[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

This is the Cat general. Discussion of domestic and wild felines belongs here.

Join the cat conversation at /an/cord's cat section.
https://discord.gg/3xGbBG2

Old thread: >>2910571

Food & Nutrition
>http://catinfo.org/docs/Feeding%20Your%20Cat%20-%204%20pages%2011-13.pdf
>http://consciouscat.net/2012/03/22/the-best-food-for-your-cat/

Outside Enrichment
>https://catiospaces.com/
>http://www.adventurecats.org/backcountry-basics/train-your-cat-to-walk-on-a-leash/
Behavioral problems
>https://thecatsite.com/threads/inappropriate-peeing-problems-answered.9563/
>http://www.catvets.com/public/PDFs/PracticeGuidelines/FelineBehaviorGLS.pdf

Kitten care
>http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2137&aid=912
>>
File: IMG_20190119_122628.jpg (127 KB, 771x1028)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
I'm the guy with the cat and the water bowl splashing issue. I also don't know how to use then and than.
But I think she just likes to play with water? I woke up to her splashing around in the toilet. I guess I need an interesting standalone toy for her?
>>
>two weeks until I get my Sphynx
can't wait
>>
File: kities.png (516 KB, 681x340)
516 KB
516 KB PNG
Here is a picture of my cats.
Say something nice about the white one.
>>
File: 1472022062173.jpg (14 KB, 342x316)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>2019
>The standard for litter boxes is still cheap plastic that absorbs odor

Is there any downside to metal litter boxes?

And what's the deal with those $500 self-cleaning ones? Since they are also made of plastic I imagine parts still need to be replaced routinely.
>>
>>2922379
I got a new cat a few months ago and since then she keeps injuring my first cat and he's so upset he won't eat and hides all day and when she finds him, she hurts him. I want to get rid of her, what's the best way to do this?
>>
>>2922478
You got pretty eyes mr.cat.
>>
>>2922379
guys my family keeps letting the cat outside and it got a big abscess above its eye and a small one on its neck and whenever they keep it inside on bad days it attacks the other obese cat and the dogs what do i do?
>>
>>2922490
I've had a scoopfree litter box for like 4 year now it's still going just fine. Only downside is the replacement trays are a bit expensive at around 20$ a tray.
>>
>>2922512
Seal her in a box and leave her with the trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WtnSuPM3qY

Or look up how to stop play aggression.
>>
>>2922490
You can make them out of anything, every bigger box is good. Even a cardboard box will do if your cat doesn't pee standing up but if your plastic absorbs smell that will do too.

>>2922522
Antibiotics.
>>
Bump
>>
Why is the mau the cutest breed
>>
>>2922404
>I also don't know how to use then and than.
>>2922234
>>
>close friend's 25 year old cat got sick and will be put down
>he also lost an uncle about a week ago
>just came home from a funeral myself today
>coming up on two years since I lost my cat
Jesus, not a fun month.
>>
>>2922757
I hear you anon. Not fun at all.

>My mom died a week ago
>A week before that my sister's best friend's brother died
>On Christmas day my brother-in-law's grandfather died
>While rushing to see him in the hospital his grandma fell and split her head open and was in a coma for 3 days
>>
Could it be that my cat sometimes jumps at me and bites my hand or arm so I come play with him?

He doesn't bite "hard" by the way, he is never agressive, but usually when he bites me it's to tell me that what I'm doing is bothering him.
He does like to play a lot, and sometimes he just comes to me in this manner, jumps and bites my hand for whatever reason even though I'm doing nothing.
>>
>>2922780
My condolences anon. Hope you're doing alright.
>>
>>2922789
Jup, that's an attempt at playing, just go with it.
>>
>had to put down cat last month
>see one on the humane society website that looks visually similar
>go see her in person
>lots of warnings on the enclosure that she needs to be sprayed to keep calm and to not put your fingers near her
>ask worker
>"We think she's just stressed. Someone took her home, and brought her back a month later because she just wouldn't connect."
>Shelter cat looks nearly identical to my old cat
I want to save her but all evidence points to the fact she would not get along with my current cats. It really fucking me up.
>>
>>2922913
Wanting to help her is noble anon, but I don't recommend getting a cat that's visually similar to one you have had before.
Especially just a month out. I know missing her leaves a hole in your heart, but being in a rush to fill it can hurt both you and her.
I can really understand the feeling that you want to save her, but, this might sound a little harsh, it's not your burden that you have to bear, even if that's what your instincts say because of the similarity.
>>
>>2922913
It's hard. I got a cat that doesn't work with us or our cat. She's stressing us all out massively and I don't want her half the time, but I just can't bring myself to ditch her. If I knew she would have caused this much havoc in the household I wouldn't have gotten her. I know it hurts, but you'll thank yourself in a bit.
>>
File: IMG_20190120_113620.jpg (2.24 MB, 2610x4640)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
I recently noticed this tiny bald spot on my cat's face. Anyone know what it might be? A scab? Acne?

I'm happy to take her to the vet if necessary but i'd rather not spend the money if this is likely just a nothingburger.
>>
File: 1471971672692.jpg (106 KB, 601x601)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>tfw your boomer dad got 2 kittens and named them after handgun cartridges
>>
>>2923248
I'm almost positive it's fungus.
In any case this is going to need treatment, it can also spread, take him to the vet asap.
>>
File: ddfa.jpg (34 KB, 600x409)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
I'm moving in 4 days, would it be better if I put my cat's flea medicine on now, or right before, or after?

They have a small bit of fleas right now, but nothing too serious.
>>
>>2923248
It's Mites or a Fungus. Happened to one of my cats.
>>
>>2923248
go to the vet. they can treat it. you don't have access to any effective cures.
>>
File: 1544416601128.jpg (48 KB, 917x960)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>2923338
Based dad
>>
My one cat is always wanting to eat and it's driving me crazy. She whines and meows and if I don't give her more food, she goes full pica and starts eating everything and anything. Now she's started to eat everything and anything AND started to attack stuff I frequently use or things I often look at. She's even started to fuck with the pictures of my mom. I have been locking her in a cage every time she acts like this because I don't know what else to do. Any tips?
>>
>your cat is not declawed
>all of your furniture is perfectly in tact

Has anyone achieved this? Don't tell me it's possible if you put a scratching post ever 3 feet. Like, has someone actually managed to have a cat without their shit getting fucked up?

I've never seen a cat owner whose furniture wasn't scratched up.
>>
>>2923716
Yeah they love to fuck it all up. It's really annoying. They ruined the chair I loved from my mom's house. They ruin the blankets I loved too.
>>
File: Comb21012019000149.jpg (1.38 MB, 3015x2296)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
what is this hard and black spot that's stuck on my cat's ear?
is it a scab?
>>
My one cat got diagnosed with diabetes and I'm utterly lost. I haven't made the appointment yet to learn how to give her shots (will probably just wait since I have an appointment on Thursday anyway, and the office will probably be closed today because of the holiday), but I'm not taking this well. I'm terrified out of my mind even though this is supposedly very treatable.

I just lost my siamese a few months ago because her severe allergies were no longer responding to treatment. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this too.

>>2922404
Some cats with this problem do better with a water fountain bowl. My splasher didn't give a fuck about the fountain and still splashed though. But I've heard it works for a lot of people at least.
>>
>>2923713
Don't let her starve?
If she really got enough food in terms of calories, try feeding something that fills up her stomach as well. Get some high quality wet food and feed smaller portions 3 to 5 times a day.
>>
>>2923716
Everything perfectly intact except the one chair she loves to chill on. It's not that she scratches it, but when she stretches, she holds onto it and leaves tiny holes in it.
As we realized it we just got put and old chair at that place instead, so like with the cat trees she's allowed to ruin it. She also has her own little carpet she likes to scratch on.
It works, she leaves or stuff alone now. She's also 12 years old so that might be a factor as well.
>>
My sweet sweet boy passed about 3 months ago
Saw a boy at the local shelter who's big and loving and I want to give him a home
I hope my roommates would be receptive to the idea
>>
Anyone here got a Norwegian Forest Cat? My Fianceé has fallen in love with one and gets first pick, wondering what real experience people have as opposed to the fawning ninnys on forums and facebook groups
>>
>>2923667
>>2923684
>>2923248
Damn, I'll make an appointment. Thanks for the pointers.
>>
>>2923837
That's Ruff anon, and you don't even have a dog. My Childhood cat was a diabetic, and it was pretty easy to manage. so hopefully it won't be too bad, He lived to be pretty old too.

