[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 93 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]


Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!



File: 1522803708891.jpg (24 KB, 439x482)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
How do they keep getting away with it????? This entire movie is shit babby tier cg. Why do we even try anymore when this is what gets released into theaters?

https://youtu.be/cislZ9S0ocA
>>
What's so wrong about that? It's literally anime irl
>>
>>650418
OP is dense, dumb, and just wants attention
>>
>>650412
>How do they keep getting away with it?????
Because it's shown at 24 fps.
>>
>>650412
oh ggggod!! This could have been a good movie if not for the eyes. It's super uncanny valley and distracting. Trash before delivery :(
>>
>>650432
It's supposed to be uncanny
She's a robit
>>
>>650434
Her eyes dont look like that because she's a robot in the pic you posted. They look like that because they're from a manga character
>>
>>650432
>if not for the eyes
>>650435
>They look like that because they're from a manga character
I heard that before. From everybody who first watched anime in the 90s.
This... is happening all over agai. Soon, sailor moon the movie. With those eyes.
WITH THOSE EYES.
>>
File: I CAN SEE YOU.jpg (70 KB, 1463x747)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>650441
>>
>>650442
Oh my gosh
>>
I don't think it looks bad, stylistically it's debatable quality, but the cgi itself seems executed well
now the eyes though, what the fuck
i don't give a rat's ass it's closer to source material, you can't give a character eyes that huge, you either give everyone huge eyes and make it all anime and dial back the realism a bit to not make it look creepy or you just don't fucking do it, who the fuck thought this was a good idea
>>650434
this reasoning is not much different than giving a main anime character ridiculous hair style and color because it's the main character and needs to be unique
i don't know how, but they could've been more subtle about making her stand out and it would've paid back by not alienating people who are accustomed with normal face proportions, e.g. everyone
>>
>>650455
Duh, eyes looks great for me
There is no correlation, except possibly a negative one, between people’s ability to recognize good design and their confidence that they can
>>
>>650412

What, you mean another shitty aesthetic decision from the same moron that brought us fifteen fucking Spy Kids movies that NOBODY ASKED FOR has made another shitty aesthetic decision that makes NO FUCKING SENSE?

...weird.
>>
>>650418
>>650420
>>650434

if its because it came from the manga then why the fuck dont all the fucking characters have stupid fucking eyes too?

oh right because its fucking stupid
>>
I remember when the very first trailer came out. People were so fucking off-put by the bugeyes they had to later release an alternate version where the eyes were made smaller (not by much though).
Still, it's fucking stupid trying to force anime-grade neoteny into live-action anything. It doesn't work in live-action because there's just too much detail.
Side-note: kinda like this new trend where /3/ just actively shits on all CGI coming out in the mainstream. Feels like this place is coming alive again.
>>
Alita isn't going to be a blockbuster anyway, this is clearly a passion project.
>>
>>650463
Jokes on you, there's only just 4. Hilariously, it also takes place in the Machete universe, too.
>>
>>650463
You're a complete fucking idiot if you think spy kids or Robert Rodriguez sucks.
>>
File: oh-oh-retard-alert.jpg (218 KB, 1199x680)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>650519

