[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 53703dc.jpg (53 KB, 497x356)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
I'm high school student that wants to teach English in either Italy or Japan but I wouldn't know what to do besides going to a college.

Help
>>
>>20453443
Try to figure out which colleges have study abroad programs in those countries. It'll look good when you apply.
>>
>>20453496
What should I major in, English or their own respective languages?
>>
>>20453509
I don't think the major is as important, figure out which classes are taught in the study abroad program. They usually only have certain things you can study, so figure out what those are for where you're applying. If you can't get your teaching job abroad immediately after graduating, get a teaching job at home until you get accepted somewhere abroad. This is what my ex girlfriend did, it worked for her.
>>
>>20453443
You need a college degree to teach english in Japan
>>
>>20453566
But like in english right
>>
>>20453443
It depends on if you want to stay there long-term or only teach English there for some years.

Long-Term is very difficult in Japan as most of the programs there that let you teach English as a foreigner are very much laid out in a way that won't let you stay there after a period of time.
>>
>>20453592
Italy then
>>
>>20453592
I would like stay long term
>>
>>20453577
no, it can be literally anything. I know a guy that taught english and he had a degree in mechanical engineering
>>
>>20453611
What if I wanted to do both, would that be possible?
>>
>>20453596
I don't really know anything about teaching English in Italy.

If you would like to stay long-term it would definitely be easier just based on culture and language.

Definitely study English in College, ideally with a program that also focuses on teaching it as a foreign language - and pick up some Italian on the side. Maybe start studying it on your own now and then do some courses at college (maybe study abroad too).
>>
>>20453635
Thx, you have been helpful

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.