[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: t.jpg (114 KB, 1024x686)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
This is the Cat general. Discussion of domestic and wild felines belongs here.

Join the cat conversation at /an/cord's cat section.
https://discord.gg/3xGbBG2

Old thread: >>2981345

Food & Nutrition
>http://catinfo.org/docs/Feeding%20Your%20Cat%20-%204%20pages%2011-13.pdf
>http://consciouscat.net/2012/03/22/the-best-food-for-your-cat/

Outside Enrichment
>https://catiospaces.com/
>http://www.adventurecats.org/backcountry-basics/train-your-cat-to-walk-on-a-leash/
Behavioral problems
>https://thecatsite.com/threads/inappropriate-peeing-problems-answered.9563/
>http://www.catvets.com/public/PDFs/PracticeGuidelines/FelineBehaviorGLS.pdf

Kitten care
>http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2137&aid=912

Cat Food Database:
>http://catfooddb.com/
>>
first for fuck tabbies
>>
File: Resized_20190414_183456.jpg (496 KB, 900x1200)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>
File: 1547157099212.jpg (295 KB, 2048x1536)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>
>>2994166
Whatever's wrong w/ this guy?
>>
File: boneitis.gif (829 KB, 320x240)
829 KB
829 KB GIF
>>2994168
boneitis
>>
I wish my kot was this friendly :/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj0HAOKmRak
>>
Reposting to help anon
>>2994071
This is what I do with my cat:
I'll wait till her mood becomes lazy or she just chilling, usually after a meal or after being very active. I make her sit like pic related with her tummy up. Then I pet her a little and say nice words for her relax. I give her my instruments to sniff (clippers, brush, whatever I use) and then clip the tips of nails one by one. Usually nails on legs doesn't need it cause they grow slower, use google to know how to cut and don't make a trauma. Mostly my cat stays chill like that and even purrs. Sometimes she won't give paws so I cut just some of nails, and leave the rest for another day. Last time there was a cat video on my screen and she was disctracted by the video so I clipped all nails at once. Try different approach, make sure that cat feels safe and relaxed. Cat should trust you. Also a little treat can help
>>
>>2994147
Is that the kungfu panda tiger
>>
File: IMG_20190415_152844_1.jpg (1.82 MB, 3120x4160)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>2994149
rude
>>
>>2994147
chonky big kot
>>
It was a gloomy day so my kot spent all day sulking in her tent
>>
>>2994147

So my sister's looking for a cat and she's stuck between picking a Russian Blue and a British Short-hair. Which would you pick and why?
>>
>>2994147
damn suo you really killed your server lol also discord links arent allowed here anymore
>>
>>2995463
Answer's always "personality". Which one's a standoffish cunt and which one's a lover. Easy as.
>>
File: 20190409_153359.jpg (2.32 MB, 2497x1676)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>2994147
Mittens and Gravy with cheese
>>
>>2994777
looks like my old boy :( they all look the same at that age though
>>
Is it okay to hydrate kibble, if so how much? I need to put my cat on a special diet but can't afford the wet alternative. Also why do you guys link to a blog the advises to never vaccinate indoor cats?
>>
do you ever fantasize about adopting a stray kitten?
>>
>>2995707
Take a syringe without a needle, fill with water and sprinkle into cat's mouth
>>
File: sleepy.jpg (183 KB, 1440x1080)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
I found a stray kitty today. I saw this cat in a field who looked similar to my recently deceased cat and I thought it was neat because it was like my old cat is still around in spirit. Today I saw that cat near our recycling area looking for food. I went inside and poured some cat food into a bowl and brought it out to her. She wasn't afraid of me and actually came towards me once I got close enough. She was happy to eat and she was very affectionate. Too affectionate for a feral stray. There's a farm and four houses in a mile radius from where I live, so she may have come from one of those places. But she's pregnant, has her claws, and didn't have a steady source of food if she was digging through garbage looking for scraps. She also has what looks like mild frostbite damage on the tips/edges of her ears. I brought her inside and kept her warm, gave her water, and she slept on my lap for a long time. My house cat and dog are both interested in the new cat but the new cat just hisses whenever they're near.

Is this new cat basically an indoor cat now?
Would she prefer to be outside?
Can I estimate how far along her pregnancy she is?
Do GoFundMe campaigns ever work, if I were to try to get her and her offspring spayed, neutered, and all the shots they need?
Should I prepare a place for her to give birth?

I feel out of my element here, especially not being able to afford all the food and vet services for her and her kids. Any wisdom would be appreciated. Pic related: it's her
>>
i hope a tiger fucking cleaves all your cats in half
>>
>>2996337
There are strays who visit, but they like my neighbors more. Fuck them desu
>>
My cat is full of fucking lice

what do, got like 40 of them with my fingers but then my cat got tired of this shit and started moving too much and was done for the day, apparently I've been bathing him wrong because I'm supposed to leave the shampoo set for a while and I haven't been doing that

Also apparently I'm allergic to lice because since he got them. I've been having some hardcore rash on my skin and swollen lips and eyes wtf
>>
>>2997471
looks like it's time to shave your cat
>>
File: 1233432325543.jpg (69 KB, 714x960)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2994147
How do you know what's a good weight for your cat? I have a DSH tabby male, and the vets have said he's above average length and body size wise but in good shape but they also don't like the fact he weighs around 12-14 lbs (last time I had him weighed he was around 12.5 lbs I think) but I can still easily feel his ribs without having to dig through his fur.

Do I just have a bigger kot? His diet consists of half a small can of wet food in the morning, 2-3 table spoons of dry food for lunch, and another half a can of wet food for dinner with minimal treats.
>>
How the FUCK do I get my cat to stop chewing wires? He's destroyed my laptop power supply three fucking times, my DVD player power supply, my TV antenna, a keyboard, a mouse, my router

I'm real close to just giving him away, he's driving me insane
>>
>>2998081
Use a spray bottle.
>>
>>2998087
Doesn't work. All that's accomplished is he's learned to be bad when I'm not around
>>
File: 1548183116639.jpg (37 KB, 500x375)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
My cat has a shit ton of pink tinged mucus-y fluid leaking from her vagina, like her whole backside is soaking wet. She's about 7 years old, never had kittens before, strictly indoors.
She's still acting normal and all the info I could find online said miscarriage or a dead fetus. But again she's strictly indoors and the only time she's ever gotten out was at least 2 years ago, so I'm not sure if that's the issue.
Should I be concerned?
>>
>>2998091
Just grab the cable and slap him in the head for like one minute, no need to hurt him, just make him fear the damn cables. Worked with my retarded kot, he thinks twice before getting near cables now.
>>
How do you travel with cats? I get that there are places that will accept cats, but I tried travelling with my cat to another state, and just that was hard enough, my biggest fear is to lose him, it would kill me if I did.
Plus carrying him with luggages is also hard and stressful.

Any way to make it easier?
I'm looking into renting places instead of hhotels when I travel, but I don't know shit about that and airbnb, how should I do with it?
>>
>>2998118
YYou should have castrated her(or whatever its called for females) way back, if she is 7yo it sure is hard on her.

Even if she doesn't act up it doesn't mean she doesn't feel in heat.

Yes you should be concerned, it could be fungus forming up inside her, for whatever reason, I'm no vet but I'm pretty sure its not hormonal and its a health issue.
>>
>>2998118
not neutering your cat can cause cancer and health problems
>>
>>2998167
Did the same when my cat started to play with any cable.
Now she ignores all the cables.
Just don't hurt your cat, use little force
>>
File: DSC_0022.jpg (3.69 MB, 4208x2368)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB JPG
What does everyone feed their cats for treats? I give my maine coons (pic related) rawhide chews meant for dogs as they love to gnaw on things and most cat treats are soft girly little cubes of meat and potato.
>>
>>2997217
C
U
T
E
>>
>>2997217
Adorable.
Whatever she prefers, I wouldn't let her outside again until the kittens eat by themselves and she is neutered.
I don't know about campains but I would ask a shelter, maybe they can make it their cats on the paper with you as a foster care. Setting up a livestream and asking for donations might also work as soon as the kittens arrive.
She'll search for a safe, comfortable place so setting up some boxes with old non-terrycloth towels or clothes would be good. Also keep places like your wardrobe shut if you don't want her to choose them.

>>2998118
Probably infection due to heat if she's not neutered. Don't be concerned, just go to the vet and fix it.

>>2998369
Kibble, tiny bits of cheese and sometimes bits of fish we eat.
>>
File: 1543969852321.jpg (48 KB, 525x618)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
does any body have the pic of the cat with his arms raised with a strand of wheat or grain above its head? pls
>>
Do very old cats like it when you pet down their protruding boney spine? I'm really unsure. So I tend to focus on places like under their chin, the back of their neck, and the side of their body where it's still meaty.
>>
>>2998903
Cats can get arthritis in their spines/tails but that doesn't mean all cats do. I'd say pay attention to their behavior. If they're generally "gimpy" getting around in everyday life maybe don't pet so far down their backs (or their tails). Usually they'll let you know with a twitch/head movement rearward/reaction or vocally that it doesn't feel good. I'll just say I've had two 15-year-old cats that were fine and appreciated a full-body stroke. I dunno how old the cat in question is, but it's going to depend entirely on the cat in question.
>>
>>2997471
Lice are rare in cats. They are also host-specific and will not transfer to or bite other species.

