[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

General thread for all content relating to birds, wild or pet. Feel free to ask questions, discuss, or blogpost about the birds in your life.

>clicker training, highly recommended.
https://hari.ca/avian-care/behavior-training/clicker-training-parrot-modify-behavior/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z-yiDIjn2s [Embed] [Open] [Embed] [Embed]
>bird chop, healthy bird food
https://www.thesprucepets.com/chop-concept-revolutionary-way-feed-birds-390189
>DIY bird cages
https://www.beautyofbirds.com/buildingacage.html
>Bird ID
https://www.allaboutbirds.org

oh yeah and some more info about serina : "Serina is an ongoing, chronological world-building exercise and speculative evolution project that explores the natural history of a fictional terraformed moon, two thirds the size of Earth and orbiting a large gas giant in the habitable zone of an alternate solar system, populated by only a handful of organisms including grasses, sunflowers, ants, crickets, guppies, and - most notably of all - a single land vertebrate: the domestic canary. Our journey to this strange world will take us from the very beginning and then progress steadily along though the eons as the world's newly introduced life adapts to and evolves to suit its strange, new and ever-changing environment.
"
>>
My bird flew into my fish tank and then tried to hump my head when I was taking a nap. Now he's sitting next to my knee moping.
What do?
>>
>>3021074
Put bird in a cage, when you're taking a nap?
>>
>>3021112
He's napping right now.
Should I hump him for revenge? (if evens, hump)
>>
>>3021117
Yes.
>>
>tfw no destinated shoulder shitting bird
>>
Any anons know how to make a parakeet I found not be so scared of me? I didn’t get it from a pet store or anything and I don’t know it’s background in the slightest because I found it on a playground at the school I work in and took him(?) home. But the little fucker is scared of everything and I just want to be friends with him.
>>
>>3021117
How do you even accomplish such a thing? And keep in mind he may enjoy it. Doesn't sound like good revenge.
>>
Okay /bird/, so this little bird just hit my glass door and is sitting on the ground, I assume it’s stunned. I’ve never seen its kind before. Can anyone help me identify it? I’m in Southern California if that helps narrow it down.
>>
>>3022436
Nevermind, just found a pic on the internet- it’s a blue-faced parrotfinch. Not native to California.
>>
>>3022031
It is a good feeling. I love it when my bird perched on my shoulder while I am chilling at the computer.
>>
>>3022056
A lot of patience, time, daily contact with normal houshold noises, offered snacks and a tame partner after some quarantine time.

>>3022436
>>3022440
Damn pretty that little idiot.
>>
>>3022445
Feeling of being shitted?
>>
>>3022445
Man, mine likes to fly onto my hand when he's thirsty and chill by my window when he's done.
>>
how often should you punch budgies
>>
>>3022517
Once a day
>>
>>3022031
It feels good to have bird perched on shoulder. Even the fact that it might shit on you feels good too.
>>
I love birds, chickens especially but I won't be able to keep any for half a decade until I can get my own place.
Any birds that are quiet and able to be kept in a single room? Closest thing that comes to mind are quail but those probably aren't as affectionate as I would want a companion to be. I don't know much though
>>
File: John-super-legs-attack.gif (1.65 MB, 500x490)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB GIF
>>3022701
pigeons are bretty good.
>>
File: 20190514_084710.jpg (391 KB, 768x1280)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>tfw found a nest of Great Tits living in some old exterior vent or something on the outside of my house
>can literally hear the chicks chirping away from my kitchen
>see mummy tit fly out of the hole to go get food

I don't want to pull it open and ruin their little family, but I wish I could see them
>>
What is the pitbul of bird world?
>>
>>3022874
Geese?
>>
How do I see more birds? I've plateaued at 216 and crave seeing more new ones. I haven't seen a new species since December.
>>
>>3022056
Patience, get him/her a friend, some toys and other stuff. They will be super scared at first but eventually they open up. In my experience it is, don't trust you! Don't trust you! Don't trust you! Best friends forever! And then they dont leave you alone.

If you dont want to spend a lot on toys you can hang a napkin or paper in their cage for them to rip up. If you have a cat some of those super cheap plastic toys hung up are great fun and anything with a bell is great. Just relax and hang out with it. When it starts to chatter it is feeling more relaxed and safe.
>>
>>3022738
I had the same with a blackstart family, the chirping is really fun.
Maybe you could use a endoscopic camera, there are almost aways used cheap ones for sale.
>>
>>3022056
How do you found one in the playground? How did you take it home?
>>3023156
How long does it take for a bird to completely trust you
>>
>>3022874
Umbrella cockatoos maybe. Everytime I see videos of them they are shouting and screaming and biting
>>
>>3023205
But niggers don't own them
>>
File: Vanellus-chilensis-001.jpg (92 KB, 1024x640)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
thoughts on lapwings? I think they're cute
>>
>>3023363
Yep, they are cool. Literally first bird that caught my attention in Chile.
>>
They're a groundbird that can handle itself in the woods, against cats, etc. They were almost the U.S. national bird apparently. They're pretty badass.
>>
>>3023363
Wow, extremely cute. It's like a secretary bird without the raptor countenance.

>>3023529
I've always had a soft spot for turkey hens. The toms are generally a pain in the ass, but then hens just look 100% nervous about everything at all times. Hits my nurturing bone pretty hard.
>>
>>3023570
They have spikes though. But they aren't aggressive or anything
>>
File: birdie.jpg (142 KB, 700x481)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>3023363
We got these cuties.
>>
>>3023198
I work at an elementary school as a tutor for the Mexicans who can’t read English and it was lunchtime and there was a huge crowd on the playground in a corner. I thought they were bullying some kid but there was a little parakeet and I grabbed him with my jacket. Took him home and got a cage.
>>
>>3023594
That's even cuter! I know they'd probably not like it, but I want to grab those little wing claws and wiggle the wings around with them.
>>
>>3023198
It depends. It took one of mine being super jealous of the other being with me to trust me. At first it was just his obsession with the other bird but he grew to like me too, now he barfs seeds on me because he loves me. The other one was a lot slower but once I started doing clicker training and forcing him to eat millet from my hands if he wanted the millet he came around pretty quickly, he also loves me and just hangs out on top of my phone or laptop while I am at home now.
>>
>>3022719
Looked into pigeons and they seem very nice. Though apparently they, and other birds like chickens have some kind of feather dust or something that can cause allergies by clogging up your lungs. I still want a couple to keep me company though, from what I have seen they are as affectionate as parrots and the like
Though I do want to raise a few coturnix quails too. Tough decisions
>>
>>3023724
You just need to air out the room once in a while or have an air purifier (which is a good idea anyway). My cockatiels shed a lot of dust.
>>
File: cockatiel forest.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>
Feeling artistic desu
>>
File: bird.png (1.92 MB, 1041x756)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
I got a photo of this bird. Can anyone identify it?

