[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Tonkinese-cat.jpg (65 KB, 1024x768)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
This is the Cat general. Discussion of domestic and wild felines belongs here.

Join the cat conversation at #mammal
https://discord.gg/3xGbBG2

Old thread: >>2894657

Food & Nutrition
>http://catinfo.org/docs/Feeding%20Your%20Cat%20-%204%20pages%2011-13.pdf
>http://consciouscat.net/2012/03/22/the-best-food-for-your-cat/

Outside Enrichment
>https://catiospaces.com/
>http://www.adventurecats.org/backcountry-basics/train-your-cat-to-walk-on-a-leash/
Behavioral problems
>https://thecatsite.com/threads/inappropriate-peeing-problems-answered.9563/
>http://www.catvets.com/public/PDFs/PracticeGuidelines/FelineBehaviorGLS.pdf

Kitten care
>http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2137&aid=912
>>
First for cats.
>>
File: 20180320_164749 copy.jpg (1.79 MB, 4032x3024)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
Meow
>>
Are there any kinds of offal/organ meat cats won’t eat? Which ones benefit them the most?
>>
File: 155631.png (1.57 MB, 1280x852)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>2910571
>>
I LOVE SIAMESE CATS
>>
Just adopted my cat last week and 2 days after he’s gotten really sick. Still eats and drinks fine but super sniffly and sneezes constantly. Vet said to wait it out and it’s probably from the new environment. I hope he feels better soon bros
>>
File: 20181219_203037.jpg (3.9 MB, 5312x2988)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB JPG
This is my little child. She discovered how good it is to sleep in my swing.
>>
>>2910571
Get that fucking link off of this board
>>
>>2910745
i hope he gets better soon. keep a close eye on him.
>>
I always get along with neighbours’ cats but never friends’ or family members’ cats. Can you relate?
>>
>>2910800
Thank you. I’m just thankful he’s eating and drinking fine. Never had an animal before so kinda freaked out when he started getting sick
>>
>>2910571
This is Beaker. She is cat.
>>
>>2910590
>tfw I'm getting a sphynx next month
I've wanted one for years and I can't wait
>>
File: FB_IMG_1546124990844.jpg (86 KB, 720x960)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>2910571
Cats like boxes.
>>
>>2910850
>ordering from Amazon going horribly wrong (or prehaps right)
>>
>>2910838

>"You don't say??"
>>
File: IMG_20181216_140940.jpg (2.9 MB, 3024x3024)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB JPG
>>2910745
Mine's been like that on and off for 6 weeks now. She's seen two different vets and neither was concerned.
>>
>>2910840
They are amazing. His name is Walter, and he act like cat-dog. He's super affectionate and loves to play fetch. There is no shedding, and they don't need too many baths once they are like 1.5 years. He only needs one per month but still need ears and nails done every two weeks. They are not as high maintenance as people make them out to be. They do have a voracious appetite though. He hates dry cat food but eats it under protest. We like to give him pieces of meat from our meals but not too much. During winter he's always by the fire, but the rest of the year I can't get him out of my lap.
>>
>>2910916
>>2910840
Also how much are you paying? My breeder sells them for $1800 but got mine for $1200 since he was already 4 months old.
>>
>>2910571
Hi cat thread. I want to adopt a cat soon and I've been reading all kinds of things so I can take the best care of it. I don't know if I'm going to adopt a kitten or an adult cat, but on the chance I adopt a young cat, I was wondering do I need to take precautions with power cables and such? Will a kitten try to chew on them? I have a job obviously so I'm not home for some hours a few days a week and want to make sure a new kitty is safe.
>>
File: cats.png (535 KB, 577x400)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
Here is a picture of my cats.
Say something nice about the white one.
>>
>have a persian/ragdoll mix
>hates being brushed on the stomach, legs and near the ass
>starting to get matted fur
>goes absolutely ham whenever I try and brush him there, even though I try to trick him with treats

wat do bros

Take him to the vet and give him a trim?
>>
>>2910731
I have one, he's a dumb tubby retard who causes me nothing but trouble. Love him anyway
>>
what do I need to know about finding an exotic shorthair breeder
>>
>>2911187
Looks friendly
>>
>>2910918
I'm paying just under £1000 for mine
>>
Hey /kot/. I don't usually browse /an/ but my cat's been acting strange recently and so I come to you with questions.

The strange behavior in question is he's been acting like something is wrong with his mouth. Yesterday I caught him opening it and pawing at it like he's trying to get something unstuck, but only for a few seconds before stopping. He also hasn't been shaking his head as much as he usually does. I'm thinking maybe his teeth hurt or he got something stuck in there?

That being said, I'm curious how much you all are willing to pay for treatment of a pet? I don't have any kind of insurance and usually just visit the vet once a year but the behavior stated above is worrisome and I've been wondering how much I'd be willing to pay for my furry buddy. He's around 9 so not quite in his end definitely up there. I do care for him, but part of me can't help but think it would be cheaper to just get another cat instead since there'll always be older cats up for adoption (he was one himself).
>>
>>2910584
Hi discord friend.
>>
>>2911369
We once paid like 800€ for a treatment.
>>
Is it fine to feed my cat only raw chicken breast?
>>
>>2911166
I think it depends on the cat.
That being said, younger cats require a lot of attention and effort -at least compared to older ones. If I were you, I would suggest an older cat now and potentially a younger one later so it has a friend. Usually an age difference helps them get along, or so I hear
>>
>>2911187
I always like seeing your cats. The white one looks like a premium cuddle buddy. Is there any reason in particular you always ask for nice things for the white one? It makes me think everyone favors your other cat.
>>
I'd love to get a cat in the future but I have bad allergic reactions to them. Is it true that hypoallergenic cats help?

I've heard of about 6 in total that are hypoallergenic and wouldn't mind any of them.
>>
A friend of mine asked me to adopt her two kittens which are both a couple months old from the same litter. I had a cat growing up so I’m not totally new to them. Currently living alone in an apartment. I’m a little on the fence about having two cats all of a sudden. Can anyone give advice about what kind of things I should consider regarding this decision?
>>
>>2911653
I would argue that two cats are better than one if you live alone, they can entertain each other when you are not around. However space might be an issue in your apartment I don't know.
>>
An acquaintance of mine will bring her male cat to live at my place temporarily but I already own an older male cat. Both are neutered but equipped with sharp claws. What are some things I can do for them to get along for the meantime? Anything to ensure my pussy of a cat stays the owner of the place?
>>
>>2911663
clip both cats' claws
give them enough room to each find their own space
have multiple cat boxes in the house to discourage marking of your carpets / pillows / furniture
>>
>>2910571
Fugg, wife finally bought herself a rescue cat. Doesn't even a tail, it's some manx bullshit. Apparently dealing with the dog shedding wasn't enough, now there's double the fur to deal with.

Robot animals when.
>>
These are our 3 cats.

The two on top are 3 and the one in the hole was 7 months (now 8).

They are great, but the gray boy still hasn’t figured out his position, he plays/fights with the small girl in the middle for the 2nd seat and already acknowledges the big boy as the dominant.

