[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: puppy-dog.jpg (183 KB, 782x529)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
Old Thread: >>3069950

Summer is in full swing. The fireworks are over, but your /dog/ isn't.

Dog food review site - https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com

Puppy guide - http://drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?articleid=1449

Discord: https://discord.gg/3xGbBG2

>What should I feed my dog?
>What breed of dog should I get?
>How do I train my dog?
>Rate my dog!
>Should I bring my dog to a vet?
>What breed is my dog?
>What toys should I get my dog?
>My dog is doing x, what do I do?
>Where do I get a dog?
>How do I take care of a puppy?
>How do I house train a dog?
>Can my dog eat this?
>Let me blog post!
And much more!
>>
File: 20190525_134602.jpg (1.3 MB, 2576x1932)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
Rate my dog
>>
>>3077147
Flip the image/10
>>
>>3077144
Had to put my favourite dog down yesterday. He'd never chased anything bigger than a moth and never showed any aggression towards anything, except the odd fear of bigger dogs. He was too chilled out and lazy for intensive training so we half-arsed too much of it. Then completely out of the blue he attacked and nearly killed one of our alpacas.

All you fellow dog lovers please be more careful than I was, because this shit really fucking sucks.
>>
>Rate my dog.

Get used to seeing her stupid face, because I officially love this idiot.

She picked up her rope toy by herself last night. Progress!
>>
File: IMG_20190708_214022.jpg (3.51 MB, 4864x2736)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB JPG
>>3077179
Dropped my pic.
>>
I need help with a dog I recently adopted. She's a four year old boxer, old owner was abusive and she was at a rescue for a year before I got her.

She's supposed to be house trained, and I expected some difficulties transitioning to a new home so it's no problem if there's some accidents but she simply rarely goes when outside. When she goes indoors, it's always during a moment we let her out of her eyesight and when we discover it, it's too late to try and teach her that indoors is no good. Should I just keep being patient and expect it will go away if this dog truly is house trained? How can I teach my dog if she's doing it when we're gone or not looking?
>>
File: 5238.jpg (91 KB, 672x505)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Don't rate my dog. Adopted her just 5 days ago. Don't know the breed, she's labelled as 'hound.' I love her so much! She might be barely a year old, yet it's surprising how many things are "firsts" and new to her, like stairs, treats, both human beds and dog beds, a yard full of critters and plants, leash, toys, etc. She certainly learns quickly though, and now she's picked out favorite toys and picks out each one to match the occasion. For another example she's so quiet, she barked just once today in guard dog mode at a neighbor dog and surprised herself by the sound. Yet she's so social and just loves to make friends, loving my intolerable pre-K niece and nephew, loving my whole family, and even everyone and every animal at the vet. We've been building wonderful communication and she seems as happy as I am with our progress already. It can be tricky at times as she's so smell based and as a human I just can't be as smell based but when the training clicks for her, you can visibly see her joy.
>>
>>3077320
Idk the breed but I had one of those before. For maximum pleasure use the extra chunky peanut butter they tend to like it and don't be afraid to get in there!!
>>
It's too hot outside anons. I already can't wait for fall..

>>3077179
That's great to hear, anon! I'm glad she's coming out of her shell some more.

>>3077283
>Should I just keep being patient and expect it will go away if this dog truly is house trained?
Yes.
>How can I teach my dog if she's doing it when we're gone or not looking?
Treat her like you would a puppy in need of house training. Supervise heavily, if you're not watching her, crate her (crate train so that the crate is a comfy place she can rest/eat a chew or stuffed Kong.) Take her out every couple of hours, praise and reward when she goes outside. Accept that any indoor accidents are just a failure to supervise closely enough/read her signals that she might need to go, and clean them up without making a fuss. Patience and time, and rewarding heavily for going outside, will eventually get you a nicely housetrained dog. Good luck!

>>3077320
Congrats on your new dog, anon! It sounds like she's settling in great.
>>
File: 26230.jpg (36 KB, 660x440)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Please help me guys, I'm going crazy and I'm very insecure about what decision to make for this, my fears are eating me alive.

It's been one of my life's dreams since I was young to get a dog. I want a fluffy companion I can pamper and play games with and train, a creature that will return real affection like a friend. A companion I can take out for walks and feel free around. I used to always plead with my parents for a dog, like a typical immature child.

However when I was a teenager, I was very sick. I was informed while I was stuck mid-way in a hospital for around 2 months that my grandparents were getting me a dog- a German Shepherd puppy. To an uninformed teenager, it seemed amazing. But my body and my mind weren't prepared for that level of energy and that amount of work when I returned home.

I remember how fucking hard I cried when I had to admit to my family I couldn't take care of that puppy. It kills me to this day that I let down everyone and that dog, all because I was too stupid and reckless. To be fair it was just a dream- one I didn't expect to become a sudden reality, but its not an excuse.

Now here I am. I'm an adult living successfully with a few friends, and they're all cool with the idea of getting a dog. But I'm fucking terrified I won't be able to handle it.
I don't exercise much mostly because I don't have anyone to walk with during the day. But I've saved up so much money and I've done so much research, mostly out of paranoia. What should I do? What happens if I fail again? It kills me inside to imagine that my dream could inconvenience my friends and another dog at a large cost. I feel like its one of the largest hurdles in my life as someone who wants to become firm and reliable, to move on from my immature past self and make an animal happy. But I'm fucking scared. What do I do?

TL;DR- Past experiences have made me horrified of the responsibility of getting a dog, even though I so desperately want one. How do I solve this issue?
>>
>>3077378
Anon, the very fact that you're worried about this shows me that you're taking the responsibility seriously. You're not a kid anymore. You've researched, saved, and prepared. As long as you're realistic about your abilities and expectations, and you get a dog that suits your lifestyle, I think you're good. Go ahead and get the dog, buddy. It'll be ok.
>>
>>3077378
Not to shit on your parents or grandparents here, but this was entirely their fault. They got a high-maintenance breed, as a puppy, and handed it to a sick teenager to solely care for.
You did the right thing by acknowledging then that you couldn't handle it, and likely saved that puppy a lot of frustration in it's life.

If you're really worried about the effort that goes into training a small puppy, consider adopting an older puppy (around a year) who already has some basic training - you'll be able to better gauge it's individual it's personality and energy requirements.
>>
File: IMG_20190709_065821371.jpg (1.56 MB, 3264x2448)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>3077320
He's very handsome. Hounds should be very happy go lucky and curious to point of a fault. Glad he's making your famjam happy!! Looks a whole lot like a Foxhound x Bloodhound cross that frequents our dog park.

>>3077328
>Too hot outside

If the humidity would fuck off it wouldn't be so bad here, but 34°C and 92% humidity causes Wrecks and Chloe to start over heating in under 15 mins.
Guess we're going to spend lots of time around the lakes too.

>>3077378
Seems like you'll do great to me. Just research a bunch of breeds for traits you want and pick the most fitting.
As others have said if you don't think you're ready for the puppy stage start visiting shelters and making friends with some dogs that need a home and pick the best fit.
>>
>>3077283
>your dog is not trained
>do the generic puppy training:
>set alarm to every full hour
>go outside on every full hour
>play with dog a bit until it does it's bizniz
>reward heavily with play and food and pats after
>stay outside and play after at least for 15mins so that the dog does not form the connection: we go back inside as soon as I shit/piss so I'll keep it in as long as I can so I can stay outside!
>if it makes that connection, it can even lead to your dog becoming a stealth shitter-pisser who shits/pisses behind the couch when you ain't looking for fear of consequences
>basic idea of my approach: get a schedule of play-exercise-rest-feeding-etc. this will make your dog's routine and shits-pisses predictable to within say 20mins. this will make everything very much easier for you to handle, especially if the dog has to stay at home alone for a few hours. when going outside, make it so the dog WANTS to relieve itself as soon as possible so it can horse around and have fun playing. reward when it does heavily with treats, fetch, tug, play wrestling or whatever else your dog loves most.
>if you really WANT to make your dog shit, some wettish food like half a hotdog or a piece of bacon as well as just general exercise like running around get's their intestines going
>but the most important thing is ther carefully planned schedule your dog can rely on every day
>my dog shits and pisses within 5mins out of the door in the mornings and then a second time 70-90mins or so after we started playing. that's all the shit breaks she needs in a day.
>>
What can I do if my dog doesn't like to play at all and just lazes around the house and on my bed?
>>
>>3077378
Get a smoll sweety!
Big dogs = bigger responsibilities and bigger needs
We have a Malteser and those dogs r sooo loving and sweet

(Our doggo in pic)
>>
>>3077737
Take it outside and let it laze outside, even the lazy ones like walking around or running for smaller amounts of time, my dog is super chill and relaxed, but i always walk him everyday, and play with him so he gets tuckered out, don't let them be literal couch potatos, cause fat dogs is just as much abuse as people who refuses to give them attention.
>>
>>3077737
go see a vet, it's not normal for dogs to not want to play and be active.
>>
Best flat faced breed that isn't unethical to breed like pugs are?
>>
>>3077744
He's not fat at all. I'm able to feel his ribs, but not see them or anything. Healthy weight. I take him on walks and the like, but he just doesn't like playing.
>>3077746
I didn't think it was that serious as he was always like this ever since we got him a couple of months ago. I'll take him to the vet ASAP.
>>
File: Eevee.jpg (1.43 MB, 2592x1456)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>3077750
>I didn't think it was that serious as he was always like this ever since we got him a couple of months ago. I'll take him to the vet ASAP.

that' the point, if the dog was always lethargic etc., it may have a hormonal regulatory problem like say low degree of Diabetes insipidus as well as many other diseases. dogs love to be active, even the often maligned PUGE will run like crazy if given the chance - go look it up on YT and see for yourself. same goes for the Maltesers of >>3077742 - the ones I know spend hours in full stretch flying through the air at the dog park.
>>
>>3077763
A blood panel is always a good idea, but it could also be a perfectly healthy low energy dog. Not all dogs fit into one box.
>>
I've got a pretty unimportant question which has always bugged me. I've had a few dogs and something I've noticed is that as puppies they would always try to drink alcohol, if I left a beer or something within drinking reach while at a party they would always try drinking it. This habit died out as they got older. Is there a particular reason for this or is this just them trying to drink something while thirsty and eventually learning that alcohol tastes bad or whatever?
>>
>>3077731
Only problem is that with going out every hour, she sometimes goes to the bathroom after we come in. It's hot as fuck, so sometimes they will be excited to go out but then want to come back in.
>>
My dog died a few days ago, 15 years old.

How do I get rid of the lingering guilt I have? I don't mean that I was responsible for his death, just I have this feeling like I could have done more when it was happening, or the feeling of what if he was scared and didn't know what was happening and wanted me to help but all I did was sit there and do nothing?

And of course there's every time I go outside I think I'm gonna see him only to remember he's just not there anymore.
>>
Are pitbulls really aggressive?
>>
>>3078110
only if someone abuse them anon, you treat a pitbull nice and its gonna be the sweetest dog you'll ever have
>>
>>3078110
It depends on the parents, and how you treat it/if it was abused as a puppy. I've met some really sweet pitbulls, and I've met some super fucking dangerous ones.
>>
In a freak accident, today my four month old puppy fell seven feet onto concrete, landing on his head and left leg.

Feels bad /an/ons.
>>
Rate my odd doggo
>>
>>3078110
>Are pitbulls really aggressive?

Part of their breed standard is dog aggression and fearless protection of territory. A friend breeds legit pitbulls (APBT) for guard dogs, and they often times need to be separated before they're 8 weeks old because they stop playing and start fighting to the death.