It's more likely fleas. Don't use garbage shampoos and shitty knock-off brands; buy something that will for sure work like Revolution or Frontline. Treat for three consecutive months. Google for environmental cleaning for flea infestations (mostly this entails a shit ton of vacuuming and laundry).

>>2997902
He probably just has an extra pound or so that could come off. He's certainly not fat. Vets just like to get a handle on that shit early because otherwise people come back in 6 months and their kot has gained 3 pounds.

>>2998118
This is likely a pyometra if she's unspayed. This is life-threatening and the only treatment is surgery, full-stop. Vet NOW.
>>
File: 20190304_165151.jpg (2.46 MB, 4032x1960)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
>>2999004
>He probably just has an extra pound or so that could come off. He's certainly not fat. Vets just like to get a handle on that shit early because otherwise people come back in 6 months and their kot has gained 3 pounds.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>2994147
post cats doing funny faces
my girlfriend loves these and its the only way I can get her to actually engage with me
>>
>>2999048
bro cat
>>
>>2994147
Can you fucking cringelords stop saying "kot"?????????????????
>>
File: happiestcat.png (240 KB, 362x345)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>2999096
I love this one.
>>
File: 1544567499335.jpg (657 KB, 2896x2896)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
And this.

>>2999116
No.
>>
Should I adopt a 10 year old cat or a 1 and a half year old one. Both are loving and sweet but iunno...the older one was nice, she was a beautiful Siamese. The other one a simple tabby, he loved being held and would rub his face like crazy on mine.
>>
>>2999168
What's your living situation?

1.5y is barely out of kittenhood. He will be more energetic, playful, and need more environmental situation, so if you're living alone in a small apartment with no other pets it will mean more work for you to keep him entertained.

Older kot will be much more mellow and interested in hanging out then kittenish antics. She will probably do fine on her own if you work long hours (though older kots of course still have social needs - she just won't be bouncing off the walls when you get home). Cats can easily live 16-20 years with good care so she has plenty of years left in her.
>>
few days ago
>see 2 cats
>1st cat is cornered, scared and looking away
>the other one is standing on all 4, staring and meowing at 1st
what the hell was happening?I know about cat fights in the middle of the night around territory, mating, etc., but this was just odd
>Meowing is an interesting vocalization in that adult cats don't actually meow at each other, just at people.
it fucking meowed alright
>>
>>2994147
Been feeding my two outdoor cats Rachel Rays Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe dry food mixed with Blue Healthy Gourmet wet food.

I cannot decide if I should switch to Taste of the Wild dry and wet food instead, itll cost 10$ more but it looks like it has more healthy ingredients after researching it.

What should I do /an/?
>>
>>2999311
Who cares, they are probably eating mice and other shit outside.
>>
>>2999311
Stop keeping your cats outside, dipshit. There's a billion other things that'll kill them before poor nutrition
>>
>>2999290
I'd also normally say get an older cat since they have such a harder time getting adopted, but being a Siamese undoubtedly makes her more appealing than a normal senior cat

But there's still the problem of people adopting her for her looks and not even considering the extra care and medical expenses she'll need soon
>>
What's the best dry food for geriatric cats? My 15 year old got a clean bill of health from his last physical and wellness panel, but he's been having trouble getting around and just started giving him Cosequin supplements. (I'm specifically asking for dry food because he hates wet food, and I've tried several times over the years to get him to eat mostly wet or fresh food with no success).
>>
File: IMG_20190419_195501642.jpg (1.79 MB, 2567x3876)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
My 18 yo cat (pic related) isn't burying her poops anymore. Is she just senile, because I thought it was instinctual for cats to bury their waste.
>>
>>2998118
sounds like infected uterus, take her to the vet asap
if it is infected uterus you don't really have long to fuss around, my dog passed less than a month ago bc of this (vet had gave her the ok 2 days before we were rushing her back and lost her)
>>
>>2999311
What kind of ingredients do you mean? In my opinion a lot of meat/heart and no plant by products should be enough. If they hunt they'll get their extra portion of highest quality ingredients anyway.
If you can't decide just feed 2/3 cheap and 1/3 expensive or something like that.
>Rachel Rays Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
fun tongue twister

>>2999364
Yeah, either senile or some mild arthritis or other problems that make the extra work to uncomfortable. Maybe a huge litterbox can help so she don't have to bend her body much.
>>
>move out last autumn
>decide to start fostering kots since for the first time ever, living pet-free
>browse rescue groups for cats on euthanasia list
>one day see post of beautiful ~2.5 year old brown longhair tabby looking terrified and pathetic
>originally from hoarder house, previously adopted, returned due to never adjusting to resident animals
>spent half a year under bed pissing and shitting herself rather than leaving safety to use litterbox
>reason for euth: nonaggressive, but fearful in shelter
>they're gonna kill her just for being scared, that's fucked up
>deadline for kill date is 2 days past but reply anyway
>not euthanized yet - she's mine
>fast forward 5 months with little adopter interest
>gentle kot has blossomed in quiet single-pet home
>follows me around apartment, greets at door, snuggles, loves to "chat", grooms my hands for solid minutes
>sick and anxious whenever adopter inquires, but can't keep her if she needs to be a single pet forever
>friend going out of town begs me to take care of hospice kitten
>sequester him in bathroom with towel blocking door crack
>foster kot hisses through door a few times but isn't fearful, often sitting outside
>cautiously let kitten out to wander after few days, watching like a hawk
>foster kot rolls on the ground inviting kitten to play

Guess I'm stuck with her for good now. Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>
>>2999618
how do I make my fatty this stronk
>>
Don't really post on /an/ but I kind of need a place to just post I think.
>I took my cat to the vet to be put down about 14 hours ago.
>She would have been 16 years old in a few weeks, but she's been acting senile and deaf for a while now.
>For the past 4 or 5 days she hadn't been eating much of her food and was having trouble going to the toilet.
>Her eyes were goopy and too.
>Bring her to the vet, he examines her and says it is best to give her a dignified end
>I'd expected this but

She was looking around the room with her mouth open before the vet returned with the drugs, and she was struggling when he was trying to inject her. It took effect very quickly though.

I don't know why I'm posting, I guess I just miss my companion.
>>
File: 2012-12-24 14.47.55.jpg (1.48 MB, 2560x1920)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>2999702
F

I went thru the same about a year ago with my first cat. Sounds like you did the right thing. There's nothing anybody can say that will make it better my dude.
>>
>>2999628
whole prey item at an end of a jungle course
>>
Do cat feet smell like corn chips or do corn chips smell like cat feet?
>>
What does cats like best, beef, cheese, chicken or fish?
>>
My cats old water fountain broke, and I used a water bowl in meantime before I got another, and now they drink from the bowl and ignore the new fountain. Should I remove the bowl? I kinda feel like keeping it since they prefer it but now the fountain is useless.

I have to refresh the water in the bowl daily and sometimes multiple times a day since they spill it and paw at it really often, maybe they prefer it because it's more fresh. I clean and change the water in the fountain once a week.

Also I think one of my cats picks dry skin off its paws at the water bowl or something, last night like 10 mins after refreshing the water I found a bunch of small white blobs in it, I found them occasionally before in small amounts and thought it could be dust or fabric from carpets or some shit, but now I'm 100% sure it's the cats doing it
>>
>>2999952
Chicken > fish > cheese > beef

YMMV.
>>
Why does my cat hate any wet food that has gravy in it?
>>
>>2994147
CRIMEBOSS TOADLINE TIGER
>>
File: 1370917775925.jpg (58 KB, 500x341)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
I never seem him grooming, at least not to an obsessive degree, but my cat has been getting a few sizable spots of bare skin under his belly and on one knee from apparently licking too much. They're not red, bleeding, swollen or sensitive to touch, just there.

The vet thinks its from allergies, and I've had to get him a dose of pills one year and a prednisone shot once before, but the itching was very obvious at the time because he couldn't stop gnawing at it. Anything else I should be looking into?
>>
>>2994777
Looks like a ginger tabby kitteh I picked up in the yard last September. Precious little thing. He was probably a runaway from some shitty home since he wasn't afraid of me at all. Sat on my shoulder while I took him home. Fixed him up and found a family to take him in. He's doing well now. Ginger tabbies are the best.
>>
>>2994151
What's his name?
>>
>>2999364
she's just a lazy piece of shit. Half the cats in my shelter don't bury their shit and they're as healthy as a bull
>>
My cat has a bald strip on each of his legs. One's a little worse than the others. Theres no rash or bumps or anything. He seems fine to me, but mom is terrified he's dying.

