[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_20190212_181010.jpg (1.9 MB, 1840x3264)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
Just found this bird with a broken wing in my yard, just got off the phone with wildlife Victoria and they told me not to try and move it until someone gets there, is there anything I should do for it until then?
>>
actually I just got a call back - they said since it's not a species native to Australia they're not allowed to help and the injury doesn't look recoverable, so the best thing to do is to drive it to a vet and have it put down.
that's super fucked up and I'm pretty bummed about it, am I supposed to just let it die?
>>
>>2940780
Yes.
>>
>>2940780
Think about it this way.
You can leave it to die horribly, in pain, scared and possibly picked off by predators away from it's flock. Or.you can end it's suffering.

It won't get better. Horrible shit happens in nature. It will happen if you didn't notice but you did. If you can help, even to minimize it's suffering, why not?
>>
either way it would have been a waste of money, just like a dingo or cane toad get it mate
>>
>>2940777
Bandage the wing and look after it
>>
>>2940777
Those things are fucking delicious. Very good tasting meat.
>>
>>2940913
>blow 700 calories plucking squab
>gain 300 calories eating squab

there's a reason poor people don't eat them
>>
File: 223.png (276 KB, 530x398)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
>>2940915
Hm...
>>
>>2940777
You can save it and keep it as a pet. It looks like a super comfy bird to have.
>>
>>2940790
>You can leave it to die horribly, in pain, scared and possibly picked off by predators away from it's flock.
>Or you can catch it like a predator, imprison it in fear, take it to a killing facility and kill it.
Honestly just leave it out to die.
>>
>>2940777

Be a Google hero and figure out how to save it
>>
>>2940915
They are easy as shit to pluck though. Youve obviously never plucked one before.
>>
>>2940973
>Not just snapping its neck then and there

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.