[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next 72 hours. Click here to submit your application.

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

File: shit.jpg (23 KB, 540x960)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>forgot that you're using a cracked version
>send crash report to autodesk
>>
>sending crash reports ever
COMPUTER INFILTRATED BY THE GUBBERMENS GOOD JOB IDITARD
>>
>>665915
>not blocking connection
>not using student license
>>
>>665915
>sending crash report
Just restart the damn thing. Not like the give a shit what you think.
>>
>>665915
oh yeah fucktard
a SWAT team will be breaking your door any second now
just kys
>>
Chill, OP. They may even be happy about another bug report to help them improve their product.
>>
Keep this handy anon, you might need it!

https://scottandscottllp.com/top-tips-for-responding-to-an-autodesk-audit/
>>
File: ...jpg (47 KB, 576x955)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
> tfw launch your cracked version for the first time and see the Help tab
>>
>>665915
>>665985
>Autodesk legal department starting a lawsuit audition procedure for software license infringement in anons mother basement
Just only one case like that being confirmed would make the entire pirate user base to thrown out all their autodesk products and replace them with Blender.
Blender foundation would throw a party with champagne and whores in that day.
>>
>>666002
Keep dreaming, Blendie.
>>
>>666002
Nah, it'd just make people who want to learn 3D give up entirely and boycott all programs.

It may not kill Autodesk, but hey! At least we'd stop having these "Is X better than Y threads" on /3/ (or really, just /3/ in general would be shut down)
>>
>>666002
Happens all the time. Settlements contain NDA clauses. If you haven't been audited it's because you don't make enough money to cover the time it would cost Autodesk's legal department to go after you.
>>
>>666019
Yes and no. If they audited a business and found they had a licensing infringement (e.g. employee using a legal personal copy for work), they'd bury it after an agreement with the company.

Now if they audited a company (or individual) and found pirated software, they have no reason not to disclose that. In fact it'd likely be seen as beneficial, firing a warning shot. RIAA and the MPAA among others have done just that historically, charging what amounts to a randomly selected person and inflating their charges into the stratosphere to garner attention.
>>
>>666035
They only go after people that they can get money out of. Legal departments, just like any other department has a budget and they are expected to maximize returns on their budget. Making an example out of someone is costly and unlikely to increase revenue(this about revenue not stopping piracy). Quietly auditing people and businesses that can pay does work out very well for Autodesk. Since it's quiet people keep pirating, thinking it's safe, nothing happens, till one day they get a letter demanding access to their network and all computers or else a lawsuit is filed in court and you have to appear. Settlements are typically 3x the amount of pirated licenses in use. For subscription this gets very costly very quickly. Just because you don't read news articles about it doesn't mean this isn't happening. It's happening enough that is lucrative for law firms to offer specialized legal counsel.
>>
>>665915
I work at Autodesk and I can tell you in our case at least, that we know about every single user who is using cracked version of our products.
>>
>>667073
Lol upvoted this
>>
>>667074
go back to plebbit you fucking mongloid
>>
>>666002

No we wouldn't be stupid enough to switch to a software nobody uses outside of it's deluded cult.
>>
File: BlenderSoyboi.jpg (111 KB, 960x960)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>667113
>>
>>665915
Dont worry they clearly dont pay attention to crash reports in any of their software.
>>
File: 1543617475464.jpg (95 KB, 960x960)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>667073
My dad works for Autodesk and he tells me you're full of shit.
>>
>>667405
Well, my dad IS Autodesk. Nice try, blendlet.
>>
Back in the early-90s my dad work for a small engineering company in South Texas. They could afford two computers but only had 1 license for AutoCAD. So they ran it on both. Well one day someone from Autodesk called and the secretary answered and mention how both computers ran great with the software and that got the interest of the AutoCAD representative. A few weeks later they get a bill from AutoCAD saying pay you this much or prove you have two licenses somehow. I think it was something on the order of like $60,000. Somehow my dad's boss (at the time) managed to talk them down to a couple of thousand dollars and or removed AutoCAD from the second but it's scared the hell out of everybody there. Next time when I talk to my dad I'll get more details I kind of forgot about the whole story.
>>
>>667413
Back then AutoCAD (and Max/Maya as well) cost like 20 grand per license.
>>
>>667420
3D Studio Max(and it's DOS predecessor) always did cost $3,495 throughout the 90s and early 00s.
Maya Complete/Unlimited for $7,500 and $16,000, until 2003.

Your typical single seat licence of Alias or Softimage did go for $30k in the early 90s, but prices went down significantly as the competition got stronger.
>>
>>667405
Blender works for my autodesk and it says you're my dad
>>
>>667427
>Your typical single seat licence of Alias or Softimage did go for $30k in the early 90s, b
LOL, but how much did the SGI hardware cost to run it ?
>>
>>667437
Depending on how beefy the configuration was(CPU(s), graphic subsystem, memory); everything between $10k and $100k, more likely something in between.

Like today you could not expect much productivity out of entry-level hardware.
>>
File: JUDEN.jpg (21 KB, 612x408)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
The CEO of Autodesk, Andrew Anagnost, is Jewish.
>>
>>667441
Okay, and?
>>
File: AutodeskGrubOwner.jpg (19 KB, 220x220)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>667443
>>
>>667428
Hello son
>>
>>666002
The Foundry unironically does that
>>
>>667412
No wonder you're so defensive of that good-for-nothing old loser.
>>
>>667444
okay, and?
>>
File: 1549261077210.jpg (133 KB, 527x588)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>667779
>>
File: smart.jpg (126 KB, 482x533)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
LUL

I have Solidworks and downloaded it on public wifi. Then I blocked every application from every installation folder and their licensing folders on my firewall, so it can't phone home.

Just write a batch file to iterate through your folders and look through the processes and services running in Task Manager (right click, open file locatoin). Block all of them on the firewall so it can't phone home. Some of these softwares are pinging servers on regular intervals when you start/use them, regardless of crash reports.
>>
File: 1518544883993.jpg (41 KB, 499x499)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>667860
I literally had like 200 applications blocked from all of their folders by the time it was all said and done. You can never be too careful. I even downloaded wireshark to monitor network activity to make sure it wasn't calling out.
>>
>>667860
>>667861
Have you blocked all apps in the system folders as well? Some software installs their phone-calling bits there.
>>
>>665915
it's okay nobody reads them anyway :---D t. autodesk representative
>>
>>667860
>>667861
Wtf is wrong with you? None of these companies give a fuck, lol

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.