[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

FakeOP edition

previous: >>679496

Reminder!
This thread is for any help you need with your work, regarding technique and/or software. All simple and/or stupid questions should go in here too.

Also, please do head over to the previous thread and help to answer any unanswered questions!
>>
Simple question for a beginner. I'm currently working on retopology. What kind of poly count should I aim for in a player character for a video game?
>>
>>684106
>>
25000 tris or polys?
>>
>>684106

Current gen 50k - 100k triangles for hero characters in action games. 25-40k for characters in open world multi character npc games.
>>
File: hair.jpg (47 KB, 590x269)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
How is this hair technique and topology achieved? Is it some kind of special extrusion method?
>>
>Maya 2019
>play animation in viewport
>goes quickly
>play animation backwards
>slow as fuck
>can mouse drag forward and back across the timeline and the viewport doesn't slow down at all
Why?
>>
>>684130
You can achieve a similar effect by scaling out the vertices on an icosphere then adding loops.
>>
How is Blender 2.8? I’m thinking of switching over to it for my sculpting and animation.

Also, there was an old plugin that could turn your freestyle lines into gpencil, is there anything like that in 2.8?
>>
>>684143

A tad crashy but a massive leap from 2.79. Much easier to use and has been brought up to have some stuff that should have been in there long ago. Still has some bullshit to work out but so much nicer in almost every way.
>>
>>684153
Cool, I saw they streamlined a lot of it but wanted to make sure some functionality wasn’t lost.
>>
File: 1530540349373.png (123 KB, 425x425)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
What's the name of those wearables used to hide hair (pic related)? I came across the term 'bald cap', but that's for a make-up technique.
>>
>>684261
Doo rag?
>>
File: TB.png (238 KB, 770x904)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
1 or 2
>>
File: 35673567356.jpg (225 KB, 1023x682)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
Are there any success stories of a Pygmalion descendant creating a game that's small in scope but good quality?
>>
File: 321opq.jpg (97 KB, 500x768)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
How do you protect a character or IP that you create?

Is it automatic like copyright or are applications needed?
>>
>>684274
"a character or *any other* IP"

>>684272
>Pygmalion descendant
That feel, I know it
>>
>>684274
They're called lawyers. They cost a lot of money and they're not automatic.

I've never tried to get one through an app... i wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>684267

2 with 1s eyes.

>>684274

You keep the source material and publish something with the character. Nobody can then say it wasn't you who did it first.
>>
>>684274
You need to register a trademark. It's not automatic like copyright.
https://secureyourtrademark.com/can-you-trademark/trademark-a-character/
>>
>>684274
Copyright is automatically recognized as yours from the moment you create an original work. If you ever need to go to court you just need to be able to prove you're the author and that your work predates the copy, there is no registration or such needed for you to hold copyright.
>>
File: gay-man-walking.jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
I do markerless motion-capture and I would like to run and do other actions in one spot. Does anyone know of any omni-directional walking platforms similar to pic-related? I need as much line of sight on my actor's as possible so I can't use pic-related because of the parts attached to the waist. Is there anything that can accomplish this?
>>
>>684274
this >>684311 is correct.

however, 'proving' that you're the original author can be problematic so sometimes it's worth registering copyright if you think there's potentially large amounts of money involved.

this >>684284 is completely wrong.

>>684321
infinadeck might be able to build you one if you throw enough money at them. i don't think they have a commercial offering right now.

iirc even their system struggles with quick changes in direction.
>>
>>684324
>'proving' that you're the original author can be problematic
It helps to keep a list of files at different key points in the creation of the work, from zero to completion. The infringing party won't have them, unless stolen.
>>
File: 1553096101090.jpg (87 KB, 1000x1000)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>684265
Thanks for the pointer, I didn't know that term either (ESL here).