If it helps, it was hopping around looking at the trunks of trees (which made me think woodpecker), and this was in southwestern Ontario.
>>
File: IMG_20190510_201154102.jpg (1.33 MB, 3264x2448)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>3021025
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_whH3b8GNY
>>
>>3023723
>barfs seeds
What. What species?
My cockatiel is getting kinda familiar with me, but I cant get him out of the cage or I cant touch him. He comes to my finger easily if I have a millet and can hold him like two inches from my face
>>
>>3023876
Lmao. Put some colours on that and correct "Seig" to "Sieg" and Id frame it in my living room. Great work
>>
>>3023876
You don't even know which direction the swastika faces.
>>
>>3023883
B&W warbler
>>
>>3023936
Thanks!
>>
>>3023724
Seemingly all birds do this. The dust can come from their feathers and dry droppings. The proteins in the dust get in your lungs and cause immune system driven inflammation.
It's trivially prevented by keeping a clean cage/home, using ventilation or filtration, and using a vacuum with a HEPA filter. All of these are good anyway, in any home. High indoor air pollution is very common.
>>
>>3024206
Bird dust is nothing...
t. Used to cut fiberglass without protection.
>>
File: Worry.jpg (17 KB, 193x245)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>3024213
Bud...
>>
Heard a deathly bird squabble outside my window and it was a bunch of magpies viciously ganging up on another magpie. Hope it wasn't one of the couple that lives here that drew the short straw.
>>
>>3023928
Parakeets, it means they like you if they barf seeds on you. He gets super excited and taps my nail with his beak a whole lot then sometimes will barf seeds on it. It is just 3-4 partially digested seeds you can easily wipe away, no big deal.
>>
SEAGULLS ARE CUTE!!!! I LOVE SEAGULLS!!!!!!
>>
>>3024664
Based gull shit shiller
>>
File: 78673681.jpg (110 KB, 1200x800)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
What does /bird/ think of toucans?
>>
>>3024839
Interesting birds, but keeping them indoors seems to be difficult, since lifespan in captivity is less, than in the wild.
>>
>>3022874
Malay chickens. They're big, aggressive, and bred as cockfighting birds.
>>
>>3024664
(Sea)gulls are definitely underrated.
But why they must be so God damn leaky? Really, every time I am near to seashore, I get shitted. It is not a problem when you're swimming and chilling on the beach, since you have entire fucking ocean to wash yourself. But when you are there for other reasons shit gets annoying.
>>
>>3024879
What the hell are you doing to get shit on constantly? I lived on a gull filled beach for nine years and I only got shit on once. It gets on your car, your deck, yard equipment, patio, lawn chairs, but humans are too small of targets to hit too often by chance and we're not outside 24/7. You must be doing something to piss them off.
>>
File: temp.png (3 KB, 338x394)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>3025002
>What the hell are you doing to get shit on constantly?
Walk on sidewalk which is under street lights. I don't know which genius had came up with such idea (probably same mainland nigger like me who had never seen that many gulls). Pic related.
Or maybe I'm special, idk.
>You must be doing something to piss them off.
I dindunuffin.
>>
>>3025090
Also, they are lucky I love birds and locals give zero fuck about them, otherwise they would probably enjoy paperclips or blades mixed with fries.
>>
>>3024879
>But why they must be so God damn leaky?
They fly over seas, so they need to have minimal drag and minimal weight, since they need to soar.
Minimal drag is achieved by wide wingspan. Minimal weight is achieved by shitting on you.
>>
>>3025090
this is a very good work of art yhanks for enriching my life
>>
>>3025740
Kek, ur welcome
>>3025473
Makes sense.
>>
File: 1545526459131.jpg (71 KB, 640x811)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
please say nice things about my son
he just finished 7th grade and has been having a hard time coming out of his shell but i'm super proud of him
>>
>>3026758
it is a nice picture your son looks lovely. i hope he finds happiness and success in life.
>>
File: birdhowdy.jpg (111 KB, 612x612)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
Yay. I got to take my bird out from its cage and he chilled on top of the cage for like two hours. I also got to touch his beak while he was taking a treat from my fingers. Then I fed him a treat from my mouth.
Man it feels good to gain the trust of a bird. Also, he didn't get scared when I walked by him, like 4 inches away
>>
>>3027439
>Then I fed him a treat from my mouth.
Congrats. Get ready for bird feeding you.
>>
>>3027439
howdy
>>
>>3027463
Hot
>>
My bird is being mean to me >:(
>>
>>3027608
Yes, this is what you get for owning a bird.
>>
File: 1557744326001.jpg (85 KB, 680x683)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>"hey I should escape /pol/ for a while, I know, people used to raid /an/ with CAW CAW CAW, shit was funny, maybe they are funny again"
>"lets see some of the threads here"
>>3023876

