[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1580076002205.jpg (257 KB, 1056x649)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
is this true
>>
>>21890815
Humans are made to adapt. I got jaw surgery as an adult that took me from being a bellringer to pretty attractive and I basically had to learn everything social starting from 24 years old.
I'm 28 now and I have a good circle of friends and a qt gf.
Yes I missed "crucial" landmarks, but I also wasn't born a billionaire's son or whatever.
The shoulda coulda wouldas of life are a waste of your time.
>>
yes, 99% of people are not sitting there in deep thought about these things. they just "go with the flow". i dont know if you have ever hung out with the average person but they are basically retarded and barely conscious.
>>
How did you recover? I find myself in a similar situation where my looks improved significantly after taking off my braces at 25 and while I've been with a few girls since, nothing sticks. I still feel like a total outcast and have trouble connecting and feeling at ease with people
>>
>>21890815
No. But people believe it because convincing themselves that failure is predetermined is easier than confronting their fears and anxieties and taking risks.
>>
>>21890852
Based
>>
>>21890815
It's true that it's normal for most people, and yo don't need to take extra steps to have it happen to you.
It's not true that it's pathetic to fix yourself.
>>
Lol I know that chick. Hi. This entire thread is trash lmao.
>>
>>21890826
>Just get jaw surgery bro
Lol
>>
As someone that is continually approached by women and is now at the point that I turn them all down cause fuck that. Had the good as job. Had the place the car etc.

I constantly try to improve. I overthink like a mother tucker. And the op is straight bullahit lmao
>>
File: 20200212_191830.jpg (1.01 MB, 3264x1592)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
27 kissless virgin here
i try to be better and better and i do get more attention from females
but it never goes anywhere and at this point i feel like its putting lipstick on a pig

>my face when
>>
>>21890896
Yeah if you're fucking unattractive you can fix it, just do what you have to do. Get fillers, get a nosejob, get hair transplant etc it doesn't matter
>>
>>21890815
No one's immune to the tragedy of life, even people who are extroverted and physically attractive.
>>
>>21890815
Self-improvement is kind of a meme because it's peddled as the end all be all of everything and truth is most people are always growing.

Also self-improvement is more than just working out and talking to people more, but that's because our society only considers either being sexually successful or financially successful as real success.

Either way what makes it hard for you to date is both genes and personality traits, genes you can't fix and personality traits are lifelong. Doesn't mean you shouldn't still strive to be good at what you enjoy, but getting into the "I'm gonna work out and a girl will love me!" will just bring you despair.
>>
Like a couple have said in here, the effects and importance of self-improvement are exaggerated and can never overcome some key areas in life where you may be disadvantaged compared to the average person. Being unattractive, having mental illnesses and traumas in childhood, various types of personality disorders which present early in life etc due to parents, these are all things which are more or less 'you' and the nature of them certainly can't be changed, you can maybe change how they present or come across to people though

I've also found that the self-improvement type people I've met in real life can be quite arrogant due to it as a big reason they seek it is to feel superior to others and sometimes attempt to belittle and such, in my opinion it can be a double edged sword

As for OP's point it's abundantly clear that some people just play out life on autopilot and don't need much if any conscious effort to get fundamentally important things. One funny thing i've always found is those people get offended if you bring this concept up to them, life feels hard to pretty much everyone, even the easy modes
>>
>>21890975
>As for OP's point it's abundantly clear that some people just play out life on autopilot and don't need much if any conscious effort to get fundamentally important things. One funny thing i've always found is those people get offended if you bring this concept up to them, life feels hard to pretty much everyone, even the easy modes
This is literally the leftist concept of privilege, and yeah you're totally right.

Being tall and attractive is probably one of the best things you can get in life, right after being wealthy.
>>
>>21890815
Yes 100%.
Seriously, by the time you're able to drink legally and go to bars, there is NO excuse to not have kissed or banged a female. Any normal sociable and mentally healthy male starts hitting on girls in HS and he's guaranteed to at least get kissed a few times.

I mean, do you really think people will take a 22 year old kissless virgin male seriously? Your opinion in a lot of matters, including sex and relationships, will be moot since you clearly lack life experience and have poor social skills. Your'e still a kid if you haven't gotten involved with the opposite sex at that age. You're not a man.

It's not surprise that every kissless virgin above 20 I've met had A LOT of issues when it came to socializing and had lack of confidence that reflected in his grades and job. They were all betas who couldn't take care of themselves and had serious issues deep down.

If you haven’t even kissed a girl by the end of high school, there is seriously something wrong with you.
>>
>>21891003
FUCK NOOOOOOO
FUCK FUCK
>>
File: 1522115844760.png (114 KB, 257x265)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
I was basically living in a garbage heap 2 and a half years ago. I couldn't talk to anyone, I couldn't look anyone in the eye.
I needed literally "a" person to show an interest in me improving, and I gave them some pretty good results. I'm working now, hard. Harder than most people. I have friends now. A really good friend, and a friend who I'm more like rivals with. The pretty females are pretty much the only ones I can't quite figure out, because holy fuck that shit's terrifying. I think of a golden retriever versus a very unhappy chihuahua whenever I reflect on how I act around them.
>>
>>21891094
Oh yeah, and I banged a fat chick at 25.

Don't do that. They're ridden with stds from every other poor sod that has to settle for clapping that.
>>
>>21890815
Makes huge assumptions. That everything comes easy to people who have things and that nothing feels like work to them. There isn't a genealogical difference between someone who washes their dishes and someone who doesn't. The only difference is mentally one person does the things they have to do in daily life and the other would rather never do things they find unpleasant.
>>
>>21891105
It also comes with the assumption that everyone just has spectacular parents who love them.
>>
>>21891105
I think you guys are kinda misrepresenting the point of the pic.

The pic isn't entirely right, for sure, but the main point is the following: dating, having a significant other and having sex isn't hard.
It isn't hard because it's something virtually everyone does. Pretty much everyone ends up paired, prettty much everyone loses their virginity before 25, and pretty much everyone dates. If you can't do it before embarking on some homeric epic of self-improvement before you are even able to do something 99% of humanity does effortlessly just by going through life it is pretty reasonable to say that yea, you're fucked up.
>>
>>21891136
>The pic isn't entirely right, for sure, but the main point is the following: dating, having a significant other and having sex isn't hard.
I'm pretty sure the main point of the pic was that people never have to work for things. It literally says that self improvement is a lie. Like someone with great looks can't work to improve their grades and has to accept the things they can't change.
>>
>>21890852
/thread

Seriously, no one over the age of 40 would tell you they haven't had to actively and consciously work to improve some area of their life.
>>
>>21890908
>anon ABSOLUTELY MOGS me
>claims to be KHV
>I'm a 250 lb Quasimodo troglodyte
>have had sex. Even with TWO attractive girls!
Your standards gotta be too high man. Sluts are out there.
>>
>>21890832
can confirm
>>
Sadly yes
>>
>>21890815
>is this true
No.

