[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: hur.jpg (156 KB, 591x428)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>ahaha murder is fun look I'm such a psycho yes blood and suffering so fun look at this cool shot of me in blood with this stupid smile on my face

Even worse if it's a young boy or "cute" girl
>>
File: 1527044101709.jpg (69 KB, 387x411)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>If you kill this person that has murdered x many innocents, you'll be just as bad as they are!
>>
File: 1552296050471.jpg (56 KB, 728x546)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>side characters do something nice
>mc looks at them in awe and smiles
>"Minna..."

>OP plays during the climax at the final episode

>character explains another characters thoughts and feelings to them

>random dudes approach girls in public
>they are just cheap bad guys that are completely vile and rotten
>>
>all hapas have blonde hair and big tits

>>185849031
oh god that was awful in FMA
especially since he already deep fried one of them and they didn't bitch at him for it
>>
File: 1530054912202.jpg (130 KB, 884x793)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>185849031
>>
File: 1551808328149.jpg (61 KB, 617x617)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>185849031
The worse trope in existence.
>>
>>185849031
This can work to put the character on a higher moral ground, but it's usually done so badly it just make you angry instead.
>>
>>185849156
Way to miss the point. When he killed Lust he was saving hawkeye. When he was killing Envy he was doing it out of spite and hatred, envy was defeated already.
>>
>>185848810
>Engrish
It's far too cringeworthy and pathetic to me
>>
>>185848810
It can be nice if that character gets exactly what's coming to them and aren't laughing when they're on the other end.
What happens to Clementine in Overlord, for example.
>>
>>185849851
Almost as cringeworthy as americans speaking "english".
>>
>>185849960
Also Clementine is clearly mocking the trope. She makes up a tragic backstory, just to reveal it was bullshit and she's just crazy.
>>
File: 14.jpg (284 KB, 600x800)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>185848810
>>
File: Boned.jpg (40 KB, 945x531)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>Misunderstandings that can be explained within a minute causes unneeded amount of drama between the characters
>>
File: 1517164127932.png (489 KB, 459x457)
489 KB
489 KB PNG
>>185850503
>gamers!
>>
File: partyvan.gif (352 KB, 240x184)
352 KB
352 KB GIF
>>185848810
I am evil and mentally unstable!
>starts licking things with over-length tongue
>>
File: 013.png (192 KB, 376x448)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>185848810
>person's set up to lose in a romance manga
>drag out the inevitable heartbreaking scene for ages on end while teasing their feelings
>>
>>185848810
>say something cheeky
>dramatic close up of tongue sensually brushing across lips
Every fucking time
>>
>>185848810
Yeah those australians are crazy
>>
>>185849035
>OP plays during the climax at the final episode
That's hype as shit
>>
>>185849156
>>all hapas have blonde hair and big tits
How much european would you need to have in order to have someone who is nominally of japanese descent to have blonde hair, blue eyes and perhaps even big tits?
1/4 jap?
1/8?

After Nisekoi I've always been curious.
>>
>>185849996
Fuck off. We invented english.
>>
>>185850996
1 drop
>>
File: cringe.png (237 KB, 600x375)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>185850896
>Your guts have such a lovely color
>licks lips
>>
>>185851018
>Low quality bait
>>
File: 1533561912669.jpg (61 KB, 836x703)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>185851018
>We invented english.
>>
>>185848810
This killed Kill la Kill for me. I still enjoyed the ride but it went from 9/10 to 6/10 as soon as Nui became a major character.
>>
>>185849035
>OP plays during the climax
>The MC still jobs
>>
>>185851352
>185848810 (OP)
>Nui
what the fuck are you talking about? Nui can be anything but she is certainly not a Crazy Yandere
>>
>>185851018
peak muttism
>>
>>185851492
How long has it been?
>>
>>185850092
yikes
>>
>>185851352
You disliked her that much?To be honest,I would have preferred if they went all the way with her and just assasinate Ragyo because suddenly gained consciousness or something.She'd still be evil,but would be her own fleshed out character instead of obeying Ragyo's every wish.
>>
>>185850503
This happens in literally every romance anime I watch. Most of the times it acts as a tool to introduce NTR bait.
>>
>>185848810
>tropes
I have grown to dislike this word because of people like you.
>>
File: chair.jpg (142 KB, 1500x1162)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>185848810
A better question would be why you hate things you do. Absolute hate, even. Does a young boy or a cute girl being a psycho have some personal significance to you? Does it remind you of your own youthful edge? Does it resonate with a memory of your own sadism? Your own desires to lash out at the world?
>>
>>185851018
I don't have enough anime girls laughing.
>>
File: Rnjq5Sm_d.jpg (42 KB, 503x700)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>he's nice
Fuck that shit, and more when they make the MC the only decent guy in the entire world.
I hate Rito so much.

And I guess pic related counts too.
>>185851666
Almost three years worth of salt, this really broke the fandom worse than BW and gave birth to SM.
Did you enjoy the shitstorm created by it, Satan?
>>
>>185850996
>blonde hair
Technically possible with a half/half Japanese/Whatever and blonde, but damn unlikely.
There are ethnic Asians who have naturally blond hair but Japanese aren't among them and Japan has been highly insular for a long time. It's a recessive trait so it needs to come from both sides. Recessive traits can carry over and "jump" generations before they manifest again, but even if some ancestor had blonde hair among people in whose genetic makeup this is next to nonexistent, it would be exceedingly rare
>blue eyes
Same
>big tits
Nips have these on their own just as places where bigger breasts are the norm have flatties. It's just rarer than somewhere else in the world
>>
>>185849475
Not to mention Hawkeye promised she would kill Envy herself. The scene was not suggesting that killing is bad or that Envy should be spared like true examples of the trope would entail. Instead, it was establishing that Mustang killing Envy out of personal need for revenge would be a breach of his commitment to only use his flame alchemy in the effort to become a just leader for the country.
>>
>>185850791
and then it ended like nothing ever happened
>>
>>185848810
shiro is based faggot
>>
>>185853125
>>185850092
>>
File: butternuts.jpg (63 KB, 768x1024)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>185848810
>character is half japanese and half white
>japanese father/white mother
>>
>>185853557
I'm sure there are cases where it's the opposite, but honestly I can't think of any
>>
File: 1.jpg (131 KB, 720x607)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>185848810
>>
>>185850975
It was when TTGL did it a decade ago.
Nowadays even cgdct shows do it. It's become a cheap trick and has no impact if the show isn't good and the climax is well made.
>>
>>185853668
Miki's parents in Devilman Crybaby were WMAF
>>
File: SmugIris.png (325 KB, 1024x576)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
>>185852192
>broke the fandom worse than BW
Fuck XY and it's fans. Worst season.

t. Enjoyed BW
>>
>>185853714
He licked the side of the knife, not the sharp part. Would the poison even affect him if the tongue has no scratches?
>>
>>185854496
>both the MC and main girl have only one personality trait: nice
>the MC is somehow able to inspire his friends and enemies alike by being some basic bitch shounen protagonist
it happens every time and every time I don't believe it one bit
>>
>>185854853
At least it's more tolerable with a FeMC because Japanese society expect females to be meek and sumisive and having a personality is a big turn-off for Japanese men but a guy getting pussy and blowjobs for being "nice" is too ridiculous
>>
>>185849031
this is literally the only example i know of where it does not happen in pg western media
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOOsQQ65xZ8
>>
>>185848810
>romance is pure, so we have take it slowly to know each other
>no kisses allowed or any lewd
>>
>>185848810
>with this stupid smile on my face
I can't help but to find those type of faces punchable almost every time.
>>
>>185852144
No, I agree, it’s pretty common for people to hate this because it’s not believable, entertaining or endearing and trying to make it so by using a cute girl or kid is max disingenuous
>>
>>185849035
>>OP plays during the climax at the final episode
That shit ruined the Boros fight for me in One Punch Man
>>
File: Spoiler Image (332 KB, 434x654)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>185848810
>cute girl covered in blood makes psycho smile while laughing maniacally
>immediate silence and look of terror at all the pure fucking rage the MC is putting out
>>
>the camera panning across multiple characters in reaction to something that happened/was said
>every fucking single person has to make a nondistinct sound, grunt or sigh as their turn comes
>or even worse, they all have to repeat the name of the character they're reacting to
Just why?
>>
> character speaks aloud what is supposed to be an internal monologue
>>
File: 20190119_022324.jpg (72 KB, 704x634)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>185849031
I get ALL the brownie points for realism but when I do an unrealistic twist with a sword then "dude, it's fantasy".
>>
Do evil Lolis count?
>>
>>185855856
its funny when other characters hear the mc doing this and think hes a weirdo like in re zero
>>
>>185849996
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>185849851
> Engrish
Depictions of non-jap religions are worse.
>>
one eye wide open, one eye half closed to show character is crazy
>>
>No way, he's gonna use THAT?
>Hmm, he's really about to do THAT, huh...
>B-but if he does THAT, then...
>>
>>185849031
Reminder the "revenge is bad" meme has always been pushed by people in positions of power (including Gandhi, the nominal ruler of India) who don't want common people punishing them for their misdeeds.
>>
File: 1542375577706.png (296 KB, 705x494)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>185849031
Fuck that trope, if the character decides on the wish of the someone that the revenge is for against going for the kill, or something, sure, but lets not pull that card because "muh morals".
>>
fist clenching
>>
>>185855542
> and trying to make it so by using a cute girl or kid is max disingenuous
I think op had a problem with crazy laughter, screaming about how cool and fun it is, joker smiles and lip licking.
There is nothing wrong about unpredictable maniac killers(even cute lolis in that role) as a character, its their depiction many would like to see fixed.
>>
>>185854392
It's apparently "coated" in poison, and I'm presuming that he might have ingested it upon swallowing after licking it. If it's a truly lethal toxin that can kill almost instantly like it was in the show, I'm sure it'd be more intuitive than requiring it to be delivered via cut. However he was a bandit, and it'd be more difficult to stuff poison into some passerby's mouth than to stab them once and watch them drop dead in seconds.
>>
>>185854208
Don't worry, anon. It's okay to have shit taste.
>>
>>185855665
If you hate this trope, you are a faggot of immeasurable order and deserve no happiness in life.
>>
>>185855665
This page is the only instance where I got up from my chair while reading and screamed
>>
>>185848810
>character wants to prove he can be strong without special powers or talent
>is talented and has special powers
NEJI WAS RIGHT
>>
>>185848810
>Character gains a massive power up because of "muh friends"

Fucking hate this trope. At least a character like Bardock wanted to avenge his friends and save his planet but died without really doing anything.
>>
>>185855665
How does it feel to be a tremendous faggot? Lost Children is peak Berserk and that page is the hypest shit, you pleb.
>>
>>185856892
did kenichi pull it off or was hard work considered his special talent
>>
>>185855665
Anon, this is supposed to be the bad tropes, this there though is a quality one.
>>
File: 1474586764499.jpg (29 KB, 600x456)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>185848810
>haha how did you know i was here

>your "sakki" is all over the place haha
>>
>Enemy starts powering up.
>Character just stands there, lets it happen.