I bet you're super excited for "Machete Kills IN SPAAAAAAAACE"
>>
>>650534
>I hate fun and also I suck cocks
>>
>>650455
>>650464
Dude, here too? I've seen this same complaint in a few other places online and it's the same damn thing which makes me believe it's the same person.
Your logic about why don't all the other characters in the movie have the same anime eyes is very flawed.
Alita is just a brain in a robot body, the body just happens to have a doll like appearance with the huge eyes. That's why she looks like that and not everyone else. How hard is that to understand? Are you slow in the head? Did you not get enough oxygen while in your moms womb?
>>
>>650538
>it's just impossible that others can share the same opinions that conflict with mine! impossible, i tell you! impossible!
Your logic can be equally as flawed. You know half of the movie's characters are more or less cyborgs, right? Why aren't they styled like their manga counterparts then? And if we're in a world where we just butcher the looks of cyborgs "because they're not human", why is Alita the only one that looks completely fucked?
>>
>>650412
>James Cameron, Robert Rodriguez
Ok.
>Story by Yukito Kishiro
HOLY SHIT, they´re copying the manga under the supervision of the ORIGINAL AUTHOR.
They´re NOT making shit up, they´re following the comic, panel by panel, just like 300.
THAT´S how you do it, my niggas.
>>
>>650567
Good joke. The "original author" might as be considered dead, all he did since the past 18 years has been nowhere near the level of the original series. So no, it's "under the supervision of the guy who made Last Order and who is making Mars Chronicles". Sounds like you didn't even read the series to be excited by that.
>>
>>650412
Seems like the plot to a teen fiction novel. Not a fan of her eyes being the size of basketballs. I get it's stylistic, or whatever, but it's really off-putting. The rest of the CG really is cool. Probably not something I'd watch, though, just on the plot alone.
>>
>>650412
Ok, so you do better if you think that years of experience for each person on the project, thousands of hours polishing the animations to look fluid, making sure the rendering looks perfect, etc. Seriously if you think all these people's VERY hard work is amateurish then you make better, you talk a lot of game to demean others work, the collaboration of tons of very talented individuals working together then you make something better. We'll wait.. a long time because I figure you sling all these words around because you are unable to do it yourself and are mad at this fact. Go make better content or shut your fucking mouth. If I look at a piece of art and say "this is shit" I am either motivated to do better or just voicing my inability to do better. So, which are you?
>>
>>650597
This is pasta.
>>
>>650584
At no point did you say you read ANY of the manga or saw the anime so your points and arguments valid in any way. Her eyes look like that because the CHARACTER has eyes like that, not stylistic "or whatever", the character is made to look like that because her robotic body was MADE that way. Would you go down the street spouting "Hey, do your eyes look like because stylistic choices?'. Go read the manga and watch the anime and feel very wrong about this comment.
>>
>>650582
I've read/own the original series and the newer content, it all melds together, all has the same feel. Even in the trailer it looks like the manga depicted, dirty, hopeless, brutal. Just go watch it and stop being trying to dictate who is the bigger fan.
>>
>>650534
That sounds awesome though.
Danny Trejo bouncing around killing dudes in zero-G with a machete spouting one-liners to ground control.
With a stupid tagline on the poster like "In space, no one can hear you KILL".
What's not to like? Sounds like good family fun to me.
>>
>>650601
I'm a huge fan of the series and the trailers felt nothing like it, stop lying. Gally is in particular some dragon ball evolution tier insult. Shitty big eyes but they didn't even give her octopus lips even though it's her mentionned features. We get some incredibly ugly blue Tshirt instead of her top tier outfit. Her cyborg body looks too bad but the face is already enough to not make me want to take another look at her, which is quite ironic considering she's in my top girls ever.
And where the fuck are Makaku and Jashugan?
>>
>>650600
> At no point did you say you read ANY of the manga
> er eyes look like that because the CHARACTER has eyes like that, not stylistic "or whatever"

Absolute irony. Yeah, it's just a coincidence that every cute girls in the series have big eyes similar to Gally's.
>>
File: default.jpg (35 KB, 401x300)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>650412

it is supposed to be the babier SGI. the shit is about to keep the manga effect alive..

the BAA was dreamed out to be something like Avatar shit where everything should be 3d. sadly it has no such money to do it.

the only shit i can complain here is that Alita is shown as in her first half 30ns from a begin on. in the manga she is a 13 years old looking teen cyborg, who grows older with new replacement and interacting with the surroundings..
>>
>>650412
What kind of sick joke is this?
>>
>>
>>650649
What were they thinking?
>>
File: 1513848794115.gif (674 KB, 245x180)
674 KB
674 KB GIF
>>650649

It's hilarious as fuck because it's exactly what a rendition looks like made by someone who does COMPLETELY misses the point of Anime
>>
>>650649
lmao
>>
File: alitadate.jpg (90 KB, 700x497)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>650696

nothing. they just hired the mangaka of BAA.
>>
File: 1542312829317.gif (2.51 MB, 500x500)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB GIF
>>650600
>Getting your Jimmies this rustled because I'm uninterested in your stylized waifu
>Mfw
>>
>Manga artists:
The character is supposed to be incredibly agile and strong but also is supposed to be cute and expressive. We'll give her some beautiful manga eyes.

