[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Snapchat-880898272.jpg (372 KB, 1080x1920)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
Just got a Standard RSX now as my daily, i cant drive stick but willing to learn etc. How can i learn how to drive this thing w/o begging for too much help from people ...
>>
>>20679685
Probably some instructionals on YouTube or Google. Look it up lazy fuckface. Ugly.
>>
Use your previous method of commute and practice driving around the RSX on empty road during nighttime. After a week of practice, you can decently use that car as your daily. Just don't drive too fast at first
>>
>>20679685
I learned on my way to work one day. If you've ever played a racing game, it's pretty much the same. Pay attention to the sounds of the engine, don't redline it, don't need for speed your car until you know wtf you're doing.
>>
>>20679685
>>>/o/
Or just have someone IRL teach you, a busted clutch is expensive and I wouldn't want to be behind you at a stop light.
>>20679758
Vidya isn't going to teach him which direction the wheels should be pointed in case it pops into neutral while parked.
>>
>>20679685
nigga you certainly have plenty of video on the internet .... I could teach you but you amerifag is far from europe
>>
Also slowly learning stick. Work has the opportunity to mess with trucks so moving a few feet is nothing. Shifting down in my buddies truck and then picking off again at the stop sign was beyond me without stalling. Just don’t get discouraged.
>>
loooooooooooool
>>
>>20679685
I got one too. Its fun
>>
If the engine is revving a lot upshift. If you feel like you have no power in your wheels downshift. Literally just depress the clutch and move the stick.
If you're starting up the car on a slope, start releasing the clutch and when you feel power in the wheels stop braking and start accelerating while softly releasing the clutch. If the car feels like it's going to stall accelerate harder.
If you park in a flat space leave the car in neutral, upwards slope first gear, downwards slope reverse.
If you're starting the car in a downward slope start in second gear.
Also when braking start downshifting to use engine brake to lose speed. And never go into a curve with the clutch depressed, always have a gear.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.