[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1535609731593.jpg (55 KB, 668x959)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
tdlr I dont feel the spark anymore.

But there's nothing really wrong with her. I recently delt with the loss of a loved one and delt with some other big life changes, which she was all there for. She's been great honestly. She's been supportive through my issues and I've tried to be the best partner I can for her. But I just don't feel it right now. The worst I can say about her is that she can be a bit naive and clumsy but that's the WORST. I should add were currently long distance right now but only for a few months. My concern is that I'm just feeling different now because of the recent life changes and things will pick up again. However, I've had this nagging feeling since October. I don't wanna break her fucking heart though, she said she loves, I'm her world and all that. Need help.
>>
>>20326876
Time to break up.
>>
gfs are like jobs

don't quit until you have a new one ready to go
>>
>>20326879
Anything in particular that leads you to that conclusion?

>>20326886
I don't know if I want another right now
>>
>>20326886
This is either really dumb or really wise.
>>
>>20326892
I think you should break up because you clearly see this person as a friend and your only hesitation is simply to save her from the heartache of being broken up with.
>>
Whatever you decide at the end of the day, commit to it and don't look back.
If you decide to break up with the girl, be ready for the inevitable feeling of regret and other really quite unpleasant emotions. You're going to have to have a lot of self control to not hit her up post-breakup... even if you NOW don't feel the spark at all, the idea and the potential for the spark that could have been, and was so close yet so far, is going to haunt you. So be fucking ready man... Just saying.
>>
>>20326905
Thanks I appreciate you clarifying

>>20326917
This is what terrifies me. Painful regret, thus I'm waiting to be sure currently
>>
Man, if you don't love her let her go, simple as that. But if you do end up regretting it, then that's just the part of you that wants to hold on. Don't let it control you. My advice is that you let her go and don't back. And question this to yourself, "What's the point in continuing this if I don't like her anymore?". It's your life, not hers, don't keep her happy if it doesn't make you happy, be fucking based and live your life for yourself and find what makes you happy.
>>
>>20327006
Thanks anon, well said
>>
>>20326876
Wait a while.
Really, wait a while. Time will help you figure out your feelings better. Wait for a month while putting your all into the relationship the way you used to, then ask yourself that question again. If it's not working still after a month, then you come to the gf and tell her that you are having trouble and something needs to change. Then you wait another month while putting your all into the relationship. If by then nothing changes, THEN you can break up. That way she'll have advance warning that it's going bad and will be able to prepare herself mentally, you will have the chance to be absolutely sure that there's nothing in that relationship that will give the "spark" back, and in those two months you'll have plenty of chances to consider counseling and gain a more proper understanding of your feelings.

tl;dr Give yourself a chance to sort it out. If that don't work, give her a chance to sort it out. If that don't work, leave. No matter what, don't leave her cold-turkey "cuz muh lief muhfugga", regrets over making such a decision too quickly will haunt you for the rest of it.
>>
>>20326876
I'm having the same problem anon, just hasn't been that long and we don't live that far away from each other. Idk what it is and I'm honestly scared. I love her to death, we just have different views on some stuff and I'm scared to loose her. Idk what to do

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.