But I'm sure they come by their nanny dog persona honestly enough.
>>
>>3078004
I lost my dog 10 years ago and that guilty feeling is still there just not as intense. My dog got sick and I took him to the vet, they gave him antibiotics and he started to act better, then a couple days later day I couldn't find him in my apartment. I searched for him and found him curled up in the shower. Got him to the emergency vet and they said he was bleeding internally. He had a cancer that couldn't be detected unless they removed his spleen. I had to put him down. I felt horrible that I didn't/couldn't have known it was such a helpless feeling.
>>
File: 20141001_164820.jpg (1.56 MB, 2448x3264)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>3077144
I've just discovered the Samoyed breed. Great dogs but you better love fur! Here's my guy Boris.
>>
>>3077176
It's a fucking alpaca, who cares? Can't believe you killed your dog over a non-human attack. Retard.
>>
File: 1.jpg (2.44 MB, 2249x3233)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>3078500
>I've just discovered the Samoyed breed.
>Here's my guy Boris.

the fuck?
>>
I love listening to my dog's late morning rocked-out snooze after our 2 hour early morning walk+play.
>>
File: IMG_20190711_101219432.jpg (2.91 MB, 3264x2448)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
>>3078500
They're awesome dogs, but the spring coat blowout is fucking real. My mate looks like he's wearing a Spitz fur coat whenever his pup starts the shed.

My son trying to stack Wrecks the wrong direction, because fuck confirmation.
>>
>>3078495
They were never bred to protect territory and most make shit guard dogs.animal aggression and human aggression are two separate things
>>
Been teaching Reagan frisbee https://youtu.be/N6qyZIPJ84w
https://youtu.be/cazgwERIKZA
>>
File: doggy cross fit supplies.jpg (1.39 MB, 5664x4248)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>3078674
use a soft rubber KONG Flyer or COLLAR Flyber frisbee instead. those shitty hard plastic ones will shredd their gums and break teeth.
>>
>>3078716
Both of those don’t fly well I use this Hyperflite Jawz Disc, 8-3/4-Inch, Blueberry https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CM3O6G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GX2jDbVST1T5X
And
Hyperflite K-10 Competition Standard Dog Disc,multi,6 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SVTLCM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YY2jDbX8Y7WDG
>>
>>3078794
>Both of those don’t fly well

they fly plenty well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8HfrKFrS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuZ5xsb-Mr8
>>
Those work great for shorter distance throws but you can’t get them to fly forty or fifty yards, your dog is very acrobatic in the air https://youtu.be/4Q0pvh102yg
>>
>>3077144
Is leaving your dogs alone outside in the heat illegal? Scaled my neighbour's fence to give them water and I'm debating the odds the cops get called for trespassing.
>>
File: MVIMG_20190711_133438.jpg (1.47 MB, 1498x2002)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
Ravi found a baby bird in the yard today. He was terrified of it, trembling and shaking. It peeped at him and he barked. I put it back in the nest and he's still sniffing around the spot.

>>3078811
I wish Ravi gave a shit about frisbees, or even balls. The only thing he likes to chase around are other dogs. He really doesn't care for toys at all unless they're something he can get food out of or chew, or cheap stuffed animals he likes to absolutely destroy like once a week. It's hard to wear him out this way.

>>3078875
Assuming you're in the US, yeah, it's illegal. Is it in the sun, or is it covered? Chances are if you get the cops called on you for trespassing, they'll just tell you to like, not do it again, basically. If you explain the situation, they'll talk to the neighbors. I'm also assuming these are reasonable cops.
>>
>>3078890
Canada. They weren't sun covered. I'm just worried about things escalating since I'm generally scared of people. My mum says I did the wrong thing and that I should run back to get the bowl before they come home. I was just scared they were gonna die or something.
>>
>>3078900
Nah, you did the right thing, especially if the dog was left in the sun. Maybe the bowl will make them think twice about it.
>>
File: 1520178745.jpg (39 KB, 600x399)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>3078890
>The only thing he likes to chase around are other dogs.

then let him do that. but ofc you can teach a dog to like playing with toys, especially if they are food motivated. maybe a squeak ball will get his prey drive up already on it's own - it's what I uses as a last resort recall device for my dog and it works perfectly. maybe a big gymnastic ball ad playing Treibball will do (look it up on YT). toys also start being very alluring to some dogs when they are more interactive and involve the owner like pic related. tugging with that (or a plush toy etc.) is great because it involves the reinforcement happening very close to you and through you instead of happening far out and away from you via a ball or frisbee. as with all toys, make sure to start slow and make sure they are safe. you do not want to endanger a dog's teeth like >>3078845
>>3078794 for stupid reasons. if you get the COLLAR Puller use it for 1min twice the first day and go from how your dog's gums react from there.
>>
>>3078900
next time just call the cops to take care of the situation, maybe you are lucky and the nanny state punishes them somehow.
>>
>>3078911
My doge have perfect teeth and gums, fuck you and your floppy flyers
>>
>>3078911
Good lord. Honest question, fucking where did your teeth thing come from? I agree that keeping a dog's teeth is healthy but you are just SO militant and uppity about it, not to mention passive aggressive and insulting to anyone who doesn't share your overkill babying
>>
>>3078911
>maybe a big gymnastic ball ad playing Treibball will do (look it up on YT)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCR0dpQlrnE

if you have a herder, that's a really interesting option.

>>3078917
sure thing mate.
>>
>>3078919
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etIspllK43w
>>
>>3078716
The competition frisbee were made for dogs mouths, they are actually quite soft, my dog can make puncture wounds in the frisbees so I’m not that concerned about it, floppy flyers are for amateurs, get a real dog disc
>>
>>3078716
Then we wouldn’t be able to do this https://youtu.be/vyZniRTaMeQ
>>
how do i prevent dog from humping a young girl. neutering isn’t an option considering I do not mutilate the things I love.
>>
>>3078973
this has got to be bait
>>
>>3078973
Just let it happen the girl probably won’t get pregnant,
>>
File: gudboi.jpg (79 KB, 620x1039)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>3078110
If you get one off the street maybe, I've met plenty that were really sweet and affectionate though. I've never owned one but I do think most of the reputation comes from mistaken identity because Pits look like a lot of other dogs and retards breeding aggressive garbage dogs in the cities. Just find a reputable breeder and I'll reckon you will get a good dog.
>>
File: mukluk.jpg (117 KB, 712x949)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>tfw summer
My girl handles heat better than most Malamutes but still it's too fucking hot out. She still wants to go for walks even if it's (at least) 80°F with no wind.
>>
File: IMG_20190711_191245.jpg (1.6 MB, 3072x4096)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
This is Maggie. It's her 19th birthday.
>>
>>3078918
She's one of those uppity holier than though fur parents. You know, the my dog has feelings like a child and must be treated like a royal baby type.
>>
>>3079164
happy b-day maggie! may you see another 19 in good health!
>>
>>3078500
Pretty dog.

>>3079164
Wow, happy birthday Maggie!
>>
File: IMG_0045.jpg (2.23 MB, 4000x3000)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
>>3079164
7/11 was my girl Lacy's 15th birthday.
>>
>>3078451
tigerdog/10
>>
>>3079433
Lacy is beautiful, anon
>>
>>3079164
Holy moly!! Happy birthday cutie!!

>>3079433
And another well deserved happy birthday. Very regal looking in old age.

>>3079418
I wish Wrecks looked this happy when his tired, but he looks like an Alien with his 10 foot tongue almost dragging on the ground.

Wrecks and Chloe putting in work finding the rats nest I couldn't find. Also, Wrecks is a year old tomorrow ^_^
>>
File: dogue.jpg (97 KB, 543x1200)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>3079433
happy b-day LACY!
>>
>>3078918
>Honest question, fucking where did your teeth thing come from?

from daily experience at the park, on forums, at the vet and here.
>>
>>3079452
>I wish Wrecks looked this happy when his tired

does he like to play tug?
>>
>>3079137
get one of these dog bucket pools.
>>
File: IMG_0191.jpg (2.21 MB, 4000x3000)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>3078004
I lost this boy January 2018, less than 30 days after my dad passed away. I didn't notice anything was wrong right away because we had a bad snowstorm and the streets were too icy to walk the dogs for a good two weeks, so I didn't notice he wasn't really moving from his spot. When I finally was able to walk him I noticed immediately something was wrong and we scheduled a vet appointment. after all the blood tests came back we found out he had kidney cancer (this is what my dad died from). there was nothing that could be done, he quickly got worse. I spent the last week of his life literally only leaving his side to go to the bathroom. I slept beside him on the floor, I carried him outside in the cold for him to go to the bathroom placincg him down and holding him up by his hips. It was fucking rough, but I didn't feel guilty about putting him down because he was suffering terribly. I could see it in his eyes. It was a similar thing with my dad. I only really cried when I found out he had stage 4 renal cancer, not when he passed 2 years later because I was there for those 2 years watching him suffer.
>>
File: 1530555428336.jpg (120 KB, 720x666)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>3079124
>>3078110
pits are dangerous to children, other dogs, cats, other animals and women. but I have not yet met one at the dog park who would not have come back home with me gladly after I gave it some attention and play time. very playful and loving dogs with a knack for wanting to kill other animals but horrible at being a guard dog against full grown men.
>>
File: IMG_20190712_065023136.jpg (1.44 MB, 3264x2448)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>3079455
We play tug almost daily now that he's old enough to really push on the flirt pole.

He just has this insanely long tongue and no control over it. Most dogs when they start to pant just stick the tongue out a little, Wrecks goes full alien hang all the time lol.
>>
>>3079484
ok then. make sure to not let him carry big stuff like wood and sticks around then. dogs that do that and get caught up on shit tend to bite their tongue and if it's really big that may result in a severe injury.
>>
I’m getting my first puppy today (had dogs growing up but it’s been about a decade since I’ve move from home)

It all seems really rushed but I need to get all the supplies after work before I go pick him up.

>Food/water dishes
>Same food as the breeder is feeding him
>kennel
>bed
>treats/training treats?
>puppy safe toys
Am I forgetting anything important for his first weekend home?
I’ve seen in video that I need to brush his teeth, I’ve never done this growing up, what age or how often should I?

Any other puppy advice? I feel like I got a good grasp of most things from YouTube.
>>
>>3079572
Cropped and flipped for easier viewing
>>
File: IMG_20190708_101858758.jpg (3.63 MB, 2448x3264)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
>>3079522
I'm sure he'll be fine, thanks for the concern.

We start gun dog training today and Chloe has decided we should just chill here were the bumper left all the yummy rabbit urine smells...
>>
>>3079572
Collar and lead maybe?

I wouldn't worry so much about treats. I mean get something (single ingredient, high protein preferably) as the "high value" reward, but don't worry so much about training treats. I personally would hand feed the dog the food in place of treats after their settled in, just make sure they're still getting the full portion. I put all 3 of my dogs food in ziploc bags every morning and hand feed them a small breakfast before we head out for the morning exercise. Then I just use the remaining food as the training reward for all the basic reward stuff. I've done this with all my dogs and it seems to really build a great bond.

I brush teeth twice a week and have never had any dental problems in my dogs, but I also feed a lot of raw bone and that's supposed to help.

Take them out to potty lots. Like every 15-20 mins at a maximum, heavy reward when they pee/poop.
Ignore accidents inside, just clean it up and go your way, no point in getting mad at the puppy because it just makes the situation worse.

Good luck with the puppy, I wish this first year with Wrecks had of lasted longer.
>>
>>3079598
Thanks I always forget the collar and leash on my list lol. So your suggesting I hand feed him his meals at first? Also giving him a lil food while training makes way more sense. YouTube made it look like they were giving him a treat every 30 seconds and it didn’t seem right. I’ll get some treats or maybe some deli turkey for the premium rewards then for when he goes outside.

When you say to take him out every 20 mins, is that just to get him used to the yard? My biggest fear is when I grave to go to work Monday and leave him in his kennel. My girl friend can let him out on her lunch break but it still seems like a lot of time left alone.

Wanna name him Squig if anyone is curious
>>
>>3079683
Not straight away, bowl feed him for the first couple of weeks, but yes, after that I would hand feed personally. You should reward heavily, but using food helps to maintain a more balanced diet imo.

My dogs go nuts for dehydrated lung (Beef and deer Especially), it's easy to keep and high in protein, but any dehydrated meat is pretty good. I use everything from pheasant to moose to rabbit.