The average person isn't autistic but it's very normal to doubt yourself at times, to be unhappy with your position in life and to struggle.
What that struggle comes down to is very different for each individual.
We all set goals for ourselves and the hurdles that come with these goals seem impossible to climb until you have done it a few times and are on to the next ever so slightly bigger one.

It's true that there are certain milestones in that continuous struggle that are linked to a certain age, like making your first friends, graduating high school, having your first intimate experiences, starting a career, getting your own place, starting a family etc. but even then you are merely talking about a certain time window and they tend to become more and more indistinct.
Some people graduate college at 21, some go back at 35, some never attend one and still end up successful.
Some people have their first partner at 15 and stay with them until death, some sleep around, others have multiple long term relationships until they find someone they are truly happy with, others are entirely uninterested in the dating process.

We all have unequal lives with unequal starts and ends, sure there are certain societal rulesets and traintracks we tend to move on but they exist simply for ease of use and guidance.

tl;dr everyone struggles with different things at different ages, life is continuous struggle and improvement.
>>
>>21891175
this is just pure cope

if you dont have a wife and children by 30 youve failed
>>
>>21891142
Nah, the pic talks mostly in a romantic sense.
>>
>>21891150
Not him but is it really that unreasonable to refuse to lower your standards? I don't want to be with someone that will always remind me the fact that I "settled for less"
>>
I agree with the post. Some people have normal lives and easy lives because of their social environment. It's a fact. Anyone denying this is just lying to thsemself.
If you compare someone normal from a rich family to someone with a birth defect from a poor family, obviously life will be easier for the first one. Unless of course something very bad happens to the first one, but there are so many people in the world that it's stupid to deny that many people have an easy life and many others don't.
>>
>>21891175
Oh fuck off. Just because everyone has problems doesn't mean a non autistic person has the same struggles as an autistic person.
>>
>>21890815
Yes
The NPC meme is real
>>
>>21890815
no
Completely the opposite. This is some jewish subvertion
>>
>>21891557
Fuck you dumb idiot
>>
>>21890815
>is this true
No

Like everybody else, I have some advantages and some disadvantages. I was also a social loser that wanted a girlfriend.

So I made a deliberate decision to improve myself and went through the steps necessary to do it. There were a few setbacks, but I leaned from my mistakes and now have a wife, kids, and a very good paying job. I still have a bunch of friends, some from as far back as high school.
>>
>>21891606
That doesn't make it any less true. A lot of people were more fortunate than you and didn't have to put effort for those things. They put effort maybe but for other things.
>>
>>21891622
>more fortunate than you
true,

but a shit load were born much less fortunate than me also. I imagine being one of those truly retarded people, or just a regular dude that happened to be born in a horrible place and I'm going to spend my whole life hoeing in the fields with a stick.

So yea, it would have been nice to have been born as one of the natural "popular kids" but I'm currently happier and much more successful than most of those kids have turned out to be. I think the "hottest girl" is on about her 3rd husband now and she looks like shit.
>>
why did i have to be born this way goddammit why, everything could have been so simple and life could have so fulfilling WHY
>>
File: headout.png (779 KB, 850x1096)
779 KB
779 KB PNG
When someone says "just improve yourself bro" they mean "just be content with your social status and shut up"
>>
>>21890975
>self-improvement type people...arrogant...they do it to feel superior
You're a meth addicted bitch. lolololol
>>
>>21891704
I disagree. They mean take steps, no matter how small, to get where you want to be.
>>
>>21891715
I don't know man do you honestly think people one step above incels would want an incel to actually rise above them in the social ladder? If they did that who would be on the bottom then?
>>
>>21890852
Actual self improvement is confronting those fears and anxieties and taking risks anyway.
>>
>>21890815
When I was like 15 I was anxious about being a virgin. lost it at 16.

Can confirm that years of sexual experience shaped me into the pussy slayer I am today.

But at the same time sex is on a huge pedestal for virgins. It's soul-crushingly disappointing if you don't allow yourself to relax enough or can't vibe with your partner.
>>
>>21890852
Determinism is a part of our reality
>>
>>21891715
I read this book called Switch by the Heath Brothers and it has a lot of useful tips. That was one of them; if the goal seems too far away and daunting try setting smaller goals.

For example: instead of having the goal "have a nice group of friends and a girlfriend" maybe a more concrete goal like: "every week I will have a conversation with one different person" Gives you no wiggle room.
>>
>>21890815
I don't know about any other boomers here, but I remember the context and detail of every choice I've made to get to such a terrible point in life. It's not as if there's some perfect synchronicity with good parents, good looks, and good home life that just guarantees success in life. The only thing that happens differently for successful people is that they keep steadily working and engaging with others, which is basically how you give yourself social life insurance in case you're ever down on your ass and need someone to pull you up. It's hard to believe this when you visit 4chan to beat yourself up over this shit, but nonetheless it is the simple truth.
>>
>>21891778
Nope, that's just your mentality to convince yourself that you acquired things through hard work when it was actually luck.
If a person is born into a good family and has good opportunities and also is born with a good body and mind, life is easier for them. There's no way around that.
The same applies for the opposite, some people are just unlucky and no amount of effort will be enough to be as succesful as the first person.
>>
>>21890815
I almost agree but not entirely. People fall through the cracks all the time but the reasons are more nuanced than being "ugly". And I do agree that it would be sad to have to change your entire self to get a gf but the thing is most guys don't have to. I suspect when men complain about no gf what they really mean is women they are attracted to won't date them.
>>
File: unknown.png (84 KB, 229x214)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>21890815
Why do autists act like high school relationships were/are the peak of life? My friends all got into them someway or another, and they all broke up after 1 month to a year
>>
File: childan.jpg (9 KB, 210x295)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>21890908
hiding from the Kempeitai, are we?
>>
>>21890908
You have to take bigger risks.
Baby steps are fine at first, but eventually you gotta start walking and maybe fall down a few times mid sprint.
>>
>>21891827
>Why do autists act like high school relationships were/are the peak of life?
Cause it usually is the peak of their life, and all downhill from there. When you have income and choices, you tend not to hang around autists.
>>
Some people aren't cut out for relationships, it's just a fact. Advice isn't really going to help them.
>>
>>21891142
It's literally about relationships but you're choosing to ignore that so you can peddle your bullshit self-help garbage and stroke your ego.
>>
>>21891827
Because you're young and careless. You don't have to worry about impressing her with your income, or living on your own, or having a nice car, or going to a good school. You just have to be somewhat good-looking and funny. Then, once your training wheels high school relationship(s) are done, dating as an adult is more natural. When you're a virgin at 22 it's infinitely more difficult and embarrassing and awkward.
>>
>>21890993
I'm a 6'4 decent-looking virgin. I have severe depression and anxiety stemming from childhood trauma. I think I have a decent personality and don't immediately disgust people, but I'm extremely awkward most of the time and have no social circle. I haven't hung out with anyone in years. I probably will never make real friends, which means I'll never be interesting enough to get a girlfriend, which means that once my parents die I will literally be in complete isolation.