All are spayed/neutered, and they are the best
>>
>>2911740
>having a d*g
kill it, her and urself retard
>>
>>2911779
They look like a group of siblings who go on wacky household adventures.
>>
Hey /kot/
I've had my cats for almost a year now, one is a super skiddish sweetheart who loves to talk back to people who talk to her and sometimes will kneed on people.
my younger cat is a bit of a trouble maker, he loves attention from me and it seems like im his person. but he really bullies my old parents. He always scratches people and get really rough when playing. He likes to harass my old folks to get what he wants like treats and such, is there anything I can do to correct his behavior? I try to tell my folks not to give him treats if he is being bad but they don't listen to me
>>
>>2911889
Seems you have to teach your folks rather than your cat.
>>
I love my guy so much. I'm a first time cat owner and he's cuddly but fierce. Now I am thinking of getting him a companion.
>>
>>2911187
They appear to be nice cats
>>
How much do cats care about their children? If I sell one of their kittens will they sit around wondering what happened to it?
>>
File: IMG_20181231_171833.jpg (3.23 MB, 4608x3456)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
Mein katto
>>
>>2911943
When I have taken in litters of street kittens their mother has gone looking for them, calling out and searching the block. That lasts for about three days, then mom seems to be over it. You don't have to worry about your girl moping around for very long, especially if there are still other kittens in the house.
>>
>>2911948
So they just forget their children?
>>
File: IMG_0571.jpg (2.95 MB, 3264x2448)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
My cat's having some trouble with chronic bad breath, to the point he smells amazingly awful after he grooms himself. I'm taking him tomorrow for a checkup to make sure he doesn't have anything greatly wrong, but I also got some toothpaste for cats to help keep his mouth a little cleaner. He's still eating quite a bit, so it's not like his mouth is really hurting him, so that's a good sign.

Does anyone else have to clean their cat's teeth periodically? What are some tips for getting them to let you do it? I've read just dab some enzymatic paste on your finger and go around your cat's mouth with it since it should break down bacteria, but is there something else I should do to help make it easier for them?

I have several cats, this one showed up last year as a stray and didn't have any trouble when I got him, so I think it's something he's developed in the last month or so.
>>
>>2911404
I have a cat that won't eat anything but lunchmeat and it hasn't really hurt them (Though I think the growth hormones in the stuff has a far more pronounced effect on small things, she's really muscly. Can't be that great for humans, either.), I wouldn't feed them raw chicken though because of the bacteria in it. It needs to be cooked to sterilize it.
>>
>>2911913
they're boomers in their 60s
that'll probably be hard
>>
>>2910745
Cats do get colds; it could be that. It's happened to mine twice (also accompanied by positively rancid farts). Make sure your buddy is getting enough hydration (feed some wet food if you don't usually) and watch out for him. If his appetite is okay, he's not short of breath, and he's acting normal otherwise then he should be fine in a week or two.

Hope he recovers quickly and you two have a long and happy new life ahead of you.
>>
>>2911998
Get a toothpaste your cat really likes. It might take some searching but you'll know when you have a winner (my cat will try and grab the toothbrush from my finger as soon as the paste is on it and try to lick it all off). They come in all kinds of flavors so you can try one that tastes like a food your cat enjoys. I use Vetoquinol Care Enzadent's poultry flavor.
>>
File: IMAG1110.jpg (1.89 MB, 4000x3000)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>2911934
That's love. I wish you every happiness.
>>
File: IMG_20181222_092718.jpg (2.73 MB, 3968x2240)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
Hey guise!
Me and my GF have a 5 year old male sphynx (sterile) cat since he's young. He's a good boy all day every day.
Recently (about 6 months ago) we adopted a 1 year old female sphynx. They can get along quite well I think, they play with each other etc as cars would.
But there's a problem with this little bitch, that she is having a bloody diarrhea since we brought her home, and most of the times she wouldn't use the litter, and makes mess above furniture. She always peeing in the litter box, and when it's fresh she would dump in it too. We have two litter boxes in two different rooms, but the male cat would always use both of them and the female wouldn't use it after it's dirty.
Before anyone attacks, we went to one of the best vets around here and they give us all kind of drugs and food for a lot of money but nothing changed.
Any suggestions welcome.
>>
File: munchkin.jpg (742 KB, 3555x3031)
742 KB
742 KB JPG
What does /kot/ think of munchkins?
>>
>>2912338
They're cute but I don't think it's good for a cat to have such short legs. Not that they're unhealthy, it's just cruel to breed them on purpose. It's like having a pet midget: they don't really get pain from being like they are but you're limiting them in what they normaly should be able to do.
>>
>>2910663
Cute fuzzy cat
>>2910745
Cute, hope he gets better
>>2910770
Cute comfy cat
>>2910838
Cute dumb cat
>>2910912
Cute and fuzzy, hope she gets better
>>2911187
Cute comfy cats
>>2911779
Cute climber cats
>>2911934
Cute sleepy cat
>>2911945
Cute comfy cat
>>2911998
Cute stinky cat, hope he brushes his teeth better
>>2912069
Cute flopped cat
>>2912338
Cute but what >>2912345 said
>>
>>2911166
I would second other anon in getting an older cat if you're busy with your job. My cat was adopted at 6 and he's very well behaved on top of being affectionate. On the other hand I have a friend who got a kitten but was barely around to care for them so it's always acting up and never listens.

>>2911209
Either keep trying to associate your grooming with treats/pets or let the vet/groomer do it for you, I don't really see an alternative.

>>2911998
I'm >>2911369 and after going to the vet today, it seems my cat's molars are pretty fucked and need to be removed even though it's some of his last teeth. The vet reassured me indoor cats don't even chew their food though so he should be fine. He also has somewhat bad breath so the bacteria on the teeth might be what's causing it. The toothpaste idea is definitely worth trying, better than having to do a costly dentistry like me on the long term.
>>
What's to be done about a cat with bloody rear hocks? I don't feel like going to the vet to pay them to wrap it.
>>
File: kjps32-12.2.jpg (166 KB, 1000x1000)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>2912381
Do you have a river in your area?
>>
File: 1353074991064.jpg (38 KB, 700x522)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Do my cats have separation anxiety or are they just devious shits?

Every once in a while they fuck up everything I have on the counter or dig where the carpet meets the wall. But they never do this when I'm at home
>>
>>2912460
I've thrown too much money at this cat to throw him out. Even if he is making my pillow case look like a tampon.
>>
>>2911555
The white kitty is the good kitty
The nigger kitty is a big dumb idiot
>>
File: IMG_20190108_013729_673.jpg (287 KB, 1560x1685)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
A photo of my lovely old lady for her 14th birthday
>>
>>2912520
Soft girl is soft.
>>
my boy
he talks a lot
he scratches at my bedroom door and gives sad meows until i let him in, and when i open the door he quickly runs into my room with an excited "mow!"
he gives little "mrrs" when he jumps
he says a short "maow" when you touch him unexpectedly
he snores
his purrs are loud and deep
i love my boy
>>
>>2912483
>putting any money into a cat
People have trouble giving cats away. They're not exactly irreplaceable.
>>
>>2912723
That's a good boy
>>
File: 20190108_044319.jpg (3.86 MB, 2660x3026)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB JPG
guys please help my cat is dying im taking her to the er in the morning but i can't stand to see her go she's only 4 years old but the love of my life
>>
I asked in the last thread but want a few more opinions.
Would a cat do well as an emotional support animal for an autistic kid? He's not violent, but he's generally loud and talkative, sometimes has loud outbursts, and can be clumsy. That said I heard he befriended an outdoor cat that lived in his neighborhood before and he was always nice to it.
I know dogs are the more stereotypical animal for autistic kids but he doesn't like dogs.
>>
>>2910916
>they don't need too many baths once they are like 1.5 years. He only needs one per month but still need ears and nails done every two weeks. They are not as high maintenance as people make them out to be.
Well, it is higher maintainance compared to a little brushing every now and then. Most maintainence time goes to playing and entertaining in any cat breed though, so that extra hour a month shouldn't make a big difference.
Also, bathing/scincare and ears I get because of the missing hair but why do you have to do their nails?