What could be wrong with him? I'd take a picture but I can't right now.
>>
>>3001112
He's 12 years old too if that helps.
>>
>>3001112
V E T
E
T
[spoiler] could be simple allergies
>>
>>3001124
We dont have a car or any money. Ive been trying to save up but we're in a bad position. I really want to take him.
>>
>>3001141
I feel yeah, that orange idiot is cracking down on food stamp exemptions and now my benefits are getting slashed by like 20%
>>
I need halp
So when I first got my cat he refused to use the litter box. I put in crystals his previous owner gave me inside his litter box but he didn't use it. I tried using clumping (clay) litter and he didn't like that either. I then tried ripped up toilet paper and he liked it. I've been using ripped up toilet paper for a few months now but I'm sick of cleaning it all the time. How do I get him to use clumping litter? I tried the ol "pour a little bit of your preferred litter inside his litter box and increase the amount day by day" technique and that doesn't work either.
>>
>>3001169
foh Tyrone Niggums. Your own poor choices led you to where you are.
>>
>>2999919
my kitties feet generally smell like litter
>>
>>3001365
I'd try moving his litter box, and maybe some other brands of litter. I'd maybe also risk "forcing" him to just deal with the box even if he doesn't like what's inside it, though you do run the risk of him pissing/shitting somewhere in the house. It's a risk but you've let him have the toilet paper for months, it may be the only way for him to accept a new box.
>>
How can I regulate my shorthair cat's temperature? It's getting hot in home, and she's sleeping in dark cold places and then beeing active at nights when everyone trying to sleep. I don't want to ruin her fur by haircut. I tried to pet her with wet hands. Also blowing air from my mouth to her face and neck, she started purring and made dialated pupils.
>>
File: IMG_20190328_093002.jpg (2.97 MB, 3024x4032)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
How do I train my cat to not be a little asshole? He's really rambunctious and chases me around. Then he will lay down on his side and look at me expecting to get his belly rubbed, but as soon as I try he goes ham on my hand, grabbing and biting me. Not biting hard so I'm sure he is just playing, but it's really frustrating.
Especially because he always tries to run in front of me before he lays down to try to bait me. I keep tripping trying not to step on him when he runs right in front of my feet.

How do I discourage this behavior? I tried ignoring his bait, but if I don't pet him he will just grab on to my foot instead.
>>
>>3001813
play with him more anon he sounds like he has a lot of energy
>>
>>3001813
Maybe getting a cat was not for you. That's just normal cat behavior. Jesus fucking Christ some people...
>>
Кoты
>>
>>3001819
Thanks. He's a lot more active than my cat as a kid, but yeah fair enough. I'll keep at it with the playing. Im wondering if/how I should stop encouraging his pet baiting shenanigans.

>>3001824
I said I didn't care that much about the biting since he is just playing. Im more worried about stepping on the boi or tripping and breaking my neck trying to avoid him.
>>
>>3001824
My kot does not do this so I doubt it's "normal behavior".
>>
Why the hell my kot keeps eating my cilantro plants? I thought kots were supposed to be carnivores.
>>
>>3001813
Sounds like he's just playing, male cats especially are more immediate in their needs
Think of it as cheeky banter between males, he's just messing around with you and expecting the same back, so roll with it for a while and he'll calm down. Maybe he's just easily excitable or restless, play with him more and he'll learn your boundaries
>>
>>3001827
пpикoльныe кoты
>>
>>3001857
Cats generally loves eating plants, just give him cat plants as an alternative
>>
>>2999628
Lucky I guess.
The cat I adopted is quite muscular, I feed just what he needs and he is pretty active.

I never unserstand how owners get their cats fat...
>>
>the Jazz is already 8 years old
Where does time go?
>>
>kot latches himself onto the bottom edge of my bed, then drags himself around the entire perimeter using his front claws
Cats are so fucking goofy, man.
>>
>>3001838
You stop the bitting by playing with him till he gets tired

If he tries to bite give him a firm "no" and reach for a toy to play with. He needs to get the idea that you are not the toy.

Also never touch his belly
>>
>>3001643
How would I force him to use it? I wouldn't want to do that but as a last resort I guess I gotta
>>
>>3001112
Could be allergies, stress or maybe skin infections.
If you can't go to the vet now, try to rule out what you can without one, so start with giving cat and mom a big portion extra love and attention.
Next add some one-meat-source-no-plant-shit food diet for the cat.

>>3001681
Put wet towels over a chair or something to create cool caves, maybe she likes that.
>she started purring and made dialated pupils
Careful there

>>3001813
Like the others said, that's totally normal and healthy behaviour. Expecially male young cats can spend most of the day chasing each other up and down the walls and fighting for fun.
Just give him what he needs, go all out on the action and let him run, jump and wrestle a lot. Belly rubs are one good way to test if he recharged yet, if you can pet his belly and he won't do more than a lazy nibble on your hand, no more playing is needed for the time being and you'll have a nice, calm and well behaved cat (for a few hours).
As he gets older he'll need less and less playtime so even if it's annoying now, treasure the action time, you might end up missing it.
>>3001838
>Im more worried about stepping on the boi or tripping
It gets better but might never stop. I think not a single year went by without stepping on my now 12 year old cats paws or kicking her by accident.
>>
>>3002247
Just leave a brand of litter in the box and hope he deigns to use it when he feels the urge.

Alternatively you may want to try a vet, the litter may be uncomfortable due to health reasons. If it's anything like my area, a proper checkup will be nearly forty bucks, but at least you'll rule out a health issue, and the vet may have better ideas on litter training.
>>
I think my rescue cat probably has a lot of bombay in him. He's shiny black except for his white chest. He has golden eyes, a big snout and is overal bigger than his buddy and he loves to play with water. He's really smart too, not that easy going yet but I blame that on him being forced to live as a stray for half a year. I always call him my little panther.
Sorry for unrelated just want to talk about my kitties.
>>
Anyone had any experience with pet movers? I'm relocating a good distance and am looking at either a pet airline or some ground mover guys. It's like a 2 hr flight + travel times or a 17-20 hour drive. I just don't want to traumatize the shit out of my cats.
>>
File: 1346426257563.gif (1.72 MB, 372x262)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB GIF
My 18 years old cat died this morning
I want to bury her in my garden, but I don't know how deep should I dig and what I should do desu
I was thinking about putting her in a box
It hurts lads
>>
File: IMAG1259.jpg (1.25 MB, 2688x1520)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>2994147
I've had this cat for a little over a year now. The adoption center I got her from said she was 6 months old when I got her, which was bullshit because she was tiny and clearly was only recently weened off milk. Anyway, they had her spayed before I got her, and I finally managed to feel around her belly when I was playing with her today. She has a lot of lumpy scar tissue running down her belly in a line, which I'm assuming is from her spaying, and some soft lumpy bits that feel like fat deposits. They used to be in small clusters but they feel like they've kinda merged into the kind of pouch a male cat gets when they get older. Is this normal? She's my first female cat and I'm worried that who I got her from botched her surgery.
>>
>>3002718
That sucks anon, my condolences. 3-4 feet should be enough.
>>
>>3002718
Sorry anon. You were blessed to have one that lived so long. She'll be waiting for you in another life maybe.

Putting her in a box would be OK but you don't have to; maybe just wrap her in a cloth like they did in the olden days. As the other anon said, 3-4 feet would probably be enough but I would consider a heavy stone or two on top just to deter scavengers if that's a concern in your area. I had a friend bury a dog a year or two ago and when he came back the grave had been desecrated by feral hogs. It was pretty traumatic.
>>
>>3002718
I'm so sorry anon.
My cat also died not too long ago and it hurts a lot. Don't think you're going through this alone.
>>
File: 20190425_005146.jpg (1.66 MB, 1960x1903)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
WARNING GROSS CAT BUTT ATTACHED

Wtf is wrong with my cats butt? She is quite sickly...is it her glands?
>>
My cat won't leave me alone until I vigorously slap his ass, just right above his tail, for at least a minute of rapid-fire slaps at a time. He meows for it a few times a day

He's neutered, but is this a sexual thing?
>>
File: 1482574053190.jpg (7 KB, 267x323)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>3003310
>My cat won't leave me alone until I vigorously slap his ass
I laughed more than I should kek
>>
How to deal with a food obsessive cat? Nothing deters her. She has been sprayed in the face with water, sprayed with citronella, banging a pot in her ear, my roommate even kicked her across the room and 20 seconds later she was on the table again. She has been badly burnt on at least four separate occasions from stealing food off the stove and still hasn't learnt her lesson. I have to lock her in the bathroom whenever anyone has food, which makes her destroy the door and yowl loud enough for the neighbours to complain. My roommates want me to get rid of her and claim they will start leaving poisonous foods laying out as bait if I don't deal with it. She's a sweet cat as long as food isn't around (she will scratch if you try push her away from food). Any last things I can try before I take her to a shelter?
>>
>>3003718
My kot was a faggot as kitten too, what I used to do when he started doing that shit is spray his face with water, if he didn't stop I would smear his nose with olive oil so he wouldn't smell for some time and would leave me alone. Sometimes the faggot was so annoying that I ended up putting some drops of chilli pepper on his mouth, this used to make him stop every single time. After a while he learned to not bother me when eating. This is probably far from ideal, but I had tried everything before and nothing worked, now a year later he's fixed. I would advise you to hear some other anons opinions and trying the generic shit that's on the web first tho
>>
>>3003310
>>3003394
https://youtu.be/hiVyueMFyqU
https://youtu.be/CSw6eakeSbI
>>
File: 1507863697432.jpg (17 KB, 542x540)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>3003949
what the absolute fuck lmao
>>
File: kotwolk.png (1.02 MB, 772x619)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>2994147
do you take your kot for wolks?
>>
>>2999297
sounds like cornered cat got dumped and was scared, cat #2 was pissed that a strange cat was in its territory
they yowl at each other when they fight. the yowling can be more or less intense depending on the intensity of the encounter at any slice of time and the individual characteristics of the cat yowling
>>
>>2999540
I tried to foster but I just couldn't stand the thought of jerking this cat around and he happened to be perfect for my current living situation so I decided to adopt him
>>
>>2999540
You're awesome. Seriously. Much respek.
>>
>>3003216
looks like normal cat ass to me
you can remove that piece of whatever with napkin or something
>>
>>3004001
Mine hates getting outside
>>
>>3003216
A gland.