How old is the pup? 12 weeks or younger the bladder control is basically non-existent. The taking him out every 20 mins is to potty train properly, the timing is kind of age dependant though.

The first few days can be really hard, it would be best if you could get even an extra day to spend crate training, if you can't make the best of what time you have and spend time sunday focusing on non-adverse crate training to at least minimize any issues for Monday. Depending on the age it could be a lot of time alone, honestly.

Cute name!!
>>
File: IMG_20190624_104104199.jpg (2.49 MB, 3264x2448)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>3079683
He also reminds me of my old girl when she was younger.
>>
File: 1844485-n0.jpg (15 KB, 176x346)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>3079572
>what age or how often should I?

the more you do it the easier it gets. get the softest medical babby tooth brush you can. coconut oil is used by many for tooth paste. I sometimes use the hardened fat from making bone broth after warming it up a bit. alternatively encymatic TP like https://www.amazon.com/Arm%E2%80%90Hammer%E2%80%90Clinical%E2%80%90Toothbrush%E2%80%90Toothpaste/dp/B00FDUTQUC/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet%E2%80%90%20supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1501001969&sr=1%E2%80%901&keywords=B00FDUTQUC

go slow about it and brush with correct technique lest you hurt his gums and cause more harm then good: put the brush down on the gums and then slowly with little pressure drag it down over the tooth "sweeping" the dirt off. I use pic related with the SENSI Ultrathin heads but I would only recommend doing so if you know how to use this brush on yourself because you can and will hurt your/their gums if you use it wrong which will cause peridontal disease and tooth loss just like in people. start slow, daily, make it a happy occasion with loads of rewards and brush right and you'll be fine. this is an exercise in trust building and will help you with the general training of the dog in every regard.

watch this for safety:
https://youtu.be/QRz6crbrMMo
>>
File: naptime.jpg (100 KB, 800x534)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>3079410
>>3079418
>>3079452
I'll send her your well-wishes in the form of pets. Here's a better, less janky photo of her.

>>3079433
Happy birthday Lacy, too!
>>
Thanks for all the puppy advice everyone. Got him a couple things on my way home from work. Hopefully the guy gives me some dog food or I atleast can buy some before the store closes. I totally forgot about bowls too but that’s easy to substitute.

I got him that puppy starter pack of bones, does that suffice for teething or should I get some sort of soft rubber toy?
>>
File: end of kong.jpg (60 KB, 1024x768)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>3079772
>>3079772
>nylatrash

throw that shit away asap:

https://youtu.be/ALHZszk0x_I
https://youtu.be/M6d3M3sqQh0

sure, you can get KONG rubber food toys but you should slowly introduce the dog to it and check it every day for rips and tears and if you find any, throw it away. you do not want your dog to eat any pieces of that while you are away, pic related.
>>
>>3079779
Good to know, I’ll make sure to return the bones when I go back for his food. Ive seen friends use those long food toys and it seems a good way to go. I just wasn’t sure on what size to get him. It’s difficult buying this stuff when I haven’t seen him in person yet.

I’m leaving in an hour to pick him up! I’ll post back here when he’s home!

Any other random puppy advice about literly anything at all?
>>
File: 35itzt.jpg (67 KB, 497x499)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
post dog mems
>>
>>3079791
Gross, but mind their poops. I have seen some things come out of puppies that would boggle the mind. Parasites, headphone wires, chunks of stuffed animals. Even the most attentive owner can miss things, but the back end tells the whole story. You can learn a lot about how your pup's feeling if you mind the output.
>>
File: 1527204405990.png (53 KB, 224x224)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
I tell you what, the worst part of having a Shiba Inu is how many times people approach me.
"Oh my god it's a fox!"
It's a definite chick magnet though.
>>
>>3079817
also I can't believe how many people STILL don't know that Shiba Inu's exist, and I live in an urban area too.
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (88 KB, 1080x810)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>3079791
>Any other random puppy advice about literly anything at all?

watch
https://youtu.be/QRz6crbrMMo

and make sure the room the dog is in when alone is HERMETICALL CLEAN with nothing in there it can eat or hurt itself on. no cables, no strings, no clothes etc. no socks, no toys, NO PLASTIC BAGS, no nothing. mind you that a dog may get it's leg stuck in the tag of a blanket which may cut off the circulation and cause it to lose the leg. so remove all loops and tags from your dog beds, towels, blankets etc. - EVERYTHING THAT POSSIBLY CAN GO WRONG WILL.
>>
File: 4L_4QCagpsI.png (51 KB, 1305x663)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
I’m feeling really attached to my puppy and I don’t even have him yet for two more weeks. I have his pen set up and everything he’s gonna need sitting in my living room and I’ve been consuming hours of training videos every day, hoping that the breeder will send me new pictures soon.
I had a dream last night that I came home to him missing and found him dead and I woke up crying and have been in a bad mood since. I just wanna be the best owner I can possibly be but I’m afraid I won’t be good enough.
>>
observatory
>>
>>3079824
Also odd given how big the Doge meme is.
>>
File: IMG_20171018_084611.jpg (405 KB, 1600x912)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
man I really lucked with my dogs. I got them when they were 7 weeks and I never had to train them not to go in the house. they went to the door on their own to let us know they had to go out day one. I'm guessing because they were born outside and lived outside their whole life up to that point, going anywhere else just seemed strange to them.

also, my girl didn't pee on walks the first 12 years of her life. I don't know if it was because she was too excited, like a kid holding it because he wants to keep playing, or she just didn't feel right going anywhere else but her yard. when she did start peeing on walks 3 years ago she always goes in the exact same spots. never fails. my boy pissed on every tree and never failed to leave a shit for me to pick up. after he died and I had to walk Lacy by herself for the very first time it was heartbreaking, but I thought to myself, "well atleast I don't have to pick up shit anymore" and that's when lacy took her very first shit on a walk.
>>
>dog refuses to go out when it's raining
>refuses to go to the toilet in the garden
>won't shit in the house either
>just pants like he's an abuse victim
>won't drink water because he won't go for a shit
Is it time to just take him to the vet and get him put down? How much does that usually cost?
>>
>>3080016
I think you need to go to the vet if he/she can't shit. doesn't necessarily mean they're a gonner. maybe just a blockage.
>>
File: 1558218806776.jpg (58 KB, 764x645)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>3079857
That dream only means you legitimately love your doggo and just very anxious while waiting anon. You're gonna be a good home with genuine love. From reading your post, you will be a good owner and fren to your doggo anon
>>
>>3080019
I'm from the /bird/ general and the only dreams I ever have of my bird is him squawking me awake.
>>
File: 4L_LhO8H0tZ.png (8 KB, 250x201)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>3080019
Thanks anon. I feel a lot better now.
By the way I love the positivity on this board. I’ve been on /mu/ and /ck/ for so long but I think I’m gonna start maining here. This place actually puts me in a good mood.
>>
File: 20180619_175804.jpg (2.86 MB, 2000x1268)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
>>3079484
Maple's tongue does that too sometimes, if she's really hot/tired

>>3079576
Congrats on the pup, anon. Good luck, and please post pictures when you get him! I do recommend getting a few other toys so he has a variety of textures to chew/play with. Rubber toys, rope, plush or canvas, etc. For more edible things you can freeze a carrot and give that to him for teething.

>>3079754
She's adorable.

>>3079857
You clearly care a lot and are very dedicated. I totally understand your anxiety and I can relate. You're gonna do fine, anon! I promise.

>>3079953
Cute dog!

>>3080013
Lol, Maple doesn't like to shit on walks either (she only likes to go in our own yard.)
>>
>>3079459
I'm so sorry anon. He looks like a special boy.
>>
Well it's official, anons. One of these little girls will be mine in just 7 weeks. I'm so excited.
>>
>>3079857
had a dream the other day where mine was out in public with me and wasnt on a lead and she ran across the road and almost got hit by a car and i collapsed on the road
>>
File: maybe just a peek.jpg (3.07 MB, 4240x5664)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
>>3080131
>>3079484
>tongue
>>
>>3080016
VET!!!!!!!
>>
>>3080192
>>
File: toppest of top keks.jpg (2.03 MB, 5664x4248)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
>>3080187
this will happen if you do not pay particular attention to training your dog specifically so it does not happen. you should

>keep your dop from earliest puppyhood off leash in safe space for some time every day so it never craves being off leash
>make being off lead not be a special occasion but a regular one
>recall it to yourself with fun activities like pats, play-wrestling, treats, toys, scratches etc. whereby it does not even realize it's being trained to LOVE being next to you - the more fun you are, the more the dog will come to you
>every time the dog offers up the behaviour of coming back to you and staying there on it's own for a second, give it a high value food treat or a bout of play - depending on what it likes best and the situation
>start recall training on a long lead immediately and have the recall be a command that is ABSOLUTE AND CAN NOT BE OPTED OUT OF EVER while making it a pleasant thing
>have the default setting for your dog be HEEL on your side, only when you give a FREE!/GO! command is your dog supposed to leave your side.
>once you have this down a bit, the GO! command letting the dog roam a bit on it's own can be used as a treat/reward in itself
>>
>in bed sleeping
>suddenly hear signs of dog breathing heavy and fast
>quickly open the light to see if she is okay
>she isn't panting from her mouth
>looks likes the breathing from her nose
>the heavy breathing gradually stops
>ask her "You wanna go out?" To see if she has energy
>she springs out bed
>take her out to potty and go back to bed
>no sound of her doing that weird heavy breathing
What could have happened to her? Did she maybe just have a nightmare?
>>
>>3080243
Could be a nightmare or some other dream.
>>
>>3080243
>Did she maybe just have a nightmare?

sure.
>>
File: ROUGH COLLIE.png (2.1 MB, 1305x1221)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
Has anyone here owned a rough collie? After months of research I've decided it fits my lifestyle and is perfect for what I want, but would love to hear from someone that has owned one.
>>
>>3080278
there are 2 guys here, they should eventually chime in...
>>
File: IMG_20190712_181141252.jpg (1.14 MB, 2448x3264)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>3080131
Alien contact/10

>>3080192
You call that a tongue??

It's Wrecks the velcro dogs birthday. Good thing I hated peeing alone...

Can't even piss alone anymore. Wrecks has become a velcro dog, even outside unless you send him off to find rabbits or pheasant.
>>
File: 20180830_132730.jpg (1.83 MB, 4160x3120)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
>>3080181
Congrats anon. Enjoy the puppy stage, it never last long enough.
>>
Got squig home last night, he slept the hour drive and went to the bathroom outside as soon as we got there. Only one accident in the house of a Lil pee. He seems to be doing well with pooping outside, no messes in his cage over night that I can see.

Pretty heart breaking when he cries at bed time but he tuckered out in less then 5 mins. I’m still a little worried about Monday and leaving him crated all day. Seems like a great dog so far, I feel lucky.
>>
>>3080131
Good call on the frozen carrot. I’m so afraid to hurt his baby teeth that I haven’t been wanting to give him anything to hard or play tug of war with him
>>
My dog has been terrified to go outside at night ever since the 4th of July fireworks. He's normal during the day, but at night the slightest odd sound will send him running to the porch with his tail tucked. Any ideas how to make him feel safe again? Carrying him past "scary" areas to get him to pee is getting old
>>
File: PsF-IcD6_400x400.jpg (25 KB, 400x400)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
rate my dog
>>
File: 1561878534629.jpg (59 KB, 640x900)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
does anyone happen to have the video of the pit bull this picture is from?
>>
>>3080513
Go home Felix your drunk
>>
>>3080501
Maybe take him somewhere are shoot a gun for a day? Could help or make worse. I know they do that do that with hunting pups
>>
>>3080513
Take it to the vet.
>>
Rate Peach
>>
Had to have our older dog put down a couple hours ago. Adopted her 16 years ago as of tomorrow, and it was estimated that she was about 8-11 months old when we got her. Appetite and mobility vanished overnight 3 days ago, so it was time.