Being "tall and attractive" ain't shit if you don't have a personality/status to go with it.
>>
>>21890815
Yes it's true but only because 95% of retards simply don't think

>>21890832
>barely conscious
yes what this guy said

However -- that does not mean that there's no point to self-improvement. That simply doesn't logically follow. Just because 95% of retards "just go with it" doesn't mean that you can't improve yourself to get on their level. Difference is that eventually you will surpass them and they will still be acting like braindead retards

Retards who get girls without thinking just get other retarded girls who don't think

Count yourself lucky that you can think and improve yourself, once you max yourself out you will have a much higher quality pool of women to select from because you will have the AWARENESS that a lot of them are trash. Braindead retards don't have this AWARENESS
>>
>>21892015
Also, by the same token, most of men are trash

If this shit just falls into your lap, you never learn to become a virtuous person

Things may fall into Chad's lap but he's never had to actually build character
>>
>>21892019
good point actually
>>
>>21891003
No you're the one who's pathetic for allowing your self-worth to be dictated by the acceptance of another, especially women. Oh wow, you convinced some dumb bitch to let you touch your genitals with hers. So very impressive. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it feels great but it signifies nothing of worth beyond your own self-serving and arbitrary criteria.
>>
>>21890815
No, to pretend we are all born perfect and cannot learn from out mistakes is pathetic. The fact that tht OP of that post considers attracting a gf an achievement in itself is telling that he has barely achieved self awareness, and places relationships on a pedastal where it doesn't belong.

Not all relationships are created equally, love is not so simple where it exists as a predestined feat.
>>
>>21891745

Even if free will doesn't exist it is still operationally preferable to assume it is real.
>>
>>21891180
Well then I'm happy to disappoint.
>>
>>21891745
Determinism is a lie intellectually backed by the weak willed
>>
>>21890815
This guy isn't completely wrong but I think he's wrong about a lot of things. A lot of people are pretty normal when they're starting out. They have a fairly normal development as infants and they grow up into toddlers and then kids you see running around for a while. The problem in MANY cases comes from poor parenting and surrounding influential factors like other individuals that have a lot of weight on a child's development. These children grow up adapting correctly to changes depending how they face difficult situations. Some kids that are coddled up until they're say 8 years old live fairly peaceful lives and then they have their first physical confrontation and they get hurt. This is something they're going to have to deal with and this applies more to men than women. Men have to be psychologically more resilient in their youth to become strong adult men. Any of them that fail during this stage have to catch up as adults and in many cases they can fail to do so if they're surrounded by other competitive individuals.

So yeah, the dumbass that posted this isn't wrong about genetic dead ends existing but he has no clue how complex a human's psychological development is.
>>
>>21890815
It’s somewhat true but not really.
Normies largely do fall together, but normies also have horrible divorces, empty marriages, dead end jobs, unfulfilled lives.

Spergs think about things, just not the right things.

There’s a way to be happy but most of you won’t figure it out
>>
>>21892065
>Any of them that fail during this stage have to catch up as adults and in many cases they can fail to do so if they're surrounded by other competitive individuals.
I think I fucked up
>>
>>21891745
It is, but I think a lot of people like to use this term too much to excuse some of their weaknesses that could be lessened if not eliminated entirely.
>>
>>21892088
Based compatibilist
>>
>>21892083
Meaning?
>>
>>21892095
That statement is me.
>>
>>21891003
You forget, a lot of men choose not to. They know the risks that come from sexual encounters with minors. I think what really messes with their heads at 22 and beyond is making bad choices that could lead to a lack of life experience i.e work, socializing in adult only settings, and everything else you're not allowed to do until you reach adulthood.

While I don't think you need to do some of these things to be considered a man, if you don't know how to socialize with adults then you definitely have a problem and that problem could come from lacking experience or past unresolved traumas.
>>
>>21891717
>I don't know man do you honestly think people one step above incels would want an incel to actually rise above them in the social ladder?
One step above being an Incel is where you lose the zero-sum crab bucket mentality because it's retarded. Like Communism, it only works when the total number of people in society does not exceed two digits.
>>
>>21890815
This is one of those arguments where someone has taken a nugget of truth and turned it into a whole theory which is more suited to baiting than being taken seriously.

Yes, for the most part, people who were socialised normally growing up (e.g. attended school, had friends, weren't super nerds or geeks) will continue to be able to do these things "naturally" for the rest of their lives. It comes easily enough that they will rarely put any thought into it. They meet people, sometimes they get along, sometimes there's romantic attraction, but whatever the case they allow the relationships in their lives to form and fail on a natural course.

The difference for spergs is almost always just that they weren't properly socialised as a child. Remember that young children have a huge capacity for learning and taking on new information. You can literally watch it happening if you interact with a toddler. They do things, observe the result, and modify their behaviour, one bit at a time. As you get older you attend school and are exposed to a lot of other kids your age. Mostly this is the stage where people are made or broken. You either have the social skills to make friends now or you're always going to be an outcast. When you're young that's as simple as knowing how to share a toy or play a game, knowing the difference between playing and fighting, really little stuff.