>>2911166
If 'some hours' are like half a day I'd recommend two young cats that are already friends or an old cat.
The power cable obsession usually occurs if playing with them causes human attention or there aren't similar things to play with.

>>2911404
No, that'll cause deficiencies. Better add supplements.
>>
File: Little Lion Man.jpg (113 KB, 1152x864)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>2910571
Advice on a brush type for my black lion? We have one with a ton of plastic bristles he likes being brushed with but it does nothing to stop knots.
>>
>>2912764
If you live with a pet long enough you get attached y'know? It's not a cat, it's your cat.

>>2912787
I'm so sorry anon.

>>2912790
I think it could work out but depends on the cat. You'd have to find a friendly and social one. Also might not be a good idea if the kid has violent tendencies since cats are more fragile than dogs, and probably more prone to defend themselves too.
>>
File: Cat1.jpg (347 KB, 1488x1984)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>
>>2912981
Oblivion character creator
>>
File: IMG-20171124-WA0000.jpg (202 KB, 1200x1599)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>2912338
Cute, but breeding animals with such visible defects should be illegal. Munchkins might be healthy now, but there are plenty examples how people can fuck up animal breeds when pursuing 'cute' features. Like persians, and with dogs pugs.

If you want a fancy breed, there are better options. Don't pick munchkins, persians/exotics or Scottish folds. Some Asian breeds are also going bad, but I'm not that knowledgeable about them (I think there's something with deformed skull shapes or something?).

Pic is my mom's cat. He has fluff slider set to maximum.
>>
>>2910571
https://youtu.be/Pq8-K3WKHoY
>>
>>2912338
I admit I like to look at pictures of them because they're hitting the cute baby button hard but I wouldn't wish a disability like that on any cat.
So I guess it's more funny than sad if it does happen but breeding this condition is just mean.
>>
Is there anything I can do to stop my cat from digging in potted plants?
Every couple of days there will be a small pile of dirt next to the plants.
She usually goes for the cactus.
She's about 1.5 years old and indoor only.
>>
I'm glad my cat isn't interested in my fleshlights.
I can leave them out to dry all day and she stays away.
>>
>>2912500
Oh, okay. They seem like friends and that makes me happy.
>>
Can I realistically hope to get a cute kitten very young (like less than 3 months old) without paying a breeder $700+ like I see people asking on craigslist?
I figure those are just rare breeds.
I just want an american shorthair or similar breed with a mix of white and darker fur that I can raise myself.
>>
>>2913491
>using fleshlights when you have a cat
>>
Sick boy feels so much better! The first two weeks he refused to leave my room because of my roommates being loud but now he roams free without a problem. He makes me so happy
>>
>>2913604
you could try to ask around in your neighborhood or friends/family, sometimes people give away their kittens for free because they’re happy when they get rid of them
>>
I'm scared now, how do you keep kot from doing this if you have to leave home for several hours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7habOJe-z0
>>
>>2913615
How do you know when your cat really wants it?
Do you need some sort of proof of consent for legal reasons?
>>
What kind of cat is the best for a person who has two dogs?
>>
>>2911653

As long as it is a male and a female. They tend to get enemies when they grow up if they are of the same gender
>>
>>2913008
I'm gonna pet that belly
>>
>>2913645
Get another kot. The ideal number of kots is n+1 anyway.
>>
>>2913964
I've heard two males have the best chances of getting along, especially when castrated and having a calmer personality. Different genders supposedly can cause major issues with one-sided mating behavior, and females seem to fight over hierarchy and territory a lot.
>>
File: IMG_0332.jpg (974 KB, 2379x3171)
974 KB
974 KB JPG
>when you forget the rotate the photo again
I should just stop trying to catpost. Have a squeak.
>>
File: IMG_0567.jpg (3.11 MB, 3264x2448)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
>>2911998
>>2912371
I had a similar diagnosis of stomatitus, which the vet recommended a full teeth extraction or monthly steroid shots. It was explained to me that he's essentially allergic to the tartar in his teeth, caused by a viral infection he picked up as a kitten, probably from his mother or another cat before we had him. This causes gum infection, mouth sores, and terrible breath. My cat must have a minor version of it though since it doesn't seem to slow down his eating, so it must not be hurting much.

My cousin's dog had a full teeth extraction for their issue, and I don't think it's really bothered them as much, but I just don't want to go that route. I'm going to attempt to brush my cat's teeth as best as possible for the next month and see how quickly the halitosis returns, I'm hoping that once the steroid shot wears off, I can prevent him from redeveloping any issues for a few months at least to try and reduce the cost of continual shots since it's $125 per visit. I could handle three or four visits a year to the vet, but not every month.
>>
>>2914061
Stomatitis is not contagious, amigo. You're wasting your time brushing his teeth too. It's not going to do much. You can try some additives to his water, but again, it's not guaranteed.

You're also getting ripped off on the depo shots. I only get charged about $50-60 for mine. You also want to go easy on them since it will destroy your cat's kidneys in the long run.
>>
File: IMG_4650.jpg (713 KB, 1280x1920)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>>2914087
>>2914061
I forgot to add that pulling the teeth isn't a magic bullet either. I pulled my moron's teeth and he still needs depo shots every couple of months, but it doesn't seem to bother him too much yet. In the long run I'm sure it will start to bother him much more, however.
>>
>>2914087
It's actually a two part treatment, it's ~$35 for the anti-allergy shot for his teeth, then another $40 for Convenia for his skin. The office visit makes up $50 though, and unfortunately, I haven't seen a way to administer the injections myself, nor do I quite feel comfortable to. I'm hoping the skin shots don't need to be a reoccuring thing though, I've got some stronger flea treatment that should reduce fleabites and stop him from tearing a lot of his hair out.

That was one thing I was worried about with a steroid, I know they're bad for your heart as well. The trouble is I'm worried about bone loss from infected tissue spreading, since losing a jaw is not particularly exciting either. Whatever pain he's feeling doesn't seem to be enough to stop him from eating, so I'd be more willing to let continual treatment slide for a few months if there's no risk of the infection progressing.
>>
A tabby cat adopted my mom and it has three kittens which are tabby, ginger, and grey in colour.
Is that unusual, three kittens with completely different colouration?
The one thing their colouration has in common is that they all have white underbellies and feet, which the mother doesn't have.
>>
>>2914354
I don't think it's that unusual, especially if it's a stray since multiple males can contribute.
>>
>>2914354
Not unusual at all, it’s likely they have different fathers.
>>
>>2912723

cute. my kitty is very chatty aswell.
>>
>>2910571

best way to shave my cat's butt so she doesn't get poop stuck to her hairs? last time the vet gave her a "window" but it's been a while since last apppontment
>>
>>2914107
>Anti-allergy shots
For what purpose? Steroids are all you need. Antibiotics if it gets really bad.
>>
File: 20180926_130227.jpg (1.43 MB, 2048x1152)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>cats from next door keep shitting everywhere on my property
>pissing on my doorsteps
>cat shits on footpath, driveway, throughout my vege garden and flower gardens
>try to chase them away and scare them so they wont come back
>spray water at them too
>still piss and shit everywhere

I'm beginning to hate cats
>>
File: 20190109_202726.jpg (957 KB, 1594x896)
957 KB
957 KB JPG
'Sup /kot/

So about a month ago I befriended a stray that would come hang out on my balcony. Long story short, I go on vacation, it's still coming to hang out on my balcony, but I realize it's gotten pregnant (didn't even know it was female).
Upon learning this I decided to make our relationship a little more serious, began feeding it more, and started letting her inside (it's winter, after all).