You were a good dog. So sleep tight, you've earned it.
>>
>>3080556
Cutie/10
>>
how do i aquire a yorkie
>>
>>3080636
by looking up an accredited breeder, getting in contact with them and asking when their next litter is?
>>
>>3077144
so I wanted to get a dog, but I feel like I would be abusing it with my schedule. I am not home for 10 hours a day and I can go home mid day, but its only for like 10 minutes. No one else lives in the home besides me. Everyone tells me that I am wrong to feel bad for a dog like this. I would go adopt a older dog, but I just cannot get past this problem. I would preferably get a black lab.
>>
File: 4L_UCErXeFu.jpg (31 KB, 636x352)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Would it be safe to bring a 10 week old puppy along on a float trip? I wanna use it as a learning tool for him but also I think it would be a lot of fun for the both of us. The main thing I’m concerned about it is the heat since there often isn’t a lot of shade on these and they can last for about 5 hours, but with plenty of hydration and electrolytes should he be okay? Thoughts?
>>
When does putting the pup in his crate for the night get less sad? I hate hearing him cry :(
>>
>>3078451
very love
>>
File: concern pooch.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
>>3079576
Looks similar to
>>
File: pitbull vs tiger.webm (2.75 MB, 360x360)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB WEBM
>>3080520
Not sure, have a relevant one in the interim
>>
>>3080556
Fuzzy/10
>>
>>3080829
theres no point in getting a dog to spend like 2-3 hours a day with it.

>>3080870
You shouldnt take your puppy out before its had all of its vaccinations, let alone in hot heat. You should be waiting till 14-16 weeks for outside socialization and other shit.

I have no idea why you'd want to take a small ass puppy on a float trip, the amount that could go wrong is staggering.
>>
File: 20190417_200808.jpg (1.35 MB, 2000x3068)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>3080317
Happy birthday, Wrecks! Velcro dogs are the best. As silly as it sounds, their need to accompany us to the bathroom is endearing.

>>3080318
Thank you, I'm looking forward to cherishing and savoring the puppy stage as long as I can. Maple grew up too fast!

>>3080320
What a cutie. Glad he's doing well!

>>3080501
You can try desensitizing him to noises during the day. Start by playing fireworks noises on very very low volume, and pair that with feeding some extra yummy treats or some play. Gradually over the course of many sessions, increase the volume of the noises. If your dog seems afraid, you're making it too loud too quickly. Be patient and take it slow to get that nice classically conditioned response (noise = yay! food!)

>>3080556
She's lovely! What a cute pup.
>>
>>3080959
>>3080181

wait what? are these ESDs?
>>
>>3080985
Yes! Little English Shepherd potatoes.
>>
I was eating dominos pizza and I let my dog lick the garlic off my hands because I forgot it was toxic he’s a bichon poodle. Will he be okay?
>>
File: IMG_20190706_082220127.jpg (1.37 MB, 3264x2448)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>3080995
>I forgot it was toxic he’s a bichon poodle. Will he be okay?

Most likely. Garlic is pretty low on the toxicity scale for canines. My pups routinely get left over pasta with small amounts of onion and garlic, never had a problem. If you passed him a glove of garlic I think it would be much different.

>>3080959
Thanks for the birthday wishes, he spent the day chasing our "rabbit", which is a dollar store toy soaked in rabbit urine on a rope my son drags around the neighborhood. It's the best day for a beagle.

>Maple grew up too fast!

Wrecks too, hard to believe >>3080318 was only 9 months ago.

>>3080320
Good to hear anon!! What breed is Squig? He's super cute.

>>3080513
>Square head
>Short ears
>Square snoot

CubeBull/10

>>3080556
Wise/10

>>3080595
Rest well pupper!!
Sorry for your loss anon, cherish all those great years.
>>
>>3080990
are they BOBTAILED?
>>
>>3077176
he saws signs of aggression in the alpaca and i hope said alpaca kills you.
>>
>>3079572
>>3079576
aww, i love spaniels!
>>
>>3081062
>aww, i love spaniels!

I hate them, THEY HAVE TO GO BACK!
>>
wanna see dyzio?
>>
>>3080556
10/10 would scruff
>>
>>3077149
>he doesn’t have a dog who can walk on walls
>>
I’ve been lurking these threads for months, and I’m happy to finally be able to share my own dog. This is my Collie, Moondog. I got him a little over a week ago, and he’s been such a good boy so far.
>>
>>3081485
happy times ahead fren
>>
Husband got us a dog. We have vastly different training methods.

The pup, he was told, is a 2 month old English setter/Lab mix. She's relatively chill most of the day, likely due to heat. Anyway, I'm looking for any and all pointers. I'm a housewife, so this is pretty much ultimately up to me as far as.... Well everything. She's not my first puppy, but I'd like to take some notes from those who may know more, just in case.

I'm also a bit confused as to the feeding regimen. I want to do a 2 to 3 meal a day schedule, but the bag says she's only supposed to eat half a cup of food, and that seems very little to me.

I feed her half a cup with some water at 0800, 1300, and 1800. Walk her before and after every feeding. Walk her after every nap. Walk her every chance in between.

Husband is aggressive with training (forcing her butt down to sit, etc), I'm 100% positive reinforcement. The puppy seems to adore him more though, so I'm also asking for any opinion there.

Sorry for the long, disorganized post.
>>
>>3081521
As for food, you can in general google that. Here is a good starter: https://petcentral.chewy.com/how-many-calories-your-puppy-needs/
An 8 weeks old puppy fresh from her mommy won't eat much. Don't overstuff her, else you will get a too fast growing and fat dog. Both won't be good for her bones. Medium sized doggos like her are fully grown at roughly 15-18 months. Just follow the instructions on the bag, they are written on there for a reason.

If you give her treats, reduce the amount of food accordingly.

Your exercise regimen is good, just make sure she doesn't walk too many stairs at her age either. Also bad for the bones. Short, frequent walks, rather than marathons, are beneficial for her development.

Also positive reinforcement is always best and will lead to a more chill dog rather than a stressed out one that eventually will get shy to the touch.
>>
File: 20190714_200602.jpg (3.77 MB, 4160x3120)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB JPG
>>3081531
Yeah, I saw the dog food URL in the OP. I was just asking to making sure I was reading 1/2 a day, versus 1/2 per serving. Just wanted clarification. Thank you.

We have stairs in the house, but no one goes up them ever. They're also gated off.
Our whole lives are 100% first floor, and no steps to get outside either.

She basically forces me into short walks because it's hot as hell here, and apparently neither of us enjoy it. She takes a while to "go", but once she does, she immediately runs to the front door.

Thank you for backing me up on the positive reinforcement. Like I said, I'll be in charge of it, but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Another question; we have Muscovy duck's that frequent the area, my front door specifically, and is it a good idea to let her chase them? Idk how this will affect her later in life, if at all. He loves that she does it, whereas I have my reservations. Seems like a nice lazy way to exercise her, but I don't what it making her crazy when older.
>>
>>3081521
post feet*

*if not fat uggo
>>
>>3081543
> She basically forces me into short walks because it's hot as hell here, and apparently neither of us enjoy it. She takes a while to "go", but once she does, she immediately runs to the front door.
My dog likes to lick ice cubes when it's hot. I've also taken some wet dog food and put it in a kong and then put it in a freezer. Nice way for a doggo to busy itself and cool down.

> Another question; we have Muscovy duck's that frequent the area, my front door specifically, and is it a good idea to let her chase them? Idk how this will affect her later in life, if at all. He loves that she does it, whereas I have my reservations. Seems like a nice lazy way to exercise her, but I don't what it making her crazy when older.
Depends on what you want her to do and what your intentions with her are. These first few months will form a behavioral pattern for her for the rest of her life. If she learns now that chasing living things = good, she might do that as a much bigger pupper as well and hunt other birds. Or small game. That is, in part, what is in her genes anyway, as a hunting dog.

It's best to channel her prey drive into toys and treats and make her chase them, unless you actually plan on taking her fowl hunting sometime. My irish setter always loved chasing flies and dig pits in the yard if there was a mouse hole. While the lab I have now loves playing fetch and tug and can sniff out the tiniest kibble in a 1000 square meter garden.
>>
>>3081560
Also I might add: Continuing to socialize her with other dogs is quite important so she doesn't get too lonely and becomes antisocial. A dog school that offers special puppy classes might be good for her, if you can afford it. Focus should be on the dogs having a good mix of play and training time there. If you don't have the bucks for it, you can always try and post an ad somewhere and find likeminded people or ask the neighbors or the like. The more varied input she gets now, the less new things she will have to deal with at an older age when learning is slower.
>>
>>3081560
Not sure she IS a hunting dog. I can be told one thing and it be wrong. I have no idea what breed(s) she actually is.

>>3081563
Thank you. This is fantastic info to have. I always thought "old dog, new tricks" was just a saying. Glad I asked.
>>
>>3077176
Whoa that crazy that a dog can just snap like that... What kind of dog? Any pictures of your late good boi?
>>
>>3079164
Happy birthday Maggie!!!
>>
File: family_portrait.jpg (445 KB, 1125x1111)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
What kind of dog is this
>>
>>3081641
German shepard
>>
>>3081485
That's a cute name, is there a story behind it?
>>
>pick up leash
>dog runs away and hides
wtf how do i make my dog like walks
>>
>>3081521
>I feed her...

if you can, get pics and weights of the parents. a "cup" i not a unit, go by weight and hom many kcal a given amount of the food is said to have. write down the weight of the dog daily including food amount=weight=kcal and exercise in a diary. it will not hurt the dog if it's more on the "ideal weight" than the "normal weight" side of the spectrum... slow growth is good for the joints too. also, if possible, cycle through different food brands lest your dog develop some deficiency from eating the same band all their life. if you are having doubts, take the food, diary and dog to your vet and ASK.

>Walk her before and after every feeding. Walk her after every nap. Walk her every chance in between.

sounds great especially since puppies aren't supposed to be actually run full force and for long in order to not overburden their growing bones and all but this may eventually turn out too much too handle. get yourself a schedule together that fits your dog's needs and fits your time availability and then slavishly stick to it. also, do not overlook dog on dog socialization as soon as the vet gives the OK to (immunizations). you can do that at home if you have friends with dogs or at dog parks. be careful here to moderate the play lest full grown dogs hurt yours by simply overburdening his frame....20mins of moderate play a day should suffice. also, there are puppy classes run by people for puppy socialization, look that up around your place.

>>3081543
>Thank you for backing me up on the positive reinforcement.

it's the only trianing that really works: making a dog want what you want. forbidding shit and screaming and pain doesn't work, not for kids and not for dogs.

>is it a good idea to let her chase them?

no. you should train the dog to accept and leave alone other animals alone as soon as possible. it's dangerous if you do not actively try to habituate them to "prey" and condition "prey reacivity" out of them.
>>
>>3077176
>>Then completely out of the blue he attacked and nearly killed one of our alpacas

Could you tell us more about what happened anon?
>>
File: 20190417_133852-min.jpg (1.44 MB, 5664x4248)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>3081587
>have no idea what breed(s) she actually is.

definitely a hunting hound.

>>3081485
12/10

>>3081712
mine does that too but as soon as I open the door and "threaten" to leave alone she comes after me. I'm guessing the leash is just annoying. it certainly does annoy me. Ive tried 3 collars and 3 harnesses in our day to see if it's maybe one of these hurting her in some way but nope. she just hates wearing anything.
>>
>>3081035
No, these pups aren't, but natural bobtailed ES do exist!

>>3081485
Moondog is adorable, congrats anon.

>>3081521
>Husband is aggressive with training (forcing her butt down to sit, etc), I'm 100% positive reinforcement
Sounds like you guys need to hash that out and come to an agreement on how the puppy is trained. Consistency is important. There is also no reason a puppy needs to be trained aggressively. Positive reinforcement training is great for all dogs, and puppies especially!
>The puppy seems to adore him more though
Appeasement gestures ("please don't hurt me") can look like adoration to the untrained eye. Appeasement behaviors are sometimes used by happy, soft, excited dogs, but it's important to pay close attention and consider the context because friendly appeasement can also be a sign of fear. If your husband is very aggressive with her, it's likely she's stressed out and trying to convince him she's nonthreatening as a bid for him to stop assaulting her.
>>
File: 20190409_131345-min.jpg (3.37 MB, 4240x5664)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
>>3081745
>No, these pups aren't, but natural bobtailed ES do exist!

let it rest, they are all just collies :3
>>
File: 6721294_orig.jpg (123 KB, 620x465)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>3081748
>>3081745
>>3081035
>>3080990

so I'm guessing this will be what'll look like, color wise....
>>
File: Opal.jpg (196 KB, 774x960)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>3081748
?