>Vomitwood "artists"
The character had big eyes in the nipponese comic so we'll morph an otherwise completely normal woman to have unnaturally huge eyes. That will do.
>>
>>650715
> The one face feature she has which is often mentionned in the series is her having octopus lips
> eh, who cares, just resize the eyes, it will be enough
>>
> Makaku (and by extension Desty Nova’s introduction) has been removed from the film. The cyborg that bears resemblance to him in the trailers is in actuality Grewcica, an amalgamated character from the 1993 anime OVA. This character is much less complex than Makaku and has no ties to Desty Nova.

> No Makaku
> no cool outfit for Gally
> no Jashugan

Why even bother. From the looks of it they made fucking Vector the big bad.
>>
>>650752
If Rodriguez fitted this scene in the movie, it will get 12 oscars just like LOTR.
>then, get ready for some unbelievable low budget directors following on studios we-need-to-do-it-too-because-it-makes-money
I´m betting on Sailor Moon Evolution
>>
>>650412
>>>/tv/
also the pokemon thread
this shit is low effort bait, even for /b/
>>
I don't understand the point of this movie. Sure it was good back then, but normies and general moviegoers aren't going to know jack shit about this IP or even care. I get that James Cameron or whatever wanted to do a movie of this since forever, but the time has come and passed. There isn't anywhere in the market where this makes sense.
If they made a live action Akria or something, then you'd have people pre-ordering tickets and stuff, but this? I doubt it.
>>
>>650868
Normies don't care about Akira either.
This is clearly a passion project, it was never going to be a blockbuster.

I don't mind the larger eyes, but the lack of dick-sucking lips is a huge bummer for me.
>>
File: 026.jpg (1.96 MB, 2139x3056)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
>>650878
>This is clearly a passion project

a "a passion project" kinda implies it's made of passion anon. Is your idea of passion to put the OAV bad guy instead of Makaku and add the motorball just for the heck of it without any of it (I can sure as hell bet it won't take place after Hugo dies in the movie, implying he even does, and let's not talk about Jashugan)

I was just asking for a Gally that doesn't look like nightmare fuel (the actress looked plenty fine on her own) with her kickass outfit and Makaku or Jashugan, so fuck it.
>>
>>650887
People like different things about the same thing, and it's a standard film length which limits what you can do depending on what you want to cover.
>>
File: 1540809843520.jpg (34 KB, 626x580)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>650412
sister...
>>
File: Trash_Bin_container.jpg (1.12 MB, 1600x1200)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>650412
Here is what happens:

Like the far too expensive western GITS live action movie it will come, pass and quickly fall into oblivion.
Real fans will be disappointed and even disgusted, normies won't understand or care what's going on.

- The End
>>
>>650893
> depending on what you want to cover.

So nothing interesting?
>>
That looks like a daz model with the eye scale set to 200 percent lmao.
>>
File: 582.jpg (57 KB, 480x748)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>650940
>>
File: yore ugleh.gif (385 KB, 220x282)
385 KB
385 KB GIF
>>650412
>>
>>650649
the problem isn't the eyes, it's that the CG version has a normal sized skull
>>
>>651359
The problem is that the whole thing is just terrible. Original style has way more stylization than big eyes and the big eyes are stylized in the first place and not realistic ones, it could never work, it should have been full realistic or full stylization, not a lazy ass eye resizing.
>>
File: images_7.jpg (28 KB, 381x386)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>650905
I hate this. Gunnm was so fucking good. Especially for as long as Cameron has been blowing hot air about doing it on the big screen, I'm a little flustered at the weirdness of what I'm seeing.
But fuck it. I'm going to see this movie opening day and I'm going to love it anyways.
>>
>>651398
Deep, deep down you will always know: it's a POS that never should have been made.
>>
What did they think giving her huge eyes like that

