[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I have the mental capacity to do STEM, but CS and Engineering make me want to kms. I want to make good money though. I'm European and gay idk if that's important
>>
File: 1555291487385.gif (835 KB, 300x300)
835 KB
835 KB GIF
Bump
>>
>>20792230
>I'm European and gay
Do gender studies and work in HR.
>>
>>20792343
The gay part was a meme
>>
>>20792230
No. Everyone these days goes for a business degree, thus oversaturing the market
>>
>>20792230
You shouldn't view your degree as the avenue to a well paying job. You should grasp a rough view of the job you want and fit the degree as a tool to get there. It's OK if things change along the way, but it's a better goal to set. A degree won't get you anywhere if you have no idea what you want to do with it beyond "make money". If you're not sure, you don't have to go to school immediately.
>>
>>20792343
I work in HR. It pays shit but its a comfy easy job full of sexy women.
>>
>>20792804
business degrees are useless anyways, you're better off just starting a business and using those 4 years to trial-and-error your business model.
>>
>>20793422
>business degrees are useless
Mostly yes but if there is a work placement as part of your degree it can land you a full job. Thats how I got mine. They just kept me on after my work placement finished
>>
It doesn't matter what you do as long as you don't get a meme degree like Art. Get an internship as early as possible into your degree. Gain experience in the field. It will put you leagues ahead of your competition when you graduate and also companies you intern with are way more likely to immediately hire you on upon graduation.
>>
>>20792230

Yes.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.