I can never escape /pol/,christ, have a birb
>>
>>3023876
Look at the top of the eye.
More like:
>Feeling autistic desu
>>
File: killdeer.jpg (1.53 MB, 2081x1653)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
These things are multiplying rapidly where I work, and holy fuck are they noisy even in the middle of the night. Wiki says they like to forage at night when it's not their breeding season, but often I see them just standing around on the gravel chirping occasionally. However, there's also foxes, coyotes, bobcats and the like that hang around the area, and I'm starting to wonder if they're actually acting as night sentries for the rest of the group in case a predator comes near.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (367 KB, 800x593)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
I don't understand how birds push their cloacas together while facing the same direction.
>>
>>3027840
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuajdsOykLQ
(btw, I have no idea why I saved the link)
>>
>>3027846
What the fuck. It looks like the female's tail feathers are blocking their holes.
>>
>>3027848
On 0:01 you can clearly see how it works. Later in the video, gull above can't keep balance due to high cross-wind and flaps fully extended.
>>
>>3027840
they jump and twist at the right time so his hole splatters onto hers
>>
>>3027840
Flexibility. Their tails have tons of it.
>>
>>3027855
I think we need a GIMP-CAD for this.
I honestly don't understand, if they touch more-less precisely, or just cover everything in cum.
>>
How to increase my eBird score
>>
Looks so weird when the upper beak rotates up/out and the poofy cheek hides the lower beak.
>>
>>
>>3027846
That shows nothing. Aren't their assholes supposed to touch what the fuck
>>
>>3028013
For most of thst video the cloaca were not touching. To make cloaca touch, male needs to put his tail down one side of the female and then twist his body so his cloaca slides near the female cloaca. Female can also help by twisting her body so thst her cloaca sways to the side the male is on.
>>
>>3027846
You fucking know why.

>>3028013
That's a failed mating. Too much wind.
>>
>>3028181
>You fucking know why.
No, I don't.
>>
>>3028013
They failed, but I think you got the idea. On 00:01 they were pretty close.
>>
>>3028279
It's because you like seeing those wings and tails wiggling around, as they desperately try to get a cloacal kiss in the strong wind.
>>
>>3028368
Okay. I guess I know why I want to get a gf for my parrot...
What camera should I use?
>>
>>3028372
If you're not joking, new phone cameras are surprisingly good. If you were doing wild bird voyeurism I'd say you needed a real camera with a good telephoto, but in your own house a decent phone works. Good lighting is really the key for indoors shots, and keeping the camera steady is really important. Those cheap phone monopod things work really well for keeping things steady while not adding a lot of awkwardness.
>>
File: IMG_20190518_185101.jpg (2.08 MB, 2729x2585)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
How should I start petting my bird? I've been trying to get him to be comfortable around my face and fingers (pic related, Jew nose &my bird) but I still can't pet him. I can put my fingers like 1/4 inch away from his cheeks but then it's beaking time.
Today I got very gradually to touch his beak with the tip of my fingernail and got beaked again.

He isn't freaked out by me, he eats treats from the tip of my fingers etc.
>>
File: 1558339294313.jpg (226 KB, 700x757)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>3029106
approach bird with finger. when bird shows fear, stop and wait. when bird shows calming down, click a clicker and give a treat. bird knows that it gets a treat when it calms down. That is how i normally approach birds that are scared of getting head pats. doesn't take very long for them to eventually allow head scratches. oftentimes they will reluctantly allow head scratches but over time they will learn to fully trust you and enjoy the head scratches.
>>
>>3029108
Oh thanks, I totally forgot to use clicker training for this.
>>
File: rosie temp.webm (2.91 MB, 362x640)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
Well, she's gone from my parents' now. She's temporarily staying with someone else and when my brother (who owns her) has fixed up his new house she'll head over that way, so I'm not gonna see her that often anymore. Looks like she has a great place to stay in the mean time though, judging by this vid.
Gonna miss her.
>>
>>3028437
Idk, I would still prefer a compact digital over phone.
>>
My bird is being nice to me :)
>>
File: baltimore_oriole.jpg (424 KB, 2400x1572)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>finally see oriole using bird call app
>it's pretty
thank you mr oriole
>>
My bird is jacking off right now.
>>
>>3029636
On you? Hot! Take a vid
>>
>>3029638
No, he finished and now he's eating some snacks.
Also, ew, no again.
>>
File: 1556514150524.jpg (71 KB, 768x570)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>3029201
galahs act just like tiels but more intelligent
you can so see the progression between them and a sulfur-crested/umbrella
>>
>>3029645
>Also, ew, no again.
Jokes aside - don't let him fuck you
>>
>>3029668
Or do if you want an extremely clingy avian boyfriend.
>>
>>3029831
Stop. I don't want to be a birdfucker.
>>
>>3029840
You won't be doing the fucking, and what's the harm? He'll bond strongly and be your protective feathery bf.
It's not for the faint of heart. If you let him do it, then you'll have to take complete responsibility and never leave him alone for more than a few hours at a time. But if the lifestyle fits you, then you'll make him very happy.
>>
File: IMG_20190520_190454.jpg (3.69 MB, 3456x4608)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB JPG
I'm getting a second cockatiel. She is so cool. How noisy are female cockatiels compared to males?

I was checking her out in the breeder's place yesterday. The bird room was like a dream. Suddenly ten cockatiels flew on my head and shoulders and arms. They were so cute
Here's a picture of them.
>>
>>3022738
Wait until winter (non breeding season) and you can safely remove nest
>>
Any tips on making wild birds trust me? I just want to hand feed a bird
>>
>>3030141
Females are a lot less noisy than males in my experience,but a female separated from her flock mates (or her favourite flockmate) will make a fair bit of noise.
>>
File: IMG_9178.jpg (227 KB, 1046x784)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
big
>>
I went to the local bird shop for some supplies and their resident parrot said "hello" when I walked in and "bye-bye" when I left. She also did a little dance for me. So sweet.
>>
File: finches1.jpg (60 KB, 800x600)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
I'm debating on getting a pet bird.
What's the best starter birds? I like finches, how small and cute they are, but are they easy to manage?
>>
>>3030636
Yeah, but it's a baby. Like 10 weeks. She probably doesn't have any favorite flockmate by then?
>>
>>3030892
Cockatiel
>>
>>3030955
Can I ask what makes them easier for beginners than finches? Is it have to do with numbers of them?
>>
>>3030582
be gay
>>
>>3030968
Because there is no beginner bird. You just can't take a bird for a few months "oh this is just a beginner bird!"
Birds are usually almost for life. Tiny finches live 10 years. Cockatiels 15-30. Bigger cockatoos 30-70

