[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: 1506388259745.jpg (31 KB, 640x480)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>I recall having read of an Englishman who, while hunting in India, had shot a monkey; he could not forget the look which the dying animal gave him, and since then had never again fired at monkeys.
>Similarly, William Harris, a true Nimrod, in 1836 and 1837 traveled far into the interior of Africa merely to enjoy the pleasure of hunting. In his book he describes how he shot his first elephant, a female. The next morning he went to look for the dead animal; all the other elephants had fled from the neighborhood except a young one, who had spent the night with his dead mother. Forgetting all fear, he came toward the sportsmen with the clearest and liveliest evidence of inconsolable grief, and put his tiny trunk round them in order to appeal to them for help. Harris says he was then filled with real remorse for what he had done, and felt as if he had committed a murder.
>>
>>2963432
>anthropomorphising wild animals
normies never learn
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 304x165)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2963432
>What if animals had feelings bro
>>
>with the clearest and liveliest evidence of inconsolable grief, and put his tiny trunk round them
I was in a messed-up mood and this made me tear up a little
>>
File: 1509179911180.png (53 KB, 403x448)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>2963436
>>2963443
>a-animals don't have emotions they're just brainless automatons!
>>
>>2963432
>and felt as if he had committed a murder.
gee
>>
>>2963432
I don't understand how anywhere that has elephants naturally is always inclined to systemically abuse them. India has Ghanesh as a deity and yet their people still ward off elephants from villages by throwing fire bombs at them it's fucked. Expansionism is ruining the planet
>>
>>2963436
>>2963443
Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.
>>
>>2964026
This is true, Hitler was greatly opposed to animal cruelty and banned non-subsistence hunting in Germany.
>>
File: hitler deer.jpg (14 KB, 265x190)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>2964026
>>
File: zombie dog.jpg (61 KB, 500x496)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2963436
>>anthropomorphising wild animals

We can't expect the to react like humans or relate to us as fellow humans - because they are not -- but that doesn't mean they don't have emotions of their own kind, bonds of their own kind, especially the animals with longer lifespans where nurture matters as much as nature on how it turns out.
>>
>>2963432
the elephant one is understandable. even the ancient romans didn't like to see elephants abused in the Colosseum. the monkey one is just retarded though.
>>
>>2963432
If you're gonna eat it, I wholeheartedly support hunting. If it's a pest animal, I understand the necessity of it. But if it's just shooting anything that moves for shits and giggles, that's pretty uncool. Those dudes should feel bad.
>>
>>2963432
Is this part of that monkey torture discord community who are making/commenting on all those vids?
tell me are you chinks poos or cia?
>>
>>2964026
>>2963436
Psychopaths tend to torture animals when they're kids. Anthropomorphy is fundamental for our capability to understand the other and stand in someone else's shoes. Animals have some more rudimentary form of emotions but they are generally not self-realising, us realising them might be more realising the animal than it realizes itself. That being said, all animals hate pain. Hate, anger, anxiety, angst, fear, pain, suffering, all these emotions become apparent when someone harms an animal, and its why people stop hurting them when they've done it once.
>>
>>2963432
>sportsmen

I would hunt them and then roast them in ways that would make ISIS executioners recoil in fear and disgust.
>>
>>2963979
>Everywhere elephants go, humans harass and abuse them! Surely there is no pattern of behavior among the elephants here. The various isolated human communities must just have an irrational prejudice against these gentle, big-nosed beasts.

OY VEY
>>
>>2964042
>>2964044
p -> q ~=> q -> p
>>
>>2964054
Eating the elephant would not make it okay.
They're very intelligent and social animals.
>>
>>2964078
Fair point. Not okay but less bad.
>>
>>2964061
Torturing animals is anthropomorphising as well.
>>
>>2964115
Yeah, and it's exactly why you learn that you have the capacity to harm, which normal children will be repulsed from if it's used without purpose (like torture)
you've probably hurt someone or some animal, which taught you that torture, or harm, is bad
Psychopaths keep torturing animals because they're incapable of putting themselves in someone's shoes
>>
>>2964044
where do u think u are fren? yes he is a good mab
>>
>>2963443
Literally why wouldn't they
>>
>>2964049
Monkeys are social, live a pretty long time, and are pretty smart
Theyre likely somewhat similar to us in what they feel and how they think,
>>
File: hollandia.jpg (110 KB, 682x900)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>2964044
>calls other people "normies"
>hitler is le bad!
>>
>>2964042

I guess, but have you seen photos of hitlers gsd? they all looked emaciated.
>>
>>2964078
Same can be said for pigs but nobody gives a fuck
>>
>>2963436

you stupid nigger. they have animal capacities, which while not human are nonetheless greater than your total nigger disregard for other sentient life
>>
>>2965108
Now you got me thinking about elephant bacon... maybe get a couple ostrich eggs sunny side up and some Texas toast. Oh mama.
>>
>>2964026
Compassion is the reason whites are going extinct. It's a flaw
>>
>>2964062
>>2964054
>unironically pissed off at 19th century hunters
lmaoing at your life
>>
>>2963979
You'd feel the same way too if they kept wandering into your town whenever they felt like it, knocking down walls and eating your food, occasionally trampling your pets and children by accident.
>>
I have compassion for animals, but I hate monkeys, despite never having met one. I saw a video of a monkey leaping off a cliff on YouTube and it was the funniest shit.
>>
>>2965178
Actually I sympathize with them. I hunt (for food) and don't feel bad about it at all. But, I shot a bobcat once that spooked me and in retrospect should have just shooed him away. I have him mounted on my bookcase as a reminder to only take from nature what I need.
>>
>>2964026
This
>>
>>2965236
I wonder how you would feel if you got the same treatment
>>
>>2965259
Once I'm dead it's irrelevant. I like to think I've influenced other people not to make the same mistake.
>>
File: 1550988253811.jpg (28 KB, 480x480)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
The assumption that animals are without rights and the illusion that our treatment of them has no moral significance is a positively outrageous example of Human crudity and barbarity.
The question is not, "can they reason", "can they talk", but "can they suffer"? Why should the law refuse its protection to any sensitive being?
Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality.
>>
>>2963979
They are literally pitbull of India u fucken nigger
>>
>>2964044
Hitler drinks water too
>>
>>2964044
Maybe he was in the right? Hold on, gonna go turn my son's penis inside out and start taking him to drag shows
>>
>>2965065
Because he was a vegan and probably insisted on the same for his pets.
>>
>>2966259
>he was a vegan
No he wasn't.
>>
>>2964066
Lmfao
>>
>>2963447
stop eating chocolate then, fatty
>>
>>2963436
>>2963443
>dude only humans can have any sense of mortality or feel emotions LMAO
Kill yourselves you edgy cunts.
>>
>>2963448
they are, just like humans
>>
>>2966526
he was some flavor of vegetarian. He was a strange person from a medical standpoint, There is a documentary from "hitler's doctor" out there. Guy was on a ton of drugs, I suspect he was vegetarian due to medical issues and not anything based out of morality.
>>
>>2963979
Male elephants get extremely aggressive.
>>
>>2965892
based elephs fighting the good fight agaisnt poos

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.