>>3081751
Probably not that dark. This is one of last year's puppies, probably will have similar amount of shading. Except the littlest puppy there, she's probably going to be significantly darker than all her siblings
>>
>>3081751
The tiny pup will probably have a similar coat color to this dog
>>
File: war is coming.jpg (2.49 MB, 5664x4248)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>3081752
>?

AS, ES, BC, Farm Collie, Welsh Sheepdog - all these WASPy breeds are basically the same.

[/baiting]
>>
>>3077147
100000/10!!
>>
File: tastey-.jpg (2.49 MB, 5664x4248)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>3081752
>>3081755
what's the age difference going to be again?
>>
File: IMG_20190714_190432179.jpg (3.75 MB, 3264x2448)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB JPG
>>3081587
>Not sure she IS a hunting dog.

>>3081739
>Definitely a hunting hound

Looks like a beagle mix pup, but definitely doesn't look like a pure hound or straight hound cross. Snoot is square, ears are too little. Super cute though.
I'd personally start to work on impulse control now, because if the prey drive is half of what a typical beagle is you're in for a ride.
We start by training them under distraction between 3-4 months of age, especially recall and am emergency stop/down.
Purely positive training is the ONLY way to train for the 6 months and a solid base during this time is wildly important, after that balanced models will make your life much easier, purely positive only works for easy to train dogs, and ignores half of how all non-human mammals learn. If you want really good information on how mammals learn and the importance of adverse stimulation, read some B.F. Skinner.
Most of the anons outside of the collie bros will try to tell you can never have a scenthound off lead, but they're idiots.

>Neighbors doodle raided my yard >Wrecks went for the kill
>>
>>3081757
They are some damn good breeds, that's for sure

>>3081770
Maple is about 7.5 years old now (turns 8 in October)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1563098470397.jpg (63 KB, 720x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Since some of you keep your dogs lean and trim, what is favorite response to fat pet owners with fat pets when they say things like "I can see your dogs ribs!" or "Do you feed your dog"?.
My favorite go-to for the first question is "Well, I can see your dogs diabetes".

Also, the Purely Positive training groups are the most toxic dog groups on the internet. Every fucking dog in those groups is also an obese mess, and they think working dogs for their intended purpose is abuse, it's fucking insane. I was removed from Stilwells official forums because they found out my dogs are used to find rats nest for a few pest control companies, and that's forcing my dog into slavery, because I get paid from their labour. I thought it was pretty funny reasoning.

No, it's not a rant against positive only trainers, just the cult of retarded stilwell follwers.
>>
>>3081787
>7.5 years

I fucking hope Wrecks and Chloe look that good and have Maples drive at middle age.
>>
>>3081788
"That sect" of positive reinforcement trainers are batshit and give everyone else a bad name. Working or doing sports with a working dog is the opposite of abuse! These dogs love their jobs.

For the fat pet owner comments... Luckily I don't have to deal with a lot of "your dog is starving!" comments because Maple's curly fluffy coat covers up how lean she is until she's soaking wet. Usually I just try to explain what a healthy weight dog looks/feels like, and that most people's perception is skewed because most dogs (at least here in America) are overweight and thus people are used to seeing fat dogs, and don't recognize healthy ones anymore.
>>
>>3081790
Thanks, anon. It's so hard for me to come to terms with the thought that one day she won't be in her prime anymore as she ages. I'm really happy she is in such good condition and still acts like she's not a day over 4yo! I wish your doggies well as they get older too.
>>
File: IMG_20190702_122410349.jpg (2.14 MB, 3264x2448)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>3081797
The Stilwell group is fucking insane. It's unbelievable. I've literally just resorted to sarcastic remarks when people tell me Wrecks' is under weight, even though he has a few puppy pounds to lose.

It hit me really hard when I had to retire Jas. She was my woods companion and hunting partner for nearly a third of my life. She just went from hunting great one week, to tired and exhausted after the hunt the next. However there is something really calm between us now, almost like a mutual "Thanks for sharing your life with me" as she nears end of life.

And now I'm a 36 year old man crying in bed next to my wife and dogs lol

Holy fuck I'm a giant faggot sometimes.
>>
File: JP2 tall grass scene.jpg (2.45 MB, 5664x4248)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
>>3081788
>"I can see your dogs ribs!"

Thx for noticing! I try my best!

>"Do you feed your dog"?

Yes, raw, canned and dry. I cycle between them.

>Purely Positive training

this doesn't exist. but spraying your dog with water is shit. unless they happen to like it and you have a mister that is eyes safe (one of those misters they use on baby chameleons is fine).

>just the cult of retarded <some britbong hack> follwers

don't mention those names then?

>>3081781

>scenthound off lead

that's how thay are worked by the people who worked them?!?! I remember my grandfather breeding ABTHs-bracken-visczlas and they were always so well behaved... and he never seemed to be specifically training them. Meanwhile I spend most of my time training my dog and I always feel like it's going nowhere in comparison but that may be the "grass is always greener" type feelings.

>>3081787
so are you scared yet Maple may not like the puppy?

>>3081804
>"Thanks for sharing your life with me" as she nears end of life.

get her a gallon of omega 3 salmon oil and shut the fuck up about dogs dying already. ALL OF YOU!
>>
>>3081807
Hounds always return home from my experience too, it's part of the breed. Sometimes they're gone longer than you would like, but they always come back. A ton of anons freaked out when I first started posting about off lead beagles trying to say they can't be trusted. Same shit in the fagbook groups. Thousands of overweight, on lead, reactive dogs because people CBA to do basic research on breeds before buying a dog.

>Shut the fuck up about dogs dying already.

Trust me, you want to talk about it now, because before you know it you're looking after a senior dog wondering if you truly provided the best life you could. It happens every time a dog starts to move into the senior life stage.
Just treasure the present, but be mindful of the what the future holds.
>>
File: 20161228_014442.jpg (1.42 MB, 3264x1836)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>3081804
>However there is something really calm between us now, almost like a mutual "Thanks for sharing your life with me" as she nears end of life.
That's honestly really sweet. Jas is a good girl.

>>3081807
>so are you scared yet Maple may not like the puppy?
Maple is very sweet with puppies (pic related, Maple and my brother's puppy, Daisy.) I'm sure she's not necessarily going to LOVE the puppy right away, just because Maple is not super interested in new dogs. But she'll be polite, even friendly, and once she gets to know the pup, I'm sure she will love to play with her. So I'm not really worried about Maple not liking the puppy. My main focus is going to be making sure she doesn't feel jealous--she will still get all her individual attention, and also be taught that while I am paying attention to/training the puppy, good things happen for her too (and vice versa--the pup will learn that when Maple is getting attention/training, good things happen for her too.) I will be doing a lot of work to foster a good relationship between them, where everyone knows what to expect, everyone's boundaries are respected, and nobody feels left out.

>get her a gallon of omega 3 salmon oil and shut the fuck up about dogs dying already. ALL OF YOU!
Fair enough!
>>
File: smells of PUGE shit here.jpg (2.59 MB, 5664x4248)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
>>3081818
>Hounds always return home from my experience too, it's part of the breed.

sure. but while gone they may get hit by a car or some such. one DA got run over recently here bolting after a hare. sad case. and the city/urban hell here is full of the. Eevee has run after hares too, martens, cats. she even ran down a deer and got pissy it did not want to play with her. I've only ever let her meet cows on leash thrugh a fence because I can not justify the risk. irononcally, all she wants to do is lick their face.

>Trust me, you want to talk about it now

No I do not. I know my dog will die. I'm just trying to make sure it's from natural causes and that's that. worrying about deth makes you miss the opportunity of making the best of life too. Stop making me sad with your stories about aging, suffering, sick dogs.

>>3081819
lel. I wasn't looking for you tro justify yourself, just wondering if you are worried.
>>
File: IMG-20190703-WA0015[1].jpg (1.92 MB, 4608x2592)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
This is Happy. He's 3,5 years old now. We adopted him from a shelter. He's the cutest lab I know. His only drawback is that he wants to play with every single dog, deer, rabbit, cat and horse he sees lol. So he will get a buddy in two weeks, also a lab (mix).
>>
File: IMG-20190714-WA0015[1].jpg (1.65 MB, 4608x2592)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>
File: FB_IMG_1563181392452.jpg (48 KB, 630x552)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>3081824
>Hit by a car or some such

Absolutely, that's why I always say recall training should be done under heavy distraction after 6 months of age. Wrecks' recall is so solid now I can call him off anything.

>Ran down a deer
My English mastiffs used to drag home white tail deer a few times a year when I was a kid. The deer belonged to the family, we had a "domestic" herd on our property that we let revert to feral.

>Pic related, my mates hunting pack

Going coyote hunting with a mates dogs this evening. First time hunting anything beside small game with dogs, should be a unique experience.
>>
File: PUGE shit here too.jpg (3.13 MB, 4240x5664)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
>>3081826
this may not be as efficient at dealing with that as you may think/want/expect. what worked well for me was to do more tug and play wrestling and chasing exercises than fetch. I will literally chase after my dog being a surrogate for another dog here (though very low intensity lest we fall and hurt ourselves, still woks). so stuff where the reinforcement happens very close to you and through you so the dog learns to like you more and more. getting another dog may not be a solution but getting your dog to see you as a playmate and source of joy and exercise may. Be your dog's primary toy and source of fun. but ofc you will never get to be as efficient at getting a dog tired and happy as dog on dog play between two well jiving dogs will. so keep letting your dog do that to as often as possible. just a suggestion...
>>
>>3081835
Don't give me any unwanted advice and tell me how to raise my dog, and don't make any assumptions, thanks. He already gets played with all afternoon. All that he is missing is a dog companion he can play with on the regular so he doesn't whine about wanting to play with other any doggo he sees when we go for a walk. He was in a shelter for over one and a half years so intense social contact with dog mates is what he needs. .
>>
>>3081838
So you're planning on getting a second dog to combat dog reactivity?
I'm about 3 months away from writing my CPDT-KA after two years of shadowing a professional trainer and leading dog socialization sessions and I think you're an idiot and should hire a trainer or behavioralist to train your current untrained dog before adding another to the pack. Flirt pole, circle game and others are all great for teaching the impulse control your dog obliviously lacks.

Or, you can get another dog and take the 50/50 chance the dog reactivity turns into dog aggression and one or both end up seriously hurt.
>>
File: Dc2LTCPUwAA72LW.jpg (120 KB, 676x1200)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>3081827
loveable
>>
>>3081846
>so you think of feeding someone to combat complaining about hunger?
>teach them to be fine with starving instead and to patiently wait for the mercy of their owner to drop a few crumbs
Not everyone keeps working dogs anon, some just want their pets to be happy pets.
>>
File: die grass die.jpg (3.78 MB, 4240x5664)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB JPG
>>3081838
>Don't give me any unwanted advice
>All that he is missing is a dog companion

Ok. but my dog plays with on average with 3 dogs a day and it never seems to be enough. I do not believe that one dog at home will kill the desire to horse around with others in your dog. it's the diversity and change between playmates that's the point. imo, the key to a happy dog is doing all you can to create this bond between you and it where it sees you as the source of all fun, food etc. while also providing it with a diverse array of activities like dog-dog playtime, running, nosework, hiking,swimming etc. so it never builds up a craving. you can easily go on YT and look up a few dog channels with multiple dogs and find that dogs in a household usually do not do all to much to entertain each other. they'll usually still just wait for the owners to come home and only then play.
>>
Some mornings my 1 year old hound mix gets me up at 5 AM in the mood to play and asking for affection, some mornings I have to get her up at 9 AM. I schedule to wake at 7 AM. I thought dogs like routines, but she doesn't seem to be acclimating to any kind of routine- her hunger varies from day to day, sleep schedule, play energy, attentiveness, potty times, etc. She's seems able to do anything but be a creature of habit.