>"A cat's anal glands naturally express a scent-marking liquid when they defecate or rub their hind end on the ground. When the duct inside the gland becomes inflamed or swollen, an impaction may occur that prevents the fluid from escaping. This can be painful for your cat and lead to further problems and infections."
>>
>>3003718
Sounds like a starving Kitten.
If it's not a thyroid issue or boredom it's simply not enough or garbage food so just try feeding her until she's full.

Around 500g good quality wet food a day is still perfectly normal for a kitten that that will grow big or is active. If they ask for more, always give them more so they'll learn they don't have to fear starving at home and can stop swallowing everything and fighting for every crump in fear of never ever getting their stomach filled.
>>
>>3004087
I'm >>3003888 and mine was just really retarded. He would ask for the food I was eating even if he had already ate or his bowl was full. Maybe it was something related to the fact I found him abandoned when he was around 2 months old and probably starving.
>>
>>3001827
Is that cat fucking squating?
>>
>>3003949
my cat is more like the second video, except after a minute of it he runs to the scratching pad

but i still need to know if this is some degenerate thing i shouldnt be encouraging
>>
you know, what are cats really?
>>
>>3004121
Sometimes a little bit of degeneracy doesn't hurt anybody. ;)
>>
>>3004121
It's not sexual anon. Slap away.
>>
>>3003888
>>3004087
Okay, thank you. I never considered it could be a medical issue. I’ll get her to a vet soon. I haven’t tried giving her hot sauce yet because it sounds mean but as a last resort I’ll give it a shot.

She’s 10 months old by the way. I don’t think it’s lack of food that’s the issue. In the few times she’s gotten into the fridge/pantry she’s eaten until she throws up and then eats some more. I feed her a little more than my other cat who is normal. Though like >>3004097 said, she was a very thin stray I adopted at about 5 months old so maybe that’s why.
>>
>>3004143
>It's not sexual
For you.
>>
>>3004166
>>
>>2999116
Heт!
>>
>>3004097
>>3004161
>Maybe it was something related to the fact I found him abandoned when he was around 2 months old and probably starving
>she was a very thin stray I adopted at about 5 months old so maybe that’s why.
Yeah, that's likely related. I also adopted a stray that even if it never looked starved still needed two years to totally relax around the food issue.
>>
>>3003949
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>3003949
Tried this with my kot, 10 seconds and he bite me and ran away
>>
>>3005805
he is tsundere
>>
>>3004068
It's still there, shall I take her to the vets or try and unblock it myself? It looks even weirder now. She doesn't seem to be scooting or in pain though. It's not very common for cats is it. I feel bad for her
>>
>>3004005
big thank for the old post, anon
>>
What's the best way to re-home a cat. I'm moving to a different state and I can't take my little guy with me.
>>
Can not being spayed cause a female to start getting obsessive about peeing on a specific piece of furniture and possibly develop anxiety? I have a ~10-11 month old female and in the last couple of weeks she won't stop peeing on my bed.
She's always been peculiar, she attached herself to my blanket and suckles on it nightly and at first she's avoided peeing on it directly, but tonight that didn't stop her. I had just cleaned my bedding today (for the like fourth time this week) and her box is clean too. I know UTI is possible, but I'm not sure how much that would cost to get checked especially since I've been trying to get her in to get fixed.
Add in her recent freaking out at any large noise and sheer distress when I try to touch her, unless it's with my foot for some reason, and I'm at a loss how to handle this. She's a cute and chatty cat, but no other cat I've owned has been so problematic. She even tries to drown those squeaky mouse toys if I get her one.
>>
>>3006548
Not being neutered can cause extensive marking behaviour and the strong need to roam around, searching for breeding partners.

That being said, peeing on horizontal soft places is more a sign of pain while urinating so I'd say getting her checked for urinary tract issues really would be the first step to take. The touching thing maybe could be explained by that too, if being picked up is painful for her at the moment, she'll avoid your hands.
From my own experience I can say that UTIs are painful and annoying as hell and I can relate to every fucked up behaviour if that's her problem.
>>
>>3006556
>The touching thing maybe could be explained by that too, if being picked up is painful for her at the moment
That's the thing, just touching her in any way with my hands is avoided, but if I wiggle my foot she goes ballistic rolling around on my feet.
I'll see what it will take to get her checked though. I'm calling a place Monday to hopefully schedule to get her fixed, hopefully they can test for that and can tell me how much it would cost for the test.
>>
>>3001365
newspaper pellet litter? google it.
>>
My dumb cat is having such a hard time staying healthy. We've always joked about how he's inbred (because he is), but I'm really beginning to suspect there's something congenital that he's dealing with. We're just finishing up a two week course of meds for an inner ear issue that had him wobbling all over place, and our vet recheck is tomorrow afternoon. But twice now, today, he's thrown up with spots of fresh blood in the puke. Whyyyy can't we go a decent length of time without something new happening? I love my cat so much and I adjust life to cater to his issues as needed. It just breaks my heart to think that something outside of my control is effecting him.
>>
>>3006252
Ask around to your friends/family. Thats what I'd do first.
>>
>>3006965
I did. Struck out.
>>
File: 1447566312801.png (505 KB, 500x752)
505 KB
505 KB PNG
>>3006968
I guess you've taken some flattering pictures and posted it on kikebook too? I guess start looking at no kill shelters/adoption fostering outfits in your area.

Just know you're a real piece of shit for abandoning your kot buddy. You COULD make accommodations for moving him with you but you aren't. Sleep tight knowing bad pet owners will be summarily gassed in the coming regime.
>>
>>3006972
I envy you for being able to have such a binary outlook on pet ownership.
>>
File: IMG_20190428_161008.jpg (2.09 MB, 4160x3120)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
Very comfy kot
>>
File: IMG_20190428_161203.jpg (2.97 MB, 4160x3120)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
>>3006985
Now with flash
>>
>>3006252
You can, you just don't want to.
>>
My adopted new cat acts kind of weird and I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.

She never meows but only seems to squeak, it kind of sounds like a high pitched tiny dog bark

whenever I start petting her she seems to love it because she purrs and I receive headbuts but she will also bite my hand wich gets more over the course of the petting session, is this just her way to communicate or is she a really dominant cat? I feel like it's her way of saying "no, pet me in a different way now"
Should I teach her not to and how? I'm really bad at being strict to her...
Also sometimes when I'm petting her she starts coughing, my friends said it's the sound cats make when they have hair balls but she's never puked one up.

She hisses really fast! She hisses whenever we approach her too fast when she's been sleeping, whenever I accidentally stand between her and her food or even when I get closer than 2 meters of her when she's eating (I ignore her when she's eating, I just needed to go through the door) She doesn't stay mad though, 1 minute later and she's asking for pettings again.

I'm also trying to teach her to get picked up but without any luck, last time she actually turned back to retaliate by giving me a big clawless slap.

I've never had an adopted cat before, I always had kittens from farms wich I raised myself.
>>
>>3006252
Write a nice text about what he likes and doesn't like, what living with him is like and about his health status/ last vet check. If possible buy him medical insurance and keep paying it so you can be sure money won't be an obstacle and there might be more people interested in taking him.

>>3007724
>squeak
Usually cats only really learn to use different meows while communicating with humans. They have different voices, too and this one might still be omewhat shy.

>bites while petting
Could be waht you said, too much energy and a need to play or affectionate love bites. If she starts biting or clawing too hard just pull the hand away, cry "Ow" overly dramatical and stop petting/playing for a minute. She'll get used to fragile skin.

>coughing
Could be hairballs

>Hissing
Seems like she's just easily spooked and doesn't feel that safe in her new home yet.

>picking up
Try just holdng her for 1 second 5 cm over the ground and give her a treat every time while being hold. Increase the duration and hight very slowly over months.
>>
My cat's old, has her faculties, is seemingly healthy otherwise, but just today her back legs have given out, by this evening she just started dragging herself short distances and sitting/laying down.
She's not in obvious pain, but is suddenly gloomy.
What do anons
>>
>>2998118
you need to masturbate your cat since shes not neutered
>>
Hey /an/ /kot/ My cat aged 11 tooth is loose, how much do i need to take to the vet, around £700? he's in no discomfort and eat normally this morning but he's dribbling like a boss, he lets me check it and his front canine has dropped and its really loose
>>
>>3007872
Definitely take him in to the vet. You don't want it to get infected or worse. I wouldn't expect that it would be that expensive for a little gas, a tooth pulled, and maybe some antibiotics/otc-type pain meds. If you take care of it early it should be a quick recovery. Be sure to feed wet food for a while and offer plenty of fresh water.
>>
>>3007800
Dude that's not good. Quality of life is basically nil if you can't even get around or pee/poo cleanly. Cats don't show pain very well so he may be hurting more than you think. Vet will be able to give you the best advice but I expect it's probably time. Sorry man.
>>
>>3007890
Yeah got him booked for tommorow afternoon, how long does the procedure take do you know? can i stay in the vet with my boy or is it hours long, first time my cats had anything wrong so im pretty upset honestly, he's a big boy too
>>
>>3007900
I don't know for sure. The procedure itself to won't take very long but they'll probably have him under observation for at least 30 minutes or so after he comes out of the anesthesia and it's going to depend how busy they are that day. You can probably wait on him but it might do you better to just go shop for a little bit or grab a bite to eat to keep your mind occupied. There's always a risk putting an older cat under anesthesia but if he's otherwise healthy it's pretty low. I wouldn't worry too much.
>>
>>3007929
Ok thanks Anon
>>
My cat was rescued when he was a few weeks old
>>
>>3007929
>>3007872
So i put him out and he just came in and the tooth is gone, ive searched for it but he's either eaten it or its lost in the grass, he still going vet but is purring again and rubbing the "bad" side agaisnt me again too, theres a bright pink mound where the tooth was which is discomforting for him i think cause he keeps gibbing and opening his mouth because of it.
>>
>>3007997
That's actually good news. No need to look for the tooth, they're not gonna put it back in. At the vet it'll probably just a quick exam, maybe some pain meds and that'll be it.
>>
>boomer dad who loves motley crue gets a new kitten
>calls it "feelgood"