And then as we got older our social interactions get more complicated and those who were left behind find it harder to catch up.

But that's not to say that it can't or shouldn't be done. As an adult you have the advantage that you can learn things with much greater intention. Social skills that you learn by trial and error over a decade can be picked up in a year or two by a determined adult with enough intelligence to watch the people around him and take that information on. The only catch is that it's hard, and that's what keeps people as perpetual neckbeards.
>>
I think some things come naturally and some things come easier and quicker while others take longer and need more effort. I know people who didn't learn to drive until they're 30, and some people never learned to live alone, stuff like that. It's sad that we put the ability to get sex on such a high pedestal. So in that way it would be sad for someone to "have to put so much effort in". But if you're a guy who grew up only raised by his mom and socialized by women you may feel like relating to them is more challenging or something for example. Just like if you grow up in a place with a lot of public transit it could take ages to get a license to drive because you never needed one.
>>
>>21892442
Personally I've had moments where I'm fairly decent at "game" or whatever, but unfortunately it's highly inconsistent. I've had women drawn to me for my humor, my words, my appearance or in some cases all of those things. But a series of really bad luck with women who were ultimately no good for me, combined with being rejected, and my reluctance to push for sex due to my own fear of what it seems to do to people (make them act like total retards, one or both of them gets really hurt) is what leaves me a virgin at almost 28. Some days I feel like an incel, but others it feels like something I chose. These days I don't know anymore.
>>
>>21890815
Yes
Basically if you are autistic or mentally stunted you should give up on chasing girls and chase something else
You might get one if you try really hard or get lucky but it's not worth the effort
>>
>is anything incels say true
>>
>>21890815
NOTHING you read on the web is true.
>>
I have done a lot of self improvement because I kinda fucked myself over with drugs in my early 20's. Got a career, job, house, started lifting and I started paying attention to what I wear. Unfortunately my autism (or whatever this is) seems to be uncureable and I have extreme trouble with connecting to people on an emotional level - something that normalfags have no trouble with. Needless to say, at 29 I'm still KHHV.
So yes, it is true.
>>
File: final blackpill.png (832 KB, 1009x6647)
832 KB
832 KB PNG
>>21890815
Here is a longer more elaborate version of what OP says
>>
>>21892963
I am unsubscribing from your blog, it's shit.
>>
>>21892972
If you don't have anything to say don't reply
>>
Why anyone would try to be normie in purpose and try to fit into society?

You know, there is a world outside of social norms, expectations and so on. In this world there are also girls, who aren't superficial chad chacers.

Just get into extraordinary stuff, like occultism, philosophy etc. and you will meet people, who don't care these social hierarchies based on your looks and status.
>>
>>21892978
>In this world there are also girls, who aren't superficial chad chacers.
Yeah all 50 of them

Women are extremely conformist and shaped by their environment
>>
>>21892976
Follow your own advice. Nobody wants to read your wall of text.
>>
>>21893046
You are just mad because he's right
Some people are beyond help
>>
>>21890815
The entire thread is retarded and you're retarded for posting it again literally nothing in this thread makes sense
>>
>>21892141
I’m not saying don’t improve yourself I’m saying the people who say “just improve yourself bro” don’t want you to improve yourself they actually want you to shut up and accept your role on the bottom of society
>>
>>21893099
Ok normalfag
>>
>>21892978
>Why anyone would try to be normie in purpose and try to fit into society?

This is realisation I came to recently, that I don't even want to fit into places where normies are prolific, let's say for example an office job with all the usual office politics, people bitching and yammering on about nothing all day, that in my eyes is about as 'normie' as it gets and I don't see the point in wanting to change myself to fit into an environment like that. No matter how good I get in certain social aspects I am always going to hate that kind of environment and it won't be good for me mentally in the long run as a result.

I like your post and main points and think there is something to be taken away from it for a lot of people in tricky situations. Sometimes you just naturally don't fit into certain categories or scenarios and that's fine, but it's not a great idea to try to change yourself to be something you're not. It'll make the person trying to fit in miserable even if he does succeed, at least in my experience

As for girls there are some which aren't chad chasers yes but to find them you need a lot of luck on your side
>>
>>21893100
Why would they tell you to improve yourself then?
Are you really going that far to justify not trying?
Cause if you don't want to, just stop whining and people wont tell you how to fix yourself anymore.
>>
>>21891180
>if you dont have a wife and children by 30 youve failed
enjoy your mid life crisis
>>
>>21892005
No, it would be worse if you weren't tall and good looking. Doesn't mean it can be bad as well, but there are heaps of studies on how attractive people and tall men get trated better by their peers than shorter, uglier men.
>>
>>21893413
But it's better to be short and attractive than tall and ugly.
>>
>>21893413
Social skill trump all that silly nonsense by heaps and bounds.
If you are a lonely loser now, because you are jarring and awkward, people wont suddenly start putting up with you just because you look decent.
You're not a girl.
>>
>>21893438
We're kind of assuming decent social skills here.
Either way tall and attractive people will be happier and more successful than their shorter, uglier peers.

>>21893417
Height is a component of attractiveness for men, but yeah really good looks will trump being tall.
>>
>>21893455
Only in the way that good looks are way more prevalent in men shorter than average to average, much fewer tall men have good looks.
>>
>>21892978
Because those people seem to win life. By which I mean they aren’t 89 years old screaming in terror or trying to download their brain into a computer.
They die happy and blissful.
Same reason I drink to lower my IQ before I hang out with people
>>
>>21890852
based and redpilled
>>
>>21892492
>virgin at almost 28
Me too brother, is there any hope
>>
>>21893526
Cope, not even trying to be mean, but guys like you need to drop the "I am just so intelligent, that's why nobody likes me" bullshit.
You drink to calm your neuroticism, simple as that.
Your conceit is what makes you so unlikeable, among other things probably.
Yeah, maybe it eases the pain of social rejection to just attribute some grande quality to yourself that makes you special and holds you back at the same time, but it isn't helping your case.
>>
>>21893612
Intelligent people are generally less happy in life because they feel alienated and isolated
Read this book
>>
>>21893623
What utter bullshit.
>>
This is just a post carefully written by someone who spends a lot of time on 4chan and knows how to exactly hurt their peers.

