[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Hand+w%2FPhone.png (14 KB, 300x300)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
The girl I've been trying to text with takes a lot of time to respond ( 20 - 40 minutes ), is she playing hard to get? Has she realized that I'm messaging her because I like her and just tries to ignore it as much as possible?

I'd like to text her more casually but what's the point of asking "What are you doing", for example, if she takes that long to respond?
Do I give up? What to do?
>>
Or is she just busy? This is the 2nd time I'm talking to her and she's doing the same thing as the 1st time.
>>
Have you talked to her more than 3 times?
>>
>>20324168
No. This is my 2nd time.
>>
>>20324156
Once a girl revealed to me that she was intentionally replying late because she thought I was intentionally replying late. Not saying thats what it is, but it could be..?
>>
Do you own a car and know what distracted driving is?

You sound like a stalker. Insisting that something needs to have a discussion with you.
>>
>>20324179
The first time I ever messaged her she took an hour to respond, after that I respond in about 1 minute and she in another ~20.

>>20324181
I know for a fact that she doesn't drive.
>>
>>20324187
OP, this doesn’t matter at all. Not everyone replies straight away. Nobody here can tell you exactly why she takes 20 minutes to an hour (which is not long) to get back to you.
>>
>>20324193
Yeah, but how do I start a casual convo then? I wanna switch from uni related stuff to more casual talk but what's the point when she takes that long to respond?
>>
>>20324195
Do you know anything about her? Stickers on her laptop? What music she likes? What she's studying?
>>
>>20324197
No stickers, idk, psychology.
>>
>>20324154
does she seem interested in the conversation when she does reply? or is it one word, disinterested tier replies?
>>
>>20324200
Just ask questions. About why she chose to study that, then ask a question based off that reply, etc
I don't know if it's how you're supposed to text, talking is easier in real life. But I just ask questions
>>
>>20324154
I tend to only get a couple texts a day, the constant text spam that was pretty Meta for the last decade seems to be breaking apart in favor of less contact all together.
I've also noticed my dates pretty much never check their phones on dates with me anymore
>>
>>20324154
Send pics of the convos so we can see better what you are sending and what is she sending to have a better idea.
>>
>>20324202
I would say it's a normal one line response to the message I sent.

>>20324208
It's kinda different irl, when you text someone that they know you're into them and I want to avoid it.

>>20324209
well maybe that's it?

Anyway anons I will be the girl now and I won't respond to you in the next hour or so, I'm off to run some errands. Will respond ASAP
>>
>>20324210
It's not in English
>>
>>20324154
Hard as it is to believe, there are some people in this world who have lives off their phone.

I often turn my phone off when I'm busy. And I make a practice of not answering/reading it when I'm with someone else, because courtesy requires my giving the real live person in front of me precedence.

Maybe this girl feels similarly
>>
Well, that's it from that. We exchanged a few more messages but in the end it seems like she just doesn't want to talk to me.
She mentioned how she needs to study all day tomorrow and I said something like "Well good luck in studying tomorrow. Yeah, I'm having a lot of problems with that subject as well, I don't like the professor at all, I don't know why.. "
She just responded "thanks"

I feel like I got rejected based solely on my looks, we don't know anything at all about each other past the names and how we look. I feel terrible.
>>
>>20324366
Upgrade your looks. Ugly people usually get rejected, but you can fix your ugliness to some point.
>>
>>20324370
>to some point
But when does it happen? I'm 18 already and I've tried everything.
I don't even think I look THAT bad. I'm short and underweight yes, but there's hardly anything I can do about it. I'm trying to gain weight and am working on it but I just can't do it.
>>
>>20324381
>can't eat more
Ok
>>
>>20324384
Haha yes, the good old "eat more" meme. I've been trying it, I'm exercising at home and it makes me hungrier, a lot hungrier, but when I eat more I feel sick and it seems like I'm going to throw up.
>>
>>20324154
just fucking lol @ this thread
No girl plays hard to get. If she seems uninterested, most chances is that she finds you ugly.
>>
>>20324401
Yeah read my >>20324366 reply
I know.
>>
>>20324408
She could be interested in someone else. It doesn’t necessarily mean there’s something wrong with you. Just move on
>>
>>20324154
HOLY FUCK A WHOLE 30 MINUTES? HOW DARE SHE!????
>>
>>20324418
this level of cope LOL
fucking normalniggers man
>>
>>20324418
I feel like there's always someone else, I'm always the side character..
>>
Some fucking Chad friend of hers now hit me up and told me to not message the other girl anymore. I might just kill myself.
>>
>>20324587
lol
>>
>>20324587
Really? That's pretty weird. Sorry this happened to you
>>
>>20324587
bwahahah what did you even say
>>
>>20324587
Don't listen to them
>>
>>20324587
Well what were you expecting anon. You should have known better. You already knew she wasn't into it.
>>
anon get strong /join a gym, thats what I'm gonna do, that way chads will at least think twice before disrespecting you
>>
>>20324587
lmao
>>
>>20324651
>>20324653
>>20324658
>>20324891
>>20324979
>>20325020
>>20325024