As for my toilet splashing, Yeah she normally has a fountain bowl., but she was dumping it onto the floor, and even the little temp bowl I setup for her that doesn't move she splashes.
>>
>>2923338
Casull and Webley?
>>
>>2923716
I've had my cat for a year. When I first got her, she would scratch the edges of my couch and one chair in addition to the 2 scratching posts (one at each end of the apartment). After a month of being fed up with it, I lined the edges of said couch/chair with double-sided tape so she'd stop. Took off the tape a couple weeks ago, and she still hasn't scratched anything but the posts.

I'm sure I could have taken the tape off way sooner but never bothered since its presence never annoyed me.
>>
Should I give butter and olive oil to my kitten? I want her to have a silky smooth coat and fat promotes hair growth
>>
File: cat2.jpg (2.03 MB, 3264x2448)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
I adopted this ten year-old tabby on Saturday. He hasn't eaten much and he hides in his little tower. He is very friendly but does not want to leave his safe space. Will he start exploring and eating more once he's acclimated to his new surroundings?
>>
Just adopted a kitten last Thursday. She smells like shit every time she takes a dump and I think she's rubbing vestiges of shit everywhere in the apartment. Should I wipe her butt after she shits?
>>
>>2923853
>Don't let her starve
>She's more than doubled her weight since I got her
I'll try looking into something like you suggested that is more filled or increasing her feeding. We already do 3 times a day, but I guess I'll make them smaller and do it more often. I don't want her gaining any more weight than this.
>>
>>2923837
I'm worried that one of my cats is diabetic. Taking her to the vet soon. The problem is she is SUPER flighty and skittish. Had her for 15 years and she still jumps ten feet in the air if you sneeze near her. I cannot imagine trying to get her to inject insulin.
>>
>>2922379
Spoilered for sad things.

[spoiler]My cat just died an hour ago and the vet doesn’t open until the morning.[/spoiler] I don’t know what to to do with his stuff. Do I just throw it away? I am mess and I can’t think straight and i just want to ramble. He wasn’t even a year old. We just had a little stocking made for him. I keep wanting him to run inside. To pop out of the fucking box infront of me.
>>
>>2924538
What happened? I would say put everything in box for now, because you are not in the right head space to think about these things.
>>
>>2924538
Fuck me I can’t even tag right. Mobile isn’t letting me delte this. Sorry.
>>
>>2924542
Car. He was dead in the street, i had just seen him and then he was just dead in the strretl
>>
>>2924546
I'm sorry anon. That's the fucking worst. I wish I had something other to say to comfort you, but I don't. You're in for a shit time ahead, but it'll get less painful over time. Even thought you knew him only briefly, try not to forget him. I suggest keeping the stocking and bringing it out for Christmas every year.
>>
>>2924550
I forgot to say thanks, so thanks. I keep wishing it was another cat and that’s sorta fucked and it is definitely my cat and thanks.
>>
>>2924373
What happens if you put the food in the safe space? Does he eat more? Might need to move it further and further out so he actually ventures.
>>
File: 20190122_10_04_21.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>hello, I'm kot and I have cancer, I very well may die on friday

fuck, I don't want to do this, my girl, but you're more and more in pain. I love you so much. give me your strength, anons, although I very well know all the strength in the world won't make it once we're at the vet
>>
File: IMG_20190122_110045.jpg (2.73 MB, 3968x2976)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>
>>2924624
cute comfy cat
>>
>>2924546
Sorry to hear this, anon. I was feeding some porch kittens for a month and just last Monday found my favorite of the litter dead in the street before leaving for work. He was still warm when I scooped him up. That afternoon I allowed the remaining three kittens to come into my house even though we're pretty much already full. I just hate to see strays experience needless pain and suffering.
For your future cats, please keep them strictly indoors.
>>
File: 1470241006938.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>2924605
Enjoy your time with her. There's a lot of people in this thread that don't have the luxury to know something like this could happen ahead of time. You have time to spoil her and pet her.
>>
>>2924626
He was a stray we picked off the street when he was under two weeks according to the vet who looked at his teeth. We have a medium dog who is old and lives in the home so the cat had accesses through the doggie door. I couldn’t figure out how he was getting into the front yard considering our back is fully walled with 6-10 foot brick walls or wood fences and an 8 foot drop to ground from the top. Everytime I would go out there with him he would just run into the dirt to sun bathe or the tall weeds to stare at things.
>>
My cat faints after vomiting, this has happend multiple times, the faint lasts about 5-10 seconds and he wakes up. Has anyone experience something similar?
>>
File: 20181222_235621.jpg (1.93 MB, 3264x1836)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
2 questions about my /prettykitty/.

I've had her since I was little, after my parents got divorced I was tasked to take care of her. Anyway, I took her to the vet about 3 months ago for a checkup and some of her fur was matted. They guilted me into getting a bloodtest because she's an /oldcat/. $400 later I find out she's fit as a fiddle. So they just called me today wanting to do more bloodwork to monitor her kidney function. I don't want to go crazy spending all this money at the vet for a 17 year old cat. Am I a monster?

Also mini likes to sit on my reciever blocking my monitor while I watch youtube or play games. Do you think she wants my attention and knows I'm fixated on the screen?
>>
>>2924856
My families vet said to me once “at this point the question becomes how much money are you willing to throw down to keep buying smaller and smaller amounts of time?” The hard part of having and loving a living thing isn’t the caring for them, the hard part is learning when you need to let them go. The line is blurry and there is no right or wrong answer, just factors.

The oldest cat lived to almost 40. The average indoor cat makes it 16. Your cat is 17. All things considered it’s fair to say your cat has lived a long life. It wouldn’t be monstrous to let nature takes it course IF your cat was becoming sick. It also wouldn’t be selfish to bribe Death to stay his hand for just a little longer, if your cat was sick. The blood panel just came back clean so they still have some normal time.

On the other hand cats hide their sickness well. My 17 year old alley cat seemed fine and faded in two days. When I scraped my mind for clues the only different thing was she had stopped clawing my bed frame about a week before.

Also yes, your cat knows what you are staring at and probably wants some attention and it’s probably kinda warm there too boot.
>>
File: 20180520_175322.jpg (1.45 MB, 2592x1944)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>2924874
Thanks for this. I love mini but I am not a wealthy man. She's had a good kitty life anyway. Its actually kind of funny, she used to be very antisocial when it comes to humans other than my family. But for the past year or so she comes right up to my guest and demands tribute. I guess she figured out that being nice gets her more pets.
>>
Two of my four cats kitten died. She didn't see them die and I burried them. That was a few days ago, and I'm not sure but I get the suspension that when she's wondering around shes looking for them. Is this going to go on for a long time? Am I going to have to dig up the bodies to show her?
>>
>>2924832
she's not in a good enough state to enjoy things a lot anymore. she has everything she likes right on hand, but she doesn't eat. if you bring her some cold milk or water she might drink some but that's all. all I can do is carefully pet her, she's still quite purr-y
I just don't want her to suffer, but it's obvious she is quite stiff and ill, so I think it's better to put an end to it
>>
>>2924856
I'd say once the cat is older a bloodwork every few years is a good idea since some issues are often overlooked as 'old cat behaviour'.
It doesn't mean I would do everything to get an old cat some months more lifetime but letting it suffer for weeks until it slowly dies of organ failure would be too cruel a thing to do to a friend for almost 20 years.