In any case she's gotten pretty huge at this point, and has started licking her nipples. Any idea on when she may be due?
(I have never done this before and am kinda scared.)
>>
>>2914423
has she made a nest? if you find her laying somewhere dark or under something. Put down some news paper and towels on top of that, make a nice comfy place for her to give birth. Keep in mind that its going to be messy and smelly and you are going to need to change the bedding after she gives birth.
this MAY cause her to try move her kittens, but she needs a clean place. make sure she cant get outside, so you dont have to worry about her moving them outside.

If thats her there, she looks ready to pop.
>>
>>2914407
motion activated sprinklers
>>
File: 20190109_205059.jpg (1.3 MB, 1751x1195)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>2914426
Yes, that's definitely her. Perhaps not the most flattering photo.
She's still a stray at heart and clamors to go back outside in the morning/middle of the night so I don't know if she's made her nest elsewhere, but she does come back to my apartment every evening and seems to like my couch.

Thanks a lot for the advice, though. I'll put some towels under it since she occasionally hides out there. Does it help to let you know that she's still pretty playful (and bitey)?
>>
>>2914442
she will 90% have her babies at your place as long as she can get in. you feed her, she feels safe and she clearly trusts you.
does she have milk yet?
>>
>>2914542
>does she have milk yet?
Not sure. How do you tell?
This may be my first time with a pregnant cat, but I've grown up with them for most my life and know that touching a cat's belly is like the holy grail of "you're okay, human". And I doubt I'm there with her yet.
>>
File: kot2.jpg (1.96 MB, 1968x3000)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
My cat continues to piss and shit where she's not supposed to and I need to figure out why so I can stop her. 95% of the time she uses her litter box. But this means she pees or shits somewhere about once a week. It tends to happen in spurts. She'll be perfect for a week or two, then go for a pissing and shitting spree for a day or two.

I adopted her like six months ago. She's five years old, neutered, and a Bengal. The owner told us she uses silica gel litter and that's best for her. That's what I continue to use.

Over the past six months I've lived in two different apartments. She will shit or piss on rugs, mats, any towels, that are left sitting around, or seat cushions. But she's particular. She'll piss or shit on some cushions again and again, and others she'll sit on but piss. This has resulted in a situation where I had to remove of these items so the floor is totally bare, no rugs, mats, etc. Closed off the rooms with seat cushions.

Now the worst part: she pissed on my bed a couple times, and did it again this morning. This is a way bigger hassle than her pissing on the cushions or rug. It also confuses me because she recognises that she's not supposed to do this. As soon as I woke up this morning and discovered the piss on my blanket, she ran under the bed and hid.

Why is my cat doing this and how can I get her to stop? What should I do after these incidents so she understands it needs to stop?
>>
>>2914554
instead of a flat tum with just nipples, does she have.. what look like boobs. if she has that, shes very very close to giving birth.
Cats are generally pregnant for 58 – 67 days.

here are some general helpful links to read through to prepare you for her birth

https://www.purina.co.uk/cats/key-life-stages/pregnancy/cat-labour-and-giving-birth

https://www.catster.com/lifestyle/cat-health-5-stages-cat-pregnancy
>>
File: IMG_9337 4mb.jpg (405 KB, 2449x1632)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
fat kot
>>
>tfw my 9 month old caught his first fledgling today
So proud of him.
>>
File: 20180926_125821.jpg (1.7 MB, 2048x1152)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>
>>2913604
Shelter kittens or unwanted ones from stray cats etc. that'd otherwise end up there anyways. Offer to be a birth place for preggo shelter cats and you can get a lot of kittens really tiny and keep the cutest ones.
>less than 3 month old
They should at least stay 12 weeks with their family if they are so lucky to have one. Better around 16 weeks when their mothers finished teaching them how to be behave.

>>2913645
Get two cats that grew up with their family 12 weeks or more or adopt a really old cat that'll sleep most of the time anyways.

>>2914560
Did you already try the obvious like vet check for bladder or kidney issues, second litter box, a third with different itter just to try, and enzyme cleaner on everything she peed on?

Expecially if she's a lowF bengal, stress caused by boredom could also be an issue. Up the playtime by at least half an hour a day and see if it gets better.
Strange smelling detergents or perfumes can also be the problem. Some cats will pee and shit on things they don't like to smell.
>>
>>2910802
Not really but I gave a friend who's like that.
>>
>>2911604
I've always been allergic to cats but after I got one home, I developed some tolerance during the first year. I was taking a lot of antihistamines in the meantime.

Can't advice you on the hypoallergenic ones, but thought you could use the anecdote.
>>
File: DwHeayvUwAASvMf.jpg (119 KB, 1024x1000)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>
>>2913961
Are you sure your dogs aren't cat aggressive?
>>
>Cat jumps on lap and falls asleep
>Can't move
>Can't make noise
>Take 5 minutes typing this
>>
>>2915387
Oh I've been there. I'm often there.
>>
File: kot.jpg (301 KB, 2048x1536)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
Say something nice
>>
File: file.png (655 KB, 776x1040)
655 KB
655 KB PNG
>>2915466
looks like my cat
>>
>>2912787
i just had to put a family cat down last month and all you can do is be strong for the cat
>>
>>2914407
Either buy some oranges or buy some orange oil.
Cats can't stand the scent of citrus oil. I use whole oranges to deter my cats from certain places in the house. Either leave whole pieces of peel scattered through your yard, or drip some orange oil on your doorstep and any problem areas outside. Might attract ants, but will definitely stop kitty.
>>
Is kitten food really necessary? I have a 6 month old kitten and a 8 year old cat. Is it alright if they eat the same food? And also, would kitten food harm the adult cat?
>>
File: 1547220083603.jpg (209 KB, 612x600)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
here you go op
>>
>>2914622
I love the eyes!
>>
>>2914560
I have the exact problem with my kitten.
Pissing in the bed really is the worst because then I have to change everything, wash the bedding clean and flip the mattress.
What has really helped me is covering my bed with lemon scented bin bags (even though it looks like an ebola bed now). Cats don't like the scent of lemon and apparently don't like the sensation of walking on bin bags, so that was the thing that worked for me.
>>
>>2915580
i may have edited them a bit
>>
hi /kot/. If I pet my cat's head a lot is there risk of giving it brain damage?
>>
>>2915778
i'm sure your kot will be fine
>>
i’m not sure what breed this cat is, i think it might be a norwegian forest cat but i’m not sure. he has long white soft fur that seems waterproof
>>
>>2915842
not sure why that sent upside down, does anyone have any guesses as to what breed he is?
>>
If I'm depressed, does my cat get sad too?
I'm a social inept, with 0 friends, its only me and my cat here, and even this gets me depressed all the time I feel bad whenever I see him because how much lonely or bored he may be feeling and I don't know what to do about it.

It sucks but I feel bad about being his owner, I did attempt suicide 3 times in the past, getting a cat was actually ssupposed to make me commit to life because I can't begin to think what will happen to him if I'm not around.

