[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: FOKS1341.jpg (182 KB, 789x789)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
I've been doing some research on monk lifestyles, because I think thats something I want to pursue, but I can't find much on it aside from the first result of google.

What are some monk schools that would except a early 20's foreigner? I'm mostly interested in training the mind and the body
>>
with enough self-control, dedication, good internal dialogue, and patience, you can accomplish just as much if not more than going to some monk school. At the end of the day it all comes down to motivation and self-discipline. You dont need some old man in a robe to tell you how to live your best life you gotta figure that shit out yourself. Take some acid
>>
Start meditating and listen to Alan Watts, desu
>>
>>20793367
From what I understand, almost any monastic society will take you, as they are hurting badly from a lack of young people. Average age in Catholic monasteries is like 60, for example.

One quick google search gave this wikihow. Steps to become both a Buddhist and Catholic monk: https://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Monk
>>
>>20793402
My understanding of buddhist monks was that they will take and train foreigners but in separate schools from lifetime monks. It's more like attending a camp than the real thing.
>>
>>20793402
and my primary goal is physical training, I won't get that from catholics that mostly focus on religious beliefs.
>>
>>20793367
/watch?v=2to8cJdv17o
>>
>>20793586
nice vid but it doesnt quite answer my question.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.