That said, $400 should have been enough for 4 bloodworks including kidney function.
>>
I have one older cat. I don't recall how old she is exactly but she must be around 9 or 10 years old. We got a younger cat recently and the older one now spends almost 100% of her time outside; is that normal?
>>
>>2924923
Well thats the thing, they said her test results were fine (3 or 4 months ago) and only wanted to monitor her kidney function because I mentioned she seems to drink a lot of water. But its not like she drinks more than she used to, I just thought cats didn't drink a lot of water. I don't mind paying for testing once a year or so, but more than that seems kinda ridiculous.
>>
>>2924927
Not normal per se but I don't think its abnormal. She's probably used to a certain circumstance and this one is different. I know my cat abhors other animals. Other cats, dogs, anything. Its just a personality trait.
>>
>>2924955
Also, the younger one got pregnant before you could close her up. Is the older one going to be a problem to the kittens?
>>
>>2924956
we could close her up*
>>
any ideas for getting kot to eat wet food?
>>
I'M ADOPTING A CAT THIS WEEKEND AND I'M EXTREMELY NERVOUS.
>>
Are hypoallergenic cats a real thing? Or just a meme?

My girlfriend has allergies but we really want a cat
>>
File: pixlr_20190122183837926.jpg (2.11 MB, 1373x2048)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
My adopted feral cat mom has become a sweet little lap cat. To the best of my knowledge she had never lived indoors until I took her in last October. Though she shredded my curtains and dug up the carpet in her temporary holding room, she's since calmed down and decided that it's nice living inside.
>>
>>2924886
bump
>>
>>2924886
Jesus that's rough anon. You might have to, but the problem is it isn't really a consistent thing with cats. If you're going to do it, it better be uh.. soon.
>>2925252
They might be picky, try a single pouch of a lot of different kinds and see what they like. Maybe they like patte, maybe they like something a bit more chunky.
>>2925277
Take care of it. Don't let it outside. Don't declaw it. Get it spayed/neutered.
>>2925306
How old? There's a bunch of feral cats in a colony near a trucking place I'd like to adopt, but I'm worried they'll always be flighty and/or mean. How'd you catch her?
>>
>>2924605
Poor girl. Giving you my strength, anon. My buddy Jacob is not doing so well himself. He’s a perfect cat but his kidneys aren’t doing so well and I’m dreading the end. Taking him to the vet tomorrow but I know if it’s bad news for him I’m going to be down for the count. I’m just getting choked up writing this, fuck.
>>
I think I fucked up my cat. I started playing with her by putting with a glove and long sleeves and letting her grab and chew my hand. It seems like it makes her happy.
It was okay for a while, but now she's starting to attack me when I'm just hanging out playing guitar or whatever. She goes for my feet now too.
How do I unfuck my cat? Is this a sign she needs a trip to the vet?
Her last owner used to play with her like that when she was a kitten and she wasn't aggressive before.
I play with her for a little throughout the day and make sure to have at least one longer play session of 15-20 minutes a day. Mostly with string.
She's also on slight diet which, but it's really not much less than she was eating before. She's a little over a year old.
Also how do I calm her down when she's trying to attack my hands? She doesn't seem to want to give up. Hiding them seems to just get her more excited. Should I just kick her out of my room for a while?
She's a little over a year old.
>>
>>2925497
House animals have strong associative memories. If you want to change their behavior then teach them through repetition the same way you fucked up to begin with
>>
>>2925435
The kittens were alive for very long, so I don't think she built too a strong a connection to them. When you sell a cats kitten or give them away, they usually forget after a while, right?
>>
File: 1548225161022.jpg (793 KB, 2675x1928)
793 KB
793 KB JPG
only one answered my thread and i just wanna make sure so
Male or female kitten
>>
File: pixlr_20190123034658037.jpg (2.83 MB, 2048x2048)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>>2925435
I think she's about two years old. She had a litter of kittens in May of last year and I started feeding her and her babies in June (top pic). I caught those kittens in July and tried taking her in afterwards, only to find that she was pregnant again. So I turned her loose to have her second litter of kittens outside, which she did around August. I thought they hadn't survived because I didn't see or hear anything for weeks but she appeared with them on my porch in October (bottom pic). Catching her wasn't difficult; she entered the house voluntarily shortly after I took her kittens inside. A plate of food near the door helped.
>>
File: 20181110_151456.jpg (912 KB, 1500x1125)
912 KB
912 KB JPG
My kot
>>
>>2925558
Pretty blurry pic, but judging by the distance between butthole and genitalia I'd say female.
>>
>>2924605
I'm sorry anon. Putting down my dog was one of the hardest and worst experiences of my life. Still miss him :(
>>
>>2925614
beauty
>>
>>2925614
qt
>>
>>2925497
>Should I just kick her out of my room for a while?
Do this as step 2. if she does it again after a loud 'no!' and putting some distance between you two. She'll learn what 'no' means if she never succeeds in getting attention from you after that, but it might take a while.
Also make sure she has more than enough playtime daily. Young cats have lots of energy and should use it to play, fight, run around and stay fit, if there is no second cat that does that with her, it's your job. That might also solve the diet problem.
>>
>Discussion of domestic and wild felines belongs here.
People posting their own cat threads is a crime. Cat discussion does not belong outside of the official discord-approved©™ (((general))).
>>
>>2924948
>But its not like she drinks more than she used to, I just thought cats didn't drink a lot of water
Depends on the diet, some wet food only cats never drink plain water at all. The change in behaviour is the thing that matters.
>>
PLEASE ANSWER ??>>2925301
>>2925301
>>
File: 20190121_130452.jpg (3.44 MB, 4032x3024)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
Mother and daughter checking in
>>
>>2925749
I'll try it out. Should I stop playing with her like this or do you think I can teach her to keep it in playtime and only grab/bite if I have gloves on?
>>
File: 20190123_213648.jpg (852 KB, 2560x1536)
852 KB
852 KB JPG
>>2925707
she was quite miserable yesterday so I thought about going to the vet today instead of friday, but this morning she went walking in the snow for 10 minutes, then drank nearly all of her milk, and ate sardines and cream at noon and this evening. I didn't have the guts to take her to the vet. she's sleepy right know, she doesn't seem to be painful, just very tired. I don't know what to do with her
here's a pic from about an hour ago so you can see how she doesn't look like she's in a bad state
>>
>>2925783
yea its true but theyre not allergy free
>>
>>2925882
she looks like a tired kot but a content one :)
>>
my cat lost a bottom fang a little while ago likely from chewing on something, should I be concerned? she only eats wet food and doesn't seem to have trouble eating dry treats, but she likes to chew on pencils and similar things sometimes when she happens to find them.
there's no drool or bad breath or angry gums and she seems fine but it's weird a whole fang went missing suddenly at 9 years
>>
I want to make my cat something fancy

Should I sous vide a chicken breast with or without catnip
>>
>>
File: yamete dre.png (113 KB, 328x301)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
there is a gorgeous new cat in the neighborhood and its sneaking into my cats room and making it his own
hes just chilling around my back room making my two kitties cower behind the furniture out there and skulk around the house. My sister threw water at it and tried chasing it away with a broom twice but he just keeps coming back
>>
File: cream cat.png (895 KB, 776x600)
895 KB
895 KB PNG
>>2926204
it looks kinda like a maine coon mix and his fur is colored like this. I have asked a couple of people and their advice is to escalate the broom violence
>>
>>2926045
>sous vide
Nobody listens to me when I say that /an/ and /ck/ have become the same board
>>
>>2922757
What kind of cat was it?
>>
>>2922379
My cat is like 13, is it fine to sterilize her? Just caught her pissing on the chassi of my pc and I fear that if I catch her pissing on something again, I will throw her out the window
>>
>>2926536
>Not getting her fixed 12.5 years ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.77 MB, 1898x2048)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
My car 鈴音.
>>
>>2926585
Wtf autocorrecting cat to car
>>
File: KittyInBox.jpg (145 KB, 720x960)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>2922379
I want someone to leave me a sweet little kitty in a cardboard box.
>>
Cats can live up to 20 years.
I'm afraid of what could happen in the future, did you ever had to give up your cat?
>>
File: IMG_20190123_221055.jpg (2.24 MB, 3024x4032)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
Kot
>>
>>2926550
>performing unnecessary surgery on an animal
>>2926536
Just scoop her box more regularly. She would prefer to piss there but it's probably dirtier than usual. Your pc paid the price for your negligence.
>>
>>2926768
But it is clean, she's doing that mating call thing and marking her territory
>>
>>2926208
Personnaly I like to hiss very loudly at them while running at them and making the scariest face possible, it works very well.
>>
Found this on my cat, wtf is it and should I be worried?
>>
File: xr9yaL4kIjw-Xh29.webm (2.86 MB, 720x720)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>
>>2926905
Are you sure that's not a nipple?
>>
>>2926905
If you find one, your cat usually has five more hiding on its belly. I suggest seeking a vet.
>>
>>2926922
Could be, although I'm not sure what nipples on a male cat even look like, I'll go feel him up some more and see if I can find another one.
>>
>>2926768
>unnecessary
But still a very good deal for cat and owner. Only wanting the animal to be 'naturally untouched' or something and accepting all the natural stress and health risk that comes with it is pretty weird.
>>
File: pepper commission1.png (300 KB, 811x699)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
Is there anything I can do about my cat's territorial attitude ever since we had a baby?

