[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Mari_(Plugsuit_08).png (157 KB, 275x865)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
Hey there, gents, noticed a bunch of eva threads today so I chose to ask this now. How do you think Mari's character should be/ should have been handled?

Personally, I think that her enigmatic personality, coupled with her "using" Kaji to "get what she wants" makes her seem like an anti-kaworu except tacked on to Asuka instead of Shinji, considering her knowledge of the inner workings of eva units.
>>
>>183255962
I think she's a poorly thought out character that largely exists to sell figures to otaku. Reading behind the scenes interviews regarding her really only serves to fuel this as they discuss how even during 2.0 they didn't know what they wanted out of her character.

She has potential to be something but all she does is fall flat on her face. It was fine to plant seeds and mystery during 2.0, but 3.0 doesn't really need her at all, and 3.0+1.0 will most likely not have any real pay off for her.
>>
File: 1417998668416.jpg (183 KB, 850x1217)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>183255962
I like her and hope she gets lots o screen time in the last movie.
She needs more development and 3.0 sucked balls in doing that.
>>
>>183256219
Yeah I was also thinking that she served as a sort of maguffin since Anno wanted her to "destroy eva". She was probably meant to bait certain evafags (t. me) into analyzing her to see what makes her tick, to no avail.

>>183256280
Yeah, I like her character design, and she really seems like a breath of fresh air. I felt like the EVA fights that she was in were a lot cooler, and makes me wish there was a spinoff where we could just see EVAs fighting. I love the technobabble and the action.
>>
>>183256663
Well, we got SSSS Gridman.
>>
I want to fuck her and her doujins are good. I dont give a damn about eva.
>>
i think she should punish my balls
>>
>>183256915
>>183257225
lol nice
>>
>>183257264
do you want to know how she would do it?
>>
>>183255962
It feels like the writers had bigger plans for her but they changed their plans because fans didn't really like her.
>>
>>183256219
This. When the Eva remakes started coming out every convenience store in Japan was plastered with Mari posters, Mari signs, Mari figurines and other merch.
She's purely glasses-fetish otakubait.
>>
>>183257406
Yeah, especially in the 2.0 after credits, I thought she was really gonna do something since she was talking to a bunch of Rei's

Speaking of which, what the fuck even happened to those scenes, literally none of them were in 3.0
>>
I want to methodically fill Mari's plugsuit with my gooey semen. I'm well aware that this would take many months, but I would take up this colossal challenge for her. I would insert tubes into her anus and VAGINAl cavities so I would be able to enter her once the deed was complete. Once the semen filled up to her neck I would carefully remove the tubes and most likely take a break to let my dick cool down. After a few days I would begin mercilessly fucking each one of her sweet honey holes, I mean, I would be fucking her so rough the hardened semen inside the suit would begin to crack. I would then proceed to remove the suit and begin patching the cracks with fresh semen, forever encasing her in my love.
>>
>>183257691
nice, very creative
>>
She has the biggest tits, therefore she is best girl.
>>
File: George-Zimmer-Pic.jpg (1.9 MB, 1200x1200)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
>>183257691
Hi, I'm George Zimmer.
>>
>>183257969
fuck that's a blast from the past
>>
I like seeing her in doujins, but she's pointless in the movies, and that's kind of the point.
>>
I want to mating press her but otherwise dont think about her
>>
>>183255962
Character who could have been interesting if Rebuild 3.0 didn't cause everything to start again with a blank slate. As it is she was enigmatic and could have been interesting but now I don't see any way there'll be pay off for anything around her.
>>
>>183257902
>>183258803
>>183259042
Understandable, the sentiment is mutual.

But it is because she gets my rocks off so nicely that I want her to be a better character.
>>
honestly doesn't make me as horny as the original cast for some reason
>>
>>183255962
Fapbait
>>
>>183255962
Fanservice, the character
>>
shes cute but theres zero reason for her to exist beyond selling new merch
>>
>>183259725

Yeah its a shame. She had an entire ass solo fight to herself, shame that they didnt expand on her relative to how much runtime her scene took
>>
>>183257902
Doesn't Misato have the biggest tits?
>>
>>183255962
I wish Touji was in the story instead.
>>
>>183255962
I find her way less attractive than Rei and Asuka so she's not even good as that. I think the only hope for her as a character now is being an attachment to Asuka. Her dynamic with Shinji did have a bit of chemistry but it's overshadowed by his stuff with other characters (which is what audiences want to see anyway), whereas her dynamic with Asuka stands on its own better.

Her merch sells way less than the established characters too. It's so frustrating when everything is sold out except for Marishit...
>>
>>183257841
do you want to know how she would punish my balls?
>>
File: Poochie.gif (28 KB, 170x306)
28 KB
28 KB GIF
>>183255962
>MY NAME IS MARY M AND I ROCK THE TELLY
>I'M HALF LUM AND A THIRD KABUTO
>A KARATE IDOL FROM AKIBA CITY
>I'M THE RAPPING PILOT
>YOU ARE THE BAKA I PITY
>Rei: Mari is an outrageous gal
>Asuka: She's totally in my face
>>
Nice answers, gents, but tell me, what else do you guys think Mari could have been used for?

I think that since she was meant to be a Kaji-esque spy character, that she could be used to redpill the pilots on SEELE, or she could shed light on what the fuck happened during the timeskip.
>>
>>183262583She can be used for pleasuring dicks
>>
>>183255962
Wasted potential.

>>183262583
An agent of change. The one thing that causes the timeline to go off the rails whether she knows it or not.
>>
We needed a girl that was into femdom, so she's the absolute perfect addition
>>
File: 07.jpg (153 KB, 966x690)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
I still don't know who the fuck she is and why she seems to have a detached attitude that comes from having knowledge like Kaworu has
>>
>>183255962
I think it should be another broken character like the rest of the cast

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.