And now the girl messaged me and apologized for her brother's ( not friend ) behavior. He thought I was harassing her. Was this really what happened or did she just want to show of that she has a Chad brother who can dropkick me before I can say Za Warudo so I don't message her again?
>>
>>20324658
To him? "Ok, sorry you took it the wrong way I was just trying to be nice"
To her before? Nothing, only school talk. The most personal thing was me wishing her luck on studying tomorrow.

>>20324979
Yes and I did stop because of that

>>20325020
I'm 5'6'' no matter what I do Chads won't think even 0.33 times before disrespecting me.
>>
>>20325390
Just leave her alone man, she is not interested and her chad bro will fuck your shit up if you keep bothering her
>>
>>20325390
ask her why tf does her brother know about your messages if you're being normal
>>
>>20325401
I was planning on leaving her alone dude, I did leave her 100% alone when I wrote >>20324366
1 hours later the meatball messages me out of the blue

>>20325412
She said he "oversaw" don't believe it one bit but don't care anymore. I don't want to associate with people like that

And that's what I get when I messaged a cute girl I like, first and last time. I'll never get a girlfriend. I think I'm at my limit about looks, I can't change my height and weight ( I'm doing it bit by bit but it's very very slow )

I feel like a piece of garbage.
>>
>>20325422
Don’t give up because of this experience. I believe in you, OP
>>
>>20325445
I mean don’t give up on women. You can move on from this particular girl if you want
>>
>>20325445
>>20325450
I'm moving the fuck away from this one.
I don't know anon, if I'm 18 and still girlfriendless/kissless/hugless and a virgin I think it's about time to call it quits on trying to date. I think I'm the best version of myself I can be right now. I don't think that I'm ugly, I have normal features and have been told that my eyes are beautiful ( they are brown but somehow different ).
Some people are just not meant for love.
>>
>>20325481
18 is so young, you just don’t know it yet. It’s not the time to give up on anything
>>
If you feel disdain for your texting abilities, you should try writing every now and then. Stories, poems, doesn't really matter. Try and remember actual literature devices and shit like that tho. The more you write the better at texting you'll be.

On another hand, as others have also said, quite a few people ignore their phone. I, for example, have a reputation for being a terrible texter. In fact, if she's one of these people, she's actually doing pretty well at checking her phone. I'd say you're ok. Just practice your writing maybe.
>>
>>20325511
Check the rest of the thread friend, the things escalated
>>
>>20325481
What ever you do OP, DO NOT KYS, seriously, this is not worth it. From these posts here I do think you're a pretty nice person and that you just haven't found the one yet. Keep looking.
>>
>>20324173
I would just ask her in person but dont be autistic about it. Just jokingly say why do you take forever to respond. If you dont have the right personality you probably cant pull this off but that's what I'd do
>>
>>20324210
Someone will translate don't be a bitch
>>
>>20325397
You apologized to HIM?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Never going to make it.
>>
>>20325626
No, I'm done with her.
>>20325837
Nahhh

>>20325916
Yeah I sure did, I just wanted to end the whole situation as quickly as possible
>>
>>20325916
Now that I think about it, yes, it was strange, but it was the quickest way to BTFO them away from me
>>
>>20324154
>The girl I've been trying to text with takes a lot of time to respond ( 20 - 40 minutes ), is she playing hard to get? Has she realized that I'm messaging her because I like her and just tries to ignore it as much as possible?
What mentality is this? Are you serious?

You consider a 20-40 minute gap "ignoring you" or "playing hard to get"? What made you so fucking entitled? Do you think she is sitting on her phone ready to respond when you send a text?

>>20324187
>I respond in about 1 minute
Fucking obsessive. You know what would happen if she also responded in 1 minute? She would have her face glued to the phone forever.

