[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next 72 hours. Click here to submit your application.

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

File: oot comparison.jpg (44 KB, 400x441)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
How did they go so wrong?
>>
>>667043
they went the generic obvious route instead of actually remastering it properly (especially lighting/mood and Link's features)
>>
>>667043
They should rename Link to Twink
>>
>>667043

they had fucking oder to create the game for 5 years old game hardware.
>>
>>667043
what I heard was that the 3D stereoscopic effect on the n3ds doesn't work as well with dim lights, so they had to make everything way brighter in the game for it to work
>>
>>667052
seeing the result, that would make sense..!

next time maybe don't insist on tech that impedes you from achieving proper lighting maybe?
slow clap to the developers on this one
>>
File: Ocarina of Time Art_.jpg (2.83 MB, 1914x2500)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>>667043
1. They released on a system that doesn't deal well with heavy contrast so the lighting engine they went with produces flat looking visuals

2.They went with a generic art direction that reinterprets the low poly models of the original game instead of doing what they should've done and more faithfully recreate the look and feel of the original 90's graphic novel art style.
>>
>>667043
That blonde girl there is called zelda right? And she is constantly saving her sister or something.
>>
>>667043
Care to explain what's wrong here? The bottom one (which I suppose is the original) looks way too dark. The top one looks much better over all.
>>
Link made me into a shotacon
>>
>>667043
In addition to all of the technical stuff the anons before me explained, the 3DS is a consol designed for use on-the-go. Ever played a game in the bus when the sun is flashing into your eyes all the time? Yeah good luck with this moody and dark BS
>>
>>667043
I don't understand the new one looks so much better
>>
>>667813
Its the lighting we are discussing, not textures or models. Its starkly different.
>>
>>667043
Where did it go wrong with you, OP?
>>
>>667054
>next time maybe don't insist on tech that impedes you from achieving proper lighting maybe?
"Haha, no" said the Japanese businessman; and lo, was their entire catalogue for the next generation forced to use mobile hardware with a poor battery life.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.