Now I'm just starting to think about giving him to a happy family that will take care of him good, if I can ever find one...
>>
>>2915566
As far as I know Kitten food sometimes has slightly more protein, which is good for all healthy cats. Normal, adult food is all over the place. Senjor food seems to have more fat and less protein so it's better for cats with kidney issues. There's no need to feed based on asumptions if you do proper vet checks, though.
I didn't care and fed all types all the time for the whole life of my now 12 year old.

By the way, kitten kibble is great to use as throw snacks for all ages since you get the same amount of running cat for a smaler piece of kibble.

>>2915938
Most cats theoretically could have way better owners than you, me or nearly anyone here. But there are also a lot in shelters that would love to have a home at all.
>I don't know what to do about it.
Just make him a little less bored. Play with him. Talk with him. Cuddle him. Surprise him with weird things.
Also most cats do consider chilling in the same room some feets apart as some kind of social interaction.
>>
So I'm playing with my cat and he randomly runs to hide under the couch's cushion. Anyknows why that would be?

I try be like "found you!" but he doesn't seem to react, he just stays there staring at me.
>>
What kind of dewormer do you guys use?
>>
>>2916069
Profender spot-on.
>>
My cat has been watching this gravure with me for like 15 minutes.
She liked the part when the she bounced on the exercise ball.
http://www.i-one-net.com/item/1257
>>
File: IMG-20190112-WA0009.jpg (659 KB, 2240x3968)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
is this a cat or a dog
>>
>>2912764
You sound like a fucking sociopath
>>
>>2916221
yeah the guy that tells the truth is a sociopath. not the people who let fertile cats run rampant and actually create so much cat and other animal suffering.
>>
File: LOL.jpg (281 KB, 3200x1680)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
*brings a live moth into your bedroom*
>>
>>2916245
To be fair, both you and those people are disturbed in different ways.
>>
>>2916248
I'm actually out here helping real people, not curled up in a ball ignoring the outside world spending 1000's in surgery on a fucking cat that can't understand or consent to undergonig the pain of it, instead of putting it down responsibly and just getting a new cat because literally 1000's of cats die homeless every day because cat owners refuse to take responsbility.
>>
>>2915938
Maybe get a second cat so he has company? Also have you tried therapy, antidepressants etc?
>>
>>2915842
pretty sure you have yourself a maine coon same as my cleo
>>
>>2913652
It's a meme. Cat vaginas are too small for human penes. [spoiler]If your kot is large enough for the dick, it should be fine if she's in heat, but don't try to fuck large cats anyways because that's dangerous.[/spoiler]
>>
Are house only, vaccinated cats vulnerable to toxoplasmosis?
>>
>>2916364
Just as much as they are vulnerable to fleas, I guess: Not as high a chance to get it but humans could bring it in.
If a non toxo pregnant woman shares the houshold just don't let her handle the litterbox to be safe.
>>
>>2910745
Just make hes eating and drinking, thats the most important part
>>
>>2915938
Get a laser pointer if you haven't, Im sure the cat would love it and its hilarious watching them try to bite it or attack the red dot. Fun for you and the cat
>>
>>2913652
Sick fucker, if you actually want to fuck your cat you have a lot more to worry about than the cats consent
>>
Recently got a cat with this weird tick. Still only a year old.
He will, at almost completely random times he start biting. Not biting very hard (or he has a weak bite). It seems almost seems like it's in a playful way, I think, but his body language doesn't suggest it. What do
>>
>>2911945
Guter katto
>>
File: 1918424_0.jpg (42 KB, 630x630)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>2914560
I once had a cat we called the piss ninja.
She had a pot belly and when something was a miss that she dident like, she would piss on stuff. Thing is , she was super sneaky about it. Shed slink in, piss and slink out and youd not even know she was there until you smelled it.
>>
Do you ever just appreciate your cats' faces?
>>
File: oliver.jpg (305 KB, 1080x1440)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
Look at this big boi
>>
>>2916396
Cats will do play or warning nips. If a cat bites you and they're pissed, you will know.

My mom's cat has a particular attitude where she'll nip or swipe at you when she's tired of you petting her so I just have to pay attention to her body language to see when she's getting bored of pets to avoid it.

If it's nipping to tell you to stop doing something, avoid doing the thing. If it's playful, try fifteen minutes of ignoring the cat (because you don't want to reward the behavior) and then play with him using toys.
>>
File: 1099.jpg (42 KB, 600x439)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>
File: 3821.jpg (49 KB, 600x450)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>
File: 7910.jpg (59 KB, 600x407)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>
When a cat thinks it's too good for you and can bite and such do you ever just roll them onto their backs and rub them over the upper part of their chest between their front legs so they go crazy and bite and scratch your arm just to remind it that you are big and strong
>>
>>2916754
>His cats don't willingly allow him to rub their chest and belly
What are you even doing m8
>>
why does my kot's pooper smell so bad
>>
these are my kots, azrael and momo.
azrael likes to cuddle a lot, and even loves it when i pick him up!
momo is cute but also very very stupid.
i love them.
>>
File: 1546995637973.jpg (139 KB, 1242x1242)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
where can I find the full set of these funny catface zoomed in pics?
>>
File: IMG_20190107_185636918.jpg (2.42 MB, 3120x4160)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
the kits
>>
>>2912723
my boys like yours except he is completely mute. never meows ever. seems to communicate primarily with his face and eyes
>>
1 year old 5 lbs sits staring into the air with his tung hanging out drooling about 1/2 the time. Falls of things never lands on feet falls when he shakes his head. Only purrs when he is having an episode and never mews , also obsessed with feet cat , human , dog , loves all feet.
MFW my cat is tard.
>>
File: Bees.jpg (385 KB, 1549x1077)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
Time to find a bee supplier for spring .
my two hives are still kicking but i am going to order new bee's anyway. If the are still okay i will start a new hive.
>>
File: 500.png (25 KB, 626x578)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>2916941
oops wrong place.
>>
Do cats like knocking stuff over and chewing on cables or electronics?
I sort of want a cat, but I don't think my place is really animal friendly and if I'm going to have to change up my whole place for a cat, I'd just go without one.
>>
>>2917009
Kittens in particular will chew cords and knock things off of desks. If you have a lot of fragile stuff lying around, a cat is likely to break that shit. I've lost several anime figures to cat antics.
>>
Visited an animal shelter today and saw this really cute kitten. They say she has a heart murmur. Is that going to be an issue in the future? There was another cute kitten that kept sneezing. Are they sick?
>>
File: Little Tonky.jpg (122 KB, 597x1103)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>2910571
I don't venture to this board very often but I was just feeling really happy about my cat and wanted to share her with you guys. I found Tonks as a stray kitten about 5 1/2 years ago. I believe she was trapped in the machine shop where I worked all weekend after sneaking through the open doors on a Friday and I found her Monday morning. She was 1.4 lbs, just fur stretched over a skeleton, and had ear mites and a large bloody wound on her side. I used my lunch break to go buy her some wet food and took her home with me that night. Pic was taken a few days later.
>>
File: IMAG0949.jpg (1.97 MB, 4000x2240)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>2917075
And here she is much more recently getting right in the middle of a gaming pc build. She is super affectionate to me. She likes to sleep in my lap or on the bed against my legs. Sometimes she will lay on me purring and looking at me while blinking slowly or rubbing her head against my chin. If anyone else so much as looks at her, however, she throws a hissy fit and takes a swat at them. She is one of the things that brings me the most happiness in this world. I may have saved her, but she saved me too.
>>
File: IMAG0214-2.jpg (264 KB, 1344x760)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>2917077
Saw this pic as well when scrolling for the last one so here ya go
>>
>>2917075
>>2917077
What a cute fluffball
You did good anon
>>
File: image.jpg (835 KB, 1080x1350)
835 KB
835 KB JPG
Can anyone ID this type of cat?
>>
Are there any hypo cats? They seem like chill animals to have but I get itchy scratchy eyes and stuffy nose
>>
what mix of cats do you need to breed to get this type of cat in pic related? my s/o and i like these cats with the squished in faces and the plush (not long) fur. exactly like an exotic shorthair but when we look up exotic shorthairs most have these ugly droopy eyes and just over exagerated faces. so it must be a specific mix between some shorthair cat and a persian right?
>>
>>2917091
Looks like a Bengal.
>>
>>2916759
I mean shaking them around you fat incel
>>
File: 20170415_115410.jpg (633 KB, 1428x1932)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
We just found out that the cream colored one is a flame point siamese. She, The Princess, just came to our door one day and we couldn't find the owner. The boy, Nico, we moved from Puerto Rico. My husband saved him as a kitten. Drunk boys were kicking him, so my husband got into a fist fight to protect him. He has been attached to my husband ever since.
It's amazing how cats really bond together and to humans. These cats have so much love, it is truly amazing.
>>
File: Pusheen.png (426 KB, 733x585)
426 KB
426 KB PNG
Our Japanese rescue cat.
>>
>>2917220
Looks like a weeaboo alright
>>
File: myCat.png (1.21 MB, 763x911)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
Anyone else here have a Brit?
>>
File: image.jpg (661 KB, 3264x2448)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
My mother has this cat but it doesn’t like to be touched. She lives in a rural area and the cat basically eats mistly mice, lizards and birds. She’s had a bag of catfood for months because the cat eats outside.