She had huge eyes in the anime because that's the fucking anime artstyle, it's in line with all other character designs, but in this movie it just looks jarring
>>
I just think this style doesn't translate well to realistic cg, it looks too uncanny.
>>
>1990
>Jurassic Park
>Better looking CGI than most movies today
>>
File: 1280098722415.jpg (16 KB, 324x357)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Fucking amateurs.
>>
>>650455
Lol cry more u huge fagg
>>
>>650715
Stfu you pathetic weaboo. Go talk to a human outside
>>
>>651362
Why dont you shut up and go live in japan u filthy mega autist
>>
>>650412
James Cameron is a fucking genius, he knows how many millennials have grown up masturbating exclusively to deformed manga girls and as a result have a completely fucked up sense of facial geometry.
Do you even doubt he's gonna surf all the way to the bank ontop of a freaking bukkake tsunami? Remember he's the same guy who got regular everyday people hard for basketball smurf kittens.
>>
File: dnd.gif (3.9 MB, 300x224)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB GIF
>>650412
This can't be real
>>
>>651549
Yeah but last time I checked good ol JC isn't even directing this PoS. He calls it a passion project but he doesn't even seem like he has his hands in it. Too busy with Avatar 2-3-4 at the same time probably.
I'm sure that Cameron knows there's more to anime then big ass eyes. I just don't know why he's just letting it happen.
>>
>>651543
> not liking garbage means being a mega autist
>>
>>650887
>the OAV bad guy instead of Makaku
You can fucking see Makaku in the latest trailer
>>
>>651601
It wasn't Makaku but this OAV fodder.
https://battleangel.wikia.com/wiki/Grewcica
>>
One big threat with bitches whining about her eyes, but nobody complains about the obvious problem of adapting a super-violent, super-edgy story into an super-clean PG13 kiddy-movie.
Fuck you guys.
>>
>>651618
> why do people talk about the 3D part on /3/

There has been threads on /a/ to talk about that.
>>
>>651622
Her eye-size has nothing to do with 3D, it's an artistic choice.
>>
>>651602
Rodriguez has mentioned in interviews the villain is a parasite who jumps from body to body and changes personality accordingly, so it's Makaku
>>
File: 1541864355981.jpg (69 KB, 589x453)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
The one thing that could save this movie is good fight choreography. Would love to see an honest to goodness live action panzer kunst fight. The footage looks good so far in this regard so hopefully that's what we get.
>>
>>651633
>Hollywood
>Good fight choreography
pick one
Also panzer kunst without bursting heads and flying limbs is kinda pointless
>>
>>651639
They can't show that stuff in the trailer you know. It may be PG-13 but it doesn't mean she won't be busting cyborg heads in the movie. And the fight choreography looks good even in the trailer. Performance capture is the reason they can let her do those things on screen.
>>
>>650563
Alita isn't a normal cyborg
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
>>
>>650412
it's embarrasing, uncanny and ugly. Fuck this movie, chicken wing
>>
>>650412
as a diehard fan of the comic book i'm worried about the story, but i find the visuals are very pleasing
>>
>>651455
this is what happens when you use a tool when it's needed rather than just because you can.
>>
>>652192
Aside from her rare techniques, she is.
>>
>>652419
your wrong
>>
File: 1542796347406.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>go for MAXIMUM OVERNEOTENY
>don't resize her chin, nose and forehead
>>
File: Alita-Eyes.png (278 KB, 1271x528)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>650432
I partially agree with you. The eyes ruined the movie before it was released, but I doubt it would have been enjoyable either way.

But seriously, how could this go past a whole production team with everyone being okay about this concept? I mean there must have been SOMEBODY who noticed it wouldn't be such a good idea, right? It just looks absolutely abhorrent.
>>
File: Hair and nose too.jpg (50 KB, 942x480)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>650649
They forgot the rest
>>
>Budget $150–200 million
kek

Classic case of how one design mistake can fuck up the collective effort of hundreds of people. I bet everyone who worked on this was depressed, knowing all their effort goes to waste for this abomination. Especially newbies who hoped to put their first big movie on their resume.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (104 KB, 383x410)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
What were they thinking?
>>
File: noir.jpg (24 KB, 279x381)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
This movie is the biggest CG cringe I've seen in a long time. Comedy gold.
>>
File: un-japanize.jpg (361 KB, 1271x1056)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>655172
That's how corporate made movies work I guess. "Hey the kids love their japanese toons... We need to make money off of them!"