You are the manifestation of insecurity and entitlement.
>>
>>20324154
I dont text my own wife for hours at a time, sometimes four hours becuae i am busy with shit.
Does your pathetic ass just sit around holding onto your phone like its fuckin attached to you? What a bitch, you remind me of a 16 year old girl. Better change out that tampon, and wash your sports bra.
>>
>>20324366
>I feel like I got rejected based solely on my looks, we don't know anything at all about each other past the names and how we look. I feel terrible.
But you wrote:
>She mentioned how she needs to study all day tomorrow and I said something like "Well good luck in studying tomorrow. Yeah, I'm having a lot of problems with that subject as well, I don't like the professor at all, I don't know why.. "
>She just responded "thanks"
This isn't a rejection. This is a "talk to you later".

Fucking incels. Girls aren't put into this world to please you. They have lives themselves. You expect her to respond within a minute, while reading up on fucking Psychology? You realize just how heavy that is, and how much you have to read? You would literally take up 60% of her time responding to your messages.

Jesus christ, guys here are fucking autistic, I swear.
>>
>>20324384
To be fair, I know that issue. I have issues with my weight as well, and I eat very unhealthy to stay at a normal weight (And even that fails).

This is a real issue, and most doctors just tell you to get a dietist, who will in turn ask you to make grand dinners for all 3 meals during the day, as if you never had to work.
>>
>>20326931
>Does your pathetic ass just sit around holding onto your phone like its fuckin attached to you? What a bitch, you remind me of a 16 year old girl. Better change out that tampon, and wash your sports bra.
This.

You are fucking pathetic OP. You can work on more than looks, and it sounds like your personality is fucking awful. Work on that instead, and stop being a little bitch.

I'm a femanon, and seriously, this is the exact type of guy I would avoid like the plague. Not because of your looks, you could be god damn Adonis for all it mattered, when you have this sort of personality, you are unsalvageable.
>>
>>20326949
Your mind is sexy.
>>
Mate calm down. Sometimes I don't reply to girls for over a day, and some girls even get back to me in 2 days. Most, of course, never reply else I wouldn't be lurking here :(
Don't worry about it, and don't try to seem desperate.
>>
>>20326927
I mean, if I'm at the phone at the moment she sends the message I won't avoid it on purpose?

>>20326937
Did you read the rest? of the thread? Things became rather complicated and I gave up on it.

>>20326942
Nah mate people think it's just "Eat more", gaining weight is harder than losing it, fat anons just don't want to accept it

>>20326949
Because you know a lot about my personality right? It's an anonymous image forum, I can ask whatever I want however I want. When she responds and I respond right away it does seem like ignoring to me.

>>20326979
I got over it, things escalated check >>20324587 and on
>>
>>20325481
You're an entitled sad piece of garbage
>>
>>20327910
It was on page 8, thanks for bumping it
>>
File: 1543005123009.jpg (102 KB, 750x508)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>20327922
np anytime anon :)
>>
Let this thread die, I'm fed up with seeing these incel tears all over my /adv/
>>
>>20324154
This thread doesn't deserve 60+ replies but whatever i'll add another one to it.

Time in between texts doesn't mean shit as long as she isn't leaving you hanging for days. I also often take anywhere between 10 minutes to 3 hours to reply to random texts that don't have any urgency to them. Yes, even if it's a text from a girl i like or i'm dating. People have shit to do in their lives and don't respond to random text messages ever 5 minutes unless it needs a reply urgently. Maybe OP should have some stuff going on in his own life as well.

Also, ask her out instead of worrying about this bullshit.
>>
Some people just aren't texters. Some are not quite as interested in you at the time. If you vibe well in real life, focus on that. Don't get caught up in the overthinking trap or get all anxious and clingy waiting for her to text you. You should be in a confident cool headspace where you can take or leave her.
>>
>>20327941
I'm done with her completely read from >>20324587 on
>>
File: qJYh6Q1.jpg (84 KB, 712x569)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>20327949
fucking pussy, letting chad dictate who you can and cannot text? get completely cucked
>>
>>20327959
It's her brother, that's the only thing I'm certain about.
I mean what was I supposed to do? She clearly didn't like me and when all the later happened I realized that she's not really such a nice person like I thought before so I just quickly escaped the whole situation.
>>
Nigga watch Corey Wayne. You need to fix yourself first before trying to date.
>>
>>20327986
Just checked him and nigga has a lot of vids, where do I start
>>
>>20327963
>I mean what was I supposed to do?
Not be such a huge fucking pussy that jumps at conclusions
>She clearly didn't like me
""Clearly"". You're mentally ill. What an autistic fuck
>>
>>20328006
>Not be such a huge fucking pussy that jumps at conclusions
The meatball literally messaged me, after never seeing him before, and told me "Don't ever message her again or you'll have a bad time"

I sure made a leap of faith to the conclusion there.
>>
>>20328000
Pick how to pick up women and how to be more confident. I suggest to read his books because it's the base of all his videos. Just know if you don't have shit going on in your life, dating isn't going to make it better.
>>
>>20328016
>if you don't have shit going on in your life
elaborate?