is he retarded?
>>
>>3007996
Very cool creepy eye cat.
>>
>>3008089
no he's based
>>
fat cat yowls after using the litter box

should I be concerned
>>
>>3008160
my friends cat would make little noises because her poops were too big.
>>
>>3008160
Possible UTI. Vet, dude. Quick little tests like that are cheap as are the antibiotics. Small price to pay to rule out a problem.
>>
Has anyone here ever given their cat joint supplements? My kot (4 y/o male) has bilateral hip dysplasia and last time I took him to the vet they suggested possibly giving him some just as a preventative measure. His hips don't seem to bother him right now, he runs/jumps/plays/etc just like any other cat but I want to ensure he'll be healthy in the future too. I'm worried abt possible side affects and shit tho.
>>
>>
File: 20190429_175047.jpg (1.66 MB, 2576x1932)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>
I got a new job that requires me to travel usually twice a month for 3 or so days each. My two cats (9 and 1 year olds) are indoor with my 1 bedroom apartment.

Im a little worried about the sudden change to travel now since I don't have any roommates (a friend is able to drop by once a day to feed them). They've both only lived with my their whole lives too and are very attached.

Any advice on ways to help with any separation anxiety they may get? I know 2 or 3 days isn't to bad but I may have to go for a week or back to back trips on some months
>>
>>3008484
is his name General Skarr
>>
>>3007893
I figured
She started walking (relatively) normally in the morning, but definitely taking her to the vet to see how it is
>>
So I recently moved and took my cat with me. Went from being an indoors/outdoors cat in a largeish house, to a studio apartment on a fifth floor. I’ve been playing with her in the evenings to make her get rid of some energy, but as soon as I turn off the lights to sleep, she starts meowing really loudly. I know the answer is probably “give her some time to adapt”, but is there anything I can/should do?
tl;dr cat won’t stop meowing at night, what do
>>
>>3008584
kot
>>
File: Qi-UAJMurMc.jpg (25 KB, 600x532)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I told my cat that I'm sick but she didn't come and lay on my throat. Does she even care about me?
>>
>>3009068
>Does she even care about me?
Of course not. It's a cat.
>>
>>3009023
Give her something to do while you're asleep. Like lock her in the kennel and hide pieces of kibble all over the apartment right before going to bed.
>>
>>3008484
>>3008614
It's Odin
>>
His name is Steve
>>
>>3009116
That might work. Thanks anon, I’ll give it a try.
>>
File: mozart.png (240 KB, 289x495)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
Hey /an/, I have my cat that been behaving weirdly today, he's been rolling around some specific place in my house and everytime I took him elsewhere he came back running to roll on this very specific place and when I closed the access to this room he went somewhere else to do it
What's up with him ? Does this look like some kind of sickness or bug he could have ?
He's such a good boy and he can't be put to sleep for operations because he have breathing problems so I'm worried
>>
>>2995707
I hydrated my kot's kibble for a week after he had his teeth pulled. Equal parts warm water and kibble and let sit for 20 min. before giving to kot.
>>
>>3009172
hi steve
>>
>>3009437
Hi
>>
>>3009333
He is adorable.

What about this makes you worry? Could he just be scent marking? They do goofy stuff from time to time. One of mine runs and jumps to the top of the cat tree when I get home and squirms all over the highest platform for a while until I scratch her and let her groom my head a little. Can you tell us more about why this behavior is freaking you out?
>>
>>3000410
Underrated post
>>
>Cats hardly show pain
Fuck all of you. Our cat was suddenly yowling, limping and overall acting like she was about to die so I panicked and we rushed to the vet but just as we arrived the little bitch was 100% healthy and mobile again.
Diagnosis: Mildly sprained foot. Wow.

At least the vet got a good laugh and 40 bucks out of it.
>>
>>3009172
Is he blind in the right eye?
>>
>>3009994
He seems to have a very tiny amount of motion detection but I don’t think he can see a whole lot
>>
Cat died a little while ago today.
I'm sad.
>>
>>3010391
My condolences. It would have been my cat's 10th Birthday today.
>>
>>2994147
My orange tabby got overexcited and bit me with one if its canines straight down right on the first distal joint of my index finger.
Hopefully I didn't get an infection injected into my bloodstream and die.
I need to stop this habit of playing with her using my bare hands.
>>
File: thegeorge.png (1.03 MB, 492x804)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>3004001
for one moment in time I can be happy. This guy, see this guy here has some medical issues. Hyperthyroid, and some other mysterious bullshit going on. I just met with a new vet and she came highly recommended by shelter staff and she did not disappoint. She mentioned that the previous vets had gotten something wrong, that I might be able to treat his hyperthyroid with something other than y/d diet food, that he might not have seizures but something else going on. Today he rode in my lap on the way home, he played, he was an all around good boy. we had a good day, and to top it all off the vet thinks he's at least 2 years younger than I thought. We're going places anons, we're gonna go to the moon together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJNc9j_AOOo
>>
>>3010461
The worst thing is I don't seem to have any disinfect on hand for some goddamn reason.
>>
>>3009068
my last cat would sleep on my throat almost every night. I miss that asphyxiation
>>
>>3009172
Steven this is unacceptable
>>
>>3010461
I've been bit by worse. You're gonna be ok. I just got bit by a cat I can only know didn't have rabies, and I think I overreacted in getting the antibiotics. here's a pro tip, if you volunteer in a good shelter, they'll be overstocked with clavamox, and you can just claim that shit for your self 3 times a day for 7 days. that's the standard protocol

I didn't do that but thats just because I have money
>>
>>3009172
Why does there seem to be so many shelter cats and dogs with one blind eye?

Kind of makes you wonder what doesn't motivate people to save an animal...
>>
>>3010486
my shelter adopted out a cat who had her eyes removed. See the cats that fall in the middle are the ones that don't get adopted so soon. The worst cases, and the kittens, are what get adopted quickest. The middle cats are often left out, because someone has to come last
>>
>>3010484
That's an interesting tip and I am a college students so not exactly rich, but I think I got too much shit going on as is without another duty

I mean, I guess there's a chance I could meet girls that way but I got enough regular responsibilities without unpaid work with unfamiliar animals that has nothing to do with my career goal of working in the field of robotics.
>>
>>3010486
He’s not from a shelter, gfs sister found her on a military base and took him home. The gf and I adopted him from her
>>
>>3010461
Don't be stupid, or are you afraid of injections or something?
If it shows signs of serious infections just go to a doctor and get your antibiotics like normal human beings.

Also are you sure she didn't became scared suddenly? I never even had strays bite me hard enough to draw blood as play behaviour. If her mom didn't get to teach her how much is too much, you should do it. Even if you don't juse your hands for play anymore, you wouldn't want her to use full force if she should someday get the idea that a nice ambush is a good idea to initiate play with humans.
>>
I finally got a dedicated cat brush instead of using a cheap human brush for my cat. I also decided to get one because it's shedding season and the human brush won't cut it.

However, while the brush works well and she even likes when I use it, I've noticed that there's a bit of dandruff coming out. Is this normal?
>>
>>3010977
Forgot to mention that she's 1 year old this month.
>>
>>3010977
just dry skin, try a different diet, at least one based on wet food
>>
>>2994147
My little kitten got killed today. She was such a good girl. My neighbor's dogs attacked her. Those dogs are walking skeletons and saw my kot as a prey. She slept and played with my boxer doggo so she probably though those other dogs were friendly as her. I buried her a couple hours ago with dad. The dog's owner doesn't care, she is a nigger tier pet owner, starving their dogs to death.
I'm sorry for this blogpost, but pain is too strong. Bye girl. I can't even post a pic because gookmoot is a fag, fuck
>>
>>3011231
That's horrible dude. Maybe I sound a bit harsh but maybe you should report your neighbors told someone if they're dogs are starved. Or you could just poison the fucking mutts if they're an issue. Not even a dog hater, I own 2 myself but I think if a dog starts killing other pets its clearly an issue. Again sorry for your loss anon.
>>
Just found this zit looking thing near the base of my cat’s ear. Wtf is this thing and should I be worried? Should I pop it or leave it be?
>>
>>3011258
personally I'd call in an anonymous drug or dog fighting tip
>>
is there, anywhere in the world, a surgical procedure to attach prosthetic claws to declawed domestic cats? I just adopted the perfect boy, he happened to be declawed, and I care about him so much if the benefits outweighed the risks I would totally do this for him
>>
>>3011258
Thanks for your words anon. And thanks for the advice aswell since I also have another older cat. I know the days of those dogs are counted anyway, but you can't expect God to do all the work, right?
Take care of your kots anons. I was paranoid about their well being since I adopted the older one, and the only time I let my guard down this happened.
>>
>>3011231
Can you just imagine the fear, pain and stress your little girl went through while being attacked by those dogs?
She probably was thinking about that big, warm thing who always fed and petted her.
She probably was screaming for you anon.