It's also so easy to soIve, I just dialed it down a little and it looks so much better.
>>
File: 1544554200214.png (293 KB, 525x491)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
cutie
>>
>>655218
Yep, still large but much less mind bending. I can barely look at the original.
>>
The rule 34 will come down hard on this one.
>>
>>650649
They couldn't even tease her hair to make it look bigger
>>
>>650434
She's a cyborg and in the manga she was never supposed to stand out in anyway, James Cameron is a retard.
>>
>>655218
going from retarded anime kawaii eye size to generic manic pixie dream girl big eyes would at least make me want to watch the movie without cringing every time she's on screen, makes me hope they did a 180 on her eyes and remade them, even though i know they didn't and they won't
>>
>>650432
>>650432
eyes killed this yeah i agree
>>
>>655172
The sad part is that i'm pretty sure that everyone that worked on those eyes knew the trainwreck they were on, but could do nothing to stop it.
>>
>>650432
I was this guy and I was super wrong. Just saw the prescreening and it was beautiful. I'm never really into 3d but watch this in 3d IMAX. It's a fucking treat
>>
>>653041
You obviously didn't read Mars Chronicles . She is VERY different
>>
>>666379
How much from the manga does it cover? Is Nova in the film?
>>
>>666379
Fuck off you shill.
>>
>>666405
Nova is in it.

>>666410
No. Go into it with that attitude and you'll see what I mean. I had zero expectations and was blown Away. Watch it in 3d
>>
saw it few days ago- as a fan (mostly ova- not read all manga) and left hungry for part 2-3. eyes weren't a fail- shes full mech. my bro is not into anime but saw enough of his stuff to drag him in and he liked it too. if it was ghost in the shell i'm sure he would have given it a pass (can't blame, for me the action pieces were done to death anyway). lets apreesh that camerons tech cam-tech was patiantly built up to this point before it was made, it could have look like that live-action fist of the north star. that movie was pretty awsome.
>>
I just saw it.
>eyes
didn't care
there are other things to look at in the films.
the only times the eyes are really noticeable is when they want you to notice them. which you will.
>>651618
>super-violent super-edgy
>PG-13
It was super violent, they threw a guy into a meat grinder on screen.
This is "transformers PG-13". Everything's OK as long as it doesn't show blood, even though you're pulling out robot spines and throwing people into meat grinders.

>>666405
The defense rings show up.
>>
File: 1550181444592.jpg (52 KB, 313x470)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>650646
Ameritoids ruin everything they touch.
>>
>>667682

Everyone who's seen it enjoyed it. Why are you still trying?
>>
>>650412
>tfw you see all the cheese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbR-iR3WauY
>>
>>650412
I wish everyone involved with this POS will have their careers ruined one way or another.
>>
>>650412
Is this like the Attack on Titan of the 90s?
>>
>>667997
No, this one was actually good, but only the Manga.
>>
File: the-dark-crystal.jpg (95 KB, 790x622)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>655218
Huge improvement.

I'm surprised they didn't run a market test to see if this look would sell. Historically, it doesn't. If they did run a focus group, wonder what kind of people they asked.
>>
File: Iwannabeacat.jpg (659 KB, 1000x3157)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
>>655218
Anon is onto something, let's continue this to it's logical conclusion.
>>
>>650412
Because people keep giving Robert Rodriguez work for some reason I can't fathom. And his CGI use is always crap as it is.

