[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: hA5E5FBF2[1].jpg (30 KB, 500x333)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Do you think people who like animals are generally better people?
>>
>>2887783
of course. I never trust anyone who hates or hurts animals
>>
>>2887783
I do not give a flying fuck. I'd exterminate life in the entire universe in the most horrid ways possible to give my dog another minute of life so you be the judge.
>>
better at what?
>>
File: turd.jpg (58 KB, 1200x525)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2887818
it's a meaningless expression.
>>
>>2887783
no i think theyre probably mentally retarded in some way
>>
>>2887808
Lol good thing I'm good at pretending to be affectionate with animals because of dumb people like you
>>
>>2887906
Obviously nothing of value is lost by not having you around
>>
sometimes. dog people like this >>2887817 are absolutely retarded though
>>
Eh, they just happen to care about that specific thing more than other things. people can say they love animals but let their 3 cats outside plus feed stray cats, thus exterminating local wildlife. but they dont care about that because awww my cute cats.
>>
>>2887783
They are at least not clinical sociopaths
>>
how are you measuring the extent of their fondness for animals? it means nothing if you find dogs cute and cuddly but never learn how to properly care for them, how to train them, or do something that feels uncomfortable for their well-being. liking animals ideally means putting their welfare above your feelings, such as those who are opposed to flushing out invasive species just because they have fur and a pretty face, never mind the damage being done to the native ecosystem. it's nice to see people who are unwilling to actively, knowingly hurt animals. it's nicer to see people who go the extra effort to understand their animals, whether that's pets or local wildlife both native and non-native.
>>
>>2887808
That's not what OP asked.
>>
>>2887783
No.

Have you seen how many animals end up in the street or given away or given to shelters?

You know people with dogs, but isn't it weird how few truly SENIOR dogs there are.

The reality is most people treat pets like property. Getting rid of them when they aren't convenient, and killing them when they get "too old"

Sure they do a good job of framing themselves on facebook as an animal lover, but then again they aren't posting pictures of them taking a dog with 5 years left to live to be put down because its time to get a new puppy.

My sister for instance, crows non stop about how she rescued a cat. But the single litter box hasn't been changed in 7 days.

There are 6 pictures of her with her cat in that time and how much she loves it.
>>
>>2888578
This basically 100%. People can like animals but still be neglectful in other aspects of pet care and in regards to the environment.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.