Hiw can I make the cat docile? It loves to play with toys but it won’t tolerate affectionate touch.
>>
File: 20180621_041127.jpg (3.83 MB, 4032x3024)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
This guy's 16ish, but he seems healthy and active, playful.
He was actually attacked by an owl, but too fat to be taken away.
>>
Kotopes
>>
reminder that black cats are disgusting and deserve to be euthanized!
>>
File: 65465168168168138.jpg (1.68 MB, 3024x4032)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
Been monitoring the thread, very cute kots. Here's mine.
>>
File: 20190113_163501.jpg (1.99 MB, 4027x3019)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
Mjau!
>>
>>2917091
Looks like a bengal, like my own >>2917318
>>
>>2910571
How do I get my 12 year old cat to go outside and enjoy nature with me? She is the only friend I have and it'd be kino if we were outside walking together
>>
File: file.png (465 KB, 640x481)
465 KB
465 KB PNG
>>2916646
>>2916648
>>2916649
best fishing cat photo hier
>>
>>2917024
How do you get them to stop?
>>
>>2910571
I just found the rests of a pigeon in my old shack. How should I feel about it?
>>
I don't watch TV often, but when I do, my cat loves to sit and watch it with me. She stares at the screen totally transfixed. She prefers nature shows but honestly she watches most things. Kubrick, American football, indie foreign films...

Is this normal?
>>
File: 1535304608360.gif (1.52 MB, 450x298)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB GIF
I switched my cats litter box from normal clay to pine pellets. One cat seems to be doing his business but the other is pooping and peeing everywhere but the box. How do I get him to start using it? Just lock him in a room with the litter box?
>>
File: yike.jpg (145 KB, 2048x1152)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>2916828
>azrael
>>
>>2917503
replace it gradually, go back to clay but mix a bit of the pellets in, then more and more until it's 100% pellets
>>
File: IMG_20181023_210923.jpg (2.34 MB, 3036x4048)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>2917471
Yeah. It's a bunch of rapidly-moving shapes; pretty interesting to cats. Not every cat likes it but it's normal to catch their interest.
>>
>>2910571
What are some good tracking options for cats in the eventuallity one escapes. Are bluetooth keychains viable?
Mine has went missing for two days before coming back just an hour ago and I am very concerned that next time it might not even come back at all or worse.Specially because it isn't the first time the bastard does that. If we leave any door or window open long enough without controlling where he is, he will go outside and fuck off. Although most times he just goes outside like a day at very most and it can be seen in the bushes of my house.
Also, would walk him around with a harness and a leash reduce his need of adventure or to explore? I really don't want to live this hell again.
>>
>>
File: nordic_languages.jpg (404 KB, 1150x1626)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>
I'm cursed with allergies towards cats but I'm still considering adopting one, a Siamese specifically. Will the allergies go away after a while? I've heard that it's something you get used to.
>>
>>2916390
>>2916253
I'am already in therapy.

Every people I know who adopted two cats got them depressed, its rare when cats are able to go along, unless its a male/female couple.

The irony is that I adopted my cat because I was lonely, now I feel like he is just as lonely as me, he really depends a lot on my presence, he doesn't trust anybody else and won't leave me alone for one second.

The laser pointer works, its what I use to make him exercise.
Its really an unhealthy way of life.
>>
>>2917656
Yeah totally! And the smell just goes away on its own too!
>>
>>2917656
Some allergies can go away with contact, but not all. Try volunteering at a shelter for a bit and see if it helps.
>>
File: IMG_20190113_162915_01.jpg (216 KB, 1040x1031)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
U N I T
N
I
T
>>
>>2917656
It took me three weeks of living with a cat for my lifelong allergy to subside. Now I have five of them.
>>
File: 0413181845.jpg (1.11 MB, 4160x2340)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
I want my cat to gain a little late because she's a bit skinny compared to how she was about a year ago. I brought her into the vet a 2 months ago and the weight loss wasn't so much that she was shocked or concerned so its not that bad.

Current diet is dry food and 1 can of Friskies "tasty treasures" she shares with the other cat of the house but she eats probably 75% of it. She's about 14 years old now and I know thats old and she should be losing some weight but I just want some more meat on those bones

Pic semi related, my other cat. I'd get a picture of the cat in question but she won't sit still
>>
>>2917899
as you can see he likes to walk on the carpeted walls
>>
>>2915844
looks like angora cat
>>
>>2917673
Sounds like a normal cat desu. Splurge on him, get him a cat tree to climb, catnip or new toys. Put on cat tv videos on youtube with outside sounds like birds. Get him a window shelf.

Honestly cats are generally solitary, territorial animals not only that but they sleep a lot.