Every goddamn time, atleast go through the effort to give a reason WHY they cant stop it, not just have them stand around.
>>
>>185857014
can't get close, aura too strong
>>
>bullies whether they are women or children are shown as infuriating as possible
>Show them rubbing in whatever it is that is meant to be upsetting
>They all gloat with creepy stretched smiles while making those big eyes with small pupils look
>When MC bests them their defeat is drawn out as if it's even satisfying.

It's just annoying and tiring. It makes no sense. Nobody acts like that, so maliciously with a smile.
>>
File: stonecoldfinger.jpg (15 KB, 221x360)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>185848810
>Irredemeable evil fucker dindu nuffin because muh sad past
>>
>>185857014
Anon don't you know that's rude as hell, have some class man
>>
File: HYD.jpg (256 KB, 1200x768)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>185857074
Bullies always get the girl in shoujo mangas but the vast majority of the readership is totally cool with that
>>
>>185857048
well it's not like that aura is gonna get any less fucking string once he finishes powering up
>>
>>185848810
It's even worse when they don't do the psycho grin and just have some sort thing like
>Teehee, did I do that, I'm so quirky
instead
>>
>>185856334
>that technique will shorten your life MC-kun Q_Q
>>
>>185855665
I miss old Berserk.
>>
File: 3.png (41 KB, 189x208)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>185855665
>>
>this magical overpowered skill has an integer hardcap on uses so I don't have to write better
>>
>>185850092
>>185850092
>>185848810
>character is crazy
>one eye is more closed than the other
>>
>>185857201
ouch, also
>you made me use % of my power, i better get serious now.
>>
>>185855608
That's actually one of the cases where they do it right. The action is synched up to the song.
>>
>>185856240
>>185857229
read this series to be mad all the time
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=152659
>>
>>185857290
This is great tho, always hype.
>>
>>185857291
because it's actually great tool and that guy just consumes too much garbage anime, it was great in ttgl, jojo 2, one punch man, even konosuba.
I can't even remember off the top of my head bad examples that didn't work and weren't liked by everyone. Probably cuz I don't let garbage live in my head rent free until final episode.
>>
File: 1528058889380.png (371 KB, 466x422)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>185857303
Oh god, even the cover.
>The Hero Who Seeks Revenge Shall Exterminate with Darkness
Literally "If you kill this person that has murdered x many innocents, you'll be just as bad as they are!"
>>
File: ainz.jpg (63 KB, 1024x576)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>MC is overpowered
>MC wins nearly every single fight effortlessly
>there is no one that actually poses a threat to the MC
>you only realize this as the series goes on and the tension evaporates completely
>>
>>185850092
Cut my life into pieces.
>>
>>185857448
if you didn't speedread you would've known overlord was like that since day 1
>>
>>185848810
>Even worse if it's a young boy
Any series with blood-covered crazy shotas? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>185857448
It's a comedy series
>>
File: overclap.webm (2.86 MB, 1280x720)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>185857878
Finally, now it all makes sense
>>
>>185849031
Its even worse when they kill a bunch of mooks but stop short at the person responsible for all the killing
>Dororo
>>
>>185857448
>literally the point of the series from page 1
>>
>>185857448
At least we know Elf king is a player too.
>>
>>185857911
I don´t know, i would call the anime a unintentionally funny tragedy if anything.
>>
>>185857075
>sad past is something anyone with the emotional fortitude of anything that's not a clingy teenager could overcome
>>
File: 1546979159065.jpg (38 KB, 480x482)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>the nice character goes insane moment
fuck this trope
>>
File: 1537949428873[1].png (2.97 MB, 2000x1431)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB PNG
>>185857911
That shit is a fucking crime.
>>
File: 61039l.jpg (134 KB, 401x600)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>185857448
Should have posted this shit. It was long ago, but i still remember how bad it was.
Mc is absolutely perfect, there is no mysteries for him, and there isnt even spectacular fights there. He just stomps everything in a mundane manner. Not one-punch "mundane", really just bland. "oh this guy is so strong and dangerous better watch out", mc comes in and biggest fight in the series ends before really starting.
He even gets to resurrect people almost without limits in addition to all his powers.
They said novels are super good, but anime didnt sell them to me.

Overlord(1st season, didnt watch more) at least was mildly entertaining in everything besides "main plotline".
>>
>>185855665
Look at how fucking excellent this page is
>>
>>185850996
>two 1/2 nip 1/2 euro people who both have a recessive blonde allele have a child
>their kid is still 1/2 nip 1/2 euro but has a decent chance of blond hair
Convoluted, but possible. speaking from personal experience as 1/4 asian i had blonde hair as a young child before it turned brown
>>
>>185858068
>b-but he's so hot/she's so kawaii
>stay salty rostie
>geez, you're so immature; my husbando is too complex for you
>>
>>185852144
Not OP but 99% chance that depictions of such character are utter shit, if I see another one in the next anime I watch, I would feel tired before even start watching.
>>
File: 1522365309020.png (178 KB, 414x452)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>185850654
>>185848810
>>185850896
>>185857229
>ITT: Tropes you absolutely hate but your dick loves
>>
>>185849031
the only trope that never fails to make me angry
>>
>guy recieves vague warnings constantly, and when he asks for clarity he doesn't get it
>>
File: Q done right.png (283 KB, 896x2600)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>185858421
If it wasn't for the multiple statements, interviews and behind-the-scenes shitting over Shinji, I'd think 3.0 is a deconstruction for lack of a better term of this bullshit but instead is played straight
>>
>>185848810
>character smiles for no reason to let the viewers know the character is evil

>a fuck ton of unnecessary veins or lines on a character's face when they go full retard evil