Just try to spend more time around people, and you will realize that being miserable is a condition that disregards any life box-checking or any level of consciousness.
>>
>>21893626
You didn't even read it
>>
>>21893623
Very self fellating.
If you were actually intelligent, you would know that you being isolated doesn't mean you are intelligent necessarily. That's just what you tell yourself to cope.
Calling yourself intelligent is what makes you unlikeable.
Also, highly intelligent people know how to play social games, cause they aren't hard to decipher.
Fellate yourself some more and see where it gets you.
>>
>>21893639
Just because something is in a book doesn't mean it's true. Especially a claim as dumb as this. What does that book say is the reason intelligent people are supposedly less happy?
>>
>>21890975
Self-improvement doesn't work, but at the same time when you are a disadvanted person, if you stop believing and you stop putting effort into it, you fall into a pit of complete despair and nothingness.
I wish I was still a deluded faggot who belived in self-improvement, at least I would be working at improving something and keep myself at base level.
>>
>>21892963

This is an excellent read, I see myself in a lot of it although I can easily make friends/ I'm pretty social and stuff, it's all a mask tho, I can blend in every environment I am , I've learned that I can manipulate certain situations to go in my favor ( I stopped because It was weird to say the least to see how easily people can be controlled) the truth is I can't feel anything, I've never felt anything due to my circumstances ( healthwise, growing up and so on ), I had to see stuff that kids shouldn't, what that guy says is basically true, your childhood and circumstances dictate how you will end up, that's the foundation on which you will build your "house" sort of speak, if the foundation is cracked from the beginning, there is so much you can do, but it is what it is, life goes on I guess.
>>
>>21893674
I have IQ over 130 and I find communication with normal people boring and tedious, you have average IQ so you don't understand
>>
>>21893698
Why doesn't it work?
>>
>>21893674
Spoken like typical NPC
>>
>>21893746
It's like with math.
Normal people go around saying "I'm bad at math".
Yet, the reality is that they never studied math. If they study math, they don't become the next Carl Gauss, but they become proficient enough, for example, to pass most undergrad college courses.
So, it's not that they were bad at math, they were ignorant of math.

At the same time, there are people who are bad at math that won't improve even if they study. These people are 100% normal on the outside, they may even be faster and talented in other fields, but they cannot learn math.
These people are bad at math and will never improve.

It's not just math, this is the truth for all fields and why self-improvement doesn't work. Of course you can work in certain aspects of your life, but you were pre-destined to improve with putting the work in that field.
Self-improvement creates the illusion that you can improve at everything you set your mind to, which is false.
If you were completely retarded with girls during your teens, you are not destined to be good at it. The price to pay to get to a base level is really high, and you may never reach it. It's a signal.
People should not waste their lives chasing things they cannot reach, but self-improvement teaches that. You don't need self-improvement when you are on the right path, because things improve on their own.
A person should go with the flow. A person should waste at most one week at something, and if he doesn't see results, it means that that something wasn't for him. This also doesn't mean that you cannot improve after one week and all skills top at one-week training. It means that results can be seen after one week. What are results, a person should learn how to judge it case by case. Now, that would be a usefull skill in life.
Also I'm not saying that things don't require effort, but the payout shows soon.

(cont.)
>>
>>21893792
(cont.)
Now, the problems with knowing this truth is that if you know you will never be able to obtain something you really want, your soul will get crushed.
Personally I did get some success with women when I was in my early 20s, but I had to put quite a effort into it. But I was lucky enough, because while disadvantaged, I still was not disadvantaged enough to never get to it. I also had some lucky episodes to help me.
Other people aren't that lucky, and it's not just a matter of looks, there are infinite variables that comes into play.
In the end imagine never being able to get something you really want and knowing you don't have any hope. This is why self-improvement is good to have, the human soul is not made to be crushed with the truth. Some people are just destined to work for something they can never obtain. And I'm not talking about the mere girlfriend. I understand why a person suffers because of >tfw no gf
but there are many other things in life that you cannot reach, and others can reach easily, and it will crush your soul if you put effort into it and see that you cannot reach them, or if you understand you cannot reach them.

That's why self-improvement is a lie.
I know it's not the most clear of posts, but I never verbalized this stuff before.
>>
>>21890908
Grow a beard and you'll look a thousand times better. You have a baby face.
>>
>>21890815
this is loser incel talk right here.

most highschoolers are depressed and full of anxiety
>>
>>21893807
Interesting, gonna save this for the future
>>
>>21893742

so do you have some kind of big fish syndrome going on?

if you find yourself to be the smartest person in the room and you are bored then you find a new room. your post makes you sound like youre one of those slightly above average people who gets off on mocking normal people, but youre scared to actually attempt anything greater than whatever it is youre doing - in other words, youre a coward and have resigned yourself to mediocrity.
>>
>>21893742
my iq is 2 sd higher than yours and the anon you're replying to is right.
>>
>>21893792
>>21893807
>tl;dr: I should kill myself
thanks friend
>>
>>21890815
Yes and no. He is correct that some people don't need to improve to get a girlfriend because all you really need to do is get to know the girl. You'll find a girl who matches your current circumstances and interests in the present moment. Most outcasts on 4chan overthink their situation, and automatically assume the girl they have a crush on has turned them down, when they haven't even spoken to them at all. Girls who give out dating advice do not help, as they only give datig advice in what THEY want in a male, and it won't apply to the entire female population as whole. Girls are not as black and white as the incels and r9k retards make them out to be. The key is to getting to know the girl, and then work from there.

But what he is wrong about is the self improvement aspect. He is a cumbrain retard in a sense that he thinks all self improvement is for getting sex.
>>
>>21890815
I love shit like this, and yes technically.
>>
>>21894087
Dont tell the pua community how to get pussy. I want more Eliot Rodgers in the world yes mommy. More incel violence please.
>>
Why havent you r9k fucks been terrorizing women??? I want more women getting shot and crazy incel fucklows committing violence instead of being gay. If youre not honest about raping and killing women, then at least be upfront about being gay holy shit.
>>
File: 1546206527352.png (44 KB, 500x338)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>21894307
>being this reddit
>>
>>21893526
>drink to lower my iq

Anon... it doesn’t work that way. Being intelligent doesn’t make you less social, being insecure does. If you want to think of yourself as intelligent, fine do so if it makes you feel better but stop using it as a goddam crutch
>>
>>21893742
My iq is 131 and I think you’re a faggot
>>
>>21891234
Lower your standards means to be open to a wider variety of people you wouldn't first think are good enough for you. Not to settle for trash and live unhappy.
>>
>>21893792
>>21893807
Goddam this post is full of so much shit. Anyone can learn any discipline unless you have some serious disability, which you don’t. Stop making excuses.
>>
>>21890908
Dude you’re good looking enough to fuck, just man up and get some confidence (or fake it) and you’d have no problem.