I finally found it; they are called "wig caps".
>>
What would cause white spots to appear after baking?
>>
>>684341
Improper mixing of flour.
>>
>>684278
Thanks

and again

1 2 or 3
>>
File: 21.2.png (415 KB, 719x1076)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>684391
>>
how the fuck do i use blender
i tried to look up tutorials, but they arent direct and same goes for youtube where i hear a guy ranting about his life for an hour and no telling me how this shit works
>>
Is "tracing" (i.e., retopologizing other people's meshes) good practice?
>>
File: sdafdvqeq.jpg (336 KB, 1600x1067)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
Might not be the right place for this, please forgive in advance.
I found out about these splatoon models made by MochiMamochi and I would really like to use them for some class projects, but they nuked their accounts.
Would anybody know where to find them, or at least know what happened to the creator?
>>
>>684261
looks like a swimming cap to me
>>
>>684394
>how the fuck do i use blender
You are at a point in life where you still can make the right choice. Uninstall Blender.
>>
>>684395
Don't use you trace in a project, but tracing does make for good practise.
>>
https://youtu.be/fi9jr0ZY5wQ?t=51

How can I achieve an effect like this in blender? I tried using FLIP fluids which didn't work at all, dynamic paint doesn't seem to be it either, but maybe I'm doing it wrong? Also, how can I make blood squirt out of a wound and splatter onto walls and such?
>>
Has anyone managed to get rid of the watermark for Arnold for c4d?
>>
>>684678
Just stick your own watermark over the existing one, you'll be fine.
>>
>>684678
Buying a license works.
>>
File: file.png (203 KB, 449x504)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>684396
not the same one but I have one of mochi's models. Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/#F!LH5TEIoK!jnLduVmYnG-hIUhp6KQTrA
>>
File: bl.png (974 KB, 1197x608)
974 KB
974 KB PNG
is there an easy way to assign faces to a tileset image like this pic from psx spyro, in blender?
one that isnt selecting each manually and lining the vertices up to the image 1000s of times
>>
>>684760
- Make the texture atlas image square.
- Enable Snap to Pixles.

That can help cut down on the tedium of texture assignment.
>>
what happens if i try to sell assets made with a student license in maya? can they find out if i sell them on the unity store?
what if i pirate maya? can i sell them then? would autodesk know?
i ask simply cause i can't afford a fucking license right now.
>>
>>684836
>export obj from maya
>download blender
>import obj into blender
>export obj from blender
congratulations, you made your asset in blender.
>>
File: 1484660975278.jpg (384 KB, 1280x720)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
>>684836

Bonjour. Ok Monsieur I will load Sarah.obj into blender and make it look like a heart attack. Au revoir.
>>
>>684837
I'm sure their stuff isn't that easy to circumvent.
>>
File: 1543521879459.png (224 KB, 720x400)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
Something like a cape, skirt, or just about any clothing is much easier to rig and animate if they are rendered as two sided polygons without any thickness to them, since there are less verts to deal with. The downside is it will be obvious to the viewer that the cloth has no thickness and will look a lot worse. Is there some happy medium that gets the best of both worlds?
>>
>>684845
Rig the one-sided, use it as a deformation proxy for the thick version.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (477 KB, 2400x800)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
first time trying out a different render engine than arnold.

i know i shouldn't be expecting 1:1 results going from unbiased path-tracer to something like an irradiance map, but is pic-related normal?

same hdri, same geo, same subdivs.
this is diffuse only, no spec. i just want to check lighting against an arnold baseline.
>>
>>684868
i've worked out this only seems to happen with dome lights. does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
>>
>>684882
dome lights with hdris*
>>
How do video games have 1 animated character with a million different clothing options? How do they rig all those different mesh clothing models to work with the same animations? In MMO's especially, characters with different races and bodysizes all use the same clothing and animations.
>>
>>684912
You have a nude or jumpsuit type version of the character that is fully rigged that you use as the base.
you model then model clothes to fit around that model and then use a wrap function to assign weight to the vertices of the clothes based on their proximity to vertices on the nude mesh.
Some clean up and adjustments of the weights by hand is typically necessary but this will take care of most of the tedious weight mapping work.

To avoid clipping you then have specials meshes of any exposed skin that goes with the clothing type.
Like for example a pair of arms a bit of the neck and the lower part of the stomach if your character is wearing a girly T-shirt and a pair of pants.

To get body sizes and different races to work the process varies from game to game, sometimes the races body types are just a rescaled/morphed version of a base body.
Other times each race body has a different hand tweaked variation of the same armor. It's tedious work getting something like that in order.
>>
>>684104
Is there any good places to learn how to do low poly work? I know the sticky has two examples (one is broken).
>>
>>684913

Did anyone ever do a tutorial series on this kind of stuff.
>>
will learning 3d help me learn perspective drawing?
>>
>>684952
No, the opposite. You can improve your anatomy skills by 3d sculpting characters, but your hand-drawn perspective is basically orthogonal.

