[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: turkeys.jpg (236 KB, 840x473)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
BOSTON (CBS) – Sometimes nature can get a little too close for comfort, and sometimes that’s due to wild turkeys. We saw a tweet Monday about just that from someone who lives in the Moss Hill section of Jamaica Plain.

She complained about aggressive turkeys pecking at people out walking. We checked it out, and found that she’s not alone.

“It’s extremely scary. It’s frightening. If you’re walking they come up extremely, extremely close to you and they come forward like they’re going to bite you,” says Kathy Milmoe who lives in the neighborhood.

There are three wild turkeys that are causing problems for some neighbors in the Moss Hill area. It wasn’t hard to find people who have had a run in with aggressive turkeys.

“The one incident I had was with my mailman. I heard a lot of commotion. I looked outside and they had him cornered across the street, and he moved in a direction, and they were pecking,” says Dorothy Sergi who was out walking her dog.

“Just in front of my house, my husband has gone out maybe four or five times with the rake and the broom to keep them away from various people,” adds Kathy Milmoe.

We spoke to Boston Animal Control and they say they usually don’t deal with wild animals. But the state has given them permission to capture the troublesome turkeys in this neighborhood, but so far they’ve failed.

“It’s just gotten to be terrible that I’m fearful to go walking with my grandchild in the stroller. I’m actually fearful to go walking on my own,” Kathy says.

Wild animals are usually under the jurisdiction of the state wildlife agency. We reached out to that department, but they didn’t respond.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/05/13/jamaica-plain-residents-fear-wild-turkeys/
>>
>>3023666
>whole neighborhood AND the state losing to 3 turkeys
were these people trained in Australia?
>>
and just like all hoodlums those boys can run like the wind when the sirens light up
>>
>>3023666
>Jamaica Plain
The turkeys do less crimes than the niggers residing there.
>>
Just shoot them. Free food.
>>
>10 kg bird
>scary
>>
File: 1528676087442.png (53 KB, 1528x1184)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>3023865
>
>>
>>3023958
Rent free
e
n
t

f
r
e
e
>>
jive ass turkeys
fuck em
>>
do turkey eggs taste good?
>>
>>3024289
They're the same as chicken eggs but slightly bigger and more fatty
They aren't commonly sold because turkeys don't produce a lot of eggs unlike chicken and the difference is negligible in terms of quality
>>
Just survive till Thanksgiving and invite the Americans.
>>
>>3023958
Got a license to post those memes?
>>
Someone needs to inform the locals that you can fry up a turkey in much the same way as you fry up a chicken.
>>
AGLOLOLOLO THE DLAY OF TH THLDE ROPE HAS COME
>>
>>3024306
intradesting...
thanks for the info, friendo!
>>
>>3024336
NSA pls go
>>
I work at a vet tech for a mobile horse vet and have actually slapped a turkey on the head.

I have no trouble believing turkeys are doing this to people.
>>
>>3023666
lmao imagine being afraid of a fucking turkey. They're awkward and stupid little shits. Any healthy adult human should be able to instantly kick the shit out of one. The toms walk around making a bunch of hissing and they might peck ineffectively at you, but they're total paper tigers. Give them a good kick and they're fucking gone.
>>
>>3025176
spoken like a person who has never been in the vicinity of an attacking turkey
>>
>>3025214
Okay buddy, I've only raised and slaughtered dozens of them and have beaten the asses of wild ones on rec trails on many occasions. Unlike geese they give up fairly quickly if you inflict significant pain, and their pecks barely hurt at all.
>>
bump
>>
File: tenor.gif (3.49 MB, 498x280)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB GIF
>>3023666
it's too late
>>
>>3027419
What kind of ritual is this?
>>
>>3027493
Turkey undead summoning ritual. They taught it to the Native Americans, who used it at a great cost.
>>
>>3023666
I dont get it how people have problems with animals smaller/of less weight than them. Just fucking punch it in the face, christ, they cant do shit. Like grab it and throw it away or something lel. Fucking normies, scared of everything, cant even use a moducum of violence to ANYTHING. Useless pacifist retards, christ, I hope these turkeys fucking murder all of these retards jesus.
>>
bump
>>
Ben Franklins revenge has started
>>
>Hear from all sorts of people that Turkeys and Geese are wildly aggressive
>Walk up to groups of geese and they peace out
>Big flock of turkeys (males included) migrate around my house
>Walk straight to them and they flee

Why are people such pussies?
>>
>>3028908
Animals can always tell if you're a scared pussy or not.
Even a small bird will bully you like an apex predator if you activate its sissy receptors, I've seen normal pigeons jumping at people because they could tell they were intimidated.
>>
>>3028940
This. Lots of animals are smarter than you think. Birds especially are pretty fucking quick.
>>
bump
>>
https://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/turkeys

GRAVY GRAVY!
>>
>>3023865
>>3023958
>Man eats turkey
>Turkey terrorizes man
>Man kills turkey
>Man eats turkey
>Man no longer terrorized by turkey
>Man shares meat with neighbors
>Everybody celebrate

But he's unironically right. There's literally no downside to it.
>>
>>3031700
The downside is that people's cowardice and faggotry is enabled
>>
>>3031764
What? How so? If an outsider does it for them, then yeah, but if a local boy does it, then no.
>>
>>3031784
Shooting the bird will stop it from attacking you, but it won't make you any less of a pussy
If you can't get close to the bird without pissing your pants you deserve the bullying, not the meat
>>
>>3031801
It could also be an ethical thing. I've both shot and beat geese with a baseball bat, and beating a goose with a baseball is pretty fucking mean. They just don't die, so you have to keep hitting them over and over again, and all the while you're paranoid that someone might walk by and call the cops or something due to animal abuse, even though the goose has been attacking you and your neighbor's pets for the better part of a month and it needs to fucking go, so you keep hitting it, and it just flies away until it gets tired and flops to the ground with it's broken fucking neck, and you keep hitting it, and then it finally dies and it's hard as fuck to clean and process the meat because its internals got all fucked in the process.

You can do all that and return home with subpar meat, OR you can shoot it once and return home with a full fucking meal. Your choice.
>>
>>3023854
Jamaica Plain is getting gentrified as fuck. The turkeys probably sense these milquetoast losers have no spine.
>>
Whats stopping these people from just calling animal control for them to capture the little shits and relocating them?
>>
Do people not know that turkeys are delicious? They're also one of the easiest animals in the world to hunt, you could literally just walk up and kill it with a shovel. How are we the greatest predators on earth?
>>
Brb moving to turkey jamaica, I would love to shoot my dinner from my window
>>
>>3027672
>size is everything
>>
>>3023666
>scared of turkeys
absolute state of jamaica.
>>
>>3025214
t. jamaican
>>
>>3032102
>We spoke to Boston Animal Control and they say they usually don’t deal with wild animals. But the state has given them permission to capture the troublesome turkeys in this neighborhood, but so far they’ve failed.
>>
>shoo turkeys away
>nosey neighbor reports you for animal cruelty
>raped by jamal for 3 years
>>
>>3032479
>raped by jamal for 3 years
That will happen regardless, it's Jamaica.
>>
>>3032100
Gentrified?
You mean recovering from being a ghetto shithole?
>>
>>3032517
Retard
>>
>>3032517
jamaica plain idiot
>>
bump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.