She is the sweetest thing at night time, cuddling up on our chests and liking attention. But usually (8am to 6pm, or whenever baby goes to bed) she's aggressive, terrified, and to the point where I was taking a nap on the couch and she mauled the shit out of my arm.

I'm at my wits end here. We tried slow exposure with the baby, it didn't help. She has more toys than anything and I make time to play with her. I keep her litter boxes clean, give her affection when she wants it, took her to the vet at least 6 times over this issue to make sure it wasn't medical... Will she just never adjust? She's already bitten the baby a few times too.

I want her to be happy so I'm having a hard time considering bringing her to a shelter, but I can't think of anything else. We're nearing a year now since we brought the baby home.
>>
I don't want to say goodbye to my cat. She's too young to be this sick, too young to die.
>>
Hello. I went retard and adopted a very, very small and anorexic kitten. I took pity on how thin the thing is, her spine can even be felt in detail if you hold her with one hand. So, my question as a total beginner who just took a 1-month-old kitten from some sales shop;

1. Can I get any diseases if i scratch my eye after touching it, for example?

2. I don't have money to take her to the vet now. Are there any serious danger for me handling a cat from unknown origins?

3. How dangerous is toxoplasmosis in humans? I don't know if she has it or not.

Thanks in advance. I'll decide what to do with her later, once she's fatter at least.
>>
came to my patio whole summer chillin in the sun - she was malnourished and had tape worms. i dewormed her and give her the best food i can afford. (high in amount of meat and oils/vitamins) 20€/bag

built her a winter nest on the patio, a wooden box filled with straw and some hay which is dry and cozy.
as i do not lock her in the apartment when i leave for work she can still chill in a warm space when it rains and snows.

my landlord does not allow pets without written permission and he knows the owner of this cat (its our cleaning ladys) and she even said to him she sees the cat not as often as usual.

i never would steal her or anything but the owner who does not feed a cat properly and deworms her regularily is not a loving owner in my eyes. she was basically a walking skeleton feeding on mice and birds.

i can't ask him for permission because when he sees her he may think is stole her...
tricky situation for me though
>>
>>2927068
i am no expert but in a shelter a vet does some tests so she may not have any contagious diseases.

danger i also see none, except if she bites you deeply or scratches you - there could be an infection is she is "unclean" in terms of bacteria

as for the last i dunno what that is
>>
>>2927068
1) yes, if it has parasites or something you can definitely catch stuff
2)parasites and other communal illnesses
3) unless you are pregnant, not very.
>>
>>2927068
1. Most cat diseases can't be catched by humans, at most there are some parasites so you're fine if you're not allergic. But seperate it from other pets until it got a good vet check. Better yet, ask the vet or shelter if they have a cat that could be a foster mom.

2. Rabies, if you got it from somewhere shady.

3. New infections are dangeous for unborn childs, so if your pregnant better let someone else handle the cat turds or get some gloves and face mask.

Questions for you:
Where did you get it from?
Do you know she's really one month old?
Does she eat wet food?
What do you know about handling tiny ones?
>>
>>2927098
1. At a place that sells steel. She's the daughter of the owner's cat. She was lying on the ground, alone. She was in such a shit condition I took pity on her, despite not liking cats that much.

2. It was an estimation from the owner's daughter. She fits in my palm.

3. Yes. I mix wet and dry and she seems to like it quite a lot (or perhaps was just really fucking hungry).

4. Nothing. She seems comfortable enough sleeping in my lap, and loves attention to the point of being clingy, following me around, and meowing for pets.
>>
File: 20180803_175112.jpg (2.18 MB, 2448x3264)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
Stray cats make the best pets, we got ours fixed when she was 2 and already had 2 litters of kittens and then she slowly moved into our house and became an indoor cat. She'll be turning 18 this spring.
>>
>>2927180
Okay, that doesn't sound too bad. Shitty start of life but if she's already eating well that's a good sign. Make sure she also defecates, maybe you still have to help her by gently massaging her lower belly. Also make sure she has access to a warm place. And cuddles, lots of love and cuddles.
As long as she's gaining weight and pooping well everything is alright and I would wait with deworming a bit. If she doesn't gain any or gets diarrhea, it can get dangerous pretty quickly though.
Good luck,you two.
>>
>>2927253
Thanks. Can she sleep with me on the bed or is there any risk of she shitting/pissing it?
>>
File: kit.jpg (634 KB, 1000x1326)
634 KB
634 KB JPG
Here's my kitty kot
>>
what do you think of cat? she's a bit of a hoe
>>
>>2926585
good cats
>>2927282
>>
File: 20181130_231037.jpg (2.94 MB, 4128x2322)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
here is my shitter
>>
File: cryptid.png (479 KB, 579x587)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>
>>2927185
All of my cats except for one are converted neighborhood strays. They make very fulfilling pets. Rescues and shelters are okay but nothing is more personal than taking an animal right off of the street and giving it a home.
>>
I still think about the time I found a kitten shivering in the snow in the back yard and my stepdad chased it away. I never saw that kitten again
>>
File: 1466908107706.jpg (25 KB, 400x386)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>adopt a ten year-old orange tabby because he's the friendliest cat at the shelter
>he purrs even when the vets shove things up his ass and steal his blood
>he's sitting next to me right and is purring nonstop while watching me play video games and shitpost

This guy is the best.
>>
File: IMAG1766.jpg (2.19 MB, 4000x3000)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
My dude is recovering very well from his surgery. Follow-up visit in two more weeks.
>>
File: kot.jpg (1.9 MB, 4000x3000)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
Hi
>>
File: ⟁.jpg (43 KB, 620x1024)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>2928166
sounds like a fucking based cat
>>
File: CmUSPacVIAA5Q-n.jpg (28 KB, 480x360)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
A cat will be in my home in about a week and I use essential oils. I use these oils at least a few times a day and diffuse a lot.

I have no interest of putting this cat into danger: how many hours/days should I cease use and diffusion before the cat arrives?
>>
>>2928489
>Blurred the number just enough so I couldn't call to say I found him.
>>
>>2927393
pretty girl
don't worry, all female cats are hoes. they're animals. it's what they do.
>>
I adopted a 3 months old kitten a week ago and it's had a small bump on its stomach which I assume was a scar/scab from the spaying. Not knowing when the operation took place, when should I start worrying if it doesn't go away?
>>
>>2928554
Now. As long as you obviously keep them away from the cat you can just switch to scented candles or thosd oil things that simply use a wick to put the scent in the air.
>>
>>2928778
You sure it's not just it's belly button (or what would be a bellybutton if tied cat's umbilical cord).
>>
>>2923713
Could be hyperthyroid, take her to the vet
>>
File: 20190126_203856.jpg (2.23 MB, 3264x2448)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
Need advice for getting my cat to use his litter box. I adopted him last week. His old owners gave him up because he stopped using the litter box. He's about ten, the vets couldn't find any health problems. Twice now he's taken a dump on the floor. He has two litter boxes spread throughout the apartment that are cleaned daily. His personality is extremely chill. He ALWAYS loves being pet, but he never leaves his spot unless you pick him up and move him. If I leave him on the couch before leaving for work, he'll be there when I get back. He does have a safe area that he runs to if he gets nervous or uncomfortable. His litter box is in his safe area but he still chose to take a huge shit on the floor two feet away from it.
>>
>>2929052
He's really pretty.
Has he also been using the litterbox to shit at leat once?
Also did the old owners tell you anything about the circumstances why he might stopped to shit on litter? A slight constipation or something that might have made him think
pooping + litter = pain?
For the meantime I would just put a third, empty litterbox or plastic plate on the place he chose and let some of his shit roll around in it to mark it as a toilet. If that works you could start to slowly add litter.