Retaliate if you can get away with it.
Not just the dogs but also at the owners.
>>
>>3010461
Orange tabbies are something right.
I used to go to uni with scratches on my face, neck, chest and arms from mine.
They all left scars.

I cried hard when he passed away.
Now the scars he gave me are gone too.
It made me sadder.
:-(
>>
File: 20190409_161956.jpg (3.22 MB, 4032x3024)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB JPG
I'm a degenerate
>>
>>3011231
Assuming you didn't leave a kitten outdoors unsupervised - kill the dogs, torture the owners. I'm so sorry dude.
>>
File: IMG_20190410_142107.jpg (579 KB, 1920x923)
579 KB
579 KB JPG
brehs
>>
Is there a decent way to help a cat lose a bit of weight when you have several?
One of my cats, while not as bad as he used to be due to spending a few months with my mother and access to a yard to roam, could stand to lose a few pounds.
He doesn't really play much outside of a brief bit of chasing a lazer light, so I can't really entice him that way.
>>
>>3011385
feed him less and monitor his feeding closely. does he really not like ANY toys?
>>
File: JPEG_20190502_201121.jpg (1.72 MB, 4032x3024)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
Cherish your furry friends, mine is soon to leave and just want her to know I love her so much
>>
>>3011628
The love you're going to share in the next short bit will be the most understanding, accepting, nuanced, and in-the-moment emotional time you will ever spend with your /kot/. When you know each other like old friends. Each knows what the other is going to do because it's been that way for the last decade or longer. A very familiar and refined routine your built inside jokes, silly nicknames, or little rhymes or alternate song lyrics around. They've watched you grow into yourself, an ancient weird benevolent dictator of sorts they've finally struck some kind of domestic parity with. Both of you will tolerate each other's bad habits better than you ever have because you'll know in the grand scheme of things, it's not worth arguing over. You'll find reasons to sneak in some extra pats/treats/play because you know that your time isn't infinite anymore.

This is the best fucking time dude. Really enjoy it.
>>
>>3011628
>>3011783
In two moments of sheer sorrow, I took video of my cat "chirping" at me. She had a very distinct trill she'd make at her favorite people, like she was talking to them. Once when she was on death's door, and once a few months later on a very good day, but when I realized her best day wasn't going to get her through what was becoming terminal.

I re-watched them a week ago, about 6 months since she's died. It gave me chest aches and almost tears, but for a moment I remembered everything and cherished it so much. I got just shy of a year from first illness to her death at home, and I really did find extra time for her then.
>>
>>3010956
>afraid of injections or something? [...] like normal human beings.
Mildly depressed humor but also yes, I am some kinda combination of pseudodysphagic, toxiphobic, (mild) hypochondriac, trypnaphobic, and/or mysophobic, yes. I think I've gotten over the spitting, but since then I still did do stuff like call poison control because I was worried I might've swallowed minuscule amounts of Tide once. At least I've progressed slightly with eating fish that isn't tuna. I also hate being in environments where there's a mild risk of inhaling bad chemicals or I think/feel there's a risk of that. Injections and getting blood taken from me by a doctor is easier, but I still have a mild fear. I also wash my hands after shaking hands with people (though I'd like to do that either way, it does feel like my motivation for doing it is a bit off) and never eat after others.
>scared [...] I never even had strays bite me hard enough to draw blood as play behaviour
Maybe? I've had her for several years. I can tell she can/tries to control herself during play. Its very strange. She has a tendency to slowly progress into being more violent. But if I try to take my hand away when she gets violent, she will reliant while stilling on her back trying to softly bat or catch my hand.
Over time, she seems to have grown a bit less violent, but it seems like she forgets sometimes.
When she bit me the other day, she still kept meowing at me to play, but I wanted to teach her that she hurt me so I still didn't play with her a while (I didn't really feel motivated to do it after that either, honestly).
She almost never draws blood through biting. I only remember her doing it 2 or 3 times in the 3~4 years I've had her.
>>
>>3012202
>2 or 3
*2 times. What I remember. 3 at most.
She's scratched the shit out of me before, particularly in early play or the two times she just randomly freaked out of nowhere and started clawing at me.
Other than that, she's not very mean.
>>
One toepad on my cat's front right paw is stark bright red, and he's licking at it more than normal. I'm guessing it's infected, should I take him to the vet immediately?
>>
>>3012202
Well, I'm far from this amount of issues (at least that I realize) but I always was too retarded to swallow pills on the first (or second, or sometimes third) try because they make me gag horribly. Last time I needed a month of antibiotics for lime disease I asked for coated ones and heya, turns out they exist and are fully covered even.
In the worst case just talk to them instead of risking your health.

> But if I try to take my hand away when she gets violent, she will reliant while stilling on her back trying to softly bat or catch my hand
Yeah, accidently pulling the hand back by surprise usually makes it worse. It doesn't hurt me if cats are playfully piercing my skin with teeth and claws but if I rip it away it can get ugly. In those cases I just surrender and go limp until they loose interest.
The one time I got bitten bloody happened as I was giving belly rubs to a neighbourhood cat. Something made a loud noise behind a corner, the cat freaked and just attacked my hand like I was trying to kill her.

>>3012232
Could be just an insect bite. If he's behaving normally otherwise I'd say you can watch it for a few days. Maybe offer a cold pack.
>>
>>3012314
>accidently pulling the hand back by surprise usually makes it worse.
No, I mean she relents* a bit if I pull my hand away slowly, but tries to see if I will still play or something. I haven't had her get unexpectedly worse that way, but then, I never surprise her while she's playing with my hand.
>>
>Woman feeds feral cats near my work place
> Mixes wet and dry food into paste
>For grown ass cats
>They hate it and it just becomes piles of maggot food
They won't even touch the shit
>>
File: cat.jpg (94 KB, 368x664)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
Hello catbros I just got myself my first indoor cat. Check him out, he's 3 years old and started on the streets before being bounced around shelters. He's super friendly and after about a week of owning him he seems pretty bonded to me, always following me around.

But that's where I start to worry a bit, he seems super needy. Like he -always- has to be near me, he can't just chill on his own. He just demands a lot of attention, and he seems to only want to eat when I'm around watching him (he'll definitely pick at the bowl while I'm at work, but wolfs it down when I watch). He's also pretty fearful, he runs and hides if he hears a noise I can't identify, such as the front door opening. That always makes him hide under my bed. Should I be concerned? I know I'm probably worrying about nothing, he's seen a lot and is just starting to get used to my place. I just want him to be more independent.
>>
File: jade.png (1.71 MB, 1000x1555)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
Guys I've got a bit of a situation.

Few nights ago, a stray cat moved her two kittens to my porch. Did the usual, got them a box and some soft clean blankets, all was well.

This morning, one of the kittens didn't make it. No blood, no sign of suffocation, just passed overnight. The other one is having serious eye troubles and has an eye that's already ruptured and an eye that's showing signs of infection. I cleaned what I could, and her mother cleaned the rest.

The problem is, this kitten is VERY young. I'd say she's 2 weeks, MAYBE pushing 3 in a day or two. I don't want to give her any medicine, so I've just been cleaning her face with warm water.

There's a vet I can bring her to on Monday, but can they even do anything? She's so young and little, and she's nothing but bones because... Well, she's a 2 week old kitten. If she was a month older I would feel more confident in results, but she seems too little to operate on.

I'll probably bring her to the vet, regardless. If she lives and she's able to see out of her other eye, it'll be a miracle. I know there are places that specialize in adopting out disabled animals, I just hope she'll live long enough to be in a place like that.

Info on surviving kitten: See pic. I know it's not a very good one, but she kept squirming and I couldn't get a clearer shot of her. It got cold around my house, so I took a clean, fuzzy sock, and stuck her in for a few minutes while I looked her over. I'm calling her Jade.

Info on mother: 2 years old, I call her Pepper. Has had healthy litters in the past. She's a stray but she's not feral. She lets me pick her up, tip her over, and latch the kitten to her teet without any fuss. When I go out to check on them, she'll go eat or get a drink and then come back. But she's lived outside her entire life, and up to this point has been VERY skittish. It's weird but it seems like this has mellowed her out.
>>
>>2994147
So I am gone for around 11 hours a day. I wanted to get a pet other than a hamster or a lizard. Would a cat be okay for this? its not like im 100% gone all the time and I could dedicate like a hour of play time with it. only problem is that I have a bearded dragon with a open cage top and I also take her out every day so I dont know how well they act with bearded dragons. I was planning on going to the humane society tomorrow to see if any were receptive to me.
>>
>>3012622
Cat flu describes a collection of different issues so its chances depend on what share it got, it's worth a try.
But whatever happens with the kitten you should try everything to finally get the mom neutered. I mean
>Did the usual
>2 years old, I call her Pepper. Has had healthy litters in the past.
What kind of situation do you even have here?