I have clear interests and hobbies. A few friends and am going out with them maybe once a week.
>>
>>20328046
Good that you have friends and hobbies. Do you have a job that you enjoy? Have you planned anything for the future? Are you okay talking to pretty girls?
>>
>>20328083
No job, started uni living with single mother and younger sister.
Nothing planed, maybe trying to go finish my studies in the USA but that's hard considering my financial status.
I'm okay talking to them, it's just that I don't have any to talk to.
>>
>>20328085
I suggest you to find a job first to support yourself financially. When it comes to talking to people in general, you ask them questions about themselves and repeat what they say to show that you're actually listening.
>>
>>20328113
It's uncommon to have a job while in uni where I'm from.
>>
>>20328139
You can try to get one. Also when it comes to texting to a girl you're interested, just set up a date and that's it. Don't try to force a convo.
>>
>>20328161
I'm under the impression that I always need an excuse to start texting and then, only after casually texting for some time I can ask her out. Never did successfully
>>
>>20328181
That's what Corey wayne talks about. You don't need to warm her up, just say this is anon, she will say she remember you, and they say when are you free to get together. She will give you a day and time. Pick one and set the date, then say you're busy and to take care.
>>
>>20328193
Too upfront mate, I'm not alpha enough.
Bookmarked the channel and will take a look at it later today, too many video tho and too long
>>
>>20324154

Just ask her out. Then you'll know whether or not she's interested. Texting is for after you two already have an established relationship.
>>
Continue what you're doing, but be a little more interesting, when she's hooked reply a few days late and if she asks say ' we both gotta keep it consistent' or something like that.
>>
>>20328722
This.
Too many guys use texting as a crutch because they are too scared to actually engage with a woman.
You will NOT be able to create serious attraction over text messages.
Pick up your damn balls and meet the girl IRL, for crying out loud.
>>
File: 1522423518782.jpg (115 KB, 732x720)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>20329035
I do notice that, even when I get rejected, women take me way, way more seriously than they do guys who approach with texts.

They get to talk about nothing over text, I get some sympathy flirting at worst and making her giggle or blush at best.
First time I got drinks with a girl, she knew I was crushing anyway, and we were acting drunk and silly, she made a comment about picking up women by doing what she does, "make them laugh so they don't notice how ugly you are." Quite intoxicated, I start emphatically stating that she isn't ugly, and it was the damnedest thing. She acts like such a jaded and worldly little intellectual brat, but she was really meek and cute for 7 seconds.
I can lay it on thick in texts and it just comes across as polite flattery Do it in person and they'll turn bright fucking red. I love it.
>>
>>20324366
>>20324154
Nigguh
You gotta relax
You're going in with the intention of getting a Qt3.14
How about you go in with the intention of makin a friend you can hang out with and spend time with in class
Don't chase em, let em chase you ;)
>>
>>20328844
That's awful advice.
>>
Just ask them out, no need to beat around the bush. Majority of girls know when you ask for a number, youre interested in them
>>
>>20324154
If a girl likes you she will respond almost instantly unless she is doing something important like work or a doctors appointment or something. When a girl takes forever to text back it is a surefire indicator that she isn't interested. I know from personal experience, my gf started taking a long time to text back right before she dumped me. I suppose it's possible you found a 1 in a billion girl that isn't on her phone constantly, but I doubt it.
>>
You guys still chimping here?
>>
>>20324154
Have you ever considered the fact that some people genuinely do not like texting? If she's interested in hanging out she's into you, that should be the deciding factor, not a bunch of meaningless words on a cellphone screen
>>
>>20324587
F
>>
This thread is still alive lmao
>>
>>20324154
Why does my gf HATE when I use correct punctuation and full stops in messages I send to her? She also gets mad if I don't use emojis.
>>
>>20332374
Because she a thot

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.