If he's shitting in the litterbox as well it might be marking. Since the reason he started could be an issue in his old home it could stop after a while. Anyway, making sure he has enough scratching posts to encourage marking the more hygienic way can't hurt.
>>
>>2929063

His old owners didnt say much except that he was distressed by their children and dogs, and his old litter box was well out of the way from where he would hide. I've seen him urinate in one so he knows what they are, and he had no problems at the shelter. But herr he just shits wherever he happens to be, even if the box was a few feet away. The first time was when he was running around the apartment freaking out on his second or third day, so I figured it was just nerves. Things are calm now but it took him a while to shit again because he wasnt eating much until I found a brand and flavor of food that he liked. I woke up this morning and found shit right outside the little cave tower thing he lives in. Otherwise he hasnt been scratching or urinating in odd places. He is extremely chill.
>>
okay guys, i fucked up.

i got really really drunk last night and thought it'd be a good idea to buzz my cats fur off with a hair clipper. long story short he now has half his fur clipped off and he is terrified of me. we used to be good buddies but now he runs when i try to approach him.

i tried giving him some of his favourite expensive food as an apology but he would only come out once i'd left the room.

i can't even remember the specific event but it was clearly very traumatic for my poor kot and my left arm is covered in scratches and bite marks.

how do i make my cat like me again /kot/?
>>
>>2927393
She looks like she fucks black cats.
>>
>>2929306

Quit drinking. You're hurting your loved ones.
>>
File: 20190119_162723.jpg (963 KB, 3264x2448)
963 KB
963 KB JPG
>>2929052
>>2929063
>>2929071

I did it! I just fed him, pulled the litter box over, and massaged his back until he was comfortable enough to crawl into the box and unload himself. Now he's meowing like a motherfucker but I have to go to work.
>>
Hey guys my kitty has some weird behavior. When I'm holding my phone he'll come up to it and try rubbing his gums on the corner of it. This is pretty different from his cheek rubbing, it's almost as if he's really trying to scratch his teeth or gums the way he gets it deep into his mouth. Should this be cause for some concern, like a tooth ache or something?
>>
File: IMG_20190126_202819.jpg (3.19 MB, 4608x2176)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
I adopted this cutie last week. She's 4 years old and loves belly rubs.
>>
File: 20181128_120922.jpg (3.98 MB, 5312x2988)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB JPG
>>2926045
Pic related, it's my bitch
>>
>>2929368
Mine does something similar. Idk if it's cause for concern, he never does it with anything else I think he just likes the way it feels.
>>
>>2926905
Try to milk it
>>
>>2929359
Congratulations, you two!
Maybe he's really a little constipated, is his shit hard? Either way, massages are never wrong.
>>
>>2929306
Shave half your hair. Cats are smart and will know what you've done. Also get rid of the clippers and stop being a nigger and getting drunk.

Best bet though is give the cat to a friend or family member who will actually love it and then kill yourself.
>>
File: 1546382033160.jpg (294 KB, 2560x1536)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
One of my maine coons has learnt how to open doors. His brother knows how to turn on taps and how to open the electric sun windows. The black domestic we have goes around opening all the cupboards. Everything has a latch on it.

We get them each a new toy every other week and keep circulating different ways of feeding them and they are always interacted with. Before these three boys I've only ever had female cats which were Retarded by comparison. Are male cats simply smarter and work in teams more than females? These boys are so smart and I'm worried we are only making them more intelligent.

I don't know how Retarded I should feel that I sometimes get outsmarted by a giant clumsy cat.
>>
>>2929757
I have a male cat and a female cat and the female cat opens the door for the male cat when he wants in or out, so I imagine their sex doesn't have too much to do with it.
>>
File: 20190128_183344.jpg (2.65 MB, 1466x2381)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB JPG
This is my kitty kot he is a good boy.
>>
>>2929751

His shit is pretty solid.
>>
am I a dickhead for waking my cat up to pet it? it looks so cute sprawled out on its back. does kitty mind?
>>
File: oliver.jpg (1.57 MB, 2592x1944)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
my youngest kot is super cuddly, he loves sitting with me while i'm on my laptop. he's a lovely baby boy
>>
I just put a harness on my 1 year old cat to get her used to it. She tried to put up a fight, but she's no match for me. I fed her a bunch of chicken when I got it on. Now she's acting like she's drunk af. How long should I leave it on?
>>
I'm trying to get rid of my cat's fleas, but the only medicine I have is in a big spray bottle and she hates it. Do you think it would work if I sprayed it on my hand and rubbed it on her?
>>
>>2929867
>big spray bottle
That doesn't sound like it belongs on the cat at all. Also be careful with neurotoxins, they work on mammals as well.
I recommend giving her something with lufenuron.
>>
>>2929875
It says it's for spraying on furniture, but it's also safe for use on animals. I can't afford anything else right now.
>>
>>2929850
/fa/ af
>>
>>2929822
He probibly won't hold any grudges over it, but I'm not sure he's a huge fan. I mean I wouldn't like getting woke up mid nap personally. My cats can wake up and go back to sleep as easy as breathing so if he enjoys the rubs I wouldn't sweat it at all. he likely won't be subtle if he's ever mad about it lol.
>>
>>2929880
Use fucking dawn dish soap you retard
>>
>>2929780
good boy. tortie tabbies are the best
>>
>>2922478
white one looks like steve buscemi. i mean that in a good way
>>
>>2929880
I used to use some decanoic and octanoic acid spray for furniture that was basically the same as the spot on of the same production company. But it had an lingering annoying smell and the cat was very unhappy because of that.
>>
>>2923883
boyfriend has one. very soft but you should brush as much as you can and may need to be shaved in summer. not sure if breed thing or if just a weirdo cat, but has mood swings where he shows signs of anger and happiness at the same time
>>
>>2924198
i have not tried butter but i started to put a little bit of olive oil in my cat's food to help a weird cough she had and her coat seems to have gotten softer too. go easy on the butter though, they can get chunky quick on dairy
>>
any tips for getting outdoor cat to poop in litter?
>>
File: wildblep.png (167 KB, 335x178)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
I need a cat tree. I'm getting a chunky boy from my coworker, and I've got almost everything except a tree. I need to purchase it on eBay or somewhere else where I can pay with PayPal. It doesn't have to be a big tree, but I'd like it to have a scratching thing (I've got a scratching thing already and want a 2nd) and not be too big. I don't have a lot of space.
>>
>>2930094
Put the cat in the room where the litter will be until he uses it.

He will then use it forever. Cats are fucking easy as shit to house break.
>>
>Neighboor comes and tells me my cat had been digging her garden and shitting on it
>Lock cat inhouse
>He eventually finds a new way out
>Whatever
>Neighboor comes to tell me it stoped for a couple nights but it's at it again
>I show her the cat and she confirms that's the one
>Says if I don't stop him she's gonna poison him

So... is there a way to teach him to stop being a douche or should I just lock the imbecile inside? I wanted him to roam free (and he already even made some cat friends) but I guess he's not fit for the outside world.
>>
>>2930160
I followed my cat around the neighbourhood for the first weeks and made sure she didn't dig and shit in any gardens. Just a firm "No!"and gently pushing her away. Playing and feeding her snacks on the places she tried to shit on also helps.
Make sure she has good other places to poop outside, like a patch of loose earth in some undergrowth. If there aren't a lot of places like that or too much cats you'll have to clean it of course.

The easiest way would be if you could convince her to only use her home litterbox but I haven't managed that.
>>
File: Kot.jpg (180 KB, 1024x768)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
Any tips on introducing a second cat? Pic is my cat.
>>
Hello anon here it was two months ago I posted about my cat baby who died of a injury and had to be put down at the age of 14. My cat Aisha today died of kidney failure due to the fact tumors were making it hard to do operations I dont like getting sappy but I loved them both and now they are gone. hold on to your cats, love them and give them snack and if you notice something is wrong with them act as soon as you can.

