[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: trackball-reviews.jpg (148 KB, 1200x626)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
Lads, 3rd worlder here, wanting to invest on a trackball this african american friday.
What does /3/ recommend? Something that won't break the bank, if you will.
I mainly work with AutoCAD (2D) and Solidworks (3D)
Can't trust other places not to shill for shekels.
>>
>>651779
Logitech m570, everything else is trash.
Unless you can find a wired logitech trackman wheel
>>
what's the appeal of these? why use one over a mouse?
>>
>>651805
ergonomics
>>
>>651806
That's a really good reason, do you find them to be just as accurate as mice?
>>
>>651807
apologies, I have no personal experience with those, but for me, their appeal is pretty much that, better ergonomics for people that draw a ton using a mouse
>>
>>651805
If you are prone to carpal tunnel, these eliminate wrist movement for one, they also occupy much less workspace because the actual mouse is stationary, also manipulating the ball with your thumb is more precise imo

I started using one in 2009 and haven't looked back
>>
File: 4953103308152.jpg (28 KB, 500x500)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Ended up getting that Elecom extra large trackball, there was one of those flash sales at Amazon, paid 45 USD for it.
>>
File: Penguin Mouse 4.jpg (85 KB, 1000x1000)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>651803
This. I've got the same and it's pretty great.

If you want to spend a bit more though get a Penguin mouse (pic related). They look retarded and take a day or two to get used to, but Jesus, I've never had hand pain at all with it. Normal mice hurt after a while, and so does the Logitech after a good bit more, but the Penguin has been super comfy this whole time even after hours of straight work. Especially because it's ambidextrous. If my hand hurts on one side, just flip hands and give it a break. I wish the Logitech was able to switch hands but that's the only problem with it for me.
>>
CST L-Trac masterrace
>>
>>651936
you can still pinch nerves in your wrist by using your thumb all the time. I used to use one as a teenager and almost converted a friend, but his dad was a chiropractor and refused to let him use one
>>
>>651936
Lifter here. I used to get inflammation in my tendons a lot, but I started experimenting with diet and now I no longer get tendonitis and shit. Basically you need to eliminate inflammatory foods from your diet like grains, nuts, seeds, starches, etc. They have a lot of toxic compounds to mammals as a defense mechanism from being eaten. I stick to an animal products only diet with some fruits from time to time. You don't have to eliminate carbs completely, but it helps to go keto to reduce inflammation. Just eat meat, dairy, eggs and you'll be fine and not deficient in anything since they're super nutritious. Best of luck to ya.
>>
>>652020
>Chiropractor
He's wrong anon. You would have to use it a looot. His dad was just retarded.
>>
>>654123
Can vouch for this. I did carnivore keto to lose weight. In a few weeks most of my wrist and elbow inflammation were gone. I did pic related for about 2 mins every day and now joints feel great.
>>
>>652020
>chiropractor
lel
>>
>>651779
Here's a pro-tip before you trackball yourself; Try and wear a tennis wristband for a few days and make a point of having it on whenever you sit by the computer.
Carpal Tunnel isn't so much from using a regular mouse as it is you fucking around with your wrist to get around the friction of your skin coming into contact with the mousepad.
When you have cloth on your wrist your hand will glide more effortlessly across the surface and relieve compression of the nerves when your hand is at rest.
The wristband will also straighten your wrist and gently aid in flexion making you work the mouse more from elbow and shoulder unconsciously.
>>
File: IMG_20181210_195822190.jpg (128 KB, 1418x798)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>651779
Been using this bad boy for years. I've had to rebuild it 3 times though, I feel the day when I can't get spare parts. I know the make a wireless version but wired4lyfe bro!
>>
>>655113
I have the wireless version of that mouse and the battery life is pretty good man.
I've had batteris in about a year and I've used it every day still works fine. It's not hard to just swap them out when they run dry, especially compared to rebuilding that gross looking mouse. I'd prefer wired, but using the mouse across the room when I'm watching videos has its benefits.
>>
>>652018
I see bad dragon is delving into the computer tech industry these days.
>>
>>655274
trackballs are older than mice

found the filthy Zoomer
>>
>>651803
Truth

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.