So get a nice bird in the beginning. Get something you want, not something you want as a training.
Cockatiels have characteristics of a bigger parrot but are easier to maintain and aren't loud and eat only a little and mostly seeds and pellets
>>
How do i raise a bird so its tame, but doesnt want to fuck humans?
>>
>>3031159
Kinda the same commitment as children. You don't start out with an "easy" child and then trade it for another. You get the one and you stick with it, learning how to raise it along the way. Bumps in the road included.
Difference with birds is they don't fuck off when they're 20, so arguably the commitment is even greater than with children.
>>
>>3031232
Don't stimulate it sexually. Basically don't pet it anywhere except its head, as that's the one place birds need other birds to groom them in nature. Anywhere else (especially their backs) is for sexual only. And get another bird as a mate to satisfy its sexual needs.
>>
>>3031271
This. Also note that if you don't get your bird a mate or at least some kind of sexual outlet then you might end up with a pissy incel bird.
>>
File: Barb.png (1.05 MB, 830x752)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
birbe
>>
>>3031271
My bird doesn't let me pet him. Why?
How long should It take from the bird being terrified of me to let me pet him?
>>
>>3031457
>Why?
He doesn't need you to. Birds will literally come up to you demanding for pets. Either that, or he doesn't like the color of your skin or your rings or perhaps even nail polish. Maybe the color of your clothes.
>>
>>3031126
Birds literally avoid homosexuals
>>
>>3031457
Clicker train. And Don't force it.
>>
URGENT please an idiot threw some young magpies from their nest and got the in a dog cage thing cause he wants to tame them and make them go back to the house every once in a while, should i release them in the same place they were caught? Or should i wait for their mom to show up? Their nest is directly behibd ny house. I want then to survive and become proper magpies instead of him making them tame and releasing them into the wild and them being killed right away or hin killing the poor things. There!s two of them. So should i release them right away (its been a day, will their mother still remember?) ir wait til i spot their mom callinf them? They have short tails, but developed feathers, can run and jump just fine.
>>
>>3031990
dont let people like that 'tame' intelligent wild animals for their own entertainment. see if the mother magpie comes back and let her see the babies. she wont have forgotten about them. Very difficult to read your post though. you sound underage.
>>
So like are only small birds instant dead by cigarette smoke? Ive noticed people with parrots smoking around them and its always made me curious because budgie + cigarette = dead

I dont plan on like smoking near them
>>
>>3031516
citation needed
>>
>>3032022
I know, i'm sorry. In the morning i only had wifi for a while, so i rushed it.
The problem is i don't want hin to realize i left them free, so i have limited time during the day. I have seen a magpie in the tree the nest is in and have heard them around (haven't heard any loud calls or seen any bird approaching, though). Would it be safe to just leave them free around the tree? They're fast enough and hop flapping their wings.
>>
>>3032023
I smoked near my cockatiel once or twice and it makes him shit his guts out so I don't do it anymore.
>>
File: citation.jpg (65 KB, 1200x675)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>3032060
>>
Magpie anon here. I took them past a fence next to the tree and let them out. Lucky me, i saw an adult magpie some metres behind it just before letting them free. I hope it was their mother looking for them. They made some magpie-y sounds, and disappeared. There's plenty grass and places to hide in that zone, i'm sure they will be safe. Now let's hope the idiot doesn't get too angry.
>>
>>3031990
Buddy, you have to be 18 to post here. I know /an/ is a blue board, but it's full of turbo autists and zoophiles. Stay away until your brain has finished developing.
>>
>>3032023
I think the bigger the bird the "safer" it is. Cockatiel is about 1000x smaller than me, but a big parrot is only 100x lighter.
Its a big difference
>>
>>3021025
>be me, yesterday
>about to let dog out back door on basement level
>on steps up to the surface, notice a fledgling robin sitting on rail
>put on gloves to relocated it to field area behind my yard (where the dog can't get it)
>hops up and starts running with it's little dino legs across the yard
>manage to heard it through fence crack out to field
>parent robins are on fence shrieking and chirping at me
>go outside today, parents still in the area, fussing at me as usual
I hope the little guy is okay. I love birds
>>
File: angery.jpg (23 KB, 600x439)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>TFW BIRD WON'T SHUT THE FUCK UP
>JUST WANT TO EAT MY SOUP
>ONLY TIME HE DOESN'T SHUT UP IS WHEN HE'S PERCHED ON MY HEAD
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: royal-palm-turkey.jpg (98 KB, 484x354)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
I want a few yard birds.
Should I get Turkeys or be a loser and get peafowl?
>>
>>3032590
Chicken?
>>
>>3032602
Why get a chicken when I could get a turkey?
Neither of them a very expensive.
>>
>>3021025
/bird/ I need help.
I just bought myself a parakeet two days ago after months of planning and researching.
However, the moment I got home, fed the bird and gave it water, I started having the worst anxiety attack.
I tried to finish some work, but my brain felt like it was made out of fucking ice.
One night passed and I woke up feeling absolutely shit, I opened the window and the bird started chirping with the birds outside and it broke my fucking heart.
Immediately I wanted to return the bird, but as soon as I decided to, I felt my heart ache something damned.
I couldn't even hear the birds chirp outside without feeling physical pain.
My granny offered to take it for a day just to see how I felt about it, I woke up today and felt absolutely fantastic.
But then I start thinking about the bird and the birds outside chipper and I get indecisive again.
I told my roomie, who said it's just normal anxiety and I should get the bird back, that the anxiety disappears after a while.

It all boils down to: Am I not ready for a bird? Or is my anxiety fucking me over?
I really want a bird, but I have serious commitment issues that I didn't know I had.
>>
>>3032743
>Am I not rea
Yes. Both.
>>
>>3032616
Depends on what you want. For meat, turkeys are, imo, superior in every way. If you want eggs: Chickens. If you want curious little pet birds who wander around and enjoy your company: Chickens. Turkeys are fearful, lazy fucks who don't lay eggs regularly, but damn do they taste good.
>>
>>3032743
It sounds like you're not even ready to dress yourself. Jesus Christ, get your shit together. Pet ownership is for people who can take care of themselves and their pet at the same time.
>>
>>3032749
No, you're fucking right. I'm returning the bird.
>>
>>3032743
Either you're scared, either you're plain retarded.
>>
>>3032747
I just want something that looks pretty in my yard. Peafowl are over kill. Big gooblers walking around seem like a good fit.
>>
>>3032753
Sorry bro. Take some consolation that returning the bird is likely the most responsible thing you could do. Being able to reflect on your choices and admit you made a mistake is a skill most humans lack, so good on ya.