Rip Aisha age 15
>>
>>2930318
I'm sorry anon. If you're here, I know Aisha had a good life and you loved her. I lost 2 last year and it about broke me. I still haven't been able to bring myself to even think about adopting another one yet, but you will and I will and even though they'll never be the ones we lost we will love them just as much.
>>
File: 1545894067128-1.jpg (177 KB, 1280x960)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>2930364
Anon here again thank you for the kind words I will miss them. Here is something to brighten up the mood I smile every time lookin at this little shit
>>
>>2930407
That's adorable, and I like the "fuck yo wall, nigga" plumbing job there.
>>
accidentally shot my fucking cat. cannot believe it
>>
>>2930516
Should shoot yourself while you're at it
>>
>>2930516
I know an hunter that did the same
>this bunny looks kinda familiar and not really like a bunny at all
>whatever, let's kill it and find out
>oh
>>
>>2930094
I brought outdoor kittens inside and they were using the litter box within an hour. Put them near the box and they will use it. Make digging motions in the box yourself if you have to. They'll figure it out.
>>
File: 200.gif (1.61 MB, 327x200)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB GIF
>>2930516
>>
Someone asked my to watch their dog (a shiba) for a week or two, but I've got a cat.
She hasn't been around other animals, but she'll get pissed at the cats outside the windows.
Should I give it a shot?
>>
File: dumbass cat.gif (2.88 MB, 250x341)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB GIF
Does anyone have reccomendations for deterring a cat from trying to go into a room/through a door that they're not allowed to go through? My beloved dumbass cat is becoming increasingly interested in getting into the garage and I can't allow it. He gets right up against the doorway when I'm on the other side and tries to step into the garage as I'm coming into the house. He used to back off I hissed at him, but he's not responding to that anymore.
>>
>>2930160
Letting him outside is just asking for him to be killed. Let him continue roaming if you're fine with that.
>>
So 2 weeks passed by and my older cat started to tolerate the little kitten.
At first I was really worried because she didn't want to eat and was really evasive towards the kitten, so she was outside most of the time.
Now she is eating normally and spends alot of time inside again, but she doesn't want the kitten to stay close to her. Today the kitten approached her and ended up chasing her.
Why is she scared still, /kot/?
>>
>>2931024
My aunt's cat left the house because her husband brought a dog in. Be careful with that anon.
>>
>>2931223
Maybe not scared but annoyed. Sharing a room with a hyperactive kid can be hell. Make sure to play a lot with the kitten so it won't bother the other cat too much.
>>
cat hasnt pooped in 36 hours should i be worried?
>>
>>2931218
just pick him up and put him back inside

>>2931024
i think shibas are cool with cats but if you can, keep them in seperate rooms and only let them be together under supervision until you are absolutely sure they're friendly. if that doesn't work you might just have to keep them seperate.
>>
File: IMG_20181208_230113315.jpg (2.01 MB, 4096x3072)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>2931227
I had an older shepherd try and pull the eject handle because my wife's 4yo nephew stayed the weekend. Rando lone cyclist I talked to saw him and 360°d back to close to my house (I was still out widening search grid, he flagged me down). I radio'd ahead to waifu and she found him close to the last sighting. This absolute faggot was like 1.5mi from the house, didn't even have a collar, and had crossed a 5 lane US highway. Never done this before, dude just snapped one day because he REEEEEEED hard at an average 4yo's spastic mannerisms, running/falling.

Also I've now realized I have nothing but shitty H̻̤̞̘͖́e̛̻ ͅw̺̥͍͓̥h͚̳̱̺ͅͅo͇͙̞̳̮͉̥ ̺̹͎̘̣͕̙W̬͍͔̙̻͠a̢̭͈i͚̩t͍̳̹͕͎͈s̶͇̻̹ ͉̜B̙͎̝̗e̶̻̠͇̖hi̳̠̭̼̠̭n͉̯̰d̛̪̗ ̛͎͈͓͖ͅT͎̜̯̺̘h͎̠̱͙é̞̭̰͙͔̟͕ ̘͔W̗͖̦̕a̬̼̙̤͙͉̙͘ḽ̖̹ḻ̤̪̼ pictures of him on the new phone.
>>
File: 0731151154.jpg (929 KB, 2560x1920)
929 KB
929 KB JPG
>cat sits on lap while playan vidya
>>
File: 1011141923.jpg (371 KB, 1536x864)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>2931396
Same kot but with his brother
>>
>>2925497
You and the previous owner are fucking idiots for rewarding bad behaviour. Try going to the vet but it's a behaviour problem, not a medical problem. The vet probably can't do anything so your best bet is to go to a cat trainer (if those exist) and work with them to reverse that negative training that's been instilled.
>>
>>2931454
Nah it's not bad behavior. We took her to the vet and the vet said she's a good girl. I think she's a good girl too. Her personality is just a little spicy.
>>
Thinking of adopting this kitten. Is there a name for this colour pattern of tortoiseshells? I’ve never seen a tortie with such unique markings.
>>
>>2931300
Yes, constipation is an issue and can get dangerous. Give some oil, lactose milk and massages to help and go to the vet asap if it doesn't or cat stops eating.

>>2931397
>that plack paw
Hnng
>>
>cat jumps on lap while i'm fapping

what did he mean by this?
>>
Hello /an/, first time cat owner here. I have some questions.
1)Are cat really happy spending their whole life indoors? I thought I could get some type of harness when she's fully grown up, teach her to wear it and go with her on a sort of daily supervised journey into the outside; am I overcomplicating things? Is it better to let her remain blisssfully ingnorant of the outside?
2) Should i get another kitten while she's still young? I fear she may get lonely during the long hours we are away from home. I mean, she's alone at night, than someone feeds her and plays with her for like 15 minutes early in the morning, than they go to work/school and she's alone again until somebody comes back at about lunchtime or even late in the evening. I red all over the internet that it may be difficult to introduce another cat into the house when she's an adult and has been there on her own for years. So, do I get another kitten asap?
3)What temperature can cats tolerate? Summer is hell here and we don't have AC

I know I'm acting like a paranoid elicopter parent, but better safe than sorry
>>
>>2931630
1. Depends on the cat and how much time you spend with them, and what their opportunities are for stimulation are inside. I don't know what your living situation is to make any recommendations but people make window boxes or catios sometimes.
2. It's easier when they're young, that's true. Wether or not you need/want/can afford another cat is up to you. They will need their own space anyway, so cat furniture/shelves would be a good thing.
3. Dunno but make sure they have shade and fresh water. A (quiet) fan might be nice. Hopefully somebody else can answer this.
>>
>>2931630
3)cats can tolerate pretty warm temperatures. i have an outdoor/indoor cat and i could not keep him inside when it was 100 degrees outside. i just wiped him down with a moist cloth ever so often

i believe they decended from desert cats? someone can correct me. either way they are OK in heat
>>
>>2931630
The house is plenty big and there are spots for her to sit in front of a window and watch birds outside. We also have a scratching post, some cat toys and of course all the basic items required such as litter boxes, food bowls, cat beds, etc but no other "cat-friendly" furniture. I could get a cat castle, and maybe start growing some catnip and stuff toys with it. I don't think I can install a catio or a window box, but I can install perches close to some of the windows. Hopefully I can convince my parents to install some shelves around the house as well.

>>2931688
37-38C is about as hot as it gets where I live, but our garage stays cooler, at most 29-30C so I guess she can chill there

So far she seems happy, she's always playful, always purring and overall seems relaxed. She is a bit rough when playing but not enough to leave any kind of mark on my hands and arms so I think it's ok
>>
>>2931737
Ops, meant to answer >>2931687 , not myself
>>
>>2931626
It was trying to give you a little pussy.
>>
File: DSC00710.jpg (160 KB, 1600x1200)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
This is Pushok. He's cool most of the time but he goes completely nuts if you fetch him something like a check, candy wrapper or a tea bag, he immediately catches it, becomes very aggressive and growls like a maniac. Apparently he thinks that stuff is prey or something. With
If you keep those things out of his reach he's never aggressive and very cuddly.
>>
>>2931630
1. Most are if they get enough attention and mental stimulation. I wouldn't recommend a cat that has enjoyed being outside, though.
As soon as you offer them walks outside (or certain rooms like the basement to explore) they will most likely want to do it every day so that has to be considered.
Just start by making them used to a harness and decide later if you want to provide outdoor time.