>>3012654
A pair of old best friends would be best. They could spend the 11 hours with each other and would most likely be happy to watch dragon kino from a safe spot without wanting to smack them around.
>>
Lately my kot has been exclusively eating dry food. Is there a way I can get her to also eat her wet food or is it ok if she only eats dry food? She drinks a lot of water and her poop look fine.
>>
Who likes to adopt a home raised tiger cub?
>>
>>3012741

I'm one of those people that names everything. Pepper is part of a stray epidemic in my town, the town is run by fucking idiots who don't enforce neutering and refuse to put any money into fixing a literal cat apocalypse. Moved to this part of town, met Pepper and like 15 other cats, started to socialize with her. Ended up being a LONG road.

All of the cats that were abandoned (irresponsible owners) on my street are now social to some degree. Some are snuggle bugs, some will follow you around but don't like to be touched. I try to adopt out as many as possible, because the city won't do anything. Also, if the cat has a name, people get interested. It becomes less of an animal and more of a character, and I've adopted out cats for that reason some times. Don't get to every cat, but I get to the ones I can.

Weirdly enough, one of the kittens she's had before is my big fat house cat. He had an eye problem too, but when he was 5 months old.

When the kitten is old enough to live without the mom overnight, I'll think about taking her to get spayed. Most places around here charge $100-$125 for the appt., the neuter, and the shots. I know it's gotta be done, but I don't have a whole lot of expendable income.

UPDATE: Kitten is as mobile as she can be, and her other eye has started to open. She still has a distended eye, but the pus has cleared almost entirely. Will be giving her routine care/check ups throughout the day.
>>
>>3012764
Weird, have you tried different labels? Maybe buy some super premium wet food?
>>
A reminder that the brand 9lives has been manufacturing poison and should never be purchased for any cats, even if they've been fine with it up until now. Kotters deserve better.
>>
File: 20181223_185925-1.jpg (837 KB, 2168x2307)
837 KB
837 KB JPG
I love your cats guys
>>
>>3013053
>>
>>3013264
Guess this is now a RIP situation.

Have lots of nice dreams, babies. There are many soft blankets waiting for you on the other side.
>>
>>3013053
Shit. It's no wonder infections spread easily in this kind of situation, the city should really get their shit together and at least neuter them. I'ts only gonna get more expensive if they wait.
Keep up the great work, I got my cat out of a similar case and she's the best.

>>3013264
This is just too cute, I hope you'll find someone who'll adopt them both if Pepperkitten makes it.
>>
>>2997217
Set up gofundme and an ig page with videos of cat. I will happily donate.
>>
>>3012764
Mine refuses to eat wet. I just monitor poops/water and try to get her to try fancy wet food in different varieties to see if she'll eat it. Sometimes she does.
>>
I guess I own a cat now. Someone ditched a cat in front of my apartment in a three hour period when I was gone. They left it with a can of cat food and water. I'm at the end of a dead end street and a house next door is being renovated with the dumpster outside attracting all sorts of people so I'm pretty sure it was on purpose. She has a cloudy eye but otherwise seems healthy, if not a little hungry. Definitely an indoor cat. She had no problem with me picking her up and coming inside and even uses the litter box.
>>
File: IIIIIIITS REGGIE.jpg (184 KB, 1000x750)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>3012621
It takes time. My floof is still needy, but nowhere NEAR what he was. He couldn't be alone for 5 minutes without yelping. Took him about half a year for him to mellow out, but he was only 6 months old when I adopted him. And he recently sustained an eye injury that messed with him a little bit.

Now, he's 13 months, and still cries/is up my ass when I get home, but he's not miserable. Your cat needs confidence in his new environment. It just takes some time for the mellowing to happen, but probably not too much because he's already an adult. Give it a month or so and see where you two are.
>>
>>3012621
Kot is still settling in. 2-4 weeks adjustment time is expected for kots unless they're exceptionally easygoing and well-socialized. Cats are, on the whole, more inclined towards neophobia. Establishing a routine will probably help him feel more secure in the fact that you're going to leave, but will always come back home.

Mine is very skittish - a previous hoarder house cat - and she took a month to even venture outside of the bedroom of my apartment. Now she owns the place and is rarely startled by loud noises or voices unless they're right outside the apartment. Just have patience, it sounds like he's been through a lot.

>>3012622
They can at least set you up with some antibiotics, eye lube, and pain meds to keep her comfortable/the issue from progressing if surgery isn't an option.

>>3012764
Some kots just don't like the taste or texture of wet food. It's not ideal for their moisture intake, but just feed good quality dry. You could try warming the wet food up in the microwave for a couple seconds and see if heating it makes it more appealing.
>>
>>3013582
I'm pretty sure my cats thought the Pate we would buy on occasion was poop.
>>
File: jade~2.png (816 KB, 1000x658)
816 KB
816 KB PNG
>>3013582
Appreciate it, but she didn't make it. Her other eye did open a little bit, so she got to see some things before she passed. Hope she got to see her mother.

RIP little tuft. You were too pure for this world.

(Heart's blocking the ruptured eye)
>>
>>3013286
>>3013601
Rest well, qt pepperlet.
>>
File: 20190505_084053.jpg (297 KB, 1080x964)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>2998903
Sry, couldnt find a better quality but here you go.
>>
>>3013708
Fuck I am retarded. Responded to the wrong reply god Damn it
>>
File: IMG_20190505_104642.jpg (1.94 MB, 4000x2250)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
she climbs into bed every morning, gets under the covers and bites me in the ass
>>
>>2994149
What did stripes do to you
>>
>>3009172
>from now on call me Big Boss
>>
>>3013716
Two words: Dutch oven.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34pXm4vAUtE
>>
>>3013286
Dude I'm so sorry. I know it happens but it sucks when it happens to you with a cat you sort of know. RIP Pepperlets. Bad news is we don't all make it bro.
>>
>>3014477
Watching this while waiting for my sleep meds to kick in. Genuinely very relaxing.
>>
>>3003394
This dicaprio reaction pic always makes me burst out laughing, couple that with that dumb funny post. Only this time it happened during a boring lecture. Fuck.
>>
File: JPEG_20190506_093449.jpg (1.56 MB, 4032x3024)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>
Found out today that my 7 years old cat has cancer. How do I deal with the sadness that I'll have to bring him to sleep soon. I don't want him to suffer anymore.
>>
>>3014956
Get another one.
>>
>>3015229
please use an exit bag at your earliest convenience
>>
Rate this quadruple polydactyl jackass
>>
File: long.jpg (22 KB, 466x769)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>
>>3014956
It'll hurt. Just love him and pet him while you still have him. The pain will get better with time.
>>
File: 1544983198398.jpg (43 KB, 354x640)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>2998717
seconded
>>
>>2999702
I'm so sorry friend.
>>
>>3002039
happy birthday jazz
>>
>>3003949
????????????????????????
>>
File: Z_3mNF3NYhg.jpg (45 KB, 600x459)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>2998717
>>3015853
Is this it?
>>
My 1yo cat just threw up a hairball and brownish vomit. It looked like diarrhea but the lack of smell and tube shape fur pellet seemed like vomit. He eats wet food 3x a day, could the brown vomit be a cause of concern if this is a one off? He's playing and grooming as normal.
>>
>>2997217
seconding for you to talk to people at a local shelter, they might know of a local low cost spay/neuter clinic also
>>
>>3016620
The brown is probably just from the wet food. Occasional hairballs are normal in cats, especially longhaired ones.
>>
>>2999952
my old cat loved beef
>>
File: 1557269122768.jpg (186 KB, 1280x1280)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>3016630
Thanks. We just moved house and he's had a lot of change but he's a generally happy dude
>>
>>3016620
Make sure you brush him everyday. Mine stopped having them once i did that
>>
File: 20190507_010927_resize_25.jpg (1.62 MB, 1792x1344)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
Here's one of my kitters we took in right when they were born along with the mom.
Her and her lunk of a brother will be a year old this month.
>>
>>3016752
Cute cat
>>
Had to put my boy down a couple nights ago. I miss him.
>>
Cat just had teeth removed and he's been pacing in the kitchen for atleast 4 hours, he's eaten a whole pack of wet food and is not crying, but will purr when smoothed, he keeps going to his dry food bowl but he's not allowed it.
>>
>>3017406
Feed him some more wet food if he's hungry. Make sure he has clean water. He'll get over not having dry for a bit.
>>
How do I deal with a rough cat?
My cat is way too playful, I manage to do with his behavior and invest some of my time to play with him, he can even play fetch.
Like many cats he likes to play chasing toys and stuff like they're his prey, including my arm and legs...

Sometimes he becomes too agressive, bites stronger than ordinary, although he has never used his claws, (I assume he knows not to harm us) he can sometimes scratch me by mistake because I havent cut his nails in months.

The thing is no matter how rough I become myself to make him stop, neck grip, pushing him, throwing water and even spanking, he won't stop, actually now he has dominated his fear of water, sometimes even begging me to let him shower with me...

He still thinks I'm still playing, I'm left with no option but to lock him in his pet carrier.
He is currently inside and watching me while purring like a diesel engine.

So how do I get him to get less anxious when we play?
I did also consider that he is trying to tell me he feels molested, because he seemed oddly aggressive, it has been 2 years now, and he is really just playing, I can see him now in his cage looking happy and excited he doesn't even mind being locked as long as I'm near him.