Sounds like you're anthropomorphizing a bit.
>>
File: cat-disgusted.gif (1.99 MB, 350x261)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>pisscord
>>
>>2915842
Super soft semi-long white coat that's waterproof? Sounds like a Van.
>>
File: Kotman.jpg (147 KB, 1698x955)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>2917461
Play with them, get them tired. When I got my cat, he was a little shit. I took 2 weeks off from work and basically spent all day with him. It took some time to get him tired but after about a week he knew when to knock over shit and when not to.
>>
File: 1525965992387.gif (1.64 MB, 400x400)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB GIF
>tfw seeing all these cats cuddling with their master
>my cat won't even stay on my lap for longer than a minute
>had him for 3 years now
>>
Hi, I just adopted a two months old cutie. Pls share /kot/ tricks to integrate her to my other 2 year old cat. The older one is neutered if that is relevant
(I would post a pic but gookmoot fucking hates me)
>>
>>2918501
Introduce from either side of a door, gradually open the door more and more on successive visits
>>
File: IMG_0176.jpg (252 KB, 1280x960)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
i was taking pictures of my kittens watching birds in the morning... looks like they're having war flashbacks
>>
File: IMG_0175.jpg (218 KB, 1280x960)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>2918745
>>
>>2918668
Yes I've been doing this. The kitten is currently in the bathroom because I dont have a spare room for her. I brought the kitten's scent to her and she went from
>hmm interesting indeed
ti
>eww wtf
At least she doesn't get pissed. I think they'll get along just fine.
>>
File: kitty.jpg (241 KB, 713x1197)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>2918482
don't worry it took my cat like 6 years to start getting really cuddly/clingy towards me
>>
>>2918025
>they sleep a lot.
Once they are around 10. Before they usually like to play and explore a lot.
>>
>>2918762
That's a good looking cat.
>>
>>2917673
>its rare when cats are able to go along, unless its a male/female couple.
No, usually a neutered pair that has a similar character and play behaviour gets along best, and that tends to be a same sex pair of similar age.
Biggest problem is that you rarely find cats that grew up with other cats and it can get really complicated to get two socially retarded cats get along.
>>
File: 2019011195173218.jpg (271 KB, 2560x1440)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
CJ says hi
>>
>>
>>
My 7 year old cat has suddenly stopped shitting in his box. Instead he keeps doing on the hard tile floor right in front of the box.

He keeps doing it in the same spot on the floor and the turds are always kind of hard. I've seen him in the box digging around but there's no poop. There haven't been any other changes in his behavior and he's still pissing in the box.

Any ideas of what his problem is? Is he constipated or something? Should I be worried?
>>
>>2916601
Yes. One of my cats is extremely beautiful.
She's dying and it makes me want to die too.
>>
>>2919204
I'd say he seems to have mild constipation. If using the toilets hurts them they often blame it on the litter box and try other places in hope of less pain. If the box isn't very big it could also be that his usual shitting position hurts and so the poop lands outside by accident. I'd try to give him something to make the turds a little softer and look if it helps.
If he stops eating or shitting it can be dangerous and you should go to the vet.
>>
>>2919204
Things that can help with constipation:
>More fluid, get wet food if she accepts it
>Some usual milk
>A few drops of oil mixed with the food
>An higher amount of crude fibre in the food, you can also mix some mashed pumpin with it
>Fresh cat grass
>More physical activity
>More brushing, hairballs can cause constipation, too
>>
File: baldpatch.png (3.28 MB, 1019x1808)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB PNG
Came home today to find a bald spot on the top of my cat's head. It wasn't there this morning

What the hell is this? He's fine otherwise, and isn't acting strange

He's an indoor cat, we don't let him go outside
>>
File: IMG_20190115_181227~2.jpg (2.84 MB, 2047x1847)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
This is my adopted feral cat mom, Serval. She had a small litter of kittens last spring in the yard across the street from mine, and I began feeding her little cat family beginning in June. After I took in one of her kittens and placed the other with a friend, Serval showed up again in October with two more babies. I caught these new kittens, baited her into the house, and have been taming the whole group of them for about three months now. In that time Serval has gone from suspicious street cat to sweet and cuddly lap warmer. I still can't reliably pick her up without a struggle, but we're making steady progress every day.
>>
File: MVIMG_20190115_174358~2.jpg (2.64 MB, 2003x2046)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB JPG
>>2919434
>>
>>2919434
Cute
>>
Curtains, glass, chair, doorknob, plate,...
My cat is a calamity, usually he is really well behaved and disciplined, he never bites is very sociable with people.
But there is always some time where he gets way too active, usually after he takes a dump.

No matter how long I play with him or get him exhausted, he decides when he wants to stop, and it's not like he just plays, he jump and runs everywhere in the house like he is crazy.

I did think that he was too stressed or maybe the apartment is too small for him (it's not a small though).
He is just like this.
So my question is how do I contain him? How can I keep him entertained without him jumping everywhere?

Does a cat tree helps?
Is there a game he can play alone without doing crazy shit?
>>
File: 20190103_091419.jpg (2.17 MB, 4032x2268)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB JPG
I've got a theory....

So as not to make my recently adopted old timer NEUROTIC I will pretend to notice her or look directly at her rarely. I suspect cats like to do the seeing rather than be the one who is seen, and my apartment is not very big. I'll let her think she is secret ;)
>>
File: 20190103_090804.jpg (2.95 MB, 4032x2268)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
>>2919535
A little extra bit, a question...

This cat has not taken to any scratching post/pads and likes my couch and the edge of my carpet and kitchen linoleum. I've put a blanket on my couch and tried to cover that edge, but she just hasn't taken to the post and tree I have for her or the cardboard pad either.
Any advice to curb this behavior? I let her know it's not good when she scratches in the wrong places, but I don't know if she cares enough yet. I've only had her for a little over a week.

But good news, I hope! As I was typing this I think I heard the violent scratching of that cardboard pad and the flopping of it against the carpet. It's hard to confirm cause I'm sure she'd stop doing it if she heard me come to check, so who fucking knows maybe she was shredding my couch in some horrendous way.
>>
File: kot.png (978 KB, 715x755)
978 KB
978 KB PNG
>>
>>2919544

you can deter your cat from doing things by putting coins in a glass jar or metal container and shaking it at them when they do something they're not supposed to. eventually this training will make them stop doing it
>>
>>2918782
Generally, they sleep a lot. Morning, evening and midnight its usually go time.
>>
whats the general consensus on fancy feast wet food? the vet told me that the high protein selections are actually pretty good.

i wouldnt mind giving him 'better' food but he doesnt seem to take to anything else. any brand recommendations worth trying?
>>
>>2919571

fancy feast is high in salt and carbs, I recommend wellness brand, not that expensive
>>
>>2919562
I believe this will work.
>>
>>2919580
Fancy Feast has a grain free version now no?
>>
One spotty boi.

I have a male and a female Bengal kitten. The female is in heat so I separated them. Now they meow at each other all night. I scheduled an appointment to get the girl fixed, but it’s not until Monday. How do I stop them meowing so much?
>>
>>2919632

still high in carbs and salt

fancy feast is cheap for a reason, your cat will have a short life
>>
>>2919646
you take care of her yourself
>>
This is Sushi. She’s a bit stupid, but very loving.
>>
>>2919500
>and it's not like he just plays, he jump and runs everywhere in the house like he is crazy
That's exactly how young cats play, you have to chase, catch and fight him like https://youtu.be/O3NWO1BLSx8?t=134

Or get him one of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mY8Yechvg8
>>
>>2919788
Nice Cat
>>
>>2919858
Thanks. Sorry she’s sideways.
Also, as an example for how stupid she is, she just tried to climb on the arm of the sofa and slipped and fell on the floor on her back.
>>
>>2919654
i wouldnt mind trying a different brand just cant fet him to eat anything else unless it has fish in it.

whats with all the sweet potato and carrot shit out there btw?
>>
File: xmas.jpg (2.88 MB, 5662x3774)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
>>2914560
Update: she keeps pissing. Pissed on the seat cushions three more times. I'm bad at remembering to remove them when I leave. And pissed on the bed last night right next to my foot.

I read that maybe this is a bladder problem and she likes to pee on a warm spot. But why doesn't she pee on the rug then? Or on towels?

She shits on rugs and towels, pees on cushions and mattresses.