2. Yes. Kittens make friends easily and are the ones that need cat buddies the most, like toddlers they get lonely quickly.
It's also better for the owners if you get indoor cats because as soon as they get a little older they'll want to play hours of fight and chase. Providing them with enough playtime at that age can be really stressfull, it's much easier getting two and be able to enjoy the show without taking part in it.

Since you can't really tell what character kittens will develop, I'd recommend a same sex pair because males usually like to fight a little rough and females could be annoyed by that.

3. Pretty high ones ecept maybe for breeds with long fur and/or short noses, they seem to have problems sometimes. If it gets to hot, they enjoy cooling down under damp towels or by laying on colder ground like tiles.

Paranoid helicoptering only shows you're interested in giving them a great life, makes you a good owner.

>>2931737
Growing some greens is perfect, it helps with digestion and some cats love chewing on them. Young wheatgrass workes fine, too.
You can also offer them a place to chill in direct sunlight and hear and smell the neighbourhood without a window box. Just secure a window with a cat-safe net.
>>
File: _20170803_221006.jpg (1.91 MB, 3341x4140)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
My 16 year old snuggly cat is probably going to have to be put down.
It looks like she's injured her spine and can't walk or stand up properly without her hind legs giving out.
She's getting a CT scan to see if she's got some kind of spinal lesion.

I don't want her to die.
>>
>>2923716
Make sure to chastise them every time they scratch the furniture, and keep multiple scratching posts throughout the living space so they have some kind of outlet (specialty cardboard scratchers are usually a favourite)
Give your cat some kind of furniture they can fuck up and sit in prime living spaces, like a little chair in the living room with a cotton seat.
Cat's aren't dumb, they'll eventually realise what's off limits.
>>
>>2931790
You are right. My cat loves to explore my dad's cluttered basement and wants to go there multiple times every day ever since she discovered it. For now I'll still keep her 100% indoors I think. I'll reconsider when she reaches full maturity (I'll just get her used to the harness like you suggested). Also, I'd love to get another cat but I still live with my parents and so does my cat so it's not completely up to me, hopefully i can convince them.

Giving her the best possible life is the least I could do seeing how much she helps me to stay sane. I've been pretty damn miserable for the last few years but made a lot of progress ever since I got her.

>>2931888
Sending love to you and every other anon in this thread who is about to loose/has just lost their feline friend. I don't even want to think about how painful it must be to have to make the decision to put your cat down...
>>
File: DSC_0503.jpg (1.8 MB, 1960x1470)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
>>2931908
Thanks. It's not fair how they can be perfectly fine and then something terrible happens, she was rolling around in the sun early this morning. I don't even know how she got hurt. Maybe someone kicked her.
>>
File: ripsimon.webm (1.74 MB, 1280x720)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB WEBM
This is your cat's brain on catnip.
Don't let this tragedy happen to your family.
Press F to pay respects
>>
>>2931484
I could be a two-in-one cat
http://messybeast.com/mosaicism6.htm
>>
File: IMG_20190201_100914_443.jpg (798 KB, 2160x2160)
798 KB
798 KB JPG
So a few weeks ago this guy knocked a bottle of vitamin d capsules off the counter. It wasnt a childproof cap so it opened and scattered everywhere. We found the floor covered with them and he was playing with the gels. Since i wasn't 100% he didn't eat any and since there was so way to tell we took him to the e vet after calling animal poison control. As it turns out he very likely ate none as his blood came back clean and he had no weird symptoms. $600 for peace of mind fee / don't leave that shit out surcharge. Although all said and done im glad i paid and nothing was wrong rather than pay and have him suffer, obviously
>>
>>2932689
Some places seem to have really high vet prices for everything.
I payed below 200 € for an e vet at a fancy clinic that included pain meds, antibiotics, x-rays and half an hour of examination.

That said I went to the vet in the first place because my cat was crying in a weird and dramatic way she never did before and limping a little bit. It turned out she had a barely noticable infected tiny wound and was justvery whiney. So I totally overreacted but it was worth the piece of mind.
>>
>>2932709
Thats really good. All said it was 300 for the visit, exam and blood test. Then 3 days of follow up (blood test at primary vet) at 100 each. Then the poison consult was actually 65.
>>
File: 1548872575731.jpg (150 KB, 1108x1478)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>2932709
And yeah the overreaction is just fight or flight adrenaline when i saw all those pills on thr ground and looked up if vit d was lethal i just said we are going to the vet. My partner basically said from the get fo, he doesn't eat weird shit (he licks plastic bags though) and he is probably fine but when i thought about our kot getting sick and dying from fuckin vitamin d pills I just made the split decision to go
>>
>>2926768
>unnecessary surgery
did anyone get their cat circumcized?
>>
Here is my family of cats, Luna top left, Floof top right, Dilly bottom right and haven't came up with a name for the dude bottom left, all back but has white balls
>>
>>2932718
>fight or flight adrenaline
Pretty much, I never thought I would but I panicked. Expecially since people use to say cats don't show pain until it's really bad.

After that it's even harder to imagine seeing your pet suffering and shitting blood for days before you make shitpost here asking for advice what you could do.
>>
>>2932770
>all back but has white balls
there has to be some clever shit to find there
>>
>>2932803
I will try to get a pic when I get home in 2 hours
>>
my girlfriend and I are breaking up so she is moving out of the apartment and taking her cat with her. I love that little asshole and I am going to be slightly sad after living with the cat for a few years.

I am thinking about getting a cat of my own in the summer but I don't know if I should as I am out of the house around 9 hours a day and I am afraid the cat will feel a bit lonely and depressed as I will be at work 9 hours and sleeping for 7 hours so thats 16 hours a day the cat wont be near me. ( I never let my ex's cat sleep in our bedroom as I dont wantt o be waken up randomly through the night)

What do?
>>
>>2932833
Get 2 cats so they are never alone
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (236 KB, 894x1068)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
he can be a bit judgemental at times
>>
>>2932835
how does that work with litter boxes or food and stuff? I only have lived with the one cat for two years.

would I keep two litter boxes on opposite ends of the apartment? it's about ~800 square feet.
>>
>>2932840
I have 2 side by side for my 4 cats, they all share, same with food and water, I use an automatic water dispenser
>>
>>2932842
they don't mind sharing a litter box? thank you for asnwering my questions by the way I appreciate it. if I want to get two cats I dont suppose I could just adopt two randoms from a shelter thhough, should they be from the same litter?
>>
>>2932843
Ask for bonded pairs
>>
>>2932843
Do this >>2932851
There are shelters, rescues or private owners that have cats that are already best of friends and they're searching for people that would adopt both since they'd rather not have to seperate them.
>>
File: 1.jpg (450 KB, 1007x1747)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
I think my cat is broken
>>
Raccoons are being tested in my area and so far 3 were found to have rabies. wew, don't let your kots get into fights outside
>>
>>2933008
Or just make sure you vaccinate your cat yearly.
>>
>>2932987
It's a bug, update your cat to v1.1
>>
>>2928166
reverse Garfield where he's always positive
>>
>>2932987
>kitten balls
>>
In cat we trust
>>
>>2928166
BASED
>>
>>2932612
>http://messybeast.com/mosaicism6.htm

Very possible! She has the same stripes down her spine like one of the example cats. I have a meet-and-greet with her next week so if that goes well I'll post more photos of her
>>
File: 20190128_153311.jpg (2.38 MB, 3264x2448)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
The cat is happy in his new home.
>>
File: 20190129_065201.jpg (1.7 MB, 3264x2448)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>2933325