This morning she slowly followed me through half the morning routine before leaving and going halfway up the stairs on her own and then blinked at me with the sleepy face(she's never indicated 'I want to sleep' like that before, I had a flashback to our aging basset hound), and has already snoozed out now before I finished this post. I worry.
>>
>>3081869
>Training dogs makes them unhappy.

LoL. That doesn't even really deserve a response, but here goes...

The difference is other dog owners are a lot more willing to allow your dog to interact with their dog if yours is properly trained. You'll be able to recall your dog if something goes terribly wrong while another dog is in the area. There are many more reasons for training a dog properly, than not training a dog.

>awww look at my poor shut down unhappy working dog play offlead with the neighbors offlead dog without needing a fenced in area because they're both well trained, non dog reactive dogs.

This is what happens when you train your dog, instead of making up stupid excuses about your dogs happiness. We stop at 6 different house for play sessions different evenings of the week, because again, trained dogs are welcomed everywhere.
>>
File: IMG_20190714_150918231.jpg (2.18 MB, 3264x2448)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>3081869
So this was Chloes mood all the time when we brought her home, and admittedly by her previous owners she had basically shut down. They did the "I just wanted her to be happy" bit too.
Now, just a week after working her properly she's the happiest fucking dog ever. You fur parent types do things to keep your dogs happy without doing enough research to realize your doing your dog harm, both mentally and physically.
>>
>>3081948
Two weeks into work type training and a week into work (even though it's still simulated) and you can physically see she's back to being a happy go lucky beagle.
It's time to start training and treated your dog like a dog anon.
>>
>>3081948
>>3081952
>They did the "I just wanted her to be happy" bit too.

wait. the fuck is that supposed to mean? what did they do to make her "shut down"?
>>
>>3081838
You're a retard.
I guarantee when the dogs are alone they won't play together.
Set up a camera.
They'll just sit there waiting for you.
>>
>>3081944
What the fuck is wrong with that dog?
>>
>they don't barf their dogs
It's like you want them to get sick and die
>>
>>3081955
Not let them kill mice and kitten, for example. Mine is a beast when it comes to that.
>>
File: 20190222_153755.jpg (958 KB, 2560x1440)
958 KB
958 KB JPG
>>3081818
>Hounds always return home from my experience too, it's part of the breed
>accidentally put Ravi's collar on a bit loosely and then put him on a lead in the yard
>get distracted with something and take my eye off him for a few minutes
>look outside, see that he's actually used a lightpost as leverage to slip out of his collar, the smart fuck, and now he's running around the neighborhood
>sigh and get my coat, look for him for 10-15m, leave the back door open in case he comes home first
>get back without finding him
>he's sitting on my couch like "hey where'd you go?"

>>3081835
>>3081846
This discussion is kind of interesting; Ravi also has a problem with wanting to play with everything he sees. I thought like that poster and thought that we just needed another dog that would play with him (he sees my in laws' dog often, but he's a little asshole of a dog that was socialized very poorly and doesn't like other dogs, he only tolerates ravi). When we go on walks and see another dog, he'll whine and howl until he can sniff the other dog and greet him - and then he's fine. If he does this enough times with the same dog over a period of time, he doesn't feel the need to do it. It makes some other dog owners a bit nervous because they can't tell if he's aggressive or just excited.

I'm honestly not sure how to curb it out of him though - he's not big on fetch, or balls, or frisbees, and will only be interested in flirt poles for like 45 seconds before just not wanting to play anymore. The only things he'll do for exercise is go on walks/runs/explore and play with other dogs, and then stuff like training for mental exercise. He's definitely NOT responsive to training when seeing other dogs while on leash. In the dog park when he's off-leash, he does great. Not a peep, and is veeeery well socialized, so he gets along great with everyone there.
>>
File: asdfsdf.png (246 KB, 479x633)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>3081955
They repressed her hound instincts, I think that poster means. Letting a dog do the job they were born to do makes a WORLD of difference to them. It gives them purpose and fulfillment.

>>3081944
holy shit that doodle's face, 10/10
>>
File: 119219864_xl.jpg (158 KB, 1239x1200)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>3082001
so what you're basically telling me is that if I want a Snoopy of my own, I need to let it go ratting once in a while? not that I'm opposed to the idea, sure, if you can do it safely do so but this is the first time I'm hearing a beagle owner say it's a quasi prerequisite for behaviourally healthy dogs.

>>3081977
nothing, he just a cute golden-doodle.
>>
File: IMG-20190705-WA0068[1].jpg (1.25 MB, 4608x2592)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>3081846
I want to combat dog loneliness. We've had two dogs before and it worked out great. Here where I live, there are no dog parks, since it's a rural area. My lab is very well socialized and responsive, apart from wanting to say hello to every dog he meets. He's not aggressive, just play-happy.
And since on-leash dog meetings can often lead to unforeseen consequences, like the other dog wanting to defend it's owner, or us meeting another doggo in the most unfortunate circumstances, like on busy roads, getting him a buddy works just well for him.
Apart from that, there are 3 months every year here when dogs have to be leashed when going outside, and not all canines here are friendly as mine either.
My second dog will arrive in 13 days :3 Can't wait for him.
>>
>>3081737
The mom was on-site. Not sure the weight, but she definitely fit under the 25-50 category on the bag. The father is unknown, but I assume lab, since that's the mix they told him.

Thank you for the walking tips. A diary sounds logical, especially since I keep one for my raptor. Duh. I have noticed that when she goes out, she "goes" every time. Is this still bad for her?

Thank you for the duck tips, too.

She was never meant for anything other than a home dog to keep me company since I'm home alone all day. Would have preferred a dog to take out hunting with the hawk, but so far it seems she's not going to work out for that. Lol.
>>
>>3082026
> I have noticed that when she goes out, she "goes" every time. Is this still bad for her?
Puppys tend to poop frequently, their colons are just too short at that age.
>>
File: sdfasf.png (1.08 MB, 591x593)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Has anyone ever gotten a puppy and a kitten at the same time? I think I'd like to do that when I get a bigger place. This way the puppy will be for sure good with cats (I know mine is) and will be socialized for it properly, and the cat will be raised around the puppy and my older dog and will grow up knowing how to handle them. Thoughts?
>>
>>3082010
get a ball laucher and tennisballs. cut the TBs open and stuff them with strongly smelling but safe stuff like a small rag soaked in a few drops of eucalyptus oil. on your walks just launch the balls into safe meadows while the dog is busy (or while you deliberately have it lay down with a hat over their eyes). when the dog retrieves the balls, treat with food or additional play. you can set up the game at home by just having the balls around on the floor in the house randomly and when the dog on it's own offers up the behaviour or retrieving the ball you just treat then. this will teach them quickly that those funny smelling balls are to be found and brought back and a reward will be given for that.
>>
File: IMG-20190610-WA0003[1].jpg (2.33 MB, 4608x2592)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
>>3082029
Getting them at the same time means double the work, though. I would get the cat once the puppy has settled in, or the other way round. Could be quite stressful for the animals otherwise. So a month later, after the other, at least.
>>
>>3082032
I guess maybe it smelling good might entice him. Out of curiosity, why eucalyptus oil over something else? Doesn't seem like a particularly attractive scent to a dog.

Another fear with that is when I give him the treat when he's playing with the ball, it'll distract him and he'll stop playing with it. But this is worth trying, thanks.

>>3082034
I've never had a puppy, only adopted adult dogs (but I do realize how much work they are, for sure), but I've had a ton of kittens and I don't think they're much work at all. I could see stress being a thing though yeah.
>>
>>3082029
from my exp. with n=1 dog, getting them to grow up with cats to 10 weeks in the same house at the breeder with periodic contact with neighbourhood cats afer does not guarantee non reactiveness to other cats. I'm not saying my dog will tear cats apart but she definitely wants to run after them... that aside, some puppy classes offer small amimal socialization with cats, bunnies, rats, birds etc. so maybe you can try that before you commit.
>>
>>3081745
I have no issue taking over the training, and my husband is more than happy to let me now.

However, back to the love triangle... Basically, she sticks to him like glue. If he's available, she's all over him, following him, whining when he closes the door, etc. I sound like the jealous spouse, but he plans to let me /have/ the dog, I'd like to know what's going on here. Tbh, if I spend all day looking after the pup and he comes home and gets bombarded by puppy, I'd be in heaven, but he takes no responsibility for it now and if he's not watching her, I'm left to clean up the messes.
>>
>>3082042
Dogs are pack animals. They are always happy when a member of the pack returns. If you went out and got back, she would greet you just as enthusiastically. Doesn't mean that she doesn't love you either, she depends on both of you of course, lol. And she's both your responsibility, to a degree. Maybe he could walk her too after he comes home?
>>
File: image0415.jpg (846 KB, 2115x2115)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
>>3082040
>does not guarantee non reactiveness to other cats
I'm okay with that, for the most part. I just want my own pets to get along with each other.
>>
File: image.jpg (1003 KB, 1551x1280)
1003 KB
1003 KB JPG
>>3082037
>I guess maybe it smelling good might entice him. Out of curiosity, why eucalyptus oil over something else? Doesn't seem like a particularly attractive scent to a dog.

that's sort of the point. you could stuff rancid fat in there but you do not want your dog to learn going about the world on his own, eating shit he finds. you just want a safe, strong and maybe a bit unusual smell to be looked for and oils like lavender, peppermint and chamomile are good to go according to my research.

>Another fear with that is when I give him the treat when he's playing with the ball, it'll distract him and he'll stop playing with it. But this is worth trying, thanks.

just have another non-smell-treated ball and exchange them. as in, the dog retrieves the ball, you throw it another close by. if he's in a state of mind where he plays with the ball, another ball is a treat in itself and not giving a food treat immediately is not necessarly not treating the behaviour at all. when he's tired of playing fetch with the ball, then you can still treat with food. in the end, you accomplish a reinforcement of playing with a ball which in a way was part of what you wanted:

>he's not big on fetch, or balls, or frisbees, and will only be interested in flirt poles for like 45 seconds

basically the way you teach a generic DROP! of toys is by using two of the same balls: when the dog brings back one and drops it on command, or better yet accidentally offers the behaviour up on it's own, you immediately reinforce with your positive verbal cue like GOOD! and treat by throwing the other ball.
>>
File: 118935140_xl.jpg (246 KB, 1600x1066)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>3082042
>I'd like to know what's going on here.

I inherited my dog from my sister 2.5 years ago. the dog, to me it would seem, still thinks of her as her owner and sees me only as a prolonged doggy day care visit just waiting feverishly to go home. dogs sometimes get conditioned on their first owner, for better or worse.
>>
>>3082046
Him walking her.... After the last WWII about it... Fat chance, but I'll give it a go. Thank you.

>>3082059
I mean, he went a picked her up from the breeder and brought her straight home. Is that enough time for her to consider him her "new owner"?
>>
>>3082065
>ww2 over walking the dog
Did he really just not want a dog or something?
>>
>>3082072
He wanted one. He just assumed that meant I'd be 100% responsible for it. Like a child, basically. 100% reward, none of the work. "I worked all dayyyyy". Etc.
>>
>>3082075
well I'm guessing you need to be the adult in that family then.
>>
File: IMG-20190715-WA0010[1].jpg (1.42 MB, 4608x2592)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>3082065
> I mean, he went a picked her up from the breeder and brought her straight home. Is that enough time for her to consider him her "new owner"?
Dogs don't really think that far. What is good is good for them. More people around she can trust = More fun and possibility of pets and cuddles and food. That he doesn't take her for a walk or whatever doesn't register with her.
>>
>>3082065
>I mean, he went a picked her up from the breeder and brought her straight home. Is that enough time for her to consider him her "new owner"?

dunno. maybe, maybe not. you'll have to take into account that you are there all day and he's not so the novelty of him may contribute a significant amount the the percieved imbalance of "love". but just like with the raising of the kids, you'll have to settle on common ground and can not be sabotaging each other.
>>
File: 12092018456.jpg (539 KB, 2592x1456)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>3081992
>they don't barf their dogs
>It's like you want them to get sick and die
>>
>All those "grain free" dog food brands that cost an arm and a leg and have wolves on them
What is the purpose?
>>
>>3077144
My dog is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>3082173
Pretty much the same deal as gluten-free human food. Last time I went to the vet she actually told me to avoid it if possible.
>>
>>3081955
>>3082011
She's been treated like a princess instead of being allowed to do her "job" for the last 2 years. Pampered and doing all the things fur parents typically do.