However you can use 3d tools to create backgrounds or lay out scenes in perspective, which is very VERY common for concept art.
>>
>>684965
>but your hand-drawn perspective is basically orthogonal.
u wot
>>
>>684267
Just to give you some crit. Your face is too wide.
>>
>>684967
maybe he meant orthographic? Not sure.
>>
>>684951
Don't think so, making those kinda games are these massive team efforts and the people you have on hand for those projects either already know what to do
or will be shown how to by senior artists as well as provided working examples and keynotes.

While a series doesn't exist you can prob find someone showing an example of what to do modding outfits for a game like skyrim/fallout.
Way I first learnt it was by snooping around gamefiles for Oblivion back in the day, if you already know rigging basics you will quickly understand what you are looking at.
>>
>>684923
>places

You mean like a school? I would suggest you don't pay to learn this. You should learn using tutorials available online. CGPersia is a good place to start looking.
>>
File: unknown (34).png (295 KB, 1189x421)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
Hello pals I just downloaded blender and then googled a model from a game to try and make some oc shit that will bother my friend. thing is I don't know nearly anything about blender or how to get started. How do I get this model into the program to start posing it? Do I have to convert anything to a blender format?
>>
>>685110

Looks like an xnalara model. You would have to open it in that and export an obj. Import the obj into blender.
>>
File: unknown (35).png (93 KB, 1191x424)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>685128
ok I will look into that. Can you tell me anything about this model? I am legally retarded and have zero idea of what I am doing.
>>
>>685129

What about it. It looks like the same deal as the other one.
>>
Complete beginner here. I'm trying to rip the NMH models and export them to blender to study them but I'm having issues since the models are GM2(?) files and I can't find how to do anything with those anywhere.
Anybody can give me a few pointers on where to go from this? It's the Wii version ISO by the way, should I try with the 360/Ps3 version or will the files be the same?
>>
I want to progress in hard surface modeling or . sci fi stuff in general, currently using Blender.
Now what would you say is best in terms of purchase:
- A 9 hours course on Zbrush on sculpting a mech
(I have Zbrush but never really use it, I also have a wacom tablet)
- Hard Ops for Blender
>>
I went to the Modifier thing in Blender and selected Decimate. I then adjusted the ratio and clicked the Apply button. Now, is there some special hotkey I need to press to have it applied "for real" before exporting or can I just export now? I seem to remember blender being weird like that from the first time I tried to learn
>>
>>685261

Why pay for it. Pavlovich does loads of hard surface stuff in zbrush.
>>
>>685180

Aren't they already ripped and in xna lara.
>>
File: 1546282921934.jpg (67 KB, 522x465)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>685261
>sculpting hard-surface
>>
I just started on 3D shit, so I downloaded some Sketchfab models to play around with and see how they work. However, some downloads are just an OBJ and a textures folder. I thought the textures were stored in MTL files? Do I have to manually add the textures into Blender? When I load the OBJ it's textureless.
>>
>>685302

It's not traditional sculpting it's ideation modelling really. Make the shape you want cut edges remesh and add creases. Way faster than dragging poly's around.
>>
>>684104
Finishing my Blender donut today then gonna try some animation, any resources like videos or places to get models?
>>
>>685310
Also would importing models from games be helpful for learning? I feel like sculpted models wouldnt help me too much at first
>>
>>684104
Is VR sculpting a meme, or is it worthwhile?
As a newbie, should I practice with it? I already have a headset.
>>
>>685311
>Also would importing models from games be helpful for learning?

No. The short answer is it's like asking if looking at finished piece of glass is going to teach you anything about glass blowing.

The longer answer: The process for ripping models usually leaves a lot of stuff out (like the rigging, weight painting) and the topology of the model is potentially going to be super optimized for that exact model and animation needs.
You might learn a tiny bit from looking at textures but that's really only if you already know how to texture, and even then all you're really going to see is "oh they used this method" not "this is how they did it".

>>685315
It's new so it's untested and lacks the support and documentation of a mature technique or method.
In other words, nobody's doing it right now which doesn't mean it's "bad" it just means it's unproven and a vet is unlikely to invest time or energy into learning a new way of doing something when they're already good at an old way (even if the old way is inferior) when they can get the same results.

If you learn general sculpting concepts and ideas (like say the sort of thing you'd learn from taking an actual clay sculpting class where you work with your hands) you'll probably learn things that can be transferred to other workflows like ZBrush.
>>
>>685307
You should really just stick to tutorials for now.

