[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I graduated with an Econ degree last June. All I’ve ever done is wait tables. I had a 3.2 GPA. I didn’t have an internship. I still don’t have a job. Dunno what to do... I can’t seem to succeed in interviews because everyone is more qualified than me, even if I do get the interview. All my friends have big boy jobs but me. Help. I don’t want to be a loser but I am quickly becoming one.
>>
>>20679449
>I can’t seem to succeed in interviews because everyone is more qualified than me, even if I do get the interview.

Did you got an interview or not??
>>
>>20679449
The average job hunt - in GOOD economic times - is 6-12 months. Don't begin to panic until a year has passed.

The problem is ALWAYS at the level you stall. If you were not getting any interviews, there would be something wrong with your CV. If you're getting interviews, they've decided you ARE qualified for the job and just want to see what you're like personally. And that seems to be where you're failing. It is NOT that you're not qualified, but that you don't come across well in person.

Have you done practice interviews? Your college has a help-you-get-a-job office, and most will also work with recent grads. Go back and ask for help in your interviewing skills

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.