[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 15 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: OhShit.png (1.05 MB, 1548x1006)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
Well at least i trid to modelize a coherent face but a.... Well

Where should I start ?
>>
>>694180

Loomis.
>>
>>694180
Anatomy for sculptors is the best guide you can ever have.
If you are looking for tutorials any tutorial in cgpeers about basic sculpting should do the trick but I would recommend lurking a lot in gumroad first, there is a lot of good tutorials there
>>
Yeah, a bit of study about face anatomy and facial features could help you.
Since you have your base, you could maybe try to modelize the thing that seems to be easiest according to you and gradually continue to refine the other parts
>>
>>694196
/thread
>>
>>694200
Thanks anon I'm gonna take Anatomy for sculptors and study.
>>
>>694234
No problem, and please, try to study enough so you don't end up like 3DGuy
>>
>>694243
>3DGuy
3DGuy ? You mean him ? http://www.3dguy.fr/
>>
>>694245
Oh, you don't lurk that much here do you?
I actually mean THIS 3DGuy
https://sketchfab.com/Ericmor
He shitposts here, you can find some of his posts in the recent threads.
He thinks he is funny but everyone here tries to ignore him. His models are hideous and refuses to make non """'""""""stylized""""""""" characters, so PLEASE don't be like him and before stylization learn proper anatomy
>>
>>694245
No, he means the functionally diverse guy who posts here under that name.
>>
>>694268
Oh god you mean.. him ?
God damnit I know his models since i'm on /3/
>>
Is it the right book ? https://anatomy4sculptors.com/products/anatomy-for-sculptors-understanding-the-figure

Confirm and I'll take it
>>
>>694306
It's pirated on the usual places, bro.
>>
>>694180
>Where should I start ?
>>>/ic/BEG/
having some drawing experience will help dramatically in sculpting
>>
Why don't zbrush beginners ever use base meshes? They are a priceless helper at the beginning and there's some pretty good ones already built right in. Is it pride or something? You wanna be like your favorite yutub that does everything from scratch in a super wasteful way?
>>
>>694323
Because only NOOBS use base meshes. What are you, some kind of NOOB?
>>
>>694323
Well, I do it because of practice, I want to undwrstand the shapes that I'm making, but obviously if I have to make something else I'd rather use a base mesh
>>
>>694321
>having some drawing experience will help dramatically in sculpting
yeah it helps
but there's absolutely no reason to learn to draw first, if sculpting is what you want to do

that would be like learning chinese because you want to learn japanese
>>
>>694333
>but there's absolutely no reason to learn to draw first, if sculpting is what you want to do
There is a reason, and it's that you'll learn anatomy faster through drawing than through sculpting.
>>
>>694336
I'm agree, I draw and drawing make you record anatomy. Then you just to apply in 3D or 2D or whatever
>>
>>694336
you are an idiot
>>
>>694342
Does it hurt when the bubble bursts, sweetheart?
>>
you might try clay sculpting. it's more tactile and visceral than 3d, and you get to put your WIPs up on a shelf and show them off. its not so hard, and you see how forms interconnect organically.
>>
File: 1417969401300.jpg (14 KB, 260x232)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>694180
jesus fucking christ have you ever seen a human face before?
>>
>>694943
ayyy, he said nothing about it being human.
>>
>>694336
not necessarily true at all
if you wanna sculpt, learn by sculpting, end of story
people like you easily confuse the "muh drawing skills" with what it actually practices, which is observation skills, which you can practice with whatever the fuck medium you want

>>694344
get off your high horse and kys possibly?
>>
>>694944
kek
so it's a.. shit alien face then?
>>
>>694945
>which is observation skills, which you can practice with whatever the fuck medium you want
So how do you practice observation skills with sculpting? You bring your Cintiq to the live drawing class and fire up ZBrush like a proper chad?
>>
>>694949
well you can practice with anatomy references and exercises and whatnot, which there are plenty online, but if you insist on going to a class with a live model, clay does the trick pretty well and the skills actually transfer more closely to your zbrush work
>>
>>694949
>>694951
this being said, the chad option is also solid
>>
>>694200
People who recomend anatomy books to someone who clearly doesn't even know the first thing about proper observation / copying should really get punched in the shoulder harshly.

>>694180
Keys to drawing is always a solid start. Don't start with loomis, it's not as beginner (not total beginner, anyway) friendly as most people seem to believe, and many people have trouble with it.
>>
>>694323
Seriously? How are you gonna learn anatomy if its already done for you?
>>
>>694268
He is funny
You are just a no fun allowed sjw shitlib
>>
>>694974
>I don't know how to make this shape
>Here are tips on how to do it
>No, that's bad
ok retard

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.