To answer your question in more depth: If blender didn't automatically create a material, you'll need to create one yourself.
You can then add an Image node to it and select the relevant texture files that way. But really you should stick to tutorials; the fact you didn't know that and couldn't figure it out on your own tells me you're trying to jump the gun and your general knowledge of basic fundamentals is lacking.

I don't mean that in an insulting way, it's a common "pitfall" that beginners fall into; they want to only learn "the cool stuff" so they can make the thing they're interested in and then they'll learn the rest "later", but it doesn't work that way.
It's all connected, you have to learn every bit of everything, you can't just do one thing; it's like flying a plane but thinking you'll skip the runway stuff because you're really only interested in air part.
>>
>>685261
>purchase
Don't do this, steal stuff that way you won't be afraid to "waste your money".

>>685309
>Way faster than dragging poly's around.
The fastest method is the one you're most experienced with. Find what you like then do it.
Once you understand that truth, you'll be free from the chains of trying to find "the best" method or workflow.
>>
>>685325
No worries, I was looking at tutorials but every Blender tutorial was on 2.5 or something and the HUD looked completely different (I'm on 2.8) so I had no idea where anything was. I'm still going through tutorials.
>>
>>685309
I'd say concepting hard-surface with CAD is much faster than sculpting.
>>
>>685324
So what I'm picking up is that there isn't any reason to choose one over the other, but what is most available/easy to use, and use that to learn more generalized skills?
>>
How do I stop focusing so much on my models' asses? I just can't stop.
>>
>>685261
you can literally get hardops off github for free chumba wumba
>>
>>685336
try modeling some girls for a change
>>
>>685376
What are you, gay?
>>
>>684841
How is it that no one's modeled him?
>>
>>685336
That's just how it is.
>>
Do I need to know EU4/Unity to rig models for them?
>>
File: gfgh.jpg (268 KB, 1363x1173)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
Need some help guys
Which is the "correct" workflow for this? Or, what would you do and think its easier?

I have my A-Posed character, textured and everything inside Zbrush. I want to rig it inside Maya, and then, after making 2 or 3 different poses, go back to Zbrush, add more detail.

After this, I want to create blendshapes (Face, skin). They are different for each pose. Then import the model again in Maya and make all the body animations (Breathing, arms).

I have so many questions but I cant figure out the most reasonable workflow.
>Will I lose the bones when importing the fbx inside zbrush?
>What will happen with the skeleton once I import the posed character the 2nd time into maya?

Help and thanks in advance
>>
>>685425

Not an expert but zbrush will get rid of the bones. You could probably transfer skin weights if the mesh is the same topology each time.
>>
File: fsdffsdf.jpg (206 KB, 844x790)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>685431
I think Im going to test all the possible ways and see what adapts best to what I want.

Im afraid Zbrush will delete all the bones after importing the fbx, and trying to rig again an already posed character is a waste of time.

Another option is avoiding to add detail inside zbrush after rigging the model and do that in Maya instead. But I prefer to sculpt all that, specially details which appear after posing a character like related picture.
>>
File: 1528780534002.jpg (107 KB, 1588x1212)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Is this normal map a good result for the object on the right? I want to try just using this as a decal and painting it onto the finished product, baking the insets directly into the finished mesh is a lot more work with setting up arrays and making sure everything is angled right.
>>
File: 1490152995410.png (340 KB, 858x360)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
Do you need to select 2 whole edge loops for Blender's Bridge tool, is there a way to use it otherwise? 3DSMax let's you do individual edges.
>>
File: 232.jpg (687 KB, 1680x2100)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
Can anybody please point me in some kind of direction for animating blood/tears/whatever dripping down the surface of a mesh? Maybe particularly the "correct" method a studio would actually use? I've tried a few approaches now that all fail for one reason or another. Dynamic paint in vertex mode looks like shit/can't figure out how to do it over an existing texture/requires adding >9000 subdivisions to still look like shit. Dynamic paint as image sequence seems like it would be the would be the way to go when I use it on a plane but when I try to do it on a characters face it just seems to shit itself and make a tiny little splotch that doesn't move with the brush at all. Someone on leddit suggested texture paint but I have this weird problem when I try to paint on an existing texture where the color shows up black and white and doesn't appear in rendered view- a problem that can only be mitigated by painting on a solid color and plugging the image texture in afterwards. More importantly than that I don't see how I can record my brush strokes to make the thing actually animate.