1. Be friendly and talk to everyone (girl and guy)
2. Tease girls, but not in a mean way, a good way to start a friendship and open the door to possible sex
3. Make the first move. Even with other dudes you haven’t met, be the first to introduce yourself and make small talk

I stress doing this to both sexes, because it makes you more naturally charismatic. Do this to just girls and it comes across has horny and desperate
>>
is it true or not?
>>
>>21894449
Lol, thanks for this I got a good chuckle
>>
>>21890852
Translation - i put in zero effort in life but by chance i was born with optimal genetics so fuck you how dare you minimize my (((accomplishments))).

Life and everything is predetermined. You are literally a chemical reaction. Free will does not exist, you are just a part of energy that convinced itself it was special and therefore was the only energy that ended up in this human loop. The people who still push this “I did It! I got a trophy and people said I won so I am the best!” Are the people who are programmed to worship nothing but the advancement of humans so other humans can advance humans so they can create more humans to advance etc etc. This is why 100% of these people have zero actual responses to “What is the legitimate purpose to having the ideal supermodel wife?” Other than attacking the question and the person asking it. “fuck you, cause that just is the point of life!” Is the average response. They could never understand that the idea of beauty was built into them through brainwashing. Its the same with say a brown colored car vs a red car, the red car is viewed differently because humans are mentally ill npc retards programmed by their money printing overlords.

Whats even funnier is the people who push the “You didnt try as hard as me stop complaining” bullshit immediately change their rules if they are hit by a car and end up paralyzed. “He ruined my chances of success so he has to pay!” Sounds awfully familiar to what you were just condemning. This is why I offer no sympathy to someone suffering from cancer a gunshot wound or loss of a loved one, that same persons life motto was “You suffered? You just didnt obey me enough. Do my work for me and build my paradise. Go get a job making my life easier, now!”. Not only do I not offer sympathy to these people when they suffer but I smile.
>>
this whole thread and site is just crabs in a bucket. you should always strive to better yourself. sorry for all you sorry lame ass losers who have given up on life, but you can make it better.
>>
>>21893095
I read the 1st few lines and all I get is "HURRRRRRR normies are of a higher caste and it's all predetermined and shit so I can't improve while le browsing le internetz so I can stay socially retarded and keep clogging me dickhole with cheeto dust while hating on people that have nothing to do with my problems HUUUUUUURSCUUUUUR I am le victim trad virgin 9/10 gf when?"

If you tryna kill yourself remember to not hurt/kill/traumatize other people, Quitter.
>>
>>21891745
There's no difference between strict determinism and free will, because "choosing" something willfully and "arriving at a decision" are logically equivalent. And we know, as in it's substantively proven, that prediction of a system with complex interactions is impossible even if you know exactly how it works -- and the only such things that we know to such depth are things like mathematical formulas and computer programs.

tl;dr determinism isn't an excuse to give up.
>>
>>21894566
You poor thing. Look where that thinking has gotten you.
>>
File: 1362646-dp_sandwich5.png (322 KB, 640x359)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
Every time I come to this board I want to blow my brains out. Despite trying to improve myself it becomes abundantly clear that it's been completely fruitless, and continuing with it isn't going to get me anywhere.
There's a horrible habit of posters trying to kick people when they're down and I just don't get it. Does it make them feel better? Do they genuinely think they're helping? I think I might just have autism because nearly every post I see here baffles me; I find it very hard to believe some people actually think or act the way they do. This, I think, is why I'm largely withdrawn from society.
>>
>>21890815
>naturally attractive
>smart
>was popular with girls even in preschool
>grew up playing sports, still work out plenty
>never had consensual sex
>had to endure shocking levels of mainly female perpetrated sexual violence, as well other unwanted attention, like catcalls and my mom grabbing my muscles
I don't know why I'm saying this. I guess what you perceive of people isn't everything and "gifted" people are mortal too.
>>
>>21895409
>had to endure shocking levels of mainly female perpetrated sexual violence, as well other unwanted attention, like catcalls and my mom grabbing my muscles
Kek you're such a bitch. Your horny mom must have made you skew gay. I grew up like you except I had tons of sex and my relationship with my mom is top notch.
>>
>>21895368
Don't listen to that guy, listen to something Bruce Lee said, or at least I think he did.

Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can.
>>
>>21895416
I tried to kill a grown man with my bare hands when I was 8.
>>
>>21894566
There's an easy way to prove free will exists. If you have two options, which one will you pick? Even if it was predetermined and you have a stack in your brain telling you what you will choose, there are too many variables that determine an outcome based on probability, you can't possibly know everything with only your human senses. Maybe fate is real but nobody knows what will happen because you are not omniscient.
>>
>>21890852
Based. People make too many excuses.
>>
File: free-will-y.jpg (513 KB, 1072x1071)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
>>21894651
Yes
>>
>>21894566
Retardpilled
>>
>>21890852
Based
>>
Why is there a limit to all these things? Why does it have to be "Oh if you did not have your first kiss before the exact age of 22 then you are fucked"? Our lives and experiences differ. We did not all get to meet the same people or go through the same things. Some people meet the love of their lives at an early age, some of them meet them later, some never at all either because of their stupid mistakes. As cliche and cheesy as it sounds, what I'm trying to say is work on yourself and improve yourself till you are HAPPY with yourself first before trying to "score" with other girls if that's what you like or finding the one for you. Me personally, I never could give a shit about sleeping with random women. I only recently turned 18 and for most of my life I have been a socially akward hopeless fuckin incel. But instead of being born into a chad, I decided to overcome my weaknesses and build myself to slowly but surely become one. I have a proper friend group right now that I still can't believe I earned.. I lived in a middle eastern country my whole life and was bullied as a kid for being that soft and weak "chicken nugget". I was in the sort of "ghetto" school for Arabs for a while. I had one good friend though, he stood up for me and taught me a lot and has been my friend for 8 years now. It's simple stuff like that you should appreciate. Eventually I went to a British school and was still akward and affected by my past bullying but I had HOPE. Instead of accepting it and becoming an outcast, I decided to give it my best shot because why the fuck not? Yeah I made many mistakes but eventually I benefited from these good and bad experiences until I reached where I am today.
>>
File: 891674.png (286 KB, 496x297)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>21890852
>>
>>21895579
I now have a group of great friends who always invite me to every single hangout and recently they went on a hangout without me (as I'm on a vacation in a different country) and they videocalled me and all waved to me through the call saying stuff like "We wish you were here man!". That's just one example of a nice recent experience I had which made me realize "wow.. I'm really not the same person I was".. From that friend group I had a big crush on one of the girls, and when I confessed my feelings to her.. It turned out she already has a boyfriend. But instead of just ghosting me and thinking weird of me like the girls I've asked out in the past, she instantly gave me a big hug and started telling me what an amazing person I am and how much she appreciates and is honoured that a guy like me confessed my feelings to her. She even said if she didn't already have a boyfriend she would have been with me instead. So yeah, I didn't let a few rejections and failures in my life bring me down. I still have my whole life ahead of me and I won't stop going on that path of determination. Don't try so hard at an early age to go for women. I believe you should just appreciate your life the way it is, do good for the world, make yourself happy, and eventually you'll meet that proper woman for you.
>>
>>21895587
Well.. I think I wrote way too much but hey there's my experience lmao.