>main girl isn't best girl

>next season never/anime cancelled
>>
File: 1520353941684.jpg (60 KB, 400x593)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>fireworks
>everyone stares mouth agape as if they'd never seen the fucking things before
>scene takes forever because they just can't get enough of showing the viewer/reader how amazing fireworks are and how significant it is to the characters
the sole instance it has EVER worked for me is in Kaguya, because it actually was significant and the context made it meaningful
>>
File: 1516907275003.jpg (70 KB, 728x611)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>character that can't cook well cooks
>it looks like something out of a gory horror film
>or it's almost black in its entirety
This was never funny. Also if someone is that bad at cooking why would they even serve the shit they make, let alone even attempt to cook?
>>
>>185853668
Chitoge Kirisaki. Mother is Japanese, father is American.
>>
>>185848810
>being a sperg is funny
>>
>>185853668
Mari from love live sunshine.
>>
File: 1536146746094.jpg (9 KB, 211x239)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>Boring ass character who's only likeable trait is being kind/pure in the most token way possible
I mean nothing wrong with being a nice person but it's not like it's impossible to have a sense of humor or some charisma while also being kind.
>>
>>185858592
This one. Right here.
Well, I'm fed up with most generic (usually romance) anime tropes like that anyway
>>
>>185848810
>a ton of beautifu girls collect around a boring protag with no interesting features
>>
>>185858592
Seriously, what is with nips and fireworks? The last time I enjoyed looking at them was when I was like 12 years old.
>>
>>185849228
This. It's only bad when the characters just say "you'll be just like him!" and don't explain how or why. Even more baffling when the hero has killed some scrub enemies, but for some reason can't axe the villain. If the character's already killing somewhat indiscriminately, that can work since they're reaching the critical point.
>>
>>185857229
I like it
it depends of the context
>>
>>185858811
>>185858866
These two go hand in hand
>>
>>185858421
>mc gets thrown into a situation he doesnt understand but somehow has power to affect
>doesnt care about understanding anything but still wins everytime
>>
>>185858879
Japs get super excited over a lot of shit that's not terribly interesting for most other people for some reason, like trains and fireworks.
>>
>>185855665
I just remembered I haven't seen a new Berserk chapter in a while
>>
>>185849035
Nanpa is (was?) a real thing. It's not about being evil, people (used to?) do it to find a girlfriend. Supposedly it even worked from time to time. Obviously it's exaggerated in animu.
>>
>>185858899
God I wish that were me
>>
>>185858879
Well most characters are around 12
>>
>huh, what was that?
>n-nothing...
drives me up the fucking wall
>>
>>185858899
I dunno why but I wanna throw a brick at that girl's face.
>>
>>185858421
me shitpostin on /a/ then complaining on /qa/
>>
>>185854392
Supposedly something that is lethal both when ingested and when it gets into bloodstream.
>>
>>185859088
I've met a guy who had done this to me in real life, holy shit, I have never wanted to cut someone's tongue out more.
>>
>>185856892
This, just how many people work hard without amounting to anything? It's NOT enough for success. You NEED talent. Genelets cope by pretending they have a chance.
>>
>>185857074
>animu is exaggerated
Really makes the noggin joggin'.
Bullies don't cackle, but they do sometimes laugh after humiliating someone.
>>
>>185858866
Stop watching things you do not like. And no, this advice does not apply to most other posts in this thread.
What you described is not a minor trope that comes up for a minute once in a while, its a pillar that has whole peculiar subgenre centered around it.
Anime originally targets very different audiences. You here, on the other hand gobble up everything that comes out - from literal cartoons for preschool children to teenage girl dramas, from repetitive glorified video/card game ads to softporn.
And when some turd of a show gets stuck in your throat, you act all surprised. You should not, because that means it simply was not meant for you.
It is not hard to identify what show is what, either by having some anime experience and just looking at it or reading synopsis.
>>
>>185855095
Damn, now I wish I watched that movie.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (101 KB, 631x476)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>185858385
>>
>>185849035
>character explains another characters thoughts and feelings to them
I love this trope, it's so useful. Plus if they didn't do this in manga & anime, I'd probably be more of a sociopath.
>>
>>185859500
Relax, sperg-kun. I don't watch this sort of shows. I drop the minute I see this trope.
>>
>>185859379
Social darwinism is the elite's justification for maintanint the status quo. Even in Japanese history you can find plenty of examples of low class BTFOing the elite. Nobunaga Oda was the son from the lord with a small land without connections to the Imperial family, Hideyoshi Toyotomi was a poor peasant and Ieyasu Tokugawa had to falsify documents claiming he was related to the Imperial family in order to become shogun. The Meiji restauration was done by low class samurais. It's just that Japan can't get over its feudal mindset and they're ruled by literal nazis
>>
>>185859595
>I'd probably be more of a sociopath
confirmed underaged who routinely opens one eye wider than the other while smiling
>>
>>185859003
>from time to time
Bullying a girl into being your gf is picking up girls 101
>>
>>185859640
He is probably autistic and needs shit explained to him.
>>
File: why I oughta!.jpg (44 KB, 496x600)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>185848810
>girl closes her eyes
>tilts her head slightly while keeping her eyes closed
>makes an anime noise
>>
>>185857074
Confucian societies behave exactly this way
>>
>>185858592
Paranoia agent is an exception
>>
>>185858252
The novels are really good and it's easier to circle-jerk and accepts the mc's overpowered nature in novel form. Trust me, the novels help you forget that you're reading a novel and you start getting absorbed into the world of the overpowered mc and his super beautiful overpowered bro-con sister.
>>
>>185859642
See >>185857125
>>
File: 1531346437249.jpg (383 KB, 1280x720)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
>>185849031
This so much. It's fucking awful.
>>
>>185857074
I never found that sort of shit satisfying in any way, same with the mc or some "badass" beating some random goons as if it was impressive or anything.
>>
File: 1549552721440.png (1.04 MB, 1920x1079)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>tfw actually like the crazy murderous girl trope
>>
>>185855095
Pretty savage. Surprising how it actually goes that far. Of course it gets a pass on graphic violence since they're not human, but picture this scene with people in a PG-13 movie.
>>
>>185858385
Some "scary/mean" faces can be pretty cute but most of the time they just make me want to punch them or anything similar.
>>
>>185859903
Would bully as hard as possible.
>>
>>185859903
I like it only when it's a yandere that makes some sense.
>>
>>185852144
pretty cringe desu
>>
>>185851666
not long enough
when people will leave the solar system for new, warmer stars there will be /padt/ and there will be post 'man that Kalos league fucking sucked'
>>
>*starts drinking something*
>gulp,gulp,gulp,gulp, AHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1525291662577.jpg (132 KB, 508x457)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>genuinely funny joke
>other character explains it or said what they did
Jap humor is so shit sometimes
>>
>>185849035
>OP plays during the climax at the final episode
But that's great???
>>
>>185855095
Happens A LOT in Transformers media.
>>
>>185852144
I hate it because I usually like when the author tries to convey something in an unique or interesting way. Evil exaggerated smiles is the most cookie cutter way to show that a character is crazy so it just makes me roll my eyes immediately almost every time.
>>
File: 6yhw7WH.jpg (473 KB, 840x848)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>185848810
> Evil character with no personality beyond being evil and raping/killing cute characters so that the MC can give him a beatdown

I mean, i know hate sinks are supposed to be hated, but damn, at least show them having characteristics beyond being insufferable and/or sadists. You can create an Asshole and still give him actual personality (Cough Bondrewd Cough)
>>
>>185857878
Its not funny tho.
>>
>>185853773
It's not our fault that you watch shitty shows until the end.
>>
>>185860194
I hate that shit too. Instead of making me dislike the character it just makes me dislike the writer for being such a lazy hack.
>>
File: D1rTyVAUcAAlZET.jpg (43 KB, 560x686)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>185848810
One-sided romances in shonen. Give me a little organic back-and-forth, it's not that hard it's been done before.
>>
>>185860142
For some reason Japanese people need EVERYTHING explained, if not then they fucking hate it.
>>
>>185857878
No Game No Life made it so much better.
Very nice mix of absolutely overpowered characters, who despite that have some engaging fights, extremely fast and dynamic flow, a tiny little bit of selfawareness/parody/humor, nice visuals, cute loli.
Best isekai in my opinion, dont know how and why overlord got so high up.
>>
>>185849035
>Hating when the OP song plays during the climax
You're a homo.
>>
File: manletism.png (504 KB, 640x480)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>narrator explains the emotional turmoil of the character, completely killing the mood

ruined a lot of hxh and mob psycho for me
>>
>>185848810
>>185850092
On a semi-related note, FUCK MIRAI NIKKI
>>
>>185849960
Conversely if they ARE laughing when they're on the other end because GEE GOLLY I SURE DO LOVE MY OWN SUFFERING then it's even worse than if they just got off scot free
>>
>>185849960
>What happens to Clementine
That was interesting to watch.
>>
File: disguust.png (241 KB, 400x400)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>slash
>sheathe sword
>ennemy is cut
>>
>>185860729
>narrator explains common sense character move as some sort of genius-conceived keikaku
or
>narrator explains character move like it's obvious while providing the crucial info just about now
>>
>I like him because he is nice
>>
>>185851568
See
>>185857189
>>
>>185855665
that's fucking badass tho
>>
>>185854208
>>185856799
>>185852192
>Forgetting that the worst season was the first one
Talk about shit taste
>>
>>185856864
That's pretty onions of you anon
>>
>Oh MC reincarnated and when he spawned he tripped, causing a pinball to lodge into Gods throat. God suffocated to death and MC's now level 999 SS+.
>And then he learns how to access his inventory, and notices he has bugged money that will never run out
>And then on the way to the closest town, trying to get his bearings, MC walks across a witch post-bukkake. MC helps her clean up -
"Oh MC, thank you so much, here let me give you this unique power which lets you copy any ability you see. You're such a nice lad"
>And then.. The princess in disguise falls in love w him and joins his party cos he didn't litter 1 time
>And then.. A secret society thinks hes the chosen one cos he didn't complain when a restaurant gave him Ketchup instead of BBQ
>And then.. Somehow gets a harem of 10 where the girls are diverse enough to have something for every fetish

Call it something retarded like "Trying to make it in this crazy new world with my averageness"

The whole thing feels inevitably pointless.
notice it more in LNs tbf

>>185857448
I at least felt Overlord did make up for an OP MCs better than most
>>
>>185860881
Its alright. Better than a lot of other swordsman tropes.
Usually it depicts killing of some lowlevel grunt by a overpowered master, and iaido actually sort of existed for similar purpose.
>>
>>185858608
Half the time, the character somehow managed to not know their cooking doesn't taste good despite it not even looking like food.
>>
>>185849035
>OP plays during the climax at the final episode

You and everyone like you is garbage.
>>
>short fuse character gets baited and ruin it for everybody
>>
File: 1536816432460.gif (2 MB, 371x331)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>185848810
>"we humans are the real monsters"

or

>the demons are actually the good guys
>>
>>185861190
> every single work of fiction since ancient greeks
>>
>>185861029
Thanks for outting yourself as a zoomer. Don't (You) me again.
>>
>>185848810
does substituting background character animations with 3d renders count
I swear even the worst cases of deen is miles better than this shit
>>
>>185861301
> "we humans are the real monsters"
Anyone knows this example turning out as
> "we humans are the real monsters"
> and we are okay with that
?
I mean reveal of "we are actually baddies"/vague moral situation not discouraging/changing perspective of protagonists or their faction, but reinforcing it?
Something "we are right because its us, lets go slaughter some enemies". Not necessary anime.
>>
File: 1535132546849.jpg (40 KB, 500x500)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>185850654
>danny's starting to act pretty creepy
>whips out like half a foot of tongue
I know it was trash kino but still
>>
File: cmon.gif (137 KB, 659x576)
137 KB
137 KB GIF
>>185861301
>demons have been eating people and raising them as literal livestock for as long as people can remember
>finally have a chance to break the shackles and kill the demons for good
>"n-no! what if the demons are good?"
>>
File: kagari_nurse.jpg (984 KB, 1920x1080)
984 KB
984 KB JPG
>>185848810
Self-righteous shonen protag is raising his voice and screaming at something being unfair or incorrect. Even the guy in pic related started doing that shit even though he's just a self-insert in a series that revolves around a dominant onee-san type.
>>
>>185848810
>The characters verbally explain literally everything that's going on in precise detail just in case you're retarded.
Worst part is, they actually DO have to do that because you fucks are autistic and stupid.