This seems like such a basic thing that it's impossible to find information on?
>>
>>685451
You don't need to you can just try it out yourself why are you asking this
>>
File: meshwut.png (168 KB, 1169x634)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
Unity question.
Is this normal? I've only coded 22 triangles and here it says 1.7k
>>
>>685497
Maybe you've got some invisible shit in your scene?
>>
>>685457
i've never done this before, but seen you post about it so you might be desperate enough to try my suggestion:

create the blood as a video texture / image sequence outside of blender and mix it in with an accompanying animated alpha?

and i don't use blender, but i googled a little and noticed you might hit this viewport 'bug':
https://developer.blender.org/T47920
>>
>>685515
>seen you post about it a couple of times*
>>
Posting this here since it's been ignored pretty much.
Here's the question
>>685456

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>685497
It looks like the Horizon adds triangles. Strange
>>
>>685592
probably listing the number of triangles that makes up the geometry for the skydome.
>>
File: 1555450132867.jpg (70 KB, 590x471)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>684104
I hate "reaction pictures" with watermarks.
>>
File: bullshit.png (336 KB, 2732x682)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
Does anyone here work with source and blender? I'm trying to make a viewmodel for source and left is how I rigged and animated it, right is how it looks when opening up the exported smd
>>
>>685641
Something I forgot to note is that I already made a viewmodel before using all of the same steps as this one and it worked fine. It did have the same problem however, and I did something to make it export correctly but I forgot what I did.
>>
File: wire.jpg (60 KB, 759x974)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
is this model usable in a video game?
>>
File: 1 to 2.jpg (150 KB, 2379x993)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
Any way to do something like this without creating a triangle in the middle?
>>
>>685651
Just divide the quads in right in three instead of two?
>>
>>685653
That's what I have in my original model, but it adds 2 loops close together that makes the area look flat when subdivided.
>>
File: shits to giggles.png (5 KB, 1021x562)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>685651
>>
>>685656
Yeah that's what I figured. I wanted to avoid adding another loop on the strip, but I guess it really doesn't matter since it should look cleaner than what I had.

>>685653
>>685656
Thanks for the help guys.
>>
>>685651
>>685655
>>685656
why is this such a big deal? what problems can come out of it staying a triangle?
>>
>>685658
Mostly because it tends to make a mess when subdivided. If your model is not going to get subdivides it does not really matter for a shit.
>>
>>685648
Yeah, definitely. You could probably have tens of times more complexity than that and still run it in fairly old moddable games like New Vegas. Just be sure to triangulate during export.
>>
Where should I start if my main interest is making playstation style low poly models?
I currently know more or less nothing about modelling in general except that I've tried following through vehicle modelling tutorials with Blender a few times. Usually I get about half way through before something doesn't work right. Is it just a matter of perseverance and figuring things out, or have I rushed into things with the wrong idea and without reading/watching some necessary stuff?
>>
File: 1560216035859.jpg (194 KB, 1773x608)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
is this wrong, first pic before smooth, 2nd pic after smooth
>>
File: 1535648518044.jpg (53 KB, 441x355)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>685673
The models for those are really easy, textures are where the magic happens with ultra low poly. Practice painting in surface details, fake having an ejection port and grip knurling on a gun or handles on a car without using any geometry, just textures.
>>685674
You've got a seven sided pole that seems to be causing some problems, as well as a face that's triangulated for no reason. Dissolve the edge marked in yellow, add a new edge loop somewhere around the red line and attach the edge running along the armpit to there.
>>
When doing level design, when making static meshes to replace my BSPs how do I make sure my meshes are to scale with my BSPs (like my floors, walls, stairs etc.). I'm using UE4 and Blender.
>>
>>685678
oh neat, thanks
>>
>>685669
thanks for the response anon. Just;
>Just be sure to triangulate during export.
why is this important?
Anyways, appreciate it
>>
>>685674
neck is too thick, tits are too close together, and shoulders are way too broad. some areas of the topology are too dense, like the mid section of the chest and the outer rings of the tits
>>
>>685716
Models have to be triangulated to run in game engines, if you don't do it yourself, the engine will do its own triangulation that might cause problems, so its best to do it yourself to make sure everything works.
>>
Beginner trying out Blender and Maya 2015. A lot of people based on some google/forum searching say Maya is better than Blender for animation, but they never really explain how so. In what ways is it better in that aspect from your experience?
>>
>>684133
There should be time slider options in the bottom corner, adjust playback speed to either real time 24fps or half at 12fps.
>>
how do i make a hotkey to toggle between perspective/orthographic in 3ds max
>>
>>685771