TL;DR: Don't let others set your standards. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not other people.
>>
File: 1571945348230 woahnua.jpg (52 KB, 450x450)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>21892037
hello, based department?
>>
>>21895434
Everything that will happen HAS happened. We are just experiencing it linearly in time.
>>
Every time somebody correctly analyzes npc world : “ Hey! Shut him up! I’ve got a lot invested in this ride!”
>>
>>21895833
The illusion of choice is just the fuel for the useless energy known as humans. How the fuck is there this thing called Science where we study EXACTLY how things happen because everything repeats and we can manipulate matter based on predetermined rules , but because your child molester preacher told you that magic randomly applies sometimes humans are somehow exempt from these rules? When you drink water is it H3O sometimes? No? Thats because what that is is set in stone. You dont choose to buy a certain brand of water, that store has certain types that only ended up there based on the random arrangement of the earth then you make a decision based on whatever random attributes made you prefer the color green over blue. There really isnt even anything happening ever its just one big illusion. There isnt even a difference between any of the colors you see, its just nothing randomly rearranging itself. Its going “ If nothing then nothing, and your life is just that brief moment where you are processing the reality that this is nothing
>>
>>21890852
based. Time to tell those starving african children they need to try harder.
>>
>>21890815
It's probably true.
Who cares tho? Normalfags gonna norm
>>
>>21890975
>the self-improvement type people I've met in real life can be quite arrogant
Bet your goddamn ass son! I have a waifu and I feel superior as FUCK.
>>
>ugly
>chronic depression and schizoid thus awful personality
>health problems and allergies outta ass
I've made oath to myself to not date or pursue relationships in my life as there is objectively nothing good about myself. It'd be unethical and selfish of me to bother women in my current standing which is not gonna change. I consider it a good deed to this world.
>>
>>21891844
Fuck you, the latest season was ass. Especially the end.
>>
>>21896019
Starving children don't have personal agency. But see how you bring up starving children to cover for your own inaction. Such is the depth of your fear.
>>
>>21896249
schizoid here too and I don't think it inherently means a negative personality, I think a lot of people appreciate the lack of dumb mindgames and manipulation and are generally more honest and such, but yes I have also noticed a lot of people take offense when I'm clearly tired of talking to them for more than a couple hours, but I've definitely seen people out there who really appreciate a schizoid style personality
>>
>>21896419

Schizoid here also, I'm wondering, do you feel anything, I don't, that's why It's pretty easy for me to just stroll through this existence without being bothered by loneliness, and to be fair, I've yet to realize why there's so much fuss on the whole need a gf topic on this board, it's like a must-have in this life, can't these people just go on without having to rely on your basic primal instincts, or It's beacuse of our way of thinking that is abnormal?
>>
>>21895833
Nope, space age is new. The only thing that repeats is a human's life from a social and biological perspective.
>>
>>21890852
/thread
>>
desu honest this is actually probably pretty fucking true in average 'just there' fucking nowheres like themidwest. in places that actually matter, like the coasts, status (and implicitly how you compare) always matters
>>
>>21896735
I don't feel much, but I definitely do feel things now and then, usually only when I'm drunk though so drinking feels like a way to tap into being 'normal' for a little bit before I revert back to my neutral state. Not being bothered by lonliness I think is a big advantage of the whole schizoid thing in this day and age because lonliness is so common, it seems to mess people up so bad while on my side I'm pretty content all the time. Schizoid thinking and personality is definitely abnormal in this world and any time I've explained my point of view to people they look at me like I'm a freak, so it's definitely abnormal. Yeah the gf obsession in the world in general is pretty weird from my perspective too, I can understand it in that people may see themselves as failures if they don't have one... but man when you talk to a girl and really get to know her in my experience their personalities were all annoying as fuck and incredibly entitled, e.g. trying to tell me off because I didn't reply back to a text within an hour, the way they just demand you to perform or do things for them, or change the way you act for them because it makes them 4% happier, just not for me.

I didn't know I was schizoid for most of my life, so I forced myself to hang out with people and was constantly miserable, now I'm pretty much alone and loving it (for now), I do regret not developing more hobbies and stuff earlier in my life, do you have many hobbies or specific solitary interests? I'm really wanting to focus more on myself now with regards to that
>>
>>21895368
They do it because they feel good about themselves when they appear to be better than you and really make you feel like shit.
>>
>>21896773

You hit the nail on the talking with a women part, and when trying to explain your world view, Everybody was looking at me like wtf dude when I was explaining stuff , In terms of hobbies I'm afraid I'm the same as you, I do enjoy music, tinkering with it in regards of mixing, mastering and so on, but that's about it, I do want to try to learn to play the guitar seems pretty cool.
>>
File: 5b4cd44.png (1.71 MB, 1242x1426)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>itt:
>>
yes
>>
>>21891003
>>21890815
I'm a doomer and I agree. I'm seriously fucked up in the head. I never felt love in high school. I have trouble trusting being free and sexual with women. To everyone else these things come so easy. To me its nearly impossible.
>>
>>21894566
>You are literally a chemical reaction.
Materialism isn't a good way to apprehend phenomenology. Something is not "just" the sum of its parts.
>Free will does not exist
Whether free will exists or not (given a theory like eternalism is true for example), it is reducible to such an infinitesimal degree that it literally does not matter because you cannot physically comprehend the difference between one state and the other.
>>
>>21896378
Not that dude, but if you're so sure you have this down then maybe you can provide the critical insight I'm lacking.