I'm genuinely surprised when you guys even notice a lie, a character could say the most ridiculous bullshit and you'd be quoting it for weeks and not realize it was fake because you can't think for yourselves or understand anything using your own fucking minds to read between the lies. Chumps.
>>
>>185852536
Yeah, it was never even suggested that they allow Envy to live. They just didn't want Roy doing it while he was in the throes of rage craze.
>>
>>185861880
>Self-righteous shonen protag is raising his voice and screaming at something being unfair or incorrect.

Bonus points for isekai setting and obvious hypocrisy.
>>
File: trope.jpg (19 KB, 640x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Cute anime girl is shown grown up and switches to default "ara ara" oneesan-type voice despite not looking different besides some quick change such as lipstick/makeup
>>
>oh man, slavery is normal in this world? time to get some cute slaves for myself
>wait wait wait what are you talking about? I'm a minor, so I can't drink
>>
>Character looks and acts like a nice, normal law-abiding citizen
>Until someone nearby does something completely banal like sneezing, cracking fingers, putting ketchup in the fridge, you name it.
>Which makes charactel go full nigger and fucking stab the guy 50 times in the face and rip his guts with his teeth because he CAN'T STAND WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT THING
>Usually seen in hitmen/assasin groups
Bonus points if it's a shota
>>
>Main antagonist betrays his right hand character just before the final fight because they're no longer needed.
>Right hand character has automatically redeemed for everything.
>>
It's not exclusive to anime but i fucking hate quick back and forth shots that gradually speed up. It's fucking annoying and overused.
>>
Eh, nandatte?
>>
>>185849996
Americans are the only ones that can properly speek English. English people can't even speak English. Ie they can't even pronounce car.
>>
>sword makes a clicking sound when it's moved
why the fuck did this become a thing?
>>
>>185859119
If that's a metaphor for benis in bagina I agree wholeheartedly.
>>
>>185862393
They have it in western shit too. Sound is not too realistic in visual mediums in general.
>>
>wait, we cannot attack these strange fantasy people, they're just scared and are wondering who we are
>wait, they shot an arrow at our tank, KILL EM ALL AND ENSLAVE THEIR CATGIRLS, NIPPON STRONK
>>
>>185857229
I recently noticed one of my eyes is open slightly more than the other and it's bothering me what should I do?
>>
>>185849031
>dumb edgyfag doesn't understand why falling into the same levels of criminals is bad

And this is why we will never reach an enlightened civilization and shootings/terrorism will keep happening. Good job doing the sucker's game, retarded edgyloser.
>>
>>185861591
Apparently HxH.
>>
>>185862693
I agree with you in principle, but this idea is just not executed correctly in anime most of the time. The FMA example is famous. Roy isn't after Envy because it's wrong to kill or anything - that would be pretty hilarious coming from a war criminal. He's just out to destroy an enemy and avenge a friend. Envy is not an Amestrian citizen; hell he's not even human. He has no rights. Envy was essentially an enemy combatant and Roy is under no obligations to take PoW.
>>
File: 1471827672903.gif (2.64 MB, 264x240)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB GIF
>bare handed character clenches fist
>makes the stretching sound of a leather glove
>>
>>185862823
The idea with that one is that him killing an enemy in bloodlust isn't the sort of thing a future leader of a country should be doing, which is fine, but the execution still made little sense. So he's torching Envy to death for an hour with his blood boiling, okay that's fine, but when it comes time for the finishing blow, that's when he needs to stop because he'll become a bad leader in the future if he does? Not when he was torturing Envy, but when he was about to end him? Really?
>>
>>185857201
And it never actually matters in the end.
>>
File: 1552651971374.png (118 KB, 327x333)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>getting a haircut is character development
Also
>muh friendship power-up
>>
>>185853125
This
>>
File: 1546488106829.jpg (38 KB, 480x480)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>mc can steal/copy abilities
This shit drives me up the wall
>>
File: ANGERON.jpg (58 KB, 1174x881)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>185857075
>>185858068
Or it's overly edgy "My dad raped my pet cat while he forced a cheese grater up my pooper" tier stuff.

Also, having a terrible childhood doesn't give you super-powers desu
>>
>female character spazzes out and completely beats the shit out of the usually-innocent male character for even being POTENTIALLY perverted
there's only so much slapstick i can laugh at before it shitty and redundant
>>
>>185855095
Honestly I don't understand why people hate the Bay Transformer films so much.
>>
File: 1537646867772.png (43 KB, 249x230)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>185864072
>MC accidentally sees girl's panties
>girl asks MC if he saw
>being honest, MC says yes
>HENTAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIII
>beats him over the head
>that girl is the main love interest that wins in the end
>>
>>185861834
god damnit emma
>>
>>185862693
Yeah ignoring criminals and locking them up in a bloated system is totally the better way to go!
I can give it a pass when the anime shows them to be redeemable but letting the serial rapist walk free because muh morals is just dumb
>>
>>185864209
god it's worse when the other females judge the male character shamefully or the males laugh at him
like i know fiction is exaggerated but come on Japan, is this normal comedy?
>>
>>185863051
When he was torturing Envy, Riza was visibly disturbed.
>>
>>185855095
>OPTIMUS PLEASE I SURRENDER, THE GENEVA CONVEN-
>>
>>185855095
GIVE
>>
>>185853773
>He thinks TTGL invented anime
>>
File: vaginadentata.png (488 KB, 322x387)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
>>185856820
>>185856925
>>185856953
>>185857206
>>185861005
I didn't mean that it was bad I was just giving an example of OP's shit being counter by something badass. sorry anons I didnt mean to confuse you guys
>>
>>185855095
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpod4qQzO7Q
There is this one as well, I remember people bitching about it.
>>
>>185848810
some character is aboit to die
>Gets a flashback that explains his motivation and develops his character
>Dies afterwards
Makes my fucking blood boil.
Absolute worst trope in existence.
>>
>>185852192
Somewhat related is more of an audience reaction
>Sure he acts like every other two bit MC, but we can accept it since he's actually kind of hot/fucks his harem! His lack of an actual personality doesn't matter as long as he does what we came here for
>>
File: King.png (42 KB, 175x337)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>185848810
>"I didn't understand any of that, but..."
>>
>>185848810
deadman wonderland is by far the worst manga i have ever read
>>
>>185853557
Sexy lookin gourd
>>
>>185864610
that's because Superman screams like a child after he does it, its a really cringe worthy scene
>>
>>185862693
>gayest baitpost on /a/
Congratulations. Now suck more cock
>>
>>185858379
Don't forget the villainess fans
>Eh, all she needs is dicking and she'll be on my side!
>>
File: esdeath_smile.jpg (906 KB, 1920x1080)
906 KB
906 KB JPG
>>185864854
Any villainess worth her salt can beat the cock.
>>
>>185863242
Rip one piece
>>
>>185848810
>super competent Loli
anyone who has met an 8 year old knows how shit this is
>super competent Loli carries around a stuffed toy, everywhere
WTF? are you trying to make people dismiss you are a useless brat?
>super comp Loli carries a toy and has a black/white good/evil motif
Fuck everything
>>
File: GuP_Mika_alisu_hug.jpg (270 KB, 674x900)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>185865040
But they're cute so it's okay. And I do mean it unironically.
>>
>>185860102
>he doesn't gulp until finish
>>
>>185864854
I don't mind that since it's comical more than anything.
>>
Basically Dio from Over Heaven with bigger balls and less autism.
>>
>>185864209
how about
>sees panties
does no one go to the pool? same shit. I can see some middle school boy getting all flustered, but why would the girl care?
>>
>>185864313
Humble yourself. You are just a human being. You need to let go of all hatred and embrace peace in your life.
>>
>>185862834
>he doesn't have dry hands sometimes and cracks his knuckles while making a fist
>>
>>185862393
that trope is oooooold. there are shows from the 70's that do that. i have a feeling it came from old samurai movies, which is where a lot of Chambara tropes come from
>>
>>185855608
That was fucking awesome
>>
>>185848810
Love that shit. Ironically.
>>
File: 1539217895133.jpg (41 KB, 542x535)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>protagonist(s) are the most boring characters because they gotta be "relatable"
>>
>>185849960
>>185860872
if we're being completely honest, i'd hug Clementine too
>>
File: taiga peace.gif (770 KB, 480x270)
770 KB
770 KB GIF
>>185865553
It's even worse when they do it to the girls. The one who wins is oftentimes the most boring. pic related. No, I didn't make a mistake. Taiga a shit.
>>
>>185863725
Preach on. I hate MC with "meta" power. Not sure if meta is the right word but basically it's powers that are all-encompassing, unique or looks-weak-but-actually-strong in some ways or others.
Examples are:
>nullifying ability
>copy/steal
>some edgy/super rare power in a sea of normal ones. The typical Air/Water/Fire/Earth magic vs Dark magic for example
>insta-kill/domination
>>
>>185850503
this happens a lot in regular american shows too. hate it
>>
>>185865585
Just enough to leave her a cripple per life would be fun.
>>
>>185865690
>nullifying ability
>Villain goes full "nani"? everytime once his power is nullified and gets his ass kicked ass kicked easily
>>
>characters look at each other
>they start giggling like autists for no reason

No one fucking does this in real life.
>>
>>185856638
and it makes it sound like they're wearing a tight rubber glove no matter what
>>
>>185865829
eh i do this with some close people occasionally
that's only because we've reached the apotheosis of stupidity though
>>
>>185857448
I thought it was interesting and something different than "I'm weak, but i'll power up to save my friends" every time, but after seeing it more than twice, it lost its luster.
>>
>why do you like MC-kun personality-less waifubait?
>flashbacks of times where she watched him try really hard at something from a distance
>flashbacks of MC-kun giving her an eraser she dropped
>flashbacks of MC-kun protecting her from bullies 10 years ago in kindergarten

Is there any anime out there where the MC actually calls out how shallow their attraction is and says that they can try being friends or go on a basic date instead of immediately falling in love with her?
>>
>>185862228
>>185862693
Going overtime in trying to manipulate opinion about the days events aren't you?
>>
>>185858592
yes. Kaguya was heavenly
>>
>>185864932
A villainess who can't be beaten by the cock is called a corpse.
>>
>>185865829
Have you seen young females in real life?
>>
>if you kill him/her you will be no better
Fuck that fuck you
>Harem mc gets no pussy the entire time even though they are all around him and begging for dick while in various stages of undress
For fucks sake even the biggest grass eating beta pussy can trip and land balls deep in some pussy. This is bullshit. Straight up cucking niggas for funsies and a sick evil practice that I can not and will not abide.