But to give him a high budget and then ship it to a studio whose talent has been gone since those Hobbit movies only exasperates the issue.
>>
>>668084
Have you actually seen the movie?
>>
>>668101
No, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize it, fagget.
>>
>>668105
You're criticizing a trailer and not the product itself.
It must be painful being so feeble and useless.
>>
File: dsl.webm (3 MB, 1424x800)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>651549
>basketball smurf kittens
What does this mean?
>>650878
yeah im quite disappointed
>>
>>651618
wtf is this fucker
wtf is this manga
>>
>>650422
HA
>>
>>668106
We're all feable and useless because we're posting on /3/.

Besides, movie prices are retardedly expensive and based off of WETA's past work as of late, I don't see this being all that great even with the high budget.
>>
>>668114
avatar the 12ft blue wifu edition
>>
File: BA01-103.jpg (237 KB, 801x1188)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>650563
Alita's appearance matures as the series goes on, to reflect her own increasing maturity.

Her appearance at the start is far more childlike - large forehead, large eyes. Towards the end, she looks like this: >>650434

Other cyborgs usually have far more extreme facial distortions, either to show how fucked up they are in the head, to make them look amusing, or just because the story isn't about them so it doesn't fucking matter.
>>
File: BA01-043.jpg (301 KB, 807x1209)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>668116
Makaku. First villain of the story, addicted to endorphins.

The Scrapyard doesn't have the facilities to produce them in a lab, so the only source is human brains - and the Scrapyard is a shithole, so it's probably just cheaper to harvest them from brains anyway...

Makaku just grabs people and chows down on their brains.
>>
>>668744
>addicted to endorphins.
We are all addicted to endorphins
>>
File: 1403236014914.jpg (572 KB, 2477x3500)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
They eyes aren't bad just because they are big. The eyes look bad because west just can't into anime.
>>
>>668767
speak for yourself retard.
>>
>>668767
This is a new level of shitposting. Congrats.
>>
>>650412
I'm sure you can make a better movie.
What are you working on right now?
>>
>>668795
Right now I'm producing a series of 30 sec shorts focusing on the ordinary, doing the common "we're all connected in intangible ways" thing. It may sound pretentious but it's just for the lolz.
>>
File: I'll bite your dick off.jpg (77 KB, 1112x1060)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
This is the endgame for all aspiring 3d artists and animators
>>
>>669125
im going to kill myself
>>
creepy as fuck
>>
File: BattlekekLOLita.jpg (130 KB, 1112x1060)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>669125
>>
>>667686
Everyone with shit taste that is.
>>
>>650412
i wanted to kill myself when i saw the trailer. why didn't they just keep her eyes normal ? i mean i get its an itr anime adaptation, but honestly it was not needed
>>
>>669149
>why didn't they just keep her eyes normal ?
Really? You guys don't get it?
Its an unique selling point. EVERYBODY is talking about the fucking eyes.
was is needed?
Absolutely not.
But it makes it stand out so much from all the other comic movie adaptions that it gets a lot of attention.
Sure, some people absolutely hate it and i get it, but the majority of people doesn't care or changed their opinion after seeing the movie.
Its actually quite brilliant from an marketing perspective.
>>
Most of you retards don't understand that her character is supposed to have eyes like that, it is literally in the source material that she has bigger eyes than usual. Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>669144
VERY rare VERY cool
>>
>>669227
Doesn't matter anon, anime girls can have bigger eyes than Alita does in the manga and it looks perfectly ordinary in 2D. When you stick oversized eyeballs like that in a real head the effect becomes monstrous and you can't just handwave that away with "that's how her in-universe creator built her" it still looks extremely horrid.
>>
>>669302
>the effect becomes monstrous
>it still looks extremely horrid.
That's an subjective opinion anon, and you can't pretend that it is some universal truth, that would be incredibly stupid.
I am not saying you are wrong if you dislike it, more power to you, i see why you would believe that, but the same is true for the opposite.
>>
>>650412
I fucking loved it, havent seen such detail in vfx for a while was really a nice surprise, and was nice to see something different other than those diluted Marvel effects, there was something real gritty about this film, loved it
>>
>>669303
>That's an subjective opinion anon, and you can't pretend that it is some universal truth

~100% of all homo sapiens ever born has ping-pong sized eyeballs. If one comes along with tennis ball sized ones you would not
keep walking like it wasn't something out of the ordinary without pretending.
Nobody is such a unbigoted accepting creature that they don't notice morbidly malformed abnormalities in fellow humans.