I'm not shy. I'm personable, and I'm extremely good at figuring out people's motives and emotions. Nearly everyone comes to me to vent and ask for advice on everything (from finances, relationships, child rearing, even DIY stuff), and they keep coming back so it can't be especially awful. I have a high social standing due to my job and even within that job people look to me for stewardship, though such a role isn't required. While I'm aware these traits earn me no special privilege, I can't help but feel a little entitled in the face of so much evidence of my usefulness and reliability.

But then, I also crossed the wizard threshold last year so I don't know what to think. I'm being told two completely opposite things by my circumstances and it eats away at me. Is my self confidence deserved? Or is the whole of society humoring me like an obviously retarded puppy? How can I have the answers to everyone else's problems but still be at the elementary level regarding my own?
>>
File: batman ass.gif (1.02 MB, 500x211)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB GIF
>>21890815
Is it weird that I now feel superior to most normies? I'm objectively more attractive, fitter, more intelligent, and have had a more fulfilling life in the day to day and spiritual sense. They drink their problems away while I'm going to bed after finishing my latest book at 10 pm and waking up feeling like a demi-god for my morning run at 8 am. Yes I'm still a kv but at the decisive moment when girls began to notice my progress and mire me I shut them out, along with all the chads and brads that tried to interact with me as I saw how vain and hedonistic and really truly worthless their companionship should've been. Now every time I interact with them I feel every bit more divine compared with these spineless weak willed degenerates lacking in everything that I now possess and have to offer. They don't deserve me.
>>
bump
>>
>>21898177
cringe
>>
>>21890815
No, he's delusional.
>>21898177
So you don't know how to talk to people? Maybe instead of going on creepy rants on the internet you could work on that while pretending you're superior because it's a farce.
>>
>>21898734
>while

without
>>
>>21890815
>genetic shit
Someone doesn't know how humans work or genetics for that matter

low quality shitpost
>>
>>21899006
cope
>>
>>21898177
You are objectively not more intelligent. You are dumber than a bag of hammers.
>>
>>21894566
Couldn't have said it better myself
>>
>>21898705
>>21898734
>>21899136
Typical NPC responses
>>
>>21899159
What accomplishments in life do you have so far thanks to your intelligence? Degrees, a highly paid job, other success in life?
>>
>>21898150
You're not being told two different things by your circumstances. You're very competent in some areas of life and maybe have some difficulty with others. That's just like everyone. If you don't like being a virgin, what are you doing to work on that?

I guess one thing to make clear is that the premise in the OP image is just inaccurate for nearly every guy. It didn't "just happen" for me, like I was just sort of living and while I was living I was assigned women or something. I had to think about how to approach them, and what to say, and how I could make them feel good, and so on.

And there was real fear and anxiety about this, especially when I was younger starting out. This is where the OP image is most wrong. Casually and fearlessly approaching women (when you're starting out) is NOT normal. In fact, getting scared and talking yourself up and trying to control yourself before you go try and talk to a girl is an important rite of passage for young men.

And sometimes there was failure, and it was painful. No one likes to feel awkward, or embarassed, or like people think they're stupid. It's a terrible feeling. And if your traumas are really strong, maybe they're strong enough to keep you from trying ever again. But if you're able to gather yourself for another try, you can try to think about what you might do different next time. And if you do try again, you'll have discovered that you are resilient, and that can improve your confidence in its own way. And you might fail again, but you'll learn more and prove even more resilient if you try again. And eventually (I suppose depending on how quick a study you are) you might find success. It's not guaranteed, because there are no guarantees in life, but you up your chances by taking more shots and learning as much as you can from them.
>>
>>21893698
The fuck you mean self improvement doesn't work ?

Are you saying that I won't loose weight if I don't change what I eat for an entire year ?
That I wouldn't get fit I go the gym 3 times a week for a year ?
That I wouldn't become more knowledgeable if I read 2 books a months ?
That my social skills magically wouldn't improve even if I go out a talk to people every day ?

Self improvement doesn't work for those who don't stick to it long enough for the compound interest to kick in.
>>
File: 1571200273762.jpg (100 KB, 500x334)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>21891136
>The pic isn't entirely right, for sure, but the main point is the following: dating, having a significant other and having sex isn't hard.
For me getting /fit/, getting a degree and a well paid job was easy, but it's impossibly hard to get a date.
>>
>>21900125
If you're well below average in looks and don't have a personality or your personality hurts people then I can see you having trouble with finding even 1 person in a huge population.
>>
>>21900125
Being boring and insufferable is something that can be worked on.
>>
>>21899704
you could do all that and still be hated lol
>>
>>21890852
>>21891745
>>21894566
Yall missin the point
Our lives are completely decided perfectly, and are completely free
>>
>>21890852

Based
>>
>>21900148
>>21900215
I get disgusted by looking into mirrors so sure I'm ugly as hell.
I'm 28 yrs old and never had a single girl interested in me.
>Being boring and insufferable is something that can be worked on.
How do I work on this?
>>
>>21892983
>Women are extremely conformist
not really more often than men
>and shaped by their environment
So move to a different environment.
>>
>>21900222
And since when the point of self improvement is to magically become un-unlikeable ?
You go to the gym to get swole. You get swole because it makes you more confident, it makes you look better, and it makes you feel better. That's it.
You read books to become more knowledgeable, which in turn make you more capable of perceiving opportunities and threats, it make you able to discuss a broader range of topics, it makes you more capable of protecting yourself and those you care about, and so on...
>>
>>21900324
Do more activities, have a hobby, have dreams, go to the gym, travel, read, talk to people, etc...
You most likely heard those advices a lot, but that's because they're true.
True for those who stick to it and don't give up after not seeing a 180 change in their life after a couple of tries/ tring for a little while.
>>
>>21890852
about as useful as OP's image. People have different tolerances for risk taking and changes to society have ratcheted up the perceived risks, which is why stuff like OP's image is so much more common now. More people now see the Risk:Reward as being out of skew.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.