, 308x179)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Having evolved to be opportunistic feeders, bears lack the instinct to go for the throat like an ambush predator would - meaning they'll eat you alive if they haven't already crushed your skull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SqqG_LUss0
>>
>>3136368
holy shit, i didn't know Japan has basically their version of a grizzly
>>
>>3136373
>they can't really attack and run at the same time
>what is a tackle?
>inb4 I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>3136353
Food for thought, bear mace is as effective as a gun but its underrated. It was created by someone who used pepperspray to fend off a brown bear changing him.
>>
>>3140529
Either that mama bear is on the smaller side or caribou get much bigger than I thought.
>>
>>3136660
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/dota2_gamepedia/8/83/Legcom_rival_35.mp3
>>
>>3140861
rip ears
>>
>>3136548
>only the washing behavior might be referred to, as in Russian poloskun (пoлocкyн, 'rinser').
It's actually 'eнoт-пoлocкyн' (rinser raccoon)
>>
File: Fate sealed.jpg (39 KB, 750x751)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>3136558
He was just thinking about fight or flight :^)
>>
>>3140081
this is the perfect op shoot that bear if bow hunting
>>
File: touching spirit bear.jpg (36 KB, 309x499)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>
>>3137194
Yes way. Go read up on Kennesaw GA. When they decided to pass a law stating everyone must own a gun there idiots said the same shit you just typed. People predicted it would look like the old west in under a year yet that never happened. Petty crime fell and the only gun related death in over 10 years was from a retarded out of towner who accidentally shot himself.
>>
>>3136867
They have to be absolutely fucking starving to try to eat a human. Fighting requires energy and bears save that for territory and fuck fights. I've worked in bear country enough years to know how they behave. I have helped relocate over a dozen bears while working in Alaska and Yellowstone. You are more likely to be killed by a hikers off leash shitbull.
>>
>>3136468
>In real life the most common round used to kill bears historically has been the .22lr
I guess tickling them to death is one way to do it.
>>
>>3136558
>ride up on a bears ass
>bear gets defensive
yeah wow talk about unpredictable
>>
>>3136707
based
>>3136709
cringe
>>
File: 1556143136718.jpg (211 KB, 512x512)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>3140082
>paid mods,
>helped
>>
File: Noah.jpg (601 KB, 1100x737)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTw7qps1WG8
>>
>>3137698
>pimply
I hate how it's totally socially acceptable to bully people like me just because we have bad skin through no fault of our own, but dare to mention that you're massively more likely to get shot up by some random nigger and suddenly prejudging people on the basis of statistics is bad.
>>
most bears don't worry about killing you, they just start eating you
>>
File: bigCat_1379469c.jpg (14 KB, 460x288)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>3136353
>I am fortunate to live in England where there are no predators so I can roam the countryside freely without fear of being killed by an animal.
>>
>>3137773
"Huehuehue, looky me Imma human".~
>>
>>3136532
He showed that cia nigger alright
>>
I live in Canada, close to the rocky mountains and my father always told me if I go out into the woods I need to bring either bear spray or a 12 gauge loaded with slugs to defend myself. The thing is with the shotty is you can't shoot the bear until it's basically right in front of you, otherwise it'll just bounce off its thick skull. I haven't experienced if myself but he told me a story, all you see is this giant creature charging at you on all fours, fast as lightning, with its hair blowing in the wind. Scary shit.
>>
>>3136391

my father put a slug into a grizzly bear's skull while he was ATV joyriding in Smithers, British Columbia a couple years back. Scared off the cub the grizz had and putting it down mid-charge.

that was at the start of the day on a rocky slide hillside south of the town. On his way back, he intended to take GPS coordinates of the bear's location after he was sure it was dead, so he could report it to DFO.

He came back almost 4 hours later and the bear was gone. There was a bit of blood where he had shot it, but not enough for it to have died there. that bear took a slug to the head and didn't die.
>>
>>3136691

you know what was also common bad in the day? Dying of cholera and the Flu. Don't be a retard,
>>
>>3136353
he so cute I wanna cuddle and tell him its all ok he can eat blueberry pancakes with me
>>
>>3137306
You’re so badass
>>
Bears are some of the most expressive non primates I've ever seen.
>>
And Surprisingly cute too!
>>
>>3144922
Was he going to put the cub down too or just leave it to die slowly in the wilderness?
>>
>>3136737
S-source?
>>
>>3136468
No gunz spotted.
>de 22 bounces around cuz it the best duuuurrrrrrrr
>>
>>3142756
have you ever heard of any mountain people murder / disappearance stories?
>>
File: WoRKQ3I.jpg (72 KB, 351x537)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>3145530
>>
>>3145680
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/265455/Bear-s-eating-me-girl-told-mum-in-call
>>
>>3136368
Sounds like you could turn it into a season of The Terror
>>
>>3136368
This is depicted in Silver Fang/Ginga Nagareboshi Gin. The scene freaked me the fuck out as a kid
>>
>>3136368
Sounds like you could turn it into a season of The Terror
>>
Would 14mm aa or at guns be good on bears?
>>
File: 1384585628233.png (174 KB, 303x297)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>3136368
> According to contemporary descriptions the scene resembled a slaughterhouse, with blood puddled on the farmhouse floor.
>After the bear had fled, the hunters scouted the area and discovered dried blood on the snow at the base of a Sakhalin fir tree. Beneath the snow was the corpse of Mayu with only the head and parts of the legs remaining.
>She heard a rumbling noise outside, but before she could investigate, the bear broke through a window and entered the house. The cook pot on the hearth was overturned, dousing the flames, and in the ensuing panic the oil lamp was put out as well, plunging the house into darkness. Yayo tried to flee the house, but her second son, Yūjirō, clung to her legs, tripping her as she ran.
>Next to be targeted was Take, Saitō Ishigorō's pregnant wife. She too was attacked, killed, and eaten.
This is a fucking horror story.
>>
I love bears <:)
>>
>>3136353
>live in England
Legit lolled hard. Anglos and their childish fear of woods.
>>
>>3136541
Man the panda really let the family down didn't it.
>>
>>3136789
this is dumb as fuck, theres not many polar bears and there isn't much cover up there for them to hide. Just get a 308 and blast the ones dumb enough to walk into town
>>
>>3146732
I'd really like to see some heavier ammunition used on grizzlies. For science. .50 bmg, 14mm, 20mm, 30mm, rocket launchers, hand grenades... hell, even small arms magdumped on full auto
>>
>>3136691
actually 1 shot of 22 behind the shoulder will kill a bear in about 5 minutes. the lung that gets punched fills up with blood pretty fast, but a bear can go on one lung for a bit, eventually the blood spills over into the other lung as well. The adrenaline dump means they take off pretty fast, but once it wears off they're gonna bed down and die on the spot.
crazy Vietnam vets will go out and poach an animal just to win an arguement with teenagers
>>
Reminder that an army trained a bear to do stuff and gave him a title
>>
>>3136373
>easy 35kph
Are you high?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.