>>3032760
Okay fine. But turkeys are nomadic; they often just walk off forever if you don't pen them.
>>
>>3032761
Yeah I know. I'm already planning on building some fences for whatever I plan to get. Got a good half-acre area I have for a lawn.
>>
>be me
>few days ago
>propane tank outside house has a dome lid thing with a hole in it
>robin's nest is inside
>extremely windy day
>the metal dome blows open while I'm at work
>come from
>bunch of baby robins on the ground, all alive
>don't know what to do, panic
>scrub hands with water and put them back in the nest
>tie the dome shut so it doesn't happen again
>call a rescue center
>they say my scent shouldn't matter to the mom and they should be fine
>fast forward to today
>peek into their best
>they're all dead
Feels pretty depressing man
>>
Does anyone know the name of those doves that have a tail that fans out? I remember one of my aunts had one, and it was always pissed off at us and fanning out her tail to look menacing
>>
His name is Yoda
>>
>>3021025
>taking morning walk
>hear chirping from within bush/tree on the path
>decide to whistle to see if anything will come out
>a pretty little cardinal comes out, we make eye contact
>it hops away deeper in to the brush
means good luck for me, boys
>>
>>3032841
All birds do that.
Maybe a fan tail pigeon but literally every single bird except flightless ones fan their tails to be threatening
>>
>>3032906
>building a cage for a parrot out of wood
Bad idea m8, he's gonna tear that shit up sooner or later.
Also keep in mind not all metals are safe. https://birdtricksstore.com/blogs/birdtricks-blog/safe-metals-for-parrots
>>
>>3033373
>Bad idea m8, he's gonna tear that shit up sooner or later.
Wood is cheap, so it is not an issue. Just design it in such a way, that you can easily replace wood.
But metal looks to me like zinc-plated steel, which is not good. I might be wrong though.
>>
can i breastfeed my budgie
>>
>>3033416
What?
I think this time you need calibration
>>
>>3033416
It would be very painful.
>>
There's a cardinal that fights with his reflection in my sliding glass door every day. He's pretty cute but I also want to save him the trouble somehow?
>>
>>3033586
Stick something like paper on window
>>
>>3033626
And how do I befriend the cardinal
>>
>>3034108
I don't know.
>>
>>3033373
That bitch is weak as fuck and has not bit the wooden parts at all
And its a steel cage, It has some color change to it, but he never climbs on the cage with his beak because its so big (several m2)
>>
>>3033392
its not plated with anything. And I never see him climb on the bars because there is so much room in the cage and different perches and stuff
>>
>>3034180
Oh, I see rust now. So yeah, bare steel is OK.
>>
File: xiaxtfuclttpq82stour.jpg (79 KB, 940x627)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
how much ground beef should I be feeding my budgie per day?
>>
>>3034578
1 Oz per punch is a good measure. Up to 100 punches a day
>>
Is it normal for bird chicks to bite one of the chicks, do they try to kill him or something?
>>
How do I get my bird to vomit in my mouth? I want to know how it feels. I tried positioning myself beneath him and making peeping noises but he just walked away.
>>
>>3035439
>How do I get my bird to vomit
Why?
> in my mouth?
Wait a second... What?
Okay, sick bastard, you first make bird see you as mate.
>>
>>3035009
Normal, but you better separate them.
>>
File: Cucked.jpg (395 KB, 790x513)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
have sex
>>
>>3035442
I just want to know what bird vomit tastes like.
So how do I do this whole mating thing? The bird likes me but I think he likes me more like a friend to eat meals with and sleep near. Should I try massaging his back? Tbh this might be hard since he /might/ be weirded out I lick his toes sometimes. I appreciate how much cleaner they taste than human's.
>>
>>3033432
He's a big guy
>>
>>3035451
Kek. Try licking cloaca, idk.
Jokes aside, they will start feeding you at some point. Massaging back might work.
Also, friend wants to know how bird puke tastes, can you describe it, after you try it?
>>
>>3035465
>>3035451
Oh, friend also wants to know how bird shit tastes. Can you try for him?
>>
>>3035465
Sure, mate.
Funny thing is, as soon as I made that post, he flew over to me and demanded I rubbed his head for a bit until he got hungry. Maybe putting that request out into the world is setting the wheels in motion.
>>
>>3035451
You can't force such things. Eventually he'll probably get horny and start humping stuff. Offer your hand if he doesn't target it for humping immediately. If he still refuses, well just accept that you've been friend zoned by a bird.

>>3035465
>>3035467
Cloaca tastes like their feathers smell, with a little tartness and umami. Crop regurgitant probably tastes like what they recently ate, since it's just that mashed up and mixed with a little enzyme filled mucous.
>>
>>3035500
>Cloaca tastes like their feathers smell, with a little tartness and umami
Y-your really had tried, or just shitposting?
>>
File: 1ZuntBJ__01__01.png (62 KB, 172x244)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>3035505
Yes.
>>
>>3035521
Well, okay.
I guess I might try too. After all I tried WD40 and kerosene.
>>
Why birdfags have weird fetishes?
>>
>>3035692
We don't know
>>
>>3035443
OK. What about that one of the birds is clearly smaller and less develoepd than the others ? Can it harm the bird? Its on hand feeding right now
>>
>>3035500
>You can't force such things.
Keeping it single is a pretty good way.
>>
>tfw the 2nd of my first 3 chickens just died in my lap
It was a good 5 years for me Petey. I hope it was for you too : (
>>
>>3035726
They can kill it.
>>
>>3035737
He IS single. He doesn't even masturbate looking in his mirror anymore. It's like he had achieved nirvana and realized that sex isn't as important as his one true passion: protecting my dishwasher. He will do anything to deter me from reaching the dishwasher and will flat out attack my feet for approaching it. What does that dishwasher have that /I/ don't? I can wash dishes too, you know? It's not fair.
>>
>>3035788
I'm sure you gave her a phenomenal life anon. Most chickens are never loved at all.
Having them go with you by their side is the best way. I always feel fortunate when it works out that way.
>>
>>3035810
>What does that dishwasher have that /I/ don't?
Making humming noises for 30 minutes straight?
Also, how would a bird have a wank? Their claws and their beak would most probably rip its willy off
>>
>>3036064
They press their cloaca up to something and rub it side to side for a few minutes, raising their wings as if they're gliding and making smug "chichik" noises before cumming. I've woken up to him doing that to my hair (would've preferred for him not to) but there doesn't seem to be a preference as long as the surface is smooth and doesn't scratch their willy. Loads of birds do this in the mirror if they don't have a mate though judging from forum posts on other parrot sites.
>>
>>3032792
Update on this