>The dyke in the harem
No. We don't want you there. Get the fuck out.

>Tee hee I'm suddenly bi, not watch me molest and finger rape this girl who nearly killed the male harem lead after he walked into his own bathroom to find her there in her bra and panties. Said girl is perfectly fine with it and it's treated as no big deal
I hope every single motherfucker who does this shit has a spontaneous case of incurable dick rot.

>Retarded mc gets away with being a retard who fucks it up because they are nice and friendly.
No.
You do not get a free pass because you're too goddamned lazy and stupid to do the basic things that would have save everyone a lot of trouble

>Simple misunderstanding between people can be solved with a 10 second conversation.
Fuck that.
If you don't have the skill to write a goddamned real conflict or the balls to do it then don't fucking have it.

>Villians with a sad backstory
O BOO HOOO
Your puppy was hit by a fucking car!
That totally makes up for the fact that you tried to destroy the world and murdered millions of people!

>Highschool settings
NO
FUCK THAT
FUCK YOU
>>
>>185866107
It's amazing how often this happens instead of love evolving naturally over the course of the narrative.

At least we have Berserk.
>>
>>185865354
Guess what faggot. Peace exists because of force and order. Without it we would still be living in stone age.
>>
>>185865690
>unique or looks-weak-but-actually-strong
What about powers that should be super broken but are actually total shit?
Seems like any character with reality warping powers is victim to that.
>>
>Muh evil nobels
>>
File: 1414137188573.png (204 KB, 900x736)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
Subvert your most hated tropes in ways that will make you want to post them in a "tropes you love" thread.
>>
>>185852144
Hate is a great motivator, it makes me work out harder.
>>
>>185852144
I have thought about this and concluded you either hate something because there is something wrong with it or something wrong with you. A lot of the stuff hated in this thread is because of lazy writing.
>>
>>185848810
>the villain wants to be caught
Or
>the villain and the mc are "the same"
>>
>>185864554
Don't worry, I understood what you meant.
>>
>>185866319
> For fucks sake even the biggest grass eating beta pussy can trip and land balls deep in some pussy. This is bullshit.
This is adaptations of VNs usually, aka sort of advertisement.
They want to annoy viewer into buying a game for that "landing balls deep in some pussy".
Bringing up sex, even subtly, on a jap tv is a lot of trouble.
Already existing fans of vn might get irritated and sperg out if mc ends up with a girl that they are not a fan of.

> No. We don't want you there. Get the fuck out.
Literally where?

> Tee hee I'm suddenly bi, not watch me molest and finger rape this girl

Literally where? x2
I can imagine such developments, but wont regard it as a widespread trope.

>NO FUCK THAT FUCK YOU
I had that feeling on previous points, but now im certain. You should not watch so much things you do not enjoy.
Because your experience in harem stuff seems immense(you are annoyed about some things that ive rarely noticed), but you hate everything about them.
Or you have just watched very few, perceived their relatively unique aspects as tropes and brought it up here.
Which brings us to the same conclusion - stop watching things you do not enjoy.
>>
File: 1548552217539.jpg (126 KB, 965x952)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>185848810
>isekai anime where the MC is given the ultimate plot device ability that appears weak at first but has no limits or set rules and is therefore completely overpowered. i.e reincarnated slimes consume ability and shield heros sheild upgrade tree.
>Isekai in general
They have successfully replaced character development and given them infinite get of bad situations free cards.
>>
>>185848810
>Character screams in anguish over the death/presumed death of another character
>Camera quickly pans up to the sky as they scream
>>
>>185866869
>Protagonist goes full "What? That's not true!" Instead of ignoring or making the villain's bullshit logic
>>
>>185866959
*making fun of the villain's bullshit logic
>>
>i and xxkun are dating now and we even got matching accessoires
>EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH???????!!!! YOU AND XXKUN ARE DATING AND YOU EVEN GOT MATCHING ACCESSOIRES?????
>Pshhh!! Not so loud!!

Basically characters repeating everything they just heard super loudly, done a lot in detective conan
>>
>>185850092
Youjo Senki does this but infinitely worse and edgier
>>
>>185848810
>great villain loses in bullshit way because mc and justice must always come out on top
>>
>>185866929
> Isekai in general
This.
Fucking isekais man, they ruined fantasy in anime. Even if no characters from other worlds or getting stuck in VR game are involved, they put dungeon crawler/mmo mechanics in them instead of working on worldbuilding.
Can you do a "vanilla" fantasy? No, i must put a guild of adventurers and huge dungeon and monsters disintegrating into loot items and levelups there!
>>
>>185867126
that's why i'm looking forward to Fairy Gone (even if it will be most probably shit), fantasy with no bullshit rpg elements and protagonist that aren't high schoolers
>>
>>185866890
>This is adaptations of VNs usually, aka sort of advertisement...are not a fan of.
They showed a lot of implied sex on television back in the day. What has changed? There's more open and implied homosex then actual het sex in televised anime now for fucks sake.


>> No. We don't want you there. Get the fuck out.
>Literally where?
>> Tee hee I'm suddenly bi, not watch me molest and finger rape this girl
>Literally where? x2
>I can imagine such developments, but wont regard it as a widespread trope.

Harems. This happens in nearly every modern harem created. The fingerrape thing is a bit over the top. But grabbing a chicks tits and basically molesting her is no big deal but if the mc so much as sees a pair of panties she left on the floor it's a capital offense?
Fuck that. That shit is fucking stupid.

>I had that feeling on previous points, but now im certain. You should not watch so much things you do not enjoy.
>Because your experience in harem stuff seems immense(you are annoyed about some things that ive rarely noticed), but you hate everything about them.
Used to love them. Then they became blue balls central with the same two types of chicks and generic personality archetypes over and over again.

>Or you have just watched very few, perceived their relatively unique aspects as tropes and brought it up here.
Haven't watched a harem anime all the way through in years. The only harem I watch now is incedental harems.

>Which brings us to the same conclusion - stop watching things you do not enjoy.
Shounen that aren't set in a highschools are rarer then thicc asses on japanese girls and even more sought after by me, early tenchi muyo type harems don't exist anymore, and adult action shows with adult themes starring actual adults are dead and buried now.
There are no heros/heroines left in animu and mango. Just mediocrity all vying for the same tiny audience using the same tropes.
>>
>>185855095
God! How come Optimus is such a likable Chad, are there any other characters like him?
>>
>>185866745
>>185866929
>MC has a get out of jail free card to get out of a bad fight
>Just as he's about to use it, villain straight up locks him out of using it and it becomes a fight to the death situation/endurance until MC finds a way to somehow use it

>>185866869
>Villain gets caught
>Used some link magic before getting captured to alert his team of his location
>Has his team perform a prison break which simultaneously fucks up the entire prison and releases a bunch of new villains into the story

>>185865040
Take your pick
>Loli is actually an immortal vampire/demon/god that's like 10000 years old
>Loli is actually a doll construct
>Loli gothita that carries a toy that's actually an insanely powerful familiar trapped inside which is revealed when MC triggers her
>It was revealed earlier she had an entire room full of toys.

>>185863242
>Villain is on death's door at MC's hands
>About to die
>Remembers the sacrifices his villain team made to hold back MC's party
>Comes back with the rage of a thousand suns and continues fighting using the drive of friendship

Contributing
>OP shows an event happening or foreshadows a character
>Nothing ever happens relating to it.
>>
File: 1552625154019.gif (1.44 MB, 500x277)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB GIF
>he's fast
>>
>>185867071
The anime went complete psychopath. Tanya is a bit better than that.

Try reading the manga, the art is gorgeous and it's a different take on the original LN with more details than the anime adaptation.

I still can't believe they made visha into a damn fish
>>
>but that trope is so hype and le epic lmao
What the fuck is wrong with all you shit eaters?
>>
>>185866890
>Bringing up sex, even subtly, on a jap tv is a lot of trouble
I've seen late-night J-dramas showing sex scenes. I think it's an otaku thing
>>
>>185848810
>Main character plot armor
>>
When a character clutches their sword a little harder and it rattles as if it has a bolt loose or something
>>
>>185855210
This.

And also the evident fear of commitment to an actual romance subplot and having zero development but constant hints at it. Fuckin weird cultural bullshit
>>
File: sex.png (224 KB, 640x480)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>185868012
It's romance aimed to people who can't stand staring at other people
>>
>>185858592
Also the Yotsuba one, it was special 'cause it was her first time seeing them
>>
File: 1551831702684.jpg (590 KB, 2046x1446)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
>Shoujo love interest is a piece of shit bad boy who will probably end up in prison one day
>Rival love interest is a good boy with an excellent future who is clearly a healthier choice
>MC chooses dangerous guy because "H-He's actually a good guy! He didn't actually rape me that one time!"
Why are shoujo MCs so braindead? Do they just hate themselves?
>>
File: Freeza shock.jpg (18 KB, 313x235)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>185867813
>monstrous/inhuman character walks
>their fucking feet sound like a fucking creaky bed jostling, sometimes squeaky
You know which niggas I'm talking about.
>>
>>185868263
It's a girl thing. Better not to ask and turn a blind eye.
>>
>>185860142
the worst thing of Kaguya-sama, especially that exam episode
>>
>Comedic situation
>Cuts to ambience
>ALWAYS FUCKING CICADAS OR WHATEVER
>>
>>185848810
Thats how psychopaths behave behind doors anon.
>>
>>185857201
Pretty sure One Piece dropped that with Luffy's Gears at least.
>>
>>185868263
> shoujo MCs
Its the most realistic type of anime characters.

