[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1200px-Emu-wild.jpg (221 KB, 1200x800)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
My dream is get a decent plot of land and put a couple of emus on it. Or a whole flock of them. Maybe some cassowaries too. They could fuck up coyotes for me. Some day I am going to be able to walk outside and hug a big beautiful bird. They are going to be my bird bros.

What are your /an/ related dreams?
>>
File: 20171120_081157.jpg (2.19 MB, 1512x2016)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
i also would like a plot of land but i'll stick to dogs, rabbits and ruminants
>>
>>2937123
>What are your /an/ related dreams?
Yes, I want to BTFO birds in flying.
>>
File: ppepe.jpg (36 KB, 310x573)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I want to poach OP's plot of land with just a machette. I want to lop off emu and cassowary heads with a single swing. I'll take the bodies for meat and leave the heads as a memento.
>>
>cassowaries
This shit can easily kill you, you know that?
>>
>>2937227
Having helped raised emus, so can they
>>
You should raise them for meat & eggs, bro.

I’m going to open a zoo to the public. I’m breaking ground this spring and you cunts who ragged on me for being more ambitious than you can’t stop me now.
>>
File: 1549139642009.jpg (51 KB, 480x475)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2937123
I want to get a decent plot of land in a quiet rural town and raise some horses, dogs, and rabbits.
>>
>>2937227

A cow or a pig can kill me. So can a dog. I need the cassowaries to fend off coyotes. I'm not so sure that emus are aggressive enough to fight them off.

>>2937244

I would raise them for eggs. But I don't have to stomach to butcher them.
>>
>>2937926
That’s fine, bro, just get guaranteed females or be prepared to give lifelong homes to the roosters.
>>
File: fire.jpg (398 KB, 837x673)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>2937123
>What are your /an/ related dreams?
A world with no cities or people, just pure uncontaminated nature.
>>
>>2937123
If you live in the US I look forward to reading your neighbors' /x/ innawoods greentexts
>>
>>2938006
this
>>
>>2938006
Call me cocky or unrealistic but I think there is time still to teach the humans to be in balance with nature.
>>
>>2938006
My uncle owns some land in MD. His family uses it for hunting. He wants me to help him work it, one day. Farm, supply campsites, etc. I'd do it on one condition. That he and his family allow gray wolves to be placed on their property. It's almost 300 acres of uncultivated land spanning PA, MD and WV. Enough room for man and wolf to live.
>>
>>2937987

I want to get three males, everything I have read says they are the least temperamental. My biggest worry is veterinary care. Second is constructing a fence that can keep them enclosed. That is an expensive fence to surround that much land.
>>
>>2938655
Compared to what animal fencing are they expensive? Yeah just find a proper ratite vet before you finally get them and you should be fine. Where you from, anon? Will they need a heated shed?
>>
>>2938182
Somehow doubt he’s going to convince MD, PA, and WV to reintroduce wolves just so your faggot ass can work the farm, let alone on 300 measly acres.
>>
>>2938681

I would have to get an 8 ft chain link fence, that's going to be a lot of money. Right now I am in San Diego. But I want to relocate to eastern Washington. Up there I would definitely need to build a barn with some warming heaters for them.
>>
>>2938704
I’m pretty sure even the San Diego Zoo has heated sheds for their animals. Unless you’re in like USDA grow zone 11 (which is southern Florida citrus-tier and San Diego has it, depending on your exact location) I would get heated sheds. You’re going to wait until you move to Washington, though, right? I would hate to travel all the way up the west coast with goddamned grown emus.
>>
>>2937123
>hug a cassowary
>the biggest asshole animal on the planet, able to kill people.
please do this.
>>
>>2938742

There is no way in hell I would drive a bunch of thunder geese 1300 miles. Wherever I acquire these animals, that is where I will stay until they die of old age.
>>
>>2938786
They’re not all that bad if raised in captivity.
>>2939362
Are you buying chicks or hatchlings/juveniles and from who? I would love a source for reliable breeders of emus as well.
>>
>>2939640