The mother came back. Or I assume it's the same mother Robin, if it went back to that nest. It laid another egg, and now the dead babies are piled outside the nest. I thought they died because they were abandoned, why did this happen? Would the mother have abandoned the nest long enough for them all to die and come back? Did it really pull all the dead babies or did they get washed out with rain or something? Is removing the dead a thing birds do? It looks like there is new nest materials on top of it too, where the dead ones used to be
>>
>>3036064
They don't have a willy. Well, most birds don't, and that includes all parrots. Like anon said, they masturbate by rubbing on stuff.
>>
File: 1509519884656.jpg (731 KB, 500x2588)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
Bird thread up on /qa/
>>>/qa/2759391
>>
>>3036401
?
>>
File: 1543094200411.png (95 KB, 388x395)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
my bird flew away
>>
>>3037286
How? Which bird?
Clipped or not?
>>
>>3035810
Seems like territory behaviour. Maybe he thinks of the dishwasher as a better mate than you or he sees it as a nisting place.

Seriously what's the charm about behaviour issues of a mentally fucked up bird?
>>
What's a good parrot in apartment?
It will be my first bird, so something pretty straightforward if possible.
>>
File: A5VvTGD.png (132 KB, 438x399)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
bird update: still flew away, but he's no longer making noise outside so he's probably flew off farther or is dead
>>
>>3037691
>Make noises
>Don't try to catch
>>
>>3037698
should I have climbed the giant tree he was in
>>
>>3037711
Yeh.
Once my bird flew into a tree so I climbed up it and got him.
>>
>>3037716
How do you just take him?
>>
>>3027668
>escape /pol/
All of 4chan is /pol/, and has been since before /pol/ was even /pol/.
>>
File: DSC_3790.jpg (1.55 MB, 2256x1496)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
Took this pic last week, male and female woodpecker both very hungry!!!! know next to nothing about photography I just point and click fyi
>>
>>3037799
>know next to nothing about photography
lol. It's decent, but keep the frame level next time.
>>
>>3037820
Yea I suck lol I was trying to hurry and the window pane was in the way. Here's a slightly less shitty one
>>
>>3037711
Yes. Trees ain't that high.
>>
File: PicsArt_05-26-04.15.44.jpg (753 KB, 2256x1496)
753 KB
753 KB JPG
>>3037834
Love forgetting to attach images
>>
>>3037837
qt. Good job anon.
>>
>>3037820
IT'S DUTCH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3037725
He got spooked so just putting my finger in front of him kept him with me.
Back when he couldn't fly yet, I would let him half-fly with his little fledgling wings at a field nearby so he's pretty used to flying back to me and around but he missed his landing spot and flew into a tree that one time.
>>
>>3037861
Nah we don't have those kinds of angles over here.
t. Dutch guy.
>>
I have two parakeets. Should I have three?
>>
>>3037961
I like to up them in pairs so everyone has a friend if two decide to want to be left alone.
>>
>>3037968
The two I have don't really get along. One is obsessed with the other and follows him around and the other one just seems to want to be left alone.
>>
Can someone ID this bird please? There wasn’t a sign at the store
>>
>>3038032
green cheek conure?
>>
>>3038035
I thought conures were the peachy ones
>>
>>3038039
There are many types of conures I guess.
>>
>>3038042
Well he’s a cutie
>>
DOES MY BIRD EVER UNDERSTAND WINDOWS?
It has been with me for two months now. During the first two weeks he escaped and flew into the window a few times.
Since then Ive been shutting the curtains almost all the way down when I open the cage. He hasnt tried ever since. Ive been showing him the window for atleast 20 times and hitting the window with my hand.
Today, I decided to take him near the window and tapped the window glass with my fingers. He flew to it again (luckily he was like 1 feet away) but he is fine. Just flapped against it
>>
>>3038388
Some birds understand it, some don't.
My parrot understands how glass works, but he doesn't understand how mirror works at all.
What bird?
>>
File: IMG_20190530_172107.jpg (670 KB, 1376x1794)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
>>3038448
Cockatiel