I have little experience with shoujo shows, but once i was annoyed by the opposite.
Ive seen some clips of first episode of tonari no kaibutsu-kun and decided "thats something different for once, gotta watch". First episode is pretty much what was expected, but thent this "dark insane bad boy" does 180 as a character and turns out fucking autist. He disappears from the show for episodes, runs around screaming incomprehensible shit, builds houses for pet rooster, catches crayfish in a creek and whatever else.
>>
File: 1485749877562.jpg (9 KB, 300x222)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>185860881
Fuck you and the horse you came in. That's cool as shit.
>>
>>185868263
HYD had the right idea by making the "good boy" a fucking autist.
>>
>>185868597
Sort of, they implied that prior to the timeskip, he was doing it in a manner that was reckless and life-threatening, but after training he's managed to reduce the risk to his life.
>>
File: 1541052684384.jpg (41 KB, 500x371)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>Protag gets new teacher for special training.
>Meets teacher who is some form of eccentric.
>Upon arriving at whatever training ground they are using, the teacher immediately attempts to kill the protag is some fashion to "gauge" them.
>Always made light of immediately after and no one ever talks about it again.
>>
>>185849035
>the OP plays during the climax at the final episode
>OP have nothing to do with the final episode

I LOVE IT
>>
>>185868263
Or
>spends most of the manga doing stuff with the bad guy love interest
>ends up with the good guy love interest in the end after being used and abused by the bad guy
Too 3DPD for me
>>
File: cicada-quiet_9057.jpg (35 KB, 640x480)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>185868501
SKREE SKREE SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SKREEE SKREEE SKREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>185869123
>SUDDENLY, FUCKING FLOCK OF BIRDS
>>
>>185869085
This happen very rarely. The only shoujo title like that I know is Uwasa no Midori-kun
>>
>>185849960
Louise is GOAT gundam girl
>>
>>185868501
>Crickets and Cicada from July to October non stop every year.
I just tune it out in anime the same I tune it out IRL.
>>
>>185854392
There's a compound called dimethylmercury that renders you braindead if you get a drop of it on your finger WHEN YOU ARE WEARING SAFETY GLOVES
>>
>>185868263
Amnesia was insane. The top voted character was the male who locked the MC in a cage because he loved her so much that he was afraid to let her out of his sight because she might leave him. Diabolic Brothers or whatever the fuck the name was had a dude who tossed the MC into a pool and said, "Now tell me I'm the best!" While she's drowning because she can't swim. Otome games are messed up.
>>
File: Kent_Visual_Novel.jpg (85 KB, 475x475)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>185869775
Belts-kun was a blessing.
>>
>>185868276
Only dragonball did this though and even then only with Cell and Freeza.
>>
>>185870217
Pretty sure they did it with a few of the fighters in the Tournament of Power. And even then, some other anime do it with weird inhuman characters, it's just such a weird sound to make for their feets.
>>
>>185862717
>Humans are the monsters
>Whoops, hold on, there's a whole gigantic landmass filled to the brim with the world kind of things imaginable
gg Toga
gg
>>
>>185868263
women prefer bad boys, dude

how do you not know this shit?
>>
>>185869775
>Amnesia was insane. The top voted character was the male who locked the MC in a cage because he loved her so much that he was afraid to let her out of his sight because she might leave him. Diabolic Brothers or whatever the fuck the name was had a dude who tossed the MC into a pool and said, "Now tell me I'm the best!" While she's drowning because she can't swim.

That's funny as shit.

I guess women do have a sense of humor.
>>
>>185857448
Overlord isn't about Ains being OP. It's about him trying to wrangle his demented adopted children who misunderstand his offhand remarks as plans for world domination and him dealing with the results trying not to disappoint them. That and world building
>>
>harem protagonist has the ability to make every female character in his vicinity to be attracted to him even if they aren't apart of his harem.
>>
File: Cage-kun's headband.jpg (2.89 MB, 797x4722)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
>>185870786
You might like the comments from the poll results then.
>>
>>185861301
Kinda related

>fantasy setting
>humans manage to dominate all other races
>maximun edge, they spend their time raping and torturing elves, cat people, etc..
>oh but look at that, MC-kun seems to be the only human not be a psychopath in this world and treat them with dignity
>the outcome is obviously a harem conformed of girls of each race + the token loli and token trap
>>
>story acts like mc and rival have some profound bond even though relationship is basic or shallow as fuck
>mc forgives rival or antag like it's okay they did that shit with no valid consequences or concerns for there actions
>rival or antag is a deuce with no genuine reason to be likable except for a sob story to make what they did okay
Looking at you Sasuke. Who the fuck unironically likes Sasuke?
>>185866745
>rival and mc think they have a profound bond except its clear they're both invested in the idea instead of the shallow reality
>mc forgives rival or antag except there's legitimate repercussions
>self righteous rival/antag's is humiliated once in a while to balance out there deucey nature.
>Or alternatively they don't end up being validated for being a manchild over having a tragic past
>>
>>185870216
This I cannot contest.
>>
>>185871483
Girls like Sasuke unironically. See >>185868263
>>
>>185871003
haha, the best part is they get more retarded the further down you scroll
>>
>>185868263
>>185866745
>Piece of shit rough bad girl that treats mc like absolute shit
>despite all the trauma she gives mc both end up happily in love
I don't remember the precise term, but perhaps bad boys are so popular
is because it's unapologetically overdosing on the emotional gain effect when one person's
relationship starts terrible but progresses into love. Like the tsundere but cranked into 100.
>>
>>185859903
Most people do, otherwise it wouldn't be that popular.
>>
>>185848810
It's time to eat food!

Billy: Itadakimasu!
Jimmy: Itadakimasu!
Bimmy: Itadakimasu!
Sarah: Itadakimasu!
John: Itadakimasu!
James: Itadakimasu!
Rick: Itadakimasu!
Billy-bob: Itadakimasu!
Theodore: Itadakimasu!
Tits Mcgee: Itadakimasu!
The fucking cat: Itadakimasu!

Instead of just

Everyone: Itadakimasu!
>>
>>185866869
>the villain wants to be caught
Bane?
>>
>>185848810
implying murder is not fun
>>
>>185867409
>all tropes are bad, mm'kay?
>>
>>185869652
>WHEN YOU ARE WEARING SAFETY GLOVES
*GASP* NO WAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!?
>>
File: 1550694376228.png (2.16 MB, 1482x1427)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>185871003
>even the character himself is surprised
>>
>>185858006
> Dororo
Did you really watch the show? Nigger
>>
File: 1551965325592.jpg (50 KB, 592x586)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>previous arc villain joins MC's side
>jobs like a retard to the new arc villain
>>
>>185855665
>implying this is a bad trope
i'm gonna have to diagnose you with shit taste, anon. Take these pills 1-2 times in a day after you eat. They might take some time to heal your shit taste but in the end it'll be alright
>>
File: dbz.png (497 KB, 538x395)
497 KB
497 KB PNG
>large supporting cast of allies
>they all job or give support that mostly feels redundant
I'll give vegeta arc a pass though
>>
>>185863242
>character gets a haircut to show everyone she's changed
>she hasn't changed at all and was just trying to make others think she did
>>
>I'll just "practice" losing my virginity with my lover's friend/bully
>I'll just fuck my father in law because he said so and somehow still has any authority over his fully adult child
>I'll just become a loanshark's/my husband's boss' sex slave because of a little debt instead of just finding a new job
>I'll just fuck my neighbor/mailman because I bought a sex toy which is my own business
>I'll just fuck an ex/childhood acquaintance because he has some minorly embarrassing dirt
>I'll just fuck the teacher/neighbor because he took a somewhat inconveniencingly embarrassing photo
>I'll just keep fucking someone because they took and sent photographic/video evidence of the crimes they did
>I'll just not call the police ever because I'd rather not "inconvenience" them than get myself out of this shit situation
>I'll just fuck my husband's boss/coworker after taking my drunk husband home for no real reason
>I'll just get trapped in flimsy "blackmail" at all
>Oh no someone caught me masturbating now I'll have to become a sex slave
>I'll just fuck my disgusting NEET brother in law because he exists
>I'll just fuck any teacher because somehow they're allowed to get away with everything scot free
>I've become a slave to his cock
I lose brain cells when reading this shit. Everyone involved in these "stories" have subzero IQs.
>>
File: 1474824028685.jpg (71 KB, 500x500)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>bland one note mc hogging all the screen time when more interesting characters are shafted
>bland one note mc doing all the fighting all the time while more interesting characters are shafted
>>
>character has terminal illness
>everyone else just twiddles their dicks during the little time that character has left
>>
>>185857220
>this power increases its strength in levels or percentages so I can artificially convey growth
>>
>>185858866
>a ton of beautiful girls collect around a ronery cynical unsociable uncharismatic social outcast
At least you can understand why people would like genuinely nice yet boring protagonists
>>
>>185872883
to be honest, you'll find more people to hate along the way.
sonia
>>
>>185856488
>nominal ruler of India

Jesus christ why do you have to talk about stuff you have no fucking clue about
>>
>im so depressed and anxious and lonely :(
>>
>>185871003
>I want to be the chair that you sit on
based
>>
>>185870861
I would much prefer it if it was him slowly losing his mind and becoming evil. Him WANTING to LARP as an actual demonlord and occasionally playing as the hero momon and slowly lose any grip on his sanity.
The disconnect between who he really is and who he portrays and how AINS slips into his real mind would have been fun.
>>
>>185872664
Your face when you realize that DB only became popular in the rest of the world because it was really the Gohan show with Goku as an occasional guest star.