Working your dog doesn't have to mean actually work, it can be silly games geared towards your dogs instincts. Jas gets to Suburban "hunt" for our rabbit drag a few times a week, and it keeps her mind sharp and focused. Wrecks will sleep 3-4 hours after a 15-20 min trail session because using their natural instincts to train and exercise is the best way (and in some cases the ONLY way) to keep a mentally and physically happy dog. Period.
If you want a princess friend instead of a dog, get a fucking companion breed and leave the working/sporting groups to those who understand them and their typically needs.

>Pic related: Jas trailing down the rabbit drag just a few mins ago.

Also, if anyone cares Coyote hunting with greyhounds is fucking amazing. I'm still on a cloud 9 adrenaline dump from this afternoon.
>>
>>3082173
Grain free is what you want to be feeding your dogs.
Shiggy Diggy that anyone here is feeding that grain crap to their dogs.
>>
>>3081794
>>3081797
Is that an English Shepherd with ear sticking (mostly) up? Don't see that every day
>>
File: IMG_20190715_104338079.jpg (1.41 MB, 3264x2448)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>3082019
The issue is "Play happy" causes anxiety in both dogs. The normal "Excited whine" is a very common sign of anxious dogs. That would make me very, very nervous.
How much time have you spent with new dog and old dog together? Just because two dogs are dog friendly, doesn't mean they'll be dog friendly.
I've just seen more than more dog reactive (which doesn't mean aggressive btw) dog trigger other dogs aggression, or have the new dog spark DA out of no where in a normally happy dog.
My fears for your dogs safety lie in experience with other DR dogs and adding new members to the pack.
>>
>>3082325
Go join working/fit dog groups and say that lol. You'll literally get laughed out of the group while people post the most insanely fit working dogs you've ever seen and most are on ProPlan 30/30 or 30/20.
>>3082205 has the right idea. Even mostly raw fed sports and working dogs still get grains. Dogs have evolved to live on human scrap until very, very recently.
Jas is 15 and has lived on mostly table scrap her whole life including a ton of breads, pastas, corn etc and she's never been to a vet outside of routine checkups. Same can be said for my uncles beagle pack that all in their teens now.
>>
>>3081681
>That's a cute name, is there a story behind it?
Thanks! Moondog is the name of a composer/poet who I’ve become very fond of over the last few years. My girlfriend and I were trying to think of names that we both like, and I was kind of surprised that she liked my Moondog suggestion.
>>
File: 23423423113.jpg (3.98 MB, 3450x2568)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB JPG
Where could my doggo gotten his blue eyes from?
>>
>>3082485
Given the head shape I’d guess he might be part boxer. They can have eyes like that.
>>
>>3082205
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease

gluten responses are real. rare, sure, used for attention, sure, used for profit, sure, but still real.

>>3082320
ok then. I've come up with loads of games in my day and I hope summer ends soon so we can go back to Treibball mostly (the gym balls are sticky-rubbery and work best when wet/on wet grass, too much of it in summer heat and dry grass can cause abrasions on the snount I wager).

>Coyote hunting with greyhounds
seems kinda weird to me to stick one dog on another, even if 'yotes are massive cunts.

>>3082325
grain is bad because of tooth issues like tartar but lentils isn't better and in fact a nutrient leech.

>>3082335
>You'll literally get laughed out of the group

that's not an argument for anything though.

>>3082485
husky, australian shepherd, whoknows?
>>
File: sfsawewsd.png (920 KB, 598x595)
920 KB
920 KB PNG
>>3082552
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease
I know that's a thing. But a fairly small amount of people actually have it, so what the fuck is everyone else doing eating gluten-free? Same concept with dogs.

Grain free is also bad for dogs' hearts, which I would say takes precedent over something like tartar (which i've never heard, and even if that's real, there are ways to combat it).
>>
>>3082042
If you're home all day and your husband is out working and then comes home, it's normal for the puppy to be excited when he returns because he's not around as much, it's novel and exciting. That doesn't mean she doesn't love you.

Also, it sounds like your husband is a bit of a jerk. Sounds like "you want it trained your way, fine, she's all yours and I won't help with her care at all, ever" What an ass.

>>3082173
This: >>3082205
Nothing inherently better about "grain free," it's helpful if your dog has a grain allergy, but if they don't, there's nothing special about it. Just like the "gluten free" fad for humans.
>>
File: dog-tartar.jpg (21 KB, 434x323)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>3082570
>Grain free is also bad for dogs' hearts

no. giving your dog chicken drum sticks forever and only that is. but so is any badly researched, poorly executed diet. if you take the hour to research it and take the 3mins a day needed to execute it, there are no problems. the argument "dog food companies know better!" is garbage, because a. if they did and acted on it, their foods would be so vastly different and b. their track record of shitty, literally poisoned foods. tartar and teeth health in general are basically the major health issue with loads of dogs. inflamed teeth/receding gums/tartar buildup cost them many years of life and life quality in the second half of life - just like it does in humans. that aside, a dog's hands are his teeth and mouth and you can tell a dog with a painful one immediately. I can't believe you've not heard of tartar in dogs, just look any dog at the park in the mouth and you'll find literal fossils in there...
>>
File: 20180116_162952.jpg (1.06 MB, 2076x1700)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>3082330
Her ears stand up more when she's excited/in play mode, I call them her "happy ears." They don't ever stand up all the way tho, and when she's at rest, they look more like typical rose ears. Though not all stand up as much as Maple's, I do see a lot of ES with ears like hers so I'd say they're not unusual. Fully erect ears like you see on some border collies are pretty rare in ES though. All their ear types are good ear types but I do especially love Maple's cute ears!

>>3082464
That's a good name! I think it suits your puppy, too.

>>3082485
There are a lot of breeds that can have blue eyes, only way to get a better guess is to DNA test him through Embark.
>>
File: balls balls everywhere.jpg (2.87 MB, 2369x2569)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
>>3082656
>Though not all stand up as much as Maple's, I do see a lot of ES with ears like hers so I'd say they're not unusual.

sorry to inform you but Maple is like 1:1000000000000000000 so you'll have a hard time finding a replacement ;_;
>>
>>3082330
>>3082656
Some at rest Maple ears for you

>>3082662
For sure, she's one of a kind! <3
>>
File: namgreenhell.jpg (3.71 MB, 5664x4248)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB JPG
>>3082666
>For sure, she's one of a kind! <3

no srsly, you'll have a hard time finding an ES as twiggy as she is.
>>
>>3082675
Untrue. There's a lot of variety in the breed, varying types (some lines are more stocky/bulky, others more lean/agile,) and Maple's type is not unusual at all.
>>
>>3082655
The hour of research to make an informed decision is a dumb suggestion. Unless you hire a canine nutritionist and have full blood panels done every few months for a 18-24 months you should likely stick to a commerical kibble based diet for the most part. BARF and DIY raw feeders in general tend to have more health issues not less according to epidemiology studies. Mostly because canine nutrition is very complex and the average person can't even explain average, mean and standard deviation but pretend they can read and interpret a scientific study. There is virtually no difference in long term health between dogs fed quality commercial raw diets and dogs fed quality kibble according the canine nutritionist at the vets, who don't sell any food because they believe feeding what your dog responds to is the most important thing.

>>3082552
>Not an argument
Not that one line, sure, but watching working dogs thrive on PPP 30/20 and 30/30 sure is. 10-12 year old kibble fed retired working dogs in perfect health seem to be much more common than raw fed working dogs reaching retirement without health issues. Again, studies back this but you seem like the argument from authority type based on comments you've made, such as calling studies garbage based on the funding/authors rather than methodologies.

People who truly feed the dog in front of them and experiment with their dogs diets are often shocked to find out their dog responds best to the kibbles they've been shamed out of feeding by the strictly raw crowd.

After all that's said, I take a similar approach to feeding as you. I feed a giant variety of foods, both commercial, DIY and table scrap, but I have blood panels done every 3-4 months and adjust accordingly. Seemed to work for Jas so far so I don't plan on changing much beside the brand of kibble.
>>
File: Yotsugi Ononoki.gif (1.46 MB, 500x281)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB GIF
>>3082666
>>3082690
>>3082656
>>3081819

At last I truly see!
>>
Oh hai!!

I think we've finally had the major break through with Chloe we needed. She met a black lab today and engaged in play both the lab and Wrecks in a happy, civil, tail flagging manner.

Now to get to work on that muscle atrophy.
>>
>>3082655
I didn't say I've never heard of tartar in dogs, I said it's easily combated, and I've never heard of being a big issue with a grain inclusive diet. And my own research, AND my vet, has led me to see that yes, that shits bad for dogs hearts.
>>
my golden retreiver puppy had her first season recently, and for the last week or so she's been really picky about her food (she wont eat her dog food, or kibble - just stuff like chicken which she only gets rarely) and very lethargic around the house - she spends a lot of time in her den, which she never usually does and sleeps a lot. Yet when we take her out for walks (good long walks around parks and woods) shes her usual self pretty much, at most she stays a little closer than usual

We took her to the vet last week because she'd thrown up a couple times (yellow bile and then actual food) and they just said her teats are a little swollen and they did something to the glands in her butt (?) and said to come back if anything happens but she hasn't been sick again.

Is it a phantom pregnancy or is this normal
>>
File: IMG_20190716_094937827.jpg (3.58 MB, 3264x2448)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB JPG
>>3082831
It's pretty normal, and if she's still in season it may be highly illegal to walk her in public as a heads up. The fine here for having an in season bitch in public is 1200 dollars for the first offense, even more it creates a dog fight.

Bitches tend to exhibit really strange behaviours while in seasons. I had a beagle bitch that would stop eating to the point she'd lose 5-7% of her body weight everytime. She also once went through a plate glass window, and then destroyed her paws trying to dig through a wooden slat fence to get to a male in the neighbors yard. Hormones are a wonderful thing.
>>
>>3082843
>>3082831
Why wouldn't you spay your dog rather than dealing with all that?
>>
>>3082831
>they did something to the glands in her butt (?)

https://www.caninejournal.com/how-to-express-dogs-anal-glands/
https://www.dummies.com/pets/dogs/how-to-empty-your-dogs-anal-sacs/

>Is it a phantom pregnancy or is this normal

kinda yes. elevated hormones lead do prolongend changes in behaviour even if the dog is not actually pregnant. good on you for going to the vet immediately! as the dog cycles through heats, this may become an issue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyometra
https://www.vetwest.com.au/pet-library/pyometra-in-dogs

something to be aware of and a condition that a 30$ ultrasound can find.

in your case, it may also just be regular heat, as in high summer temperatures, that's making your dog less active.

>>3082793
>I said it's easily combated

by all means then, educate me. I'm open to all and any help.

>>3082779
congrats! what I've noticed is that some dogs like to play with specific sexes better. like mine plays best with other females while males fall into the categories: a. ok I guess and b. absolutelty no way!

