[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

My fucking cat ATE her kitten
the kitten was sick and when I woke up there was barely anything left of it. is this fucking normal? what the hell?
>>
>>3075069
she ate the fucking skeleton too, I'm fucking stunned. I had NO idea they did this
I was sleeping, just so you know
>>
>>3075069
cute, send pictures
>>
>>3075074
I think I have friends who browse here so I'm not gonna show the cat, but fuck no that isn't cute at all. it's horrifying, I don't think I can look at her the same way again
>>
>>3075075
Anyway yeah sorry OP for your loss
>>
>>3075076
thanks man
>>
>>3075069
Cats insticts tell them to do that to save food for those kittens who can survive. Did you give them not enough food? Mother cats should get unlimited food as far as I know.
>>
>>3075086
yup, regular dry food is always out and I give her wet food once a day
>>
Yes it's normal, cats eat the weak who would ultimately die anyways in the wild. Doing this gives her other kittens a better chance at living.
>>
>>3075069
It's normal if she thinks it won't make it, if she doesn't get enough nutrients or if she's stressed.
It prevents predators from finding the nest and lets her restore some of the wasted valuable resources.
Since it was sick, I guess it was the first reason in your case.
In case it was an infection, better take the others to a vet if you want to make sure they don't get eaten, too.

Also of course they eat the baby bones, they also eat grown up prey bones.
>>
>>3075091
>>3075093
I see, thanks guys
>>
>>3075075
It's 100% your fault, not hers. She only wanted to save the remaining ones or her life which you don't seem that interested in.
If you want to prevent those things you usually give the mother unlimited high quality wet food, weight the kittens every day and go to the vet asap if one of them doesn't gain weight or looses some.
>>
>>3075075
Look at it this way, a cat mom can't go to the vet by herself if one of her kittens is sick but she can eat it to at least try keeping a possible infection from spreading and to not waste even more milk on the dying one only to let it die a slow death.
The more humane thing seems to be mercy killing it and burrying it somewhere outside, but from the perpective of the other kittens that will just be wasting energy they could desperatly need in form of mother milk and the sensible thing concerning a dead kitten might be the death sentence for the still living ones.
It might seem crual and a cruel decision to make but it 1. makes sense and 2. cats don't have morals anyway.

A cats instincts don't know that there's a vet with antibiotics nearby and unlimited food forever in the cabin so you have to catch on the early signs that something is wrong and act before the mom does.
>>
File: i fucking ate them.jpg (76 KB, 1091x646)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_20190624_143656.jpg (2.7 MB, 3120x4160)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
OP im no kot expert (but have been loving animals an dtudying them since a kid).
...Kots DO that. And other animals bro... Giving birth is per se a risky shit and if you risk your life for sonething thatbyour instincs whisper that is not gonna make it to tomorrow... You eat tje meeat yo heal bro because you will be weak.
Darwin is a double sword bro. Sorry it took you without knowledge. Must been hirrying OP truly rossy.
Your kot is still your kot. Animals do not swtich apps as fast as we do.
>>
>>3075088
>Regular dry food
>Not high calorie kitten food

Congrats, there's a 50% your the reason your cat ate it's baby.
>>
>>3075069
lmao kys poorfag
Don't breed cats if you can't afford better food
>>
>>3075069
nature fuck yeah
>>
Okay so why is it illegal for me to eat my own babies?
God, I hate Hollywood.
>>
>>3075314
how about just don't breed cats ever
>>
>>3075347
Don't breed animals ever desu.
>>
>>3075347
How about you stop being a cat hating nigger
>>
Super normal behavior, as moms cats will eat EVERYTHING. I mean, think about the fact that you will never see a kitten pee or poo until they're old enough to run around.

Placenta? Fuck yeah eat it.
Sick kitten? Eat it, you might as well.

I find the fact that they clean up so thoroughly the most surprising part. White carpets and no stains from those kittens.
>>
>>3075778
>wahhhh stop hating cockroaches
>wahhhh stop hating rats
>wahhhh stop hating cats

just stop keeping vermin as pet.
>>
Many animals may abandon and even eat their young if they're weak as they probably wouldn't survive anyway.
it's funny how whenever there's a news story about some abusive mom, people in the comments go "even animals dont hurt their kids!!11" but they totally do.
>>
>>3075816
I wish we could keep filthy Russians like you as pets.
>>
>>3075778
Cat hating nigger > cat breeding nigger

Fag
>>
>>3075843
You're right
Cat haters are bigger niggers than cat breeders
>>
>>3075845
is being retarded and obtuse on purpose fun for you?
>>
File: Tomato_Bruschetta.jpg (115 KB, 715x477)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
She was hungry.
me too~
>>
>>3075845
>one shitposts about the problem on a Mongolian finger painting forum
>one actively adds to the problem
>hurr durr he said something bad about the kitties, he's worse!
Catfag logic everybody
>>
>>3075778
Why would people who like them backyard breed them?
>>
>>3075069
100% your fault as a negligent cat owner. Normies shouldn't be allowed to have pets.
>>
Post remains PLEASE.
>>
>>3075820
Facebook oldfags have no idea how animals work
>>
ITT: OP murders his kitten. You're a shit owner
>>
cats are shit animals

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.