That the weakest eps of the series were Goku focused eps.
No seriously, after Toriyama practically lifted Gohan's rage out against first form frieza over killing krillian and gave it to goku and created the super saiyajin thing(no seriously it copies it beat for beat) the show sort of became saiyajin only with namekian and cyborg human guest stars which kind of ruined any potential it had as a series going forward.
>>
>Poweful character doesnt do anything because hes muh NEUTRAL
>>
>>185856488
Not just punish him for his misdeeds. Which were fucking many and horrifying if you look.
But to not go to war against the british for practically raping their entire empire and sending them to the dark ages.
Man was a boot licking sell out who hated the indian people far more then even the most virulently racist brit.
He sold his own people down the fucking river for a little bit of fame, some comfort, and all of the pre-pubescent indian girls and blonde white women he could rape. Oh and a pat on the head from his white betters.
No, I am not making any of this up.
Ghandi was the greatest evil to befall the indian people and they are still suffering from his bullshit.
>>
>>185873821
a necessity for many settings because power levels
>>
>>185873821
Youll understand when youre older.
>>
>mc-kun, i love you...
>*mc-kun's heart goes doki doki*
>i'm so glad you are my friend mc-kun. let's be friends forever! :)
>>
>>185848810
>MC or other character can't kill the villain that is friend or important person from their past because muh feeling, either other character killed them or they died by some other BS

I so glad that Hakata tonkotsu ramens didn't pussy out and let MC killed his friend
>>
>>185872774
It is unsurprising to see that most doujin artists can't write their way out of a paper bag. I always found that the porn that tried to be serious tended to be very melodramatic or shallow, while the ones that tried to be funny always got at least a chuckle out of me
>>
>>185857794
seconding
>>
>>185848810
MC always has to be the strongest while everyone else is a helpless jobber.
>>
>>185869775
> Amnesia was insane. The top voted character was the male who locked the MC in a cage because he loved her so much that he was afraid to let her out of his sight because she might leave him.
There was some kind of outrage on "gaming"/"geek" dangerhair sites(or was it some youtube channel of similar kind) about this shit recently, or is my mind making shit up?
>>
>>185848810
Overly drawn out and complicated plot descriptions of things that happened outside of the show like

>"How can you do x? Remember, during the such and such era, when y destroyed z, in the great something something war that stretched over 20 years? You disgrace all those x million dead people! You're no better than insert dictator!"
>>
>>185848810
>something unexpected happens
>camera pans up
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH????
>>
>>185874376
Are we talking about anime or your holocaust class here?
>>
>>185858592
I thought the Hibike fireworks scene was done well.
>>
>>185859379
No, it's people who don't work hard who cope by pretending it's all due to being born a genechad.
>>
>>185864088
The transformers designs just suck so bad. They look like hunks of fucking garbage welded together.
>>
>>185873853
>i-its the british fault indians shit in the street!
Like everywhere else Europeans colonized they gave them infrastructure, medicine, and education. And when the Europeans left none of it was maintained.
>>
>>185862679
Kill people and make sure you get covered in blood.
>>
>>185858028
Wai what, explain this and what volume?
>>
>>185869652
This Is What Happened To Her Brain.
>>
File: 1548008210350.gif (957 KB, 720x405)
957 KB
957 KB GIF
>Looks like a slut
>Acts like a slut
>Dresses like a slut
>Not actually a slut
I hate this trope
>>
>>185860530
Same, even in romance stories, either keep it two sided or distribution by have it. If it's one sided, have them realise it and then move on.
>>
>>185848810
magic circles
>>
>>185857686
speedreading or not, it just makes him boring
>lol I kill you in frozen time with just one hit xD

Ainz vs Shalltear was a good fight and I'd be happy having just more of that
>>
File: Spoiler Image (66 KB, 1020x366)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>185873688
>this
,but with a twist:
it was all in his head.
and what happened in the first dozens chapters of the LN is a part of a psychology experiment in the outside grim cyberpunk future world
>>
>>185849035
>character explains another characters thoughts and feelings to them
Honestly I think I'm desensitized to it at this point. Otherwise so many anime would be unwatchable
>>
>>185849031
Just think, if it weren't for leftism this meme wouldn't exist.
>>
>>185875002
> and wears an ugly one pieced swimsuit instead
Its cute.
>>
>>185872774
Some of those scenarios are pretty bullshit, but isn't japanese culture really negative towards rape victims? Like if it gets found out then you lose a lot of social standing. Don't ask me why it's like that, but it reminds me of all of those "bully people who were the sole survivor of a disaster" things. Which is also something which pisses me off in anime.
>>
>>185857794
>>185873983
Dies Irae has a crazy psycho nazi shota. He's in the prologue, but doesn't show up in person again until after the first route I believe.
>>
File: 1514709037208.jpg (103 KB, 547x717)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>185851018
>We invited English
My god, the state of mutts
>>
>>185848810
>bad dude becomes irrelevant after the ending of his arc
Sometimes the new antagonist won't be as good as the last
>>
>>185874989
Ainz vs Shalltear was literally the most boring part of the story
at least the other parts didn't pretend to have tension
>>
>>185875404
Bikinis are plastic looking underwear and look awful and cheap. Literally the most pleb taste of all.
>>
>>185850611
T. Brainlet who does not understand satire
>>
>>185875412
From what I've gathered it seems like the Japanese are very adverse to attracting any kind of attention and are the kind of people who don't like inconveniencing others in any way. So to answer
>isn't japanese culture really negative towards rape victims?
It probably has to do with a mix of blaming the victim as well as shunning them so that people don't have to actually deal with the victim's problems. Japanese culture also seems to lean heavily towards denying that a problem exists rather than trying to fix it. Ultimately I think it has to do with people not wanting to admit they are wrong or that they made a mistake.
>>
>>185861591
shinsekai yori is quote morally grey
>>
>>185858879
Its because nips are actually good at doing fireworks. They have intricate cheography and such.In my 30 years on earth, the only firework I ever truly enjoyed was a japanese one.
>>
File: 1522923372484.gif (114 KB, 500x281)
114 KB
114 KB GIF
>>185849031
>just as bad as they are
If that's the case, you might as well be worse.

>kill this person
No
>keep em alive and aware.
>contain em in a cramped cage.
>slice off bits of flesh from body.
>use flesh as food to feed em.
>continue process until starvation.
>>
>>185865690
It's been forever since I viewed anything relating to it, but I'm pretty sure the main character (a girl) in Gakuen Alice has both a nullifying AND a stealing power. Even when I was 12 and worshiped everything Japanese I knew that was mad dumb.
>>
>clothes cling to the girls balloon tits
>>
>>185875825
No, its cultural reinforcement.
Sure, blaming the victim sucks if youre truly the victim, but everyone who isnt involves is better off
>>
>>185861927
>edgy teen character makes one good observation and suddendly thinks he is hot shit and has it ALL figured out , thinking himself superior.

Good find Anon, I hate that trope too.
>>
File: 1547366595138.png (345 KB, 1000x1000)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>185849031
This is what you enemies tell you. Those ones who are close to you and in hiding. It is specifically meant to disarm you. Anyone who says this should be instantly distrusted.
>>
>>185862693
>enlightened civilization

>>>/x/
>>
>>185853668
GioGio has a british father and a japanese mother.
Josuke too.
>>
File: 1525837472581.png (1.26 MB, 982x833)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
Since the thread is still alive i'll post a few that make me irrationally angry, specially in doujins.
>Ahegao (I personally blame Mizuryu Kei for killing this one and making it comedic instead of erotic).
>Janitor/ Teacher/ Headmaster blackmails a student who took sexy selfies or something along those lines for sex and the bitch actually gives out and never thinks of going to the authorities or recording the conversations.
>"Practice" sex with someone other than their partner because they want experience as to not dissapoint their gf/bf.
And even worse:
>they get addicted to fucking a stranger to the point they lose all sanity and willingly get tattoos ans shit to show how lecherous they've become.
>>
>setting has massive organizations with armies and shit
>everyone is just fodder, the higherups and protagonists are stronger than every soldier on the planet put together
it's just so dull, why even have them at that point?

even more retarded when the characters who could be knocked through mountains are suddenly threatened by basic firearms
>>
>>185875825
Asian societies in general are more collectivist and they value the group over individuality. It's sometimes hard to understand coming from western cultures where we are more or less raised in a completely different environment where it's the opposite.
You should not stick out, because it potentially disrupts the community. You also should not burden others with problems that are your own. The community should be burdened only by problems which concern it as a whole. Public and private face is a thing, as well as shame.
Japan has also been influenced a lot by Confucianism, like many other Asian communities, and Confucian principles of social virtues are how a lot of Asian societies base their social order. These are things such as loyalty and respect of hierarchies, and subservience to them. The hierarchies are obviously things like master-servant, father-son, older-younger, male-female, but also arguably community-individual.
>>
File: 1540669640934.png (712 KB, 1280x720)
712 KB
712 KB PNG
>mc has half the of the female world going after his dick despite being a smelly, deranged autist
>winner girl is obvious from the start
Why even bother with this pseudo-harem stuff?
>>
>>185853557
well yeah, that's in general how non cucked media is supposed to work, it's anime made for Japanese boys and men, of course the Japanese male will be portrayed as the desirable one not a foreign one
it's western media that's weird for constantly pairing up white women with foreign men
>>
>>185855095
>NOOOOOOOOOOOO OPTIMUS PLEASE I HAVE A FAMILY JESUS CHRIST PLEASE THINK OF MY CHILDREN IF NOT ME AAAAAAAAAHHHHH
I think they went a bit too far with this.
>>
>>185864475
>OPTIMUS PLEASE I SURRENDER, THE GENEVA CONVEN
where was this from
>>
>>185862834
I like the first part of this, even though it's cheesy I always think it looks cool. The sound is silly though.
>>
>>185853668
there are a few, I'd say it's an about 90/10% split
>>
>>185859500
This. People are too obsessed with watching everything for no real reason.
>>
>>185855709
You're right that's so stupid. What does the script for that part look like?

