[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: mosquito.jpg (83 KB, 670x600)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Is it immoral to intentionally cause mosquitoes to go extinct? They kill millions.
>>
Why would killing an insect, bird or animal be immoral?
>>
I never understood why it's completely normal and "just nature" for animals to drive other animals to extinction through various ways, but when humans do it it's inherently evil and unethical. Especially if the animal doesn't really have any uses or anything. Who gives a fuck if we hunted the tasmanian wolf to extinction to protect our livestock? What exactly did we lose, what would we gain if we didn't?
>>
their only real value is that they feed tons of animals like bats and birds and other bugs

if we could find some way to breed them to not like humans or die when they bite us or something that'd be better
>>
>>2888234
destructive potential
on their own animals can only hunt maybe two other species to death tops over centuries-millenia
humans can wipe some stupid niggers out in decades and have done so to hundreds of species, while also artificially transplanting animals into environments with 0 evolved protection against them fucking with ecosystems
kill the wrong animal and you get ecological collapse
on top of that wiping animals out could mean we may never be able to exploit them down the line, just imagine the dodo pet market or moa mounties
beyond that biodiversity is a good thing and at the very least animals are a scientific curiosity that can help us expand our collective knowledge
also you're a nigger don't talk shit about the tasmanian tigers they were cute and aussies are faggots
but mosquitoes are even bigger niggers and rendering them extinct in the wild would be humanities greatest achievement
>>
>>2888244
I get the part about destructive potential I guess but listen, aussies thought the tasmanian tiger was as much of a nuisance as you think mosquitoes to be
It's a matter of perspective
>>
It's better to just genetically modify a bunch of them to stop being malaria carriers and release them to the wild, eventually spreading their immunity to the whole population.
We can do it already, but the debates about it really slows the progress.
>>
>>2888250
you're right
how stupid and hypocritical of me to defend the preservation of vertebrate diversity while advocating for the extinction of invertebrate fauna
I'm a moron and I suck large hairy cocks all day long
>>
>>2888250
tasmanian tigers didn't cause gorillions of deaths worldwide and affect literally any and every human in their range in some way or another
>>2888252
*extinction in the wild
>>
>>2888252
>how stupid and hypocritical of me to defend the preservation of vertebrate diversity while advocating for the extinction of invertebrate fauna
No it's just an arbitrary distinction to make and the sooner you realize that the better
Mosquitoes inconvenience you so you want them gone. If you were a farmer and some mammal completely terrorized your livestock you'd want that mammal gone too.
>>
>>2888258
of course if you have to explain this to me I have the mind of a 5 year old
this is something a mentally competent adult would realize innately
I am retarded and I huff penis 24/7
>>
>>2888260
has anyone ever told you that posting like this doesn't make you seem smart or witty, just like a cuck who can't actually state his opinion for fear of scrutiny?
>>
>>2888261
I'm pretty sure he's just taking the piss out of me and agrees with you because you're both retarded and falsely equate the two
>>
>>2888258
>result in 700k deaths a year, the only creature more deadly to us than us
>like a fifth of global infectious disease cases can be traced back to them
>"""inconvenience"""
>>
>>2888269
ok, somewhere between 300 (being forced to move and probably not die) and 700 FUCKING THOUSAND, the most of any creature on earth, yes, there is some "arbitrary" grey line I guess, also I never made any reference to whether they had spines or not was that was that shitposter, I wouldn't have any ill will towards black widows or moths or whatever
and to play your own card on you you're arbitrarily making the distinction between vaccinated and unvaccinated populations, don't know how someone can be so autistic they care about fucking bugs more than humans because lol ebic nigger hate but whatever, you've made it clear you're just playing devil's advocate because you think this is debate club and want to stroke your dick over arguing a retarded point
>>
>>2888269
and again, extinct in the WILD, maintain controlled populations where they can do no harm like with smallpox
>>
>>2888277
>haha u are illogical I am smart, I will take your sarcasm literally and pretend I'm right
being too autistic to understand that extremes of the spectrum are cleanly out of the grey area shows you're not worth expending any more thought on, you're too dumb to understand that the massive spread of malaria and other diseases allows them to spread outward and burden healthcare/humanitarian aide worldwide, even in non lethal cases, and should a new pathogen with no vaccine mutate it could spread through this already massive system and kill your dumb ass too
also wanton death isn't the only way to deal with a population boom (and why would you need to, africa, a continent, only has the same populations as india or china, where there actually is a critical overpopulation issue)
and at the end of all that, mosquitos wouldn't be truly extinct, the taz tiger is, but you don't have the basic english skills to grasp a self explanatory IUCN designation
last (you), don't need to waste time on some edgy contrarian teenager trying to be "pragmatic" and thinks any old extinction is a-ok and wants to prove how smart he is on anonymous myanmese online pelt catalogue, fuck yourself with a rake
>dude if you don't want to kill all the squirrels on earth because they sometimes kill my tomatoes you can't say you want to eliminate smallpox and the bubonic plague lol it's the same thing
>>
>>2888235
real talk biteless mosquitoes would make really neat short term pets if you got a small swarm
>>
File: 1543328043032.jpg (100 KB, 617x653)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>2888235
that niche is easily filled by millions of other insects that exist in the exact same ecological role. eradicating mosquito is a good thing.
>>
>>2888267
It's an inconvenience because most of those deaths are niggers
>>
>>2888220

At the rate we're growing we need 100 million to die every year. The earth's resources aren't infinite.
>>
>>2888332
asteroids, desalination improvements, and hydroponic space farms
humans gon beat the system babay
>>
can someone please exterminate ticks?
>>
>>2888377
do ticks serve any particularly vital ecological niche? I feel like more animals eat them than mosquitoes
>>
>>2888220
>africas population is set to be a quarter of the worlds in a few decades
>lets kill the only population control left
Brilliant...
>>
>>2888496
>giant continent with has large portion of earth's population
>vast majority keep to themselves on a global scale and will be tempered by limited agriculture and water unlike poo in loos or china
whoa
>>
>>2888505
>not realizing once the starvation from overpopulation kicks in every western country will recieve 100 million african refugees each
>>
>>2888220
These bastards have multiplied X10 in my house, within a week. What could be the cause?
>>
>>2889145
Same with me even though its freezing outside, they must be breeding in my fish tanks even though there's sufficient water movement and my fish would have eat the larvae. But it's not that many, I see like one or two a week.

Can they breed in soil? My house plants have damp soil which supports gnats and isopods but i don't think mosqutios can grow terrestrially.
>>
>>2888250
I highly doubt it, Australians hate mosquitos even more than humans do.
>>
>>2888494
I mean food is also a big thing yeah

But most parasites are pretty much the law
>>
>>2889214
I mean I know they're eaten by insectivores, but are they anyone's primary food source to the point it would disrupt an ecosystem if they were gone?
>>
>>2888220
Too bad we can't just kill the females. I think the males pollinate stuff so they're actually beneficial.
>>
>>2888227
>bird or animal
>birds aren't animals
I've never understood people who say this stupid shit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.