I would like to get eggs and incubate them. But I need guaranteed males. Don't want to deal with females and eggs. So most likely I will get some hatchlings. As for where I will get them, I haven't done a whole lot of research yet. In southern California there are tons of farmers that raise ostriches and emus. I have found old listings that advertise the birds at $150 per hatchling.
>>
File: Square Meater.jpg (13 KB, 259x194)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
My dad has a ranch where he raises dairy cows and some for meat. I don't really see myself becoming a farmer, but sometimes I often imagine myself driving my dad's old blue truck carrying Japanese Black Cattle to the big city, or waking up to hear my Spanish pigs outside eating accorns. Anyways, do any of you know where to buy cow semen, or do I have to do that in person?
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (138 KB, 1280x720)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
I want a small aquarium gallery in a single room.

Lots of five gallon tanks, planted, with beautiful Bettas. Maybe about four to five, twenty gallon longs for some more variety and for community tanks with lots of small fish.

A couple of the Mr.Aqua Twelve gallon longs on the side walls with huge schools of tiny fish like chili rasbora.

One large 55 gallon on the back wall stocked with some guppies and mollies.

Oh and I want to build a special custom tank that is very long, circular, and wraps the inside of a gazebo. I want it to be somewhat short, and probably not too wide, with lots of grass like plants and water lillies. I want it to only be visible from inside the gazebo, and to be filled with about twenty female Betta and maybe two or three males.
>>
>>2937123
I want to bang a hyena
>>
File: 1547590663568.png (606 KB, 800x1200)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
It would be fun to hunt ostriches or emus, as long as they're not endangered. I just think shooting one in the head would be cool because their head is so small compared to their body.
>>
My uncle has an emu farm, those things are fucking creepy man.

They make this satanic drumming noise with their throats.
>>
>>2939744
>I don't really see myself becoming a farmer, but sometimes I often imagine myself driving my dad's old blue truck carrying Japanese Black Cattle to the big city, or waking up to hear my Spanish pigs outside eating accorns.

I mean it sounds like you want to be a farmer, anon, even if you’re afraid to grow up to be your dad but hey that’s all of us. What would you rather do, anyways? You know you don’t have to choose between having some animals and a different job, right? As for semen, literally just google it. Save for some obscurely hipster breeds, you can get just about any livestock semen you want online. Including Japanese blacks. Hitting up livestock shows as a visitor is also good.
>>
>>2940349
The thing about being a farmer is that the body wear out so after 30 years of hard work. Every joint will ache if the temp isn't warm. Right now I'm studying for mechanical engineering. I'll probably just go to an equipment auction and ask some of the farmers there for samples(the cattle farmers, I'm not going to walk up to random people asking for semen). Most of the people there are pretty friendly. Thanks for the advice anon.
>>
>>2940696
>mechanical engineering
Like I said, anon, you can have both. Maybe not a yuge farm but you can have some show cows and Iberian hogs.
>>
>>2940696

You could do what I plan to do, and just keep a few animals as pets. Get some cattle. Feed them and keep them healthy. Take long thoughtful walks while your heard follows you.
>>
>>2938006
really, I kind of like watching nature in cities. Something about life finding a way despite us is cool to watch.
>>
About 20 quails. Another cat. A terrier. Goat.
Buy a half acre in the middle of the hood. Amend the soil and plant a "food forest" type succession system.
Give fresh produce directly to my church. See if I can get neighbors to begin knocking down fences. Destroy property values while feeding the poor and cultivating strong communities.

You know, economic terrorism and general Black Excellence shit.
>>
>>2941586
Based gif
>>
>>2941586
Something tells me you haven’t thought very far into this. So much for black excellence lmao
>>
>>2941586
Why not start now? Crack open some nectarine and plum pits and throw them in a water bottle filled with potting soil. In four months you'll have a small sapling. Then after 3 or 4 years you'll have small trees producing fruit.
>>
>>2941952
Because “black excellence” never gets anything done. I bet he doesn’t even know how much a half acre would produce.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.