>Character A: Uh
>Character B: Mm
>Character C: Aah
>Character D: Ooh
>>
>>185865829
No son, you have the autism
>>
File: 1543897617174.gif (920 KB, 240x240)
920 KB
920 KB GIF
>>185848810
Only other male character is a literal fag or a spaz so the beta bitch boy protagonist has no actual competition for his harem.
>>
Probably girls grabbing each other tits for fun.
>>
>>185857014
Look, when someone takes a pose, it's JUSTICE.
>>
File: 1547155099163.gif (2.9 MB, 250x243)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB GIF
>>185850611
>>185875740
Not him but I don't give a shit if it was satire. They spent literally 11 fucking episodes on a plotline as tortured and dragged out as possible on the level of pulling teeth and then just gave up right at the end and had a disjointed as fuck last episode without even attempting to make a superficial conclusion.

Yes I'm still fucking mad.
>>
>>185875412
>Some
All. Anyways I feel like Japan is the only country on the planet cucked and autistic enough for this shit to be remotely feasible. They're the only ones with this much emphasis on respecting their elders/superiors and not "burdening" other people. I can see those people being cucks. They literally have detective services with the sole purpose of seeing if their spouses are cheating on them.
>>
>>185853668
That other loli in tenshi no 3p
>>
>>185873688
>I would much prefer it if it was him slowly losing his mind and becoming evil.
That's exactly what's happening. Maruyama outright said he fucking loves Greek tragedies.
>>
>>185877666
>They literally have detective services with the sole purpose of seeing if their spouses are cheating on them
the fuck do you think private detectives in the west do satan?
>>
>>185857878
>comedy justifies shitty writing and plot
lol
>>
>>185877852
Jerk off probably. I've never seen or heard of one.
>>
File: 1550353331421.png (58 KB, 400x400)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>185848810
>ahaha murder is fun look I'm such a psycho yes blood and suffering so fun look at this cool shot of me in blood with this stupid smile on my face
best trope honestly
>>
>>185875852
yeah I agree
>>
>>185872624
see
>>185864554
>>
>Shonen series
>Ending is a cutesy J-pop love song
>It's sung by the main female's seiyuu
>Half of the visuals are the aforemented main female in different cutesy outfits, like a maid costume, yukata and something with cat ears on
>>
File: 1552031392879.jpg (114 KB, 742x783)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>UMI DA!
>>
>>185853668
the hapa kids who show up at the end of Angel Densetsu have an American dad
>>
>>185863242
>getting a. new haircut for "development"
>ruin a perfectly good design
I will forever hate Monogatari for this.
>>
File: aYhgH48.gif (980 KB, 500x281)
980 KB
980 KB GIF
>>185878042
I legit don't give a fuck. It never gets old for me.
>>
>>185878042
This, the trope really is at the peak when it is a cute girl doing it.
>>
>clench fist
>audible noises
>>
>>185848810
>"genius character" sleeps/is bored all the time because everything is below his level of intelligence
>"genius character" quotes actual geniuses repeatedly so that he himself doesnt have to come up with anything profound to say
>>
>>185848810
>look at this character being really smart and solving a puzzle in a really cool way
>no silly anon we will not explain how he did it and if we do we'll leave huge plot holes but just LOOK HOW COOL HE IS WOW THIS SHOW IS REALLY SMART AND SO ARE YOU WOW
>>
>>185878510
It's better when they dont explain it rather than when they chalk it up to some ridiculous reason though
>>
File: 1549489752638.jpg (27 KB, 720x833)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>185850503
The absoltue fucking worst scum stalling move holy fucki im fuming just thinking about it jesus fucking christ it is such a fucking waste of tiiiiiiiiiiiiime
>>
>mc is a weak boy that get's bullied but girl stands up for him for no reason but just to fill the void that the author's school days were
>>
>15 year old teenager is able to beat a trained experienced cop
>sports anime set in a high school but have characters that look like 40 year old men
>story is set how Axis power won ww2 because author is still bitter his country was in the losing side
>parents are not home for 5 months so that gives mc the excuse to do some shit that would usually have most parents worried as hell or have reason for him to be lonely
>the kid who's the top of his class is like a god or something
>girl is so pretty that everyone in the fucking building just stares and get bitchy at whatever male she's friends with
>>
File: 1440053460564.jpg (50 KB, 776x720)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>185878478
>establishing for the viewer how very intelligent character/s is/are
>show them reading or playing chess/shogi/go/other strategy game
>>
>>185855542
This.
I'm a fan of the murderous character trope but not when it's forced and unrealistic. It's a trope only buyable when applied to adult male characters who are either fighters, murderers or some kind of monster type character. Most anime today shove this trope onto female characters, and also commonly really young ones which fucking makes me cringe to the point of pulling my hair out.
>>
>>185878852
>sports anime set in a high school but have characters that look like 40 year old men
That's common IRL outside of japan
>>
>>185849031
The based part about kiritsugu is he absolutely doesn’t give a fuck about his own morality and is literally just being the guy who can do what has to be done to save people, even if it takes his own soul to hell.
>>
Edgy
>>
>>185864209
>there's a girl that treats MC well
>cuter
>relegated to side character cheering for shitty main girl
>>
>>185857074
You honestly think that type of bullying does not happen?
>>
>>185848810
Not really a trope but whenever a great villain is inevitably taken down. It always sucks and the quality usually nosedives making me lose all interest. I have no idea what the solution would be because i know the villain has to lose so i always just brace myself for the villain's defeat and enjoy it while i can.
>>
>obligatory NTR bait character shows up
>he's just as irredeemable as he looks
>or he's just a cousin or sibling
>>
>fun recurring character was a cold calculating edgelord villain the whole time
>>
File: 1438600812994.jpg (192 KB, 2014x1678)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>short, skinny character carries a huge weapon
>maid outfit for no reason at all
>short hair + eyepatch (ultra generic)
>>
>>185855709
This is one of those times where some english dubs do it better by having them stay quiet during this part. Fucking nips love those filler noises
>>
>>185857014
DBZ at least explains that they want their opponents to power up for a better fight because saiyans are retards. Except Trunks. He did try to stop Cell's evolution
>>
File: barf.gif (1.59 MB, 500x281)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB GIF
>series has used goods
>>
>>185851666
It baffles me anyone ever thought he would win
>>
>>185871003
#6 is cute ngl
>>
File: Guy Jean.jpg (110 KB, 241x963)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Thread's theme reminds me of this comic.
>>
>>185861834
shingeki no bahamut in a fucking shell. God I want the writer to die and be tortured and raped afterward.
>>
>>185879202
Is the show has superpowers, nothing stops a girl or a shota from being a maniac murderer if they are lucky enough to get suitable powers.
If this is a realistic setting, then I agree, it doesn't really work.
>>
>>185871437
What show?
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 300x168)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>185848810
>EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH!!!!!???
>>
>>185858879
They're tsundere over Hiroshima and Nagasaki
>>
>>185849156
>hapa is the goddess of the school instead of being bullied by everyone
>>
>>185848810
Blonde American characters.

This is not representative of the reality in America.
>>
>>185850503
this happens quite a lot in western shows and movies to be fair
>>
>>185849031
Unfortunately this trope will keep on happening, as Japan is not an Abrahamic civilization obsessed with lex talionis (read: evening the score).
>>
>>185874975
The magic circle isn’t to blame, imo, it’s the asspull stuff that comes out.
>>
>>185865690
I don't mind Black Clover for this this though for some reason.
>>
File: 1424031467026.png (66 KB, 326x256)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>series worships guns with a childlike innocence only a country without them could have
>>
>>185874975
> magic circles
also
> sefirot
> crosses
>>
>>185882432
Same. I think it's because Asta has good relationships with his companions, even rivals, and actually does and needs teamwork.
>>
>>185878357
Why does Alucard do it the best?
>>
>>185874975
umineko did it well
>>
>>185882768
Because he's an overpowered inhuman monster
>>
>>185882676
I think because Asta doesn't let the fact he has no magic get him down or make him a depressed angsty teen. He pushes himself to become the best muscle wizard he can be.
>>
>>185882768
Fuck you that's why
>>
>>185882825
Well that too. He's not much of a character, but the little characterisation that there even is in Black Clover makes him pretty likeable.
>>
>>185882461
>implying burgers treat guns with respect and not absolute worship.
>>
>>185850503
This is usually reserved for haremshit, but misunderstandings of ANY type are usually indicative the author is incapable of writing drama. They fall under the category of manipulating readers' emotions, which is some of the lowest quality shit that can be done.
>>
File: IMG_20190304_092937.jpg (261 KB, 1080x819)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>185849031
>>
>>185874975
Magic circles are cool.
>>
>elementary school kids are as mature as adults except for token childish moments

>girl eats sweets
>UMAIIIIII!!!!

>only way to show someone is good with English is to have a foreigner ask them for directions
>>
>MC gets into dangerous situation
>Weak female love interest gets involved without thinking, yelling his name
>Now female character is in danger
>MC starts screaming her name back
>Gets extra injuries from saving her

>Happens regularly within the series
>>
>>185883760
Regularly? Try every 2 outta 3 episodes
>>
>>185848810
shounenshit in general, i don't get how anyone can guzzle that shit down, 20 episodes of filler for a story episode where they beat a villian, but WAIT there's an even STRONGER villian!!

Repeat ad infinitum for 1000+ episodes, would gladly watch 12 episode moe shows for eternity if it meant no more shounenshit
>>
>>185874975

I absolutely love this. Come at me bro.
>>
>>185855210
I like it in Ippo
>>
>>185882989
>manipulating reader's emotions
What?



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.