He is castrated, so I don't know what makes him so rough, he is really the sweetest cat when he is relaxed.
I'm just afraid that one day he gets out of control, and I'll have to be extremely violent to subdue his excitation.
>>
my cat sneezes and I think I saw a little bit of snot on his nose before he licked it off. He hasn't lost his appetite though, he still eats and drinks a lot. He also still plays around with his buddy a lot and loves the occasional petting sessions.
Should I be worried and go to the vet? He's new and easily scared so catching him and putting him in a cat carrier would probably cause him a lot of stress. I honestly wouldn't even know how as he won't allow me to pick him up yet.
>>
>>3017720
How many hours a day do you play with him?
Sounds to me like it's not enough or lacking the right games. Expecially male cats love to play fight and if he's in a teenager or young adult phase it's normal to go all out, test your (and your playmates) limits and have near unlimited energy.
If they don't get enough playtime cats can become frustrated and either agressive and anxious or depressed couch dwellers.
If you don't have enough time to play enough with him you should get him a neutered, male playbuddy around the same age, expecially if he's still young.

>The thing is no matter how rough I become myself to make him stop, neck grip, pushing him, throwing water and even spanking, he won't stop
It could be he is seeing this as playing in form of 'fighting back'. Short but loud, high pitched screaming and then ignoring works better as a no.

>>3017808
They can get colds, too. And some have somewhatcronic sniffles due to a bad infection as a Kitten.
So I wouldn't be worried at all unless he behaves sickly or his breathing changes.

Also maybe train carrier acceptance. Put the carrier somewhere in the room as a normal piece of cat furniture and get them to go in there daily with a little snack.
>>
>>3017846
>And some have somewhatcronic sniffles due to a bad infection as a Kitten.
that could be it, he used to be a stray so he's probably been through a lot.

The thing is he sneezes the most at the start of a petting session. He sneezes a lot then, like 10 consecutive sneezes and then it stops and I can continue petting him. I'm a smoker though.....maybe he's bothered by my hands? I guess I could wash my hands after I smoke.
At first I thought he didn't know how to purr so he has some trouble starting up? Is that actually possible? My other cat used to cough a bit the moment she started purring and then stopped coughing.

I should defenitely train carrier acceptance, I've put the carriers in the cat room but they don't seem interested at all. Good idea putting some snacks in there for them to find.
>>
File: 1488.jpg (127 KB, 705x721)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
I recently moved into a new house, and it turns out that the previous owners cat came running back. They gave me a descriptions and it matches the cat i saw a few times at night/early morning.
They gave us the okay to keep him (if we manage to catch him), but im unsure on how to gain their trust.

Should I start putting out food and water in the garden until the at starts to trust me?
>>
>>3017945
Sure, put out boxes with blankets or something as well
>>
File: spacedout.jpg (69 KB, 722x800)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2999096
>>
I bought another wet food can. It has the same quality as previous just another label and it's bigger. My cat ate it all yesterday with pleasure, but refused this morning. Eventually after begging she ate like quarter of it. Is she just acting spoiled or new food is not tasty for her?

This morning another person (not me) gave her a food. Maybe it matters?

She has her high-quality dry food always, I change it daily and clean cups and such.
>>
File: Photo0223.jpg (233 KB, 1200x1600)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
Can a cat recover from hurt back or leg? It just wants to be alone and doesn't want to eat or drink anything. I don't know what exactly happened to it because I didn't see it myself. My grandma says the other cat (his father) grabbed him and throwed him, which I doubt because they got along nice and rarely were together at all. I think my grandma must have hit it or something fell on his lower back. The vet says we should wait and see what happens.
>>
File: IMG_20190509_172056.jpg (268 KB, 1600x1200)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>3018033
He also looks like he lost weight. Sorry for low quality pics, but that's all I have for now.
>>
>>3018038
This is him a week ago when he was alright.
>>
>>3018033
Generally yes, they can even recover from horrible car crashs sometimes.
>The vet says we should wait and see what happens
What's the diagnosis? Just swelling?

Not eating isn't a good sign in cats, though. Does he even ignore the most tasty treats like tuna served on the couch? Does he still shit and pee normally?
I'd keep an eye on bowel movement, if this stops or gets too irregular he might have some constipation issues related to the damage or lack of movement that should be dealed with.

It could also be he only doesn't eat because he's in pain and now the nausea due to hunger adds to the problem.
I'd take him to the vet again for shots against those two issues and maybe make a quick ultrasound/x-ray if he didn't shit for a while, just to be sure.
Also lots of love always helps, too.
>>
>>3017846
About 1 hour a day
I won't get him a playbuddy cat, I've seen it happen many times, cats can't get along and he will become a depressed couch dweller if I get another cat.
>>
>>3018104
>What's the diagnosis? Just swelling?
No diagnosis yet. There's some swelling, yes.
>Not eating isn't a good sign in cats, though. Does he even ignore the most tasty treats like tuna served on the couch?
He drank some sour milk.
>Does he still shit and pee normally?
Yes.
>>
>>3013574
Well a week later and I find out the home was foreclosed and not being renovated and they just let the cats free. I have two now but there's a third one that absolutely hates me after I tried shoving it in a cat carrier. The first one just likes sleeping and eating and the second one is now adjusting to being in a house again.
>>
>>3018502
fortunately they seem to be spayed so no concern about kittens popping up.
>>
Have you ever moved to a new home with your cat? Was it a traumatic experience for your cat?
>>
>>3018527
They whine and complain because they're in the carrier, but they chill out after a couple days. Especially once they know where the food is and have a safe space to sleep.
>>
What's a good water fountain for cats? Mine'll drink from the bowl but I find the bowl gets a clammy surface brackishness a day after I fill it. Seems like a lot of the ones I see have remarks about loud noise.
>>
>>3018573
I wash my cat's water bowl out in the sink and scrub it with my fingers on a daily basis before filling it with fresh water (call me stupid, but I always pour my cat some water from my bottled water that I always have on me)
>>
>>3018576

Yeah I don't mind scrubbing it (though I sometimes just empty and refill) but I was wondering if I should get a fountain or not. I've seen her drink from it so it's clearly not a problem, but I also in the past saw her like to drink from water in the tub. Hence why I was looking in that 20-30$ range instead of spending 80 dollars on something she might not even use.
>>
>>2998903
I've noticed that a lot of older cats love to have the spot between their shoulders rubbed. I recommend against butt pats or full body strokes just because their hips are usually sore spots.
>>
I'm looking to adopt a kitten. Do I adopt solo, or do kittens benefit from growing up in pairs, or more?
>>
JFC just cleaned my cats litter box with a new scooper and it absolutely annihilated my lungs. It's not very hole-y so the litter doesn't pass through if you don't shake and doing that brings out all the bentonite dust in the litter

I shouldn't have thrown out the old one for no reason now I'm gonna have to look for the same model
>>
>>3018646
Kittens have tons of energy and need constant attention. Unless you're able to spend literally every hour of every day entertaining the kitten, adopt in pairs. Two cats aren't much more of a hassle to take care of than one anyway.
>>
>>2999355
Get the older one!
>>
>>3002718
I would go to Home Depot and buy some cheap wood and nails. Can easily seal your precious cat in a coffin, and even like the interior with some velvet if you want it to be comfy. Bury that 4 ft deep and no scavengers will get it, your precious angel will be peacefully resting
>>
>>3011231
The owner feels no remorse for what they did to your poor cat. You have to do something to them until they do. Wether it’s poisoning their dogs, or targeting them directly, or both.

I can’t imagine the thought of someone being responsible for my cat’s death and then going on to wake up, eat food, and go to sleep every day without facing some sort of retribution
>>
>>3015388
What? That’s a good way to deal with the sadness of losing your special tiny friend. And you get to save the life of another kitty in the process. And your deceased cat would want you to be happy because they love you. Everyone wins
>>
>>3018577
Nta but I got the catit flower fountain (wanted something that looks pretty too) and my cats love it, they don't even use their bowls anymore but I continue refreshing the water daily.

>put fountain in dishwasher for weekly cleaning
>cats constantly whining at the spot where the fountain stood while their bowl is next to them.
>meowwmeoowww sooo thirstyyy, meowww where is our waterrrrr!!! Why are our paws wet from standing in this stupid bowl
>>
File: asset-1289000.jpg (48 KB, 646x656)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>3018908
2 hours later I notice I dropped my pic
This is the fountain, my cats are really happy with it
>>
>Young cat always looking out the window and glass door excitedly
>He's never been outside before
>Tries to sneak past doors when people are coming in and out of the house but we always stop him
>Friends came over yesterday and must have let him slip by
>10 minutes later we realize he is missing and tear up the house looking for him
>Look outside and hear what sounds like a human baby crying really loudly
>Cat is sitting out on the front porch absolutely terrified and runs back inside as soon as he sees us

I'm guessing he's not going to try that shit anymore lol. I'm glad he didn't get into any real trouble
>>
>>3019070
kek, yeah he'll be cured of that for at least a month.
>>
>>3018646
Kittens benefit from having a partner to play with several hours of the day (and night) and not being locked away from social partners because they are 'annoying'.

So If you have a shitload of time on your hands and maybe one or more other people you can share the playing chores with for the next year or two it doesn't matter.
If you're not sure you can deal with having to invest that much time and rather only play with the cat like 15 minutes sometimes, get an adult one or two kittens.
>>
>>3019234
>>3018646

agreed.
im raising a feral mom with 2 kittens in our company warehouse. security camera footage shows them playing almost every waking moment.
I also read they socialize and learn faster in pairs, giving you smarter cats
>>
New thread, no one linked it:
>>3019063
>>3019063
>>3019063

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.