[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: images(4).jpg (6 KB, 289x174)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
I just want help to choose for my further animal... dog or cat ?
>>
>>2915525
A dog will actually love you AND be useful to have around as long as it's not a small breed in which case you might as well get a cat.
>>
File: absolute.jpg (40 KB, 552x423)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2915589
>only big dogs good
>>
File: 06092018403.jpg (1.42 MB, 2592x1456)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>2915525
I never imagined myself to become a dog person. I never wanted a dog. But I got one and now I can't imagine myself without her. dog is love. dog is life.
>>
File: 1547214050218.jpg (83 KB, 465x742)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>2915525
Get a dog if you want a baby that you have to take care of 24/7, if you want your whole life to hover around your animal, if you want to get up at night and early in the morning for walkies, that you have to monitor every few hours to know if it needs to take a piss or shit before it does it in your flat, that you cant leave alone for more than 5 hours before it destroys your furniture, that might aswell bite your children to death because it just feels like it, then that's the perfect pet for you.

Get a cat if you want an animal that you only need to give food and water and a place to shit, that you can let outside minding his own business living his own life while accompaning you from time to time and showing you affection when you actually fulfill all his needs.
>>
>>2915601
get a cat if you want to be a creepy autistic loser like this anon
>>
>>2915605
notice how most of the low iq dog owners are violent psychopaths, must be why they are enjoying an enslaved animal that will get incinerated if it misbehaves..
>>
File: projecting.jpg (18 KB, 852x480)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>2915609
>>
>>2915610
>No U

Nice rebuttal, i can smell your low iq through the screen.
>>
>>2915597
No, medium dogs are quite good as well.
>>
>>2915613
>arguing with retards on the internet is a sign of exceptionally high iq
>>
>>2915525
I have both, so I have not to choose.

Dogs are great, always in a good mood and very affective. But they need more attention and they shit and piss everything.

Cats are like women, sometimes they need attention, sometimes don't, and they got crazy when are horny. In general they are very independent and clean.

But like people, everyone is different, depending on the race and personality.
>>
>>2915597
>he loves useless dogs like him
Yikes. 50 years ago literally every functional dog was a big dog
>>
>>2915722
Your argument is wrong and retarded
Stop posting
>>
>>2915732
>r-retard! s-stop posting p- please ;_;
I accept your concession, pet. Cope
>>
>>2915736
Seems you're the coping with the fact you need a big stronk 1970s working dog to compensate for something
>>
>>2915739
>compensate
>supports useless dogs
nice projection, but try again.
>>
What is "supporting useless dogs"?
You don't even know if I have a dog
Im just pointing out how stupid you come across
>>
>>2915751
>Im just pointing out how stupid you come across
I accept your concession, animal. Cope
>>
>>2915525
Cats are nice if you don't have time or you're too lazy to keep a dog since they're more aloof and independent and don't require housebreaking or other training, and they can also get rid of pests like rats or pigeons if you live in a house but if you let it wander around it might also start killing the local wildlife
Dogs show you more affection and are generally more energetic but they require more discipline and need to be exercised regularly to avoid obesity and get rid of their excess energy so they don't become destructive
>>
>>2915756
Whatever helps you sleep at night, little guy.
>>
>>2915758
to add to that keep in mind that the bigger the dog, the shorter the lifespan, i knew a neighbors cat that lived to age 20 while some other neighbors shepards died at 7 and 8.
>>
dogs are significantly more responsibility than people seem to imagine.

they want to wallk. they shit outside. they don't clean themselves. they want to play...

if you do not invest in a dog it will end up a miserable, living piece of furniture.

cats take care of themselves. they love you if you make it worthwhile. they're dope.

cats >>> dogs unless you know you're a dog person
>>
Small dogs are the best watch dogs and great at catching/killing smaller pests like rats. A big dog that isn't worked is just as "useless" as a small dog that isn't worked.

Both are good OP, I'd start off with a cat though since they're generally more independent than dogs.
>>
>>2915525
Get both.
>>
>>2915525
Both.
>>
>>2915722
Do you mean, like most terriers, dachshunds, Italian greyhounds and such?
>>
>>2915746
If you own a dog and it's not actively working, then by default it's useless, it doesn't matter what size it is.
>>
>>2915613
Huh?
>>
>>2915525
cats a very low maintenance but will also treat you like a stranger who happens to feed them and never let them outside because they are a genuine menace to the bird population and might rape female stray cats causing even more stray cats
I wouldn't say dogs are high maintenance but they are very social and will treat you like a god if you raise them right. It also depends on the breed because many breeds will act different from others, but under no circumstance should you ever get a pitbull
>>
Cats because they are a lot quieter and cleaner. Dogs are loud when they walk. Loud when they eat. Loud when they play. They stink, always. Shed even more hair than a cat.

Not that cats never make these transgressions; they do. It's just less often.

I also find cats just more aesthetically pleasing with their softer fur, their purring, and the way they rub their body against you when you pet them. Dogs are more like rigid hunks of flesh that sometimes have soft fur.
>>
>>2919486
>will treat you like a god

Dog owners are all such narcissists.
>>
They're both wildly different animals with wildly different needs. If you have to ask 4chan for help on deciding then my answer is for you to get a pet rock.
>>
>>2915711
This right here is literally the cause of all psychopathic beta male cat hatred. Men think cat = woman and they go full retard over it. They also get overcompensating dogs like pitbulls and rotties and dobermans who they can never train properly because of the aforementioned beta status.

Big brain males prefer cats and small dogs.
>>
>>2919539
the irony of this post
>>
>>2919551
>Big brain males prefer cats a small dogs
i think you mean low t. change my mind
>>
File: cat vs dog 10.000 years.png (979 KB, 1014x640)
979 KB
979 KB PNG
>>
>>2915525
Unless you live with multiple people who also want a dog, I'd say cat.

I have both animals, but when I'm on my own I would never get a dog. Dogs require a *lot* of attention both emotionally and in terms of care (bathing is a big one) and they'll be sad themselves if their 'pack' is just one person.

If you live alone for sure get a cat. If you have roomies who all would want a pet them decide based on how much work you can all put into the pet as a group.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.