At least internally you'd go some variant of "holy shit, that one has some kind of super rare ocular elefantiasis".
>>
cute
>>
>>669306
You must have pretty low standards
>>
>>670334
la creatura
>>
>>650464
Because in original only alita has big eyes
>>
>>670362
But it didn't look remotely as uncanny and goofy as whatever this movie shat out on us.
>>
>>650412
>How do they keep getting away with it?????
When you are wearing 3D glasses you can't pay attention tot he details and the studios haven't realized that they need to make at least one of the views look good without the 3d effect or it will affect the mid-tail/long-tail profits of a film.
(And the short-tail profits. The trailers used to promote this movie suffered from this.)
>>
>>650455
>alienating people who are accustomed with normal face proportions
god you're such a faggot
>>
>>650442
This is the average skill of /3/ but they'll still complain about >>650412
and I thought /v/ was entitled.
>>
>>658061
bullshit you can look you fairy
>>
>>660730
you're a sensitive one arent you
>>
>>669125
Having the creative freedom to try new things and advance an art form.
>If you never fail you will never progress.
>>
File: yep.jpg (68 KB, 388x568)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Were you complaining when they did this.
>>
>>650412
>This entire movie is shit babby tier cg
I'm really curious to see what you call "good cg".
>>
>>672053
I cant believe I was on OP's side before watching it :/
>>
>>672001
Yes because he looked like a cute disney character not a gross frog man. It's all in the eyes.
>>
>>650519
Spy kids one is the only good one and he does suck.
He makes kids movies as bad as he USED to make good movies. Now he's a old man with no fucking talent and 4 grown ass kids with alliterative names. Fuck him.
>>
File: 1484507221501.png (27 KB, 477x387)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>650519
>>672679
To be fair I used to really love Rodriguez, but in retrospect his best film is Sin City.. and it's a 1:1 copy of the graphic novel and Miller was working with him, soo.. not much original direction/storytelling to come up with.

That makes him on par with Zach Snyder and Watchmen; same situation. It's a sad conclusion...

(I still have to see Alita btw, maybe that'll help his case.. or doom it forever)
>>
>>672698
One more thing, his band is better than any movie he ever did. I'll die on that hill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9s4pk-l0E8
>>
Poop
>>
>>650538
Have you even seen the movie? Alita had big eyes because she was a Martian. All Martians have big eyes.
>>
>>650612
Makaku was changed to Grewishka, and Jashugan was present as Jai Courtney in the Motorball part of the film.
>>
Its the best manga/anime adaption to date.
CGI was great in 3D.
True stereoscopic cinematography > converted trash.
Alita is easily the best CGI character I've ever seen. The Actress is a perfect fit. The performance capture of her acting came 100% through.
Story and pacing could have been better (its a little overstuffed with exposition) and it fizzles out at the end without a strong finale.
Hugo was kinda meh. (The actor and the writing)
Action is awesome but there could have been more of it. Motorball sequences are too short IMHO.
Still, its really an enjoyable move. Actually the best of this year so far.
I hope they make another one.
>>
>>673376
Walk head first into a buzz saw you disgusting shill. No shilling can save this trainwreck.
>>
>>673383
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>666379
same I thought it was really good and the eyes weren't actually distracting like I thought they would be, they just give the character a little more personality (she's not any more "uncanny" than all the other cyborgs imo)
>>
>>650412
I actually like the eyes, she's a robot so it's ok if she's strange. But the movie seems cheesy as fuck, the actual action scenes are plastic looking, she doesn't pout like Alita, and the movie doesn't look nearly as gritty as the manga, everything is shiny when it shouldn't be.
>>
>>670371
making anime look decent in live action is a really hard feat
>>
Shills are out in full force again.
>>
>>671995
only as much as you're a tasteless weeaboo
>>671868
compelling argument you make
honestly though i wanna watch the movie now since i heard it's got very good action/fighting scenes, i can look past retarded eyes for that



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.