Why does his hair looks like this? What are those weird "beads" on his hair, isn't that the tip of the feather stuff? And what is that black shit on his head??
>>
>>3038592
Those "beads" are chutes the feathers start growing in during initial development. When they're still attached they're called pinfeathers. I just call them chutes or pinfeather chutes when they're detached but still hanging onto the feather. You can slide them off if he can't get rid of them.
The black stuff looks like something he got into.
>>
>>3038592
Bruh you're supposed to pull those things off for him.
>>
>>3038622
>>3038625
He doesn't let me touch him, at least not much. I rubbed his beak a bit today, but after 15 secs I got bitten
>>
>>3038628
Mouthfeed him walnuts and pecans.
>>
>>3038630
Why
>>
>>3037799
That's a very small pecker.
>>
A raw duck bite me today.
am I dying to?
>>
>>3039126
No blood = no problem usually.
Blood = well, I wish you good night.
>>
>>3039126
It marked you for rape. I suggest getting lube ready. Generations of evolution have made it so no barrier can stop the corkscrew dick from finding its target so you should at least try and make sure your anus will remain intact. I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>3039127
No blood but red spot and one scratch mark. I was bitten by a bird once and blood but the bird was vaccinated and nothing happened. This was a wild(feral) bird (male).
>>
>>3039135
Wash it, obviously.
>>
>>3039126
You're going to be fine. Kick the duck next time. Don't let birds bully you unless it's a cassowary or larger.
>>
>>3039185
No I was flirting with the duck's girlfriend with corn chips. I deserved it ):
>>
>>3039187
You cucked a duck and didn't follow through? If you're going to bull, then fucking bull. Look him dead in his duck eye and give his gf a corn chip right from your hand.
>>
File: D70-FRVXUAIk0yg.jpg (258 KB, 1200x900)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
I adopted this budgie yesterday from another tenant in the building who was neglecting him, doesn't have a name afaik and he's really frightened and withdrawn, gonna be getting him some toys and treats today but does anyone have any tips on general care and maybe ways of getting him to open up to me (I already know the basic stuff like covering his cage at night etc)
>>
>>3039295
Another budgie. Also some things to explore, maybe some plants he can forage through and eat.
>>
>>3039295
Start clicker training once he's settled in. Never use any kind of aggressive negative feedback, it doesn't work on birds at all.
>>
>>3039313
Won't be able to get another budgie anytime soon, gonna get him a mirror and lots of toys to keep him occupied today though, and maybe if I can afford a bigger cage in the future I'll get him a friend
>>3039317
Clicker training, alright. So far I've just been sitting next to his cage, at a lower height so he's not too afraid of my presence and softly singing and whistling to him, he's warmed up a tiny bit and was sat on the perch closer to me, instead of the one furthest away
>>
>>3039295
You really can't speed up the process.
After a few days try giving him treats through the bars and just make him feel happy and don't force him to interact with you
>>
>>3039413
He goes crazy when I'm at my desk, hidden behind my stupidly large monitor, only seems to quiet down when I'm close or giving him attention, but then he also seems to be scared when I'm close too? BIRB PLS
>>
File: bob-hop.gif (2.16 MB, 689x450)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB GIF
I like it when birds hop from one object to another, or from high to low.
>>
File: bob-hop-2.gif (1.82 MB, 600x395)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB GIF
another hop
>>
WHEEEEEE
>>
>>3039489
>>3039490
They look cute when they hop. I can take video of my bird hopping later
He is also a cockatiel
>>
>>3039526
please do, i want to see more cockatiel hop
>>
>>3039317
Negative feedback works with birds, but usually it is other way around.
>>
>>3039609
*bites you*
>Skre kek kek kek
>>
So I'm working at a train station and this pigeon has managed to get in but now can't get out because all the walls are glass and it confuses her. I've put some food and water as high as I can plus some more leading to the exit, but the retard refuses to come down and eat it, she stays out of reach. It's been at least 4 hours now, and it's a pretty hot day, how long until it succumbs to fatigue, and is there any way to help her?
>>
>>3039626
There is basically nothing you can do except capture it. They're just really scared because they can't get out.
>>
>>3039530
Reeh, im out. I got a good hop video but its too hard to get it to webm and remove sound and everything.
Whatever, just imagine a nice hopping video
>>
File: 7f4.jpg (97 KB, 400x474)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>be me, sick
>watching videos about unsolved fbi mysteries
>bird flies into my room after eating breakfast and onto my bed
>won't stop grooming himself an inch away from my face, blocking the screen, and keeps asking for head rubs before biting me if I stop
REEE
>>
>>3022031
Is there any bird that will more than likely not shit on your stuff including your shoulder, pretty much, is there one that makes for a good urban pet?
>>
>>3039672
My Crimson Rosella flies away to shit and then comes back, or sometimes just aims where he won't hit me. It's trainable.
>>
File: 123352091.jpg (272 KB, 1200x900)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>3039674
Wow, that bird looks beautiful, how's been your experience with her? I've never owned birds before but I'd like to get what I'm getting into beforehand.
>>
>>3039682
She's very demanding, attention-wise, and stupidly active. If I move slightly towards a door, she'll either jump straight onto my shoulder far faster than needed, or flies at mach 3 through the door, crashing right into wathever piece of furniture works as a landing spot. All her favourite games include hunting stuff or hiding in dark places, not unlike a cat.
She's smart, and has gotten used to my gestures and tone of voice, but is not a good learner in terms of spoken commands, or tricks. Has really bad mood, and bullies her bro (a smaller eastern Rosella) at every opportunity
All in all, noticeably harder to manage than a 'tiel but not a total autist and barely screams. Also chirpy as fuck.
I would not recommend getting one unless you specifically want a parrot that doesn't scream but can't commit to bigger challenges like macaws.
>>
>>3039609
It's fucking funny when I grab our galah with both hands and tell her "no" in a firm voice and she starts spastically throwing her head around, looking away from me as best as she can. Just like a little kid would.
She definitely knows I'm reprimanding her, but I doubt the effectiveness since next time she does the same thing again anyway.
My brother, who is basically her daddy since he raised her as a chick, has much more control over her. When he says no she definitely abides. Probably because she knows she can't get away with being cheeky with him as opposed to me.
>>
>>3039667
What bird?
>>
bird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPw9qJjSyPI
>>
>>3039626
Okay, took some time and effort but managed to get her to eat and walk out. Wasn't interested in water for some reason, but at least she's safe now.
>>
>>3039714
Sounds great desu
>>
>>3039737
Tiel.
He gave my thumb a nice manicure, walked away to sit on my foot, then came back and screwed my nail up. Now he's sitting in front of my face grooming again.
I just want to go outside to the park but I'm in between cold sweats and fevers.
Very good bird but I would prefer if he'd go into a different room so I can watch my murder documentaries in peace.
>>
The local sparrow gang found my bird feeder.
While tits, robins and nuthatch have very good manners those cute little gangsters spill seeds and shells everywhere.
>>
>>3039489
The one in the background makes this really fun.
>>
>>3039762
Sparrows are the gypsys of the bird world.
>>
>>3039415
He craves social contact and calls for it but is scared of you or humans in general.
I don't know if a mirror, fake bird or bird noises could help to calm him down a bit or if it would cause him to go nuts but it might be woth a try if it's not for too long.
>>
>>3039760
Lmao. How long has he been with you? I also have a tiel but he is not nearly as familiar with me as yours is with you.
>>
>>3039783
About 3 years.
Not sure what would be the best method to get a bird to latch onto someone, he was clingy even before I got him, but I think he really formed a bond with me because he enjoyed watching me cook eggs for breakfast (one of the first noises he learned to parrot were egg scraping), then other foods caught his interest like oatmeal, bean soup, and beets, and then he'd fly onto me whenever he heard me enter the kitchen even if it's pitched dark. It was kind of like Ratatouille or something.
Nowadays, like when I'm sick, he'll get stressed out and pick at my hand and face to try to get me up for breakfast. Even gave me a grain of rice earlier.
>>
>>3039803
Lol sounds fun. My cockatiel has been with me like 8 weeks and isn't really scared me anymore but for example refuses to perch on my shoulder, even though he climbs on my finger straight away. But well, I'm making little steps every day and he is getting more and more familiar with me