I posted him here a few times already.
>>
not going to explain the details but basically i need my cat to be clinically obese within the next 5 months. what can i do to entice him into eating the copious amounts of food needed?
>>
>>2922478
his eyes are very pretty
>>
He likes the spaghet
>>
File: cagedkot.png (595 KB, 720x879)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
>>2933699
GIB SPAGHET
>>
File: IMG_20190115_172758~2.jpg (2.66 MB, 2047x1871)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>2933699
Bruddah, can I get sum mac?
>>
File: 1547341778477.jpg (139 KB, 1242x1242)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
I just broke off a relationship and want to get a house cat so badly. Issue: I travel a lot for work. I think grown cats are ok with this, but how long do I need to take care of a kitten until he's old enough to take care by himself/not grow up weird and anti social because I'm gone?
>>
File: Sophie.jpg (249 KB, 1200x800)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
This is Sophie, she's my little old lady. Recently she got diagnosed with renal kidney failure. No idea how early or late we caught it, but the doc has her on two different pills, and a liquid antibio for a small infection he also found. She's 12 and getting super pissed about having to take her meds. She's hardly eaten on her own so we've had to start feeding her with a syringe, a special diet she hates too. She's not weak by any means, and she's a lot better than she was a few weeks ago, but she doesn't groom herself nor uses her scratching post and toys as much as she use to. We think she's pretty stressed/depressed about things. Understandably so. We know we're just slowing and treating her condition, and we don't know how long she'll be around, so how the fuck do I make her more comfortable while still ensuring she eats and takes her pills?
>>
>>2933735
We adopted an older cat for this reason, if you're concerned about the cat's social life, maybe adopt siblings.
>>
>>2924624
this spring will mark three years since he's been gone but my tortie pal would immediately roll over into his position any time I came up to my room and found him on my bed, it was the cutest thing he'd do and he seemed to be 100% aware of how happy it made me when he'd do it. our younger cat picked up this habit from him as well but doesn't do it as often, but when she does it's just as cute.
>>
File: 20190203_191620.jpg (1.68 MB, 2159x2026)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>2931888
CT results came back, turns out she injured her spinal cord and partially went paralyzed, but she'll make a full recovery when the swelling goes down and takes the pressure off.
>>
>>2933870
That's amazing. I'm very happy for you, anon.
>>
Is cat shit literally toxic? Tried to bag a fresh cat shit off a box this morning I thought I was gonna die.
>>
File: 1514104468476.jpg (58 KB, 597x597)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>had dream where I just relived my late sick cat's last few weeks
Get fucked, stupid brain
>>
File: kjhjkh.png (167 KB, 349x348)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>2934034
Dude, my last cat routinely shows up in my dreams and demands me to feed her.
>>
YOU COULD HAVE WARNED ME MY UNNEUTERED MALE CAT WOULD PISS EVERYWHERE BROS

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>2934056
You deserve it for being so dumb. Fix your pets. You'll both be happier for it.
>>
>>2934056
Literally everybody knows this, dipshit
>>
My mom gave our cat advantage and then a few days later gave her frontline. Both are topical
Is she going to be ok?
>>
>>2934071
it might explode. i'd be careful around it if i were you
>>
>>2922379
My new housemate has two cats and one of them is obsessed with me
It follows me around everywhere meowing endlessly
Tries to get into my room when I enter or leave it
And has stood at my door meowing and banging on it
>>
>>2934098
and?
>>
>>2932510
>>
File: Izzy.jpg (209 KB, 1587x1190)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>2922406
>>
>>2933407
That sounds like abuse. Don't sacrifice the health of your cat for some petty personal bs.
>>
>>2923688
fuk'n saved
>>
File: 000.png (456 KB, 472x652)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
owned by my parents since he was a stray kitten, 2 years old now.

the most attention hungry cat i have seen. always needs to be touching/on-top of someone, or playing. otherwise he follows you around and watches/scents you.

only time you can get away from him is when he is sleeping on you and you can move him off you. he is a very heavy sleeper.

he is super cute but he must have some personality/neurological disorder. he will knead a blanket for 30+ minutes if you let him.
>>
File: 001.png (2.08 MB, 1548x824)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB PNG
>>2934307
sometimes i move his body in funny shapes when he sleeps
>>
File: 002.png (224 KB, 392x435)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>2934310
natural habitat
>>
File: 003.png (549 KB, 923x588)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
>>2934312
he will sleep anywhere
>>
>>2934307
Consider yourself lucky. Post more pics, I'm lonely. ;______;
>>
Do cat fountains really work? Will they really encourage cats to drink more or is it just a meme?
>>
>>2934510
Depends on the cat. A majority of cats prefer to drink running water, but you’ll occasionally get one that’s is terrified of water sounds and won’t go near it.
>>
File: 20190202_170548.jpg (3.4 MB, 4032x3024)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB JPG
why does he do this it fucks up his fur and gets it all matted and he refuses to clean himself
>>
File: cat.png (623 KB, 720x441)
623 KB
623 KB PNG
>>2934510
I'm trowing mine away. Did not work for my cat
>>
>>2934543
Utterly comfy
>>
File: IMG_20190129_162341.jpg (3.78 MB, 3024x3024)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB JPG
I think my cat has herpes. I'm going to take her to the vet because she's sneezing and has eye discharge, but what can I do generally to manage it?
>>
just a reminder that ginger cats are best and should be revered as gods
>>
>>2933974
Me too, it's like a miracle.
I'm so relieved.
>>
>>2932843
Mine are all strays that found me
>>
>>2932987
Needs a firmware update
>>
>>2926921
oh my god...
>>
>>>/k/40488314
>>
>>2923338
Rowland is a good kot name though
>>
cats a shit
>>
I have three cats, a mother and daughter pair and a separate, unrelated cat. The mother is about 4 and the other two are both about 1 year and three months. The unrelated cat is very timid and cautious, and the daughter was the only kitten in her litter so she has zero social skills, so she is frequently encroaching on the unrelated cat and getting on her nerves. On the whole they get along, but there's a decidedly higher stress level between the two of them just because the daughter wants to play and the unrelated cat wants to be left alone. It isn't to the point where I don't want to leave them alone together, they never actually get in fights, there's just some hissing and occasional chases.

My question is, what are the chances that the two of them will grow out of this when they're both around 2 or so and have less energy? So far I've chalked this behavior up to being young adults with a lot of energy, and I'd rather not get rid of any of them if I don't have to, but I also don't want them to be stressed constantly.

I should note that the unrelated cat is fine with the mother cat, they hardly ever bother each other.
>>
>>2928166
Post a picture nigger
>>
>>2930094
just put it into it
>>
>>2934418
Sorry anon, I'll post more pics when I'm home next time
>>
>>2934510
Works for my cats (3), they love that thing. Often they'll walk past a bowl of fresh milk for it.
>>
>>2929368
That's just affectionate, vigorous cheek-rubbing, some kots get very excited about a chance to be close.
My cat does the same thing to the corner of my laptop and against my glasses.
>>
>>2934713
In my experience cats that have standoffs all the time don't become friends, they just learn to work with each other to stay out of each others way for the most part (but they never grow out of the hostile phase).
Maybe some other anons know some tricks to socialise the cats a little.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.33 MB, 2592x1936)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
Here's a picture of our libtard, her name is Persephone and we got her two months ago.

Everyone loves her and she's the best cat ever
>>
File: muh cat in window.jpg (372 KB, 1087x2048)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>2922379
Is there any way to make my cat more sociable and playful? As a kitten he was very loving of affection (he's about three now), but now he doesn't really seem to want to interact with humans other than for food. I've tried all different types of toys but he doesn't seem interested, any suggestions?
>>
File: 9QraAWee-19666216.jpg (741 KB, 2560x1440)
741 KB
741 KB JPG
What should I name him?
>>
>>2935054
Nigger-man.
>>
>>2935056
He is more well behaved than niggers tho.
That would just be disingenous.
>>
new thread
>>2935061
>>2935061
>>2935061
>>
My girl. My sister swears shes full on Maine Coon but her face makes me think maybe Domestic Long Hair with some Maine Coon mixed in.
>>
File: FELIWAY-Diffuser.png (23 KB, 285x285)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>2935039
Try this, works surprisingly well
>>
File: 2.jpg (478 KB, 1960x2600)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
>>2933021
>>2934670
I did and he's been stuck like this for days.
>>
>>2935478
Kek
>>
File: 1233432325543.jpg (69 KB, 714x960)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2922379
>>
>>2923716
Same
My cats pretty based

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.