I'm at my wit's end and about to just put her up on Craigslist
>>
>>2920014
get another litter box
>>
>>2919983
Dietary fiber, helps to prevent constipation.

>>2920014
What of those things >>2915130 did you try?
Sadly you won't find out by asking her, just eliminate all possible causes.

>maybe this is a bladder problem and she likes to pee on a warm spot
>maybe
Just let the vet take an urin sample.
I guess they search the most comfortable spots because they hope it will hurt less peeing there.

>What should I do after these incidents so she understands it needs to stop?
Certainly not anything that might stress her even more.
>>
>>2910571
how go I train my cat to be more /k/at?

He seems to love my guns (or at least knows he'll get my attention by laying on them every time I work on them), and kills mice like they are charlie. But is a whimp to other cats and dogs and anything his size of bigger, usually hissing and retreating.

How do I get him to embrace his inner hunter-killer self better?
>>
File: 20180403_220327.jpg (3.49 MB, 4656x2620)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB JPG
>>2920214
Said shithead stalking my newest product as I put it in the brightest place for pics on /k/
>>
File: 1546977148046.jpg (63 KB, 1024x1024)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Poor kot is deathly afraid of the new puppy even though they're the same size. On the upside that means she wants more attention from me which means more cuddles.
>>
>>2919562
>putting coins in a glass jar or metal container and shaking it at them

Or it will turn them into Jews.
>>
File: KittyInBox.jpg (145 KB, 720x960)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>2919434
nobody will leave me a cute kitty on a box to adopt.
>>
>>2917292
burn in hell
>>
File: 1531186494029.jpg (10 KB, 242x208)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>brother recently moved to a different country
>cat that he had since it was a kitten died at 18 yrs old
>he was extremely attached to it and didn't really have anything else keeping him sane
>have no idea how to help him get through this because I'm a complete autistic failure who can't even manage the basics of human communication
>I'm sure he hates me since it's been a month since this has all taken place and we havent spoken since
Please help me.
>>
>>2920275
>have no idea how to help him get through this because I'm a complete autistic failure who can't even manage the basics of human communication
Tell him exactly this, that you're sorry about his loss, worried about his well-being and ask if there's anything you can do to help.
If you're afraid of handling a call just write him, maybe even an old school letter.
>>
File: 1464244025102.jpg (165 KB, 439x550)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>2910770
>tfw had to put my cat down last month that looked exactly like this
please pet your cat for me
>>
Are there any electric litter boxes worth a damn? My mother cleans up the boxes for hers and my father's cats, and she's getting to old to deal with it
>>
File: 20190116_173811.jpg (1.58 MB, 2576x1932)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
My Cat, Itachi (name remnant of my shameful past.) He turns 10 this year. I noticed he has a bald spot on his belly. Is there a reason for this? Should I take him to the vet?
>>
>>2920303
Could be licking it clean or maybe it's dragging lol
>>
>>2920304
He does have a bit of a belly.
>>
>>2918783
thanks, I don't normally post on /an/ but this is a nice thread
>>2920275
did you guys talk a lot before it happened? a month honestly isn't too long, especially if they just moved to a new country
seconding this >>2920292 though, don't be so hard on yourself, you can just kinda say something nice or ask him how he's doing through a letter, or maybe send him a little care package if you really wanna go the extra mile
>>
Ever notice that the threads made by discord shills almost always have 'first for x' in them? It is an organized thing that the discord circle does for all of the different animal threads. These fucks make me sick to my stomach. So much for grassroots threads. It is pretty much a controlled corporation for 'feel goodsies' now because of discord shills. Why they do it, I can only guess that it makes them feel important.
>>
Rate my cat pls
>>
>>2920500
7/10, would pet
>>
>>
>>2920515
Good luck in that position without getting chomped upon.
>>
File: 020.jpg (1.84 MB, 2592x1944)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>2920500
I too know the pleasures of the carpet beast
>>
>>2911166
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET AN OLD CAT.

The biggest issue I have with my cat (found her a kitten) is just the commitment. She’s like a 20yr contract where I have to plan vacations and outings around her. If you are a social person who does things spontaneously, don’t get a young cat. If you’re. Homebody and don’t do much, young cats are awesome to get to know and bond with. Plus older cats take better care of themselves alone, so you’ll be less on edge if you leave your older cat alone.
>>
>>2921068
Every kitten I allow into my home is another 20 years I'm obligated to live. Young cats are a solid suicide prevention plan.
>>
>>2920214
Get a /fit/ cat. Nature and experience will make him a better fighter while creatine and whey protein will make him stronger. He is unable to use artificial weapons but you can make his natural weapons stronger.
>>
>>2916183
Eagle I think
>>
Is two months too soon to get a new cat after having a beloved one die?
>>
anyone elses cat refuse to poop inside and has to go outside? this wouldnt be a problem if it werent cold outside
>>
>>2921311
there is no such thing as too soon
>>
File: 20181224_154710.jpg (2.38 MB, 4032x3024)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
My cat was diagnosed with lymphoma this week. We go for treatment recommendations tomorrow. Anyone been through this? I feel really bad. I wish I had seen something sooner.
>>
So upper respiratory infection is just cat cold right?
>>
File: DSC_0005_1.jpg (1.1 MB, 2048x1536)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
2 years old and still big as a normal kitten, love this dummy
>>
I took my young cat to the vet and stupidly let it run around the examination room. Now he's sick and throwing up + diarrhea. Should i be really worried?
>>
>>2920500
This black boi is clearly an excellent cat. The presentation of his pettable belly is demanding yet tasteful. He is also strong from lifting weights and will protect you
>>
>>2921415
dude weed
>>
Cat went to the vet today and he has hyper thyroid. He is 13yo. How often does ht correlate with kidney disease?
>>
>>2920014
Had cats do this before. Was a bladder problem.
>>
My Kot Keeps splashing water out of her reservoir fed, Waterfall bowl, So my entire kitchen floor keeps getting absolutely soaked. Why does she do this? How can I discourage her from doing this in the future? Do I have to build a cover to go around the bowl part so only the stream is accessible?
>>
>>2922055
just put a towel down. he's just having some fun
>>
File: 817lAYVrkjL._SL1500_.jpg (248 KB, 1390x1500)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>2922059
Anon, I....
I Put 2 towels down today They are entirely soaked and , The entire reservoir was depleted after being filled up before work
Pic related.
>>
>>2922066
is she young? my kitten went through a phase where she used to charge at the water fountain, turn into a slide, and then kick at it so it would fall over. she grew out of it though.

That fountain might be a bit too stimulating for her. it looks like a fun toy to her because of that super long stream.
>>
>>2922072
She Is older then a year. But that's possible, She normally splashes it out of the bowl part and not the stream per say. But yeah she might just need more play time before I leave for work.
>>
File: 1506907017166.jpg (126 KB, 604x516)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
> tfw fell for the sphynx meme

i thought they were creepy and disgusting until i met two of them yesterday and they are the most precious creatures. beautiful little kitters
>>
File: 20180923_211548.jpg (309 KB, 1176x1662)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
well, it's definitive. kot has lung cancer, and only 1/4th of her lungs are working. she's on anti-inflammatory and diuretics, she's eating a bit again but not much. I just hope all goes painlessly for her now
love you kot
>>
>>2922204
be strong man
>>
>>2922074
https://grammarist.com/usage/than-then/
>>
New thread
>>2922379
>>
>>2914622
silly kot, you're not space, you're just dundruf!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.