Aren't you stressed about Teflon fumes or are they just a myth?
>>
>>3039835
Teflon isn't a myth. I don't have non-stick pans anyways. Don't do it.
>>
>>3039838
What pans do you use? I changed to carbon steel when I got my bird
>>
>>3039835
>Aren't you stressed about Teflon fumes or are they just a myth?
PTFE stars deteriorate at 260C, producing all sorts of nasty stuff. Combined with overheated smoking oil, it is pretty bad. Not only for birds, but for humans too.
Since stoves can easily heat up beyond 300C (I melted lead once on stove), I would be careful with PTFE cookware and appliances.
>>3039849
Not him, but I don't like Teflon. Shit still sticks to it, but you can't scrub it off without damaging PTFE coating.
Stainless steel and cast iron are probably the best. Bare aluminium is good too.
If you really need shit not sticking, cooking sprays are better at it.
>>
>>3039849
Not him but I use cast for almost everything and stainless steel when it's more appropriate. People bitch that it's a pain in the ass, but I've never had any trouble and having a sturdy cooking surface is really nice.
>>
is it better to buy just one cockatiel or two? at a local petstore they have two in one cage (male and female) who are probably used to each other, i'll be getting a cage big enough for two birds, but as a first time owner i'm not sure about getting two birds at once.

Should I or shouldn't?
>>
>>3039882
Only buy one bird if you're okay with dedicating a huge part of your day, every day, for decades, to being their "mate". 99.9% of people should get two birds.
>>
>>3039887
I really want to have a best buddy, who will cuddle with me etc., I would provide the bird every thing possible to make the bird happy. I am just concerned about some difficulties coming with the fact of having a mating pair.

In case one single bird would consider me a buddy while having two would make them happy by themselves and they would be real buddies of mine, then I would be just considering the fact of 'saving' then from the pet store
>>
File: 1558880105567.jpg (66 KB, 1600x900)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Keep eye on postcount.
I also remind you that threads with discord links are NOT legit and MUST be ignored.
>>
>>3039945
Don't buy a bird then if your only purpose for getting a single one is so you can cuddle it and be bestest closest buddies with it (no one else can take away that closeness) . I think it is very selfish. You don't have to get two that are living together though, you can get one from one pet store and another one from a different pet store.
>>
>>3039945
Oh having a mating pair is not that big of an issue.
>>
File: bob-disturb-john2.gif (1.82 MB, 400x307)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB GIF
disputes over food bowl privileges
>>
>>3039882
I suggest getting one first. It's WAY easier to tame it when he's alone.
Then the other one tames easily because it follows the already tame one
>>
What does this mean? Ive been getting really close with my cockatiel in the past few weeks and today I got to scratch his beak ever so gently.
I tried to rub his cheeks and he bit me a bit, it didnt hurt or even feel like anything but I saw that he tried to "bite".
He didnt move away though, before he just went away if I tried to give an empty hand (no treat). This time he just sat there.
>>
>>3040680
Completely normal cockatiel behaviour
>>
>>3039945
>I would provide the bird every thing possible to make the bird happy
Then it's at least two.

If you want to be as sure as possible that one of them will cuddle with you adopt adults from a loving private owner/breeder that describes them like that.
It really depends a lot on upbringing and character.
>>
>>3039803
>Not sure what would be the best method to get a bird to latch onto someone
Does he have an alternative?
>>
>import pet bird I fucking own
>CITES
>30 day quarantine, not even at home, but in government facility with questionable conditions (like in majority of countries)
>for a bird, that will pluck its feathers if left alone for a while

>import dog/cat
>can carry many nasty thing
>no problem, welcome

Don't ask me why I'm so mad, and why I'm anarchist now.
>>
>>3041051
>(like in majority of countries)
not like*. In whiter countries they have house quarantine, which is OK.
>>
File: inhale2.gif (2.82 MB, 500x429)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB GIF
big yaw
>>
>>3021025
I saw a whole bunch of what looked like female house finches harassing a male finch, following him around, flapping their wings. Occasionally he would give one of them a seed.
I thought it was a mating thing but I looked it up and it could also be a father and fledgelings, is there any way to tell the difference?
>>
>>3021025
What are the most autistic birds?
>>
>>3041504
Cockatoos?
>>
>>3041504
Umbrella cockatoos, so Ive heard.
>>
My female budgie constantly mounts her male partner and the male gets in female position, raises his tail and allows her to hump him. Why? Is this normal? They're around 4 years old if that matters.
>>
>>3041647
Are you sure that they are the right gender? Females can sing too
>>
>>3021025
I've not posted on this board a single time or even been on here a single time before this.
I love nature, I have dogs and love them, today one of my dogs had something in her mouth, it was a fledgling bird, it was still alive but there was blood around it, almost certain it was going to die, so I did what I thought was best and put a rock to it's head, felt really bad afterwards even though I was sure I was putting it out it's misery.
Now an hour ago, two more fledgling birds - I'm not sure what type of birds they are, a sparrow or something pretty common. This time my dogs were inside, I've never seen this before and didn't know what to do, but I approached one of the birds and it ran straight into a gap in a wall, wedged itself right in there, stuck. I've tried to get it out with prongs, no luck, it's going to stay there and starve to death, my fault. The other fledgling bird hopped off into some tall grass, I don't know if birds stay alive overnight or whatever, but I always assumed they learn to fly within an hour of trying (these didn't).
FEEL LIKE PURE SHIT LADS.

also accidentally posted this in the wrong thread, today has been awful
>>
>>3041688
I'm pretty sure about the genders. The female has white cere and male has a dark blue cere
>>
>>3022031
Why would you want a designated shoulder shitting bird?
>>
File: 1547825873051.jpg (13 KB, 451x452)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Remember: No Discord
>>
>>3041924
New thread
>>
>>3039882
Gary Larson has an comic book entirely about pic related lol
>>
>>
>>3041051
Anon you are the one that did those things to the bird since you wanted something fancy instead of just adopting a normal bird from near you like a normal person.
>>
>>3042372
I just want to fucking move bird I already have.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.