Maybe Chloe has such preferences too which you haven't noticed yet....
>>
>>3082843
shes for sure not in season anymore, the vet said so and she last bled like 3 weeks ago.
>>3082853
yeah thats what they did to her butt
its not all that hot here (UK) and she did fine in the hotter weather earlier in the year but perhaps, she sleeps in a cool cupboard under the stairs and likes cold hard surfaces like wooden floors, stone fireplace etc so maybe thats it.
>>
>>3082861
well if they did not do an ultrasound and it continues and bothers you, go see another vet and have one done. gut feelings exist for a reason.
>>
>>3082865
my parents took her, i was working
i just spoke to them and my mom mentioned they said her stomach was soft so it was unlikely. It's probably just me worrying - the laziness would be one thing but a golden retriever not eating food is pretty weird, especially lots of different types. Thank you for the advice
>>
File: 20190625_201304.jpg (2.87 MB, 4032x3024)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
how do i get my dog to stop eating garbage and other shit he finds on the ground?
>>
>>3082869
im no expert but i would say 'drop it' quite loudly, and then physically remove it from their mouth.
after a while they get it and drop it themselves because nobody likes a finger down their throat and then they'd get a treat.
reinforcing this behaviour in a game like fetch (where they drop the ball to keep playing) is a good idea too
>>
>>3082846
You can't compete in AKC/CKC title Champions with an altered dog. If your dog is altered they can train all year, but the bitches have two months a year they can't train, therefore the altered dog has an unfair advantage and they barred from most title championships.
The judges also want to see your dog behaving in its natural state, not a in hormone reduced one.
>>
>>3082869
Teach "leave it" and start using it in a pre-emptive fashion.
>>
>>3082853
Not that poster but teeth brushing, toys that clean teeth, bones, etc. Stop talking about teeth for like 2 seconds holy shit
>>
File: ds.jpg (2.79 MB, 3263x3034)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
A little zoomer kid walked up to me and started screaming "it's a meme!!"
How embarrassing.
>>
File: 20190716_210119.jpg (2.44 MB, 2257x1704)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
My boyo is 11 today. Still very healthy and well loved.
>>
File: muh doggo.jpg (781 KB, 1280x1280)
781 KB
781 KB JPG
This is my retarded puppy. Approximately 14 months old, he's a Border Collie/German Shepherd mix I rescued and he's dumber than a box of rocks. I have never seen a more retarded dog than him, but I love him. He's also incredibly uncoordinated and goofy, not at all like the two breeds he's a mix of.
r8 but please don't h8
>>
>>3082980
Cringe
>>
>>3083157
those fluffy ears makes him so fucking cute i just wanna smush and cuddle him around
>>
File: 20190716_202607.jpg (3.42 MB, 4160x3120)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
Update!

Husband named her Nyla.

Also she refuses to go #2. She pees outside perfectly, but she refuses to go poo. She won't go in the house either. I have taken her out almost too often, and she's never had even close to an accident inside, and only half squat outside before getting distracted or scared or just losing interest. Then no matter how long I keep her out, she will not try again.
>>
File: fhdfghd.jpg (2.79 MB, 1791x2131)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
>>3083258
Oh man. You definitely have a hunting dog there, she's cute.

How long have you had her without her going? And what are you feeding her?

>>3083157
That's hilarious that he's so dumb with that breed mix. He looks like a lot of fun, and I agree with >>3083172
>>
>>3083258
play with her outside before she poops and it might loosen her bowels/make her more comfortable
>>
>>3078110
yes
>>
>>3083265
She's eating the purple Purina puppy chow. I didn't pick it, he did. I have had her for 48 hours now, and she's gone #2 twice. Husband said she went just now, but I'm not 100% sure on that. She slept in the room all day with me with no accidents, peed four times when finally let out around 1400. Never had an accident or attempted accident today. Had two close calls for #2 outside, husband said she finally went about an hour ago.

What kind of breed are you thinking?

>>3083270
I do. I walk her, run her short distances, let her explore, play with the toy both before during and after a walk, etc. She seems to hesitate when it comes to #2, no matter what.
>>
>>3083305
>I have had her for 48 hours now, and she's gone #2 twice
That actually sounds right to me (but I've never had a puppy, only adult dogs). I'm not sure if you've got your parvo shots or not yet, but my dog personally refuses to go in our yard. It's pretty weird, but just a quirk of his. He won't go unless we're on a walk. Maybe she'd prefer that.

>What kind of breed are you thinking?
My guess would be treeing walker coonhound, pic related, but it's pretty hard to tell at this stage.
>>
>>3081030
looks like a brittany, aka best of the sporting breeds, fight me on this.
>>
File: IMG_32631.jpg (677 KB, 1536x2048)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
>>3083305
She may have certain allergies. Try a different food see if that helps. Transition her to the new food slowly.

You can also supplement her food with raw coconut oil, honey, and raw eggs. The oil could potentially help with the pooling issue. Also, plain yogurt can help with constipation but shouldn't be an every day thing.
>>
>>3079683
Cheap beef jerky cut into really small pieces is good for training too.

If the dog hasn't been crate trained or is crate adverse, feed the him all meals in the crate. Fill his bowl and push it to the back.
>>
>>3083305
>I have had her for 48 hours now, and she's gone #2 twice.

sounds ok, some dogs do not go at all in the first 48hrs. go work on the schedule, obviously this will change over time as you learn to know the dog and fiure what works best for all of you but it will help immensely with timing his shits and whatnot and will also help you tell if something may be wrong. my dog loves to go in the bushes. this is a literally covered place where nobody is watching. maybe try such a place if you have and make it your regular spot. also, always stay outside for at least 15mins after shits so the dog doesn't form the connection "once I go, we go back inside so I'm not going to go, lele, fugg the system, me so SMRT!" also, some dogs just do not like shitting on their home lawns.
>>
File: ovwhqpPEmC1wn46blo1_1280.jpg (992 KB, 1080x1920)
992 KB
992 KB JPG
>>3082846
To spay or not to spay is a highly personal decision, there are plenty of valid reasons to keep a dog intact as well as to spay/neuter them, it just depends on what's best for you and your individual dog. That said, anon did say it was a PUPPY, and if you're going to spay/neuter, it's best to wait until the dog is mature and not still growing, as their sex hormones affect their growth.

>>3082869
Teach a solid "leave it" and "drop it" and practice on easy mode for a while before gradually increasing the difficulty. Kikopup has some good videos for you to learn how to train those if you don't know. Also, good management (i.e. preventing the dog from accessing the garbage and random shit through careful supervision, leashes, potentially a muzzle) in the meantime to prevent him from rehearsing the behavior and having it be reinforced (eating garbage is self-reinforcing to him.)

>>3083157
Your retarded puppy is ridiculously cute!

>>3083305
>I have had her for 48 hours now, and she's gone #2 twice.
That's perfectly fine, I wouldn't be concerned about that. She's not gonna need to poop as often as she needs to pee, that's totally normal.
>>
>>3080278
I own two and I love them; in spite of both of them remaining intact their personalities are lovely (albeit very sassy). My younger one actually just passed both his CGC and Therapy test this year, and he's only a year old. Very quick learners, very eager to please, very good dogs in general.

Did you have any specific questions about the breed?

Pic related my boys
>>
My dogs only get cold pressed kibble from a trusted manufacturer. Fuck your extruder garbage
>>
>>3083328
Why would I fight you on that? Maybe because the best all around small/medium game dog was Jas, pretty hard to beat the nose of a beagle and bird drive of a cocker all mixed in one dog. She's 15 years old and will still out trail and find game before any full breed Spaniel.

If you want to talk trailing the Britney's can't even smell there own ass their nose is si weak, bassets and beagles are obviously far superior for trail sports.

Greyhounds are the best all round large game dog, period.
>>
>>3083508
jelly as fuck/10

do they do the Lassie hopp too?

>>3083574
>Greyhounds
>best all round large game dog

what? greyhounds are specialized af. best generalist big hunting dog is likely the Weimaraner.
>>
>>3081521
Am I the only one who gives my doggos just one big meal for the day and sometimes treats before bed time?
>>
File: IMG_20190717_073931024.jpg (3.02 MB, 3264x2448)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
>>3083579
They're used locally for everything from deer to coyote to black bear to moose. Seems pretty specialized as fuck to me. I love the grey ghosts, but they're often to slow to course white tail. Sight hounds, but greyhounds in particular are far superior for fast and aggressive game, while still being able to course a rabbit to exhaustion. Grey ghosts just can't compete.
>>
>>3083583
Thats how my old girl eats. It seems to work best for her.
>>
File: 0VOCwpS.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1200)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>3083583
no. twice. one meal after the morning playtime and one after the one in the evening. I'm too wary of bloat to feed one big meal.

>Grey ghosts just can't compete

until a 200lbs boar comes along and steamroles your longboi. look itto his eyes. can't you see his gaze spells MURDER?
>>
>>3083596
>>3083586
also keep posting Jas.
>>
File: IMG_20190717_073732381.jpg (3.27 MB, 3264x2448)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>3083596
>200lb boar
>300+ lb momma black bear with cubs

Yeah, I'll take my chances with the boar, especially since greyhounds hit and run when they attack. If you've seen a pack of greyhounds work I think you're opinion would be different. I watched 4 greyhounds spilt a pack of 10-12 coyotes apart and systematically run them down and kill them. They're very, very smart about their approach. Not one of the 4 hounds even had a mark.

Also, lurchers are used for boar hunting all over the middle east, and for a reason. A pack of greyhounds easily overwhelm boars and than run them to exhaustion. Lots of vids on youtube of long bois in the middle east just ravaging wild boar.

>Pic related
Jas has a waist again!! Thyroid is actually under control finally.
>>
>>3083602
>Jas has a waist again!! Thyroid is actually under control finally.

is she on T3/T4?
>>
viable to have cat and dog?
>>
File: YoungerJasmine.jpg (2.14 MB, 3264x2448)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>3083610
T3.
It's pretty awesome to see her energy levels pick back up too.

>>3083600
>also keep posting Jas.

K. How about a younger (about 10-11 years old) fluffy winter time Jasmine?
>>
>>3083579
That thing where they basically just bound everywhere instead of actually running? When they get excited, yes, especially the sable one.
>>
A general question: we have had a formwrly heavily abused rescue dog (shot 13 times with a BB gun, pellets still under his skin, vet says leave them unless he shows discomfort coming from them) for the last 3 years, and generally (aside from dog aggression which we resolved with some socialization work) he's been nothing but sweet and friendly with humans.

The other night, when we were hosting a group of friends, he started barking and trying to lunge at one specific person when they entered. It was someone he had met and been completely calm around before. After the incident, we had to lock him out if the space our guests were in, only briefly bringing him nearby to expose him to the stimulus and see if he could calm down (he couldn't, as soon as he was anywhere nearby he would freak out again).

The only clue we have is that she had come directly from a spa, so maybe she smelled of something really strong that triggered him. The lack of explanation makes it really hard to target the behavior and address.

Any thoughts on this? Advice?
>>
>>3083679
this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kar57tAzeM8

this is why I love them so much. you just know they are happy af.
>>
>>3083667
wud rubb belly 24/7, wud also treat Wrecks like a red-headed stepchild/10
>>
>>3083698
>Any thoughts on this? Advice?

might be some shower cream/cologne etc. shit. tell the fag to stay away, you do not need to traumatize the dog any more.
>>
>>3083861
Lmao, fair enough, fortunately they were visiting from out of town so they don't come around often.

I guess I'm just worried about the behavior, since he definitely would have bitten her if he wasn't restrained. Even after giving him time in another room to cool off, he would still try to rush her when I led him back into the other room on-leash to try to reward him for sitting and staying near the stimulus.

If he had bit someone, I just worry about "what if it's someone who would report him" etc.
>>
>>3083856
Yup, our Sable boy definitely does this, especially if we've been gone during the day; he just gets so hyped up and excited and bounds/hops towards us. Our Blue Merle doesn't do it as much, he yells at us when we get back but presses up against us while complaining; they're both good boys with big personalities
>>
>>3083856
>>3083963
That's so fucking cute holy shit
>>
>>3083508
Hey im that poster, glad I came back to check the thread! What stunners you have they're gorgeous. As for questions:

Do you have a preferred brush for their coats? Any form of training you've found useful? Any general things you wish you knew before getting them?
>>
New thread >>3084422
>>
>>3084423
i will stand with my ship.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.