It's P and U. Customize/Customize user interface all commands.
>>
I have recently been falling off on working, I don't know what to do or where to go from here, all I know is that I want to work, I wanna do/make something

Pic unrelated
>>
>>685753
That is always related to context...what do you want to archive? The more complex it gets the more Maya makes sense until it becomes a necessity, or better every other program becomes a liability in comparison.
>>
>>685753
20 hours of learning to make a half-decent animation with Maya. 80+ hours with Blender and you will still hitting your head in the wall because something does not work the way you want with blender animation.
>>
>>685782
thats to explicitly switch to ortho or perspective. i was asking for a single button to toggle between the modes but turns out you have to write a fucking script for it lmao
>>
>>684104
How do I make a SSS or sub-dermal map, in blender? I have surface painter as well, if it's better to use that.
>>
How the FUCK are you supposed to get straight lines that wrap around objects in Substance Painter?
Every time I try to add some clean panel lines they end up looking like a child did it because none of it is straight.
I've tried painting them, and I've tried using alpha brushes with a straight line, but nothing really works. Wish there was some kind of path tool you could draw that lets you specify exactly how you want a stroke to go.
>>
>>685859
Surface painter the arma mod?
>>
>>685864

Are you using lazy mouse.
>>
Real stupid question here, I'm a Blender noob: when importing a low-poly model from a different engine (e.g. Source engine or XNA) is there a relatively quick way to make it look better, especially on the curvy parts? Render smooth doesn't help much, do I have to manually subdivide?
>>
>>685926
Subdivision modifier.
>>
>>685926
did you even watch the donut tutorial you dunce
>>
>>685892
Yeah, but it's about as effective as painting and holding shift.
Maybe I'll try straightening out my UVs or something.
>>
>>685926
Stupid question, but you at least asked in the right place so you're okay in my book, Blendlet.
>>
File: sss map.jpg (85 KB, 2000x496)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>685885
>>685859
this is what i'm talking about. it's to make skin light realistically.
>>
>>684104
The fuck is this software being used?
>>
File: Multicut error.gif (797 KB, 334x286)
797 KB
797 KB GIF
When I use the multi-cut tool in maya, it's actually expanding my model. Does anyone have experience with this and know how to fix it?
>>
>>685978
so this is the power of maya
>>
>>685978
turn off edge flow in your tool settings.
>>
>>685978
And no, that's not a bug but a feature. It lets you cut into curved surfaces and it tries to support that curve.
>>
>>685982
Blendlet detected
>>
>>685966
That's the SimCity 3000 Unlimited auto terrain generation. Pretty good game.
>>
File: killme.png (144 KB, 300x300)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
Anons how do i stop procrastinating and actually start learning how to model
>>
>>686019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-TohA6ZceU&list=PLxt9ZAGPLIpeB8TcHrpzxvEI4Ve3SfZBC&index=30

An arrimus tutorial a day keeps the frogs gay.
>>
>>686020
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-TohA6ZceU&list=PLxt9ZAGPLIpeB8TcHrpzxvEI4Ve3SfZBC&index=30

>2014

It's ancient though, anon
>>
>>
>>686019
>>686022
>>686023
anime brainrot
>>
>>685993
>>685994
Edge flow was indeed what was causing it, thanks anon.

I haven't gone into what edge flow can do, so I'll use this as incentive to learn more about it.

It makes sense why it would be a function, but
>>
>>686081
*but i'm still not sure what I did to turn it on.
>>
>>685966
Unity with the progrids addon

*unzip dick*

now succ
>>
>>686081
>I haven't gone into what edge flow can do
Basically it's for helping preserve/interpolate curvature when adding edge loops in subdivided meshes. Saves lots of time.
>>
>>686085
I'm not the one who asked, but do you mind if I'm the one who succs?
>>
>>686022
Hmm that is true, you should look for some 3ds Max 2019 modeling tutorials instead.
>>
>>686099
Why? It's not as if anything had changed since then.
>>
>>686100
He was being sarcastic (I hope)
>>
What's a good way to model clothing like overalls for video game models and avoid clipping in animation?
>>
>>686141
Marvelous designer
>>
>>684104
I want to make texture mods for games. The current game im focused on is tekken 7 which uses dds textures. Is there any useful resources around on where to learn photoshop specifically for texture editing meshes ?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.