[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1501335571_perrocaca.jpg (39 KB, 500x375)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
There's something about dogs that is really off putting to me. I used to own various kinds of pets ever since I was a child -- guinea pigs, few cats and now two buns. Loved them all to death and love my buns now.

We got a dog recently and I try to like her, but I can't get over how repulsive they are to me.

Here's some observations I've made throughout my life about dogs.
>completely fucked in the head and illogical is their default state
>not smart at all contrary to the popular belief
>can snap out of sanity and become aggressive for no particular reason any time not depending on the breed (although admittedly some breeds do have a lower chance)
>enormous attention whores
>fucking nasty
>even their regular dog smell is unpleasant no matter how much you take care of them
>not even mentioning putrid shit they take, which almost makes me puke whenever I have to pick it up

tl;dr -- love literally every other animal, can't stand dogs.
>>
I like all animals
>>
>>2940184
did you get a pitbull? you are not supposed to get a pitbull
>>
>>2940238
God no. It's a petit brabancon. She's adorable, I can't say I don't like her, but I can't bring myself to play with her or touch her much, because she constantly trying to lick my face and I always want to go wash my hands after interacting with her to get rid of the dog smell. My friends and family fucking adore her.
>>
Theres a reason dogs are the most popular pet

Most people are disgusting with shit taste
>>
>>2940245
looks like one of those genetic crime against nature kind of dogs, should have gotten a normal one instead. at least the body looks almost functional on this one

anyway dogs were created by humans to be overtly attached, sounds like you prefer more independent kinds of animals that haven't been bent to our will to this degree
>>
>>2940184
You just don’t understand dog body language well enough yet. I feel like gorillas are crazy and u predictable, but people who study them know exactly what they’re feeling/thinking based on body language and don’t think they’ll randomly attack like I do
>>
>>2940245
>petit brabancon
>get abomination dog
>is surprised to be repulsed by it
>>
>>2940291
>explicitly state I feel that way towards ALL dogs no matter the breed
>put it in tl;dr for retards
>there are still people like this
>>
>>2940315
would have learned to love it if you got a non-monstrosity type of dog
>>
>>2940184
>>2940231
It’s ok anon, dogs don’t have to be your favorite animal.
>>2940248
Fuck jannies and fuck dogfuckers.
>>2940256
>You just don’t understand dog body language well enough yet
Hahahaha holy fuck anon please just admit dogs are retarded already.
>>
>>2940315
>>2940328
>hehe all dogs are angels
>WTF but not THAT dog
>>
perro caca
>>
>>2940315
>hate dogs
>get one anyway
this seems like a you problem
>>
>>2940231
based
>>
are there any spiders that you can pet?
>>
>>2940372
Yeah, there are. Only dumb people do that, though.

>>2940365
I don't live alone and have to respect other people's wishes.
>>
>>2940375
you sound like a pushover beta
>>
>>2940379
>I am a miserable loner who never had any meaningful interaction with people not to mention building a family and learning to compromise to make other people happy: the post
>>
File: bgr-ou-0008.jpg (129 KB, 1024x694)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>2940245
>petit brabanco
STRETCHED
SPREAD
>>
File: gag.jpg (15 KB, 480x360)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>2940382
this coming from a weak beta who can't manage a small dog
>>
>>2940391
What an absolute retard. I never said I can't manage a small dog. I'd tell you to read my post again, but that won't help, not with your reading comprehension.
>>
>>2940394
>it licks me
>aggressive for no reason
>attention whoring
these are your words and the words of someone who can't manage a small dog

you're the problem
>>
>>2940184
>>2940398
>>aggressive for no reason
this is a dead giveaway of a shitty owner

the only dogs for whom this is somewhay true are rescues with a traumatic history, but children shouldnt even handle those unsupervisef (and let us not fool ourselves, op is clearly a child living at home)

>>2940387
lol someone forgot to inflate the head. it's not done yet, return to sender
>>
>>2940398
>>2940408
This is your brain on dog, kids.

>Here's some observations I've made throughout my life about dogs.
That should've given you a hint that the things I've listed in the OP applied to dogs in general, not mine in particular, who is thankfully pretty calm.

>it licks me
Apparently that makes me a beta. Okay, anon.

>but children shouldnt even handle those unsupervisef (and let us not fool ourselves, op is clearly a child living at home)
This is hilarious. Do you have more insights into my life like these?
>>
>>2940231
>me too

I'm always stoked to get to interact with everything and learn how different everything needs and acts. OP is interesting because usually it's people who expect dogs or cats out of other animals.
>>
>>2940231
Same desu
>>
>>2940387
it looks like it has down syndrome
>>
Thanks for making an an entire thread for 'I don't like thing'.
>>
File: WP_20141101_015.jpg (1.36 MB, 1456x2592)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
Had this stray cat who lived near parents' apartment building. He was the chillest motherfucker around, completely silent, never heard him meowing for hours like retard. Never got into fights until he sees clear signs of aggression towards him (i.e. other cats trying to conquer his territory; he let other catos in perfectly fine unless they start being assholes). Starts purring like mad when he sees you, no matter how many injuries he has or how painful they are. Used to come visit and feed him after work 2-3 times a week until one day the guy next door says he was killed by a pack of stray dogs who just happened to pass by. The man tried to save our nigga, but it was too late, the injuries were too bad.

F for my little pal.

And fuck dogs, useless overbred pieces of shit that should be fucking shot on sight.

>b-but muh outdoor cat pests
Cats follow their insticts. I say this as someone who gets incredibly upset seeing some borb getting caught by a cat.

Dogs are just being mad fucking retards and are a danger to all.

>>2940569
Well, /an/ is basically full of threads like 'I like the thing' and it's perfectly okay, so bear with this one for a while.
>>
>>2940184
>enormous attention whores
>fucking nasty
>even their regular dog smell is unpleasant no matter how much you take care of them
>not even mentioning putrid shit they take, which almost makes me puke whenever I have to pick it up

These reasons are why I'll never own anymore dogs. I was really sad when my two old dogs died but have to admit life is nicer without them. Also fanatical dog owners are annoying as fuck.
>>
>>2940382
You just described 90% of dog owners
>>
>>2940810
>dogs form a pack
>kill cat
>not following their instincts
I agree with the sentiment that dogs are stupid though. I don't really value cats above any other mammal but I saw one get hit by a car once and the way it continued to run whilst bleeding out stuck with me. I guess it's because I've always personified them a lot? Even though it was virtually silent, it was like hearing the whole animal screaming for life which is an aspect of living organisms I find weirdly off-putting but really amazing - the way that they're made up of so many smaller organisms that all want to live.
>>
>>2940375
So you're either underage or a neet and your opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>2940315
I get disliking all dogs but some dogs are just objectively dumber, uglier, smellier and more illogical, and you chose one of those.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.